• icon"The elimination of latency is fantastic. That is why I tried the software and why I continue to use it."
  • icon"The interface with Quickbooks is easy, too. We are new to student portals and connecting resources for virtual learning, but so far that is going well."
  • icon"I like the customer service and the continuous improvement of your software based on customer suggestions."
  • icon"Writing emails directly into the program is difficult."
  • icon"The first time I used this software it was hard but the more I used it the more I learned more about it. The payment process is tricky and takes many steps to process."
  • icon"Website is difficult to use. Ugly interface and poor UX in general."

All Jackrabbit Music Reviews

I appreciate the comprehensive integration of billing and scheduling on the same platform.

Billing and scheduling integration

Pros

Clear layout of data. Very accessible multi-level data!! Excellent record keeping and reporting ability!!

Cons

The scheduler could benefit from "drag and drop" functionality, but I suspect that it is not available for good reason. The retail integration is a bit clumsy

Anna

Critical features are missing

The best thing about Jackrabbit is its support team. They are always there to help and guide through problems.

Pros

We hoped it would be a complete music school management software, but it is not.

Cons

Signing up for the software we realized that a few critical features were not there, but were assured that it is under consideration. Two years later, after multiple "idea suggestions" with an overwhelming support from the fellow users these critical for any music school features are still missing. There is still No Store feature and No private lessons feature. Dance Recital Ticketing and the Uniform are not useful to a music school. Considering other options now. The only thing stopping me is the amount of time we spend learning and organizing, but unless the Private lessons and the store would be include, the switch will happen.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Music

Price point and a hope that all the "promised" features would be included. Considering switching to Aplos now.

Jason

Web based account management software with good, web-based accessibility

Easy access. Fast interface.

Pros

Easily access accounts from the web. Fast interface and well laid out. JR is good about adding features and making them relevant. Customer service is good and fast to respond.

Cons

1) There is no way to export TAX to quickbooks!!!! This is a HUGE problem. Every month we need to make a separate manual entry that tracks the tax. 2) The Revenue Summary (and similar) reports are terrible. The groupings are very difficult to read. It should have a nice format according to CAT1, 2, 3 for easy sub-totaling. It also needs to break-out the taxes. 3) The export to excel for the reports is very bad. The function outputs data to excel, but the data is so poorly dumped out that it is almost not usable. 4) CAT2 and 3 cannot be exported to Quickbooks! Why? 5) Forces us to use Global as credit card merchant. I wish there was an alternative. Refunds and linking payments is cumbersome. 6) The scheduling tool needs improvement 7) Instructor time report needs to have a total number of hours

I Love Jackrabbit

Before Jackrabbit, we used 4 different databases. Jackrabbit has made our lives SO much easier!

Pros

Jackrabbit has made it SO easy for our piano school to maintain our database, keep in touch, and bill our customers.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the way that registration fees are set up. We are forced to use another software for our classes that have different fees, which is inconvenient.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Music

Jackrabbit had every single feature that we needed to run our business smoothly.

Jackrabbit is superior.

Lachelle

Industry: Performing Arts

They continue to improve!

They have made a lot of upgrades and continue to meet the needs of their customers.

Pros

All their systems work together. It is a one-stop program and integrate everything within the studio. I got rid of my Quickbooks, merchant account, outside scheduler when I moved to Jackrabbit. I could get rid of our communications systems except it would be too hard to move everyone over at this point.

Cons

We do group classes and private lessons. Even thought they say they handle private instruction, they don't do it well. So if a student wants to take an every other week lesson, those are all separate class enrollments. So in that case, it is not friendly to a private studio. We had been with them before and for another program due to this. We came back because we needed an integrated system. I figured we'd come up with a work around.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Music

We needed a more stable invoicing/payment platform.

George

Jackrabbit is great!

Excellent.

Pros

Tons of functionality and the BEST customer service.

Cons

It’s not the most intuitive, and those who aren’t computer savvy often have trouble in it.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Music

Better service, customizable to fit my needs for in home and private lessons

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Music

It was awful, needed different functionality. They had horrible service too.

Patia

March 2022

Overall helpful but needs greater customization

Overall it has helped us grow by maintaining basic family & student information and streamlining billing. I do not manage the billing so I can't speak to specifics, but I think it has helped streamline things for our team.

Pros

Jackrabbit is most useful to us for registration, billing, and maintaining a contact database that is sortable by location, instructor, and other parameters.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky and lacks robust customization. 1. We need the ability to customize student info such as gender options beyond male/female, instrument, etc. We use the user defined fields to gather this info but there is no way to make these fields appear on a student's "main" page. I end up manually copying & pasting or typing it all into a spreadsheet. If we could customize further, I could take care of all of this. I'd also like parents/mentors/caregivers/step parents be able to manually enter their relationship to students instead of selecting from a drop down menu. The options are just too limited. 2. We rely on Google calendar to actually manage and reschedule lessons.

Marlayna

Great Purchase Decision

I have thoroughly enjoyed this software and the staff that keep it going. The groups on Facebook are ever so helpful and speaking with tech support ALWAYS yields a solution. Always.

Pros

I love that the software is mostly intuitive. There are a few pains, but overall I can find the information I need rather quickly.

Cons

I don't like the limited views that we require as a music school with mostly private lessons.

Reasons for choosing Jackrabbit Music

At the time I had no desire to utilize the virtual feature or make-up feature which was all the craze at the time of purchase. Also, I liked the affordability of a brand new start up, not knowing if we would be succesful beyond our first year. We are!

Erin

Good Value, Hoping for a monthly installment option

Excellent.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff to use, great data storage, usually pretty fast

Cons

We put the total of annual tuition on accounts at one time so people can see the total they committed to paying. Some elect to pay in monthly installments. As it currently is, I have to manually charge all of those accounts each month by typing in their monthly installment amount and applying it to the tuition balance. It takes a lot of time. Wish we could have an option to enter that monthly amount once and automatically charge and apply it, along with any other fees incurred that month. Would save hours of admin time.

Ellie

March 2022

Jackrabbit is excellent software, well worth the investment.

Jackrabbit has taken the place of multiple softwares that we were previously using. It has been excellent for us because we are able to track so many different metrics, everything from student progress to inventory to enrollment data. It is an investment in time to set up, but well worth it.

Pros

This is very a comprehensive program! The reporting, tracking, scheduling and billing features are excellent. Jackrabbit is constantly updating the interface, increasing functionality and improving the user experience.

Cons

Because it is so comprehensive, it is sometimes very cumbersome. Taking the basic training they offer is well worth the investment.

Theresa

Saves time and money!

My business has gotten easier and easier to manage as a result of using Jackrabbit Class. It is the lifeline of my business, and I couldn't do without my Jackrabbit!!

Pros

I've been a loyal Jackrabbit user for over 10 years now. We chose the program because of its powerful capabilities and proven track record. With an enrollment of nearly 700 families, I love having so much data about every student in our music school at just a click away. The reports, Staff Portal, online registration, and ease of billing/collection have saved me countless hours and therefore, so much money! Best of all, Jackrabbit Support is unparalleled - accessible, responsive, and always super helpful. I have also benefited tremendously from the regular software reviews that Jackrabbit offers. Jackrabbit really listens to their customers too, always making enhancements that make the software easier and better to use!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and Jackrabbit doesn't have some of the slick add-on's that other software offers, but it's other features and benefits outweigh this, in my mind.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

Replied December 2018

Nancy

I would not want to run my music school without Jackrabbit! It saves me time and money!

Pros

What I like most is the amount of time I save using Jackrabbit. I can post monthly tuition fees for 900 students, and collect the money on the first of the month(credit cards and bank drafts) in less than 30 minutes! I love that Jackrabbit can export financial data to Quickbooks, which saves me from re-entering data. I love the lesson scheduling, which can keep track of future drops and future enrolls. Because we have so many families with the same last name, I love that it keeps student_family_transactions all in one place to avoid errors. I love the extensive reporting capabilty. I could go on, but you get the idea. If you tried to take it away from me, you would have a fight on your hands.

Cons

It is a little bit pricey. On makeup lessons, it would be helpful to be able to record a "partial makeup", for example if the student is owed a 30 minute lesson, and the instructor is able to give a 15 minute makeup, it would be nice to be able to keep track of that.

Deanna

50/50

It does not register if a payment was stopped. It takes too many steps in order to process a payment. Everything is very time consuming.

Pros

Search families is quick. We can see a long transaction history

Cons

There are so many buttons to click and subcategories. If I want to edit the family I cannot do it from their main page I have to go into contacts - edit from there. If I change the cost of a class in "classes" it does not update in transactions. That is so frustrating. Reports area is junky and too cluttered. If a payment doesn't go through.. it isn't registered with Jackrabbit.

Elke

Customer Service has been nothing short of fantastic.

Pros

Cons

That there is no way to filter out toxic families when creating email reports for active or inactive families OR when archiving families to a lead file. There is no way to put toxic families into another category so they can't re-enroll again. This is easily one of your largest discrepancies and has caused turmoil for us as well as another businesses we know who has used this software. We have considered switching to Apple's new software because the other business we know crumbled due to this defect in your software. Other than that your software is fantastic!

Maggie

Steep learning curve

Some people on our team really struggle with it. Setting up classes is very time-consuming. Once you know how to set up the classes so the billing and registration work well, it's easier.

Pros

I've had excellent experiences with customer support. The training modules are also very helpful. It's worth investing time into those modules and getting the certifications.

Cons

There are a lot of aspects of the admin interface/dashboard/calendar that I do not care for. I am still finding features that would have been helpful to know about before, but they were sort of hidden in the menus (which are awkwardly named). It would be very helpful to have a feature that lets you "test drive" the Parent Portal - to get a handle on what the viewer sees. Right now we have to set it up on the back end and then log in with a test account, which is not very convenient.