• Pros

• "It is easy for our providers to use. Our trainer is excellent to work with!!!"

• "Easy to learn, MA temps always pick it up very quickly. Tech support is amazing. "

• "It's very easy to adapt our paper forms into an electronic format. The trainers were accessible. I loved the use of Teamviewer!"

• Cons

• "The only drawback is that the government bureaucrats try to screw everything up. But, Praxis works hard to keep doctors doctors and giving the bean counters what they want without extra work from me. "

• "It is so customizable almost to a fault in some aspects "

• "It took me a while to really learn the program. However, the more I use it, the more I really like it and cannot think of returning to a template type of program."

Browse Praxis EMR Reviews

Julius from Amarillo UFirst Urgent Care

Best EMR for the money

I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Cons

The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I was intrigued by the knowledge based idea. A template that builds on itself.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

I found myself spending at least a third of my clinic hours completing my notes. Everyday was a catch up day for the incomplete paper works days before. I found it non very functional for my clinic needs. Real time technical support was not available and not reliable. My support staff were not happy as well.

Alkesh from Alkesh C. Amin, MD, PA

Praxis

Praxis is my 4th EMR over last 25 years of my practice and so far the best EMR that I have used, wish I had known about it years ago. In my opinion, physician can customize Praxis with little to no effort and personalize it to fit your need and satisfaction. Starting from implementation and training to go live, Praxis team was totally dedicated with one goal in mind...success of my practice. I have been using Praxis for last three months and have seen great benefit with improvement in quality care that I provide to my patients and reasons for this being true are: Less chances of making mistakes... Information available, when I need it and where I need it... Praxis learns from you, and teaching Praxis is very easy, so far Praxis has behaved as the best student... It is entirely possible that I will see financial gain over next one year by being more efficient, utilizing certain covered services now with great ease with Praxis which would not have been possible in past... Most important thing, I am enjoying myself and feel like, I got my life back...

Pros

Praxis has allowed me to be the doctor that I always wanted to be.....provide the best possible care to my patients

Cons

Sorry, so far, do not have anything negative to say about this GREAT EMR

Unique features that Praxis has, no other EMR has it

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

With increasing regulatory burden and lack of appropriate technical support, it was becoming impossible to deal with NextGen. Did I mention the cost? Believe me, I got a lot better EMR at more affordable price when I switched to Praxis.

Russell from Earnest Foot and Ankle

Praxis-high quality EMR system

Fantastic, I wouldn't have stuck with it for over 18 years.

Pros

I have used this product since I opened my practice in 2003. I have not changed as it is easy to use, and fast relative to other EMR systems that I have used at other clinics and hospitals. Speed is the key and I don't care for simple cut and paste notes at all. This is the best as you can make your notes a little faster every single day.

Cons

I didn't rate the pricing because I have no idea what that is at now. Praxis has been very good to me over the years since I purchased it as a resident just before starting my practice, so this is not a negative review, I simply don't have that information. However, the technical support is always timely and the program itself is powerful which is a money-saver.

Patricia from Whole Health Catalysts

review of Praxis

Pros

Both customer support and training are excellent. The ability to design and modify my own office visit templates and lab panels is great. I use a lot of botanicals and compounded meds in my practice, and the program is flexible to handle those. E-prescribing log is very helpful to see what has been sent.

Cons

Some of my patients have had trouble navigating the patient portal, but Praxis is addressing that issue on several fronts: releasing a new version in very near future, new video for patients on how to use the portal, and personal support when occasionally necessary.

Ronald from Compass Addiction Services

If it's time to get the best...

We've been using it for almost a year now and it has proven to be simply outstanding. We have physicians, counselors, lab technicians, and clerical personnel using it without any issues. The customer support people and implementation process are very friendly, very thorough, and again very user-friendly. Simply put...treat yourself to using this product!!

Pros

It's produced by physicians, for physicians (and other medical providers). Extremely user-friendly without the frustration of having been produced by a non-medical creator. The seemingly novel idea of having the medical record constantly building on itself is primo.

Cons

Honestly, nothing...other than I had to wait to be able to use it (i.e. until our practice grew enough)!

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Honestly, it was their reputation. I had heard about them for 3-4 years and yearned to be able to implement them, but we were just too small to justify such a big investment. Once our situation turned around, it was the first purchase we made...I finally got my prize.

Heidi from Heidi Heras MD PC

Best in the industry!

No more lost charts, messaging and prescriptions are a breeze. The price is affordable even for a solo practitioner like myself. Made the investment of having them come out to help me set up my system which was a game changer. I was up and running full speed within just a few days. Praxis support has always been quick to any issue that arises. I migrated to the cloud version which allows me to easily access charts from my phone, tablet or computer from anywhere I have a connection. It

Pros

I have used several EMRs in my medical career and nothing comes close to allowing me to practice medicine in an efficient way like Praxis does. I am in command of my charts much like a paper chart but with the practicality of EMR. My templates can be updated and changed with ease even from a current patient visit. No more calling tech support to change something that is not quite right about an encounter template, I can adjust it easily in real time. When we do have tech issues, they are quickly on the case to resolve any issues. I use the cloud version so I can access from any location. It is so fast to use that I am done with charting when the patient leaves the room. It is obvious that it was created by a practitioner, who knows what functions we need to practice more efficiently. They continue to make improvements to Praxis and use customer feedback to enhance version updates. Cannot say enough about Praxis!

Cons

none - It's so robust I am still learning all the functionality

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

By far the best value for the money.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Went from group practice to solo practice. Allscripts was cumbersome to use and too expensive for a private pratitioner. I also have to use ICentra at our hospital and find myself dreading the days we have to book surgeries or labs. It has created so much more work for the doctors that I know several colleagues considering early retirement as the "paperwork" in the EMR is just too cumbersome and time consuming. Many of the EMRs have taken the enjoyment out of the practice of medicine.

David from Galbraith Family Medicine, LLC

Best EMR for customization

With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

Pros

Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

Cons

I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

We wanted control of our records and billing, and wanted to avoid templates we had to chart around instead of building the data in a way useful to us, our patients and our specialist colleagues. We also wanted the customization of how we bill and interact digitally with labs and other outside agencies such as state immunization programs.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

We became the owners of our practice and had the flexibility to make EMR decisions. We needed an EMR that produced useful information in taking care of patients

Amor from Amor Mehta MD - Neurology Center for Epilepsy and Seizures, LLC

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

Cons

nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

non template based system designed by physicians that works for physicians - not billers/administrators who are non-healthcare professionals

Frederick from Martin Family Medicine

Updated Praxis Review

Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

Pros

Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Praxis was more intuitive and learned with each use.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Athena was too expensive to operate. Fees were high.

Ajeeb from TRWC

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

Pros

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

Cons

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I own the product and host it on my own server which I prefer and also cost was more attractive and the reviews were good for Family Practice for the product!

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

I started on my own from a hospital practice.

Todd from Adirondack Osteopathy, PLLC

More than 6 months of intensely scrutinizing multiple EMRs ===> PRAXIS IS HEADS ABOVE ALL OTHERS

As an FP that has a 100% Osteopathic Manipulation Practice, I consider myself to be a specialist and as such, most of the information I collect is very specific. I have been able to tailor PRAXIS to enable me to collect very specific information from each specific patient for each specific complaint to enable me to fully document the specifics of each condition being treated and be able to track the changes as treatment progresses. And the BEST PART..... PRAXIS makes this incredibly easy to do even in real time, while the patient is in front of me still affording me sufficient time to treat the patient and schedule a followup in a 30 min visit. Utilizing the Concept Processor in PRAXIS, I can focus on my HPI and changes that have occurred since the last visit and once I choose my ASSESSMENT, which most of us have already started developing a differential of before even entering the exam room, PRAXIS already has 90% of the rest of the note completed. I have worked with a slew of other EMRs and have NEVER been able to accomplish this on any other platform which have all relegated me to taking a grossly abbreviated HPI that would need to be substantially bolstered upon which I would subsequently have to complete the rest of the note. One of the more AMAZING parts of using PRAXIS is that this EMR GROWS WITH YOU. It changes on the fly to adapt to the progressive changes you make in the ways you practice medicine. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE BETTER THAN THAT???

Pros

PRAXIS has met all CMS Certifications from it's inception and continues to meet all evolving CMS Certifications including HITECH Certification and ONC-ATCB Meaningful Use Certification. PRAXIS is THE MOST UNIQUE and ADAPTIVE EMR I have ever seen... (Concept Processing - AMAZING) - PRAXIS gets better at autopopulating your note every time you use it - PRAXIS will actively remind you and queue you to .... ask specific questions for each condition being assessed/ perform assessment specific procedures / script assessment specific medications / schedule Automation of Health Screening Recommendations.....AND SO MUCH MORE PRAXIS allows you to embed easily selectable discreet variables into all all aspects of charting including HPI Collection, Physical Exam, Procedure Documentation, and Post-Visit Instructions and others...... Your note is 90% complete once you determine your assessment or even your treatment. PRAXIS facilitates clinical research secondary to the ability to embed discreet variables and query the results of each embedded variable...... As an Osteopathic Physician practicing 100% Osteopathic Manipulation, this simple fact caused some palpitations. One of the toughest things facing my profession is substantiating the benefits of Osteopathy. I have absolutely no doubts that I am providing substantial benefit to my patients and I am confident that they will echoe me on this. Thanks to PRAXIS, my profession finally ......cont below in Cons......

Cons

SIMPLY THAT I DIDN'T FIND IT FIRST..... OH HOW I WISH THIS HAD BEEN MY FIRST EMR The old saying that anything that is worthwhile is worth the effort is certainly true. I am incredibly thankful for the downtime afforded me by COVID because I was busier catching up on my billing and notes from my previous EMR and searching for a new EMR than I was when I was working two full time jobs and it is likely that I would not have been able to carve that time out under any other conditions. I had settled on two other EMRs before buying PRAXIS, ONLY BECAUSE I HAD NOT SEEN PRAXIS YET and neither of those other EMRs were CEHRT / HITECH / ONC-ATCB Certified. Being BRUTALLY HONEST.... the front end learning curve on this EMR is definitely steeper than most BUT you will reap the rewards in SPADES for the rest of your professional career. The Training Staff is OUTSTANDING and AVAILABLE, that's right, I said...... A V A I L A B L E and O U T S T A N D I N G AND YES..... I understand that this is where I'm supposed to be discussing the CONS....... cont from PROS:.... has a platform to be able to conduct broad evidence based research studies to be able to substantiate the benefits of Osteopathic Manipulation that every Traditional Osteopath and their patients have already experienced. I HAVE ONLY COVERED A FRACTION OF THE BENEFITS OF PRAXIS.... Please arrange for a DEMO so you can see the possibilities for yourself. NOT ALL EMRs ARE CREATED EQUAL and PRAXIS is PROOF

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Every 10 hour day in the office resulted in a minimum of 5 hours of charting after the fact.

Anil from AK Thomas, MD

A great emr that will keep improving your pratice, keep improving your speed, and save you time

The overall Praxis experience has been fantastic. I wanted an EMR that would grow and flow with the way I think and mature with my clinical acumen and practice, and I found it with Praxis! Praxis is my best friend and has kept me enjoying my practice. I am saving anywhere from $24,000 to $36,000 a year by using Praxis EMR, and the system gives me immense pleasure every day just charting. Other EMRs I've seen keep changing the layout, without improving the system. Praxis just gets better over time.

Pros

Praxis is an EMR that leanrs the way you think and keeps getting better the more you use it. Praxis will keep saving you an immense amount of time. It makes MIPS easy to do because the reporting can be incorporated in your assessment. You don't need a separate person doing it for you. Praxis will remind you when you need to do certain tests such as a lung nodule, it will remind you about repeating a CT scan or chest X-Ray in a year. What other EMR software does that? As you learn new treatment modalities once you teach Praxis, it will bring it up in any similar clinical setting. It's amazing. Praixs is like training your own PA, but better than humans, Praxis will never make a mistake.

Cons

There is always help online within minutes for any issue, it is only click away. The Praxis engineers are excellent and are there for you in a blink of an eye To get started, you need to be trained by Praxis, and they have excellent trainers. They are always there to help you and improve the process as Praxis comes as empty canvas at first. Much like art, as you begin drawing on it, you keep improving the painting. If you don't want to spend the time teaching Praxis you can import medical knowledge from a similar provider or practice. Most of all the money you save is immense.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Praxis is a wonderful system to use, and I love the way it learns from me.

George from George De Loach, D.O.

20+ year Praxis user

As an early adopter of new technology back in late 90s, I began to integrate voice recognition which was Kurzweil, now dragon, and praxis EMR. For the first several years I had a love-hate relationship with this technology. As I look back I did not spend enough time making the program work for me in my practice. But I did know that it helped with my transcription costs and I was able to realize how to document in order for me not to get denied the services I rendered to my patients. The pressure to use the EMRs was turned up about 10 years ago by insurance companies trying to deny payment for lack of documentation, Worker's Compensation insurance companies could not get enough of paper documentation, and the Medicare push was beginning. The praxis team has worked diligently to improve this electronic medical record software to become helpful with dealing with the government rules and regulations, new twists on insurance requirements, and providing education. At the orthopedic trade shows I have seen products that seem very slick, but after quizzing them on costs, integration with your billing software, customizability, and other intricacies that praxis has already seen and dealt with, there was no need to go to a major expense to try another product.

Pros

After understanding the concept processing. the ability to customize and make the program work for me and my practice. It is not a cut and paste or a T-sheet (popular back in the day). It gave me more time to spend with my patients and not as data entry clerk. eliminated transcription costs, improved accuracy in billing and level of service. Integrated with my office management software.

Cons

As with anything new back 20 years ago, it was all strange and new. Now with upgrades and enhancements I cannot think of any. I wish I went to the cloud version when they asked me to several years ago.

Stephen from TriState Occupational Medicine

Excellent EMR

Great setup team who teaches how to use the product. Great support when you have questions later. Charting MY way not the way some software designer thinks I should. I cannot stress that point. It is s smooth training process and as you are learning the system you are also setting it up for easier charting at the same time.

Pros

Strong software with a wide range of features for an incredible reasonable price. It grows as you use it so it begins to basically automate your charting more and more as you go. In an office setting it can end up taking care of your charting, prescriptions and patient instructions very quickly and easily. The ability to customize your charting and patient instructions is super valuable. Some other EMRs do not allow that much freedom in the way they work but Praxis lets you do your exams YOUR way. You can organize the notes to the way you are used to charting. Not sure how to do it..no problem, they have the team that will take you through it. Their training team and support are incredible. Tired of trying to manage code for billing? It does it for you. It helps make sure your codes are correct taking a big burden off of you in the charting process.

Cons

I guess something has to go here to complete the review, so, let me think.....I guess it wasn't free...LOL.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Very affordable price for the large amount of features it offers. Nothing else offered as much for such a great price. The people were up front and very helpful. The owner gets personally involved in helping with the decision process and even helped in the training. Again, being able to chart MY way was a necessity and this allows me to do that. Also, they did allow access to videos of the product to let you see if it was even something you are interested in before talking to the sales team. When going through the demo process there was no pressure. Some companies really press with hard sales tactics. Praxis team is friendly and does a good job to present a valuable product and help you decide it is right for you without pressure. They make sure it is your decision and that you will be happy with it.

Stephen from Mountain Valley Medical Center

Praxis; Does it truly MEASURE up?

In private practice it has become harder and harder to see the number of patient to pay for the number of staff it takes to oversee the criteria and mandates the Health Insurers are placing on us as Primary Care Physicians. As gatekeepers, we are to direct care, manage refferals, keep track of multiple complex chronic medical issues, remind patients of preventive measures, recommend screening procedures and provide the documentation needed to submit for authorizations (the day of "Diabetes Well Controlled" documentation is long gone, if we need to substantiate for example then number of gluccometer test strips, our documentation must provide the necessary wording, we've become more and more liable for delay in diagnosis or missed screening tests that the only salvation is a EMR that allows customized documentation so that it meets to criteria of the Insurers, dodges the Malpractice lawyers and keeps the PCP organized so as to quickly, efficiently and without the necessity of wasting time trolling thru notes, the ability to followup on multiple medical issues

Pros

-Practice Medicine not Typing -ease of use -custom (I'm not using someone's else words that Lawyers would use to their advantage) -quick (it documents exactly how physicians thinks ie. the statement "Diabetes, well controlled), to an experienced practitioner that means "Diabetic with A1c at or around 7, recent normal Diabetic Eye exam, Diabetic foot exam without anomalies, hypertension, renal and lipid panel at goal, (and so the concept "Diabetes, well controlled documents exactly that -learns from the provider that then is used with a slightly different patient. Then, should you see another patient whom also is Diabetic, well controlled except with retinopathy, it becomes easy then to document that, again in seconds but remember your wording in your refferal, all the ICD 10 and CPT codes (or differences), to be used next time (it builds from your knowledge base -remembers specifics of patients (how many Consultant notes have you read that documents "bilateral pedal pulses" [in a patient that has a left BKA], Praxis will not let you make that response, whether it's a tattoo on the left arm or right eye droop (again it will be obvious that you are just putting in canned exams or review of systems -up bills (how often do you bill less than what you actually should because you are afraid, Praxis will let you bill for your time, your number of complex medical issues, -Pay for Performance, EMR that lets you actually practice better quality medicine, easily, quickly, efficiently

Cons

The time up front it takes to customize but unlike "Template EMR", Praxis builds of your concepts and actually becomes faster and faster (ie document medicine at the speed of thought), with Template, no matter how long you use it, it's going to take you the same time "searching for the canned statement, clicking, pecking", with Praxis, it documents exactly how a doctor thinks, in concepts so that instead of thinking (then documenting in words), your document in concepts, when we walk into an exam room we don't waste time asking every ROS question, we hone in on our Ddx then our questions (and subsequent documentation) is in concepts, "Document at the speed of thought"

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

ease of use remembers specifics learns on the fly (tattoo on the left buttock) then never forgets till you tell it to cost quick support accuracy speed evolves with new documentation requirments Pay for Performence (makes it easy) Measures (not any other EMR comes close to ease)

David from Mesa Family Physicians

A snapshot of nearly 25 year history with Praxis

I started out as a single user back in the mid 1990s looking at various possible EMRs, I purchased it and later when they came out with a multiuser version, bought that in 1998 with up to 10 users. There was no compelling reason to use an EMR then and I saw them go from an access database to Oracle, and went from my first onsite large professional server, to another and eventually to cloud based, which has taken away the responsibility I had to maintain the hardware. Now any issues with hardware on any of the computers in our office can be addressed and fixed with a simple call to our cloud support. For praxis issues, contacting someone is as easy as clicking on a box in the program and within seconds, someone is chatting with us and can record whatever issue we have to get to support . Within a very short time our issues are taken care of, and we since we pay a very nominal annual support fee, we never have to worry about being nickled and dimed every time we call. Any of the providers or medical assistants can generate a chat session to report their issues. For new users, they have many training videos, as well as one on one training from experienced trainers. Since I started out with version 2.0 and they are now up to version 8, I have seen the program grow and new features that other users have suggested have been incorporated into the program.

Pros

This software lets the physician practice the way he thinks, not the way a programmer says he has to. It is organized with "assessments" which can be anything from what other software might call a template, to just a unique item of thought. For instance if I see someone for a minor acute issue, but also note they have diabetes and haven't been in for a while and need labs, I have an assesment that I can click and it will create an order for their diabetic lab work that is due. I also am able to create chronic assessments for my diabetics, and in those I have it display the last several a1c results, their last several weights, EFGR and whatever else I want. It doesn't require me to pay a programmer to do this for me. Praxis interface department has interfaced wtih Sonora Quest labs, as well as LabCorp. While in the visit I can easily display any lab I have set up in a flow chart to review them with the patient. These features are in addition to the learning behavior of the program which allows you to easily make minor changes to an existing assessment and create a new one while in the visit for a different patient, and then save that with knowledge for future patients.

Cons

What to some people is the most daunting task of an EMR is learning how to behave the way the programmers want you to, is acutally a plus with Praxis. It lets you think they way you do, and easily create your thought process and save them for the future. There are some conditions which I rarely see, but I had to do quite a bit of effort to come up with an evaluation plan and treatment plan. I was able to save that assessment, and when a year or two later it came up again, the old one was there ready for me to use. I believe in having everyone vaccinated for the flu, and I have added an order for the flu shot to many of my assessments. It keeps popping up and reminding me to ask the question, if the patient declines, just a shift/click and I can remove it and move on. I can also add with one word in an "instruction field" a reading assignment for that patient to read "the Great Influenza" by John Barry, to understand the importance of being prepared for pandemics.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

when my partners finally decided they needed to start using an EMR instead of just paper due to government regs, they wanted something that was easy and already set up. We actually purchased one, but soon found that it didn't actually do what was advertised, and every "template" had to be created with a complicated process, you couldn't combine 'templates into a single note, just add on addendums to the "template" and everytime you wanted another it was another programming fee. Fortunately we were able to escape from that contract. Then they looked at another program that was highly rated, but the template process was very similar, and it couldn't go back and add in our laboratory database which we had been accumlating for several years. Withe the scanaway program that syncs with Praxis, they were able to continue using paper charts if they wanted, and their paper chart can be seen in the praxis program. In addition, in primary care, half of the work every day is seeing what all the specialist have done. Those faxes can be added directly into praxis, and I can look up to see what a cardiologist may have done several years ago for a patient, or whatever else was scanned into the record. I am spoiled with praxis, in that there is so much flexibility.

Philip from Philip Reid Oranburg MD PA

Unique and Outstanding Product

Praxis has made it possible to have the benefits of an EMR ( including meeting regulatory demands for reporting) without sacrificing the freedom of thought and expression for which physicians have prided themselves.

Pros

Praxis is the only EMR I have seen that has been designed with the express purpose of allowing physicians to provide increasingly effective care to patients and to communicate their clinical impressions exactly as they wish. Physicians are note asked to fit their assessments into prepackaged templates written by others, or to use names or phrases limited to those in a drop down box. Rather, the notes are created by their user, using his/her own language and style . With continued use, the notes become easier and easier to write as one note builds on another ( I think this alone is unique in the industry). Additionally, the notes serve as checklists for the physician when caring for other patients with similar problems and maintain the physician's prerogative in determining which checkpoints to include for any given clinical situation. The support team has made itself more available than any support group with whom I have worked and seems truly devoted in a most personal way to contributing to the success of this product. I think the only way to find fault with this product is to be critical without having taken the time to try to understand it.

Cons

I have no criticism . I should have tried Praxis sooner

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

All the other EMR products I reviewed would have limited my ability to assess the patient in my own way and express myself in my own style. When a referring physician reads my note, he/she knows exactly what I am thinking, and when I read re-read my own notes in follow up, it is vastly more efficient and accurate than if I had been forced to adapt to someone else's limited and predetermined options. I think any thoughtful physician who is shopping for an EMR would be remiss for not trying Praxis

Erik from Centerway Behavioral Health, LLC

Incredible Experience

I'm a few weeks into the onboarding experience. The team has been phenomenal. Multiple attentive people, and the trainer is the best. Oh.. and I had a very unusual connectivity request, and in turn.. even their subcontractors are amazing. They are teaching our clinic how to vastly improve the tele-psychiatry experience for our providers (that wasn't even in the work order or request, it was, ...hey can I get some advice, ...for free I am working with expert who is amazing, he isn't even an employee of Praxis).

Pros

So when I saw the demo, my jaw dropped... They took concepts I knew and ran with them further than I imagined possible. My next thought was... oh my... people may not easily realize what Praxis has accomplished until using the software... For context.. In residency training I was tasked with teaching patient presentations to medical student. I had some previous training in internal medicine at an Ivy League Program where I struggled with presentation skills. But due to a lot of intensive work and guidance I became very skilled (and the prior struggle lent itself to teaching students, because I could guide students having difficulty). One cornerstone was teaching students that were do not process information in written text, and if you look at a transcription of any conversation, it tends to be... run-on sentence, fragment, tangential thought, one word reply, then run-on sentence, etc. Speech is fragmentation and it needs to stay that way else it is difficult for the listener (..that is why it is so annoying when you hear an entire lecture read off long paragraphs in powerpoint). Speech patterns aside, the point is that we do not think in written text. Furthermore, as a provider gains experience, human cognition allows them to process information much faster than conscious awareness. Praxis understands this, and they built something revolutionary. Put in your information on their website and watch their demo, I would need to write 2 pages to explain it.

Cons

It took me three years to find them, and had it not been for the Coronavirus pandemic forcing me to search high and low for an ideal EMR, I would have stayed with paper charts and dictations (I hate EMRs, every one except Praxis)

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

They truly understand how to put a physicians thoughts on paper in way that takes seconds.

Steven from Chicago Pulmonary Specialists

Great EMR - No Need to Look Elsewhere

Prior EMRs have slowed my practice. My staff used to complain about how rigid the prior EMRs were. Some were very slow. I don't hear those concerns anymore since using Praxis. I am very pleased with how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Praxis listens to their customers and clearly is in my corner to help me achieve a smoother practice operation. Affordable program. Great support. Very Satisfied. Get ready to be wowed when you start Praxis.

Pros

As a small medical practice, I have used multiple EMR platforms from small now defunct companies to the mega companies that dominate the hospital world. I have been a Praxis user for several years and am thoroughly pleased with my decision to select Praxis. The platform is unlike any other EMR that I have seen. The ability for Praxis to be molded to the needs of my practice has separated this product from the rest. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a enlightening experience and I have learned much from him about EMRs, AI, and medical charting in general. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is driven with great passion in listening to his clients and their needs and then helping to problem solve any challenges that we are facing. The level of personal commitment to his customers is unparalleled. From a software perspective, the ease of setting new assessments to meet our needs was very easy and constantly evolves. The notes get smarter as we continue to use them by taking advantage of prior encounters using the same assessment. I was able to transition from a prior inferior EMR very quickly. The training team was excellent and at times we were more of a partnership in customizing to what I needed for my practice. My practice involves very complex patients, research visits, diagnostics, and other patient interaction types. While some of my needs were not built in to the program, the team worked with me quickly to come up with good solutions.

Cons

All programs continue to evolve. Praxis has been doing well to address their clients needs with periodic enhanced upgrades.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I was impressed with the online materials about Praxis that helped me better understand what makes it unique. I also spoke with others who have used it to get a one on one opportunity to ask my questions about it. Reviews are tricky to use as many are usually very negative from disgruntled people and in general I shy away from these. I am not a fan of bashing specific companies in a review so I have opted not to publicly discuss the prior EMRs that I have used. I can be contacted through my website should anyone want to contact me personally.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Regarding prior EMR companies. Frustrated that my needs were not met. Too slow. Poor customer support. Felt like these other vendors wined and dined me to get my business then very quickly abandoned us. Staff complained about problems within the program.

Michael from Rediscovery

A great EMR

An old saying: It's not what you know but what you can prove! Documentation, Documentation, Documentation. Praxis allows one to create appropriate documentation for the services rendered and billed. Praxis is HIPPA compliant. Praxis allows me to spend my time speaking to and examining patients and not staring at a computer screen during the encounter. I believe Praxis supports dictation and/or programs like Dragon Speaking; however, I am musch faster typing than I am dictating. I don't have to correct entries from word recognition programs or dictation entries.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. I can generate documentation of a high level of care with minimum time. Much faster and more accurate than dictating. Very customizable - one is not constricted/limited by preformed templates created by someone else with someone else's language/words. One can create notes that reeflect not just what one does but in a language consistent with the author. Reliable and Afordable. Less complicated/shorter learning curve than other EMRs. It is/was very adaptable to my practice which included several specialties: General & Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Primary Care and Addiction Medicine.

Cons

Praxis has electronic scripting, but is still working on excripting for controlled substances. However, Praxis is partnering with MD Toolbox for controlled substance electronic scripting until it is incorporated into Praxis' current electronic scripting. For now escripting controlled substances is an extra step, but an HL7 interface allows transfer of demographics from Praxis, so one does not have to enter patients separately in each program.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

It seems that my earlier DOS base program was being discontinued. Praxis was much more flexible for my practice which included at that time General & Thhoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, and Primary Care.

JULIE from BACK TO BASICS HEALTHCARE

PRAXIS GIVES ME GREAT DOCUMENTATION IN LESS TIME!

Exceptional! Customer service is priority. Staff are extremely responsive. During implementation, the person working with you tells you the next person you meet. Contact is made almost immediately. You are never left wondering if you are forgotten. With customer support, if they can't fix the problem, a ticket is sent to IT to assist. The problem gets resolved within 24 hours . I then receive an email. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the usual person I get on customer chat. Her follow up has been timely, complete, and exactly what I requested. A trainer is assigned at implementation to teach the system. My trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is available to me, even after initial training is complete. His availability is posted online for obtaining extra 1:1 help. He has email and text available for quick issues. He usually responds within the hour. If written communication instructions are not understood, a session invitation is extended to me. He has always been very patient, kind, and understanding. He ensures I understand the training and can reproduce processes without him. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is very involved with Praxis. He continues to improve Praxis by contacting providers for ways to make it better. He is always open, friendly, relaxed, and communicative. Before having this system, I never spoke with anybody outside customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always asking Praxis users about ways to improve his product and make it better for the end users, providers!

Pros

Praxis has so many great features that confining them to a small space is difficult. The ability to document thoroughly is at the top on the list. Praxis remembers what is written from one note to the next, so you build upon what is written from note to note. Comparison is simple because it is already there. The time saved from not having to continuously document the same thing repeatedly, frees up so much time that a complex note can be completed in less than 10 minutes. The history of the note can be pulled over from prior notes easily without multiple steps. With just 1 click, it’s there. Codes are saved within Praxis, so a simple click recalls them. They are always saved and available at the click of a button from note to note. This feature saves so much time that documentation is shortened by not having to continuously “look” for the correct code. Once it’s there, it never goes away. The last great thing about Praxis is virtually no down time with the system. I don’t think I have ever had the system go down since I have been using the system. If the system shuts itself down for security reasons or you close it by mistake, Praxis automatically saves your note so nothing is lost. This is a priceless feature, having had other systems boot me out, losing everything in the note. I am usually at the end and must start the note all over again. With Praxis it is saved automatically and you pick up where you left off.

Cons

The worst thing about Praxis is that I didn’t find it early enough in my search for an EMR to not have to go through two other systems that were disappointing and didn’t meet my needs. I have spent innumerable hours that I can never get back doing endless documentation when I could have been having time with family, friends, or a myriad of other pleasurable things instead of EMR work. I don’t feel there are any other cons of using Praxis except those associated with not finding this system sooner. Praxis gets faster and more intuitive the more you use it. this makes all the difference in the world when there is so much documentation required for reimbursement now.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I chose Praxis over these EMRs because of its functionality and the ability to write my own note in my own words without endless clicks of templates so that every patient note looks almost the same. The fact that each note builds upon the last note is a great feature because it remembers items that you may have forgotten.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

When I moved to Praxis, I was using AdvancedMD. However, since I have been practicing, I have used Practice Fusion and Kareo while looking for a better EMR system, which I was never able to find until Praxis. Every system on the market is just another version of each other—check marks and duplication from one note to the next. All notes look the same from visit to visit.

Ryan from Capital Vein & Laser Centers

Praxis is a great software

What I love most about Praxis is how the software learns from me. So, as I use Praxis it makes my charting easier and allows me to spend more time focusing on my patients, which is frankly the best part of medicine. With my old EMR system, I was literally clicking on boxes for ten minutes or more for each patient whereas now with Praxis, most patients are completely charted in minutes, depending on how fast I want to go.

Pros

The Praxis people are quite helpful and were there answering my questions when setting up the software, so that was a good experience. I am now using a tablet and they needed to show me how to use it as I had never used a mobile computer for work. Overall, Praxis's software makes it very simple to check a patient's medical history which is much better than my old system which required much more work and used outdated templates.

Cons

There is nothing I cannot do with Praxis. I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lab but they should be connected soon. Ask the Praxis people to see a demo or send the demo videos and you should have a good feeling for its clinical usefulness for your practice. Good luck to all.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

I used Nextgen and it was horrible.

Marilyn from Marilyn A. Solsky, MD, LLC

An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors

There are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks like everyone else's template that becomes cumbersome to read because of the redundancy, the support service for Praxis is phenomenal. I get answers to my questions within minutes; there is no staying on hold and being transferred to several people while someone is frantically going through the same manual you already read. Support is available after hours and sometimes I get answers late at night. When I am really stuck I get a call from one of the designers of Praxis. The Praxis executive team's suggestions and insights have been extremely helpful and their personal commitment to this software is second to none. I have used several other software platforms, both in hospitals and in the office and this is definitely the best one out there if you value accurate, original documentation that helps you provide superior care to your patients.

Pros

Should you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group chose another company that promised everything, but delivered nothing. They hated their choice. Several years ago I looked at Praxis again. The cost is now affordable and the company's commitment to maintaining a high quality EMR system that prioritizes superb patient care is still there. Other systems I've used are template driven. Coding and capturing documentation is what drives their software. Essentially they are a billing template in disguise. Praxis comes as close to producing a high quality note in exactly my own words as when I used to chart with pen and paper. It is true that initial documentation is not automatic; for the first few diagnoses I had to invest time to get the details entered. However, once I did that, future cases got faster until Praxis anticipates diagnoses and outlines a treatment plan about as quickly as I can think it. Praxis prompts me about relevant clinical elements which I may not have considered. The focus is on symptoms, impressions, and treatment; not ICD 10 codes, CPT codes, and a format that benefits the biller, not the patient.

Cons

It would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.

Mark from Harth Place Family Medicine

Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product

The most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.

Pros

A clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day. All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists. I had been using another EMR and had developed habits that were causing me to duplicate work while writing a note. On starting with PRAXIS I had to look at what I was doing and ask myself " What is the essence of this encounter, what defines it" This was the hardest step because it involved changes in my behavior, and once this was done, and it did not take long to get up and running. I had been using templates before and they were huge structures that fit no encounter, they had to be modified, whittled into shape on the fly. PRAXIS solves the problem by having smaller elements of a note which are rapidly assembled into the structure without any editing because each element is the essence. I can get a note for a diabetic exam including a foot exam before seeing the next patient. PRAXIS has a tremendous amount of automation, that diabetic patient will get an automatic recall for labs in x months. Support is excellent, there is an online portal where questions are answered. I have used this on many occasions and response is quick and interactive. Someone , is replying to your questions within a minute and since it is a two way conversation you do not get a "canned" answer. I have PRAXIS on my in house server, apparently 80% of users prefer the on line hosted version. I have used both and can find no difference in speed or utility. I will eventually migrate to hosted online version. This involves overnighting the drive to PRAXIS and you are up and running.

Cons

Nothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.

Keyvan from Shiraz Medical Group

Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers

It has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.

Pros

The use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance. With every upgrade, the system gets better, faster and it is truely better than all the EMRs that my colleagues have. I always finish the notes when I am done seeing the patients and I have access to my notes anywhere as long as I have internet access. Many of my peers who do not have Praxis EMR are not able to finish their charting due to the inefficiency of their EMR system. With Praxis EMR, the more I use it, the faster and more efficient it becomes for me to see patients. With its setup, it has allowed me to keep up with all the regulations and documentation necessary for all the insurance companies. Even my billing is faster and more efficient. I can go on and on about how wondefull this EMR is......

John from Complete Family Health Care, P.C.

Exceptional EMR Product

Patient encounters are streamlined and efficient, permitting faster delivery of quality care and increased revenue.

Pros

The program is extremely effective in documenting the physicians' evaluation and management service for individual patients. This EMR has helped make my charting bulletproof in CPT level of service coding audits. Praxis functionality is amazing in capturing point of service charges. It retains each provider's diagnostic approach and level of skill and judgement for any given symptom assessment or specific ICD-10 d aiagnosis for future use and refinement of that clinical setting. The longer you use your knowledge database, the smarter, faster and better you become.

Cons

The fact that providers must learn and apply appropriate documentation criteria for effective CPT coding skills is frequently not as attractive to physicians as the study and practice of medicine. The responsibility for accurately and completely capturing those codes remains the responsibility of the treating provider. Praxis software admirably turns this educational process into a strength of the product as it empowers users to constantly sharpen this skill set with innovative charting for coding capture.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I selected Praxis for its innovative documentation, organized and streamlined to meet evolving quality care indicators while allowing me the time I need to develop a long term rapport with the patient.

Improved productivity, documentation, Point of Service (POS) charge capture

Joshua from West Fork Family Medicine, PC

I don't have to do any progress notes when I go home after work

I finish my work quickly and I don't to work at home any more with this system. I don't ever want to give up using Praxis. I had to change from a pure template system where I could never finish my notes until I got home. Soapware was my old system.

Pros

This is an assessment-based EMR that works for the physician who needs to document the encounter. I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily. I use the "agent" function to send orders and messages throughout our work flow. This system interfaces with my local lab so my office staff are never manually scanning in paper copies of lab work. I was thrilled to note how fast my remote connection functions with Praxis, even though I don't have the fastest internet. This is not a template system, which is great. Prescribing drugs through the e-prescribe function works well and is easy to use.

Cons

I don't have a lot to say from a negative perspective. My server is housed off-site, for cyper-security reasons. We did have irregular internet problem for a period of time, which meant that we did not have access to our records. I simply had my IT team get a firewall that could handle two internet sources. I have two internet suppliers and I always have access to my remote server and Praxis. Easy solution.

Maria Chela from Central Medical Clinic

Praxis EMR is THE BEST

Amazing and absolutely exceptional! I am SO happy that I chose Praxis!

Pros

Praxis allows me to document each of my clinical notes the way I really want, in my own style and words, fast and efficiently. Praxis enables me to reference and use my old clinical notes efficiently and properly to write new, accurate and individualized notes as I see patients. I actually really enjoy using it, unlike many of the doctors I know who find using their EMRs frustrating and burdensome. The customer service and support that Praxis provides is the absolute BEST I have experienced. From the time I inquired with Praxis, to purchasing the system, and training to use it, the support that different members of the Praxis team has given me and my staff has been consistently prompt, supportive and knowledgeable.

Cons

Nothing, I just wish that I discovered Praxis sooner than I did.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

When I was inquiring with different EMR companies, some of them did not even return my calls or respond to my inquiries. The Praxis sales agent contacted me promptly after I inquired with their company, and provided great customer service. When I found out further that Praxis EMR had all the features that I was looking for, I was sold,and I have been a happy customer ever since!

Donald from Donald E. Krouse MD Inc

User friendly Non-template EMR

I have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs. Support is amazing: rapid and effective.

Pros

The progress notes are in my words with no "template language." The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps. Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients. I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit. New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.

Cons

I wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Much more intuitive. Less clicking. Not constricted by templates.

Steve from Piedmont Pediatrics

Praxis is the by far the best, most intuitive EMR I've ever used.

Pros

We transitioned to Praxis one year ago and the implementation was surprisingly smooth. Once Praxis begins to learn you and you continue to save more notes, charting begins to simply take care of itself. Where I used to be in the office until 7:00 or later charting, I now often leave the office at 5:30 with all my charts, phone calls, refills, etc... done. Since Praxis doesn't require you to click through templates, I get to spend the visit with the patient making eye contact not stuck behind a computer. Reimbursements continue to become more and more value based. Praxis easily helps you make sure you are hitting your benchmarks with the documentation to back it up. By utilizing a practice management solution that typically partners with Praxis, we are working on essentially automating the billing process. The ultimate EMR would be one that, when it is working at it's best, you would barely know that it was there. Instead you simply find yourself practicing medicine with a tool helping you do so efficiently and with excellence. In my experience Praxis is the only EMR that begins to fill that goal.

Cons

No EMR is perfect. Praxis has been beyond responsive to our requests for improvements. They are driven by the users and creating the best experience possible. It has been refreshing to have a software company listen to our concerns as opposed to telling what we want.

Atitaya from Horizon Headache Center

Early returns on investment are fantastic

Amazing

Pros

Primary number one benefit is the reduction in time I am spending on doing notes. Our clinic is a headache center so we see a lot of the same type of patient, but two months in and Praxis is helping tremendously with the paperwork. Time spent on doing notes is currently reduced 60% and as the program continues to evolve it is likely to be reduced further. We switched from EMDS to Praxis and very much wish we had made the transition sooner. The speed of the server logged into is outstanding and seamlessly connecting from home is a huge perk that we had probably undervalued. Working from home in today’s pandemic climate is even more crucial than ever. The support staff assisting with the transition has been amazing. I can’t say enough great things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as we have transitioned from EMDS to Praxis without missing a day of work. EMRs have come so far in the last 11 years and it feels like we are now back to the future. If your EMR is over 10 years old I highly encourage you to take a closer look at cloud based systems. The math (cost) and product have changed dramatically in that time and we have now moved away from our server and all of its clunkiness. We are so happy to have joined the Praxis family and can’t wait to grow our clinic with them through the years.

Cons

Waiting this long to switch from our old server based EMR Emds.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Emds was becoming cumbersome, nonfunctional, and progressively worse with every update. We were at the juncture of needing to buy a new server and continue to slog along or make change. Changing is hard. It’s a pain. There’s tons of work and takes all hands on deck but reducing my paperwork time has been worth that investment...and we are 10 weeks in.

Edwin from Medical Sleep Solutions

Excellent System. We would never go back to paper.

It allowed us to have notes that "sounded like us", not like some robot. It is easy to change the "templates" as we go along. It gives us more complete notes.

Pros

We looked at most every large vendor system and all had the same limitation, you had to use templates so the notes sounded stilted or were simply unreadable. With Praxis our notes read as though we dictated them. They flow well and convey information in the way we think. Creating your own templates will take some time but you can modify them as you work. No need to call IT or tech support. You can dictate into the system as well, I think, but we never have done that. The trainers learned our practice style, a bit about our specialty (Sleep Medicine) and we decided to set the system up differently than is normally done. It worked great and Praxis software is flexible enough that we could do that. Most importantly, once we were up and running it didn't really slow us down. It also made for more complete notes. The query bit makes it easy to search your patient base when you are doing the Performance Improvement projects that the ACOs require.

Muhammad from Harmony Medical Associates

Life Saver

Pros

I got Praxis 10 yrs ago when started my own practice. I have used a lot of different EMRs working at different hospitals, Community mental health centers, VA hospitals ,School based clinics and prison systems . I also tried some other EMRs before making decision on Praxis. I’ve enjoyed it since then .What I liked most about Praxis was an open template and I created my very own way how I want to write my notes.I hated the drop down and just click boxes EMR.I keep on adding and it learns with you and makes it easy for you to do your notes .As a psychiatrist I wanted an EMR that does not take my time away from my patients in session and I get my notes done in time and Praxis has done all that.I know praxis has a lot more features but I don’t use it for my specialty. I highly recommend try it as this is a long term commitment don’t get stuck with something you hate. Good luck

Cons

Since I got Praxis the upgrades have been adding and refining the features.Its promising as they take my feedback what helps me to improve what I am using.

Praxis EMR Reviews

Overall, a great EMR ​has a very user-friendly interface. May require a fair amount of time up front to set it up to your own liking, as it has a smaller amount of templates compared to larger EMR. Would still recommend to all! Would like to see more continual upgrades and improvements as more people begin to use Praxis!

Pros

For someone who has always used other EMRs, Praxis was a nice change of pace with a very clean and user-friendly​ interface. After a few days of using Praxis, I found it very easy to follow and was organized in a manner that helped save me time and effort during my workday. Has some great features that automatically trigger warnings and best practice advisories depending on the patient's conditions in a given chart, which help remind a worker not to miss key parts of their patient's healthcare. Charting is fairly simple to achieve on this EMR!

Cons

Coming from a separate EMR, I initially was looking for specific features I am used to in my own EMR. Took a few days to get used to the new system as some items are not as organized as I would have liked. Additionally, as a smaller EMR,​ there has been fewer upgrades and changes as compared to larger EMRs. In that same vein, the notes templates are not as vast so it took a fair amount of time to set up each template per encounter.

Response from Christopher

Replied July 2020

Tina from DBA Wildflower Women's Center

Praxis EMR first 4 months

Frustrating training. Very slow. Not consistent. Very robust in what it can do. But I think it will take me a while until I get to the point that I can really appreciate it. The concept pf the processer is great.

Pros

It is different in that every thing is set up in one page for a SOAP note instead of having different windows for the note, the diagnosis , meds, etc. This is easier than flipping around the chart. Also, when you put something in the note, such as the prescription, or a referral, it sends it when you close the note. So you aren't having to do something twice.

Cons

It is different as it is set up so the processor needs to "learn" what you do to help you write notes. You have a full note available and then activate or deactivate what pertains. Unfortunately the Plan section is a little disjointed and doesn't have this ability. In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter". There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. And my training had no idea why it is like that or how to help me know which way other than wrote memory. So the training is very uphill and the setting up of "assessments", their idea of templates, is very cumbersome. So I think that once I get there, it will be very useful . The other big downfall is that it is runs very slow. They recently migrated to Postgress to fix this, but I don't see a difference except there seem to be fewer crashes.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

I liked the concept of the processer and that you can do all functions from one screen and don't have to go to different places for each function.

Moved.

Dr Catherine from Dr Catherine Chang

Great EHR that I am able to customize to fit to my practice.

Pros

Praxis has a Concept Processor model that allows you to make your own template for problems thereby reminding me to order the appropriate tests for a specific problem. I am able to change this as time goes by. This is what attracted me to this EHR. I researched several EHR companies finally deciding on Praxis. I wanted a company that was stable and was going to be around for the future . I also wanted a program that would have the ability to change to meet the requirements of the government or physicians. Because of the government, new burdens are placed on us every year and I feel that Praxis rises up to the challenge. I started off with my own server in my office and now I am using the cloud server. Customer service is very fast and prompt. The price I feel is reasonable. No EHR is perfect but I feel that Praxis fits almost of all of my EHR needs.

Cons

EHR's are never fast enough, but Praxis does a good job in keeping up with me. I am sure every EHR user feels the same way.

Muhammad from Southwest Ohio Pain Institute

Praxis

Great team to work with, I got Praxis because one of the physician who was using it a the time had worked with Praxis since 1992-3. Now I realize that I have worked with Praxis for 12 years and understand why that physician was with the same software.

Pros

The one page chart, just like paper chart. No need to open boxes or write in different area. One page access to all patients current issues. Best customer service ever. I have been with Praxis for over 12 years and had my brother and my friends also get the software because it is easy to use, affordable and take care of the job. That I can add remove things from "template" at my will, I don't have to wait for IT to help with me.

Cons

It comes blank, so you have to make your own "templates', but I prefer this because I could set it up that was I use it and not anyone else's template.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

It is unusual compared to other template based program and develops a practice instead of just seeing patients as a number.

Barbara from Mountain Medical Management Group, Inc

Easy to use EMR

Increase charting speed, accurate documentation for the E/M codes billed, reminds provider things needed for certain problems.

Pros

It allows the providers to chart the way they think. They are able to create a note, save and reuse again and again for the same problem.

Cons

The program is allows providers and staff to improve their assessment. It is not bound by someone else's way of documenting notes.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Again, allows providers to chart the way they think.

Badar from Anthem Medical Center

I have been a long term user and have enjoyed using it over the past 15 years

Pros

Praxis uses concept processor in place of templates which makes my notes unique and my own. I do things the way I like to do rather than following someone else templates. Once you grasp the basics the whole process becomes intuitive and very easy to follow. Praxis has kept up with changing CMS regulations and for end users that makes it very easy to meet the quality measures required by insurance companies. I have been very satisfied with Praxis over the years and find it to be a great EMR

Cons

I am a very satisfied user of Praxis and really can't think of any downside to this software. I use other EMRs in the hospitals and find them to be rather limited in view of their template format which forces you to comply with someone else thought process in filling out the template format. You end up spending a lot of time typing free text every time you want to record your own unique thought process - not so wit Praxis!

Roger Ven from wapcp

PRAXIS

It allows me to mirror my trend of thoughts. Instantly incorporate guidelines and recommendations for a particular issue or diagnosis. Studies have shown that for every hour spent on patient encounter 2 hours is spent on documenting. This process is eliminated. While most my associates have cut back on their encounters due to their current softwares. Mine increased by at least 30%.

Pros

Praxis is excellent and gets exponentially better with time. I've expectedly eliminated the need for transcription since 2000. I've minimized almost completely eliminated faxes via escript. Saved thousands of dollars a month on renting space for paper charts . Been chartless since 2006.

Cons

Praxis learns from you as you use it so if you don’t like customization and AI then go find a standardized template system. The Praxis trainers and the direct hands on involvement of the Praxis executive team, not to mention the Praxis users support group make the difference.

Ray from Paris Surgical Specialists

Why would anyone use something else

I see my colleagues using other EMR's (names withheld) who now go to work at 5:30am and 6:00am every day just to finish the charting from the previous day. I walk out of the room and 3 min later my note is done, printed, orders ready to fax to surgery center, and consults ready to go to PCP. What more do I need?

Pros

It is easier than a paper chart and my work flow has never had to change. It is absolutely intuitive. It leverages the power of the computer against the mind of the clinician. No EMR is going to make me a better doctor or make money that I don't earn. But, Praxis allows me to document what I do without extra work.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Price, functionality, company support, company integration, community of users.

Daniel from Daniel A. Shadoan, D.O.

Best for customization

The training is excellent and they are always available to help you problem solve. Instead of a monthly fee forever, they arrange financing so the monthly "fee" is paying off the program over time. Once you own it, you own it for life, only paying a small fee if you want it in the cloud.

Pros

Praxis is one of the most customizable EMRs but more than that, the more you use it the more powerful it becomes as you learn how to maximize the capabilities. Everything you enter into your chart is effectively tagged so that it comes up when you need it. An "Assessment" is a group of concepts that allow you to store ICD10 codes, pertinent positives and negatives in the history and PE, Rx's, lab/imaging orders, handouts, etc. so that when someone comes in with the same complaint in the future it is all there for you. And you can fine tune it so that you have an assessment that is as specific as you want or a differential. You write all the text so it is in your own words.

Cons

I love the software but you have to be willing to put the time in at the beginning to learn and enter your basic charting. Once you are up and running it gets better and better the more you use it.

Michael from Gnatt Medical Associates

Praxis gives me the tools to practice more efficiently, and record my notes more easily.

Pros

Praxis keeps getting better the more I use it. It is amazing how it adjusts to my practice. Instead of being stuck with somebody else's EMR templates, Praxis learns from how I use it. With each patient encounter, Praxis learns how I approach each diagnosis and uses this with future encounters on other patients. Documenting visits, ordering tests, generating letters and handouts, prescribing meds, complying with Medicare requirements all done easily with Praxis.

Cons

There is some time needed at the beginning to set up this EMR so it works optimally for each provider, but this investment in time is worth every minute, because forever after the program works just the way you want it to. After the initial start up, Praxis keeps learning from each encounter, so using it gets easier and the tools more powerful the more you use it.

Maria from Central Medical Clinic

I think Praxis is the BEST EMR, and their customer service and training is EXCELLENT!!!

Praxis increases the efficiency in my clinic, and helps me document my cases more thoroughly, accurately and timely. I really like it that with Praxis, I get to document my notes on an EMR exactly the way I'd like, instead of having to use fixed templates. It's also enjoyable and intuitive to use.

Pros

I like Praxis most because it lets me chart exactly the way I want, in my own words, instead of forcing a template on me. Their customer service is the best I've experienced. Their staff responds to my calls and e-mails very promptly and are always knowledgeable and helpful. This is so superior to the bad customer service that I've experienced inquiring with some other EMR companies before (late or no response to my e-mails/ phone calls, ect.). The Praxis trainer I was assigned is so excellent and supportive. I like having the flexibility and convenience of being able to do remote sessions with my trainer, and the Praxis training videos available online are great, as well.

Cons

It takes a bit of work to put in your cases into Praxis at the start, as it is template-free, but this feature is actually one of the best things about the system, once you put in the time and work to set it up properly.

Ed from MSS

The most easily adaptable software out there

Praxis is exactly what we needed. We are Sleep Medicine docs so we deal with relatively few diagnoses so this works great. I have no idea how it would work for neurology, IM, etc. I suspect quite well.

Pros

We can make changes on the fly and don't need IT to do that for us. We can have different "templates" for each clinician that they can customize themselves. The product reads like a dictation. We use scribes and this is a very easy system to adapt to that. Once you understand the logic behind the software it is quite brilliant.

Cons

No real complaints. You have to be prepared to create your own "templates" but it is worth it to have it just like you want it. Like all software there will be a learning curve, but it is fairly intuitive. Support has been great.

Reasons for Choosing Praxis EMR

Ease of use and customization.

Julito from I40First Urgent Care

Finally, a software that helps my clinic productivity

This is my third software in four years. The first one (HF) was alright but technical support was horrible and took us months to get acquainted with the software. The next one (CM) had good technical support but was so slow. We changed our internet connection to fiberoptic and added a SAT drive to all our computers but to no avail. I was spending at least 30 minutes to complete a progress notes and I found every minute of my working hours hurrying to complete clinic notes which I always fail to complete on time. Currently on our fourth week with Praxis, things are looking good. Charts are being completed on time and I found free time to attend to other clinic duties. I have not read the operational manual yet which I am planning to do but I think at this point, I finally found a great software for my Urgent care/Primary care practice.

Pros

After the first week of use, I can complete my clinic notes within 5 minutes with a document that fully satisfy coding criteria and confident that what is documented truly reflects the events and findings of the visit. There are clinic progress notes that I can complete in less than one minute. Truly amazing.

Cons

Creating a knowledge base or series of modifiable templates is simple and easy but is not something that doctors do everyday. There is a learning curve that could get challenging. However, Praxis has plenty of training sessions online and real time support persons that guided me and my staff in every questions that we have. An actual training with the software in person by a trainor was also a big help. During the second week of use, the clinic is going good.

Barry from Barry Richter GYN

The best thing I have done for workflow at my practice

Highly efficient charting. Complete, fast, attractive and (positive) attention grabbing reporting to referring physicians. Outstanding customer support. Overall an "outlier" experience in terms of software.

Pros

Most of my patients are referred. I am now able to generate a complete report by the time the patient leaves my practice. This has endeared me to referring physicians. Insurance companies are very satisfied by the reports I am generating. Unbelievably, this administrative part of my practice is now fun and my speedy and high level reporting is a source of pride to our whole practice. Charting is easy and intuitive. Colleagues not using Praxis are usually quite envious of my software.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like about Praxis.

Reasons for Switching to Praxis EMR

Not happy working with unwieldy templates.

david from Second Opinion Physician

Industry: Mental Health Care

Praxis Review

I've been using Praxis for a year. It's a pretty awesome program. The design allows docs to build templates on the fly and reuse the same templates and modify them for each patient. The templates and modifications can be saved as new templates and pulled up based on assessments. If you've got a patient with multiple assessments, then pull up one or more of the completed templates and build a report as a collection of templates. For instance if someone has elevated homocysteine, then once you've built a template for this assessment, each time another case has this imbalance, the full template can be pulled in containing diagnosis codes, patient educational info, recommended diet and lifestyle changes, meds or supplements and description of the condition. Write it once and it's there whenever you need it again.

Pros

Easy template use, smart software, great customer support.

Cons

I'm waiting for patient portal for patients to fill out history online, to be incorporated directly into chart so that no manual entries will be required for this step. It's a feature that is in the pipeline and should speed up the patient management and reporting considerably.

Marcos from Marcos Machado MD PC

Worth it

Pros

Cons

It is so customizable almost to a fault in some aspects

Price

Robert from Robert J. Comeau, MD., Ltd.

The more you use PRAXIS the speed of the program accelerates as it learns your thought patterns.

Pros

The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR's. Having used templates before it is an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 16 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes. I go to an OB/GYN conference and learn a new treatment and at home I create a new virtual patient for my data base and throw away my notes.