• icon"Teachworks is a great CRM because it is easy to use and it is affordable. Teachworks is a great choice for small business because of this."
  • icon"What I liked most about him, is the great capacity of accessories distract you, it is easy to use and simple I recommend it."
  • icon"I liked it when it worked properly, now it doesn’t."
  • icon"Lead generation/management is lacking and really needs to be managed outside of this platform. No integration with social media."
  • icon"Charges per lesson meaning as your company grows, you pay more for the software. I would much prefer fixed pricing."
  • icon"No attempt made to fix things on their end when I’ve done everything on my end."

Browse all Teachworks Reviews

• Have you used Teachworks and would like to share your experience with others?

Great scheduling and billing software

Pros

I like that the software keeps track of invoicing and running balances for clients. It definitely cuts down the leg work of having to go back through person by person and creating invoices.

Cons

Sometimes we want to see all math tutors that are available so I'd be better when filtering if you could select multiple instructors at once so you don't have to bounce between calendars to find open times.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Michael, thanks for the great review! We're so happy to hear that our invoicing features are useful for your business :) I would recommend using our Tutor Calendar's "Day" view to see availability for all tutors at once. This calendar displays a list of your tutors on the left with their unavailability greyed out. You can click on an open time slot to quickly add a new lesson.

Replied August 2019

Joyee

April 2022

Lots of functionality -- No live support options

All in all, it took over 3 months and over $2000 of external support to be able to switch my CRM over to Teachworks and figure out how to use it. Now that we have a handle on it, it is finally starting to function to become a part of our business. I am saddened that this process could have been smoothed over by an onboarding call that I would have gratefully paid money for. Instead, we were left to fend for ourselves because of the lack of intuitiveness of the system.

Pros

Teachworks has a lot of functionality. It allows users to customize based off their needs. Users can bill hourly or in bulk packages. Lots of options for allowing clients to schedule all at the click of a button. I had seen teachworks years ago, but didn't want to transfer my business over because the platform seemed intimidating. Now, after 3 months it is not so intimidating.

Cons

Onboarding was took three months and $2000. This is largely because TW does not offer any live phone support or onboarding training as do many tech platforms. I was absolutely flummoxed for 3 months and hired VAs and admin to help me transition to the new platform. I begged the company to provide some sort of customer support that I would have gratefully paid for, but they said they couldn't help. Instead, I had to stumble through for two to three hours, figure out what my question even was, then ask support for help. Most of the time, I got redirected to a long help page which often didn't answer my question. There is functionality within the program, but when the documentation doesn't clearly indicate such, then the user is left to wade through pages upon pages of documentation and/or fast forward through videos to find the exact answer to the question. This is not useful for somebody who has limited time or for someone who isn't comfortable with technology. A lot of the functionality is unclear unless you explicitly ask support for help. Ex., Does the system send a message upon scheduling an appointment? Ex., Does cancelling an appointment send a message? In other platforms there are little question marks you can hover over, but in TW you're left to do some trial and error until you figure out exactly what each little thing does. I also dislike that it does not two-way sync with any calendar programs.

Reasons for choosing Teachworks

Ability to track packages, and referrals by colleagues.

Reasons for switching to Teachworks

There was no package tracking ability.

Rami

Industry: Music

Doesn’t work

Last 4 years have been fine up until the last 4 months, full calendar doesn’t work which is the one I regularly used. I can’t view names, can’t view the whole day, and frankly sick and tired of following up on their issue and still having nothing done

Pros

I liked it when it worked properly, now it doesn’t.

Cons

Having to follow up on fixing their issue for couple of months and still having same problems. Missed out on 3 classes because the calendar can’t display times and students properly. No attempt made to fix things on their end when I’ve done everything on my end.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Rami, Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated. Based on the messages you've sent previously to our support team we understand that you're referring to the appearance of the calendar. The calendar feature hasn't changed in the past couple years, but it sounds like you've changed the default calendar view from month to week. Fortunately, it's very easy to change the default calendar view on your profile, so you can go back to enjoying the feature as you've done in the past. I have personally emailed you with the same instructions we've provided previously.

Replied February 2020

Joel

September 2022

Teachworks Almost Five Years Later...

We have been using Teachworks for managing our tutoring business for almost five years and it continues to exceed our expectations. It's made us more effective and efficient across all aspects of our business. The system is easy to set up and use, and if needed, help is readily available. Teachworks lives up to its marketing promises. We recommend it highly and without any hesitation.

Pros

Teachworks is easy to use. It's intuitive and well-thought out. It continues to make us more efficient across every aspect of our business and has allowed us to scale up easily. Integration was easy and help was readily available as it has continued to be throughout our experience.

Cons

The product truly is intuitive, easy to use and help is readily available, if needed.

Reasons for choosing Teachworks

Easy to use and help was readily available

Reasons for switching to Teachworks

Needed a new product for a new undertaking

Response from Teachworks

Hi Joel, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the kind words and great feedback.

Replied September 2022

Jonah

Couldn't imagine life without Teachworks!

Teachworks is an integral part of our operations. It is highly intuitive and easy to use, prevents errors in accounting, and offers a high level of transparency in billing and payments to both our students and teachers. Best of all, it saves huge amounts of time. Tasks that took a full two days of work pre-Teachworks now take under an hour, reminder emails we used to send manually are now automated, and payments are collected faster with easy card payments right from the invoice. The add-ons are fantastic and very useful. The support is great, and the developers are constantly at work - it's amazing to see how the features keep improving! The only thing left to desire is more direct integrations with other apps and services, but we get around this easily by using the excel spreadsheet data exports, which we can import into our other business apps as needed. We've been using Teachworks for two years now, and can't imagine doing it any other way.

Pros

- ease of use - lesson cost/wage tracking - email automation - invoice creation - employee wage statement creation - reports

Cons

- no integration with google apps - no integration with zapier - invoice automation isn't customizable enough to be useful for us - custom forms are not customizable enough to be useful for us

Response from Teachworks

Hi Jonah, Thank you for your review! We will continue to work hard to enhance the features and integrations! Regards, The Teachworks Team

Replied July 2017

Yarin

Drastically simplified our day to day operations, constantly expanding and actively maintained

great platform!

Pros

Includes almost all of the basic functionality that an tutoring organization needs. The core functions that cover billing and scheduling are robust, flexible and reliable. The site is reliable, performs well on any device and is intuitive. Features and integrations are expanding, great platform!

Cons

Lack of custom API integration prevents us from building on top of this platform. We want the ability to leverage APIs to push/pull client and staff data. Lead generation/management is lacking and really needs to be managed outside of this platform. No integration with social media. Ability to blast SMS to select tutors for client matching while managing responses. Chat bot type functionality would be awesome! Integration with e-signing platform like signnow would be great. Currently need to manage e-signing contracts separately.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Yarin, thanks for the great review! We¿re happy to hear that Teachworks has simplified your day to day operations. Our API will be available soon, but we¿ll let you know as soon as it¿s ready. Your SMS suggestion will be a good addition to our existing SMS features and we¿ll definitely consider it for a future update.

Replied September 2017

Erika

Great CRM for small business!

It's a great CRM for the price but don't expect a lot of help. They do however update the software from time to time and they send an email describing the new updo.

Pros

Cons

The only issue we have had with Teachworks is trying to integrate a store with to allow customers to gather their information and schedule multiple sessions when purchasing packages from our website.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Erika, thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it! We're always here to help, so if you have any questions please email our support team or use the widget in your account to submit a message. You can typically expect a reply within 2 hours on Weekdays (9am - 8pm Eastern Time). We also offer support over the weekend :) We add new features regularly and you can find more information about them in our Change Log. You can find our Change Log in your account by going to Account & Settings > Change Log. Thanks again for the great review!

Replied August 2019

ashlee

July 2022

Life saver for our business

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive process for our tutors.

Cons

There is a big learning curve to optimize the use of the product. I would prefer and in-person trainer

Response from Teachworks

Hi Ashlee, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

Replied July 2022

Loretta

August 2022

Time Saver

Pros

Teachworks keeps us organized and up to date on schedule changes. It's great for all staff members, regardless of location, to be able to access client and schedule information.

Cons

It would be nice to have a bar graph for the services breakdown report in addition to the pie chart. Service categories AND subcategories would also be helpful for quick management reviews.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Loretta, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

Replied August 2022

Elon

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

August 2022

Review of Teachworks

Excellent!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and I depend on it to schedule appointments, organize client information and streamline business processes.

Cons

I can't think of any right now! All the kinks have been worked out!

Response from Teachworks

Hi Elon, thanks for your review! We really appreciate the great feedback.

Replied September 2022

Kristin

I am so very pleased with this service. It has helped me to manage my tutoring business with ease.

Pros

It's easy to navigate, easy to have both my clients and tutors use it with little problems. Their customer support is fast, courteous and they always solve the problem. They are constantly updating and adapting it to fit my needs. It is seriously what keeps my business going!

Response from Teachworks

Hi Kristin, thanks for the fantastic review! We are committed to providing our clients with great customer service. Please continue to reach out if you have any questions or feature suggestions to further improve the Teachworks experience!

Replied July 2017

Jill

Overall Positive

It is cost effective and really alleviates organizational issues when scheduling clients.

Pros

I like that this company provides a feedback / review page; however, I think it's strange they base the priority of each review by votes from customers.

Cons

The software makes it difficult to fully use it's customer access feature. We use Teachworks for scheduling appointments and it would be nice to allow out clients to login; however, we have not found a way to disable our clients from seeing other client's appointments and that crosses our confidentiality for them.

Response from Teachworks

Thanks for your review, Jill! Client user accounts only display the client's own lessons and information; however, for non-lesson events when you set the audience to "Everyone" or "Families & Students" those events will be visible on all clients' calendars. You can contact our support team and we'll be happy to show you how to set up your appointments with the correct audience.

Replied March 2018

Mike

Good quality

I enjoy Teachworks and find it very useful. I love the scheduling functionality, the main calendar view is really good, and the ability send reminders to parents and students BOTH is really helpful.

Pros

1 - Scheduling for individual and groups, 2 - Calendar view for the "main" view is terrific, including the sort functionality 3 - Reporting is very strong

Cons

1 - Teacher calendar view needs some work on it viewing it lacking 2 - Their support feels limited because it is only via email.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Mike, Thank you for your review. We are glad you are finding Teachworks very useful. I have added your suggestion regarding the teacher calendar to our Feature Suggestions Forum. This will help us prioritize the enhancements to this feature. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at support@teachworks.com. Regards, The Teachworks Team

Replied October 2016

Teachworks is Very Useful

The three aspects which we like about Teachworks the most is that it is can cope with scheduling changes, it has a powerful invoice system, and that it is easy to use.

Pros

Flexibility to make scheduling changes; powerful invoicing system; ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes slow to update system during busy times; the colour of the column indicating today's schedule is too similar to white, and is not obvious enough.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your review and feedback. I would be more than happy to show you a few ways in which you can make changes/updates more efficiently. Could you please message me directly at support@teachworks.com In regards to the colour of the column that indicates today's date, we haven't received this suggestion before, but it would be something easy to change to your preference. Regards, The Teachworks Team.

Replied November 2016

Itolo

Can't beat the pricing; features added consistently!

Pros

Teachworks has a convenient pricing schedule that fits hanging needs. Features are always being added. Teachworks works well with Stripe for easy online payments and has several website plugins to assist with booking.

Cons

There are very few user access tiers. I'd like more flexibility with user access control. The formatting can, at times, be clunky and can not be customized.

Response from Teachworks

Hi Itolo, Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying Teachworks and have used it for over 2 years! We are constantly expanding our features and we are glad to hear it helps you and your business. If you have questions regarding user accounts, please do not hesitate to contact us support@teachworks.com Regards, The Teachworks Team.

Replied February 2018

Meghan

Review from The English Island

I like Teachworks. It is simple to use. One thing I would like is to have a specific section to enter grades. I would also like to be able to look back on the details of a past lesson even if it is locked. I do like the notes section under each student's name because I can enter lesson details there, and they can be of use to other teachers or myself if I need to review what I have done. The calendar is a nice feature because I can really organize my schedule.

Pros

*calendar *notes section under each student/lesson

Cons

*not being able to enter grades in a specific place

Response from Teachworks

Hi Meghan, Thank you for your review! We are glad you are enjoying the features. Teachworks does have a section to enter grades in the student profile. You are also able to still see the details of past lessons after the calendar is locked. I will message you directly with instructions on how to achieve this. Regards, The Teachworks Team

Replied November 2016