All Trello Reviews

Kathryn

2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Trello is perfect for small teams, especially when working remotely.

Danny

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Scalable and flexible project planning and task management software.

This is software that we use every single day. I also use Trello in a professional capacity. It is easy to get up and running, and easy to get clients onboarded with it as well.

PROS

We love how flexible Trello is. We have separate boards for different projects and even for our internal team management and admin tasks like accounting and HR. There is no "right way" to set up Trello, which means you can mold it to your own needs.

CONS

Over the years, they've included less and less in the free version, but if you're running a business, the pricing is fair and scalable to pay for it.

Reason for choosing Trello

Basecamp didn't have a freemium model. You get a free trial, then must pay to continue using. Trello lets you use the free version perpetually until you grow into paying for it. ClickUp seemed way to robust and monolithic for our needs. Trello was much simpler to get up and running.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Asana seemed like it was more geared toward larger teams and just simply wasn't as intuitive to get in and set it up.

Antonio

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

The road to your personal successes, all on a slight of hand!

Exceptional, being a company involved in financial services we need to accomplish tasks and assignments in the fastest and more efficient possible way. Trello makes this way easier.

PROS

Trello is an incredibly user friendly software, it's easy to use and you can quickly get familiar with the dashboard. For people who, like me, tend to organize things by "visual schemes" (eg. colors, lines ecc) trello is perfect! The possibility of creating different colored labels depending on the priority of a certain task will make the dashboard easy to access and fast to share. About sharing, the task assignment is really intuitive and catchy, you can either drag and drop the members of your team on a certain task or, for those who prefer more formal things, you can invite them by email to join a certain task. Mobile and Desktop interfaces are very stable, fast and fluid. Me and my team never came accross any critrical bug.

CONS

The thing I absolutely liked the least of the software is the fact that it's not possible to upload a custom picture for the background on Lite accounts but, of course, one does not buy trello just to get his custom background. So to sum up, no critical cons.

Reason for choosing Trello

Asana presented some major bugs and system instability and as far as we needed 10 people to access an assignment dashboard as fast as possible we could not rely on nothing less than Trello.

Stephen

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Project management, collaboration and file sharing with Trello

PROS

I like that with Trello we can share files with ease enhancing collaboration among our teams which helps in managing various projects.

CONS

The onboarding process is quite tough especially for new users to project management

Brittany

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Trello is great, but there are better options out there for PM software

PROS

Trello has a lot of options for customization and the ease of use is unmatched. This is great tool for project management within teams and cross-departmental collaboration. This tool holds all active parties accountable for the overall timeline.

CONS

Some of the features are difficult to locate and the customization becomes tedious. Customer service is very helpful, but it would be appreciated if customizing was a little easier.

Matt

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Very simple and very organized

Overall the experience has been excellent and I use Trello daily to manage my workload and projects.

PROS

I love that I can set up a Trello board in just a few minutes and it's functional and ready to be used. I also like how easy it is to integrate with Zapier so that I can include my Trello activity in other platforms that I use, and vice versa.

CONS

Trello doesn't have a ton of moving parts, so while this is good for quick and easy setup, sometimes I have more advanced automated needs that it can't support, as a task and project management tool.

Reasons for switching to Trello

I switched software because Trello is much easier to use.

Allen

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

Great product hidden behind barrier to entry

Once i signed up, it *appeared* that i couldn't advance without paying. After logging out and back in, it no longer asked that. But this is too confusing for teams of volunteers, so i went with a different product.

PROS

Once i got going with it, it was fairly easy to create projects, items, and assign them to team members.

CONS

Very confusing sign up process. And less features than some other free options.

Reason for choosing Trello

I chose MindMeister and Meistertask over Trello.

Robin

Accounting, 1 employee

Love my Trello!

Excellent - their client care bends over backward to help you find a resolution when you have a query and are kind and easy to deal with. The product speaks for itself if you like Kanban visuals like I do, plus the ability to set it up according to your own productivity system, GTD in my case.

PROS

I love that I was able to use AI to help me set my Trello up using GTD methodology. I love the backgrounds and have used both the free and paid versions. It's worth every penny and an excellent tool for bootstrapping entrepreneurs.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like about Trello!

Fassil

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Why Trello Is The Best

PROS

An amazing solution for task and workflow management. It has served us right.

CONS

So far Trello is amazing and no flaws of any kind.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2024

It's one of the most convenient way to manage projects

Overall, Trello is good for beginner to intermediate users. I liked it when I first started working with project management tools.

PROS

Trello has a very easy user interface. A new comer can master it within a week. I like how easily boards and cards can be created. Adding colleagues to the boards makes it easy to collaborate.

CONS

It is not very good for a budgeting purposes. I used Monday.com which is a lot batter in that regard.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Manage your projects and tasks with Trello

I’ve used Trello to organize projects with other teams and it’s been really helpful, we were able to pull out the project faster than we expected because it was well designed on Trello.

PROS

The templates are well designed, the interface is user friendly, has several useful features, the support team is kind and replies fast.

CONS

Some features were too complex for me to understand and had to ask for support.

Kathleen

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Easy and Effective Project Management

When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail! Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

PROS

I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

CONS

Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

Reason for choosing Trello

Trello was the right solution at the right price point for me. And my students enjoy using it!

Reasons for switching to Trello

Better team sharing via Trello; more pleasing visual interface

Julian

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Simple and free tool for time management using Agile principles

We are a corporate training company and we use Trello to teach time management for corporate users. Our participants adopt very easily the tool and are ready to use it in minutes. I also personally use it to store information, manage small projects, plan my trips and collaborate with others. Simple and effective.

PROS

Trello is super easy to use and a very simple concept. However, it is amazing powerful and has lots of power ups and extensions to make it even more powerful. Its free and very intuitive. I use it with the participants in my workshops and they can all register and get it running in a couple of minutes.

CONS

Managing several boards can become cumbersome and Trello does not have an easy way to sync cards or lists among boards. With the purchase of Buttler a former third party power up, this is a bit better now, but still a big flaw.

Reason for choosing Trello

Price and simplicity. The free version is good enough for a powerful experience and the paid version is still reasonable . Asana is much more powerful, but more expensive and complex.

Reasons for switching to Trello

We used to recommend Outlook or Google Calendar for tasks management, but Trello is much better. There are other good platforms, like Asana, that are more robust, but not free and less simple. Trello is a great balance between features and simplicity.

Der

Computer Games, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Trello, awesome for ToDo lists but in need of improvement

Trello is an ingenious site to create ToDO lists. I know a few companies that use Trello and I do. I use Trello to create ToDo lists for the completion of my computer game. So current problems are listed there and colored whether the problem still exists or has been fixed. When I have new ideas, I create a Trello map. So I have my ideas, important things and problems directly in one place. I have tested a CMS for my webserver that works similar to Trello. However, it has always turned out that Trello is the better choice.

PROS

There are some positive things, but also some that bother me. One of the positive features of Trello is that it is absolutely free. I can use it without any costs and have all my information in one place. Trello's smartphone app helps me stay up to date and add new ideas even when I'm on the go. The website is quickly loaded even if the internet is not so good and you can access everything quickly and easily.

CONS

What really bothers me about using Trello is that you can only create these vertical boxes and then always add new lists to the right. In the beginning that's ok, but with larger collections of ideas, problems or todo-things in general, the board quickly becomes confusing. With my current board I have to scroll 10 minutes to the right (Of course that's a bit exaggerated, but you know what I mean, don't you?) to get to my other lists. In any case, I hope for a better user interface that is clearer and makes it easier to work with a team on the board.

Reason for choosing Trello

Simple ToDo List (plugin) has a terrible design and Next Cloud is awesome (as cloud) but not for todo-lists. It also hasnt trello like features.

Suzan

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Online project management system that changed the way we work

I had been managing my web and graphic design studio jobs just with excel - I had not found any software that did not seem too cumbersome and admin heavy. The checklist functionality and all possibilities then changed the way we work to this day.

PROS

The easy to use visible overview, the checklist and creating templates for the team to use over and over. Long before the template functionality was added we used it already and just gave it a label. The simplicity yet versatility makes it so adaptable.

CONS

The free version is getting more and more restricted in use. The biggest blow was the teams that suddenly went from unlimited to 10. We are a small company in a third world country, working and training a lot of apprentices, so the fee per person was simply far too much. There are a lot of boards I have archived that I cannot access anymore because the team size won't allow it. I may need to restructure it all, but for now It's just annoying.

Reasons for switching to Trello

I need to have more info per job collated, and allow my team to access the status of jobs remote. Switching to trello allowed me to end the rent for my office space!

Reviewed April 2021

Trello Boards good for planning - as good as MS Project

We have used Trello Boards for tracking an annual event for the past 5 years. Each year we can look at the previous year's boards and add and subtract from them to build a new set of boards. This is a good thing for the way we work.

PROS

Ease of use. The user interface is simple for most people to us. Even our most computer challenged people are able to use this product.

CONS

I think each person has unique patterns of working and not all our planners think the same way. Sometimes we set up a board that we think will track what we think is important when all the board creation does is create questions. That is not the fault of Trello. It is just that each person has different ways of using the app.

Reason for choosing Trello

Trello is free the way we are using it. To me, Trello is just that good. Thanks, Trello.

Reasons for switching to Trello

The MS Project program was outdated and we could not afford to buy the latest version. Plus, training other team members on how to use MS Project was lengthy and would involve too much time-investment.

Nolan

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2021

Trello Review

As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

PROS

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

CONS

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

Reasons for switching to Trello

Switched teams & was introduced to this software.

Jose Miguel

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

When simplicity can be your best ally

The simplicity of Trello is what keeps me as its faithful user, and every time I have to present this type of tool to my students, it is the only time I do not have to spend a large amount of time teaching how to use it. Despite having many more features since it began its journey with Atlassian, Trello maintains its main asset, which is simplicity, but don't be fooled, you only have to scratch the surface, and you will find that Trello allows you to organize your work efficiently and powerfully.

PROS

Trello is the task manager that I continue to use, despite using another application as a project manager. The reason is simple, Trello was born as a simple tool and remains so, despite having many more features since I first used it about 10 years ago. This ease of use means that it can be used by people of all levels and ages, facilitating teamwork, and having a free tier that has everything you need to enter the world of modern task managers. If you want more, no problem, you can increase your features for a low cost. I can switch from project manager for sure, but in my day to day, Trello is my preferred task manager.

CONS

Although its free tier gives a good idea of the type of product that the user has in front of him, it is strange that one of the functionalities that it restricts in that layer are views apart from the classic dashboard. The best way to show the versatility of Trello is by taking a look at the various ways it has to present tasks and workflow. I hope that as its features continue to grow, views will become part of the free core of Trello.

Reasons for switching to Trello

Its functions were limited, and it did not adapt well when needs escalated.

Reviewed August 2018

advantages of the trello

Trello is a project management tool that makes collaboration simple and, I would say, even fun. The reality is that it serves almost everything, whether you are organizing projects at work, household chores, trips or anything else. Individual cards can contain task lists, images, attachments, delivery dates, color labels and comments from other people who share the board with you. You can have as many boards as you want, use one for "Homework", for example, and another for "World domination plans". It is likely that you have already realized the potential. The Trello cards are like small post-its on a cork board but in digital format, so you can look at them, share them or add a reminder. You can even create cards via mail.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the way in which we can organize our meetings, pending issues, follow-ups, meetings and, above all, place the status that is basically required to make progress. The options and colors where each person responsible for activity is identified helps you to close the points faster. Trello works very well in my case because I tend to think very visually, so images and color labels work better with my brain than just a text. Although I am a big fan of Evernote to manage a multitude of information, lately I have found myself returning to individual lists written on paper. Trello is a breakthrough of that, it is one of those few applications that achieves a balance between a simple and elegant interface while including very powerful and flexible features. No compliments, however. Let me show you how I and other Trello users are using it as a productivity method.

CONS

What I do not like are the rows one side of the other, where we put the information, it seems very close to one another and for me personally I do not like the appearance, very neutral. The issue is that it is forcing a program to use it for something that it is not. You can also use the notebook to write a novel, but it is not the best tool for it. To organize trips there are tropocientas webs and apps that give a thousand kicks to trello, with suggestions of places, automatic geolocalization, organization by calendar, etc etc etc..To write novels the same, there are webs and applications focused on it, that you hierarchize the information much better, write down ideas, alternative plots, different paths of a story, etc ... come on, what a novel requires, with trello you will organize a micro story as much. Trello is focused on organizing projects in which many people have their roles, and show the states of those projects. Everything else, I seem to want to give it a use that is not yours.