All Praxis EMR Reviews

Roger

Reviewed February 2024

Manual Artificial intelligence

As a 24 year user (since 2000), the product have improved leaps and bounds. This product I call a manual AI and have endless capability and development. While a majority of my colleagues are BURNED out as documented by numerous articles and a recent publication by AMA we see almost half of physicians planning to exit within 2 years [sensitive content hidden] , I continue to be OPTIMISTIC and feel like I am just starting. This technology tool is really mind boggling. As a Geriatrician Internist handling complicated multiple medical issues Praxis gives me supreme confidence and satisfaction on what I do. WE ALSO consistently score within the top 1 to 3 in our quality measures in our network because of Praxis

PROS

I am a user since 2000 though the product was bought in 1999. It can efficiently record and document information better than Nabla or a background recorder.

CONS

None worth mentioning at this time . I had seen demos from other EMR's such as Athena, Ambient AI like Nabla and I am done with documentation using Praxis immediately. As predicted with this product I am capable even increasing my patient load 25 to 30%.

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Best EMR for customization

With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

PROS

Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

CONS

I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

We wanted control of our records and billing, and wanted to avoid templates we had to chart around instead of building the data in a way useful to us, our patients and our specialist colleagues. We also wanted the customization of how we bill and interact digitally with labs and other outside agencies such as state immunization programs.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

We became the owners of our practice and had the flexibility to make EMR decisions. We needed an EMR that produced useful information in taking care of patients

Tina

Reviewed September 2020

Praxis EMR first 4 months

Frustrating training. Very slow. Not consistent. Very robust in what it can do. But I think it will take me a while until I get to the point that I can really appreciate it. The concept pf the processer is great.

PROS

It is different in that every thing is set up in one page for a SOAP note instead of having different windows for the note, the diagnosis , meds, etc. This is easier than flipping around the chart. Also, when you put something in the note, such as the prescription, or a referral, it sends it when you close the note. So you aren't having to do something twice.

CONS

It is different as it is set up so the processor needs to "learn" what you do to help you write notes. You have a full note available and then activate or deactivate what pertains. Unfortunately the Plan section is a little disjointed and doesn't have this ability. In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter". There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. And my training had no idea why it is like that or how to help me know which way other than wrote memory. So the training is very uphill and the setting up of "assessments", their idea of templates, is very cumbersome. So I think that once I get there, it will be very useful . The other big downfall is that it is runs very slow. They recently migrated to Postgress to fix this, but I don't see a difference except there seem to be fewer crashes.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

I liked the concept of the processer and that you can do all functions from one screen and don't have to go to different places for each function.

Moved.

Amor

Reviewed June 2019

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each patient yet, with E clinical works, I would have to click on the same orders over and over again - wasting time that would accrue over the busy day. Some of the layout of my notes was confusing with a lot of extraneous information added to notes automatically - that had no bearing on the patient care. When I started my new practice, I absolutely did not want to have a template-based system. Lo and behold, I came across Praxis. When I did the demo, it was great that Dr. Loh himself (the CEO and a fellow physician) showed me many of the unique features of Praxis. For the most part, I am so impressed by the concept processor in that many of my cases are somewhat similar to each other in terms of the orders. If I see a case, I automatically just click on the assessment that I have set up for other similar cases and boom - my note automatically populates with the wording and phrasology that I would normally use. I just have to modify some of the details and I save a lot of time this way than having to write the same history over and over again - as I did with Eclinical works.

PROS

- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

CONS

nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

non template based system designed by physicians that works for physicians - not billers/administrators who are non-healthcare professionals

Alkesh

Reviewed December 2021

The Ultimate EMR

Praxis: Easy to implement. Easy to learn. Easy to use. Easy to comply with MIPS and MACRA requirements. Saves time and allows us to practice quality medicine.

PROS

I have been in practice for the last 27 years and Praxis is my 4th EMR and so far the best one. Praxis is very affordable which is very important for smaller practices. Starting from an implementation to training, Praxis team was exceptional. Having a designated contact person was very helpful during the first few months to help resolve any unexpected issues in a timely manner. Learning curve with Praxis is much gentler and easier compared to other EMRs. Praxis allows you to document the way your mind thinks and practice the way you once dreamed about. Praxis will allow you to provide quality care and meet all necessary guidelines which will result in better reimbursement over time.

CONS

Lack of its own faxing solution and hope that Praxis will have its own integrated faxing solution in future

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

NextGen was very expensive and not easy to use or customize like Praxis.

Frederick

Reviewed August 2019

Updated Praxis Review

Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

PROS

Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

CONS

I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

Praxis was more intuitive and learned with each use.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

Athena was too expensive to operate. Fees were high.

Ajeeb

Reviewed June 2020

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

PROS

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

CONS

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

I own the product and host it on my own server which I prefer and also cost was more attractive and the reviews were good for Family Practice for the product!

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

I started on my own from a hospital practice.

Donald

Reviewed August 2019

User friendly Non-template EMR

I have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs. Support is amazing: rapid and effective.

PROS

The progress notes are in my words with no "template language." The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps. Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients. I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit. New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.

CONS

I wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

Much more intuitive. Less clicking. Not constricted by templates.

Laura

Reviewed December 2022

Great EMR

Have been using it since 2012 and overall it is a great EMR compared to others. MOST IMPORTANTLY THE SUPPORT team is very attentive to our needs and answer immediately with a live chat or will always call you back immediately. The response time for a team member is immediate. This goes a long way with great support.

PROS

It is very user friendly - and most importantly you can customize it to your own liking and create your own knowledge base.

CONS

There really isn't anything that we don't like with this software.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

IT was not a template and was very user friendly and you were able to create your own knowledge base.

Darren

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Praxis EMR

The team worked through setting up the system for our practice and once we learned it our documentation time continued to decrease. I really appreciate the support from the company after going live as well. We continue to learn new features and the company continues to improve the product.

PROS

It helps carry needed information forward, has customizable profiles and speeds up documentation time considerably over our last system.

CONS

The old version was slow, but with the new version that is corrected.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

System was older and did not keep up with the changing landscape of healthcare.

Stephen

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Excellent EMR

Great setup team who teaches how to use the product. Great support when you have questions later. Charting MY way not the way some software designer thinks I should. I cannot stress that point. It is s smooth training process and as you are learning the system you are also setting it up for easier charting at the same time.

PROS

Strong software with a wide range of features for an incredible reasonable price. It grows as you use it so it begins to basically automate your charting more and more as you go. In an office setting it can end up taking care of your charting, prescriptions and patient instructions very quickly and easily. The ability to customize your charting and patient instructions is super valuable. Some other EMRs do not allow that much freedom in the way they work but Praxis lets you do your exams YOUR way. You can organize the notes to the way you are used to charting. Not sure how to do it..no problem, they have the team that will take you through it. Their training team and support are incredible. Tired of trying to manage code for billing? It does it for you. It helps make sure your codes are correct taking a big burden off of you in the charting process.

CONS

I guess something has to go here to complete the review, so, let me think.....I guess it wasn't free...LOL.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

Very affordable price for the large amount of features it offers. Nothing else offered as much for such a great price. The people were up front and very helpful. The owner gets personally involved in helping with the decision process and even helped in the training. Again, being able to chart MY way was a necessity and this allows me to do that. Also, they did allow access to videos of the product to let you see if it was even something you are interested in before talking to the sales team. When going through the demo process there was no pressure. Some companies really press with hard sales tactics. Praxis team is friendly and does a good job to present a valuable product and help you decide it is right for you without pressure. They make sure it is your decision and that you will be happy with it.

Stephen

Reviewed May 2021

Comparison of EMR's

To have been so fortunate to have been able to first use then compare Praxis to the EMR's used by the clinics that I've worked out of but let me use Praxis has really opened my eyes to what make a great EMR

PROS

Praxis (an EMR/ EHR, developed by a practicing doctor) thinks like a doctor, the best example that I give, is, I took over a retiring physicians practice, upon seeing one of his patients, I turned to the paper note which simply read; "Diabetes, well controlled" Interesting enough, upon turning to the lab section of the paper chart, I saw a signed and dated lab sheet that read; -A1c 6.8 -renal function (all within normal vaules) -Ldl was 68 Next, turning to the Specialist tab, I found, once again, a signed and dated ophthalmologist note that denoted a normal retinal exam, while the podiatric exam also was normal. For Dr Tate, "Diabetes, well controlled", meant the A1c was < 7, the renal function was normal, an up to date and normal diabetic eye and feet exam had recently been done. It also represented the normal review of system, examination, Assessment and Plan. Unlike template EM/EHR's, Praxis, documents the way a doctor thinks, imagine an EMR that upon picking the Assessment; "Diabetes, well controlled", then prints out all the above, including all the CPT's and ICD codes (all at the speed of thought) (not taking 6 clicks to simply send a referral), sending the billing, referrals and lab orders I'm currently in a very unique position, the company I work for, uses "Epic" (there is now way it was developed by a doctor, it takes several clicks and each click is taking your doctor away from facing the patient) to write one prescription, a good EMR does not, Praxis does not

CONS

It's hard for me to really give a negative statement about Praxis (remember, in the last three years, I've had to use three different EMR's that are used in the hospitals, SNF or adjoining clinics, Praxis is so head and shoulders above (it's almost laughable seeing there inefficiencies)

cost, slowness and inefficacies

Marilyn

Reviewed July 2019

An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors

There are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks like everyone else's template that becomes cumbersome to read because of the redundancy, the support service for Praxis is phenomenal. I get answers to my questions within minutes; there is no staying on hold and being transferred to several people while someone is frantically going through the same manual you already read. Support is available after hours and sometimes I get answers late at night. When I am really stuck I get a call from one of the designers of Praxis. The Praxis executive team's suggestions and insights have been extremely helpful and their personal commitment to this software is second to none. I have used several other software platforms, both in hospitals and in the office and this is definitely the best one out there if you value accurate, original documentation that helps you provide superior care to your patients.

PROS

Should you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group chose another company that promised everything, but delivered nothing. They hated their choice. Several years ago I looked at Praxis again. The cost is now affordable and the company's commitment to maintaining a high quality EMR system that prioritizes superb patient care is still there. Other systems I've used are template driven. Coding and capturing documentation is what drives their software. Essentially they are a billing template in disguise. Praxis comes as close to producing a high quality note in exactly my own words as when I used to chart with pen and paper. It is true that initial documentation is not automatic; for the first few diagnoses I had to invest time to get the details entered. However, once I did that, future cases got faster until Praxis anticipates diagnoses and outlines a treatment plan about as quickly as I can think it. Praxis prompts me about relevant clinical elements which I may not have considered. The focus is on symptoms, impressions, and treatment; not ICD 10 codes, CPT codes, and a format that benefits the biller, not the patient.

CONS

It would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.

Reviewed February 2020

A great EMR

An old saying: It's not what you know but what you can prove! Documentation, Documentation, Documentation. Praxis allows one to create appropriate documentation for the services rendered and billed. Praxis is HIPPA compliant. Praxis allows me to spend my time speaking to and examining patients and not staring at a computer screen during the encounter. I believe Praxis supports dictation and/or programs like Dragon Speaking; however, I am musch faster typing than I am dictating. I don't have to correct entries from word recognition programs or dictation entries.

PROS

Easy to learn and easy to use. I can generate documentation of a high level of care with minimum time. Much faster and more accurate than dictating. Very customizable - one is not constricted/limited by preformed templates created by someone else with someone else's language/words. One can create notes that reeflect not just what one does but in a language consistent with the author. Reliable and Afordable. Less complicated/shorter learning curve than other EMRs. It is/was very adaptable to my practice which included several specialties: General & Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Primary Care and Addiction Medicine.

CONS

Praxis has electronic scripting, but is still working on excripting for controlled substances. However, Praxis is partnering with MD Toolbox for controlled substance electronic scripting until it is incorporated into Praxis' current electronic scripting. For now escripting controlled substances is an extra step, but an HL7 interface allows transfer of demographics from Praxis, so one does not have to enter patients separately in each program.

Reasons for switching to Praxis EMR

It seems that my earlier DOS base program was being discontinued. Praxis was much more flexible for my practice which included at that time General & Thhoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, and Primary Care.

Reviewed July 2020

Exceptional EMR Product

Patient encounters are streamlined and efficient, permitting faster delivery of quality care and increased revenue.

PROS

The program is extremely effective in documenting the physicians' evaluation and management service for individual patients. This EMR has helped make my charting bulletproof in CPT level of service coding audits. Praxis functionality is amazing in capturing point of service charges. It retains each provider's diagnostic approach and level of skill and judgement for any given symptom assessment or specific ICD-10 d aiagnosis for future use and refinement of that clinical setting. The longer you use your knowledge database, the smarter, faster and better you become.

CONS

The fact that providers must learn and apply appropriate documentation criteria for effective CPT coding skills is frequently not as attractive to physicians as the study and practice of medicine. The responsibility for accurately and completely capturing those codes remains the responsibility of the treating provider. Praxis software admirably turns this educational process into a strength of the product as it empowers users to constantly sharpen this skill set with innovative charting for coding capture.

Reason for choosing Praxis EMR

I selected Praxis for its innovative documentation, organized and streamlined to meet evolving quality care indicators while allowing me the time I need to develop a long term rapport with the patient.

Improved productivity, documentation, Point of Service (POS) charge capture

Steve

Reviewed January 2018

Praxis is the by far the best, most intuitive EMR I've ever used.

PROS

We transitioned to Praxis one year ago and the implementation was surprisingly smooth. Once Praxis begins to learn you and you continue to save more notes, charting begins to simply take care of itself. Where I used to be in the office until 7:00 or later charting, I now often leave the office at 5:30 with all my charts, phone calls, refills, etc... done. Since Praxis doesn't require you to click through templates, I get to spend the visit with the patient making eye contact not stuck behind a computer. Reimbursements continue to become more and more value based. Praxis easily helps you make sure you are hitting your benchmarks with the documentation to back it up. By utilizing a practice management solution that typically partners with Praxis, we are working on essentially automating the billing process. The ultimate EMR would be one that, when it is working at it's best, you would barely know that it was there. Instead you simply find yourself practicing medicine with a tool helping you do so efficiently and with excellence. In my experience Praxis is the only EMR that begins to fill that goal.

CONS

No EMR is perfect. Praxis has been beyond responsive to our requests for improvements. They are driven by the users and creating the best experience possible. It has been refreshing to have a software company listen to our concerns as opposed to telling what we want.

Jeremy