All Timely Reviews

Laurence

Higher Education, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Timely Review: Relevant and easy to use!

Shrina

Great CRM system for salons

PROS

It’s easy to use and the clients really like it. Lots of functions are automated

CONS

It’s missing some good features that could make it really great and much easier for the business and clients.

Reasons for switching to Timely

Timely had electronic client consent forms

Natasha

Reviewed May 2021

Timely Software reviewed by a Software Extremist

Accessibility and modernity have become key benefits of doing business with Natashas Skin Spa, and of working for us. Staff are perceived as more professional, feel more professional, and provide an overall better client experience. Clients and staff benefit, business makes more money, I personally am free to work from anywhere I like due to full time access via the cloud, and I now take month long holidays instead of being tied to the premises.

PROS

The best thing is the improved income - more bookings, more online bookings, more repeat bookings, more free marketing content produced by staff using the photo diary feature.

CONS

Needs a strong set of reporting filters added to enable segmented marketing.

Reason for choosing Timely

I created a spreadsheet. In one column I listed every step of an ideal Client Experience Journey, writing what I wanted the software to do at that point. I then called every salon software brand on the market which I could get in touch with, and asked them what their software would do/if it could achieve, that step on my Client Experience Journey. This is the opposite of what most spas will do - they usually call the software company who sells them the SOFTWARE's journey. Then the spa owner flexes their business to match the software. You should not have to do that. For each software I considered, I filled in the spreadsheet with a yes, no, in development, expected development date, and details of how that feature/step worked inside that software. This took me several years, and of course had to be updated all at once at the very end to see if anything had changed. The interesting thing was that most brands had NOT delivered on their development promises that 'that feature is coming'...Timely was the only one who did deliver. In the time I was looking at it, they delivered 26 of the 34 things I wanted to be improved, including key things such as a Rewards Program. I therefore know, unequivocally, that Timely Software is the brand of software that comes closest to achieving the perfect Client Experience Journey. I have seen so many improvements in it that my Client Experience Map is now nearly perfect. I am about to renew for another year.

Reasons for switching to Timely

I am forbidden to discuss this by a legally binding Non-Disclosure Agreement with Shortcuts Software. I was with them for 11 years prior to moving and can say I am happy I moved, my business progressed in leaps and bounds once I did.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Natasha. We really appreciate the consideration you put in when you chose us and we're thrilled to hear how we'll you're getting on - especially the month long holidays! x

Replied August 2021

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2016

Great look, easy to use, poor development

My background in using booking systems: 6 years at my own practice, using Genbook, Vagaro, Booker, MindBody, Timely, and about 15 test drives of other programs. Timely Pros: - Clean - Responsive - POS system is nice - Invoicing is nice - Easy to use backend - Easy to use frontend - my clients loved it - Reports are easy to read, and nice graphs - SMS and email reminders worked great - Inexpensive Timely Cons: - Poor development - new items get the basics, and they do not move forward with improvements on an item until way down the road, or never. Gift certificates are a huge part of the salon and spa industry, let alone a ton of other industries, and what started out to be great, has never once seen a correction to its use. 3, no, 6, no, errr 9 months since the release of their gift certificates (vouchers) and not one correction on its use, not one suggested improvement from the community of Timely users. Why? I can't answer that, though I wish I had an answer. - Community suggestions can take some time to get implemented, or never. Very slow on development. They ask for suggestions, but never a resolve. - Client data doesn't always go in so smoothly (my export revealed a ton more issues than I ever thought I had) - Poor support on add-ons (Xero, Quickbooks). Basically, do it yourself. My wife never could get an answer to some of her questions on why some invoices were never connected. I figured if they allowed the connection they knew something about the other programs... If you need a basic system, then use this. I guess I was lead to believe it would be better sooner than much, much later. If you have a studio, a business where gift certificates mean a lot to your business, fork out some extra money to a much more involved system. Mindbody has it, but extremely poor customer service is hell to work with. Booker, for us, is our answer. It was our first, and now last, as they improved on a lot in 4.5 years.

Julie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent system for busy hair and beauty salons

The best system we have found for ease of use and the reports are great to help keep stylists/therapists on track.

PROS

We particularly love the ease of use for both staff and clients. The reports are great, perfect to help keep the business on track.

CONS

we can find it tricky with refunds and credits on account.

better all round

Reasons for switching to Timely

to complicated and not enough reporting asvailable

Adeena

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great task management system

It is a super great app and gathers all data you need

PROS

We used this to track projects that employees said were taking to much of their time. We were able to see how much time was actually spent on projects

CONS

I had a hard time using it with IOS but worked amazing with windows

Reason for choosing Timely

Timely was more clear cut to use than others

Laurence

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Timely So True With Right Now Scheduling

I like Timely and appreciate efficacy of use

PROS

Easy of use, friendly customer supports and education

CONS

Need for more hands on training opportunities

Reason for choosing Timely

Cost, value, ease of use and customer support connections

Annie

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

PROS

Easy to set up, easy for clients to use

CONS

Takes a while to set up at the start, calendar syncing took a while to sync at the start also

Reasons for switching to Timely

Wasn’t easy to use and set upNo calendar syncing

Shiralee

Retail, 1 employee

User friendly

My experience with Timely has been a beautiful progressive one. I’ve enjoyed watching, timely’s growth. I’ve enjoyed watching my growth professionally and personally with Timely.

PROS

Timely has no nonsense features and it’s very simple and easy to use. Attention to detail and the ever HELPFUL, question mark icon ? But also the back up supportive communication Timely is Professional in all aspects.

CONS

Timely is a complete computer orientated database, so there’s no bells and whistles and hairy, fairy flowery stuff for my hairdressing industry

Alana

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Lans Artistry

Good system to use. Price is the only thing that I feel somewhat dissatisfied with, there are already so many additional costs for a small business and this is just one of many systems I need to use.

PROS

It is user friendly, has a nice interface and a lot of useful features

CONS

I find the marketing link to mailchimp isn’t as user friendly and that I need to just manage my email marketing in mail chimp directly. I found it difficult to transfer my mailing list over. Cost increase between 1 and 2 users is nearly double which is quite significant for a small business and other systems do not charge as much for additional users.

Reason for choosing Timely

Price and system capabilities and features.

Henri

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Timely Review

Very good software. You track all your tasks, all your windows. But then, it's quite possible to forget to turn it off. Plus, it would be nice to add an invoice delivery function.

PROS

Great for keeping track of the time you spend working. Plan and be alerted. When you're a freelancer like me, you don't have to waste time writing time reports.

CONS

I think all this data generated by the software can be used to develop other, cooler features. For example, it could be used to issue invoices directly when working at an hourly rate.

Pos

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2017

Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY

Daily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.

PROS

After the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to a degree but now I'm using TIMELY I understand just what I was missing out on. The timely team do everything to make the implementation of their product as hassle free as possible. You always get to email the same support person who is completely familiar with your situation. I have integrated the software into my website and my clients are loving it. The feedback at this stage is 100% in favour of TIMELY. I don't have a computer in the salon and am able to do everything from my Android phone without having to download some buggy app. Client management and reporting is a breeze and has so many ways of breaking down your business's progress. The integration of MailChimp, POS and taxation programs make it a spectacular platform for promotions, financial management and my accountant loves how easy it makes my monthly closeout. Interested to see what TIMELY build into the system in the future!

CONS

Only available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!

Gordon

1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

not there yet guys!

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy. As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up. The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue. thanks Timely peeps

PROS

easy to set up and use

CONS

lacks functionality

Sumeet

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Timely

Excellent product and features that are at a very reasonable price. The software offers more features that we don't utilize just yet, but may in the near future.

PROS

Integration with our current process and systems was easy. It actually made it more efficient. It is user-friendly and employees/clients find it to be "high-tech"

CONS

Sometimes the software lags (rarely) and requires us to stop and refresh/restart the program. The cost is reasonable but we wish it was slightly cheaper.

Josie

Timely

PROS

Ease of calendar and booking system..

CONS

Reports are not clear and precise. Too expensive if want to add another column for led lounge. No room allocation.

Jennily

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

PROS

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

CONS

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Hi Jennily, Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

Replied November 2020

Matthew

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2016

A software that truly streamlines business operations

We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

PROS

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

CONS

If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.

Peter