All WorkflowMax Reviews

Mitch

Reviewed August 2014

WorkflowMax has changed the way we work

I’m a Partner at Greengage - a London based sustainability and environmental consultancy providing advice to a range of different clients on how they can integrate sustainability into their core operations as well as making their developments more environmentally responsible. We used to employ a cumbersome system of spreadsheets for time & project management that would often involve duplicate information. It was not a system we could use to generate meaningful information about how much cost had gone into a job, or how much time or budget we had left and how we we were tracking a fee. When we switched to WorkflowMax, I was surprised how easy it was to get started. All our staff found it very simple, intuitive. The online video tutorials and the support team helped us immensely by answering all of our queries. WorkflowMax provides us the opportunity to run our own reports with a very powerful custom report builder in a very easy and intuitive way. As a consultancy, its having that information in hand to be able to go back to clients where we are with individual projects. The way WorkflowMax enables us to tailor the information has saved us 70-80% of the time we used to spend on that system. In terms of return on investment, WorkflwoMax is a no-brainer. We can recoup the invest on a monthly basis by just having one more hour of consistency. As a business owner, WorkflowMax makes my life easy by having all the information in one place - so we can see where we are at in terms of projects, we can see who is working on it, we can see where we are with invoicing, we can see how much money in the budget is left over and much more. There is less admin involved in the business now. WorkflowMax has given us an unfair advantage to stay ahead of our competitors. Highly recommended for forward-thinking service businesses.

Toni

Consumer Goods

Reviewed July 2014

WorkflowMax is working for us

"WorkflowMax has been like someone turning the light on for our business. We knew our old software wasn’t giving us the information we needed to know whether we had been profitable on each job. Manual costings were so labour intensive we didn't tend to do them very often. Now at the touch of a button WorkflowMax gives us a profitability report on each job which is amazing. We share this information with our staff, who really take ownership of the job to ensure good profitability. This and other reports in Xero help give us the information we need to make decisions within our business. Forgive me if I am starting to sound a little bit evangelical, but the change to WorkflowMax really has had a dramatic impact on our business, and put us back in the driver’s seat, linking through to Xero and giving us all the information we need. Guided patiently by the team at Equation we undertook a seamless transfer over to WorkflowMax and Xero. Bonnie was able to understand our business and how we needed Work Flow Max to work for us. She ensured we set up and customized WorkflowMax correctly to meet these needs. Not only is Peter May Ltd is a canvas fabrication but a marquee and event hire business. Bonnie has set WFM to cater to both sides of our business."

PROS

Good management of jobs, and costs.

Yara

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Archaic and limited

As the title suggests, it's an archaic program. There was no real "flow" to anything you did within Workflow Max and although it integrated ok with Xero, even that was limited. The Gantt charts were terrible, you had to click on numerous things to get to where you wanted to go within a project, the custom reporting was a nightmare and the tasks and milestones were difficult to set up and super limited.

PROS

It was cheap and integrated ok with Xero

CONS

Not very user friendly, not very customizable, customer service was slow,

Leaine

Accounting

Reviewed July 2014

Timesavings for billing and quoting

At Jones Business Solutions we used WFM to move off MYOB Time Billing - conservative estimate that saved around 10-12 hours each month with invoicing. Even better now to have the Tax Practice - previously used an excel template for financials - the combination with WFM, Xero and Spotlight Workpapers is sensational for a small Tax Agency like us. WFM Support is prompt and helpful and we love WFM so much we now regularly implement and support other businesses wanting to get the max out of job costing and reporting. Have tested other similar systems and yet to see something that stands out for a comparable price. We have used since 2011; we operate in a virtual office and users are both employees and contractors.

PROS

Timesavings for billing and quoting Seamless integration with Xero Tax practice version - auto synch with IRD Good functionality with reporting Brilliant for our virtual office

CONS

Work arounds needed for retentions - but to be fair not really designed for construction industry - but it can work Not too much else that is a problem - especially for the price

Karen May

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

WorkflowMax is the best at tracking time and project costs

I was looking for a project management software that I can offer as a business solution to my small business clients and WorkflowMax is the clear winner. It has excellent functionalities at an affordable price and integrates with Xero very well. It is user friendly and their contact supports are also very helpful.

PROS

- Easy to use - Affordable cost of entry - Links well with Xero - Real-time tracking of progress and budgets - Owned by Xero

CONS

- Customizable reports are still limited and basic - Lacks multi-line quotes itemization

Reason for choosing WorkflowMax

Integration with Xero

Kara

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Can't Trust the Document Management

Interface is ok, but takes several months to setup and get used to. Also managing tasks for employees for small business is based on larger, long-term projects rather than short design projects. I wouldn't recommend it for small design agencies.

PROS

Integration with Xero is really the biggest benefit... also their estimate-to-invoice system is pretty good.

CONS

You can't trust their document management system to appropriately save emails to the correct folders. It duplicates, stalls and, after a month of waiting for customer support, ended up loosing several months of emails, attachments, images and documents that were supposed to be saved to job folders. Very frustrating. When we asked customer service, they didn't know why and didn't offer a solution.

Richa

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Reasonable tool for a small - medium business

It was OK for until we grew over 50 staff, beyond that, it is hard to manage projects, staff and financials

PROS

Ease of use, simple reporting and easy ti manage time sheets

CONS

Limited features and tools available, reporting is not very effective and inclusive

Todd

Reviewed March 2015

Organized task specification and time tracking

Catamaran Marketing is utilizing WFM to boost overall efficiency and smoothen administrative tasks that can easily be mismanaged by any entrepreneur running their own business. Its organized structure and multitude of customization options has enabled us to track time on tasks more accurately than ever before. All tasks are fine tuned - avoiding things that fall through the cracks, which in turn, eliminates so many of the technical headaches that business owners waste time and energy problem-solving. Not only has scheduling vastly improved our customer service to clients in estimated turnaround, but its enabled us to process many jobs more quickly than ever! WFM has been the lubrication to help run Catamaran Marketing like a well-oiled machine and I now have more time and energy to devote to scaling up my business.

PROS

We love the job templates. Our business model is to do many things for a select group of businesses. Some are small and some are large. WFM helps us clearly define each type of job and create a template for that.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2015

Seamless Workflow for On The Road Coaching

As a consultant travelling to my clients I find Workflowmax invaluable. i can use it for leads to jobs to billing. It sends me reminders and I never forget to follow up. I can use it remotely and from my office. I get to track the jobs and status of leads. I can see what time and cost I soend on my clientrs and therefore what I shoudl be charging to make money. Its seamless integration with XERO really helps make themonitoring of my business performance, and therefore my own performance, a breeze. I wouldnt be without it!

PROS

Ease of use and access Reminders

Jeff

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2016

Great Product for Quoting / Job tracking / Timesheeting

My team have been using WFM for around 4 years now. It took quite a while to harness the full potential of the App, and really we needed 5+ people before it really took off. With 15+ people now using the app to manage weekly quotes, jobs, timesheets, and invoicing, it is a massive timesaver for our company.

PROS

Great timesheeting / job tracking and quote generation abilities

CONS

interface took 2+ years to be updated. The iOS app is still very basic and doesnt allow me to check or add quotes on the go.

Mackenzie

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Functionality & Reporting

Workflow max helps to solve the issue of effective invoicing of time worked on each client. Workflow max has also helped our firm when it comes to GST time - the way workflow max integrates with Xero makes filing GST returns with Inland Revenue very simple, and lets you easily keep track of GST returns and to make sure that all returns have been filed before the due date.

PROS

- Workflowmax has the ability to let the user create and design their own reports, which can come in very handy for workflow planning purposes. Saves staff all trying to navigate through a single spreadsheet! - This is an effective program to record staff hours, which also allocates your time entries to the jobs you are working on, which helps when it comes time to bill clients. - The tax alerts on the dashboard are a good way to double check tax returns after they have been assessed by IRD, which is a good reminder to check any returns that have been assessed as different as it raises a red flag and makes you look into it.

CONS

The custom reporting can be a bit hard to navigate around, especially for any newcomers to the system.

Phillip

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Good product, however timer has bugs

If the support team fixes the timer issue, this would be the project management tool to go with hands down.

PROS

I like how the product has a timer that you can time your tasks against with start and stop timer functionality and see how much time you have spent on your project and each task. I like that it has Xero integration as well.

CONS

I don't like that the timer has bugs where maybe one out of every ten times that you attempt to stop the timer after finishing timing a job, it completely forgets the time that was recorded against it and resets the time to a lower time for some unknown reason. I have contacted support about this issue countless times but have always been pushed away even after following requests to send through supporting testing data.

Nathan

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Pretty good overall, but just didn't work for my business

PROS

I liked the overall workflow of the software, including the quoting/pricing modules. They were pretty flawless and helped me make sense of a pricing system on the fly. Also, there is the intergration with Xero, which is the platform I use for accounting.

CONS

I wasn't a fan of how WorflowMax's calendar system worked. I also wanted a task system with Kanban style layout, and that just isn't in there..

Katrin

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Brilliant project management system

PROS

It's a great piece of project management software, easy to use, seamless workflow, very user friendly, great tutorial videos, works well with Xero!

CONS

Not much to add, it's pretty straightforward system and easy to use. Definitely would suggest taking time to watch the tutorials to get the best of it!

Phillip

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Easy to use project task timing online software

Easy to use time tracking for billable workdevelopment .

PROS

I love how easy it is to start timing a job/task for billable time tracking. The website is fast to load and use with a great UI.

CONS

There are a few bugs in the timing feature where you try to stop timing, however it loses your total time at times.

Dealdiane

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Good for time tracking

PROS

Integration with Xero is great. Timing your work is easy as well although finding your work item could be better

CONS

"Remember me" option when logging in would be a welcome addition. Saving drafts could be improved as sometimes you lose them

Joss

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Easiest way to keep track of multiple jobs

Great, easy to piece of software that makes my job a lot easier

PROS

All data in one place for each job, making it easy to break down information for clients Not complicated Can be used for so many parts of a job

CONS

Getting my head round some of the accountant figures that appear (My lack of knowledge, not the softwares issue)

Irene

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

At the end of each day, I go into WorkflowMax and put in my time and it's just so easy to use. Since we are an international company, it is easy for our HR in the UK to see our time and how it is spent.

PROS

The quick 1-2-3 of putting my time in and the job I did. At the end of the week, I just click one button and the whole week is recorded. So easy.

CONS

I don't see any cons at the present time. Everything seems to be pretty well covered. The only thing I think I would like to see changed is, after saving your time for the day, you, personally cannot go in and make a change. You have to have your HR change it.

Glennis

Reviewed June 2015

WorkflowMax is essential software for any business needing to manage time and costs

WorkflowMax is extremely affordable software and has very high-end reporting compared to similar priced products, while it can still be very easy to use for the basic user. It is cloud based, secure, you can easily view your work in progress and it works seamlessly with Xero. Use it for your leads, internal projects, client work (one off and repeat), invoicing, quoting and time sheets. WorkflowMax integrates nicely with payroll software too. If you are paying $150 a user for other software, you really do need to check it out. Being owned by Xero, there is also a lot of development being done to make the product even better. There will soon be an app available - in the meantime it has a mobile site which is fine for time and costs. WorkflowMax suits pretty much any business needing to manage chargeable and non-chargeable time and disbursements or materials. There are some excellent advanced features such as emailing your job with files etc, and custom reporting which you can do yourself - no need to pay WorkflowMax to create reports for you. It is currency agnostic so can be used in any country.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Poor Service

Average

PROS

Nothing Particularly excites me about this software

CONS

The support is terrible, reports are clunky at times and you need to pay extra to unlock half decent reports

Carl

Reviewed May 2016

Very cost effective job management product

We have implemented and support WorkflowMax for multiple clients across different industries both large and small. It is an extremely cost effective product for all of the features you get to manage jobs and have all staff entering time sheets and disbursements. We routinely set up custom templates for quotes, invoices etc for clients bringing on their own branding which works really well and is simple to use. The reporting is great with the ability to customise your own and add extra fields throughout the system, the reporting is however limited when compared to more advanced systems such as SQL based systems as WFM does not allow you to set up your own data containers or queries to get all of the information you sometimes need on a single report. All in all an extremely good, cost effective solution that integrates well with Xero and all of our clients are always happy with the solution.

Luke

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2015

Bitter Sweet

We've been using WFM for as long as I can remember and it's come a long way. It has many small features you would not think of till you need them, its fantastic in that way. But lacks in usability, project time management and planning.

PROS

Pricing flexibility by client or team member. Good Xero intergration.

CONS

No planning tools. Like a simple gantt chart to plan out a day or week for team members.

Loreto