What are GivingTools users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GivingTools software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is very user friendly with even the most computer challenged mind could do it. I also like how I can customize it with my own pictures for design."
  • icon"Our users appreciate the simplicity and the service has been very reliable since then."
  • icon"It does not have some of the functionality of more elaborate solutions and is priced accordingly. Customer service is speedy and bespoke."
  • icon"If you can work with limited functionality because you're trying to stretch every dollar, this is the program for you."
  • icon"Hard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult."
  • icon"There are still a few odd things on the donor side that I don’t understand, like they can’t alter their existing giving, they have to cancel it and create a new pledge."

Browse all GivingTools Reviews

• Have you used GivingTools and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

Giving Tools is an excellent platform.

We do gift shop sales, online sales of books as well as donations. Giving tools handles all of these very easily, with room to grow.

Pros

I like its ease of use as well as its support of our nonprofit mission. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

No complaints. Giving tools works exactly as it should.

Reasons for switching to GivingTools

In order to use with a non-profit friendly platform that didn't support Trump

Benjamin

Perfect for what we were needing and then some!!

This software allows us to get more donations and quicker than before. Allows us to seamlessly integrate through our website to be able to keep traffic focused on what's important to us. This also allows the donor to manage their payments easier than going through us, and saves us a ton of money in the long run compared to nearly any other software out there.

Pros

Most: Customer Service, hands down the most responsive and willing team to work with from asking questions, fixing a couple minor bumps I had, and reconfiguring to specific needs in one area. They are great and willing to help whenever possible. Then I would have to say the value of their system and service for the price you pay is beyond awesome. They are straightforward in what they offer and they have some of the best rates that I have found out there. For what we were needing, GivingTools has been the perfect fit. Their system is pretty easy to learn and understand, and it has been fairly simple to train our staff on how to use it and implement it into the support raising. To lock in the rates GivingTools have negotiated with BluePay and still be able to integrate their systems into outside 3rd parties like Salesforce is outstanding as well. For a medium size non-profit that is steadily growing that value and ease is not overlooked. There are lots of other pros to GivingTools that I would highly recommend anyone searching and investigating Donor Portals, should look no further and give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Cons

Downloading the reports and understanding them with BluePay's reporting does take a minute to understand. I'm a very skeptical person so it took me a couple months of digesting the reports to fully believe everything was there and it was working properly. But I also didn't have the proper time to be able to invest fully into learning the reporting until about 2 months in. But once I sat down and reconciled everything and took a day to understand the language and learn how to merge with our old/current system is all made perfect sense, just needed that time for my brain to catch up. This should not be a deterrent though, but just recommend being sure to ask questions and take the time to learn how to quickly merge with your current accounting processes.

Nikki

Almost there....

Amazing customer service. I still think there are aspects that could be improved (see above).

Pros

It looks professional, easy to add to website, easy for donate to navigate original donation. I’ve always had amazing customer service experience with this company.

Cons

Switching from 1.0 to 2.0 version was a night mare. In order for donate to adjust their monthly donations they have to cancel and then create a new one. This is often confusing for donors and has caused us trouble. I’m thankful that you now send emails to us and donors when their card is denied for whatever reason.

Response from GivingTools

Thanks for this feedback! While 2.0 introduces many new features, we continue to hone the product. Please do share any issues you have as that helps us focus our resources to make GivingTools the best tool possible for actual users. Now that you are in 2.0, new recurring gifts will have 2.0's featureset. Older 1.0 gifts are automatically ported over to your 2.0 account for recording purposes but they are not as robust in terms of options. 2.0 gifts are forward compatible, though, so as new features become available, those gifts will enjoy the full benefits. Thank you again!

Replied August 2019

Peter

Love it! I couldn’t be happier!!

Pros

The cost to me was a big one! As a non-profit that takes a lot of recurring payments it’s a very simple system that is easy for me and the donor. The cost of ACH’s was unmatched!

Cons

There were some quirks with version 1 but V2 is much better. There are still a few odd things on the donor side that I don’t understand, like they can’t alter their existing giving, they have to cancel it and create a new pledge. We are using blue pay as our processor and there are some things I don’t like about that integration but that’s not giving tools fault!

Cost!

SHANE

IHI loves giving tools

Pros

The price! great value and much better with the new update.

Cons

the old version didn't update on canceled cards.

price

price and ease of use

Jon

This is a great company all around. We couldn't have been more please with our experience!

Pros

It was very easy to use and to set up. We had never used online giving before, so this was a new world to us and givingtools helped the transition be super smooth. Customer support is a huge deal for me and givingtools had amazing support. I was weary of not having a phone number at first, but when I realized how quickly they respond to email and how detailed their answers were, I was thrilled with the service. It actually saved me a lot of time to just email my question and see the answers rather than sitting on hold through a phone automated system like other companies do. We used givingtools for over two years without a problem. We have just now switched to a different product because of a complete overhaul to our records integration, but our switch had nothing to do with any problems from givingtools. In fact, givingtools customer service was amazing at helping us make the switch and never tried to pressure us with sales tactics like some companies might do. I would highly recommend givingtools to any church looking to get started with online giving. You won't be disappointed with them.

Churchill

Giving Tools

It gets the job done with little hassle. Easy to embed into our website and reports give the information we need.

Pros

Ease of use with menu and response of the development team to my needs

Cons

The menus take a minute to get used to, but help is always there when you need it.

Reasons for choosing GivingTools

initially it was suggested by a vendor for a capital campaign. Now we use for program registration and other specific tasks.

Joel

Love Giving Tools

The customer service has been great — timely, friendly, and easy to follow directions

Pros

I like that it is plug and play and that there is some room for customizing. Love how it tracks donation info and detailed information can be exported to Excel

Cons

The software is not as robust for non-flash sites

Reasons for choosing GivingTools

Cost-effective, easy to use, had the features I was looking for

Theresa

Giving Tools Review

I am able to track our monthly donors with ease and more importantly the warning we get when a credit card expires makes it possible for us to take care of that right away. We have a person at Giving Tools that we can contact to help us and we have always received a quick response back.

Pros

I am able to easily find the information needed for each of our donors, their giving amount and when they gave.

Cons

I used another software for 8 years - I had a lot to say negative about the use of that one. I have nothing negative to say about this one.

Our Website host uses Giving Tools

Reasons for switching to GivingTools

The other did not work with our website, I was stressed about having to change but have been pleasantly surprised.

Rachel

GivingTools Rocks!

The customer service has been fast and fantastic.

Pros

The free Zapier integration was a huge selling point since we needed to integrate with several other services we use. Some of the alternative products we considered charge monthly fees for the Zapier integration, but not Giving Tools! We also needed an service that allowed donors to cover fees, opt in to newsletter mailing lists, make recurring donations, and select multiple campaigns. GivingTools had it all at the best price by far. I also loved the free demo so we didn't pay a cent until everything was set up and ready to go live.

Cons

So far, I have zero complaints! It has been a great experience with no downsides to report.

Jerri

July 2016

A Perfect Partner!

My charity is a first and its needs are totally unique. Whatever I throw at Giving Tools, man do they know how to catch and run with it to figure out a unique solution. And whatever they come up with will be something they can use for other clients!

Pros

Everything, they realize companies are not cookie-cutter and they are anxious to help you get where you need to be. I'm thorough, and the are more thorough than me -- which is tough!

Brandi

So glad we found this program

After a lot of searching for a site like this, and using some bad ones, Giving Tools has been very helpful. It is very inexpensive, no hidden fees that sneak up on you. Reports are easy to print and it is easy to navigate the site. definitely recommend.

Pros

It is easy to enter and edit your appeals, events and campaigns. You can add photos to liven up your posts. The giving page is easy to add to your websites and share. The techs are very helpful if you need help or have questions.

Cons

They recently switched from a 1.0 version to a 2.0 version. You can still access the old version but if you have campaigns in both the old and new, only some are visible. It made things pretty confusing.

Lachelle

Time used: Free Trial

December 2015

Over the Top Customer Service

I have never had such amazing customer support. We started using Giving Tools at the same time they were getting intermittent error message from their host company. This was forcing them to move to a new hosting company. As we all know nothing about this is good. It's hard on current users and the owners. But imagine the new customer who had just joined. That was me. The appeal itself was extremely easy to set up. Then I tried to go back in & edit and couldn't get anything to work. The next day I emailed support and started working with Jason & Josh who were amazing. Instead of saying - yip, things aren't working & we're trying to get it fixed they actually fixed it for me. Because I couldn't get in on my end, they edited the page from the back office to get me up and running. They helped me with the situation twice. They were very responsive, very quickly. They went way above what we have come to expect from customer service/support. I looked at several programs for giving pages and Giving Tools fit our needs for price and features. I'm looking forward to using their program ongoing. Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the best!

Response from GivingTools

Thank you Lachelle! Getting five stars from you on a bad day for us means a LOT! (To anybody wondering if we have hosting problems often, the answer is: this was the first issue in two years. But we communicated it with our users to be on the safe side and worked hard to be sure that all appeals continued undaunted.) Thanks for choosing GivingTools! -Jason

Replied December 2015

Clarice

Tools for Giving

Has been so helpful for us when switching from DonorPerfect - we love the interface and ease of use!

Pros

Works for many types of Appeals - campaigns, supporters, ticket sales Very customizable which is great for different appeals Able to integrate with payment options especially Stripe Great on mobile A lot of donor management

Cons

Can be confusing at first but their customer service is wonderful There are occasionally password issues when logging in

Response from GivingTools

Thank you!!

Replied June 2021

Fielding

A robust, affordable giving platform

Pros

GivingTools is a robust, reliable, and affordable platform for processing online gifts. If your needs are straightforward and cost is a critical factor, you should consider it as an option. It does not have some of the functionality of more elaborate solutions and is priced accordingly. Customer service is speedy and bespoke.

Cons

It is a robust, basic solution that may not have some of the integrations and functionality required for your workflow or that you may need in future. As always, ensure this or any product meets your current and near-term needs.

Elizabeth

Quick and Easy

I love it! We will continue to use it and recommend it to other churches.

Pros

This software was quick and easy to set up. It is very user friendly with even the most computer challenged mind could do it. I also like how I can customize it with my own pictures for design.

Cons

It does feel limited at times. I would prefer to be able to search or process reports easier and with more options.

Givelify and easyTithe

Reasons for choosing GivingTools

Easy of set up and pricing structure.

JACQUELINE

Best Customer Service I've Ever Experienced

First United was still accepting pledges and donations by check or cash. We needed to implement an online giving option that allowed for recurring payments to maximize church income. Giving Tools is an easy-to-use end user interface and pairs seamlessly with Stripe, our payment processor. We also enjoy the reports and trackability. Customer Service team went above and beyond helping me to setup. I'm not a developer so they walked me through each step and built anything that was outside of my skill set with an email smile. Love these guys!!

Pros

Extremely easy to add segmented donation categories.

Cons

Allow end-users to alter their donations and subscriptions.

Response from GivingTools

Thank you VERY much! We do our best. On the cons side, we agree with you. Currently, donors can update their payment type later, but cannot change other settings without making a new gift. In the near term, we plan on allowing donors to change ANYTHING on the fly. But we are working on some other amazing features first which you will see in the next couple weeks. You are going to love this stuff! Thank you again for your kind words.

Replied July 2020

Shannon

Easy option for non profits

Great experience, good choice for small nonprofits who want an easy way to host donation pages on websites and have a professional user experience.

Pros

Very afforadable, easy to use. Forms are professional.

Cons

Software Didn't work on some platforms.

Cost

Susan

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Giving Tools Customer Service is the Best!

Pros

Easy to use, very affordable, developers always looking for ways to improve the platform. Fast loading, secure, forms look good. The customer service people are so responsive, it's as if they're working on our non-profit team themselves. I can't say enough good things about reps in Customer Support to express his stellar attitude, competence, and courtesy. The best ever!

Cons

Not enough options for some of the design features, but at this price, I am not complaining!

Jack

Beyond great experience!

Pros

Customer service from the makers of GivingTools is phenomenal. We've been able to get everything we need for fundraising for our organization, and our suggestions are looked at closely toward future versions. They've been a pure pleasure to work with.

Response from GivingTools

Jack, we appreciate all your great input and look forward to dazzling you with the upcoming 2.0 version of our online giving platform. Many thanks, and our best wishes for the success of your most worthy venture.

Replied September 2017

Lisa

Good value, great service!

Excellent!

Pros

The clarity of the reports; the way you are notified when a gift comes in; the amount pulled out of the gifts is much more reasonable.

Cons

Hard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult.

Response from GivingTools

Thank you for your review, Lisa! I believe your login issue was because we have our older 1.0 platform and the much newer 2.0 platform. Your account had started in 1.0 last year and migrated to 2.0 this year...and the passwords are different between the two systems. Glad we got you sorted out in time for your meeting and thank you again. Let us know if you see any issues or have ideas...we are pretty quick to implement improvements (we get a lot opf great ideas from customer feedback).

Replied August 2018

Jack

Great way to take payments

Fantastic. Like I said, the people working there really put in 150% to make it a good experience for their customers.

Pros

GT's software and service are so easy to use, and the people behind it back it 100%, to the point of making fixes within 24 hours when I had an issue. Their pricing is rock-bottom because they want to serve the non-profit community.

Cons

It would be nice if I could configure my own reports

Great small non-profit option

Had a big wish-list for a minimal budget. Wanted appearance to be excellent, simple interface for customers, good backend for management, recurring donation options, easy to set up appeals, useable reports, option for e-check and cash donations in addition to credit card. Giving tools has been nearly perfect for a price that is better than perfect. Support has been super-helpful with any questions, and our first year has been successful beyond our wildest imagination. Downloadable csv files for financial reports are life changing for the accounting side of my work. Other little features, being able to hide an appeal without deleting it, sending notifications to multiple people within the organization. . .lots of good stuff. Only real concern I had was reviews of bluepay as the cc transaction processor, but I've had no issues at all.

Pros

Ease of use on front and back end Accounting/reports Price

Cons

N/a

William

Great Online Giving Resource

We have been able to raise funds from people who are even out of the country. This has been a great resource for our ministry.

Pros

We have used GivingTools for online giving to the church and for a customized capital campaign. The cost to the church was much less than most online giving tools.

Cons

We had a time when an individual was having a problem setting up recurring payments, but that was an issue outside of the software.

Kurt

Best donation platform for small non-profits

Pros

I love GivingTools for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I love that they allow you to mix and match the payment gateways for card or ACH donations. Second, I can easily create different appeals/campaigns for different aspects of my organization. The customer service is also *very* good. I made some recommendations to the platform and they integrated my ideas within just a couple months!

Cons

It could use some more development to enhance features. Perhaps over time new features will be added.

$