• icon"I like the fact that it easy to connect to Facebook and Instagram. But the customization was wonderful as well to use."
  • icon"It also connects with Instagram which is awesome. The free plan has many benefits and overall just very pleased with the service."
  • icon"I love the fact that there is a video guide to help guide you through every single portion of setting up the site. It is easy to use and I love it so far."
  • icon"Their customer service was awful. I canceled with them because I found a better system and they refused a refund."
  • icon"It seems to be something that they do not actively work on, which seems crazy to me."
  • icon"If you encounter issue in payment stage during a booking, no entry point for customer to get back to their unpay booking within system, you must work it out offline."

All SimplyBook.me Reviews

Harlan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Free up your front desk!

Steven

October 2022

Amazing software at an amazing price, FREE!

I don't use their booking page but I do embed the calendar into my website so everything stays on my site. I personally like how some other calendars look but overall, I can't complain. I was able to customize it to my liking and it sends austomatic email reminders to myself and the people who booked the time. It was very straightforward and it has been used and tested a lot lately and I am very impressed.

Pros

Being able to customize the product to match my branding was the biggest challenge while I was trying different online booking softwares. SimplyBook.me was the only one that allowed color customization on the free plan. So, I figured the rest would not be good. Boy, was I wrong! This software has gone above and beyond what I expected for a free online booking calendar.

Cons

The only thing that I am not 100% satisfied with is the look. If I could change the layout of the calendar that would be amazing but for the price, I can't compain and everything works as it is supposed to or better than I expected which is wonderful!

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

The ability to make some many customization in order to match my brand colors and it was free. In my opinion, there is nothing out there better.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

I was paying monthly for something that I wasn't really utalizing and I wanted to find a cheaper option. I am still trying to grow my business, so I don't have too many online bookings yet, so I felt like I was just trowing away money each month. I liked the look and functionality of YouCanBook.me better however, I love the customization and price of SimplyBook.me and that is why I made the switch.

October 2022

The BEST booking system out there. Please keep updating & improving this epic/pioneering software.

App = incredibly good. iFrame embeds a bit sketchy looking! Wish there was a way for employees to simply update/add to their schedules directly within our website or an app (not simply a homepage shortcut to a website that poses as an app).

Pros

Incredible tool. So many features. Build epic booking systems.

Cons

It seems to be something that they do not actively work on, which seems crazy to me. Customer support ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]!) is dire. She sits on her little throne of customer support power/possession and then acts as a mindless, droning, and passive-aggressive gatekeeper for SimplyBook. It makes working with the company a chore, and I would seriously not want to pay money every month with her as our Account Manager. She makes the process of this (incredible!) application, seem hopeless, limited, and dire. You need your first point of contact to laude the company, and care about it deeply! To inspire its customers, and to show them how much of an incredible booking system can be built with SimplyBook.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Fantastic UI and endless potential with all of the addons. The perfect options for entrepreneurs and business owners looking to "build" a booking system for their business, that suits them and their specific business model. They are endless ways to build a business model that works using their system. PLEASE keep updating, and marketing your product. It is amazing, and far far better than Calendly/Setmore/Acuity and all the big boys, who have absolutely no potential, and incredibly limited coding for serious businesses and booking systems. SimplyBook has it all worked out when it comes to Team Members Scheduling (although this could be better with a simple frontend panel), Classes, Recurring Meetings, Timeslot booking simplicity, Coupons, etc.!

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook has so much more genuinely deep and powerful potential. Incredibly well-coded. User friendly for the service providers (as well as the customers). A truly epic and well-thought-out product, held back by shoddy customer service and a lack of passion at the front gate.

Donna

November 2022

Wish the app developers would listen to feedback.

I feel like Simply Book Me developers are severely uninterested in making their product greater and I would not recommend it until they begin to respond to my many years's requests for improvement.

Pros

I love the look of Simply Book Me. While it's annoying to have to pick and choose from Custom Features and in many cases forego functionality for looks, I like the look.

Cons

I have contacted SimplyBook.Me a million times in my many years as a user with feedback for improvement. Most of the improvement required has to do with the app. Also, when I set my account up a billion years ago, I set it up with 5 minute increments but as my business has changed, that has changed. I now need 15 minute increments for scheduling but the developers are either incapable of conceiving a different possibility else they are under trained or under funded. As a long time user, I feel they ought to listen to my needs and FIGURE IT OUT.

The look

Jill

November 2022

Great product that I have used for over a year

I tell people about simplybook.me a lot because it just works. It works for about 90% of the things I need it to do, so to have one package, for such a great price, that includes so much, is really invaluable to me and my business.

Pros

I like the adaptability. Even though it has a learning curve, once I understand how to do something, it does it well. It does most things that I need it to do. Clients can book easily, the reminders go out without me checking on them, the product is definitely well priced, and it just works. I think I have a semi-complicated set up, but was able to make it all work (with some help from their excellent live chat agents). The widget codes work on my website, payments integrate with it, it's all just one great package for my needs.

Cons

There are still some things that I would like it to do that it doesn't do. The example would be too long, but I have worked around it. It has to do with the ability to book kids/adults/how many at a time of each, for a certain time frame. I also don't like that once I make a change, it is retroactive...I would really like the ability to change something for the future, and have it set up to go on a certain date, without the changes going live right away.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Price mostly, but also because it does everything I need it to do FOR that price.

Stacy

A game-changer!

When COVID-19 hit, my legal services nonprofit had to figure out a way to pivot from walk-in, in-person weekly consultations with new potential clients, to a completely virtual model of service. When we eventually began using SimplyBook, multiple staff called it a "game-changer" - it took so much time and stress out of scheduling consultation appointments and accepting payments in advance! It is pretty user-friendly, and tech support has always been incredibly helpful when we've contacted them via live chat. We also love how customizable the system is. Overall we've had a great experience for the past 1.5 years!

Pros

I love how customizable SimplyBook is - it took me a long time to get everything set up the way we wanted it at the beginning, but that was just because of how many different features I was able to customize to our exacts specifications. We also like the payments feature so that we can require clients to prepay for their appointments.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create certain types of appointments that are only available to certain people (for example, people with a certain password); I have suggested this feature to SimplyBook in the past and hope they develop it soon! We want to be able to, for example, only allow clients who have been prescreened to register for certain events, but we don't see a way to do that in the current system and so end up using a different (much less user-friendly) software program for those events instead of SimplyBook. I also wish we could see which clients have used which coupon codes in a single report.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Integration with Authorize.net payment processor (preferred by our Finance department)

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Stacy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! Have you tried as a workaround to setup hidden categories, have your services appear there too and then you can prepare separate links for clients that you have already approved of. You can also contact our Live Chat if you want to know more about that. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Silvina

Going past the trial will invest.

I am excited to be able to make booking easier for my clients and on social media.

Pros

The ease of implementation to outside apps. The facebook and website integration ease is well done.

Cons

Editing the booking landing page. Fortunately, I have web builder knowledge and that is helping but your system is not user friendly nor provide helpful items such as best size of banner image for templates.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Help with a booking is of more efficient use of my time use at this stage of my business needs. I can manage my social but the booking portion was becoming more time-consuming. Plus SimplyBook.me was easier to learn and so I'd rather manage this portion and hire someone for hootsuite when I need it.

Katie

October 2022

Helpful system generally, just a few improvements needed

Pros

The calendar with different colours for different practitioners makes it easy to see when people have appointments. We loved that we could customise our website widget to make it on brand, and that this software gives the option for customers to add promo codes, as most others in this field do not allow this. The SOAP note feature is paramount to us as a physio clinic, and the whole system is very secure.

Cons

We need an option to attach files to our client notes, as we are a physio clinic so often have patient letters/referrals that we currently need to store elsewhere. Also, the analysis of the data is helpful but you are unable to assess how many sessions each client has had on the export option, which makes reviewing marketing efforts a bit of a nightmare. The calendar view would benefit from having a weekly view with each service providers timetable more clearly, as this can create problems for us too!

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

The option to add promo codes, customise the website widget to our brand colours, and the price.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Hi Katie and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate it greatly! Regarding your feedback then I will address each point: 1. This is a suggestion that we have on our list and we can hopefully add to the system later on 2. With the reports about number of sessions per client to export, then this is possible by going into reports/clients/select client/View and then you can choose export 3. It is possible with the filters to select there a certain provider and then click on "Apply" after that you choose the weekly view and then you should have a weekly view by provider. I also encourage you to have your providers using the admin app, there each one can have a really nice overview of upcoming bookings. If you have any further questions you can always contact our Live Chat and contact Dmytro our Head of Support who can assist you with anything....well as long as it is related to our system:) All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied October 2022

Rob

Excellent Service for 5+ Years Now

My clients really like the SMS reminder function, and I like to be able to set availability from Google Calendar, this is a very handy function.

Pros

The booking widget on my website is brilliant for allowing new and existing clients to book a slot and not have to wait for me to confirm their session.

Cons

I wish there were more 'custom features' available on my plan, but the service does allow upgrading to a higher number if desired for an additional fee.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

A more comprehensive solution that allowed more flexibility.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Rob, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we appreciate it greatly! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Isabel

Industry: Alternative Medicine

November 2022

Very useful when more than one employee

Great experience, quality price is reasonable.

Pros

I like that I am able to schedule my consultants.

Cons

It is not very intuitive to find the location of certain fonctions

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

I wasn't able to schedule for my consultants.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Isabel thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your great feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Bruce

November 2022

Doubled my clients in 3 months!

Because it's so easy to use for my clients, particularly new ones, I doubled my business in 3 months!

Pros

The ease of setup for me, and the ease of scheduling for my clients is my favorite part of this app!

Cons

I would like a merge duplicates feature for my client database. Too many people enter their names multiple times, so I end up with multiple entries.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Better features for my business.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Bruce, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we appreciate it greatly! For merging clients with same name please look at the instructions here...https://help.simplybook.me/index.php/Client_Login_custom_feature ..scroll down to the second #1 and then you will see it. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Alexandra

November 2022

Best Product Available (but could benefit from some updates)

It has been an overall positive experience.

Pros

I love this booking tool compared to every other one out there, but it isn't as great as it could be. It is the easiest tool to use with the most features that I need available, but you give up certain flexibility when you have an all in one tool like this.

Cons

I wish the service providers could see the sessions in their timezone just like the clients can, but the system only allows you to show the company timezone and I have providers working all across the United States. I also wish the packages and memberships were more flexible. My packages page is super crowded because for example I have to set 3 different high school 10 hour tutoring packages for different sessions durations (i.e. 30 min, 45 min, 60 min) when other systems have the ability to have me put this all in one package where the client picks the duration. I also don't like how if they cancel a package session then it takes away the credit even though I setup a 24 hour cancellation policy. Even if they cancel in time, the session credit disappears. I also wish the packages had a service filter like the memberships do.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Alexandra Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, we appreciate it greatly! We will discuss your suggestions on our product meetings to see if those can make it to production. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Paula

Very happy we found SimplyBook.me

Pros

What's nice about SimplyBook.me is that you can customize which features you want.

Cons

There are nothing I 'dislike' about SimplyBook.me. I would make a couple of improvements, though: 1. We are glad there are both session confirmation and reminders, but we would really like it if we could schedule a reminder around 1000 days from the date of training. This might sound like a long time, but the certifications we offer are good for 3 years and 1000 days would still give them a couple of months to schedule their recertification training. 2. It would be nice if the 'unlimited' tier of add-ons wasn't so much more than the tier that gives you 8 add-ons. At most, I would like one or two more, but it's not worth such a huge jump in price. 3. We really like the idea that email can come from our business email address, but at the moment, it's just not working for us because the SMTP settings just aren't being accepted.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook.me has the ability to easily schedule multiple training sessions running concurrently.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook.me has the most features we need.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Paula, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! Regarding your request to add this to your system that you can send a reminder 1000 days after training, within the come-back-soon feature then we could probably add this to your system. Please pm me and send me your booking website. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied October 2021

Gavin

Industry: Libraries

Using Simplybookme to reopen Sports and Culture Services after the Covid-19 Lockdown

I really like Simplybookme. It has been especially useful during the Covid-19 pandemic as I have been able to provide a booking system allowing customers to access services and events right across our Sports and Culture Department (LLA) of Abredeenshire Council. Customers book pickup slots within our Library Click and Collect Service, outdoor tennis courts can now be booked allowing our customers to observe social distancing, two of our museums have reopened and are using Simplybookme to take bookings. It really has helped us provide a service through these very difficult times. I highly recommend Simplybookme.

Pros

Very easy to setup and all accessed from a single Admin site which is cloud based so I can easily roll out the system to other staff across several sites. I found the initial setup very straight forward and adding further complexity to the system was easy to do too once I got the basics right. I can easily add multiple sites providing many different services all from the Simplybookme Admin site. Great value for money. I'm running almost a 100 different sites (service providers) providing our customers with over 30 different services. Superb email and SMS notification setup. I have a bespoke booking confirmations go out from each of my sites or service providers as they all have a different setup. The system is jam packed full of really great Custom Features many of which I use. Such as Book Soon Notification System, Intake Forms, Service Categories, Group Bookings, Flexible Notifications, Terms and Conditions, Products, Booking Status. That's only about 15% of all the Custom Features available!

Cons

Can't add single Special Days (e.g. for a one off holiday) without having to move away from the easy to use "slider" schedule I use for opening times. No "Sand Box" site for testing setup or training. The dates/days in the front end Calendar for customers (when using a phone) are not locked which means if you scroll down the screen it's very difficult to keep track of which day/date you are selecting.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Gavin Thank you so much for leaving your positive review, we appreciate it enormously! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied December 2020

Becky

Great features but the recent price increases have stung a bit!

Overall, Simplybookit has helped us streamline our appointment booking and monitoring systems. Despite it being a little difficult to set up initially, if you can afford the standard package (or can make do with the basic package) it's worth the time and the customer service is great.

Pros

It has some really great features that we needed - multiple locations, the ability to take appointment deposits, customise notification emails and having a questionnaire for clients to fill in at the point of booking. The ability to download our daily appointments as a CSV file is really useful - generally speaking, the amount of data we're able to extract from it for our monitoring is fantastic. The customer service is fast and helpful.

Cons

The interface took a bit of getting used to (but once you're used to it, it's fine! We have some single appointments for one person and some workshops with multiple spaces, but they have to be set up in the same way so the workshop booking interface is quite clunky from the customer's perspective. Some of the info (for example the service description) isn't viewable on mobile devices which is a shame. The recent price rises were a bit of a shock when it came to renew our subscription and unfortunately it has now become unaffordable for us to keep using.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

It offered the features we need at the most favourable price.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

At the time, Simplybookit offered the features we needed at a better price point than 10to8

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Becky Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it. Regarding your comment on some of the service description not showing on your mobile, can you please send me from what kind of mobile you are checking? I checked your page with iphone and I can read all service descriptions. We are very sorry to hear that you guys have stopped using our system due to cost. I can see that you are a non profit organization, please contact me directly so that we can see what we can do for you guys. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied September 2019

Mel

Industry: Mental Health Care

Health Practice Perspective

Overall is grt. Quick responses from customer services. For us, the extensive ability to customize, operate video sessions, book a variety of services, products, packages, classes, and a membership makes this an all-in-one solution.

Pros

Incredible amount of features for the $. HIPAA compliance / encryption SOAP notes Versatility Complete customization of confirmation emails to both service providers & Services Very easy for clients to navigate Clients can track their own packages Ability to force pre-pay Intake form option Seriously, I could list a ton more amazing features plus the fact that they continue to add more.

Cons

Realizing this was initially designed to serve salons, not health care providers, I hope to see improvements in the following areas: SOAP notes are the only therapy note option. Woud be nice to have a simple progress notes option. Ability to tender in person payments directly thru the platform would be a really big deal for us. Right now, a transaction is only tendered if they pay when they book thru the website. In person, we can create invoices and mark them as paid, but need to use a separate platform to capture cc payment. It would be nice if we didn't have to go thru a 3rd party for video calls. Gruveo has been good so far, but it's still extra steps to move from appt to video. Ideally, the ability for the practitioner to enter the video call directly thru their appointment calendar would be grt. A mobile app for clients to manage appts & take video calls would be excellent. I think these r the biggest things that affect us, but even with these, the simplybook platform has been grt.

Reasons for choosing SimplyBook.me

Features to price, especially those features useful for a therapy practice.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Simple practice is an amazing platform for our business model with extra kudos for their video appt structure and ease of organizing therapy notes. However, as our practice grows, the cost to utilize the platform also grows significantly for us. Simplybook offers features we want, but aren't available thru simple practice at a more affordable price structure. If they can put into place my suggestions, this would prob be the perfect platform for our business.

Response from SimplyBook.me

Dear Mel Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, we appreciate it enormously! First of all I can say that we are working on developing an admin app and maybe a client app in next round. With regards to the videos then it is relatively simple to use jumpch.at and mixing it with our booking code to give direct contact, please check that out. With regards to the Progress note option, then yes that is something that we have considered, but is not yet on our to do list. However I know that some health centers have been using the Medical History tab for that. The automatic cc payment at place, will also be implemented later, but can not promise any date on that. Thanks again for your valuable feedback All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied July 2019