• Pros

• "Easy to use, Interface is clean and you can see information clearly Historical data is a treasure and you can use it to analyze with a lot of details"

• "It was very simple to use and helped me to track down the problem to my modem needing a hard reset."

• "Easy to use and manipulate. Provides quick look into network tracking. Comes in handy to see where you are dropping connection."

• Cons

• "None that I can see, maybe the setup of some of the advanced features is a little convoluted. Great app."

• "The cost. It works very well, however, the cost (Professional Edition) is quite high."

• "Like anything, takes a bit to utilize all the add on's for a complete use of the app, but that's pretty normal. "

Browse PingPlotter Reviews

Kevin from Longhorn Building Solutions of Texas

Carrier issues validated

We’ve been having service outages with our Commercial- Time Warner/ Spectrum Cable internet service for a few months. We’ve had five different technician visits over this time trying to resolve the same issue. With all of the visits we have replaced every piece of internal house cabling and external drop to the pole tap, and all the modem/ router/ switches. And at a serious cost! The last two visits were by senior technicians and they came with laptops to show us the health history of our account. We had be writing down the times and dates of the outages to help them pinpoint the problem. What we found is their sampling rate time frame is way broader than they were telling us. Meaning we could tell them the service was out for say an hour on this day/time, but they couldn’t see it on their tools dashboard. Looking forward to clearing up the intermittent outages problem. Many thanks!

Pros

Easy of install and use. It wasn’t until we installed Ping Plotter and took screen shots of those subsequent days for QOS proof did they start to get somewhat serious about the problem! Up till then it was a patch it and move on. patch it and move on mentality. Now that we have our own tool, we gain better QOS data.

Cons

Glad to report we did not find any issues with the software.

Robert from Quanta BioDesign, Ltd.

Industry: Chemicals

A simple to use tool that tells you the state of your Internet connections

I got PingPlotter because I was having flaky Internet connections, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I could use Email and simple web surfing, but anything more than that was difficult at best and impossible at worst. Windows 10 Ping program wasn't very helpful. I went online looking for a better, free solution, and I saw many recommendations for PingPlotter. PingPlotter comes with a 15 day free trial of the Pro Version, and that turned out to be very helpful. By monitoring multiple targets continuously over several days, I found patterns in my Internet connection that helped me figure out, in consultation with my ISP where the problems were. I am now working towards a resolution of those problems. I highly recommend PingPlotter as a simple-to-use, helpful tool for diagnosing Internet connection problems.

Pros

Easy to download and install. 15 day free trial Easy to use. It's almost intuitive, but where it isn't intuitive, the help files are actually helpful. Provides helpful graphics that show the path my data is taking, how much packet loss is occurring, and where it is occurring. In the Pro version, you can continuously ping and monitor multiple targets for hours.

Cons

The free trial comes to an end. :-( The graphics would sometimes hang up when I was running continuous monitoring for hours, forcing me to reset and restart.

ARUN from Spectranert Limited

Essential Tool for an ISP

Pros

Trace graph and timeline graph are the fascinating aspects of the tool. The Tool provides ample information to isolate faults in a complex network. Its interface not only allows modification of different parameters but also provides vital real-time information on packet loss, latency and jitter at each node; thereby, it assists the network engineer to pinpoint issues.

Cons

Very difficult for me to comment here. All the features that I use were very useful.

Rachel from Shoreditch Connexions Ltd.

Industry: Computer Networking

Looking at the Pro version. The tool works very well, but limited in ability for its price.

Visibility of some network issues. I would purchase some licenses immediately if they were 1/5 of the price (which is where I would put a price on this software) however since the seat license is so high, I will look for other solutions.

Pros

Graphical representation of IP traceroutes and ping stats done at the same time. The graphical information is clear and concise, with the ability to scroll through a timeline to some extent. The software cleanly loads in Win10 without crashing.

Cons

Timeline information needs work as it's not intuitive to scroll through specific times/dates. There is no obvious way to look at a time period over 7 days and examine a 3 minute interval in detail for example. Pricewise; I purchased a Fingbox which is a physical device which has a lot more ability than this software although the uses are different I feel the value for money for this software is not good! The price of this software is way over priced for the pro version. There are no bulk purchase discounts at all so no incentive to purchase more than once license at a time. The features the software offers is very small for what you would expect at the price. There are many free tools out there which seem to do the same thing. Ultimately it won't take long for someone to write an equivalent at a sensible price. The trial period for the pro version should be longer. I didn't really get much time to spend on customisation. Take out the weekends and normal busy daily activities and there isn't really much time to spend on the testing it in 14 days.

JUAN from UNILAN TELECOM, S.L. (VIVACABLE)

HERRAMIENTA EFICAZ EN VISUALIZACION DE FALLOS

GRACIAS A ESTA HERRAMIENTA PODEMOS VER LOS FALLOS QUE TIENEN NUESTROS PROVEEDORES DE FIBRA OSCURA. Y TAMBIEN PODEMOS VER EL TRAFICO QUE PRIORIZAMOS POR VARIOS CIRCUITOS DE BGP. EXCELENTE HERRAMIENTA QUE EN ENERO-2021 VAMOS A IMPLEMENTAR COMPRANDO SU LICENCIA PRO.

Pros

Cons

NO ENCONTRAMOS NINGUNA DIFICULTAD EN EL USO, NI EN LA IMPLEMENTACION DEL MISMO. HABIAMOS PROBADO VERSIONES ANTERIORES Y HEMOS ENCONTRADO EN LA NUEVA VERSION TODOS LOS REQUISITOS.

Reasons for Choosing PingPlotter

GRAFICAS Y VISUALIZACION DEL TRACE ROUTER Y PING POSIBILIDAD DE CREAR AGENTES PARA DISTINTOS EMPLAZAMIENTOS. CREAR UN SERVIDOR WEB PARA VISUALIZACION DESDE UN SERVIDOR EN EXCLUSIVA. Y LA FACILIDAD DE USO

Reasons for Switching to PingPlotter

FACILIDAD Y POTENCIA DE USO

Chau from The Healthy School Food Collaborative

Amazing Product! Everything I needed

Overall, I enjoyed my experience and I know you will to. I only needed it for personal reasons in tracking packet loss and if you need something like this it's worth trying the 2 week free trial. Everything is very straight forward and someone whose a bit computer illiterate like me can still use the software well.

Pros

Able to track multiple addresses across different timelines Easy to read and easy to navigate I did not understand anything about tracking packet loss and the program itself along with PingPlotters guides on their website helped me succeed in escalating packet loss issues to my internet service provider.

Cons

There's nothing that I didn't like about the software. Definitely recommend it on all accords.

Zandre from VO Connect

Ping & Plot Investigations

When the root cause of packet loss on the network cannot be located via manual investigation, Ping Plotter can determine this via longer term monitoring.

Pros

It is sometimes difficult to determine the root cause of degradation within an ISP. With Ping Plotter you can accurately determine where it originates by locating the affected nodes between the network devices.

Cons

Not the most user friendly interface but understandable considering what we are using it for. Graph designs are a bit ugly to look at and sometimes agents do not want to share this with customers.

Paul from Firearms Training & Support, LLC

PingPlotter to the Rescue!

I was getting absolutely no where fast with Spectrum until I installed PingPlotter and began tracing routes, times, and packet loss. Armed with those data points, I was able to force Spectrum to admit that there was an issue with their network, and they have taken steps to fix them. Speeds are up, reliability is up, and problems are down.

Pros

PingPlotter gives me the ammunition I need to force my ISP into action when their system reports everything is fine with my service. Being able to speak with support engineers (two steps above the front-line CSRs who answer the phone) and share with them specific issues is a god sent gift.

Cons

To access much of the functionality of the product you need a paid version. But with diligence and liberal use of the Snip function, you can get by.

Anton from MPM3BV

Cool Insight

Giving a cool insight in what is happening in your internetaccess. And that the comment you get from your provider can be discussed based on data and not on a feeling. I have the feeling that the line is unstable, and they say they will monitor but there comes no result. And the instability is not frequent over the week, so they can have a lucky shot, and the problems are on some other days.

Pros

Seeing that the line is not what it should deliver

Cons

A automatic, without setup aknowlegdement about issues

Joty from NEU JKF Asia Sdn Bhd

Industry: Machinery

Solve RDS connection

Very great experience to solve the issue in RDS between Denmark and Malaysia.

Pros

Live result for the connection and easy to access.

Cons

As a user really get good experience to solve the connection issue.

Homer from Education

Identification of Internet Problems

I was having an issue with the loss of the internet 6-10 times a day. Each time it was for almost exactly 5 minutes. Frontier Communications sent out techs, they checked the lines - all good. One tech stated in the report that the problem was with my equipment and charged me $300 for his 2 hrs of research (he never even came into my house). After playing around I realized that my modem/router gateway indicated .3 ms even when the internet was down. However, each time the internet went down (not a disconnect) total packet loss occurred at the second hop (Frontier Office 40 miles away - regularly 19.6 ms) and was cascaded down all hops to .8.8.8.8. So I knew that the second hop was the problem but Frontier techs will not accept my diagnosis. I asked them to test their router/port, but they said they couldn't because the office was 40 miles away. So I am pretty sure I know what the problem is now, but I can't figure how to get the information to this office. Times down today 2/7/2019 7:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 3:15 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, Midnight. Now that doesn't look a wiring issue to me! But at lease I now where the problem lies. Couldn't have solved this problem without PingPlotter

Pros

The manner in which the software charted and stored my data for future reference.

Cons

The tutorials were good, but for someone who knows little about the internet and networking would find it very difficult to understand what the software is telling you. I would recommend a more detailed component of the tutorial about different events and describe what they are seeing and what that is telling you. I would also recommend that it be written someone that was not associated with the development of the software, but by someone that is selected to learn PingPlotter and write it from a beginner's perspective. A person who is too close to the software will leave out things because they don't realize that beginners don't know and understand what the Pro takes for granted.

PingPlotter is a great replacement for the tiresome ping command

We use ping plotter when troubleshooting client networks. We use it quite a bit for basic ping and traceroute, but also for other issues - such as quality of service. By using PingPlotter, we are able to tweak hardware firewall rules to adjust throughput on network segments. We do this by adjusting rules while keeping notice of the latency visualization. For example, we have used PingPlotter to improve VOIP traffic by discovering unnecessary packet filtering.

Pros

The multi-connection capability of PingPlotter is definitely a strength. Combining ping with route information is also a key feature. Lastly, the visualization of data is much friendlier than just reading numbers. The strength of theses three together avoids the need for multiple command prompt windows to be open and also removes the guesswork out of keeping track of each.

Shariff from Qualfon-SKT

Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity

Pros

Ping Plotter allows me to very simply verify connectivity. or i can watch my equipment be unreachable. A lot of the time i can watch a device go up and down over 24 hours (it can do more, but thats generally all i get to, and My company(ISP) has equipment outside of our network. when they are having issues ping plotter is my first go to program. I can tell if another ISP or passthrough is having issues. This at times prompts me to make a route change, while other times its a call to that ISP to start a ticket. Ping Plotter has saved us many hours of troubleshooting and also allows us to show another ISP that the issues is theirs.

Cons

No budget as of yet to buy a newer version, company is still evaluating if their is a need to update to a newer version

Rick from home base

Ping plotting

My internet connection is a different style of connection; point to point. I live in the country and am limited in the ISP that are available. And I try to online game, which is and can be quite the pain with connection issues. I have been having a lot of packet loss issues and was dropping out of my games at times. With ping plotter I was able to convince them that there is a problem, and it's on their side. They have corrected a few things, with more haggling with them in the future. I intend on subscribing so I can continue monitoring any issues that may arise. Thanks ping plotter.

Pros

This app has drastically helped me find where my packet loss was coming from. And with the ability to prove to my ISP, to where the problem is or was. As with most ISPS's, it take almost a act of god to prove its on their end of the internet. They have performed repairs up the line, which has improved but its not perfect, and I am still having issues, and with ping plotter I can see where its coming from. So, as far as a aid in being a helpful tool or app, I'd say its been great! Considering to get the pro edition for personal use.

Lucas from Revention

Ping plotter is easily one of the the most useful and polished tools I have ever used.

Pros

The network discovery tool is easily worth the price of entry and I have used this utility almost every day since I purchased it. No more guessing where that IP is being assigned or where that rouge DHCP address is coming from. Brilliant, well packaged, easy to use, I recommend to anyone that has ever had to TRACERT anything.

Héctor from Chunch.es

Awesome option to see the status of the network

UI needs a refresh, But is a powerful tool to see your network status and if you're losing packaged you can start working on a fix before the network or services fall.

Pros

With PingPlotter we were able to monitor our networks connections status, both intranet and to the internet without issue, very useful to see when something fails and we have to fix it.

Cons

Kinda Pricy, UI can be improved it's kinda old compared to other solutions and sometimes hard to use, there are open source alternatives to do this work as well.

Aaron from PECOFacet (US), Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

PingPlotter

Great software. Keeps a live ping going while working on troubleshooting.

Pros

Cons

There is not much on the Cons section of this software. We have used it for years and are very satisfied.

Martin from Scottsdale Bible Church

Resolved my issue

My internet was going unstable every 10-20 minutes. My ZOOM calls would suddenly freeze up. My ISP provider went through the normal troubleshooting (reset the modem and router, connect directly to modem, etc.). They even got me to upgrade, which didn't help. When I downloaded pingplotter I was able to see in real-time what was happening. After emailing back and forth with my ISP provider, they finally asked me to hard reset my modem. That didn't 100% resolve the packet loss, but probably provided an improvement of about 90%. I'm satisfied.

Pros

Cons

Not being an expert, it would be difficult for me to criticize the program. It did what it needed to do; resolve my problem.

Reasons for Switching to PingPlotter

ISP speed test didn't tell me what was going on in real time

Thatayaone from Index Globe (Pty) Ltd

PingPlotter Review

I use this software when I do troubleshooting or network audit, and I pair it with Netformx DesignXpert when I do network audits for most of my clients. The graphs showing packets losses make it easier to explain to the management and easier for non-technical people to understand.

Pros

It is easy to install and setup It doesn't take long to get it up and running Latency monitoring which is very helpful to find out latency issues on the network It performs traceroute It is lightweight and it even runs perfectly on the laptop or pc

Cons

improvements can be done on the GUI for the software to look more professional 14 days trial which is a short period

Jonathan from Technical Service Company

Industry: Computer Networking

See your network response times in real time and over time

Network Latency, Loss, and Jitter

Pros

The ability to see what is happening in real time, in graphical form, is excellent, however even better, is being able to scroll back through history and see an hour, a day, or even a week at a time is phenomenal. being able to show definitive changes in performance after making a change to the network provides management the detail they need to know that they've made a good investment in the changes that have been implemented, as opposed to just saying, "it seems faster/better".

Cons

I'd like some more granularity between 1 hour and 12 hours (2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours), but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Easy to use ping tracking software

Able to track network issues that we did not know we were having before by seeing dropped packets we were unaware of

Pros

Able to track when pings where lost or have added latency via the logging the program does.

Cons

to be honest i cannot think of anything that i do not like about the software it pings and traces at the same time.

Roberth from Emida

Amazing tool to discover your network and detect issues

Pros

Cons

Honestly I don't find any problem with PingPlotter, just I can do a suggestion and it is include a option to send reports by mail with some frequency about specific target monitored.

Joshua from Israeli company

Industry: Medical Devices

PingPlotter does exactly what it's supposed to do

We installed PingPlotter to help diagnose intermittent connectivity problems from geographically distributed lab sites to our AWS-hosted website. PingPlotter helped us demonstrate clearly and visually when there were problems. We chose it specifically for a capability not found in many similar lightweight tools in that it allows measuring connectivity to a specific TCP port whereas many programs only allows to measure regular ping, i.e. ICMP packets.

Pros

I liked that it has a service mode that can record data even when the GUI isn't running.

Cons

I wish the TCP configuration was automatic but it was quite simple once I read the directions. I also wish it had a capability to visually display the traceroute on top of a world map.

DENNIS from Range Broadcasting, Inc.

Industry: Broadcast Media

Amazing tool for convincing your IP to fix their equipment!

Very positive experience overall. Nice to absolutely know what is going on with networking issues rather than guess what might be causing a problem. Graphic representation is so much easier than plotting using a typical trace route program.

Pros

Program was very easy to set up and run. Great for seeing how many hops are between you and your destination as well as what may be causing issues. Graph was very revealing and my provider could not deny that there was a latency issue which returned daily at the same time every day and then went away at night. Armed with that information, it not only helped me to convince them to replace their router but improved their overall network performance as well.

Cons

Documentation could use some improvement, but figuring out how to use it by playing with it was fairly intuitive. Screen capture of the graph didn't work real well and was kind of clunky as well as difficult to see, but taking a photo with my phone camera worked well and was easy to send to my IP by text.

David from CNS Accounting Solutions Ltd., a subsidiary of BDO Cayman Ltd.

Great tool to help diagnose network issues

I was able to effectively diagnose several connectivity issues and manage our network resources so that VOIP was not affected by other traffic.

Pros

I've been using PingPlotter Pro to help diagnose packet loss on our network which affects our VOIP calls. PingPlotter has been great allowing us to constantly monitor connectivity. I like that I can turn it on in the morning and go back to view a day's worth of performance, zoom in on certain time periods and add comments in real time to note what activity was occurring at that time. The knowledge base is also great to understand how the tool works and what issues to look for.

Cons

I wish there was a functionality to monitor not just pings, but also constant bandwidth useage. I also wish there were a way to assign device names on the network discovery tab.

Nick from Magical Computing

Industry: Computer Networking

PingPlotter is the easiest way to distinguish if a network issue is happening in LAN or ISP

It clearly identified an intermittent packet drop pattern that was originating from a modem that went bad when our ISP's bs level 1 tech support was saying that it was probably our router or inside our network. I ran it from a PC connected directly to modem. Used the graphs to make my case to ISP. They replaced the modem, problem disappeared.

Pros

The history diagrams give you proof to bring to your ISP to show that your modem needs replaced or that they the issue is not on your end.

Cons

I don't like the licensing approach. I bought a full pro license on a PC at our office but I want to use it outside of our network as an IT consultant. It's a great tool but rarely needed so having to repurchase it to use at a different location is just not worth it.

Aryan from Octagon

Excellent fault detection tool

I use this to prove to my ISP that the fault lies within their network and pinpoint were their fault is. That way repair won't take weeks (ISP not doing anything). I can adjust a few parameters so the measurement results show if measurement falls within or outside specifications.

Pros

The statistics over longer period (min 10 min). The Packet loss %. Latency and of course Jitter.

Cons

It only runs on Windows and NO OTHER OS...

Reasons for Choosing PingPlotter

Any remotely similar product does not come close.

Karthigeyan from Wipro Limited

Used Ping Plotter Pro for the last 2 weeks, it was really good in getting the hop by hop latency

Hop by Hop latency with errors which helped to prove the issues with WAN and also to identify the issues in LAN nodes.

Pros

Hop by Hop latency with errors and also helped to get the historical data which is very useful to go back to ISP to highlight our WAN issues and it helped to identify the issues with particular nodes. Graphical representation is very good.

Cons

Intermittent high latency is not clearly visible when I see the report for long time duration like 12 hours or 2 hours., but it shows when I change the duration to 60 min or less. This should be looked into.

Ingemar from Kungsörs Baptistförsamling

Ping plotter is a fantastic tool giving you a an excellent view of your Internet connection

OI can tell my Internet suplier how my Internet is working

Pros

We are a church. When viewing streaming videos from the Internet, very often we have interrupts (lags) for some seconds or up to one minute, often in periods. We have a cable ADSL connection. Our Internet supplier Bahnhof asked us to find out if the problem is on our site. They proposed to use Pingplotter. In 14 days we now have used Pingplotter. It is a very nice tool which really shows when Internet become slow and do not response. We see a lot of red stacks for some periods, which we can present to Bahnhof.

Cons

When finished a test period you want to to scroll the time axis. I have not found any way to do it automaticly. I did it manualy with the mouse.

James from Prime IT

Friendly and Quick Monitoring Link Tool - PingPlotter

I found ease of use, pleasant and friendly interface and performance using Pingplotter and I was pleased. Recommend.

Pros

I was looking for a practical and quick tool for monitoring our existing IPSec links with our client that support a large number of employees, accessing different work environments, requiring a quick action in case of failure or fall of links.

Cons

I believe that a way to automatically capture the links to be monitored through the hosts file could be an important improvement in the software.

Carlton from Klazin Future Technology

Pros

I have been using Ping Plotter for over 15 Years. Its very useful when working with telecom companies as a source of information which they can use when solving problems. You can store the data and send to the telecom company along with your complaints

Cons

Nothing Much, the feature is use is extremely useful and i have not gotten a chance to explore other features to determine if i am not liking it.

Orville from Amateur Radio Operatior

Remote Operations of Amateur Radio Station over internet.

Extremely helpful in diagnosing problem areas in transmission of radio data and controls over the internet.

Pros

This product allows me to analyze problems causing errors with transmission of various data modes as well as transmission of morse code, RTTY, and SSB over the internet. The links cover over 1500 miles through over 10 nodes from Texas to Nevada.

Cons

I am still learning use of the product and am still discovering its powerful uses. I have not found lack of potential as of this time.

Ruben from Hotwire Communications Ltd

AWESOME TOOL

This software has helped me deploy and implament a MDU Wi-FI deployment using multiple devices and technologies to provide a flawless handoff and data transfer on an enormous property

Pros

Easy and intuitive GUI. The option to ping and trace multiple targets at once is a cool and useful feature. Availability to see history and trends at particular times of days. Trace route feature is also useful for tracking network routing issues when roaming thru MDU deployments

Cons

The price is steep, bur aside from that no complaints.

Juan from SOIN

Your ISP can not trick you with PingPlotter :)

I live in latin america, and most of the internet service providers still doesn't have fiber channels for all clients, so, when someone uses internet for non buffering content ( can i say Netflix? ), for example gaming, the packet loss becomes a serious problem if the connection quality is bad. The client calls the ISP, and all they do is check internet speed ( not the problem ), but with PingPlotter you can show the eternal problem to a support technician or check the internal LAN in minutes.

Pros

Ability to show packet loss problems Easy of use, even for non technical users

Cons

At the moment the software has everything i needed basic network troubleshooting use.

laura from Genpact

An excellent network problem resolver with the ease of use.

Pros

I have been using PingPlotter for analyzing network issues. It lets the user recognize the sources of pocket losses and provides us best solutions to get rid of that problem. One of the most interesting thing it is supportive for tracing internet problems & using as proof to ISP. Very easy to use, works perfectly and It lets us install it on several devices.

Cons

Having a great experience with this software. I could not find any complaint. It is a powerful troubleshooting & monitoring featured software. It is very easy to use its all functions.

Hassen from PROLIVAL

Industry: Computer Networking

PING PLOTTER ADDICTIVE !!

With ping Plotter i was able to show to my client that one Internet provider is more stable than another one to build S2S VPN between his DATACENTER and his OFFICE.

Pros

the accuracy of graphics at the second near the possibility of going back in time up to 7 days the integrated TRACEROUTE function that help to find which router is in cause the notification function where there is route change. the Web interface view. the remote agent function : very helpful to test 2 différent provider in the same time. VERY ADDICTIVE : I CANNOT WORK NOW IN MY TSHOOT WITHOUT THIS PRODUCT.

Cons

NOTHING EXECPT THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU RESET THE DNS NAME OF ONE ENTRY YOU LOST YOUR STATISTICS BUT NOTHING VERY GRAVE

Andrew from Bremen Tool Reconditioning, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Great Tool to track internet connection

I am in a long battle with my internet provider Mediacom. They will figure out the problem. They do there speed test its great. My service is not reliable. It does not support a VOIP system and drop calls or will not let you answer the call. It makes it hard and waste a lot of time just trying to write an email. My IT vendor showed me this software to track the connection and we can now see what is going on.

Pros

Ease of use. I am not an IT guy and this was very easy to use and understand

Cons

Not sure there is anything I do not like. So far so good

Robert from Ventech

Great Tool!!

Good experience with pingplotter - no complaints.

Pros

This is a great tool and a must have for all IT staff who perform support for networks. Without a product like this to use for troubleshooting, it gets to be very difficult to nail down issues. I recommend this product again as a great tool.

Cons

The trial length is a little too short for my likling as it does not allow for the product to really be tested in a real environment.

Ashleigh from Xerox

Powerful tool for detecting all sorts of network issues.

Pros

PingPlotter Network software is an awesome software that is used in a best way for visualizing network performance in order to know about the different sources of problems. One can have clear and accurate graphical information through this software. This software reduces the time of trouble shooting.

Cons

Truly speaking I do not have issues related to PingPlotter software. One of the limitation is that it's licensing approach is not good enough. I only want to give suggestion that is,it should have option to send reports via mail.

Karen from Sleepzone Warners Bay

Ping plotter review

We have had a major problem with our NBN provider not believing us that it was their faulty product and not a result of our software/hardware having an intermittent fault, causing our phone lines to go down every 20 mins, it has helped prove without doubt that they have a fault.

Pros

Very simple to use . I have a basic understanding of what the software should do and I have no problems with the functionality of it.

Cons

I didn't have any negative comments regarding this software.

Tyler from Food & Beverages

PingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt.

Pros

PingPlotter is one of the key programs in my toolbelt. I've been a longtime user, and it is perfect for visually showing customers and vendors an issue. Extremely simple to understand if you are a 'normal' user with no IT background, and extremely useful if you have a deep understanding of networking and routing.

Cons

Everything about the software itself is very nice. No complaints there. I wish the free version allowed for some bit of history more than the past 5 minutes.

Guy from Northwood Corporation

Industry: Computer Networking

I used PingPlotter to diagnose the network problems I have been having with Spectrum/TWC

I was able to document the local node problems and the internet problems that I have been having with Spectrum/TWC. I had severe packet loss which they fixed on the local node and other problems which I traced to their headend node. Still resolving their inability to deliver the 100Mbps to my home office.

Pros

This package is exceptional for documenting packet loss/ping times and tracking down where the problems are with a large network such as Spectrum. It is easy to get up and running.

Cons

The learning curve to utilize its full power and documentation of where problems are is a bit long but keep in mind that solving multiple nodes and local node problems is a challenge. I have held a Commercial FCC GROL license for 40 years and worked with networking problems much of that time. I found that PingPlotter is an exceptional tool and quite intuitive to use.

Daryll from Daryll Alvero

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A Detailed Overview of Your Internet Status

I've found out that my ISP had been throttling my upload speed/causing latency on my network randomly an average of six to eight hours a day.

Pros

Provides a real-time graphical feedback for things like jitter and latency, which means you can see how well (or how badly) your ISP is treating you.

Cons

Occasionally the tracking stops, either due to a hotkey pressed or just for some reason the site I'm tracing just stops tracking.

Great tool for troubleshooting connectivity!

The reason I used PingPlotter was to provide evidence that there may be an issue with a data center at work. This program is easy to use and the answers to my questions were a click away in their knowledge base or videos on YouTube. Configuring PingPlotter, running, and saving the results were easy. I also love the fact that you can have multiple reports running for research and comparison.

Pros

The graphical interface is great and easy to use.

Cons

There was not anything I did not like. No complaints!

Dietrich from HuB Computer GmbH

Use pingplotter to check the quality of WAN links

We have small customers and our job is mostly to setup and maintain die Computer and Networks. We come often to the point where we have to proof the quality of a WAN link for VOIP. Pingplotter seems to be a product that fits for this purposes.aside former problem to learn how to use it. We..as a small company..can not make to money form our customers to pay every month for the use of the product. A version that we can buy and find out the quality of am WAN connection for VOIP would be great. May be you can help us to find it and come back on our email

Pros

Pingplotter is easy to use. The first steps are very simple and mostly self explaining. I have used it to check the quality of different WAN links.

Cons

When I tried to go deeper and find more details about the results of the pinigs on the WAN link I had difficulties to find out what I can find and how to find it. I never found how to have a closer look to the jitter.

Kay from Minda

Industry: Mental Health Care

Trial for technical issues

My internet keeps dropping out or is slow but when my service provider tests they say it is ok. I have just switched to NBN and it should be better but I get the circle of death more often now than I did with my ADSL2 line. The service provider suggested I use this software to see if we can really find out what is happening with my service but as I have to monitor often during the day and I only have very few days I can do this my trial expired before I really had a chance to monitor properly. I am hoping this will show what is really going on.

Pros

I have only managed to use this a couple of times but it seems easy to use and I am hoping it will solve my internet issues with my Service Provider. They are the ones who sent me this link to try but I need longer and to test it more often to see if we can get to the real issue.

Cons

I am not really sure what everything means.

Chad from Electrical-Mechanical Solutions Group

Industry: Oil & Energy

Solid Product for Even Novice Troubleshooters

Pros

Tutorials are very informative and thorough...complete with illustrations which, when coupled with the sleek graphical interface, walk you through operating the product and understanding the results.

Cons

Cost is a bit high, but other than that, I would say they are a little vague on the significance of selecting the appropriate targets and quantity thereof for the task at hand.

Yasaru from Lanka Communication Services

Highly recommend for Network Admins

Pros

Ping and tracing to the destination and we can see packet losses in each ip in path of trace.

Cons

Drafts and report generating should be improved

Gowri Pandian from Student

Pingplotter - A great tool to to visualize datagram transfer

Pros

Ping plotter is a great tool for the students as it shows the packet transfer. It also gives the flexibility to change the packet size from the default size of 56 bytes to any desired size. This let's us learn the concept of fragmentation. The pro version of ping plotter also has an option to show the routers that the datagrams pass through during a traceroute while a naive windows tracert utility shows only two router between the source and target destination

Cons

This is a very good tool however the user interface could have been much better by adding usage tips. This will be very much useful for the newbies of ping plotter

Petra from Canada's National Ballet School

Clean, real-time review.

Pros

We got this software to trace issues between our hosting service and the office. The way the average over time data was represented, next to the moment-by-moment data, really helped explain exactly where and when the issues were happening.

Cons

So far, having to explain to people what the different statistics mean.