Chiro8000 Software Reviews

Chiro8000 Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"As a busy chiropractor I need software that is simple, effective, and gets the job done. When a patient is standing in front of me and needs a billing, I have it in seconds for them."
  • icon"It is simply the best ever. Both the billing and medical record software integrate well."
  • icon"It was easy to use and my office staff was able to figure it out quickly."
  • icon"In the elbow orthopedic section, Mills test (for medial joint pain) is in the same box as Cozens (for lateral joint pain) so it makes it hard to differentiate which test the patient had."
  • icon"Reports seem limited and calendar is not visually easy to see when appointments are scheduled."
  • icon"Learning and implementing from paper to no paper."

Browse all Chiro8000 Reviews

• Have you used Chiro8000 and would like to share your experience with others?

A fantastic software program for chiropractic offices

I have used the Chirox0000 products for at least 25 years. They have never failed me in all these years in consistency, great tech support (I have used it many times) and tremendous ease of use. I love the software.

Pros

Chiro8000 has an easy to use interface. As a busy chiropractor I need software that is simple, effective, and gets the job done. When a patient is standing in front of me and needs a billing, I have it in seconds for them. Everything I need to run my office is available in Chiro8000.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is that I cannot create a Daysheet and print it to a file or excel sheet. You still have to print out the Daysheet on paper every day to clear the daysheet for the next day.

Sheila

Chiro8000 Review

In the 23 years of using this program all of our needs have been met and we plan on staying with this company because of their present and past performance in backing up their product.

Pros

Ease of use with posting, EMR, and claim filing. It is a thorough program that covers the bases regarding the bookkeeping and patient notes documentation. In 2009 we became a three doctor office. This program adapted to the changes and kept each doctors records efficiently. In 2013 the office purchased a very expensive program from another company to cover the need of the EMR, but found that when it came to the multi doctor portion of the program for the posting and overall bookkeeping, we found it did NOT meet the multi doctor piece in our office. After 4 months of trying that program with only our medicare patients, we choose to purchase the FORTE EMR option and have continued using it full time. Training videos are available online to train doctors and staff, with any questions answered promptly. Forte's tech support addresses our questions and problems in a professional and well trained manner. They welcome suggestions from our office to better the program and have a department that looks into the suggestions given. When we have issues with a quirk in an update, they address quickly with a patch or fix.

Cons

It would be nice to have off site back up with them. We have had a meltdown of our system and they did get us up and running quickly. It is a measure of security that gives peace of mind if faced with this situation and our backup would be corrupt.

Kristine

Easy to use but functionality is very limited and compared to other Chiro EHR programs, not worth it

I feel my "cons" about the software sums it up. I do not recommend it. While it is easy to use because it is simple, it is too simple to be paperless or efficient in a Chiropractic office. Scheduling appointments, rescheduling appointments is not quick and easy. Entering charges and patient payments is not quick. Entering EOB's is not quick and easy and there is no checks and balances besides the person entering. Currently looking to change software because we are on version 15 and 15 is not compliant with new state regulations we have to follow. Version 16 is compliant but 9 of my 10 computers don't meet specs for version 16. So, I either replace 9 computers and pay a lot of money for an IT guy to come in and change out all our computers and network them, or change software, hopefully going with more of a cloud based program.

Pros

Simple design. Easy to read screens. This review is requiring a minimum number of characters but I literally don't have anything else good to say about this software.

Cons

Server based and MANY upgrades or new versions over the years requiring new computers frequently to meet specs! When you don't meet computer specs, LOTS of issues just running the programs and then tech support will NOT help because they'll just tell you, you don't meet specs. Replacing 10 computers on the fly when one version change requires new specs is impossible to keep up with for a small office. AND, you don't see any benefits in the new versions, its not like new versions make it more user friendly. Lots of "glitches" constantly requiring calling tech support to fix it. Forte Holdings in on pacific time, so you can't get ahold of them until 10am eastern time. NO WAY this EHR will allow a paperless system. The SOAP notes Forte EMR does NOT sync with the Chiro8000 patient and billing software so no way for the doctor to do notes and enter charges and it automatically goes to front desk for easy check out. Chiro8000 does not properly autopost EOB's so they have to be entered manually. Too much typing required for notes, not enough click options for properly documented notes making doing notes, especially exams and re-exams timely

Response from Forte Holdings

Chiro8000 system requirements have not changed in over 7 years with exception of the operating system. If an operating system is no longer supported by Microsoft, that operating system is no longer HIPAA complaint. As makers of Chiropractic software, HIPAA compliance is of paramount concern. We have thousands of clients who are successfully creating claims and receiving payments on both paper and electronic, individual and batch, claims across the United States. Chiro8000 contains ERA posting options to suit the office's needs that include both manual and automatic. If posting automatically, the payments recorded will match the ERA exactly.

Judy

We LOVE this software.

This software makes our practice run so smoothly. Electronic Billing is accomplished so quickly and our doctor loves the ease of the EMR program. Our thanks to the great folks at Forte for working so hard to keep us all up-to-date on quality, price and support.

Pros

We have used this software for over 20 years and have only good things to say about the Features and their Customer Support folks. They call back quickly, have been so very nice and exceptionally smart. They help us instantly and we are so very grateful. We love the ease of electronic billing and the simplicity of the EMR program. We're a one doctor office and the Chiro8000 and EMR software has proven to be perfect for our needs for both our billing and documentation. We absolutely have No complaints.

Cons

Their West Coast Customer Service hours have not impacted on us at all. We have a home office and we can call Support after our regular office hours and get our questions answered immediately. We did have to purchase a Windows 10 computer but it was time to upgrade. Our XP computer was no longer even supported by Microsoft. It was not a hardship to get a new computer when prices have come down so much and they are so much faster.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you so much for your review of the Chiro8000, we're so glad you shared your experience with our program. We pride ourselves on having one of the easiest to learn EMR programs on the market! Should you ever need anything from our support team don't hesitate to contact us!

Richard

Great Software!

The technical support staff are always helpful, and they always come up with an answer to my questions!

Pros

The Chiro8000 software is easily customizable to fit my practice needs. It covers all the categories I require for patients records, for both office management and electronic health records. It is so thorough, in fact, that it has more facets than I'll ever need, which is a good thing in case that requirement shows up in the future. It is not stored off-site, which means my computer is not dependent upon whether that storage facility is periodically off-line or not.

Cons

It took time for me to fully edit the program to my liking, but because it is such a sophisticated program, I now have the software set up just the way I want it.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you for your kind words doctor! We're glad you've had a positive experience with the customization options of the Chiro8000, we pride ourselves on having the most adaptable and easy to use EMR on the market! Should you ever need anything, our support team is glad to be of assistance!

Peter

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Your customer service

Billing, customer accounts, bulk mailing and I'm sure that executive could tell you more...and when she is happy, I am happy.

Pros

What I liked about the software was that your executive is an angel and helped my office manager through some difficult processes with extraordinary patience and efficiency. It's a quality I expect to see from most companies I do business with..and while they may be good, executive exceeded any expectations I had and I am grateful.

Cons

I don't know enough about this software to know what I like and don't like.....I'm a bit of a dinosaur with computers so I am most appreciative of executive and his efforts t help my office manager understand the process of using the software.

Reasons for choosing Chiro8000

I bought a practice where this system is what they were using, so I thought I would continue the process if the company provided great support to their clients...and they do!!!

Reasons for switching to Chiro8000

I am growing and needed someone to handle the increasing volume of patients accurately

Response from Forte Holdings

Dr. Levy, Thank you very much for sharing you experience with the Chiro8000! We're glad to hear you had such a great experience with our support team! Should you need anything in the future we're just a phone call away.

Austin

Chiro8000

We have had very little issues with Chiro8000 and when we do they are very helpful with resolving the issue and helping us with the program.

Pros

Very helpful and knowledgeable when we need help. Scheduling patients is super easy and quick.

Cons

Charging patients is sometimes slow and difficult.

Response from Forte Holdings

Hi Austin, Thank you very much for your review of the chiro8000! We're very pleased to hear you're having a positive experience with our program. Should you ever need help with the charging aspect of our software, technical support would be glad to assist in providing any best practices or taking your feedback on how we can improve that aspect of the program.

Decent Product, Bad Customer Service

I used Chiro800 by Forte Systems for 5 years in my practice. The software will do everything you need it to do to run a practice. My issue with the software was that if we ever ran into a problem customer support was an issue. Being on the East coast, we had to wait until 11am to be able to reach customer service located on the West coast. This meant that we had to run our practice from 8am-11am without being able to be helped. We ultimately switched to a different product.

Pros

It was easy to use and my office staff was able to figure it out quickly.

Jessica

Time used: Free Trial

Missing real features

I have used other programs and there is so much missing from Chiro8000. Simple things that can make the time spent with the program less and more time with patients. You buy the program and pay extra for features I have yet to notice are worth the money. Patients File: Simple things like adding a nick name to the patient information. Case types keep changing on their own. I want to enter as much detail as I can about a patient and it is very basic. Billing: It doesn't total the copay percentages correctly. There is no sorting insurance when entering payments. There is no way to insert the reasoning codes off the EOB, such as a ded amount. You have to pay extra to send billing through the program and that is to cover the basics. Appointment reminders: You have to keep your system on in order for the reminders to send automatically, otherwise you have to do it manually and it is an annoying process. Customer service: You have to pay monthly to ask a question or over a year. Training: They are very, very basic with the training and leaves you with a ton of questions only to find out there is no where to find an answer unless you call. Or you are in your free trail when you first purchase the program. I started working on in this practice over a year after it was purchased. Update: They keep telling me there is an update version 14 and It has been 8 months now and I still have not received anything. EMR: My doctor refuses to use any electronic notes so I can not review that portion of CHIRO8000 Overall: It could be good if they work it how a practice really flows.

Jessica

Great product for most office processes

This is a great product for running a small office. It is loaded with features to integrate with multi locations but it can be tricky to learn to use those features effectively. Important to learn to properly input the necessary data correctly as everything affects everything!

Pros

Does what the office needs it to do effectively

Cons

Haven't measured it up against competition as our network uses and recommends this option exclusively

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the Chiro8000, we very much appreciate your input!

Margaret

this product keeps getting better and better

I have clean excellent chart notes that fly me thru record reviews.

Pros

I think that I am one of their first customers since I started using this product in 1990. I have been thru many revisions. Unlike a lot of companies they have a crack team that finds errors and fixes them quickly. I recently downloaded a large update of their program. It is simply the best ever. Both the billing and medical record software integrate well. I use many many aspects of this program, but not all. There are so many ways to take advantage of this software that you can customize it to fit your unique practice.

Cons

Only that they should have a doctor look over some of the checked boxes in their software. It's a small complaint, but in the shoulder section, shoulder pain is listed as radiating to the legs, not arms. In the elbow orthopedic section, Mills test (for medial joint pain) is in the same box as Cozens (for lateral joint pain) so it makes it hard to differentiate which test the patient had. It a minor complaint which I fix by noting the correct response in the "notes" section

Johnny

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Just keeps getting Better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDF all Evaluations and Soap Notes to insurance and Attorney's is a God Send. Takes mere minutes.

Pros

Ease of use, Fast entry on follow up visits. Exams on new patients are easy to navigate,use and avoid mistakes . I have to say since the latest updates they are even easier to use. By following the process your filling in a complete OPQRST Eval. Exams are easily changed to your needs and evaluation order , including Ortho/Neuro Evals. New patients are fill in the blank or check the box for 99% of entries needed.

Cons

I enjoy filling out the followups and reminders on Evaluations , which keep me current ,so whats not to like.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! it's with your support and feedback that Chiro8000 gets better each day!!! If you ever need anything from our support team don't hesitate to reach out, we're here to help.

Shar

Fort'e holdings chiropractic software

I love the tech support feature, when there is an issue, they get back to me in a timely manner. I also like the combined feature of opening up chiro 8000 and can see patient records as well.

Pros

Been using Forte software for many years, this new upgrade is impressive. It's functionality is better and it's viewing is easier to see the patients records. Definitely an improvement.

Cons

Nothing really, except rarely it's glitchy, (but better than the older versions) If there is an issue, I have tech support so I am able to get it fixed within a few hours.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you so much for the review and sharing your experience with the Chiro8000! Every year we try and bring more and more to the EMR and your feedback over the years has been instrumental in getting the program to where it is today, thank you for being a client! Should you need anything from our support team we're always here to help!

Rey

Best Chiropractic Software on the Market!

The best practice management and EHR out there. We have seen many over the years and this has been the easiest for our staff to use. Makes the office work efficiently and keeps all processes in check.

Pros

Reports, billing, posting, statements, scheduling, inventory, patient and practice management are all there. Makes light work of creating claims and posting payments. Easiest software on the market to pick up and use. Full friendly support giving install, training, help as needed.

Cons

Would like to see an expansion with macros in the future update to automate some more of the office processes for things like patient recall and new patients.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the program! Should you ever need anything from our support team please don't hesitate to reach out to us!!!

Jim

Getting this software to work on a consistent basis was almost impossible

None. The billing component was almost useless. The outside billing service was so incredibly frustrated and it led to numerous mistakes. Ask any one of the five chiropractors in this office and they will say the same thing.

Cons

We have 5 chiropractors in our office and all I ever heard were daily complaints about the software. Nearly everything to do with this software was difficult to and only worked about 20% of the time. One example: we had tech support set up our daily backups (because it is not easy enough to be able to do something like that on your own), and two months later we were very fortunate to learn that the system was not backing up regularly. Had we not stumbled upon this on our own, we could have lost a huge amount of data. Another: despite having a very robust server that the program was installed on and running direct Cat6 cables / high end switch, etc... to every workstation, the EMR took FOREVER to load a visit. This left me hardly able to keep up when times were busy. Tech support would sometimes not call back for hours, were sometimes rude / belittling to my staff, and sometimes not even knowledgeable about the product. Spending the amount of money that we did, you would think that there would be better support and there would be some redeeming quality. We hoped that would be the case with the most recent update---it was merely lipstick on a pig and NOTHING changed. Don't waste your time or money because in the end it will cost you a LOT more than you spend on the purchase.

Rhiannon

Super easy to use

Pros

It's a practice management system along with accounting features. It's super easy to learn and makes my job easier.

Cons

Occasionally the updates revert the system back to older versions and it causes a few hiccups. Additionally, the updates have taken away a few features that I really liked and there is no way to get those back.

Response from Forte Holdings

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Chiro8000, your support of the software is incredibly important to us. If you're free to discuss the feature that you're having trouble accessing we would love to set up a call with you. It's with your feedback that the Chiro8000 gets better each year!

Milla