Browse Psyquel Reviews

Danielle from Fox Valley Institute for Growth and Wellness

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very user friendly and supported by a friendly and knowledgeable team!

A team that is off-site to professionally and efficiently help us manage our client appointments, claims, insurance and patient payments, data to help us with analysis and new business projections to help us grow our business and services.

Pros

How easy it is to use, the layout of the information, message boards, and the ability to email/text client's appointment reminders and billing statements.

Cons

Reports are great as a pdf, need to be better formatted for excel. The schedule could be made easier to view in regards to seeing the time we are scheduling appointments. Red flag feature that would help the Psyquel support team and us to better identify and correct a claim is not properly electronically processed by the insurance provider, causing the EOB to be incorrect. This would also help if we had a report that would let us know Psyquel corrected the claim incase it impacts our patient record data - ie: provider income etc.

Kristin from Transformational Growth

Psyquel Review

Here is my honest opinion about Psyquel and I have been with them for approximately three years. Being able to submit claims is easy. The price is fairly reasonable. The e-mail reminders are great. I had a lot of issues with the representatives for a while as I was being switched to a different person every few months. Since I have had rep however the last six months I've been way happier. She is easy to communicate with and gets back to me quickly. She's really what's kept me using Psyquel because having a good point person is important. Rep is however also really good about hearing needs and getting back quickly when there is an issue. In regards to things I wish they did or had, it would be nice if they did verification for clients, especially at the beginning of the year. Sometimes the initial verifications can take too long and I end up having to do it myself as well because the client is coming in and I need to be able to tell them what their copay is. Text reminders would also be nice as I know some programs offer e-mail and text options. I do have to keep track of all the billing myself, which is twice as much work because sometimes there are mistakes or things are missed. I however have heard this is something that happens with a lot of billing companies. Overall, it seems they have made some changes in the last year and I am happier with them.

Pros

E-mail reminders, scheduling calendar, claims submitted easily

Cons

Billing mistakes, doesn't offer reverifications for client's whose insurance has changed or beginning of the year insurance changes

Deanna from Sierra Counseling & Neurotherapy

Working with Psyquel has been very beneficial and the employees at Psyquel are very supportive.

Pros

The text messaging and email feature for patient recall appointments. Input of data is very user friendly and whenever I have any questions about Psyquel my representative is always available for a quick email or call back if unable to answer immediately. If I am ever in a bind the team at Psyquel is always friendly and helpful if something more immediate is needed they will find someone whom can address any questions or concerns. I have worked with Psyquel for nearly two years and as a provider office which does mostly all of the job duties internally the software operates well for reporting purposes and functions by way of the reporting menu.

Cons

Some of the billing areas are sometimes hard to navigate, but my representative is always available as an excellent support. One of the rep has exemplary customer service people skills. I would like to have an easier report for daily functions that indicates only the payments posted to Psyquel each day ...so the Cash total, Check total, Credit Card total, Direct Deposit total and Daily Total is indicated on one report without the posting of charges inclusive. Also for reporting purposes the ability to include or exclude certain providers when running reports to be able to better pinpoint certain things the designated providers only.

Stephen from Stephen A. Joffe, MSW, LCSW

The product has been very helpful for billing and electronic medical records.

Pros

I like that it is web based and a cloud product, so it eliminated my need for filing cabinets. It was easy to use. The product has worked very well for billing and i have gotten paid by insurance companies quickly and accurately. Customer service representative and management have been very responsive to my feedback.

Cons

There needs to be more investment in software upgrading and in quicker turn around for suggestions to modify and upgrade software, such as treatment plan function and templates. I would like the product to be compatible with an iPhone for more mobility. I would like a signature pad option for intake.

Monica from Pinnacle Mental Wellness Group

Industry: Mental Health Care

This is our go-to software to run our practice

We have been using Psyquel for 10 years now. Psyquel helps keep our clinician's schedules organized. It also helps us to bill for client sessions IMMEDIATELY! Literally, when we are done seeing our clients we can click "attended" and the ebill goes automatically (through the ethers!) to the insurance! Yes, it's just that EASY. Customer service is also amazing! They are always friendly, helpful, and fast to respond. As our practice has grown we have thought about using different a different service, but we always come back to Psyquel. I have recommended Psyquel to colleagues and I happily recommend Psyquel to others in the mental health field.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service is amazing, quick turn around times with billing

Cons

Would love an app for our iphones and ipads.

Troy from Integrity Counseling Services

High Quality Billing Service

Simple, Accurate, and Convenient billing softwar/service for my counseling practice.

Pros

My rep is the best pro, but really every one at the company I have interacted with has been great. The software is simple to use and I've never discovered an error (except on my end!) My local billing helper helps me enter data and the turn around from data entry to claims submission is quick.

Cons

I would like to see more scheduling flexibility but it's not really a problem that can't be worked around. It could have a prettier interface. And it doesn't take my dog for a walk, but maybe we will see that in the next version.

Chuck from Miceli Counseling Associates, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Psyquel solved my billing problems!

The software and service is really key to the experience. I do not have issues that come up, if I have questions I have a person and the opportunity to ask, and I get an answer. That is what I need in a billing service. That is what Psyquel consistently provides.

Pros

It is easy to use; very time efficient for billing and adding new clients; having a designated Rep from Psyquel has been awesome; very helpful, patient, responsive. The price point for the service is reasonable, fair, and competitive with other services.

Cons

I have been with them for several years and I am not really able to identify a downer about it.

Deb from Hawaii Counseling and Education Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

We have used this company for more than 10 years and we are very pleased.

I not only use the software, I use the excellent account reps provided. Very happy with Psyquel.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. My rep, Derek, is aware of problems often before I am and proactively follows up on unpaid claims. Response time to emails is generally within a few hours, always by next day. I am not always easy to work with and have been pleased with his patience and perseverance.

Jason from The Family Room Wellness Associates

My support staff is great!

Pros

Easy to reach her and helps me tackle what I need to with my account. I ve been using Psyquel for over 5 years now.

Cons

No IOS app. Gets logged out too quickly. Wish there was a way to add more emails per clients when seeing more than one family member. Wish there was a way to send statement with a link to have clients pay online directly through the site.

Great customer service

Time saver

Pros

Simplicity. Quick to learn, easy to use. It's quick and easy due to it's simplicity. No doubt. ..

Cons

Limited options. Not many "bells and whistles." Also, it would be great if I could integrate it with my G Suite products.

Ellyn from Ellyn F. Plackowski, M.A., L.P.C., Counseling Services

insurance information

When I receive insurance information, it usually requires several follow-ups, because the messages are misleading and not helpful. For example, instead of telling me that a client has no insurance coverage, which I know is not true, since I have been receiving checks for that client, tell me that CPT code 90846 is not a billable code, since eventually that is what I discovered the problem to be. Meanwhile, I have billed 90846 several times and will continue to receive these useless and frustrating messages. This is a huge waste of my valuable time. In another situation, I have been told to enroll with a different Medicaid provider for a client whose Medicaid source is the same as my many other clients. I am halfway through the process of applying for another carrier, when I get a message that we shouldn't have to apply for another Medicaid, but still the client's bills are not being paid. I don't know what to do now, but I'm not hearing back from Medicaid to complete their enrollment process. With another client, I was told to notify her to use her Medicare. I can't bill Medicare, because I'm an LPC, not an MSW, so I had to refer her to another counselor too. The client said that she doesn't have Medicare. She should know. But, BCBS is not agreeing to pay anyway, so is there a block on BCBS from the nonexistent Medicare? If these useless communications and blocks affecting clients continue to occur, I will be forced to find another billing company who can actually take care of my billing without impacting my clients or wasting my time and peace. My Psyquel biling agent asked me to complete this survey. Will the information be shared with Psyquel so they can help?

Pros

record keeping

Cons

snafus with billing companies

Jamie from Spectrum Village

Helpful, well organized.

Pros

Organized and helpful for scheduling. Our contact person is very prompt, friendly and helpful.

Cons

As Executive Assistant to a Doctor, I would like to see larger note keeping on each patient. it's very limited. I would also like to see improvements in scheduling calendar and under patient contact information. That is all I could think of at this current time.

J from Behavioral Psychology Associates P.C.

Psyquel Review

Customer rep has been a great contact. She is always helpful and extremely pleasant to deal with. She completes all tasks that I send to her and will ask questions if something is unclear. I know I can count on her when I need help.

Pros

It is very easy to use.

Cons

I would love to be able to create our own reports. I also wish I was able to see which user is doing what so that I can track scheduling errors.

Ruth from Licensed Psychologist

Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding billing service geared to mental health providers

I have been using Psyquel for 10 years, and have been very pleased with their services. Their software is easy to use, and bills go out within a day of posting. They follow up to collect when claims have been denied. Their staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I've used several other services, and this is by far the best one I've ever had.

Pros

Easy to use, both to enter data and to follow up on billing questions

Renee from Medical Practice

I like using the program. It is user friendly. Easy to learn.

I have recommended it at least 5 times.

Pros

I like the appointment scheduler and now the templates for notes. I also like being notified of claims that were not paid so I can follow up.

Cons

Some of the templates need tweeked. ie: so you can check more than one box. There are many other features I do not use so I cannot comment.

Alexa from Neighborhood Neuropsychology

Overall it works well for scheduling and billing.

Pros

Easy to schedule clients and see billing history. But mostly my representative who provides support around claims processing and insurance verification.

Cons

The user interface is dated and there are some aspects that seem archaic. The change to how you enter insurance information for a new client is not working great as I'm often not able to find the correct plan in Psyquels list of insurance options - this has increased the amount of time it takes to enter new clients.

Julia from Julia M Abrol, LCPC

Overall this was a helpful system for submitting billing.

Less paperwork and effort required to submit billing than doing it through an agency.

Pros

I found this system to be fairly easy to use and the most recent representative was helpful and responsive.

Cons

I found Psyquel to be too expensive. The first few representatives were at times unresponsive. I have now begun using a different system.

Dewi from Dewi Abramoff, MD

It's easy to use, and the staff is friendly and helpful if there are problems.

Easy billing and scheduling

Pros

The billing is easy and fast. For me, it is easy to submit a claim at the end of the day, as there are just a few clicks. I'm getting paid pretty fast by insurance, meaning that Psyquel is submitting the claims to insurance fast.

Cons

The safety feature on credit cards that prevents me to use a credit card twice. I sometimes need to run the card twice or more often if patients need t to pay several different bills.

Dr. Stephen from Dr. Stephen Trudeau Psychologist, INC

So easy to use. This tool fits all my needs as a private practice psychologist.

Scheduling of clients online is very easy. Setting up repeating weekly appointments in a flash. I really love that the insurance billing is automatic when I click attended for each session.

Pros

The scheduler/calendar is really efficient. It makes it easy to arrange my week. And the automatic insurance billing is a major plus!

Cons

I would love to explain what I like least about this software but there really are no negatives. Glad to give a good review from a very happy customer.

Tara from Kiessling and Associates

Our practice has used Psyquel for billing for past 4 years. It is very user-friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use and understand software, high value for the monthly cost customer representative is always quick to answer any questions or concerns.

Cons

Reports are challenging to locate, would be more helpful if reports were more accessible to calculate client data.

Angela from Evers Psychological Associates, P.C.

Easy to use. I'm on Psyquel all day!

Pros

It's easy to use, we use it as our filing data-base and billing is very straightforward and if we have any billing problems, our representative is always helpful and patient.

Cons

I wish Psyquel would develop a form/billing statement to satisfy all insurance companies. Recently one insurance company has rejected claims asking for additional information, all of which would be provided by Psyquel with little modification.

Linda from Rick Breland, LPC

I absolutely love Psyquel

Making the decision to bill our claims through Psyquel was the best decision we made for our small practice. Our claims are being paid. If I have any issues with denials or questions about using the software program, our assigned representative is always very helpful. I couldn't recommend them higher!

Pros

The software is easy to use

Brooke from Brooke A Booth LICSW LLC

Best money I could spend as a private practitioner.

Pros

Billing is super simple and quick. Really helpful to be able to access the info from anywhere. Have had only 1 issue with a rejection from an insurance company and Psyquel resolved it for me - HUGE difference from previous encounters with billing!

Cons

UI is stripped down, and it would be great to be able to customize my own templates for the notes, but these are pretty minor issues.

Susan from Fox Valley Institute for Growth and Wellness

My experience with Psyquel has always been positive. They are a good company for billing.

Pros

Easy to use and make changes as needed. Documents are easy to read and use. Able to view doctor insurances

Cons

Wish there were more room for notes in the file for billing purposes. Making duplicate charts for clients.

George from The Beverly Center, P.C.

Fantastic software and customer support is fantastic!

Unbelievable! Up until last year, we had been using Therapist Helper, that was cumbersome, difficult to read information, difficult to get any customer support-always on hold. Not with Psyquel Solutions! Very user friendly database online. Technical and customer support is the best I ever experienced including ones ability to even get in touch with any iunsurance payer support these days- all voice activated or one gets the Phillipines, Delhi, etc.

Pros

Ease-user friendly-internet/online vs a software product, support staff is exceptional!

Cons

Doesn't have EHR connection yet- Need this for HIPAA future. Doesn't have to be like EPIC..

Frank from Pacific Psychotherapy Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

I have been using Psyquel for years and really value their service. Great response time!

saves me time and money

Pros

easy to use, great customer support, inputting new client very easy, all insurance seems to be on their data base

Cons

I guess you could say that the user platform looks a little dated, but functionality is great

Linda from Wilson Renfroe, PsyD

Very easy to use, greatest customer support by far hands down!! Very quick to reply,

Pros

When we first got this system we thought it would be complicated to set-up all our patients from a different system. Psyquel was able to transfer almost all of our patients over to this system.

Cons

The only downfall I have found is that you can actually enter a new patient into the system more than once and no warning is given that a record already exists.

Laura from Grace Counseling

experience with Psyquel

One year ago I started my private practice and was concerned about who to use for billing . A colleague who had done a lot of research on this was using Psyquel and told me he was impressed. Knowing how selective he was I signed up with them and am still using them today. My rep was very patient with me (I knew nothing about this part of the business!).

Pros

Ease of use, records

Cons

I wish they would have a place for ideas for change from the user.

Ken from Ken Ostercamp, LPC

Pretty satisfying, good support

Pros

I like the support people mostly, they are timely and understand the software and it's capabilities. The software is pretty comprehensive in its coverage of what information is necessary.

Sylvia from Counselors of Texas

Excellent service

I have been using Psyquel going on six years and have always received great customer service. I mostly work with one of the support staff and she has always gone above and beyond to help me and to get things done.

Lillian from Lillian Medina LCSW-R

Great service and value

They are experienced, professional and very attentive. My customer rep is excellent. If I have a question or need it’s answered immediately. Senior management will also call and check in periodically to make sure things are going well. Great value and people to work with!

Pros

The software is easy to use- Right to the point not endless clicking to do one task. Also the reports available are right to the point.

Cons

There is nothing I could suggest short of having it be able to enter data on my behalf :)

Kimberly from Kimberly A. Gilles, LCSW, RPT

Excellence in the Field

This billing company assisted me with all organization, verifying benefits and getting paid by the insurance company.

Pros

I like my rep. She is easy to work with, efficient and keeps constant communication. The software continues to meet the needs of my practice and I have experienced little to no problems with it. I have been using this Company for 3 years now and am happy with my choice of using Psyquel.

Cons

If I could request any addition it would be to have the ability to print out my schedule.

Judith from Judith B Taylor LCSW

A great help to my practice. Secure and easy to use.

Pros

Scheduling and notes. Help with billing issues and status of all claims very visible. I love being able to easily post my notes right when I submit the billing.

Cons

I have trouble with the graphing lines that separate the appointment times showing up on my screen. Once in awhile some of the messages I get are inaccurate. I have struggled with the reports section not coming up for certain clients in certain formats. I don't like having to use Mozilla for my browser.

Sara from Sara Whitehead, LCSW

Support staff are active, timely, and helpful.

Pros

Everything that I needed is in one place. Insurance information and pay-outs, billing and payment information, and notes.

Cons

Took a while to learn all the ins and outs of the system. They offer tutorials, but it just takes a while to learn the protocol (if you will).

Constance from Lifesong for Growth & Wellness

It's ok.

Pros

I like the same day billing

Cons

We are finding that when checks come in automatically through the system they post incorrectly so we are having to continuously contact our rep to have the accounts reflect accordingly. And some of the reports could be more defined - breaking down specifics - if you want to see what EAP appointments haven't been paid, a more easy to read patient statement for billing, or if we no longer have a past provider on the list to schedule and we pull up a previous client we can't see their dates of service with that provider unless we have the rep add them back on the schedule. When going in to restore a patient if the date of birth would be available like

PSYQUEL was the first thing I tried but wouldn't ever recommend it

I think that they are not really even a behavioral EHR as much as just a very very rudimentary billing program. There's better ones out there.

Pros

They can track billing fairly easily but there are many many errors and it's really up to the billing agent to look for rejections which happen all the time--- it's very hands off billing. It is very cheap but I think it's because there are no features.

Cons

The notes are terrible. The billing is also not very good. Overall, I found it to be on the whole very inferior.

Response from Psyquel

Replied August 2018

Thank you for your review. We have several different services available based on your needs. The program is simple to use and with the use of back office support, this would be ¿hands off¿ billing. Our back office service would allow you more time with your clients and documentation. We are always trying to improve the software, as well as any assistance you might need. I am sorry that you did not find our program helpful. J.Malcolm

Susanne from Liberty Counseling

Always had wonderful customer service. Questions answered promptly and problems solved quickly

Pros

Provides great service without having to be on the phone all the time. Software is easy to use. Services provided allows me to spend more time doing what I enjoy in being a therapist rather than the billing.

Cons

I did have a hard time navigating at first on my own. Once I had things explained to me I was able to figure it out.

Lana from Bergen Psychotherapy and neuropsychology

Excellent product and costomer service

Pros

I will start by saying the best thing about this software is that I got paid. And it was easy! This is a very intuitive product and easy to use. It makes the administrative end of practice so much easier. The customer service is excellent. A great product and a great value

Kati from Guada Psychological Services PC

Great, very easy to use and very responsive team.

Pros

Ease of use. It is very user friendly and it is easy to add new people under your account. It is also very affordable.

Cons

Minor confusion with accounting features. I also find myself running reports for late payments by insurance companies, but I am on top of that so that may be why.

Jeanmarie from Jewish Family Service of SHW

My current rep has been outstanding. She responds and follows up on problems. Thank you Sunni.

Pros

The ease in processing claims. The ability to enter claims from any PC. The rep I have is extremely helpful.

Cons

The information the reports could be better. One suggestion are patient statement. In Response always shows zero. Payment combines both Ins and Cx's. They should be separate.

Erica from St. Charles counseling

I enjoy working with this software. It's simple and very easy to use.

Pros

The things I like the most is the ease of using the system. I also enjoy the feature of my clients being emailed a reminder for their appointments and for the help with re-verifying my insurance.

Cons

There are not a lot of things I dislike about this software. The appointment window with the insurance breakdown is a little confusing and would be better if it was clearer in the way it charts payments from the client and insurance companies.

June 2016

DeBora from Can Do Counseling

June 2016

I lost money because of them!

Initially, it was great! If I had problems, the rep would help me. At the end, I was assigned a new rep. I'd have clients who changed insurance companies. Those claims either were filed with the wrong, initial insurance company (I got a letter stating they were no longer with that insurance company) or after I gave notice I was NO LONGER using Psyquell because several claims hadn't been filed at all, then months later they were billed. By this time, I was already using another billing company and had them do it. Psyquell billed me for them doing the billing!

Pros

It was easy to use and I did not have to think much. However, the lost of wages isn't worth the ease of use.

Cons

If you get a rep who isn't doing what she should be doing, your claims may not get filed in a timely manner. The secondary insurance company won't pay if I don't file within 30 days. I lost tons of money.

Kimberly from Kimberly A. Gilles, LCSW, RPT

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very Good Communication, along with the 4 "P's."

I have been with Psyquel now over a 1 and 1/2 years. Communication is excellent! Always a phone call and/or an e-mail when I have contacted them. I have found Psyquel staff to be very professional, polite, patient and persistent. They are awesome to work with.

Pros

A lot of different options, along with person to person support.

Cons

Since I am not computer person, sometimes knowing all options available and how to use them can be frustrating.

Brenda B. from Brenda B. Hollis, LPC, PC

Psyquel saved my private practice.

I came on board with Psyquel in 2013 after discovering that my billing person had not been submitting my claims for several weeks with a subsequent drop in my income. Psyquel did an excellent job in recovering as much income as possible for me and allowing me to use my energy and time to focus on the needs of my patients. I have also had a wonderful experience with the Psyquel staff . Although I have had two previous account reps. who were very helpful to me, my current rep., is my favorite one. She is always available to me by phone or Email and gets back to me on the same day I contact her. She is very kind and helpful to me and seems to care about my account/ business as much as I do. I enjoy working with her. I have recommended Psyquel to other practitioners and will continue to do so.

stacey from Stacey Lenkin Saltzman

Makes my job doable.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use. I also like that someone is available to help me if I have any questions.

Cons

I'd like a clear way to track checks actually received. This way I will know if a check has gone missing in the mail.

Robin from HealthCare

Industry: Mental Health Care

The software is great, the customer support is outstanding. Kimberly really stays on top of things!

Real-time knowledge of where my claims stand, ease of use, and helps me keep on top of things.

Pros

Information is provided in real time and reports are very helpful, with easy access. The message board and scheduling tools have been a valuable resource. I feel very informed on my billing and my CS Rep, Kimberly is outstanding!

kelly from Kelly Dial, LCSW

Psyquel is 5 star

Psyquel is an amazing service. I could not have done my private practice as a counselor without their billing services. It is very to use and the turnaround on submitting claims and receiving payment is very fast. Most of all, their customer service is wonderful. Whenever I have had a question or problem, they respond immediately.

January 2013

Lois from Lois Bernard, LCSW

January 2013

Very reliable helpful company

I have been using this company's services almost 10 years and I highly recommend them. A few more tweaks and they would be just perfect for my needs.

Pros

Online Access Per Event Billing and follow up to collection Ease of contact for help Clinical Note template Can upload docs

Cons

No treatment plan template No electronic signing

Lillian from Lillian Medina, LCSW-R

Great support! Easy to use glad I signed on!

Pros

Its simple straightforward and gets the job done. I shopped all of the major vendors and got lost in features that in the end where not needed.

Cons

I am new to the system and have not yet found any issues. My customer support person is also responsive and was very helpful getting me started as a new clinician in private practice.

Abbe from Dr. Abbe Hurwitz

Excellent service @Psyquel

The representative has been a great rep at Psyquel. She responds to all my questions promptly and accurately. Psyquel is a terrific billing service for mental health providers!!!!