• Pros

• "Easy to learn, MA temps always pick it up very quickly. Tech support is amazing. "

• "It's very easy to adapt our paper forms into an electronic format. The trainers were accessible. I loved the use of Teamviewer!"

• "Ease of use, personalization of the software to meet my specific needs, excellent support group. "

• Cons

• "It is so customizable almost to a fault in some aspects "

• "It took me a while to really learn the program. However, the more I use it, the more I really like it and cannot think of returning to a template type of program."

• "Concept-based templates that I can create as I want to be. "

Browse Praxis EMR Reviews

Julius from Amarillo UFirst Urgent Care

Best EMR for the money

I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Cons

The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I was intrigued by the knowledge based idea. A template that builds on itself.

Alkesh from Alkesh C. Amin, MD, PA

Praxis

Praxis is my 4th EMR over last 25 years of my practice and so far the best EMR that I have used, wish I had known about it years ago. In my opinion, physician can customize Praxis with little to no effort and personalize it to fit your need and satisfaction. Starting from implementation and training to go live, Praxis team was totally dedicated with one goal in mind...success of my practice. I have been using Praxis for last three months and have seen great benefit with improvement in quality care that I provide to my patients and reasons for this being true are: Less chances of making mistakes... Information available, when I need it and where I need it... Praxis learns from you, and teaching Praxis is very easy, so far Praxis has behaved as the best student... It is entirely possible that I will see financial gain over next one year by being more efficient, utilizing certain covered services now with great ease with Praxis which would not have been possible in past... Most important thing, I am enjoying myself and feel like, I got my life back...

Pros

Praxis has allowed me to be the doctor that I always wanted to be.....provide the best possible care to my patients

Cons

Sorry, so far, do not have anything negative to say about this GREAT EMR

Unique features that Praxis has, no other EMR has it

Erik from Centerway Behavioral Health, LLC

Incredible Experience

I'm a few weeks into the onboarding experience. The team has been phenomenal. Multiple attentive people, and the trainer is the best. Oh.. and I had a very unusual connectivity request, and in turn.. even their subcontractors are amazing. They are teaching our clinic how to vastly improve the tele-psychiatry experience for our providers (that wasn't even in the work order or request, it was, ...hey can I get some advice, ...for free I am working with expert who is amazing, he isn't even an employee of Praxis).

Pros

So when I saw the demo, my jaw dropped... They took concepts I knew and ran with them further than I imagined possible. My next thought was... oh my... people may not easily realize what Praxis has accomplished until using the software... For context.. In residency training I was tasked with teaching patient presentations to medical student. I had some previous training in internal medicine at an Ivy League Program where I struggled with presentation skills. But due to a lot of intensive work and guidance I became very skilled (and the prior struggle lent itself to teaching students, because I could guide students having difficulty). One cornerstone was teaching students that were do not process information in written text, and if you look at a transcription of any conversation, it tends to be... run-on sentence, fragment, tangential thought, one word reply, then run-on sentence, etc. Speech is fragmentation and it needs to stay that way else it is difficult for the listener (..that is why it is so annoying when you hear an entire lecture read off long paragraphs in powerpoint). Speech patterns aside, the point is that we do not think in written text. Furthermore, as a provider gains experience, human cognition allows them to process information much faster than conscious awareness. Praxis understands this, and they built something revolutionary. Put in your information on their website and watch their demo, I would need to write 2 pages to explain it.

Cons

It took me three years to find them, and had it not been for the Coronavirus pandemic forcing me to search high and low for an ideal EMR, I would have stayed with paper charts and dictations (I hate EMRs, every one except Praxis)

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

They truly understand how to put a physicians thoughts on paper in way that takes seconds.

Shelley from Heartland Medicine Colville Clinic

SHORT STORY: If you are a DPC, you might want to consider a different EMR

We planned to open a Direct Primary Care (DPC) practice in mid-2019. We reviewed dozens of EMRs and depended largely upon Capterra’s ratings and extensive reviews. Finally, we narrowed our search down to Praxis. We believed it would serve us well with its promise of shorter charting times and high provider satisfaction. After using the program for approximately nine months, we switched to an EMR that provided many more options for our DPC. Praxis is set up to work for a more typical medical practice and doesn’t offer many of the features uniquely required by a DPC. To be candid, our providers (both past 60) were not interested in changing their charting practices to maximize the novel way Praxis suggests charting be done in their program. However, other realities of working with Praxis slowed them down considerably. Because Praxis is stored on a remote computer, there was considerable lag time in clicking on the multiple places required for each patient interaction, even though we have a dedicated fiber optics line and 100 GB both up and down. This made charting laborious. It was a struggle to get the patient demographics efficiently placed on any outgoing referral or document. While some of the support personnel were kind, helpful and prompt, others lagged in their responses and some were rude to our providers. The interfaces between our clinic and the pharmacies (for electronically submit prescriptions) and between our clinic and our lab provider were never completed.

Pros

We appreciated Praxis’s ability to monitor patient flow from the time they entered the office until their exit. Our front office reported they appreciated the way the schedule included the “reason for visit” for each patient.

Cons

Praxis is not well-suited for a DPC (Direct Primary Care) practice. We didn't realize this when we purchased it as ours was a new practice. Promised interfaces between our lab and Praxis never happened. Pharmacies were never fully integrated so e-prescribing was lacking. There was no way to print prescriptions directly from Praxis in a way that met our state's regulations. Charting was slowed by the fact that Praxis was on a remote computer. Patient demographics were very difficult to place on outgoing referrals and other documents.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

We reviewed dozens of EMRs and depended largely upon Capterra’s ratings and extensive reviews. No one beats Praxis's high marks! Finally, we narrowed our search down to Praxis. We believed it would serve us well with its promise of shorter charting times and high provider satisfaction.

Heidi from Heidi Heras MD PC

Best in the industry!

No more lost charts, messaging and prescriptions are a breeze. The price is affordable even for a solo practitioner like myself. Made the investment of having them come out to help me set up my system which was a game changer. I was up and running full speed within just a few days. Praxis support has always been quick to any issue that arises. I migrated to the cloud version which allows me to easily access charts from my phone, tablet or computer from anywhere I have a connection. It

Pros

I have used several EMRs in my medical career and nothing comes close to allowing me to practice medicine in an efficient way like Praxis does. I am in command of my charts much like a paper chart but with the practicality of EMR. My templates can be updated and changed with ease even from a current patient visit. No more calling tech support to change something that is not quite right about an encounter template, I can adjust it easily in real time. When we do have tech issues, they are quickly on the case to resolve any issues. I use the cloud version so I can access from any location. It is so fast to use that I am done with charting when the patient leaves the room. It is obvious that it was created by a practitioner, who knows what functions we need to practice more efficiently. They continue to make improvements to Praxis and use customer feedback to enhance version updates. Cannot say enough about Praxis!

Cons

none - It's so robust I am still learning all the functionality

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

By far the best value for the money.

David from Galbraith Family Medicine, LLC

Best EMR for customization

With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

Pros

Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

Cons

I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

We wanted control of our records and billing, and wanted to avoid templates we had to chart around instead of building the data in a way useful to us, our patients and our specialist colleagues. We also wanted the customization of how we bill and interact digitally with labs and other outside agencies such as state immunization programs.

Amor from Amor Mehta MD - Neurology Center for Epilepsy and Seizures, LLC

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

Cons

nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

non template based system designed by physicians that works for physicians - not billers/administrators who are non-healthcare professionals

Frederick from Martin Family Medicine

Updated Praxis Review

Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

Pros

Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Praxis was more intuitive and learned with each use.

Donald from Donald E. Krouse MD Inc

User friendly Non-template EMR

I have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs. Support is amazing: rapid and effective.

Pros

The progress notes are in my words with no "template language." The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps. Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients. I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit. New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.

Cons

I wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Much more intuitive. Less clicking. Not constricted by templates.

Barbara from Mountain Medical Management Group, Inc

Easy to use EMR

Increase charting speed, accurate documentation for the E/M codes billed, reminds provider things needed for certain problems.

Pros

It allows the providers to chart the way they think. They are able to create a note, save and reuse again and again for the same problem.

Cons

The program is allows providers and staff to improve their assessment. It is not bound by someone else's way of documenting notes.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Again, allows providers to chart the way they think.

Steven from Chicago Pulmonary Specialists

Great EMR - No Need to Look Elsewhere

Prior EMRs have slowed my practice. My staff used to complain about how rigid the prior EMRs were. Some were very slow. I don't hear those concerns anymore since using Praxis. I am very pleased with how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Praxis listens to their customers and clearly is in my corner to help me achieve a smoother practice operation. Affordable program. Great support. Very Satisfied. Get ready to be wowed when you start Praxis.

Pros

As a small medical practice, I have used multiple EMR platforms from small now defunct companies to the mega companies that dominate the hospital world. I have been a Praxis user for several years and am thoroughly pleased with my decision to select Praxis. The platform is unlike any other EMR that I have seen. The ability for Praxis to be molded to the needs of my practice has separated this product from the rest. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a enlightening experience and I have learned much from him about EMRs, AI, and medical charting in general. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is driven with great passion in listening to his clients and their needs and then helping to problem solve any challenges that we are facing. The level of personal commitment to his customers is unparalleled. From a software perspective, the ease of setting new assessments to meet our needs was very easy and constantly evolves. The notes get smarter as we continue to use them by taking advantage of prior encounters using the same assessment. I was able to transition from a prior inferior EMR very quickly. The training team was excellent and at times we were more of a partnership in customizing to what I needed for my practice. My practice involves very complex patients, research visits, diagnostics, and other patient interaction types. While some of my needs were not built in to the program, the team worked with me quickly to come up with good solutions.

Cons

All programs continue to evolve. Praxis has been doing well to address their clients needs with periodic enhanced upgrades.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I was impressed with the online materials about Praxis that helped me better understand what makes it unique. I also spoke with others who have used it to get a one on one opportunity to ask my questions about it. Reviews are tricky to use as many are usually very negative from disgruntled people and in general I shy away from these. I am not a fan of bashing specific companies in a review so I have opted not to publicly discuss the prior EMRs that I have used. I can be contacted through my website should anyone want to contact me personally.

Michael from Rediscovery

A great EMR

An old saying: It's not what you know but what you can prove! Documentation, Documentation, Documentation. Praxis allows one to create appropriate documentation for the services rendered and billed. Praxis is HIPPA compliant. Praxis allows me to spend my time speaking to and examining patients and not staring at a computer screen during the encounter. I believe Praxis supports dictation and/or programs like Dragon Speaking; however, I am musch faster typing than I am dictating. I don't have to correct entries from word recognition programs or dictation entries.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. I can generate documentation of a high level of care with minimum time. Much faster and more accurate than dictating. Very customizable - one is not constricted/limited by preformed templates created by someone else with someone else's language/words. One can create notes that reeflect not just what one does but in a language consistent with the author. Reliable and Afordable. Less complicated/shorter learning curve than other EMRs. It is/was very adaptable to my practice which included several specialties: General & Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Primary Care and Addiction Medicine.

Cons

Praxis has electronic scripting, but is still working on excripting for controlled substances. However, Praxis is partnering with MD Toolbox for controlled substance electronic scripting until it is incorporated into Praxis' current electronic scripting. For now escripting controlled substances is an extra step, but an HL7 interface allows transfer of demographics from Praxis, so one does not have to enter patients separately in each program.

JULIE from BACK TO BASICS HEALTHCARE

PRAXIS GIVES ME GREAT DOCUMENTATION IN LESS TIME!

Exceptional! Customer service is priority. Staff are extremely responsive. During implementation, the person working with you tells you the next person you meet. Contact is made almost immediately. You are never left wondering if you are forgotten. With customer support, if they can't fix the problem, a ticket is sent to IT to assist. The problem gets resolved within 24 hours . I then receive an email. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the usual person I get on customer chat. Her follow up has been timely, complete, and exactly what I requested. A trainer is assigned at implementation to teach the system. My trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is available to me, even after initial training is complete. His availability is posted online for obtaining extra 1:1 help. He has email and text available for quick issues. He usually responds within the hour. If written communication instructions are not understood, a session invitation is extended to me. He has always been very patient, kind, and understanding. He ensures I understand the training and can reproduce processes without him. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is very involved with Praxis. He continues to improve Praxis by contacting providers for ways to make it better. He is always open, friendly, relaxed, and communicative. Before having this system, I never spoke with anybody outside customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always asking Praxis users about ways to improve his product and make it better for the end users, providers!

Pros

Praxis has so many great features that confining them to a small space is difficult. The ability to document thoroughly is at the top on the list. Praxis remembers what is written from one note to the next, so you build upon what is written from note to note. Comparison is simple because it is already there. The time saved from not having to continuously document the same thing repeatedly, frees up so much time that a complex note can be completed in less than 10 minutes. The history of the note can be pulled over from prior notes easily without multiple steps. With just 1 click, it’s there. Codes are saved within Praxis, so a simple click recalls them. They are always saved and available at the click of a button from note to note. This feature saves so much time that documentation is shortened by not having to continuously “look” for the correct code. Once it’s there, it never goes away. The last great thing about Praxis is virtually no down time with the system. I don’t think I have ever had the system go down since I have been using the system. If the system shuts itself down for security reasons or you close it by mistake, Praxis automatically saves your note so nothing is lost. This is a priceless feature, having had other systems boot me out, losing everything in the note. I am usually at the end and must start the note all over again. With Praxis it is saved automatically and you pick up where you left off.

Cons

The worst thing about Praxis is that I didn’t find it early enough in my search for an EMR to not have to go through two other systems that were disappointing and didn’t meet my needs. I have spent innumerable hours that I can never get back doing endless documentation when I could have been having time with family, friends, or a myriad of other pleasurable things instead of EMR work. I don’t feel there are any other cons of using Praxis except those associated with not finding this system sooner. Praxis gets faster and more intuitive the more you use it. this makes all the difference in the world when there is so much documentation required for reimbursement now.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I chose Praxis over these EMRs because of its functionality and the ability to write my own note in my own words without endless clicks of templates so that every patient note looks almost the same. The fact that each note builds upon the last note is a great feature because it remembers items that you may have forgotten.

Ryan from Capital Vein & Laser Centers

Praxis is a great software

What I love most about Praxis is how the software learns from me. So, as I use Praxis it makes my charting easier and allows me to spend more time focusing on my patients, which is frankly the best part of medicine. With my old EMR system, I was literally clicking on boxes for ten minutes or more for each patient whereas now with Praxis, most patients are completely charted in minutes, depending on how fast I want to go.

Pros

The Praxis people are quite helpful and were there answering my questions when setting up the software, so that was a good experience. I am now using a tablet and they needed to show me how to use it as I had never used a mobile computer for work. Overall, Praxis's software makes it very simple to check a patient's medical history which is much better than my old system which required much more work and used outdated templates.

Cons

There is nothing I cannot do with Praxis. I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lab but they should be connected soon. Ask the Praxis people to see a demo or send the demo videos and you should have a good feeling for its clinical usefulness for your practice. Good luck to all.

Stephen from MVHC

Do you really want the best and most innovative EMR?

Documenting in these “concepts” is exactly who Praxis documents and that is why once it learns how you document, the verbal consent, preparation and post injection examination of a RIGHT knee steroid, it knows it forever

Pros

Easy, intuitive, accurate, thorough and fast. Just think how you approach, then document your patient encounter. This was highlighted when I bought a retiring physicians practice and reviewed his progress note which consisted of a simple notation "Diabetes at goal", yet when I reviewed his paper chart (which showed check marked and initialed) 1. Ophthalmic Consultant report; a three quarter paged dictated note showing a normal diabetic eye exam, the labs that showed a circled and initialed A1c of 6.8, normal renal function, lipid panel and then review and check marked Podiatry dictation. This doctors notation “Diabetes at goal” was representative of all the words that we would’ve dictated, typed (or clicked boxes) in a Templated EMR, but that delineated what would have ended up in a large paragraph showing that this diabetics recent A1c, renal function, diabetic eye and foot exam...were all at goal.

Cons

The biggest "con" is that you will kick yourself that you haven't been using this superb tool earlier. ...And by the way, this is exactly how an experienced physician thinks, then documents a “ normal diabetic assessment”. As experienced physicians, we think in concepts (not words or often, not even in sentences), Breast Cancer; stable, asymptomatic and in active treatment with Oncology Congestive Heart Failure; improved without PNDand improved on the ACE Inhibitor Pulmonary Nodule; unchanged from comparison CT chest 6 months ago) Documenting in these “concepts” is exactly who Praxis documents and that is why once it learns how you document, the verbal consent, preparation and post injection examination of a RIGHT knee steroid

Marilyn from Marilyn A. Solsky, MD, LLC

An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors

There are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks like everyone else's template that becomes cumbersome to read because of the redundancy, the support service for Praxis is phenomenal. I get answers to my questions within minutes; there is no staying on hold and being transferred to several people while someone is frantically going through the same manual you already read. Support is available after hours and sometimes I get answers late at night. When I am really stuck I get a call from one of the designers of Praxis. The Praxis executive team's suggestions and insights have been extremely helpful and their personal commitment to this software is second to none. I have used several other software platforms, both in hospitals and in the office and this is definitely the best one out there if you value accurate, original documentation that helps you provide superior care to your patients.

Pros

Should you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group chose another company that promised everything, but delivered nothing. They hated their choice. Several years ago I looked at Praxis again. The cost is now affordable and the company's commitment to maintaining a high quality EMR system that prioritizes superb patient care is still there. Other systems I've used are template driven. Coding and capturing documentation is what drives their software. Essentially they are a billing template in disguise. Praxis comes as close to producing a high quality note in exactly my own words as when I used to chart with pen and paper. It is true that initial documentation is not automatic; for the first few diagnoses I had to invest time to get the details entered. However, once I did that, future cases got faster until Praxis anticipates diagnoses and outlines a treatment plan about as quickly as I can think it. Praxis prompts me about relevant clinical elements which I may not have considered. The focus is on symptoms, impressions, and treatment; not ICD 10 codes, CPT codes, and a format that benefits the biller, not the patient.

Cons

It would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.

Mark from Harth Place Family Medicine

Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product

The most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.

Pros

A clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day. All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists. I had been using another EMR and had developed habits that were causing me to duplicate work while writing a note. On starting with PRAXIS I had to look at what I was doing and ask myself " What is the essence of this encounter, what defines it" This was the hardest step because it involved changes in my behavior, and once this was done, and it did not take long to get up and running. I had been using templates before and they were huge structures that fit no encounter, they had to be modified, whittled into shape on the fly. PRAXIS solves the problem by having smaller elements of a note which are rapidly assembled into the structure without any editing because each element is the essence. I can get a note for a diabetic exam including a foot exam before seeing the next patient. PRAXIS has a tremendous amount of automation, that diabetic patient will get an automatic recall for labs in x months. Support is excellent, there is an online portal where questions are answered. I have used this on many occasions and response is quick and interactive. Someone , is replying to your questions within a minute and since it is a two way conversation you do not get a "canned" answer. I have PRAXIS on my in house server, apparently 80% of users prefer the on line hosted version. I have used both and can find no difference in speed or utility. I will eventually migrate to hosted online version. This involves overnighting the drive to PRAXIS and you are up and running.

Cons

Nothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.

David from Mesa Family Physicians

I initially purchased Praxis as a DOS user in the 1990s and have seen it from the beginning.

I believe I am much better able to do a good job caring for my patients and keeping complex histories and conditions better organized. I am better able to meet the increasing government requirements of reporting and tracking without that interfering as much with the doctor patient relationship. Praxis allows me see what I want to see each time I see a patient for a given condition. Because of the use of discreet data, and the freedom for me to easily select what I want to see without having to hire a programmer to do it for me. Example: for my patients with hypertension, I have trained praxis to print the last 3 Blood pressures recorded on the note. For the diabetics, I list their last several A1c results, their urine for microalbumen and EGFR For patients on meds for hyperlipidemia, I have it extract the last 3 lipid profiles, For thyroid patients, I pull the last several TSH values, and for Obese patients, I can show the last weights. If I want to see what medications I have tried for treating their depression, everything is listed since I started using the program, and a quick click on a box takes me to the encounter for that date. Each physician or provider has their own unique way of doing things, so instead of having to agree on the templates that we want to use or have written for us, each of has our own and yet we can share what we have done with others, and if they want to use what we saved, they can easily import it, or just look and decide to do it their way. The program has recently complied with new regulations so we have just received our own secure email so we can receive or send information to other providers with other platforms once those programs catch up to Praxis. The assessments are so easy to create, that when I have a patient with unique needs, that I know I will need to create the same unusual lab order in the future, I can easily create a lab order that will be saved as "KNOWLEDGE" that could be specific for that patient to recall it in the future. I can name these assessments whatever I want to since the assessment names are for my eyes only. I do vasectomies, and the initial consultation complete with handouts is all part of one assessment, and the assessment for the actual procedure, creates the note, which is there for me to change anything but can also include any post op medications and instructions all as part of that assessment. It would be painful for me to go to a template EMR

Pros

Unlike other EMR programs that require you to create templates and spend a lot of time clicking, praxis works on a unit of though concept. Anything you want to do repetitively you can easily "save with knowledge" while working with a live patient and that information will be there for you to use in the future. This can be as simple as saving an order for compression hose for a patient to use the next time I need to use it, or as complex as having the program query my lab database to present the last several labs that apply to each of their chronic conditions . Praxis also sorts your "units of though" you have saved by frequency of use, and it can help you find what you are looking for quickly in an unusual way for an EMR. If you start with a prescription, it will show you all of the "assessments (units of thought) that you have every used that prescription for. It also helps you remember the things that you might otherwise forget in an incidental visit. Any items such as have they had their flu shot? Did they get their pneumonia vaccine? Did you do the things you decided are best for the patient? Also when you combine several assessments on the same visit for the patient, they all appear in the same note and are not hidden on some other page or drop down menu, or in a sub note like many EMRs. Their support is quite remarkable. Anyone in the office can open a chat, and praxis is there within seconds to address the issue and record it to send to t

Cons

Since praxis has been developed over decades with input from the physician users, rather than a team of programmers from a venture capital firm, it doesn't plug you into someone else's thought process. I could use the analogy of a word processing program. Anyone can open up "Word" and just type, but it can do so much more, that actually requires you to put a little effort into it. That can be annoying in word, but when you learn it, your horizons open up and you can do so much more. As I mentioned above, I purchased the program decades ago which included the upgrades over time. I had partners who didn't want to put the effort into using an EMR, so our office purchase another EMR. After just a short time the severe limitations of that program became apparent so they decided to subscribe to the EMR that our billing software company promoted and has bundled with an excellent accounts receivable program. That program also had severe limitations on what one could do. The training was very limited and I soon learned about template medicine. My partners finally realized that what they had in the Praxis program that they had not tried was far superior to these two programs. They discovered with a few hours of one on one training they already had a far superior program with Praxis. Praxis allows you to do your own queries if you are interested, or you can use the many already supplied, including those that are needed for reporting.

Keyvan from Shiraz Medical Group

Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers

It has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.

Pros

The use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance. With every upgrade, the system gets better, faster and it is truely better than all the EMRs that my colleagues have. I always finish the notes when I am done seeing the patients and I have access to my notes anywhere as long as I have internet access. Many of my peers who do not have Praxis EMR are not able to finish their charting due to the inefficiency of their EMR system. With Praxis EMR, the more I use it, the faster and more efficient it becomes for me to see patients. With its setup, it has allowed me to keep up with all the regulations and documentation necessary for all the insurance companies. Even my billing is faster and more efficient. I can go on and on about how wondefull this EMR is......

Ed from Medical Sleep Solutions

Best of all the EMRs we have looked at

Any EMR, and we looked at many of them, will take a few months to adapt to. That will be the same with Praxis. As much as that was a stress and slowed us down for a few weeks, we would never go back to paper nor have we ever seen a system that would be better for us than Praxis. One thing that impressed us was that Dr. Low, founder of the company, got involved personally when we were trying to make some adaptations to make Praxis better fit our practice. He is very much hands on and will do whatever is necessary to be sure you have a positive experience and a system that will work for you and your patients. Look at as many EMRs as you can and carefully chose the one that best fits you and your practice style. Don't make that choice lightly.

Pros

The system produces a document that reads very much like one you would dictate. It is very easy to customize and alter the "template" as often as necessary. Each clinician can have their own "template". The sentences show up grayed out and you simply click on the ones you want to include in the note. No drop down boxes to navigate. Chart review is easy, although it will be nice when you can open multiple windows at once side by side to compare visits or labs. The system has not slowed us down significantly compared to dictating. You can set up different physical exam templates so that follow up visits have a different set of choices than new patient visits. Our specialty is sleep medicine so we have not used the system to pull in labs, send out prescriptions or order tests, make follow up appointments, etc. One very nice feature is that you can set up the "templates" so that you can have an MA go in and basically read through the history "template" and click on the relevant bits. The clinician can come in, review it with the patient, and the history is complete and documented. All the clinician needs to do is click through the exam, click on an assessment and the plan and you are done. This allows you to complete the chart while you are there with the patient and go on to the next one. Praxis also makes it easy to review the charts of the mid-level providers (NPs and PAs) and sign off on them as their supervisor.

Cons

Not much in the way of Cons, just things to consider in looking at Praxis. A great deal of time will be necessary to put the "templates" together and modify them to your liking. It is time well spent to get it set up as close to perfect as possible. The process is simple. We just dictated our normal history and assessments into a Word doc, cut and pasted into the Praxis "template" and modified them a bit as time went along. It is time consuming but simple. The trainers are very good and can walk you through that. If you have a practice where the history and PE are fairly different and nuanced from one patient to another, neurology would be an example, this process will be somewhat more complex. You can dictate into the history section if you prefer to do that. The downside of doing that is that you cannot complete the chart in the room.

Ajeeb from TRWC

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

Pros

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

Cons

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I own the product and host it on my own server which I prefer and also cost was more attractive and the reviews were good for Family Practice for the product!

Joshua from West Fork Family Medicine, PC

I don't have to do any progress notes when I go home after work

I finish my work quickly and I don't to work at home any more with this system. I don't ever want to give up using Praxis. I had to change from a pure template system where I could never finish my notes until I got home. Soapware was my old system.

Pros

This is an assessment-based EMR that works for the physician who needs to document the encounter. I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily. I use the "agent" function to send orders and messages throughout our work flow. This system interfaces with my local lab so my office staff are never manually scanning in paper copies of lab work. I was thrilled to note how fast my remote connection functions with Praxis, even though I don't have the fastest internet. This is not a template system, which is great. Prescribing drugs through the e-prescribe function works well and is easy to use.

Cons

I don't have a lot to say from a negative perspective. My server is housed off-site, for cyper-security reasons. We did have irregular internet problem for a period of time, which meant that we did not have access to our records. I simply had my IT team get a firewall that could handle two internet sources. I have two internet suppliers and I always have access to my remote server and Praxis. Easy solution.

John from Complete Family Health Care, P.C.

Awesomely pro-physician in meeting ever increasingly complex bureaucratic hoops.

As a solo primary care office and hospital Family Practice physician I work hard to make use of all the exceptional features available in both setting with this amazing software. That is why I rely so heavily on InforMeds exceptional training staff. I can manage my patients from the mountains, beach and even when a locum tenems is covering my practice in an emergency as long as I have internet access to connect to Praxis.

Pros

I have got to put in kudos to InfoMed for my Praxis EMR. I have no complaints about the support I have received as I completed my meaningful use Years 1-5 2010-2014 to earn my CMS incentive for early adoption. I have been waiting for approval for MIPS participation through the new 7th version for the new v 7 Praxis which was release and certified by for meaningful use a few weeks ago. 2018 will be our year to institute surface pro tablets for each provider and nurse to make us mobile in the hospital as well as in the office. Again I compliment Praxis for allowing me to capture all my charges at point of service, keeping my documentation bulletproof from retrospective level of service audits, streamline and update my maintenance of quality indicators and permitting to hyperlink my reference sites with my patients. I will now begin using the multiple diagnosis global assessments to streamline my documentation even further. Onward and upward. Thank you, InfoMed!

Philip from Philip Reid Oranburg MD PA

Excellent product, outstanding support

Excellent. Fair pricing, excellent support, an EMR that allows flexibility and efficiency that I don't believe others can match.

Pros

This software allows the user to create documents in his/her own style and language, essentially re-usable for other patients with the same medical problem, and modifiable for patients who are similar but with some differences, greatly reducing the time it would otherwise take to create a whole new document from scratch. The documents can be built in a way that conveys meaningful information to the reader without sacrificing the requirements of third party payers, and in words and phrases that allow me to express precisely what I want to say without being locked into a computer programmer's verbage. The support has been outstanding from not only the Trainers but from the engineers and server support staff as well.

Cons

I have not found any consistently negative features.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

It was the only product on the market that would allow me to express my own views in my own words which, in my opinion, is vastly more important than most software companies give physicians credit for. I have grown more impressed with longer use as its features become more apparent and as I have had an opportunity to experience consistently exemplary support.

Maria Chela from Central Medical Clinic

Praxis EMR is THE BEST

Amazing and absolutely exceptional! I am SO happy that I chose Praxis!

Pros

Praxis allows me to document each of my clinical notes the way I really want, in my own style and words, fast and efficiently. Praxis enables me to reference and use my old clinical notes efficiently and properly to write new, accurate and individualized notes as I see patients. I actually really enjoy using it, unlike many of the doctors I know who find using their EMRs frustrating and burdensome. The customer service and support that Praxis provides is the absolute BEST I have experienced. From the time I inquired with Praxis, to purchasing the system, and training to use it, the support that different members of the Praxis team has given me and my staff has been consistently prompt, supportive and knowledgeable.

Cons

Nothing, I just wish that I discovered Praxis sooner than I did.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

When I was inquiring with different EMR companies, some of them did not even return my calls or respond to my inquiries. The Praxis sales agent contacted me promptly after I inquired with their company, and provided great customer service. When I found out further that Praxis EMR had all the features that I was looking for, I was sold,and I have been a happy customer ever since!

Steve from Piedmont Pediatrics

Praxis is the by far the best, most intuitive EMR I've ever used.

Pros

We transitioned to Praxis one year ago and the implementation was surprisingly smooth. Once Praxis begins to learn you and you continue to save more notes, charting begins to simply take care of itself. Where I used to be in the office until 7:00 or later charting, I now often leave the office at 5:30 with all my charts, phone calls, refills, etc... done. Since Praxis doesn't require you to click through templates, I get to spend the visit with the patient making eye contact not stuck behind a computer. Reimbursements continue to become more and more value based. Praxis easily helps you make sure you are hitting your benchmarks with the documentation to back it up. By utilizing a practice management solution that typically partners with Praxis, we are working on essentially automating the billing process. The ultimate EMR would be one that, when it is working at it's best, you would barely know that it was there. Instead you simply find yourself practicing medicine with a tool helping you do so efficiently and with excellence. In my experience Praxis is the only EMR that begins to fill that goal.

Cons

No EMR is perfect. Praxis has been beyond responsive to our requests for improvements. They are driven by the users and creating the best experience possible. It has been refreshing to have a software company listen to our concerns as opposed to telling what we want.

Edwin from Medical Sleep Solutions

Excellent System. We would never go back to paper.

It allowed us to have notes that "sounded like us", not like some robot. It is easy to change the "templates" as we go along. It gives us more complete notes.

Pros

We looked at most every large vendor system and all had the same limitation, you had to use templates so the notes sounded stilted or were simply unreadable. With Praxis our notes read as though we dictated them. They flow well and convey information in the way we think. Creating your own templates will take some time but you can modify them as you work. No need to call IT or tech support. You can dictate into the system as well, I think, but we never have done that. The trainers learned our practice style, a bit about our specialty (Sleep Medicine) and we decided to set the system up differently than is normally done. It worked great and Praxis software is flexible enough that we could do that. Most importantly, once we were up and running it didn't really slow us down. It also made for more complete notes. The query bit makes it easy to search your patient base when you are doing the Performance Improvement projects that the ACOs require.

Praxis EMR Reviews

Overall, a great EMR ​has a very user-friendly interface. May require a fair amount of time up front to set it up to your own liking, as it has a smaller amount of templates compared to larger EMR. Would still recommend to all! Would like to see more continual upgrades and improvements as more people begin to use Praxis!

Pros

For someone who has always used other EMRs, Praxis was a nice change of pace with a very clean and user-friendly​ interface. After a few days of using Praxis, I found it very easy to follow and was organized in a manner that helped save me time and effort during my workday. Has some great features that automatically trigger warnings and best practice advisories depending on the patient's conditions in a given chart, which help remind a worker not to miss key parts of their patient's healthcare. Charting is fairly simple to achieve on this EMR!

Cons

Coming from a separate EMR, I initially was looking for specific features I am used to in my own EMR. Took a few days to get used to the new system as some items are not as organized as I would have liked. Additionally, as a smaller EMR,​ there has been fewer upgrades and changes as compared to larger EMRs. In that same vein, the notes templates are not as vast so it took a fair amount of time to set up each template per encounter.

Response from Infor*Med

Replied August 2019

This review is from a non-customer.

Philip from Philip Reid Oranburg MD PA

I've been extremely please with this producet

ease of use, flexibility, great support

Pros

I have found this to be a true thinking person's software. Rather than being fed a template created by someone else, the user actually creates his/her own template for differenet assessments and modifies it continually over time. In only a few months, and with excellent training support, I've found the software to already have become not just easy to use but remarkably, sometimes amazingly, predictive. I often find myself shocked at the completeness of an assessment for a new patient, and all in my own words. The support has been amazing, from the initial interaction with the Sales Force, to the Training Sessions, to the Interface Team. I don't remember ever meeting a team, in any field, that was as available, as knowledgeable, or as supportive as this one. Everyone with whom I've had contact seems to have a genuine interest in the product, and in helping me to be successful in its use. In a world where physicians are increasingly inconvenienced, it's a breath of fresh air to interact with a well-thought-out product and with a group of people who are so kind, so well-informed, and so diligent. I have no reservation in recommending this product

Cons

Nothing .

Dr Catherine from Dr Catherine Chang

Great EHR that I am able to customize to fit to my practice.

Pros

Praxis has a Concept Processor model that allows you to make your own template for problems thereby reminding me to order the appropriate tests for a specific problem. I am able to change this as time goes by. This is what attracted me to this EHR. I researched several EHR companies finally deciding on Praxis. I wanted a company that was stable and was going to be around for the future . I also wanted a program that would have the ability to change to meet the requirements of the government or physicians. Because of the government, new burdens are placed on us every year and I feel that Praxis rises up to the challenge. I started off with my own server in my office and now I am using the cloud server. Customer service is very fast and prompt. The price I feel is reasonable. No EHR is perfect but I feel that Praxis fits almost of all of my EHR needs.

Cons

EHR's are never fast enough, but Praxis does a good job in keeping up with me. I am sure every EHR user feels the same way.

Muhammad from Southwest Ohio Pain Institute

Praxis

Great team to work with, I got Praxis because one of the physician who was using it a the time had worked with Praxis since 1992-3. Now I realize that I have worked with Praxis for 12 years and understand why that physician was with the same software.

Pros

The one page chart, just like paper chart. No need to open boxes or write in different area. One page access to all patients current issues. Best customer service ever. I have been with Praxis for over 12 years and had my brother and my friends also get the software because it is easy to use, affordable and take care of the job. That I can add remove things from "template" at my will, I don't have to wait for IT to help with me.

Cons

It comes blank, so you have to make your own "templates', but I prefer this because I could set it up that was I use it and not anyone else's template.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

It is unusual compared to other template based program and develops a practice instead of just seeing patients as a number.

Badar from Anthem Medical Center

I have been a long term user and have enjoyed using it over the past 15 years

Pros

Praxis uses concept processor in place of templates which makes my notes unique and my own. I do things the way I like to do rather than following someone else templates. Once you grasp the basics the whole process becomes intuitive and very easy to follow. Praxis has kept up with changing CMS regulations and for end users that makes it very easy to meet the quality measures required by insurance companies. I have been very satisfied with Praxis over the years and find it to be a great EMR

Cons

I am a very satisfied user of Praxis and really can't think of any downside to this software. I use other EMRs in the hospitals and find them to be rather limited in view of their template format which forces you to comply with someone else thought process in filling out the template format. You end up spending a lot of time typing free text every time you want to record your own unique thought process - not so wit Praxis!

Roger Ven from wapcp

PRAXIS

It allows me to mirror my trend of thoughts. Instantly incorporate guidelines and recommendations for a particular issue or diagnosis. Studies have shown that for every hour spent on patient encounter 2 hours is spent on documenting. This process is eliminated. While most my associates have cut back on their encounters due to their current softwares. Mine increased by at least 30%.

Pros

Praxis is excellent and gets exponentially better with time. I've expectedly eliminated the need for transcription since 2000. I've minimized almost completely eliminated faxes via escript. Saved thousands of dollars a month on renting space for paper charts . Been chartless since 2006.

Cons

Praxis learns from you as you use it so if you don’t like customization and AI then go find a standardized template system. The Praxis trainers and the direct hands on involvement of the Praxis executive team, not to mention the Praxis users support group make the difference.

Ray from Paris Surgical Specialists

Why would anyone use something else

I see my colleagues using other EMR's (names withheld) who now go to work at 5:30am and 6:00am every day just to finish the charting from the previous day. I walk out of the room and 3 min later my note is done, printed, orders ready to fax to surgery center, and consults ready to go to PCP. What more do I need?

Pros

It is easier than a paper chart and my work flow has never had to change. It is absolutely intuitive. It leverages the power of the computer against the mind of the clinician. No EMR is going to make me a better doctor or make money that I don't earn. But, Praxis allows me to document what I do without extra work.

Cons

The only drawback is that the government bureaucrats try to screw everything up. But, Praxis works hard to keep doctors doctors and giving the bean counters what they want without extra work from me.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Price, functionality, company support, company integration, community of users.

Michael from Gnatt Medical Associates

Praxis gives me the tools to practice more efficiently, and record my notes more easily.

Pros

Praxis keeps getting better the more I use it. It is amazing how it adjusts to my practice. Instead of being stuck with somebody else's EMR templates, Praxis learns from how I use it. With each patient encounter, Praxis learns how I approach each diagnosis and uses this with future encounters on other patients. Documenting visits, ordering tests, generating letters and handouts, prescribing meds, complying with Medicare requirements all done easily with Praxis.

Cons

There is some time needed at the beginning to set up this EMR so it works optimally for each provider, but this investment in time is worth every minute, because forever after the program works just the way you want it to. After the initial start up, Praxis keeps learning from each encounter, so using it gets easier and the tools more powerful the more you use it.

Maria from Central Medical Clinic

I think Praxis is the BEST EMR, and their customer service and training is EXCELLENT!!!

Praxis increases the efficiency in my clinic, and helps me document my cases more thoroughly, accurately and timely. I really like it that with Praxis, I get to document my notes on an EMR exactly the way I'd like, instead of having to use fixed templates. It's also enjoyable and intuitive to use.

Pros

I like Praxis most because it lets me chart exactly the way I want, in my own words, instead of forcing a template on me. Their customer service is the best I've experienced. Their staff responds to my calls and e-mails very promptly and are always knowledgeable and helpful. This is so superior to the bad customer service that I've experienced inquiring with some other EMR companies before (late or no response to my e-mails/ phone calls, ect.). The Praxis trainer I was assigned is so excellent and supportive. I like having the flexibility and convenience of being able to do remote sessions with my trainer, and the Praxis training videos available online are great, as well.

Cons

It takes a bit of work to put in your cases into Praxis at the start, as it is template-free, but this feature is actually one of the best things about the system, once you put in the time and work to set it up properly.

Daniel from Daniel A. Shadoan, D.O.

Best for customization

The training is excellent and they are always available to help you problem solve. Instead of a monthly fee forever, they arrange financing so the monthly "fee" is paying off the program over time. Once you own it, you own it for life, only paying a small fee if you want it in the cloud.

Pros

Praxis is one of the most customizable EMRs but more than that, the more you use it the more powerful it becomes as you learn how to maximize the capabilities. Everything you enter into your chart is effectively tagged so that it comes up when you need it. An "Assessment" is a group of concepts that allow you to store ICD10 codes, pertinent positives and negatives in the history and PE, Rx's, lab/imaging orders, handouts, etc. so that when someone comes in with the same complaint in the future it is all there for you. And you can fine tune it so that you have an assessment that is as specific as you want or a differential. You write all the text so it is in your own words.

Cons

I love the software but you have to be willing to put the time in at the beginning to learn and enter your basic charting. Once you are up and running it gets better and better the more you use it.

david from Second Opinion Physician

Industry: Mental Health Care

Praxis Review

I've been using Praxis for a year. It's a pretty awesome program. The design allows docs to build templates on the fly and reuse the same templates and modify them for each patient. The templates and modifications can be saved as new templates and pulled up based on assessments. If you've got a patient with multiple assessments, then pull up one or more of the completed templates and build a report as a collection of templates. For instance if someone has elevated homocysteine, then once you've built a template for this assessment, each time another case has this imbalance, the full template can be pulled in containing diagnosis codes, patient educational info, recommended diet and lifestyle changes, meds or supplements and description of the condition. Write it once and it's there whenever you need it again.

Pros

Easy template use, smart software, great customer support.

Cons

I'm waiting for patient portal for patients to fill out history online, to be incorporated directly into chart so that no manual entries will be required for this step. It's a feature that is in the pipeline and should speed up the patient management and reporting considerably.

Julito from I40First Urgent Care

Finally, a software that helps my clinic productivity

This is my third software in four years. The first one (HF) was alright but technical support was horrible and took us months to get acquainted with the software. The next one (CM) had good technical support but was so slow. We changed our internet connection to fiberoptic and added a SAT drive to all our computers but to no avail. I was spending at least 30 minutes to complete a progress notes and I found every minute of my working hours hurrying to complete clinic notes which I always fail to complete on time. Currently on our fourth week with Praxis, things are looking good. Charts are being completed on time and I found free time to attend to other clinic duties. I have not read the operational manual yet which I am planning to do but I think at this point, I finally found a great software for my Urgent care/Primary care practice.

Pros

After the first week of use, I can complete my clinic notes within 5 minutes with a document that fully satisfy coding criteria and confident that what is documented truly reflects the events and findings of the visit. There are clinic progress notes that I can complete in less than one minute. Truly amazing.

Cons

Creating a knowledge base or series of modifiable templates is simple and easy but is not something that doctors do everyday. There is a learning curve that could get challenging. However, Praxis has plenty of training sessions online and real time support persons that guided me and my staff in every questions that we have. An actual training with the software in person by a trainor was also a big help. During the second week of use, the clinic is going good.

Robert from Robert J. Comeau, MD., Ltd.

The more you use PRAXIS the speed of the program accelerates as it learns your thought patterns.

Pros

The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR's. Having used templates before it is an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 16 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes. I go to an OB/GYN conference and learn a new treatment and at home I create a new virtual patient for my data base and throw away my notes.

August 2016

Robert from Robert J. Comeau, MD., Ltd.

August 2016

PRAXIS IS EXCELLENT!

Pros

The evolution of PRAXIS is physician directed and this is the key point. This is why PRAXIS “Kicks Ass” (please excuse the vulgarity) on all physician EMR surveys. The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR’s. Having used templates before, templates are an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 15 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes.

Cons

To find the ideal EMR is like looking for the Holy Grail you will never find it! There is no perfect EMR and they all have some problems and I have looked at many.

Marcos from Marcos Machado MD PC

Worth it

Pros

Cons

It is so customizable almost to a fault in some aspects

Price

July 2016

Donald from Pointe Coupee Internal Medicine (formerly)

July 2016

Hind sight is perfect

I was in a 2 partner practice and used praxis for 14 years. However I "gave up the ship" of private practice and was forced to switch from Praxis to one of the largest and supposed best EMR's. After one year of use, I still want to take a hammer to the computer. It is so onerous and counter intuitive. I am defiantly working an hour a day more to see the same number of patients, and have a much less impressive note

Pros

I could make the program produce notes exactly the way I want them to look. Very intuitive

Cons

That I am no longer using it. My previous negative review would be that it took a good bit of time to set up and learn Praxis, but boy was I wrong.

Russ from Earnest Foot and Ankle

Praxis

I use it every single day. Once you understand how quickly and easily you can keep improving your notes, it will save a great deal of time.

Pros

It is not just 'cut-and-paste' medical records. You improve your notes as you go, which saves a great deal of time.

Cons

Honestly, I worked in several outside clinics and used their EMR, but it is all cut-and-paste. I have used Praxis for over 17 years since I started my own practice and I have not switched for these reasons, so no negatives.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Speed is the key. That's why I chose it and still use it, to keep improving on a daily basis.

November 2013

Wesley from Wesley G Bradford, MD, MPH

November 2013

10-year Praxis user - I like its efficiency of documentation

Pros

I like Praxis' efficiency of documentation and that each encounter looks exactly the way I want it to look for each patient rather than like I just checked off an information sheet. Upgrades are online and mostly automatic, and I've always had good vendor response to questions. Praxis remembers how I want to document and manage each kind of diagnosis (I teach it what I like) for future encounters. It does seamless integration of any combination of different diagnoses into the same encounter note better than any other EMR I have seen (e.g. - keeping track of differing body-part findings). It remembers how I describe any unique chronic findings for each patient, so I don't have to re-enter them each time. It can do flowcharts, user-defined variables, health maintenance reminders (including customized chronic-disease actions I want for each patient), lab and e-prescribing integrations, and situationally-triggered reminders and reports to myself and others on the health care team. (If you find that confusing at first, just don'™t use the fancy stuff until you'™re ready. Basic encounter-documenting is easy.)

Cons

No dislikes (but I have only tried several other products I didn't like as well in other facilities)

December 2013

Clayton from Reynolds Endocrinology

December 2013

I have used it in clinical practice since its inception.

Pros

It is a complete EHR that produces SOAP notes rapidly, using the non-template concept processor. It stores information in a relational database, so all results are accessible to the SQL query process. That, combined with its extensive set of practice advisories, allows the program to conform with Medicare's Meaningful Use requirements. It has a query builder, so I can build my own queries but it also has a data miner - a set of pre-made queries that satisfies the Meaningful Use criteria (so I don't have to create queries if I don't want to). The practice advisories (aka Clinical Practice Guidelines) act as a Clinical Decision Support System. The dynamic fields feature holds special information about individual patients, such as Preferred Language and Smoking status. The Knowledge Exchanger allows one user to benefit from the work of another user by transmitting the database of the other user to be imported into the first user's EMR environment.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this program. It has been on the market for 20 years. Its development has kept up with all the requirements for a user-friendly EMR that is highly adaptable to different types of practices.

Daryoush from Center for Family Health & Education

Solution for Clinical and Organizational Compliance and Excellent Service Delivery

I recommend Praxis EMR to any practice looking for a solution that can be customized to fit your practice and the way you want to work - not dictated by preset templates.

Pros

We were searching for an adaptable system that could be tailored to our practice and our procedures. Praxis EMR has proven to be that system. We were able to create Practice Advisories which target every aspect of Clinical Measures we wish to track.

Cons

It would be great if the system could know what I am thinking - it almost feels like it does already. I simply wish we had found Praxis EMR sooner.

Edward from Urology Specialist Group LLC

Very versatile and user friendly software

Allows me to practice the way I want too

Pros

Eliminates the hassles of documentation. I can document a new patient encounter in under 30 seconds. I don't have to keep n changing screens. Can set up my PA and ARNP to practice the way I do.

Cons

seamless integration with our billing software. They are working on a patient kiosk to help eliminate paper. Can use instant medical history to help patients do H&P. Hopefully, one-day EMR's will have all options combined.

Response from Infor*Med

Replied June 2017

The Praxis Portal is here!

Nilvio from Private Practice, University Professor and Researcher in Enthalpi and Anti-Entropia

Do your medicine your way with Praxis.

I have been using Infor-med Praxis EMR since 1990 because it was not template based, and Medicine being an art, has a nuances of personalily in the way you document your work which is not possible wih templates. The learning curve was no easy because the Concept Procesor was something I never heard off. After a couple of weeks i began to imput cases with amazing expediency and precision. One thing you must do with Praxis before anything else, or be done by your staff, is to input the demographics of your practice. Nothing will work well if the demographics are not in first. It also helps to have a Virtual Review of Systems as large as possible y and the most ample signs and symptons collected form various sources. If you do these, you will only have to type one or two letters to get the appropiate word you need instead of the whole word.

Pros

Always up to date with regulations. Hence you get paid faster and get no records returned for corrections. The 3 concomittant clocks (Arrival to Office), Time spent in the examining room for the doctor and theime spent with the doctor allowes you too fix and change the flow of patients in the office. Crystaline clear documentation that protects you in case of malpractice. Faster and more patient flow since you can interact with the patient and not only a screen and keyboad. Pts. hate that impersonal interaccion. Several integrated complementary subsystems that do not permite you to miss the input

Cons

Learning curve can be reduced by having the staff impunt the statistics while the system is set up so you can begin imputing patients since day one.

Donald from Donald Krouse MD Inc

Actually fun to use

I have used two other EMR systems and they were frustrating at best; dangerous for the patient at worst.

Pros

This EMR was obviously designed by a physician. There is no mindless clicking. The system works like a doctor thinks and not like the billing department''s mentality. The medical memory produces most of the necessary note. The system also remembers the individual patient's individual exam so I don't have to re-create chronic findings for each visit. I use Praxis seamlessly with Dragon naturally speaking. Support for the EMR has been magnificent with them taking over fixing any problems in the background while I continue to see patients.

Cons

No significant cons for Praxis EMR. I am eagerly awaiting their next conversion and to see what they have added.