All Livestorm Reviews

Wonderful for Webinars, Less Great for Bigger Events

Christina

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Livestorm this is a good product with excellent connectivity capabilities.

Thanks to this platform, we've been able to include viewers from all around the world in our live broadcasts. Thank you to the Livestorm crew, who I'm sure are doing their best to keep everything up and running during this difficult moment in the globe.

PROS

I appreciate that this application may be used for a variety of meeting formats, including standard video conferences, webinars, virtual events, and even fully automated webinars. With Livestorm, you don't have to juggle several tools. You can perform all of your marketing from a single dashboard, making it easier. There is no clutter in the user interface. It's easy to use and I enjoy it. I also like the opportunity to make meetings and events more engaging by including tools like chat, surveys, guest speakers/presenters, and Q&A. These tools may add a lot of oomph to your event.

CONS

For the hosts/guest speakers of a webinar, it would be excellent to have a private chat tool that allows them to discuss which questions they should respond to live and which they should address off-line.

Emma

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Professional and engaging!

PROS

We use Livestorm for the weekly webinars we run in our 7-week online leadership program, Leadership Beyond the Theory. For past cohorts, we used a different webinar software, but Livestorm is brilliant - we will never go back! Our students love the interactive nature of it (polls, chat and questions are really easy to see and use), and from a moderator and host point of view, it's incredibly easy and fun to use. The reminder emails are awesome and I'm confident that the emails led to an increased attendance rate overall. Did I mention how great the polls are? Really useful for collecting important customer information. Great customer service, even with the timezone difference between France and Australia they made time to video call me and help with different bits and pieces. Highly recommend!

CONS

The only thing that I found tricky was making sure our internet was strong enough to run it at a high quality - the other webinar software we used was an app on the computer so quality was the same all the time, but because Livestorm streams through the internet you have to have good speeds (which Australia typically doesn't! When we ran the webinars from the US we had more than enough internet strength to run a really high-quality video).

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

Livestorm features far outweigh Zoom...Livestorm is like the iPhone, Zoom is like the Nokia. Nothing wrong with it, it's consistent and stable, but Livestorm just has so many more features and the user experience is much better.

Thanks Emma, that's great feedback. The fact that we're streaming through a browser indeed demands a bit more resources both in computer power and internet speed, but it's quite close. The pros of our tech is that the protocol is open-source, fully encrypted, and obviously does not demand any downloads. I strongly suggest going through our docs to get the ideal bandwidth, best practices, and the tool to test your environment.

Replied August 2019

Hanna

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2020

DON'T subscribe to Livestorm!!!

- It is very difficult to run a video from a Powerpoint presentation on the platform, the sound simply doesnt work. You have to download other softwares and have a very special organization to make it work. Of course when it's your first webinar and you have no idea what the hell is going on... you are happy to be organized and rehearse as it took us 24hours to figure it out, thanks to the ZERO HELP from customer service! - Sometimes... you don't know why or when... your speaker's Powerpoint presentation wont work on Livestorm. It will only be a black screen... For NO REASON AT ALL!!! Just that the platform is not technically ready!!! Again, we were luck to rehearse in advance but I lost 48hours of the time of a very important surgon who was my speaker and stressed out a lot about this technical problem, she went to buy new webcams, eternal microphones.... we even payed for 12hourse help from a technician to go see her in Israel and try to figure it out!!! Nothing worked! Of course NO CUTOMER SERVICE was answering my complaints except only one hour before the webinar to tell me that it wasnt a fixable problem... I had to PAY AN OTHER SUNSCRIBTION TO ZOOM 1 hour before my webinar and send the new link to all my participants... of course it worked perfectly on zoom in one second! I cant tell you how disapointed I am in Livestorm, I have no trust in them anymore, I am complaining to everyone about it and cant even get an answer for the customer service !

PROS

The design of the software is nice. We chose it originally because it is a French company.

CONS

This software is not ready to be used for the general public. I have had many technical problems that completely enabled my webinar to start, mostly because of incompatibility with Powerpoint presentations. Powerpoint presentations are often at the core of a webinar... there CANT BE ANY INCOMPATIBILITY! Also, there is NO COMPETENT NOR ACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am paying 2500 dollars a year to speak to a chat bot and maybe have someone answering my questions 24hours after I need an answer!!! ALSO, it is extremely EXPENSIVE, has no cost flexibility, if you need only one month webinar with more than 250 subscribers you have to pay for the whole year

Reason for choosing Livestorm

I chose Livestorm over any other product because it had good reviews and it is a french company. But I now have to go to ZOOM and PAY 2 SUBSCRIBTIONS because Livestorm wont answer any of my complait emails!!! There is no problem on Zoom, it is a much better platform where you can have peace of mind!

Hi Hanna, We are truly sorry to read about this experience. Our platform at that time only supported sharing PowerPoint slides via screen sharing, rather than sending. Moreover, we are sorry to hear that our customer service did not meet your expectations. After examination, our Support team worked closely with you and was in touch within 1 hour of your first correspondence with us. We apologize if this was not sufficient. With regards to our pricing plan, it's our mission to be as clear and transparent as possible. As outlined on our pricing page, we offer the ability to choose between annual and monthly plans. There's also options to further customize your plan. We were sorry to hear about this experience and after discussion in December, our Support team had provided you with a full refund. We reviewed your comment again carefully and we'll take it into consideration to continue providing our customers and users with a great experience. All the best, Daniella from Livestorm

Replied February 2021

Leonie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Intuitive tooling that works very well for global webinars

The overall experience has been really good and we've had many compliments from over the world. The software is easy to use and as people do not need to download a separate programme makes it accessible.

PROS

It is easy to set up webinars, very intuitive and provides you with a nice data dashboard to directly understand the success of your webinar. Livestorm keeps innovating and improving, and listens to the feedback of their customers. Also, a big plus for us is that Livestorm is GDPR compliant.

CONS

It is a browser software, meaning that it is more susceptible to the internet connection of the speakers. On the other hand, we have not had any speaker (unless there internet was completely down) not being able to finish their presentation. A simple page refresh usually does the trick, but it can of course impact the user experience when speakers drop off.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

After making a first selection we thoroughly tested 3 webinar softwares, Livestorm was by far the most intuitive and as a browser based software easy accessible from all over the world. Also, as Livestorm is a French based organisation it has to comply with GDPR, for the American based software's it was not always apparent whether they indeed were GDPR complient when looking deeper into their privacy regulations.

Bruce

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2020

Livestorm for Webinars

PROS

We have used Livestorm for webinars since we were spun out from another company (who use GoToWebinar) and it has been great! We run multiple webinars a month using the platform. We like that no client/downloads are required to view or host webinars and use the "company page" on our website as a way to serve up recorded webinars on-demand and be able to capture viewers details to feed our sales process (which you obviously don't get with Youtube alone). We also like that you can add speaker bios into the platform, there are many other platforms to host these, but none that are integrated with the whole webinar experience. Finally, the whole UI/experience can be branded more deeply than other platforms making for a more seamless experience for attendees

CONS

We recently ran a 16 hour virtual conference which we had wanted to record but were unable to record more than 2 hours with Livestorm. We ended up using Zoom because of this single limitation, which was a real shame as there are many things about the zoom platform that are worse than Livestorm (managing permissions to mention one!)

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

No downloaded client required, slicker experience

Rob

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Intuitive, high-quality next-gen webinar platform

PROS

Livestorm is easy to set up. There's loads of functionality for hosts in the back end but fundamentally it's the quality of the videos and the ability for team members/hosts to "direct" a webinar, selecting which speakers to go full screen, when slides should go full screen, sharing video etc.

CONS

There are a few simple things like a post-webinar survey that, while possible, needs a little more technical ability. I haven't really used the automation capabilities but I imagine once I try to we will be able to do things like this easily.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

Ease of use, modern look and feel, competitive cost.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

We needed a better video webinar solution and GlobalMeet just felt too clunky and old-fashioned. Also high-cost for questionable customer service.

Andy

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Our Go To Webinar Software

We run a face to face training company. We couldnt train face to face anymore so it enable us continue to provide services in the current new norm. In the future we will be able to use it as an extension to our physical sessions too.

PROS

An abundance of included features over and above the competition, no additional 'add-ons', were not fans of the 'Ryanair' menu type software services we just want it to include stuff. Simple user interface and good analytics integrations and analytics

CONS

The support isn't instantly available if you have on the spot issues, but we have only had a need for this once in 6 months. The Current customization and design to white label are a little limited, as is the ability to shift and size broadcast windows to suit

Reason for choosing Livestorm

More rounded offering that fitted our specifications. Payment otions to suit. Really simple to deploy and maintain.

Jérôme

Wine and Spirits, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Go for it, cocorico !

I can really promote my business to a large panel of people, there is no download needed for the users, there is a unique and personal link for acces to the room for each attendee so i'ts safe ! I will also implement my livestorm page to my website with the program of my online meetings, I'ts very practical,

PROS

The fact that with livestorm my compagny LET'S DRINK SAS can reach people whom not attempted beacause they left their contact information during the inscription process, so I can re-schedule.

CONS

sometimes there is beugs, but they fixed it fast

Reason for choosing Livestorm

we're french, I wanted to promote the french genius, plus, their options are the best.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

due to the fact that there is no download needed, I think it's a very simple process for the attendees

Fernando

Reviewed April 2020

Livestorm for Live Webinars

We and our users liked a lot, useful and a foundation for us on this situation

PROS

This software fits with the way we wanted to broadcast our courses, easy to use, and great user experience. Clean and intuitive.

CONS

We need private rooms to create the team´s exercises

Reason for choosing Livestorm

better features and pricing structure

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

Some special features as only web, limit for the participants.

Sam

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Good Promise very appalling Product

Initial complaint was brushed of as a technical error. Someone did call us to apologize and offer us a "compensation" only if we subscribed for one year ! Second support ticket was greeted with a message telling us their team was on a skiing holiday... Last support ticket is still un-answered, whilst they imply that the sound issue was coming from our connectivity issue while the facts show that this is not the case. This is a beta product, would definitely not recommend this app for a business webinar !

PROS

Ease of use and online web interface is definitely the best feature of this app

CONS

Very low conversion rates on webinar landing page! Very little custom personalization can be done on the subscription page Option to accept only professional emails made us lost subscribers of a listed company !! Listed company that had a domain nothing to do with public webmail domain. Voice quality when presenting a webinar with two users was catastrophic, the cause was not a connectivity issue but a bug with Livestorm that made it impossible to have two presenters have their mics on ! Chat notifications are on by default for the speakers resulting in an inaudible echo...

Hi Sam, This is Elif from Livestorm, reaching out to you on behalf of the whole team. Please know that we're sincerely sorry for the bad experience that you had with our platform. We take pride in our customer care and strive to be as reactive as possible. In the case of special circumstances, we proactively notify our users in advance. Two members of our customer care team followed up on the issues that you've submitted on your end. We apologize if you didn't find our responses satisfactory. We've verified the email address in question, and see that there are registrations with that email domain in our system. Regarding the audio issues, please know that live streaming relies heavily on environmental factors like your internet connection. We strive to give the best experience to all our users, so we certainly dropped the ball here! We will keep reviewing what happened and make sure that everything is running smoothly on our end. Thank you for trying us out! Best, Elif

Replied February 2021

Craig

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2020

The perceived hard, made Easy with Livestorm

The experience has been and on the few occasions we had some issues, the Livestorm customer care Team was prompt in resolving the issue and showing us how best to get the most out of the platform

PROS

At Highlight, we need a platform to deliver Customer facing webinars that was easy to use, easy to setup and most importantly delivered quality webinars at a touch of the button. Livestorm was an easy choice. At Highlight, we deliver bi-weekly webinars to our community and each and everyone has been successful and well-received.

CONS

There is nothing I can find fault with Livestorm.

Easy of use. Integration with our streaming platforms. Price

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

The last webinar software we used was very hard to ensure a quality voice and video stream for each session. There was always a dark cloud hanging over us if the live stream was actually good quality. With Livestorm, we have never had this issue, so the clouds were lifted and we could focus on the content - not the technology problems.

Alexander

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Livestorm: Partnerships & progress

We realise that in a proper partnership with Livestorm we will be able together to cross pollinate your product across our vast network of industry and corporate connections.

PROS

The Livestorm software is beneficial for our Council members spread across a huge regional and remote region of Australia, for connecting with national and international First Nation communities.

CONS

The main feature we are seeking is the capacity as an Administrator to, with consent, mute a participants microphone or camera depending on what is happening on their side. We would also really appreciate the capacity to upload documents direct into the Meeting room chat area, not just public facing Dropbox etc.

Reasons for switching to Livestorm

The ease of browser access, stripped down UI, privacy protections assurance.

laura

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Easy e smarter webinar

I made 10 webinars in the last 15 days and I am very satisfied

PROS

This is very easy to use, I like the customization and i can integrate it with a lot of app

CONS

I don't like that only 6 people can stay together on the room. I'd like to have at least 10 people together, and i'd like to have the name in the windows of all the contributors as Zoom

Reason for choosing Livestorm

Because is younger!! GoToWebinar is ninety style

For security reasons

Hannah

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2020

Great Webinar software that's easy to use

We really enjoy using the platform and have every intention to continue using it into the future for our upcoming live and on-demand video events.

PROS

I like the interactivity that the platform allows. We use the chat and polls section very successfully and get great interaction from our attendees. The landing page setup and automated emails makes setting up your webinars really easy.

CONS

We integrated the Livestorm platform with our HubSpot CRM and while the setup process is simple and easy using the API, the ability to define the information transferred into HubSpot onto the contact record is limited to one section and only allows the webinar name to be input into HubSpot. The ability to choose the field to be populated and with what information would be helpful.

Reason for choosing Livestorm

Ease of use, user management, UI, email automation, integration with HubSpot

Liam

Reviewed July 2023

Livestorm is a comprehensive tool for mimicking social settings

It is a fundamental tool for fostering online collaboration. It has been essential; we brought together and connected teams from all departments. It is functional and has yet to cause any problems between staff members. It's fantastic, and I encourage you to make it your primary mode of communication because of the ease with which you can send messages whenever you want and initiate calls or video conferences with a simple mouse touch.

PROS

One of the reasons I like Livestorm so much is that it makes it easy for me to get in touch with my coworkers and other people quickly. I like how the program is structured generally. It's simple to set up and provides businesses a streamlined procedure for managing and organizing online events. Companies can quickly contact more people, engage with them, and generate more leads with the help of Livestorm. My unique ability to communicate is in high demand.

CONS

One issue I've encountered while trying to contact Livestorm requires quick attention: the connection frequently cuts off or disconnects during the conversation.

Matthew

Reviewed October 2023

Livestorm is essential for continuing the advancement of technology

With Livestorm's platform of helpful tools on the dashboard, we've dramatically enhanced our web-based services, where we engage with clients via webinars. The software has made our communication much more pleasurable. I continuously sing the praises of this program because of how helpful it is in facilitating dialogue with clients and potential ones. I appreciate how useful it is.

PROS

A huge advantage when bidding on services online is familiarity with high-quality online weeklies. Excellent user experience, powerful features, and excellent efficiency make this software perfect for remote conferences. For online impartiality, I rely on video conferencing. This platform has increased our productivity and growth by encouraging collaboration, easing project management, and fortifying client relationships.

CONS

It isn't delightful because Livestorm's support team doesn't always answer my questions or takes days to do so.

Enrique