All XM for Strategy & Research Reviews

Ho'omana Nathan

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Qualtrics is a super powerful, customizable data collection tool but may be overkill for some projec

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

I am well pleased with Qualtrics CoreXM.

We utilize Qualtrics CoreXM to gather feedback from our customers and other targeted individuals through surveys. With Qualtrics AI-powered features, we are generating analytical metrics from both simple and complex survey data. This allows us to derive valuable insights from our surveys and maximize their potential.

PROS

I truly appreciate the default survey templates provided on Qualtrics XM, which allow us to create highly interactive and effective surveys. In addition, I want to highlight the advanced AI and machine learning features offered by Qualtrics CoreXM that make complex statistical data analysis of our survey results automated and effortless with as little input from our end as possible . The Text iQ function also enables us to efficiently analyze open-text feedback. Furthermore, the intuitive interface of Qualtrics makes it easy to use and minimizes the learning curve for survey creation.

CONS

We utilize Qualtrics CoreXM to gather feedback from our customers and other targeted individuals through surveys. With Qualtrics AI-powered features, we can generate analytical metrics for both simple and complex data. This allows us to derive valuable insights from our surveys and maximize their potential.

Stewart

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Cadillac of Survey Software

We've been using Qualtrics for over 8 years now. As a boutique market research firm, we were looking for a full-featured online survey tool that was also cost effective. We were impressed with everything Qualtrics had to offer right off the bat, and I've continued to be impressed with the innovations and improvements they've deployed over the years. Our one complaint is that the price has crept up over the years to the point that it's significantly higher than we were paying 4-5 years ago. But that being said, we have yet to find another survey software that is as fully-featured and easy to use as Qualtrics.

PROS

Qualtrics is very user-friendly and makes it easy to program and manage complex surveys that are mobile-friendly. We can program advanced routing and conditional logic, incorporate media into the surveys to test, and export the data into the various formats and reports we need.

CONS

The costs have increased significantly over the years, and their customer support team will not help with some advanced programing capabilities, such as incorporating javascript into the surveys (you can use javascript, but you're on your own if you encounter issues).

Reason for choosing XM for Strategy & Research

Qualtrics was more affordable and easier to use.

Reasons for switching to XM for Strategy & Research

We were constrained by their design limitations, both for question types and how the surveys looked on the screen to the respondents (e.g. Snap looked very outdated and cheap). As our company grew, we realized the need to have a more full-featured online survey tool that had a modern look and feel.

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Easy Collection and Analysis of Survey Data

Qualtrics is amazing to use. However, it made my work somewhat challenging when I used it for a project. We discontinued its use because we were unable to customize it for our mobile devices. It is not very helpful when it comes to rural or offline data collection. I realized the web version of the software also uses cookies, which can make life difficult sometimes.

PROS

Qualtrics has an easy-to-use dashboard. It is relatively easier to find all your current projects or deployed surveys. The data analysis dashboard is also super-easy to use. Qualtrics is one of the few high-quality and efficient survey and data collections I have used. It is great for both qualitative and quantitative questions.

CONS

A major drawback to this amazing software is the difficulty in creating and managing more advanced or complex projects using Qualtrics. I find it more difficult in creating and editing questions and templates in Qualtrics compared to other survey designers and deployment platforms I have used in my work.

Tania

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Game changer for surveys

Really liked using this software as it made collecting students information and feedback so much easier and reliable.

PROS

It is very easy to create surveys and have full freedom of how you want them to look like. You can customize them to better fit your application. Variety of question types to chose from. Especially the fillable table questions, come in very easy when making forms that collect multiple aspects data

CONS

It has some parts that were a bit hard to navigate at first. It does seems a bit confusing, especially when analyzing results, but there is lots of documentation support for it

Reason for choosing XM for Strategy & Research

It provided a lot more freedom for formats and way more data collection abilities

1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

State of the art for survey building

As I limit my experience with Qualtrics to building surveys, distributing them, and downloading the dataset to work on data processing and analyses using other tools, the platform does its job. I could certainly expand my use of the tool if reporting and data visualization features offered a better user experience and look and feel.

PROS

Qualtrics is the state of art when it comes to survey building platforms. It has one of the most user-friendly interfaces, it allows very complex logics, and offers questions types that you don't see in other tools. It is also super easy to upload my own lists and I often use their panel for outside sample recruitment.

CONS

I am not a big fan of Qualtrics' reporting and data visualization features. The look and feel is poor and the tool is not flexible enough - if the dashboard feature was available, it could be another story. Customer support is also poor: they are not timely and often times they do not resolve my issues.

Reason for choosing XM for Strategy & Research

It has the most user-friendly interface and it looks more 'professional'.

Melanie

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Qualtrics sets the bar high!

PROS

What I like most is how user-friendly the survey build feature is. The survey flow function makes it easy to macro-level changes to the survey

CONS

What I like least the delay in creating lists and generating links for large data sets

Reason for choosing XM for Strategy & Research

Qualtrics is easier to navigate and has advanced features not found with the other options

Katie

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

No better way to collect data

Qualtrics is an amazing software. It has really helped me when working with HR needs assessments or other data collecting activities.

PROS

Collecting and analyzing data with Qualtrics is easy. From setup, to design, to distribution, Qualtrics has your back. It is constantly giving you tips and tricks to make your research better. This only helps you in the long run.

CONS

Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options. Unlimited everything is the way to go if you're going to be utilizing the software often or have a lot of responses you intend to collect.

Reasons for switching to XM for Strategy & Research

The free version of survey monkey limits you to ten questions. My surveys are more in-depth than, unfortunately.

Jason

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

PROS

I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

CONS

One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2018

The Gold Standard

Another thing to consider when evaluating Qualtrics is that they have an incredible support team. From your account manager, to your success manager, to the random people you connect with within the support organization, everyone has been stellar. I know that if I have a problem or even a random question, they will make sure I'm taken care of. It's a great relationship and they really care about each of their customers on an individual level.

PROS

Where to begin? Qualtrics is truly the gold standard in survey software. They have built an exemplary product over the years and keep adding more inventive features to be a whole system solution. Unlike other softwares that are either easy and basic with limited functionality or powerful with a steep learning curve, Research Core is both easy to use at a very basic level and has the power to handle any sophisticated needs you can think of. I've yet to run into a way to survey that the software can't pull off.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is one time that I found an incomplete answer in the knowledge base, but that's me REALLY trying to think of a negative.

Elena

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Great Survey/Data Analysis Platform

PROS

It's a secure way to create surveys that the institution I work at allows me to use. There's lots of ways to create surveys using templates, building from scratch and fully customizing to your needs.

CONS

There's a huge learning curve to fully understand how to create surveys due to the complexity of options in creating them.

Grace DiDomenico

Reviewed January 2018

Survey platform with the most functionality, although drawbacks for some research designs.

PROS

Out of the all the survey platforms I have tried (survey monkey, wufoo, google forms etc.), Qualtrics has the most flexibility and functionality, without compromising the intuitive, user-friendly layout. Building surveys is painless, and when building more complicated surveys, I never hesitate to call the support team because of the short wait time and COMPREHENSIVE, USEFUL HELP. Qualtrics allows our lab to create, share and score surveys EFFICIENTLY. With the `Library, we can store surveys, blocks, and questions, which can be copied, edited or referenced in future projects. We have a personal libraries, and shared lab library. `Scoring saves us days of data cleaning. We can score a survey multiple times for different categories we create (ex. categories like Depression Score, Hopelessness Subscale Score). We also can customize the point value of the question items. This is important when the Likert Scale does not follow 1-5, or when a question needs to be reverse coded. When we need more advanced/customizable calculations we use embedded data (ex. converting sum to word labels depending on cutoffs). With scoring features, data can be expertorted and ready for analysis with VERY MINIMAL data cleaning. Before I explain the cons, I want to lead with saying support is always open and grateful for feedback and has even reached out to speak with me about what features I would like to be added.

CONS

Although useful, scoring is cumbersome, and confusing. 1. 'Scoring' does not automatically set the items point value based on how it is recoded (items need to be reverse coded when inputting AND scoring). 3. Scoring does not stay with a survey when added to library 4. Scoring also has glitched numerous times not allowing me to create new scoring categories. Support has yet to reach out to me about a solution (over 8mns later). Embedded data (ED) also causes issues. 1. ED is case sensitive, so you must be very careful when inputting ED in logic or piped text. Often my logic is not working, or data is wrong, simply because I have an extra space at the end of my ED. Qualtrics should add the ability to choose ED you set from a dropdown eliminating this problem 3. ED has glitches for me not allowing me to view certain dropdown options in Survey Flow (also unexplained by Support) Survey flow is also quite cumbersome. When working with a complex survey (a lot of logic/branches/ED) it is hard to navigate. Survey Flow should have a side bar of levels for easier management. Survey flow would also benefit from having a 'checker' for incorrect logic or ED, keeping me from having to use the trial and error method. Other features I would like to see to the platform, 1. conditional formatting for email triggers. 2. ability to breakdown a survey report by individual 3. ability to link surveys reports together to look at data over time (ex. weekly report of anxiety symptoms).

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

I highly recommend using Qualtrics as a marketing strategy tool

We will be able to convert our potential customers into customers who use our services and appreciate our marketing campaigns with the help of Qualtrics CoreXM, which can be used in any industry or situation. You can use this method for a variety of research projects since it makes it possible for any organization to gather and analyze information about how consumers perceive products and services to take targeted decisions based on that information.

PROS

It's a lot more user-friendly, flexible, and powerful than most other survey applications out there. In addition, the customer service representatives are always open to fresh suggestions and eager to help. Qualtrics surveys can be adjusted in several ways, from the form questions' structure and layout to the aesthetics. Customer and market research are two of its primary applications. Using Qualtrics email tool, an automatic Salesforce integration, social media posting, and Marketo emails, we distribute surveys to our customers and prospects. However, we also utilize it for internal purposes, such as surveys on the effectiveness of projects and departments, preferences of employees, and RSVPs for events.

CONS

I'm not sure how useful the new product lines are yet, but Qualtrics has been working hard to extend its product range. The Qualtrics insights summit is a great place to meet academics from all over the world. I simply wish they would place more attention on research and less on bringing in high-profile speakers. The help offered by Qualtrics may be better. It can be hard to find help in the community. To get assistance, I nearly always must use an online chat or email.

mark

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2017

A very powerful survey application, very intuitive to use! Extremely flexible, superb support

great survey tools obviously, but we have built some wonderful educational applications as well Without the flexibility of Qualtrics we would never have even tried to create these apps on our own.

PROS

The broad variety of question types, the generally intuitive inteface that lets you start simply, but encourages you to explore its more poweful features. I like the ability to easily get data out in a variety of formats (SPSS, CSV, etc) and add Tableau support was a huge plus!!! The ability to customize the look and feel is very nice, and the flexible distribution options (email, anonymous links, etc) work very well for us. The ability to embed objects in the GUI Editor is awesome, we have built training, teaching modules in Qualtrics without advanced tech help just because the tools are so easy to use!!

CONS

the Table of Contents tool is limited by rules put on place for surveys. We'd like to see educational options settings that would allow more creative use of Qualtrics for educational use.

Dan

Fine Art, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Useful Online Survey software perfect for Social Distancing

For my job I collect student equipment requests which can then be filled and placed into lockers for contactless pickups. Being able to have students fill in a survey online has been vital to my job during the pandemic. Doing the same thing through email would have been a nightmare and would not be as thorough.

PROS

The ability to customize the questions and their format is great. Tons of options multiple choice, blank fields, etc. Once the data is collected you again get to format it to your workflow. I export to Excel to use and add to the data being collected as I see fit. I can then easily share that with colleagues when needed.

CONS

There are some features that seemed hard to find to me. The name of some of the features are also not intuitive so looking them up is not easy, and could use some work to refine and make it better.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Powerful survey tool with user-friendly interface

PROS

The functionality of Qualtrics has dramatically improved over the past five years. There is now much more flexibility in customization, saving questions to blocks and libraries, analysis and reporting, and even appearance. There is a big range of question types and lots of options for customization for each question, and it's easy to drag-and-drop to rearrange the survey. There are some powerful analysis tools and you can easily download your data in different formats (CSV, TSV, SPSS, XML, etc.). The user/survey-taker side is clear and has been problem-free for our needs.

CONS

Can sometimes run into issues with scrolling and saving changes to surveys when using Qualtrics on my iPad.

Natalia

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed March 2019

Qualtrics is great!

PROS

Qualtrics is very robust. It has so many functionalities that I cannot think or any data collection process that it could not meet my needs. I can always collect exactly what I want. I love creating surveys in Qualtrics. The customer support is the best I have seen. The help/resource page is extremely comprehensive and easy to follow. I have fun building survey in Qualtrics. I always say: "These Qualtrics people know what they are doing!"

CONS

Sometimes it takes too much html coding to achieve the perfect look you are trying to achieve - complex font and style formatting are a bit time consuming at times.

Salvatore

Reviewed June 2021

Incredibly Adaptable

I have utilized Qualtrics for a long list of purposes, and its features allow for a very diverse use basis. While Qualtrics shines as survey software, it can also be used for validation purposes as well a means to redirect customers or students based on need (dictates by questions they answer).

PROS

It it easy to begin building surveys, however, there are an incredible number of ways to customize Qualtrics for various purposes. In some cases, coding or branch logic may need to be set up, however, Qualtrics can be used as a validation tool, as a survey software, as a means to hold a virtual orientation through the inclusion of videos, or even as a means to link users to a meeting or other resource. The options are limitless.

CONS

It is easy to get started with Qualtrics, but it can be challenging to master. Setting up Branch Logic or Display Logic can be frustrating for some users, however, I do find that some of the visual organization tool help to allay some of these concerns. Fortunately, there is an incredibly large database of support materials. I have found customer support to be very communicative and helpful.

Deena

Reviewed June 2017

Formatting a survey on your own is easy even for more complicated tasks.

PROS

It's flexible. It has options for online and offline surveys. Importing questions from previous surveys is seamless, editing and reordering questions is simple. There are built-in features for a wide range of question and response situations. Qualtrics overs 24-hour support and tutorials for complex programming tasks to get you the design you need. The support staff are professional, friendly, fast and knowledgeable.

CONS

Ocassionally I've run into glitches and had to delete and re-enter questions to get rid of an issue. Editing (and re-editing) wouldn't fix the issue.

E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 employees