What are Wix users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Wix software through verified user reviews

8,618 Reviews

4,724
2,770

• icon"The customer supports from Wix is really good and I noted Wix getting better progress with the time."
  • icon"We've easily integrated a google calendar into our page, which has been helpful for our neighbors. One of my other favorite features is the ability to uniquely edit the mobile version of the site."
  • icon"It's easy to use, easy to onboard, offers a ton of templates and features, great customer support, and amazing documentation."
  • icon"The main issue I have with Wix is the price when compared to other Web hosts out there. The contract also auto renews without warning, which is very frustrating."
  • icon"What I dislike most about Wix is that it seems to be missing a few features that other website building softwares offer."
  • icon"The main disappointment for me with this software is that it's limited as to customization."

Browse all Wix Reviews

• Have you used Wix and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 8,552 reviews

Jimmie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Wix is trix!

Great application

My overall experience with wix is one of learning, discovery, growth, and enjoyment.

Pros

I really like the flexibility that wix offers me as a designer. I'm able to design every single aspect of the my websites either from scratch or from a template. The interface is intuitive and is packed full of useful features. Being able to add widgets and my own html code makes my sites truly unique to me and allows me to embed flexibility and functionality into the designs.

Cons

Because of the complexity of the tool is can often use a lot of resources.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The ease of managing the website designs and the speed of building the website and publishing them.

Kristen

Industry: Industrial Automation

June 2022

Incredible Website Building Software!

I have overall had a very positive experience with Wix. It’s increased sales and efficiency for our small business and helped us increase our online presence and reach new customers.

Pros

This software makes it incredibly easy to build a website for your business! As a small business, we are very thankful to have tried Wix. It has a lot of features and a very user friendly interface and design. It’s modern, straightforward, has a well developed app, and has amazing customer service. I couldn’t be happier with this software! It has beyond exceeded my expectations and helped me create a beautiful website for our small business that has helped increase our online presence and sales.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints - it’s been amazing!

Reasons for choosing Wix

It looked a lot better - more features and better customer support!

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress was super glitchy - especially the app! I primarily use apps and rarely have time to sit down at a computer to access our site so a good functioning app is a must.

Zeki

Industry: Program Development

Una alternativa económica

Lo uso frecuentemente ya que soy redactor de contenido y tengo uno de mis sitios alojados en WIX. Es un sitio que me ha facilitado bastante las cosas por la buena explicación detallada que tiene aunque si que me gustaría poder tener control sobre todos los archivos que se cargan en mi sitio y de esa manera tener control sobre la experiencia del visitante.

Pros

El uso de WIX es sumamente sencillo, tiene constructor de sitios automático, te explica en detalle todos los pasos que debes de seguir para poder tener tu sitio correctamente funcionando y con todos los widgets que te permiten añadir funciones a tu página web. Posee un servicio de subdominios que te permite tener tu propio sitio web si no puedes pagar por un dominio propio.

Cons

Falta que implementen la posibilidad de quitar los scripts y archivos de estilo que vienen por defecto en el sitio, ya que aunque no sepas que están allí, hacen que la página tarde unos segundos más en cargar, y eso afecta a la experiencia de los usuarios que visitan la página.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Elegí WIX por su buena atención al cliente y la facilidad que tiene para cada movimiento que quieras hacer al momento de crear tu sitio web. Contar con esas características es fundamental para tener un buen desempeño y comodidad cuando comienzas en el área de desarrollo web o redacción de artículos.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Deje de utilizar wordpress por sus precios sumamente altos, y por el hecho de que wordpress te cobra hasta por el más mínimo movimiento que haces en el sitio.

Jakub

May 2022

Messy website builder which gets everyone confused

Since they run a full-scale campaing several years ago, we gave it a try and ended up with a site, which looked same as many other sites. That is what this tool is for. Nothing else. If you want something more special or custom - look somewhere else. The biggest pain are fonts and responsive layouts which are so common that you can basically tell that your site is running Wix just by looking at it. Maybe this is enough for some customers.

Pros

The simplicity of launching a site is stunning. It is very straightforward and simple. It lets you edit everything the template allows you to. You can customize your site to your liking using just a mouse and images/videos but that is it.

Cons

The interface (UI) seems to be inconsistent and makes it confusing to do things even for experienced users (webdesigners) and of course the limitations of the templates itself. Sometimes the output is just wrong and lets not start talking about semantic code or SEO which might get very messy at times.

Just to test drive ti.

Reasons for switching to Wix

We wanted to try how it felt and if the stuff promissed in he campaigns were right.

Kalina

June 2022

Wix, Your Potential Business Site Builder or No?

Overall my experience with wix has been great. By using wix I'm eliminating business problems by being able to create professional template alternatives, providing an easy and understanding website creator, and showing products I am selling easily for customers to view and purchase if they need to. Benefits I realize I have by using Wix is that I am able to provide excellent customer service to my clients and this helps me gain a more clientele and great reviews/ratings from customers.

Pros

Overall I really like using wix as a website builder. I believe the most impactful features wix provides is having many customized options like using artistic illustrations and templates to add to your site, you're able to have a professional logo of your own, customer support is easy to connect with, and you're able to discover new techniques that show you different ways of providing services to customers. Integrations were fairly easy for me to do with existing business processes I use like Goodle Drive, PayPal and Zapier.

Cons

I didn't really find any features that weren't useful for any business to use when creating his website. The only issue I did have a few times was sometimes Wix lags with internet connection and can a little time to load. But this issue has only occured twice for me. As mentioned before no difficulties happened for me when integrating with existing business processes I currently use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I was advised buy a old colleague about how much wix has helped them showcase there creative website to customers so I decided to give it a try and I was glad I did.

Brandon

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

February 2022

Wix a different platform that allos you to do more advancd customization

My overall experience is positive, I found support helpful when I've needed it, they have really good promo plans and that platform works well overall.

Pros

I like that I don't have to just use templates and can make almost any type of design I want if I know how to either code or I can do a more experienced drag and drop with the advanced editor.

Cons

My biggest flaw with Wix is that there is a lot of programs that can not implement with Wix because of no supp[ort on wixes end. This makes it a lot harder to implement systems that I like using and would prefer to use when searching for platforms such as rental systems, eCommerce, live chats.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Mainly because at the time I could get more customization out of Wix than I could with square space. Square space works really well with using their prebuilt templates and there is a lot of really good ones. I like to be able to make something really customized so I chose wix

Reasons for switching to Wix

Godaddy platform was very slow in handling my site, and using WordPress I found there were to many issues with incompatibility or issues where I changed something and it made the site a lot slower without realizing it.

Tatiana

Industry: Graphic Design

May 2022

Wix, a great software for newbies in creating webpages.

Overall its a great software for creating in a easy way web pages to present most businesses. Beautiful templates that can be personalized to fit a brand.

Pros

What i like the most is that its an easy and intuitive software that even a newbie can use and create a great web page.

Cons

what i least like is that sometimes the feature of real time editing doesnt work as well for what its needed.

Reasons for choosing Wix

it wasnt very expensive, its price was relative to what it offered. A great selection of templates that can be personalized.

Reasons for switching to Wix

neither meet my expectstions and were difficult to manage and design with.

Xochil

May 2022

Great for anyone starting off, or just needing to create a website.

It was good, it helped me launch my first site, and when i outgrew it i was sad to leave my little wix site :(

Pros

This was easy to set up, it was cost friendly. Good for anyone just getting started. You will have limits on items you can sell.

Cons

Limits on what you can sell, the scheduling part was a big con for me, it would not work properly and was very important for scheduling appointments. So i had to switch to another webhost.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix was more user friendly and cheaper at the time.

Tiffany

Good choice.

I really like the WIX format. It was easy to use and there were good/sufficient template choices. Overall, it came down to Square product integration for me. I think free trials are the way to go to find what works well and has the right options and integrations needed for your business.

Pros

I found WIX fairly easy to use, as far as set up, value, etc, overall, but ended up ultimately choosing another product.

Cons

I really liked the WIX format. It came down to template choices for me and Square product integration.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Shopify, Wix, Godaddy, Weebly Squarespace, Square Online, WooCommerce.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Needed a larger, updated, well integrated ecommerce platform.

César José

May 2022

The perfect tool for small websites.

Pros

Wix is the right tool for people who start in the world of the internet, since it allows any small business or startup to start showing itself in the digital world. It has everything you need to build a basic, customizable and pleasing at first glance website. In addition, thanks to its various subscription models, it allows the business a good flexibility in the economic issue.

Cons

Perhaps the biggest defect of Wix is that in the long term it is not usually the best option, because every growing business begins to look for more personalized and more scalable options, a feature that in Wix is limited to a certain extent. Another drawback is the fact that one cannot properly manage their website on low-speed connections, which is why Wix is out of the question in rural areas.

Reasons for choosing Wix

At that time I was looking to create something simple and fast, and Wix offered me exactly that.

Jon

May 2022

WIX - allowing you to have a professional video presence online

Keeps the video looking professional while getting valuable analytics. I like how you can control the viewers experience with the settings outside of the video itself. For example: if you don't want them skipping ahead, you can remove that option.

Pros

Very easy to use. Different settings are layed out logically and easy to find. Easy learning curve. Integration is easy with many options.

Cons

I wish I could just buy it instead of subscribe.

Reasons for switching to Wix

To be able to control the ending of the video and have my own sales message and call to action vs Youtube suggesting the person watch another video.

Irfanudeen

May 2022

Fix all your website and blog management issue with WIX

I really impressed with the service offered by Wix. It is really a delightful experience to travel with Wix for my content management.

Pros

WIX offers the best in class website creation, hosting, website management at affordable cost. It is highly user-friendly, you don't have to be a expert in web designing to create a website for your idea or business, Wix take care of all those at low service cost. The templates are captivating and they have various theme for our idea. The hosting service is also too good.

Cons

Everything in Wix amazed me, I found no big issues or any dislikes about Wix so far. The service is also too good. But we have to pay ectra to get our desired domain, because it might under ownersship of others.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I felt GoDaddy is costlier compared to Wix, and Wix offer many free services like website creation, content management which godaddy not doing.

Eden

Good starter website builder

I have used Wix for a number of start-up websites, and have enjoyed the ease and speed of deployment as well as the degree of customization possible, especially for creative media websites.

Pros

Ease of deployment, customization and low cost were the biggest draws of Wix

Cons

The templates were often clunky or not as sleek or professional. If you have the know-how, a lot of customization was possible, but it was often glitchy

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix was less costly and offered a greater degree of customization

Veronika

July 2022

Everybody can become website designer/builder with WIX

In addition to offering fantastic products and services, Wix is also available to assist with technical problems or questions about setting up an online store, for example. Wix features an integrated live chat feature where you can quickly receive answers to your queries. Every time I've needed to use the live chat feature, a helpful customer support representative has welcomed me and done all in their ability to answer my question or resolve my problem. When a problem couldn't be resolved right away, it was escalated to another department, and I almost always got an email from that department the next day or so. The email was often sent to let me know that the problem had been resolved. WIX is great! I love it. They are hands down one of the best website companies with the best customer service team out there.

Pros

Wix has excellent customer service, and I've noticed that it keeps improving over time. My page now has a simple Google calendar integration that is useful to our neighbors. The capability to specifically alter the website's mobile version is one of my other favorite features. It has a ton of templates and capabilities, is simple to use and onboard, and has outstanding documentation.

Cons

I couldn't really think of any things he used to build his website that wouldn't be beneficial to any firm. The only problem I occasionally encountered was that Wix occasionally has internet connection slowness and takes a little while to load. However, I've only seen this problem twice. As I previously indicated, I had no problems integrating with the business procedures I was already using.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I saw the add on youtube, so I gave it a try because it seemed easier and more flexible.

June 2022

A good all round web solution

I moved to Wix from another provider because it offered an all in one ecommerce solution at a reasonable price. It was easy to set up using the web templates which I then bespoked into the site I wanted. Wix offer different levels of packages and you can start your site at a low level and move up as your needs grown. They also offer regular deals to move to an annual package which is great once you are established

Pros

The standard package gives you a great start to build a website and you can add on features that you want as your needs change. Integrates a CRM and email system into the package if needed. Face to face and online events are easy to set up. I use a separate domain provider and setting the DNS up was easy with the instructions provided by Wix SEO is easy to set up for the site and can be amended page by page if you need to They are quick with customer service and listen to users needs - when I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Cons

It's easy to add on lots of extras and start to build up more expense before you need them. Best advice is to grown slowly and add on what you need when you need it. When I started you couldn't schedule blogs but this was changed within a few months.

Good all round solution

Jana

May 2022

Simple or complex, it's always beautiful!

Wix has been a very positive experience. I also work with a rep who has been amazing. I can't see ever switching to another platform.

Pros

As a former Creative Director, having a website that reflected the exact personality of my business was paramount. Wix has the tools, customization and power to create *exactly* what I wanted. As my business has grown, I have come to appreciate even more capabilities in e-commerce, reports, automated tasks and CRM. I like the Wix platform so much that I volunteered to create another site for a state-wide animal lost and found service. The new site had completely different features than my business site: user generated posts, links to outside programs, API incorporation from a third party. In other words, lots of techy stuff in addition to the pretty stuff. It was making this site that I truly appreciated the added capability of WIX's coding ability. I'm not an expert (far from it), but we were still able to make some fancy stuff work like a charm!

Cons

The more I work with Wix, the more I want it to do. Sometimes the features are already added, sometimes not. The nice thing about finding a feature you want that isn't available yet is that you can up-vote it. When the feature is added, Wix let's you know. (Happy dance time!)

Reasons for switching to Wix

Volusion: A horrible user experience! The site was ugly, old-fashioned looking and cumbersome. At the time they didn't have mobile capes either. WordPress: An old site was built with WP. We migrated it to Wix and were thrilled with the added capabilities and visual improvement.

Christopher

Industry: Tobacco

The Wix Review

As I said. Being a regular entrepreneur who just wants to sell their products online. I had two options. One could hire a developer and give him enough money to build a website, or the other could learn coding to create his own website, but this is a problem. Is it takes time to learn Coding Here, WIX helped me develop a website without coding. I was able to add my product, price it on time, and track the total number of orders I received. You can change the theme of your website if you want, so in a nutshell, using this platform has saved you a lot of money.

Pros

It helped me when I switched to WIX, I didn't have to do anything special to perfect my website. All the tools for creating a website are already included in the platform. It was a drag-and-drop game for me. At the time, I was learning how to code (HTML, CSS, and Javascript), so their Wix helped me build the entire website. I was able to create and modify content, headers, text, colors, photos, sizes, and more. Another element I like the most is that hosting and domains are only from Wix and are automatically connected, so you don't have to buy anything from different platforms.

Cons

I agree that this site has so many tools that it helps beginners to create very graphic or dynamic entire websites, but the site loads very slowly, and the audience bounce rate or traffic. It also has the disadvantage of being expensive. If you have an e-commerce related website as I built with Wix. Due to the bounce rate, it was producing very low leads. My traffic couldn't load my website completely, so after a while, they leave my website and jump to another website. This was a big issue for me, so I left Wix and chose WordPress. This site also has its drawbacks, which is pricing. If you need hosting or other services, the price of this platform will be a little higher than the market. As I said, after a while, I jumped to a very cheap WordPress platform. All you have to do is learn how to install WordPress on your hosting and you're ready to go.

Reasons for choosing Wix

For the start into online business or for the creation of simple websites it is exactly the right thing and that's why I chose wix.com.

Justin

Wix is the Easiest Website Builder on the the Internet

Wix was able to solve my hosting and website design issues in a user friendly website builder that solved some of my biggest hurdles on the internet. It allowed me to focus on other things that I was not able to tend to and freed up a lot of my time.

Pros

I am not really a web designer. I have spent thousands of dollars attempting to build "the perfect website." However, I was never really happy with any of my websites and continued to search on the internet for other options. After seeing numerous commercials on TV and also raving reviews from my friends, who are also not web designers, I decided to give Wix a chance. It really changed the game for me. I was able to build my website in one day and fine tune it over time. I also love the fact that it includes free hosting. That was really something that popped out at me.

Cons

I would like to see more 3rd party integrations. I also would like to see more tutorials on how to use the deeper functions and connect all the dots. I feel like the pricing is kind of steep but I understand that it is costly to build a website. However, since the hosting was included, I felt like it was a worth while investment to do the yearly plan.

Reasons for choosing Wix

BigCommerce REALLLLLLY sucks. There was no easy way to navigate it and the 3rd party integrations totally sucked. Shopify took too much commission on sales and that deterred me away from using it.

Reasons for switching to Wix

It was waaaay too complicated and I needed something super simple and easy to work with. I was tired of having to learn complicated features and it was too technical.

Yulia

March 2022

All-in-one website builder for small businesses

I've been using Wix to build websites for small businesses for about two years. So far so good, you can design beautiful and selling pages with it.

Pros

Wix is a highly functional drag-and-drop website builder that covers most small business needs for digital presence. It has a lot of templates to start building your website with, but they are also very customizable. Wix seems to be the best for building sites on which you can sell services and appointments. It's also great for selling physical products and creating event pages. It also has in-built email marketing tools, which helps to save budget.

Cons

Unlike WordPress, Wix is not great for building large dynamic websites or e-stores. Even though there are many plugins, you're still very limited in what you can do with Wix. The builder gets heavy and takes a lot of time to load and make changes. Besides, you cannot have many people working on the site simultaneously.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix is easier to learn, especially if you have a limited budget for the website/marketing.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Squarespace was too limited for design and didn't have many tools that Wix has.

March 2022

Review of Wix.com: Is This Website Builder Good Enough For Your Business?

I have had a generally positive experience with Wix. The website builder is easy to use and lets you create a professional-looking website without having to learn coding or design. There are a wide range of templates to choose from, and you can customize them to fit your brand. Wix also has a good selection of features, including a built-in blog, e-commerce capabilities, and social media integration. Customer support is available via phone, email, or live chat. Overall, Wix is a good option for small businesses who want to create a website without hiring a developer.

Pros

There are many website builders on the market, but Wix is one of the most popular. It has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for anyone to create a website. Plus, there are many templates to choose from, and you can also create a custom design. Wix also offers a wide range of features, including SEO tools, eCommerce capabilities, and social media integrations. And if you need help creating or updating your website, Wix has a support team that is available 24/7.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't change the font style or size.

Reasons for choosing Wix

When considering Wix as a web development platform, we also looked at Squarespace and Weebly. All three platforms are drag-and-drop builders that make it easy to create a website without any coding required. However, Wix is the only platform that offers an app market, which gives you access to a library of apps and integrations that can help you take your website to the next level. Additionally, Wix offers a wide range of templates and designs that are constantly updated, whereas Squarespace and Weebly have fewer templates and tend to be a bit behind on the latest design trends

Thomas

March 2022

Wix: A great option for building your online website.

My overall experience with Wix has been a positive one. I have been able to put together a web page that truly embodies the spirit of my business and also manage all the details of my work in a streamlined manner that I haven't found anywhere else.

Pros

Wix offers a large variety of styles, services, and integrations in a way that is simple and more effective than its competitors. I love that I can manipulate my web page however I want and key features like bookings, event management, and detailed layouts help your work stand out from the rest and you don't need to be an expert in coding to do it. This software is very intuitive and user friendly in a space that can be very overwhelming.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is the lack of flexibility when it comes to website resizing. With webpages being viewed on a variety of screen sizes, it would be amazing to be able to manage page and text breakpoints within Wix without having to switch to EditorX. Which is another editor a part of Wix but more expensive.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wix offered competitive pricing for the features it delivers that alternative products lacked.

More customizable features.

Alfredo

March 2022

Great easy to use platform but be wary of its "Low Cost", most additional basic features will cost

If you're coming from another platform such as wordpress or creating your first website for your business or personal use, this is a god send. Just be careful to understand all the right features for you, what you need, so you don't end up with a plan that is 5x what you would've planned initially. It gets out of control really fast. Other than that, it's a pretty reliable platform for novice users and want a site that looks more professional.

Pros

I found the whole wix platform and ecosystem easy to use, tightly integrated and with a simple user experience. Setting up a website, modifying it and publishing is quite straightforward. There are a vast number of templates, and the editing features are very easy to use for non coders or non graphic designer. You can move around elements and change sizes with ease.

Cons

Pretty much any additional and sometimes necessary feature needs an upgrade, so it can become easily a "not so cheap" option. It's really a trade off but not the one you enjoy doing. The customer support is lacking to non existant, so if you never run into any questions or problems, you're going to be fine. But the moment you have a problem that needs an answer, it's not an enjoyable experience. They do have a quite robust FAQ and help guide, but in my experience it doesn't cover a lot of ground on average issues that may arise.

Price

Reasons for switching to Wix

Updating anything on wordpress is a design nightmare, changing templates is impossible since it'll misconfigure anything, and then you have the extra cost of having to pay for a server. I just don't think wordpress is a friendly solution for noncoders and nondesigners, it's not for your average joe

Naadir

February 2022

Wix, the important first step toward building your own brand...

Wix is an exceptional entry into the world of web design. it is expressive enough to allow users a personalized experience and not overwhelming for those just finding their feet in this aspect. however as your knowledge and understanding grows, Wix can prove limiting.

Pros

When i began using Wix i absolutely LOVED the ease at which i made the website look and feel like my own. Customization is very unique and great fun when starting out. Wix is excellent at opening the doorway into a very intimidating aspect of business. It is basic enough for beginners to get a good understanding on web design/blogging and so on. Wix does not feel generic like many of its competitors. Wix has an exceptionally simple approach with enough bolstering and individualization to satisfy anyone, from a first time user to a seasoned professional.

Cons

Wix is something you and your site can easily outgrow if you're always looking to be innovative. A massive problem for me is the difficulty in viewing images in a gallery. Each image opens a new page instead of click-slide images like other websites. Wix also struggles to integrate apps that are similarly aligned to business. For instance I struggled greatly with applying an ewallet and third party applications. Wix is chunky and slow at times. Particularly when customers get lost in an item gallery and cant get out unless they back-click multiple times or go back to the homepage. Wix does seize up from time to time.

Reasons for choosing Wix

wix looked easy to use and I don't have enough time to dedicate hours on end to get my site up. wix offered me a quick and practical solution.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched to wix when I was looking to create a more personal feel for my site. I wanted more customization and more options. Wix had everything I was looking for.

Susan

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

Pros

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

Cons

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Network Solutions - outdated templates. Difficult to customize and build pages. Cranky software. SquareSpace was too much like WordPress site--limiting from the creative standpoint.

Showing 1 - 25 of 8,552 reviews