• Pros

• "I've had excellent experiences with customer support. The training modules are also very helpful. It's worth investing time into those modules and getting the certifications."

• "It is a very dependable product. I most like the fact that I can run auto payments and annual fees. I also love the yearly graphs and reports. "

• "Jackrabbit provides fluid workflow and quick payments. It's interface for invoicing customers is particularly easy to use!"

• Cons

• "The lack of a customer makeup class self-scheduler. Sometimes, the features are TOO robust. The learning curve is steep. The cost. "

• "Because of the multi-purpose nature of the software, some of the more powerful and useful features are sometimes difficult to find."

• "The scheduling for individual appointments is not the easiest process. It takes too many steps and creating a class for just one person."

Browse Jackrabbit Music Reviews

Erin from Academy of Sound

Jackrabbit has taken away many of the issues we used to have with registration and payments!

It makes collecting money easy -- very rarely do we deal with late fees or disenrollment due to nonpayment anymore. The online registration helps people who really want to enroll, to get it done quickly and easily at their convenience.

Pros

Makes billing and autopay easy. Enables our customers to fully understand our billing method and policies. Helps us keep track of inventory, and easily bill sales to customers. Online registration is fantastic.

Cons

The way absences can't be marked as made up on a certain date. The current makeup feature does not work for us because we're all private lessons, not classes where kids can just go to a different class to make up an absence.

Sarah from Wagner's School of Music

I Love Jackrabbit

Before Jackrabbit, we used 4 different databases. Jackrabbit has made our lives SO much easier!

Pros

Jackrabbit has made it SO easy for our piano school to maintain our database, keep in touch, and bill our customers.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the way that registration fees are set up. We are forced to use another software for our classes that have different fees, which is inconvenient.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Music

Jackrabbit had every single feature that we needed to run our business smoothly.

Jackrabbit is superior.

Jason from Bravo Academy

Web based account management software with good, web-based accessibility

Easy access. Fast interface.

Pros

Easily access accounts from the web. Fast interface and well laid out. JR is good about adding features and making them relevant. Customer service is good and fast to respond.

Cons

1) There is no way to export TAX to quickbooks!!!! This is a HUGE problem. Every month we need to make a separate manual entry that tracks the tax. 2) The Revenue Summary (and similar) reports are terrible. The groupings are very difficult to read. It should have a nice format according to CAT1, 2, 3 for easy sub-totaling. It also needs to break-out the taxes. 3) The export to excel for the reports is very bad. The function outputs data to excel, but the data is so poorly dumped out that it is almost not usable. 4) CAT2 and 3 cannot be exported to Quickbooks! Why? 5) Forces us to use Global as credit card merchant. I wish there was an alternative. Refunds and linking payments is cumbersome. 6) The scheduling tool needs improvement 7) Instructor time report needs to have a total number of hours

Lachelle from Allegro Community Music School

Industry: Performing Arts

They continue to improve!

They have made a lot of upgrades and continue to meet the needs of their customers.

Pros

All their systems work together. It is a one-stop program and integrate everything within the studio. I got rid of my Quickbooks, merchant account, outside scheduler when I moved to Jackrabbit. I could get rid of our communications systems except it would be too hard to move everyone over at this point.

Cons

We do group classes and private lessons. Even thought they say they handle private instruction, they don't do it well. So if a student wants to take an every other week lesson, those are all separate class enrollments. So in that case, it is not friendly to a private studio. We had been with them before and for another program due to this. We came back because we needed an integrated system. I figured we'd come up with a work around.

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Music

We needed a more stable invoicing/payment platform.

George from Bold music lessons

Jackrabbit is great!

Excellent.

Pros

Tons of functionality and the BEST customer service.

Cons

It’s not the most intuitive, and those who aren’t computer savvy often have trouble in it.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Music

Better service, customizable to fit my needs for in home and private lessons

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Music

It was awful, needed different functionality. They had horrible service too.

Theresa from Piano Central Studios

Saves time and money!

My business has gotten easier and easier to manage as a result of using Jackrabbit Class. It is the lifeline of my business, and I couldn't do without my Jackrabbit!!

Pros

I've been a loyal Jackrabbit user for over 10 years now. We chose the program because of its powerful capabilities and proven track record. With an enrollment of nearly 700 families, I love having so much data about every student in our music school at just a click away. The reports, Staff Portal, online registration, and ease of billing/collection have saved me countless hours and therefore, so much money! Best of all, Jackrabbit Support is unparalleled - accessible, responsive, and always super helpful. I have also benefited tremendously from the regular software reviews that Jackrabbit offers. Jackrabbit really listens to their customers too, always making enhancements that make the software easier and better to use!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and Jackrabbit doesn't have some of the slick add-on's that other software offers, but it's other features and benefits outweigh this, in my mind.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

Nancy from Cy-Fair Music and Arts

I would not want to run my music school without Jackrabbit! It saves me time and money!

Pros

What I like most is the amount of time I save using Jackrabbit. I can post monthly tuition fees for 900 students, and collect the money on the first of the month(credit cards and bank drafts) in less than 30 minutes! I love that Jackrabbit can export financial data to Quickbooks, which saves me from re-entering data. I love the lesson scheduling, which can keep track of future drops and future enrolls. Because we have so many families with the same last name, I love that it keeps student_family_transactions all in one place to avoid errors. I love the extensive reporting capabilty. I could go on, but you get the idea. If you tried to take it away from me, you would have a fight on your hands.

Cons

It is a little bit pricey. On makeup lessons, it would be helpful to be able to record a "partial makeup", for example if the student is owed a 30 minute lesson, and the instructor is able to give a 15 minute makeup, it would be nice to be able to keep track of that.

Deanna from New Music School

50/50

It does not register if a payment was stopped. It takes too many steps in order to process a payment. Everything is very time consuming.

Pros

Search families is quick. We can see a long transaction history

Cons

There are so many buttons to click and subcategories. If I want to edit the family I cannot do it from their main page I have to go into contacts - edit from there. If I change the cost of a class in "classes" it does not update in transactions. That is so frustrating. Reports area is junky and too cluttered. If a payment doesn't go through.. it isn't registered with Jackrabbit.

Elke from Myriad Music School & Dance Academy

Customer Service has been nothing short of fantastic.

Pros

I like the customer service and the continuous improvement of your software based on customer suggestions.

Cons

That there is no way to filter out toxic families when creating email reports for active or inactive families OR when archiving families to a lead file. There is no way to put toxic families into another category so they can't re-enroll again. This is easily one of your largest discrepancies and has caused turmoil for us as well as another businesses we know who has used this software. We have considered switching to Apple's new software because the other business we know crumbled due to this defect in your software. Other than that your software is fantastic!

Melanie from Williamsburg Music Studio

Music School User

Pros

I love that all of my student and staff information is in one place. I can email, run payments, check schedules, clock hours in one spot. The interface with Quickbooks is easy, too. We are new to student portals and connecting resources for virtual learning, but so far that is going well.

Cons

There is not much space available for uploading resources for students into their class. However, I have not checked in to see if there is an option to upgrade. You are able to link to Dropbox or Youtube which is a good alternative.

Maggie from Monroe Street Arts Center

Steep learning curve

Some people on our team really struggle with it. Setting up classes is very time-consuming. Once you know how to set up the classes so the billing and registration work well, it's easier.

Pros

Cons

There are a lot of aspects of the admin interface/dashboard/calendar that I do not care for. I am still finding features that would have been helpful to know about before, but they were sort of hidden in the menus (which are awkwardly named). It would be very helpful to have a feature that lets you "test drive" the Parent Portal - to get a handle on what the viewer sees. Right now we have to set it up on the back end and then log in with a test account, which is not very convenient.

Sabine from M&S Studio

I am using the software now for 8 years

Pros

this software simple and easy to use once you get use to it. It gives you a quick overview of weekly schedule per teacher and all students enrolled. You have the whole family profile and can do all the accounting like invoices and collecting fees. You can also can communicate with families and leads with a click of the button.

Cons

it can be overwhelming especially at the beginning, but they have a great support staff. I really can't say any other negative things. If there is something that need improvement they start working on it.

Anna from Mintons Academy Of Muisc

Love the software.

The ability to keep history on customers. Tracking customers.

Pros

Cons

I started using this software about 7 years ago, since then you have added a lot of features that I have not even used yet. When I start it was very difficult to set up private lesson classes, I did a work around for how to track make-ups. I am sure there is a lot I can learn if I go to a seminar.

Brian from B's Music Shop

Good. Does what we want. The autopay and ability to show availability on our website is key.

Pros

The ability to show customers what is open by going to our website. Having autopay. Having good contact info for our students. I wish we could have the parent thing only be required if they are under 18. People get confused when they are adults that sign up. It's too oriented for kids.

Cons

Sometimes we feel like we have to trick the software to get it to do what we want. We have to post fees lots of times to bill for each class a month. I can't just bill for all the mondays or all the days of the coming month.

David from Mason's School of Music

Owner

Pros

Contact info, transactions, schedules are in one place

Cons

Copying/editing private lessons could be simplier. For instance, it would be helpful to be able to copy classes by teacher/by day. And if class names had defined fields, then global edits could be made to class titles

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! It¿s our hope that you always find value in our features and functionality. We¿re always listening and seeking out ways to help you continue your success, please send us your ideas through that "send idea" button in your portal!

Michelle from Bravo Academy for the Performing Arts

Flexible, many ways to customize, incredible support team open to ideas and improvements!

Pros

Jackrabbit was built for my industry, unlike so many other customer management software systems. The value of having a team and community who understands what we do and speaks our language is incalculable. Jackrabbit is getting easier to use every day and so much of that is owed to the support team, who are constantly soliciting ideas and enhancements. This spirit of continuous growth is evident in the positive way the Jackrabbit team interacts with users - so friendly, with genuine respect and curiosity.

Cons

There is a learning curve! There are so many features that it can be overwhelming to learn. I found it was about two-three months of daily use before I felt comfortable, and only recently have I started to feel like I am using it as well as I would like to. It takes patience!

Ruth from West Michigan Homeschool Fine Arts

Industry: Music

This is a great product for helping us to manage our non-profit music education organization.

JackRabbit makes it much easier to manage our class lists and billing for our music education organization.

Pros

JackRabbit is very easy to use. It is simple to find and enter information. Our families can log in and view their information and make payments as needed. It is also pretty powerful and flexible. I like the customizable fields which help us capture essential information unique to our organization. There is a good variety of reports available, and being able to export information to Excel is essential for creating our own reports. We have some unique billing needs, and we have been able to manage those with JackRabbit. I also like the ability to manage security at a very granular level so that people can access exactly what they need and no more. They also seem to be making frequent improvements to the software, so it feels that they really want this product to be the best it can be in meeting the needs of their customers. We are a non-profit organization, so having this be an affordable option is a really good deal for us!

Cons

I wish we had the ability to create our own reports within the software itself instead of exporting the data and creating our own reports using Microsoft Access.

Jennissa from The Studio Co.

For the past 10 years Jackrabbit has been a bennificial part of our business.

Sanity. Time.

Pros

We love the client portal, the recital helper, the ability to keep track of roll and makeups. The ability to communicate in multiple ways to our families.

Cons

Missing some features that would help make the recital process easier. It does not export or mail merge easily.

I appreciate the comprehensive integration of billing and scheduling on the same platform.

Billing and scheduling integration

Pros

Clear layout of data. Very accessible multi-level data!! Excellent record keeping and reporting ability!!

Cons

The scheduler could benefit from "drag and drop" functionality, but I suspect that it is not available for good reason. The retail integration is a bit clumsy

Timothy from B's music shop

Industry: Music

Jackrabbit is our best option for managing a growing Lesson Studio.

Pros

Billing and managing accounts is a snap. It is nice to have a snapshot of all instructor schedules comma as well as a bird's eye view of the entire program.

Amy from InJoy Music

Jackrabbit has helped me stay on top of things, and helps keep me organized.

Pros

Batch payments, revenue reporting, birthday listings, staff portal, the ability to embed class listings into my website

Quinn from QRMusic

Jackrabbit Music is a Must Have for Large Music Schools

Jackrabbit Music is a coordinating platform which allows for easy tracking and management of registrations, paychecks, and customer help. In my experience, it rarely experiences server latency and allows for quick and efficient corporate communication!

Pros

Cons

Some data, such as appointment and scheduling data can be difficult to modify. I have run into a few cases in which a cancelled lesson or tardy tag could not be removed

Chris from Hickle Enterprises

Jackrabbit Music - Easy to Use with great functionality

Very easy to use, billing is a breeze and easy to train staff.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and to train other people to use it. I have trained many people, some with a limited knowledge of computers, and they are able to pick it up very easily. It is so easy to create classes and to accept enrollments online leaving staff to facilitate other things besides enrollments.

Sara from Keys to Life Music School

Easy, Helpful, Complete

I love the quick and easy financial reports and the way we can organize and bill our clientele.

Pros

What I love about JackRabbit is how helpful and prompt their customer service has been, time and time again, since I began using their service in 2014. A close second place is the excellent organization and all the various tools at my fingertips. My administrator and I both use JR and enjoy how we can quickly find our clients and customize our financial reports.

Suzy from Monroe Street Arts Center

Not Intuitive

I don't love the aesthetic. And again, it is not very user friendly. I like that it has so many options and can be used for so many different things, it just feels like you need to be very thoroughly trained.

Pros

I like the class management. Seeing exactly who is enrolled in each session is fairly simple.

Cons

It is not intuitive at all. Once you learn the ins and outs of JR life becomes a lot easier, but until then, it is not very user friendly.

Carlos from Institute of Musical Arts

After using Jack rabbit for five years I can't imagine me running the school without it.

Mainly just little things that have even been improved or I have learned to use them the right way.

Pros

I love that is easy to use, you can see all the information you need at a glance and it offers a full array of options which make your life a whole lot easier.

It really helps to structure your week!

Despite being sceptic about the necessity of such a software, with a growing amount of students, and often changing lesson-times, Jackrabbit Music turned out to be a big help with structuring the week and keeping track of the times and the accounting. Especially if you are not a very structured person by default, such a help can protect you from very embarassing trouble.

Pros

Jackrabbit Music not only features an interactive timetable to keep track of your weekly duties - that might rapidly change with a steadily alternating amount of students, but also helps you with the accounting of your lessons.

Cons

The userinterface is kinda outdated and really not very appealing to the eye. The drag'n'drop functions not always work properly. Overall it's definitely not the prettiest application - most importantly however it works reliantly.

Valerie from Marsman

Jackrabbit review

My overall experience with Jackrabbit Music is that the software is good and easy to use.

Pros

The thing that I like about Jackrabbit is that it is easy to use and it is easy to function when doing attendance and logging in your hours.

Cons

The thing that I don't like about Jackrabbit is that it dose not remind you to take attendance and logging in your hours.

Leslie from DRUM Percussion Studio

Jackrabbit Software

Very happy so far

Pros

So far, this program is very user friendly and customer support has been amazing.

Cons

There were a couple of functions the system could not do, but they were minor and very specific to our business.

Karen from Ztunes Music

Industry: Music

Works well for our needs!

Pros

I like how you can customize class tables to display on our website.

Cons

It's not as intuitive to set up, but once you get the hang of it, it's easier.

Michael from University of Washington

Not Intuitive

This software is required for use at the music school where I teach, but I find it incredibly frustrating and not at all intuitive to use.

Pros

This program allows you to track your students, take their attendance, and log your hours. It's nice to have that information in one place in an online platform that teachers and administrators can both access.

Cons

The software is extremely clunky to use. The view is not a calendar view, and you can only view one week at a time, with each day as a drop down menu. Hours and attendance are in different tabs, and you can only view attendance for one day at a time.

Perfect for class management

Pros

Gives me all the data I need to manage classes, pull reports, and gather data to make informed decisions for the business.

Cons

Could have a better UI. The contest is there. But usability could be improved. But that's minor and not enough to convince me to switch to another tool.

Mahari from La Voix Academy LLC

JR Music School review

Pros

It has a variety of features that can be valuable to my business.

Cons

Some of the features are difficult to use/don't make sense. You have to go through too many steps to achieve a simple task.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Music

It seemed more professional and all-encompassing of what I needed.

Jared from Good Times School of Music

Industry: Music

Great features, difficult to use

Pros

I like that recurring payments are included.

Cons

Website is difficult to use. Ugly interface and poor UX in general.