All DrChrono Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

DrChrono

Mike

Reviewed May 2018

Love the program. I had all my charts shredded--15 years worth.

chart elimination, eas of use, efficiency

PROS

Now I have all patient data in my small ipad. DrChrono is an efficient and easy program to use. NAd they have very good customer support. Just imagine eliminating all your paper charts!!

CONS

I have to pay for it. LOL. I have no negative comments to make about this great program.

Norman

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Product is "Good", Service is "Outstanding"

Dr C is excellent for our practice, easy to customize templates and support is always fast and effective.

PROS

Easy to implement, great support, ease of use

CONS

Some of the features don't really function as well as advertised

Reason for choosing DrChrono

I had experience with Dr C from a previous job and chose to stick with it

Thank you for the kind words and helpful feedback!

Replied January 2020

Shahla

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Slow speed and poor Customer service

Very Unpleasant. There are no consequences of their flaws even though we have bear financial cost of their system slowing down in the middle of a very busy day.

PROS

I really liked DC when I first got it in 2018. For the past 2 years, it has become a nightmare. My only problem is that I have no many notes and medical records that I can’t change EHR easily otherwise I would do it today. Highly unreliable and too expensive for poor quality.

CONS

Their abrupt slow speed in the middle of a busy day when our whole medical business comes to a stand still. It has caused us thousands of dollars loss as providers were unable to see patients but we still had to pay them for their time.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Valant didn’t have the billing integrated in it. I highly regret it and I want to go back to Valant again.

Hi Shahla, We appreciate you writing in and understand your frustration with the downtime we have recently experienced. We sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your practice. Our team has been working diligently to mitigate these issues and has a solution in place. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions - we appreciate your business!

Replied April 2024

Karolyn

Reviewed December 2019

DrChrono Software Review

Positive.

PROS

The ease of use, the numerous videos that provided tutorials, the excellent support and customer service provided by DrChrono's team.

CONS

Have yet to build in telemedicine portal, for example doxy.me, into their platform. That's the only missing piece.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Have used Epic for 10+ years and was looking for HIPPA compliant software for patient medical records that could be accessed easily by any device, used remotely by my team for patient care daily, accessed easily by my patients via patient portal, was easy to learn how to use with training support, and most importantly that provided excellent customer service. Their team also provides billing services if needed. Easy to use during telemedicine visits. Have enjoyed all the reports it can generate as well.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy our platform Karolyn!

Replied January 2020

Patricia

Reviewed October 2020

Customer Service and Ease of Use is Unmatched

The billing service is very good and efficient. They have made collections much easier

PROS

The ease of use of the program. It makes sense

CONS

There were no cons that I have experienced

Reason for choosing DrChrono

Liked their product secretions and services to make my life smoother and less

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Their billing and customer service was very poor

Tracy

Management Consulting

Reviewed May 2018

Easy to use program with great support

PROS

I love how very self explanatory Dr. Chrono is. I find it very easy to navigate from reporting to scheduling. The support staff is very responsive and attentive for any and all questions. Any time I needed assistance I received responses promptly. Every staff member that I spoke with always took the time to show me step by step instructions and were always available for follow up questions down the road.

CONS

The biggest problem that my clinic has run into with this software is that we have three different doctors in our practice that each have there own ways of taking payments, but because we only have one license for Dr. Chrono is hard to know which doctor the patient owes money too considering they see all three. We have worked around the problem, but it's very time consuming. Also the reporting was very minimal but has gotten better through the years

Kim

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great customizable platform/TERRIBLE customer service and help

Up and down. I do like the ease of the platform and that I can customize it. I hate the customer "service" which is honestly non-existent.

PROS

It is easy to make the forms exactly what you need for your practice. They do offer some tutorials up front, but they honestly were not very helpful. Fortunately if you have the slightest knowledge of programs, you can format things yourself very easily.

CONS

Lot's of down time. It goes slow and you can't access your records. The biggest CON for me though is the inability to get issues resolved. I have been working on getting an issue resolved with writing scripts for labs for over a year and half now and still not resolved. There is no place to call. So you can't actually talk to someone. Their hours to help you are in the middle of clinic hours so essentially you will never get help.

Reason for choosing DrChrono

Because it worked well with MAC supposedly.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

wanting something that worked with Apple products better. Wanting something that didn't crash as much and was more suited to psychiatric care.

Stephanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Everyone at DRC has been great. Our team especially loves [sensitive content hidden]. They always go above and beyond.

PROS

I have been very satisfied with the programs and interface. If is easy to use and intuitive in regard to navigating the software. They have just about everything needed when it comes reports one would need.

CONS

I can't say that I have any. The software and support have been great.

Eric

Reviewed February 2019

PROS

i like the new addition of several financial reports that you can run to really analyze your practice with regards to billing

CONS

the support is sometimes difficult to communicate with. they are timely but ifeel there is a language barrier.

Rebecca

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Works fine for outpatient psychiatry

PROS

I had a good experience with customer service at the beginning, they were available to show me the software. I also like the way you can set up appointment reminders. The layout of the site is fairly intuitive.

CONS

The mobile app is somewhat difficult to navigate and does not have all of the features of the full website.

Reviewed December 2020

Do not use this software product

I purchased this software for my primary care practice, the features seemed to fit very well. After eight months, and $10,000 paid, I have no product. After paying over $5000 to my existing software product to package the data onto a thumb drive, they were never able to extract the data. The TechTeam was clearly inept, inexperienced, and woefully lacking in training, experience, or knowledge. Countless hours and a small fortune, they were not able to put my data into their system. I contacted my current software vendor, Quest Quanum, and it seems the data extraction problem was unique to Dr. Chrono. They strung me along for several months, while I was paying monthly fees in anticipation of getting a new EHR software, without any real transparency. Now they are demanding all the money for the two-year contract. When I stopped payments and demanded my money back, they told me that they had hired a third-party for data extraction but it would cost me more money.

PROS

Integrated fax, calendar, messaging, all needed functions of the office and the health record combined into one software

CONS

Very poor customer support, and lack of knowledge by support teams

Reason for choosing DrChrono

On the surface the integration of multiple platforms seemed to be very good.

Reasons for switching to DrChrono

Needed integration of multiple platforms (EHR, fax, messaging, calendar)

Carleigh

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Highly disappointed

PROS

Well initially the sales team was responsive, quick, helpful. They quickly got us in for a demo. The demo was appealing. It appeared the software could do just about anything. But I know feel this was a heavy emphasis on sales no matter what. They even discounted our service at risk of it not being the right software for our needs.

CONS

It’s confusing. Complex. Not easy to use. Implementation team didn’t even know how to use features and would send us to specialists who were booked for days on end. When reaching out after signing a contract good luck getting help. We feel like we have become a number and not a customer or assets to them. It is one of the worst companies I have experienced since 1999. What happened to quick, helpful and efficient customer service? It was on the front end to make us a customer and to sign a ridiculous contract. Once in, they disappear and say they can’t help. They just send you to person to person. Then the person at the top is unavailable. It’s 2019. This is the worst company I have used since Comcast. Even then Comcast is better.

Reason for choosing DrChrono

I thought adding medical software would be helpful. I was wrong!

Jessica

Reviewed December 2019

Responsive Support, and an Improvement-Focused Team

My regular interactions with DrChrono's support staff and management team were consistently wonderful. The software could be a little more intuitively designed. I appreciate the magnitude of the service DrChrono strives to provide, and how challenging it must be to create a software that covers all bases.

PROS

DrChrono is very powerful software that aspires to provide integrated solutions to many or all needs of a medical office. The customer support is absolutely the best part of DrChrono. It seemed clear to me that DrChrono was invested in listening to customer feedback and making updates to better serve their clients. Each page provides a great deal of information. It's worth investing the time to learn how to make the most of the software.

CONS

There was one day when significant updates had been made to the software without any advance notice to the users. Left work one evening, started getting messages about the changes from struggling staff the next morning. That said, this happened only once in two years, and was not typical of the software experience. Training period recommended. This is not necessarily pick-up-and-go software for most people. The learning curve is relatively high, solutions aren't always intuitive, windows err on providing almost too much information so it can be a challenge to know where to focus for the data you need in the moment if you're not familiar with the software. It may be useful to note that emails sent through Dr.Chrono to patients are not HIPAA-compliant. While it's technically possible to manage inventory in DrChrono, there are better services out there.

Gregg

Medical Practice

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2016

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

PROS

It is nearly a one stop shop bedside tool for a busy outpatient surgical center. Consent and Data entry is pretty easy. Creating our own templates for nearly the entire process was essential, and we were able to do that with very little help. It's fairly intuitive. There are definitely downsides to creating your own templates (see below). The ability to draw notes and fax notes is excellent, and improvements in fax documentation and signing is indicative of how they try to constantly improve. The different tiers of service offers a slightly clunky fit, though overall it is pretty decent given the fact you mainly have to choose the feature they lay out at each tier of service. Also, there are on line instructions with video for many features, but they often have outdated videos and it's hard to distinguish. They should label each version with the VERSION of Dr. Chrono to which they are doing the training in order to avoid wasting time. The set up is easy. Help for the initial set up is good. They offer good training.

CONS

SERVICE. I can't stress strongly enough how variable the service quality is. There is no way to contact them other than email. You cannot call them. They call back at times when either I'm busy, or after hours. It's as though you can't get anyone or worse since they are at arms length. It makes it VERY difficult to deal with a complex problem. I am more that willing to pay extra for better service with a "phone line" or "hot line" to call. This has been rejected. I don't know why. I find it a poor way to run service for an EHR company. RELIABILITY: This is a real problem. There are so many breakdowns, inability to use the notes, slow service, etc. We increased our internet speed at work to 15G and it didn't really help other than increase speed when it is working. I do recommend a higher speed as the data is fairly intensive which is a plus for DrChrono - they can accomplish a lot. But the breakdowns have forced us to use paper charting on many occasions. A very recent example is that we could not view a complete not from the iPADS. We could from the computer, but that is NOT how we function, nor should we be expected to function that way. It was resolved in a few hours. The very next day you could not view notes from EITHER the iPAD or the computer. Other issues were consent forms simply dropping off the consent list on the iPAD or being put in reverse order. After many emails, they finally admitted there was a problem. Also, the back and forth creates poor communication when you get a request to take a "screen shot" of a problem that occurred a few days ago. Even then, you are lucky to get an answer other than "we are looking at this". SALES: Pretty darn good. Just wish they added a service package with a phone line/hot line.

Amanda

Reviewed April 2017

Better than any other EHR I have ever tried

I like that they pay attention to suggestions and they are VERY polite and courteous. They always have a very pleasant attitude, very optimistic and helpful. Whenever I am addressing a concern, I feel that they pay attention and try to solve it if they can. The fact that they don't have a phone number doesn't concern me. My former EHRs DID have a phone number but you would wait on hold for 10 minutes before anyone picked up and then you'd just have to leave a message for the right person to call you back. DrChrono is very quick to respond to emails and it is about the same as if you had called them. Plus, when it is in email format, you can go back and see the answer to a question anytime because it is documented in email.

PROS

To me, it is very straightforward and easy to use and navigate. If you are computer savvy, you could be up and running during the same week that you purchase this EHR. I like how the iPhone app DOES have a schedule for the day (despite what a previous review said) and it is super-easy to take pictures of insurance cards and pictures of the patient or their problems. The fact that it is cloud based is nice because I can operate it in the 35 different nursing homes where I practice. I have used 3 other EHRS before (OfficeMate, My Vision Express, and Crystal PM - for optometry) and they all had less capabilities than DrChrono. The ease of e-prescribing and e-faxing is also wonderful, and the claim filing is much easier than with the other EHRs.

CONS

There are some glitches in the software. For example, billing for a self-pay item is tedious and time consuming and if you accidentally enter the wrong amount as what the patient paid and have to change it later, the computer can't handle the change and gets everything mixed up and says the patient has a credit when the patient does not have a credit. Sometimes you just have to delete everything and start all over if you come across a billing glitch like that.

Craig

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2018

From a physicians perspective, a very unintuitive system with many idiosyncrasies that make it difficult to learn

Once again, an EMR that may meet the needs of administrators, but fails to help those who actually provide the health care services.

PROS

- Lots of pre-programmed macros - built in dictation works well - Electronic prescribing works well on app based version (but zip code needed to find a pharmacy using the web based version)

CONS

- Web based version very different from app based version - illogical provider work flow - steps needed to navigate through the system are unintuitive - very small fields in which to enter patient data (med hx, fam hx, soc hx, etc.) - Program did not initially store any patient data that was entered - i.e., patient information such as medical hx, fam hx, etc., was not being saved. Our IT people - had to work with drchrono to set up a 'button' to turn on to save this information - unable to compare previous labs side by side with new results - Results do not automatically enter into a patient's chart; thus unable to communicate with patients directly from screen that has either lab or imaging results - have to enter into the patient chart to initiate communication, then return back to your message or task center to continue processing other results

Hi Craig, Thank you for submitting your feedback. We understand that you have had some concerns in regards to the general workflow and layout of the platform, and we would like to let you know that DrChrono EHR is robust and customizable to match your workflows. We've also been notified that your Account Manager is working closely with your practice to help customize DrChrono EHR to fit your unique needs. In terms of comparing lab results side-by-side, our team is currently working on this feature. Unlike other EHRs that release product enhancements once in a while, DrChrono constantly improves and releases new features and updates throughout the year. Stay tuned for an update from your Account Manger. We are glad to help resolve the setup questions and we’ll continue to follow up with your AM to ensure DrChrono is serving your clinic as needed. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact your Account Manager or directly at ehr@drchrono.com as this is always an avenue for you. -DrChrono Team

Replied March 2018

Kristina

Reviewed March 2018

Non Existent Technical Support - If the program isn't working you are out of luck

NEVER CHOOSE AN EMR THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DIRECT TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER

PROS

Digitally receiving e faxes Fairly easy e-refills Price point is competative Custom appointment profiles are nice

CONS

1) There is no tech support number. You can only email tech support. Tech support has taken weeks to get back to us. Most of our concerns have gone unaddressed. People say they will look into an issue and then we will not hear back. EPCS has been down all day. I called the sales number. No one answers. The sales voicemail was full! I emailed every contact I had. No response. I emailed tech support. They wrote that EPCS is fixed and working. EPCS is still not working. I have no ability to talk to a human. No one can give me an ETA, let alone fix the issue. For this reason alone I would never choose this EMR again. 2) You cannot write a note in a patient's chart without creating an appointment. 3) The SOAPNOTE set up is just strange. 4) Our outgoing e-faxes don't work properly and no one has gotten back to us about this issue. 5) There are no lab, radiology, pathology tabs. You have to assign tags manually in each chart. 6) Electronic lab results and uploaded lab results cannot go to the same folder. 7) As soon as we gave our credit card we have not heard from our sales rep and no one seems to care if our account is functional or not.

Hello Kristina, We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to follow up with you in regards to the concerns you've noted. During the implementation of our EHR, your practice has been assigned a dedicated account manager who can help you make the most out of DrChrono EHR, and we've been informed that your Account Manager has been in contact with you. In addition, our account management team holds regular account reviews to provide product updates as well as document any feedback you may have. Our marketing team also sends out our Account Review Request emails to our customers so that we can proactively touch base with any of the customers that want to have their account reviewed or to answer your questions. In terms of technical support, we respond to most of our online support tickets within 1 business day. Moreover, there are numerous knowledge base articles that can answer most of your technical questions. Our sales line is dedicated to the sales team and not our customer support so it is not the right number to call. If you have any other questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at ehr@drchrono.com or reach out to your account manager. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you. -DrChrono Team

Replied March 2018