All Psyquel Reviews

Gail

Psyquel, The best option for Mental Health Billing

Their support team is absolutely top notch, they consistently go above and beyond to help us bill and collect from insurance companies, etc. They take our calls 99% of the time, and if we have to leave a message, a call back is almost immediate. My support person, [sensitive content hidden], is my absolute lifeline in keeping this practice solvent.

PROS

It has been 17 years, I think it was very easy as we were just starting up. They did then, and continue to grow with us and support our entire team with training, support, follow up, whatever we have ever asked or needed as the practice has expanded into many different fields of psychological evaluation and treatment. We are particularly diverse, as we have neuropsychologists in practice, which bill on both the medical and behavioral portions of our patients' insurance companies. That is very challenging, and Psyquel has never blinked.

CONS

If they ever expand into doing the patient statements and follow up, even if the cost was greater, I would certainly use the service.

Victoria

Psyquel and private practice

PROS

Why is this in past tense? What I do like about Psyquel is that they change with the times and over the past 15+ years, they have remained competitive and innovative. I have access to just about everything I need, whether I choose to utilize it or not, and I can get my questions answered in a timely manner. Practice is so much easier with everything under one umbrella.

CONS

Again, why is this in past tense? I have no idea how to file for secondary insurance with a client. I have lost so much money over the years, not knowing how to do this, that I will not see anyone who has more than one insurance.

Reason for choosing Psyquel

It was recommended by someone who was leaving the field and leaving me their clients. I did not research anything else since it was very easy to use.

Cristina

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Good scheduling platform

I schedule my patients and submit vitiate information to be submitted for claims. Psyquel does the insurance verifications and posting of payments.

PROS

It is user friendly for the most part. I like that they do the billing and posting of claims . The best part for me is the insurance verifications. Lately, they have been doing a great job. It is import for me to know if patients are subject to deductible so I can charge that at the time of service.

CONS

I don’t like that I have to scroll through all letter of alphabet to find client’s name when I am using the phone . When using a lap top I can type in the first letter of alphabet then I still have to scroll down.

Reason for choosing Psyquel

Price and I liked that it was a local company .

Valerie

Awful.

Terrible. I hate psyquel. 0 stars. Do not recommend.

PROS

There is nothing to like about psyquel. It is not user friendly and does not contain features that are helpful.

CONS

[sensitive content hidden], who is the staff member assigned to us. She does not follow up on anything. Payments from insurance are often anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks behind. It takes forever for psyquel to verify insurance like 1 to 2 weeks, I often lose clients before their first appointment because of this.

Deanna

Reviewed March 2018

Working with Psyquel has been very beneficial and the employees at Psyquel are very supportive.

PROS

The text messaging and email feature for patient recall appointments. Input of data is very user friendly and whenever I have any questions about Psyquel my representative is always available for a quick email or call back if unable to answer immediately. If I am ever in a bind the team at Psyquel is always friendly and helpful if something more immediate is needed they will find someone whom can address any questions or concerns. I have worked with Psyquel for nearly two years and as a provider office which does mostly all of the job duties internally the software operates well for reporting purposes and functions by way of the reporting menu.

CONS

Some of the billing areas are sometimes hard to navigate, but my representative is always available as an excellent support. One of the rep has exemplary customer service people skills. I would like to have an easier report for daily functions that indicates only the payments posted to Psyquel each day ...so the Cash total, Check total, Credit Card total, Direct Deposit total and Daily Total is indicated on one report without the posting of charges inclusive. Also for reporting purposes the ability to include or exclude certain providers when running reports to be able to better pinpoint certain things the designated providers only.

Joyce

Easy, efficient software

PROS

As a new clinician, I found flexibility of notetaking options very helpful. I found billing had easy dropdown menus to assist with quick, time efficient documentation for both coding of diagnosis as well as determining levels of service and times of service.

CONS

It would be nice to have drop down menus that take a mental health diagnosis number and correlate it to the DSM5 written description.It would be nice to have within the different writing frameworks some key concepts to be included in the sections such as observable, measurable, etc along with description of the markers that insurers use to formalize and accept for reimbursement.

jerry

Crucial for business

Excellent. Billing is easy. Easy to communicate as well with staff.

PROS

I love the effectiveness and the communication..

CONS

I feel that some things need quicker response

Actually the name.

Kerry

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great for Mental Health Practitioners

Super supportive group. Always respond to questions or challenges in a timely manner and their billing rarely results in unpaid claims.

PROS

Psyquel is all-inclusive: a calendar, billing, invoicing, credit card payments, reports, and the ability to write notes.

CONS

I wish the calendar would let you cancel an appointment and still stay on the calendar as a cancelation rather than having to mark it as a "no show"; otherwise, it disappears. I also wish there was a template for a treatment plan.

Reasons for switching to Psyquel

Psyquel was more user-friendly and does a much better job.

Virginia

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Psyquel is efficient, secure and easy to use

Psyquel allows me to have all my billing, charting and scheduling in one convenient place.

PROS

I love that Psyquel is a web based application which allows me to access my schedule from anywhere. I can view upcoming appointments, write chart notes and access payments from home or the office. It's efficient and easy to use.

CONS

I was not responsible for setting up our Psyquel access or integrating it with other applications. I have not seen any drawbacks to using Psyquel.

Reviewed August 2018

PSYQUEL was the first thing I tried but wouldn't ever recommend it

I think that they are not really even a behavioral EHR as much as just a very very rudimentary billing program. There's better ones out there.

PROS

They can track billing fairly easily but there are many many errors and it's really up to the billing agent to look for rejections which happen all the time--- it's very hands off billing. It is very cheap but I think it's because there are no features.

CONS

The notes are terrible. The billing is also not very good. Overall, I found it to be on the whole very inferior.

Thank you for your review. We have several different services available based on your needs. The program is simple to use and with the use of back office support, this would be ¿hands off¿ billing. Our back office service would allow you more time with your clients and documentation. We are always trying to improve the software, as well as any assistance you might need. I am sorry that you did not find our program helpful. J.Malcolm

Replied August 2018

Laura

Excellent patient management system

My experience has been very consistent over the last four years of use of this product. I love the consistency of the product.

PROS

Having the ability to track missed appointments, and to change and rearrange appointments.

CONS

I would like to be able to mark a patient as on vacation and a rescheduled appointment and not have it read as a "No Show".

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Psyquel Review

Overall very good

PROS

Ease of access is the greatest feature of Psyquel.

CONS

Software interface can take some timeto get used to.

Joe

7 years a iser

We’ve grown with PsyQuel from an individual part time business to multiple services and multiple therapists. We use the service for billing insurance and accepting private/self pay clients.

PROS

Customer service is quick and responsive.

CONS

We do our own insurance verification. We would love to use a reliable verification service.

Customer service

Kristin

1 employee

Reviewed March 2017

Psyquel Review

Here is my honest opinion about Psyquel and I have been with them for approximately three years. Being able to submit claims is easy. The price is fairly reasonable. The e-mail reminders are great. I had a lot of issues with the representatives for a while as I was being switched to a different person every few months. Since I have had rep however the last six months I've been way happier. She is easy to communicate with and gets back to me quickly. She's really what's kept me using Psyquel because having a good point person is important. Rep is however also really good about hearing needs and getting back quickly when there is an issue. In regards to things I wish they did or had, it would be nice if they did verification for clients, especially at the beginning of the year. Sometimes the initial verifications can take too long and I end up having to do it myself as well because the client is coming in and I need to be able to tell them what their copay is. Text reminders would also be nice as I know some programs offer e-mail and text options. I do have to keep track of all the billing myself, which is twice as much work because sometimes there are mistakes or things are missed. I however have heard this is something that happens with a lot of billing companies. Overall, it seems they have made some changes in the last year and I am happier with them.

PROS

E-mail reminders, scheduling calendar, claims submitted easily

CONS

Billing mistakes, doesn't offer reverifications for client's whose insurance has changed or beginning of the year insurance changes

Ellyn

Reviewed March 2017

insurance information

When I receive insurance information, it usually requires several follow-ups, because the messages are misleading and not helpful. For example, instead of telling me that a client has no insurance coverage, which I know is not true, since I have been receiving checks for that client, tell me that CPT code 90846 is not a billable code, since eventually that is what I discovered the problem to be. Meanwhile, I have billed 90846 several times and will continue to receive these useless and frustrating messages. This is a huge waste of my valuable time. In another situation, I have been told to enroll with a different Medicaid provider for a client whose Medicaid source is the same as my many other clients. I am halfway through the process of applying for another carrier, when I get a message that we shouldn't have to apply for another Medicaid, but still the client's bills are not being paid. I don't know what to do now, but I'm not hearing back from Medicaid to complete their enrollment process. With another client, I was told to notify her to use her Medicare. I can't bill Medicare, because I'm an LPC, not an MSW, so I had to refer her to another counselor too. The client said that she doesn't have Medicare. She should know. But, BCBS is not agreeing to pay anyway, so is there a block on BCBS from the nonexistent Medicare? If these useless communications and blocks affecting clients continue to occur, I will be forced to find another billing company who can actually take care of my billing without impacting my clients or wasting my time and peace. My Psyquel biling agent asked me to complete this survey. Will the information be shared with Psyquel so they can help?

PROS

record keeping

CONS

snafus with billing companies

Danielle

Reviewed March 2018

Very user friendly and supported by a friendly and knowledgeable team!

A team that is off-site to professionally and efficiently help us manage our client appointments, claims, insurance and patient payments, data to help us with analysis and new business projections to help us grow our business and services.

PROS

How easy it is to use, the layout of the information, message boards, and the ability to email/text client's appointment reminders and billing statements.

CONS

Reports are great as a pdf, need to be better formatted for excel. The schedule could be made easier to view in regards to seeing the time we are scheduling appointments. Red flag feature that would help the Psyquel support team and us to better identify and correct a claim is not properly electronically processed by the insurance provider, causing the EOB to be incorrect. This would also help if we had a report that would let us know Psyquel corrected the claim incase it impacts our patient record data - ie: provider income etc.

Constance

It's ok.

PROS

I like the same day billing

CONS

We are finding that when checks come in automatically through the system they post incorrectly so we are having to continuously contact our rep to have the accounts reflect accordingly. And some of the reports could be more defined - breaking down specifics - if you want to see what EAP appointments haven't been paid, a more easy to read patient statement for billing, or if we no longer have a past provider on the list to schedule and we pull up a previous client we can't see their dates of service with that provider unless we have the rep add them back on the schedule. When going in to restore a patient if the date of birth would be available like

Stephen