All Wix Reviews

Ko-Ko

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

PROS

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

CONS

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

Reason for choosing Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.

Jorge

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Wix is my 3rd favourite website builder!

PROS

I like the fact I can drag, drop items, like in most website builders. Website stats are probably the best in the market. The tools to help the site complying with data regulations are great and being able to show/edit the "cookie consent banner" or displaying a "do not sell data" option is definitely a plus.

CONS

what I like the least about wix the fact that it is less intuitive than webnode. from a beginner standpoint, one can easily turn a webnode theme into a nice website, it's not that simple with wix.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix was cheaper at the time I made the decision

Clarke

Farming, 51-200 employees

Website Builder with Appointment Scheduling Tools

My overall experience is remarkable - it is the most important tool that help me save time when managing events.

PROS

Wix gives me the ability to create and design websites like a pro without coding via WYSIWYG editor tools.

CONS

Domain registration is quite pricey compared to alternatives.

Sergio

Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Wix Page Builder Review

I use it for creat dropshipping stores and land pages, and some times is hard to make some customization for clients because of the lack of options of plugins and possibilities of creations using the template.

PROS

I like the beautiful templates and the drag and drop functions. Its also very intuitive tool for the users. The problem is when we need some kind of customization... Then starts the problems with this tool.

CONS

For create landing pages and stores is not so good because of the lack of plugins and some difficulties for customize the choseed template.

Reason for choosing Wix

The client first bought this product before knows very well how its works and what he needs..

Reasons for switching to Wix

More options of customizations.

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Wix Enterprise is Best Bang for Buck

I've been using Wix for the past 10 years. I've used it to create sites for clients as well as in my full time job. I love the flexibility it gives the client to make changes after my project is complete.

PROS

I love the ease of creating a new site. All the options are fabulous and I learn new features almost daily.

CONS

I don't have any complaints. The product is absolutely wonderful to work with. I am a graphic designer so the wysiwyg is perfect....and I don't need to know html coding.

Reason for choosing Wix

First off, Wordpress sucks. GoDaddy doesn't have the easy features found with WIX.

Reasons for switching to Wix

The platform is too finicky. I had to figure out an easy solution for all my clients.

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Great for simple sites, stay away for advanced sites

Generally frustrated. When Wix works, it's great but be sure to give yourself 2 or 3 times more time than expected to fix your layout. If you have a simple layout and do not need to display data in tables, Wix may be a good choice for you.

PROS

In general, the templates and layouts are super simple to use. Its easy to add images and text and customize layouts.

CONS

Where do I start? The layouts are good but basic. As soon as the layout gets customized beyond the basics, it becomes nearly impossible to control section layout from resizing and breaking the section mobile layout. Aligned items become maligned. Fonts randomly resort back to default. If you want to constantly redo your layout, Wix is for you. Also, the system often operates at a snails pace making development nearly impossible. The documentation is plentiful but often useless. Probably the most perplexing choice by Wix was to upgrade the platform and remove recurring tables. The previous version of tables was simple, but removing tables completely is forcing me to look for a new platform. They will lie to you and tell you that repeaters work just like tables, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Reason for choosing Wix

I needed a built-in light database type functionality which I cannot seem to find in other products.

Information Services, 1 employee

Love Wix editor and sites

I like using wix to do all my online services through , e comerce to web page , so easy to use , looks amazing , functions perfect , i tried others before i found wix, and ive been here since 2013 , and plan on staying at wix , they are really good .

PROS

Wix is very easy to use building your own site , and saving money doing your own, very good layout and and ease of function , customer service has been 100% over the years .

CONS

there really isnt anything i didnt or dont like about wix, ive used wix since 2013 and have had several different sites i built , and never had a issue

Reason for choosing Wix

wix so much more to offer and so much more user friendly and customer service on the ball 100%

jon

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

wix review

PROS

easy to use and the customer support is excellent

CONS

it is to expensive when you want to subscribe

Bob

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Support!

PROS

Great Support and the design features as well as the apps.

CONS

Nothing comes to mind regarding "what do I like least" about Wix, but I'm required to put words into this box. So there.

Digna

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Easy website builder

PROS

I love the ready made templates which help to build a website easily. The templates give a modern and sleek look. Once you have the template in place it's fairy easy to edit and adapt the website. The apps on Wix are also great, for example, having chat support for visitors and for displaying blogs.

CONS

There can sometimes be glitches in the templates where they don't line up properly. Poor website speed - I've spent a large amount of time trying to adapt my website to help increase its speed and performance but I'm not sure if it's due to the template I have used but it's quite slow at loading. This is the main con for me as the whole point of a having a website is to help your online presence and drive traffic to your website so having a website which is slow to load is not great.

Jared

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

My great experience with Wix

Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

PROS

Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

CONS

The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Shopify due to the fact that I was rushed to buy into their plan. I was more comfortable in working on a platform (Wix) that won't try and push me to dish out money before I am familiar with the software.

matt

Motion Pictures and Film, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

PROS

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

CONS

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

Reason for choosing Wix

I chose Wix over Squarespace because I've tested Squarespace and found it limited in its design capability.

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Wordpress because I was having trouble with my site loading too slowly. My site had a lot of load-heavy features like video backgrounds. I saw a couple sites with the features I like that loaded quickly and once I learned those sites were Wix, I made the switch.

Eli

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

PROS

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

CONS

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Reason for choosing Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Wix has been extremely positive. My sites are put up and edited quickly, and can be completely overhauled and changed at any time. The drop and drag features make it a snap for novice users.

PROS

I have three sites up and they are simple to build and edit. The software is terrific for small businesses that don't have an "IT" person on staff and need to get things updated quickly. There are plenty of options in terms of templates, fonts, buttons, graphics, and more.

CONS

The only negative thing is having to purchase multiple custom emails. It's a bit pricey for small businesses. It would be nice if you received three emails as the standard purchase.

Reason for choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of the ease of use and the sites look more professional.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Price and quality- Wix was better in both areas.

Jonathan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Simple, Easy, fantastic price

Wix couldn't be simpler and easier to use. It is so affordable, so simple, and yet incredibly powerful. I had no idea how easy it was going to be when I was getting started, but now I'm a huge fan, and probably will be for life.

PROS

The ease of use. It was so simple to set up and build a website, I had one online in a matter of 2 hours. On top of that, it was so affordable, that I had paid for 3 years of hosting, that cost me less than it would cost to have someone build a site, let alone host for 3 years. In other words, it's saved me thousands of dollars.

CONS

Truthfully, I don't have any major complaints yet, because it's doing everything I've needed it to do. Perhaps I could say, it seems so feature rich that I could never fully tap into all of its powerful capabilities. The other downside might be down the road, if ever I needed to export my website to a different host, that might cause a few hiccups, but I'm locked in for another couple of years, so it's not a worry presently.

Reason for choosing Wix

Ease of use, cost and a glowing testimonial from a fellow entrepreneur.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Because I wanted something faster, easier and less expensive.

Charmaine

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Newbie Website

I like that it's an average fee, that I can use templates that are provided, it helps me solidify my ideas, instead of creating a template myself. I like that it's highly customizable, I can do whatever I want, and anytime, I can edit it on many devices. It's user-friendly to newbies like me, it's very easy to set up, and has so many templates to choose from, although I wish there could be more. for the price that I'm paying for, I'm happy with my website, it gives me so much freedom on my website. Most importantly, it's shareable with any social media platform that I'm using.

PROS

I like that it gives me a lot of freedom to edit my website. I can easily upload photos, clips, add boxes, connect links and there are a lot of templates, I was just wishing that there could be more templates on specific niches. It is very user-friendly, and even me, when I use it the first time as a student way back in college, I never know that it's that easy to make a website that I can even brand myself in there. Now, that I'm using it professionally it saves me so much time as templates are provided and it's easy to edit everything. It gives me ideas on what to do and how to do it, it's great and eases my mind that I don't have to waste so much time adding new products on my site.

CONS

It lets me edit phone and PC websites but I just hope instead of me doing both the work editing two of them, It's going to be much easier if I finished the PC website and if a customer uses their phone it can be just automatically done and adjust itself on the screen. I like perfecting my website but I know a lot of people are using phones more when shopping online or even browsing, so I still need to make the phone site beautifully. So it's just a double job because i want them to look a like but screensize is different.

Reason for choosing Wix

I think my college experience gives me a lot of ideas on choosing Wix. It was just easy to use and I really don't have to be a website designer or developer to have my own website that gives me freedom as much as Wix is giving me right now.

Susan

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

WIX Empowers Graphic Designers to Create Great Looking Websites

WIX makes building a quality website with multiple marketing tools affordable. For under $300 a year you can get a full-on website, CRM dashboard (like ZOLO), marketing tools (like Mail Chimp), calendar app, scheduling, online stores. I literally have built a 6-page website in a day. WIX has great customer support and will walk me through steps if I need any help.

PROS

As a BFA graphic designer and marketing consultant, until WIX came on the scene I had to rely on computer Word Press tech people to build my client's websites. I never was happy with the restrictive specs and boring look and feel. WIX modern templates can easily be customized. The drag and drop text blocks, strips, gallery templates, videos, forms, and more can be added and manipulated quickly. WIX has a lot of apps to add on - as well as SEO - get found on Google wizard tools. I no longer have to pay a 3rd party for the part of the website build. Adjusting the mobile version is also an intuitive process. Win-win website software. PLUS, it includes CRM tools, email / content push templates, analytics, and more.

CONS

One feature I miss is being able to do text wraps around images. They explained to me - that if they included the feature it messes with the auto-conversion into the mobile version. Which makes sense. Also it would be great if I had a media library I could use across all of my websites. Each site has its own media library. I understand Square Space has this feature, but it does not have all the other features WIX has I want.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Network Solutions - outdated templates. Difficult to customize and build pages. Cranky software. SquareSpace was too much like WordPress site--limiting from the creative standpoint.

Jonathan