• Pros

• "This software was quick and easy to set up. It is very user friendly with even the most computer challenged mind could do it. I also like how I can customize it with my own pictures for design."

• "I like its ease of use as well as its support of our nonprofit mission. Customer service is excellent. "

• "Very afforadable, easy to use. Forms are professional. "

• Cons

• "The menus take a minute to get used to, but help is always there when you need it."

• "We had a time when an individual was having a problem setting up recurring payments, but that was an issue outside of the software."

• "It does feel limited at times. I would prefer to be able to search or process reports easier and with more options."

Browse GivingTools Reviews

Robert from Bird Ally X

Giving Tools is an excellent platform.

We do gift shop sales, online sales of books as well as donations. Giving tools handles all of these very easily, with room to grow.

Pros

Cons

No complaints. Giving tools works exactly as it should.

Peter from Jeremiah's Promise

Love it! I couldn’t be happier!!

Pros

The cost to me was a big one! As a non-profit that takes a lot of recurring payments it’s a very simple system that is easy for me and the donor. The cost of ACH’s was unmatched!

Cons

There were some quirks with version 1 but V2 is much better. There are still a few odd things on the donor side that I don’t understand, like they can’t alter their existing giving, they have to cancel it and create a new pledge. We are using blue pay as our processor and there are some things I don’t like about that integration but that’s not giving tools fault!

Cost!

Nikki from New roots haiti

Almost there....

Amazing customer service. I still think there are aspects that could be improved (see above).

Pros

It looks professional, easy to add to website, easy for donate to navigate original donation. I’ve always had amazing customer service experience with this company.

Cons

Switching from 1.0 to 2.0 version was a night mare. In order for donate to adjust their monthly donations they have to cancel and then create a new one. This is often confusing for donors and has caused us trouble. I’m thankful that you now send emails to us and donors when their card is denied for whatever reason.

Response from GivingTools

Replied August 2019

Thanks for this feedback! While 2.0 introduces many new features, we continue to hone the product. Please do share any issues you have as that helps us focus our resources to make GivingTools the best tool possible for actual users. Now that you are in 2.0, new recurring gifts will have 2.0's featureset. Older 1.0 gifts are automatically ported over to your 2.0 account for recording purposes but they are not as robust in terms of options. 2.0 gifts are forward compatible, though, so as new features become available, those gifts will enjoy the full benefits. Thank you again!

SHANE from Identity Hoops International

IHI loves giving tools

Pros

The price! great value and much better with the new update.

Cons

the old version didn't update on canceled cards.

price

Churchill from Shrine Mont

Giving Tools

It gets the job done with little hassle. Easy to embed into our website and reports give the information we need.

Pros

Ease of use with menu and response of the development team to my needs

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

initially it was suggested by a vendor for a capital campaign. Now we use for program registration and other specific tasks.

Joel from Hope & Rescue

Love Giving Tools

The customer service has been great — timely, friendly, and easy to follow directions

Pros

I like that it is plug and play and that there is some room for customizing. Love how it tracks donation info and detailed information can be exported to Excel

Cons

The software is not as robust for non-flash sites

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

Cost-effective, easy to use, had the features I was looking for

Theresa from Restoration House MInistries

Giving Tools Review

I am able to track our monthly donors with ease and more importantly the warning we get when a credit card expires makes it possible for us to take care of that right away. We have a person at Giving Tools that we can contact to help us and we have always received a quick response back.

Pros

I am able to easily find the information needed for each of our donors, their giving amount and when they gave.

Cons

I used another software for 8 years - I had a lot to say negative about the use of that one. I have nothing negative to say about this one.

Our Website host uses Giving Tools

Fielding from Center for Open Science

A robust, affordable giving platform

Pros

GivingTools is a robust, reliable, and affordable platform for processing online gifts. If your needs are straightforward and cost is a critical factor, you should consider it as an option. It does not have some of the functionality of more elaborate solutions and is priced accordingly. Customer service is speedy and bespoke.

Cons

It is a robust, basic solution that may not have some of the integrations and functionality required for your workflow or that you may need in future. As always, ensure this or any product meets your current and near-term needs.

Elizabeth from Conestoga Mennonite Church

Quick and Easy

I love it! We will continue to use it and recommend it to other churches.

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

Easy of set up and pricing structure.

Kurt from Defenders Media

Best donation platform for small non-profits

Pros

I love GivingTools for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I love that they allow you to mix and match the payment gateways for card or ACH donations. Second, I can easily create different appeals/campaigns for different aspects of my organization. The customer service is also *very* good. I made some recommendations to the platform and they integrated my ideas within just a couple months!

Cons

It could use some more development to enhance features. Perhaps over time new features will be added.

Benjamin from LifeSteps World Ministries

Perfect for what we were needing and then some!!

This software allows us to get more donations and quicker than before. Allows us to seamlessly integrate through our website to be able to keep traffic focused on what's important to us. This also allows the donor to manage their payments easier than going through us, and saves us a ton of money in the long run compared to nearly any other software out there.

Pros

Most: Customer Service, hands down the most responsive and willing team to work with from asking questions, fixing a couple minor bumps I had, and reconfiguring to specific needs in one area. They are great and willing to help whenever possible. Then I would have to say the value of their system and service for the price you pay is beyond awesome. They are straightforward in what they offer and they have some of the best rates that I have found out there. For what we were needing, GivingTools has been the perfect fit. Their system is pretty easy to learn and understand, and it has been fairly simple to train our staff on how to use it and implement it into the support raising. To lock in the rates GivingTools have negotiated with BluePay and still be able to integrate their systems into outside 3rd parties like Salesforce is outstanding as well. For a medium size non-profit that is steadily growing that value and ease is not overlooked. There are lots of other pros to GivingTools that I would highly recommend anyone searching and investigating Donor Portals, should look no further and give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Cons

Downloading the reports and understanding them with BluePay's reporting does take a minute to understand. I'm a very skeptical person so it took me a couple months of digesting the reports to fully believe everything was there and it was working properly. But I also didn't have the proper time to be able to invest fully into learning the reporting until about 2 months in. But once I sat down and reconciled everything and took a day to understand the language and learn how to merge with our old/current system is all made perfect sense, just needed that time for my brain to catch up. This should not be a deterrent though, but just recommend being sure to ask questions and take the time to learn how to quickly merge with your current accounting processes.

Jon from Life Church at Ardsley Park

This is a great company all around. We couldn't have been more please with our experience!

Pros

It was very easy to use and to set up. We had never used online giving before, so this was a new world to us and givingtools helped the transition be super smooth. Customer support is a huge deal for me and givingtools had amazing support. I was weary of not having a phone number at first, but when I realized how quickly they respond to email and how detailed their answers were, I was thrilled with the service. It actually saved me a lot of time to just email my question and see the answers rather than sitting on hold through a phone automated system like other companies do. We used givingtools for over two years without a problem. We have just now switched to a different product because of a complete overhaul to our records integration, but our switch had nothing to do with any problems from givingtools. In fact, givingtools customer service was amazing at helping us make the switch and never tried to pressure us with sales tactics like some companies might do. I would highly recommend givingtools to any church looking to get started with online giving. You won't be disappointed with them.

July 2016

Jerri from The Learners Lab (TLL)

July 2016

A Perfect Partner!

My charity is a first and its needs are totally unique. Whatever I throw at Giving Tools, man do they know how to catch and run with it to figure out a unique solution. And whatever they come up with will be something they can use for other clients!

Pros

Everything, they realize companies are not cookie-cutter and they are anxious to help you get where you need to be. I'm thorough, and the are more thorough than me -- which is tough!

Brandi from Boys & Girls Clubs of SMV

So glad we found this program

After a lot of searching for a site like this, and using some bad ones, Giving Tools has been very helpful. It is very inexpensive, no hidden fees that sneak up on you. Reports are easy to print and it is easy to navigate the site. definitely recommend.

Pros

It is easy to enter and edit your appeals, events and campaigns. You can add photos to liven up your posts. The giving page is easy to add to your websites and share. The techs are very helpful if you need help or have questions.

Cons

They recently switched from a 1.0 version to a 2.0 version. You can still access the old version but if you have campaigns in both the old and new, only some are visible. It made things pretty confusing.

Lachelle from Allegro Community School of the Arts

Over the Top Customer Service

I have never had such amazing customer support. We started using Giving Tools at the same time they were getting intermittent error message from their host company. This was forcing them to move to a new hosting company. As we all know nothing about this is good. It's hard on current users and the owners. But imagine the new customer who had just joined. That was me. The appeal itself was extremely easy to set up. Then I tried to go back in & edit and couldn't get anything to work. The next day I emailed support and started working with Jason & Josh who were amazing. Instead of saying - yip, things aren't working & we're trying to get it fixed they actually fixed it for me. Because I couldn't get in on my end, they edited the page from the back office to get me up and running. They helped me with the situation twice. They were very responsive, very quickly. They went way above what we have come to expect from customer service/support. I looked at several programs for giving pages and Giving Tools fit our needs for price and features. I'm looking forward to using their program ongoing. Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the best!

Response from GivingTools

Replied December 2015

Thank you Lachelle! Getting five stars from you on a bad day for us means a LOT! (To anybody wondering if we have hosting problems often, the answer is: this was the first issue in two years. But we communicated it with our users to be on the safe side and worked hard to be sure that all appeals continued undaunted.) Thanks for choosing GivingTools! -Jason

Shannon from Cooper's Chance Animal Rescue

Easy option for non profits

Great experience, good choice for small nonprofits who want an easy way to host donation pages on websites and have a professional user experience.

Pros

Very afforadable, easy to use. Forms are professional.

Cons

Software Didn't work on some platforms.

Susan from The Storydancer Project

Giving Tools Customer Service is the Best!

Pros

Easy to use, very affordable, developers always looking for ways to improve the platform. Fast loading, secure, forms look good. The customer service people are so responsive, it's as if they're working on our non-profit team themselves. I can't say enough good things about reps in Customer Support to express his stellar attitude, competence, and courtesy. The best ever!

Cons

Not enough options for some of the design features, but at this price, I am not complaining!

Jack from Rangjung Yeshe Gomde New York

Beyond great experience!

Pros

Customer service from the makers of GivingTools is phenomenal. We've been able to get everything we need for fundraising for our organization, and our suggestions are looked at closely toward future versions. They've been a pure pleasure to work with.

Response from GivingTools

Replied September 2017

Jack, we appreciate all your great input and look forward to dazzling you with the upcoming 2.0 version of our online giving platform. Many thanks, and our best wishes for the success of your most worthy venture.

Lisa from Strategies for Youth

Good value, great service!

Excellent!

Pros

The clarity of the reports; the way you are notified when a gift comes in; the amount pulled out of the gifts is much more reasonable.

Cons

Hard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult.

Response from GivingTools

Replied August 2018

Thank you for your review, Lisa! I believe your login issue was because we have our older 1.0 platform and the much newer 2.0 platform. Your account had started in 1.0 last year and migrated to 2.0 this year...and the passwords are different between the two systems. Glad we got you sorted out in time for your meeting and thank you again. Let us know if you see any issues or have ideas...we are pretty quick to implement improvements (we get a lot opf great ideas from customer feedback).

Jack from Dharma House NYC

Great way to take payments

Fantastic. Like I said, the people working there really put in 150% to make it a good experience for their customers.

Pros

GT's software and service are so easy to use, and the people behind it back it 100%, to the point of making fixes within 24 hours when I had an issue. Their pricing is rock-bottom because they want to serve the non-profit community.

Cons

It would be nice if I could configure my own reports

David from Friends of Kijabe

Great small non-profit option

Had a big wish-list for a minimal budget. Wanted appearance to be excellent, simple interface for customers, good backend for management, recurring donation options, easy to set up appeals, useable reports, option for e-check and cash donations in addition to credit card. Giving tools has been nearly perfect for a price that is better than perfect. Support has been super-helpful with any questions, and our first year has been successful beyond our wildest imagination. Downloadable csv files for financial reports are life changing for the accounting side of my work. Other little features, being able to hide an appeal without deleting it, sending notifications to multiple people within the organization. . .lots of good stuff. Only real concern I had was reviews of bluepay as the cc transaction processor, but I've had no issues at all.

Pros

Ease of use on front and back end Accounting/reports Price

Cons

N/a

William from Crestline First Baptist

Great Online Giving Resource

We have been able to raise funds from people who are even out of the country. This has been a great resource for our ministry.

Pros

We have used GivingTools for online giving to the church and for a customized capital campaign. The cost to the church was much less than most online giving tools.

Kurt from Defenders Media

Best Non-Profit Processing for Growing (and Flourishing) Organizations

Saving money!

Pros

Far and away the best thing I like about GivingTools is the 0% processing fee. On top of that, the hybrid processing options for ACH and credit card processing allow me to get the best percentage of each processor. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Great response time.

Cons

It is relatively limited in functionality compared to other all-inclusive platforms, but those platforms have much larger processing fees (sometimes even an associated monthly fee). If you can work with limited functionality because you're trying to stretch every dollar, this is the program for you! GivingTools really is the best platform to save the most amount of money on processing fees.

Sara from Ferrum College

Great product, easily integrated, and FABULOUS customer service!

Pros

I like the user-friendly platform and how easily it integrates with our website. The ability to customize the appeals and look of the software gives faith to our donors that the software is secure and reliable. The customer service is top notch and the best that I have ever worked with. They are very responsive - within a couple of hours - and have always been able to answer questions and resolve the issue. Very pleased with the software and would recommend it.

Jeannie from The Bridge at Burnsville

User Friendly and Cost Effective

I knew next to nothing about how to get started implementing an online giving platform. After reading many reviews of various online giving platforms, I choose GivingTools. They have great online help and also, by email, helped me through the various unknowns. Now that we have been using GivingTools, I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. It makes giving so convenient.

Pros

Easy set up Cost Effective Great Customer Support

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about the software.

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

Reading reviews and seeing the online help from GivingTools.

Chantal from Grace Christian Fellowship

Easy to use for the non-tech user

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to maintain, responsive customer support. Much easier to use than every other online giving tool that we evaluated (and there were a lot of them!)

Cons

dashboard reporting could be stronger, limited admin capability over recurring donations.

Stephen from Pagosa Valor Academy

Great support, great features

Pros

The support is fast, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The new 2.0 ads even more features. Thanks Giving tools!

Cons

Hard question... What do I like least? I like the simple interface, but I wonder if others would want something more complicated. NOT.

Mark from Blue Fire Legacy

Great for small non-profit

GivingTools has been great for our small non-profit however the reporting and back end function could use improvements.

Pros

User friendly to setup Integrates with our website Cost effective

Cons

Reporting is minimal Don't have access to the customer's account view

James from Design

This makes accepting ACH super easy for us.

We've been very satisfied with the product and service of Giving Tools. It's been well worth the monthly cost to have a good experience with a company who is responsive to our needs.

Pros

We started using Giving Tools because it provided the one and only feature we needed: ACH (checking account) payments. The staff guided us through the initial setup and then it was ready to use soon after. Our users appreciate the simplicity and the service has been very reliable since then.

Cons

The only difficulty I encountered was with the setup of the 3rd party processor, who's setup steps were pretty confusing because it requested a lot of info I didn't have or that didn't apply to our situation. Fortunately, GivingTools provided coaching and we got over this hurdle together.

Lise from Stages Repertory Theatre

December 2015

Unbelievably amazing customer service and easy to use the product

We just started using this product a day ago, so this review is primarily related to setup and service. And WOW has it been a great experience on both counts. I work with many, many vendors and this is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. We were up and running in less than 24 hours, and our contact was incredibly responsive and helpful - truly above and beyond. And this was in the week between Christmas and New Year's, no less - not a time that I usually expect anything to be easy or quick! Account setup was simple, straightforward and quick, and while we're only just starting to use the software itself, so far that has been simple too. It does everything we need it to do with good, though not perfect, options for customization. I'm looking forward to deploying it for our campaign and continuing to explore all its capabilities. Bravo to Giving Tools for creating a product that stands out for service, functionality, cost and ease of use!

Michael from East Texas Food Bank

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great and easy to setup

Great service and the support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and get forms on the website. Report exports are straight forward and contain all information we need. We love that donors can be presented with the option to pay the credit card fees. This has increased our gifts since we implemented.

Cons

Does not allow for Google Analytics ecommerce tracking as of now.

Brent from Ray of Hope Amazon USA

Industry: Philanthropy

great for our charity

This software allows us to collect funds from our donors in an efficient manner. We have been very happy with them and the solution.

Pros

I like that they provide a basic service at a reasonable price.

Cons

There is some functionality around user management of donors that could use some work.

Kristen from Tree 4 Hope

April 2016

Great support and attention to feedback

When we started using this software, we needed a quick fix and didn't have the time we needed to really determine our requirements and find the best solution to fit our needs. We hit the ground running and ran into some issues with this product. The Giving Tools team was always on the ball and provided quick turnaround for fixes and enhancements. They've taken our feedback seriously and made some great changes based on it. We are very happy with this product.

Response from GivingTools

Replied April 2016

Thanks for all your great ideas, Kristen! A note for the curious: We rely on feedback to constantly evolve GivingTools. We are always working on improvements, and we encourage feedback so we can constantly do better. As we see it, if there is a feature we don't think people need but there is a demand for it, we make it happen, sometimes very quickly.

Andi from EGL Community

Giving Tools Rocks!

I looked into many online giving options for our small religious nonprofit. It was a real gauntlet! I was overwhelmed. Everything was too much money or too complex for our simple needs, and it was all so confusing. Hidden costs were everywhere, and no good way to compare. Everything got better when I found Giving Tools! It is cheap, simple honest, looks really nice - just perfect for our needs. They also have very good personal service, when you need it. We were too new to have a website yet, so Giving Tools even helped us work that out. I was grateful and amazed at the friendly service and expertise. Even if it was not already the best thing out there for us, that would have done it for me. I will be telling everyone I know. Thank you for existing Giving Tools!

Tracey from Dayspring Church of Christ

GT offers

We use Givingtools to collect weekly giving at our church. Easy to create appeals and collect donations.

Pros

Easy to learn and to teach to my congregation

Cons

Reports could be easier to generate with search options for locating specific donations.

Gail from Greater Kansas City-Topeka Psychoanalytic Center

April 2016

User friendly and great customer service.

Selection of GivingTools literally happened over a four-day period by my superior. Since I was in a crunch at work, she worked through the setup with customer service, then passed it off to me. I was able to pick it up quickly with little instruction. The design is simple, the user manual is just 16 pages, and the support for our quick start was fabulous. Using this, instead of our usual manual system, saved me hours of overtime at a critical time. With use, I've suggested small software changes that would make my experience better, and they've been receptive. There were a couple of odd processing errors, and they've been responsive when reported. Their partner for processing online payments, BluePay, has been equally good to work with and responsive.

Laurie Anne from St. Joseph Catholic School

Best service for nonprofits

Incredible!!!!! I can’t rave enough about the support, fees and options. I love this company

Pros

great options for a nonprofit. I like that I can take recurring donations or sell a ticket. The reports are great as well.

Cons

I need a few more tailoring options in appeals but I feel confident they are working on them.

Sue from Bridging the Gaps Dyslexia Center

Excellent tool

I've had only pleasant experiences with giving tools.

Pros

I love the ease of the software. It was simple to set up. I love that it gives an automatic response when people donate. I like that I can customize it.

Cons

I have nothing to compare it to. So far so good.

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

I didn't look at anything else.

Holly from Wildcat Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

Take a look at Giving Tools

Pros

Front end: Ease of use. Back end: Customer/client support

Cons

Not impressed with report functions and data dump capabilities.

Supreeth from Comau Power train

Great Features and Support

Pros

The outstanding customer support and work on minute details. The graphical representation of the tool is more appealing.

Cons

The marketing part of this is not impressive as its really hard to hear about it. Some interference required for old and new merge.

Eric from The Sanctuary

Giving Tools for Churches

Giving Tools helped us be able to offer online giving for our church and we’ve been happy with the results.

Pros

It was easy to integrate into our website

Cons

I wish there were more features to pulling reports

Competitive pricing

April 2015

John david from Buk Mt. Episcopal CHurch

April 2015

Simple to use and a real asset to our CHurch

As a small church with limited resources we had struggled to come into the 21st century with credit card giving. After a couple of aborted attempts we found Giving Tools. They made it simple to set up and maintain and their personalized customer service guided us every step of the way. I give them my highest recommendation and strongly suggest you give them a try. If you've found the process confusing and intimidating these are the folks who can show you the way! Dave Canoles Treasurer, Buck Mt. Episcopal Church

Lynnwood from Longmont Church of Christ

Giving Tools

Pros

Easy to use online giving. Options for method of payment. Giving is transferred directly to bank account.

Cons

No negatives of note. Everything works properly.

May 2016

Gayle from Animals in Need Fund

May 2016

The software is very intuitive; therefore, easy to use.

As stated in my quick review, the software is easy to use. It is very similar to filling out an online form. If you have any problems, Customer Support is excellent! Jason, who I have worked with in Customer Support, is the ideal representative! He responds very quickly to emails and requests, even on Sunday. Additionally, he is funny and optimistic in the responses. Every company should be so fortunate to have someone like him on their team.

November 2015

Kelly from InterFaith Health Clinic

November 2015

Unmatched customer service, perfect online giving solution for our non-profit

As a mid-size nonprofit who'd not previously entered the online giving arena, we'd heard positive things about Giving Tools and were attracted by its extremely low rates. After signing up and making some appeals (very easy to do!), I've received unmatched customer service, with representatives and tech people even reaching out to me proactively to make our site as attractive and functional as possible. Very impressed!

Jo from The Sedli Project

Very User Friendly!

GivingTools has enabled our donors to give on a secure site and with ease.

Pros

The customer support is phenomenal! The software is very easy to use and generates the basic reports needed. I also love the emails that are automatically generated back to our donors.

Cons

The process for incorporating cardconnect was a bit stressful.

Reasons for Choosing GivingTools

The reports generated, the cost effectiveness, and the ability to imbed in our website.

Jennifer from The Barry L. Joyce Local Cancer Support Fund

A great product.

When I first saw the prices online I thought they were too good to be true. Then when I left a message and heard right back I thought that may be to good to be true. It wasn't. I've been extremely happy with Giving Tools. The product is easy to use and their customer service and technical support is impeccable.

Rob from Underdog Social Ministries

Simple and successful

We switched over to GivingTools and have had a wonderful experience so far. This platform has helped us with our campaigns and the accounting process has been much easier since switching. Our donors like the very clean, simple style of GivingTools and it has made everything easier overall.

Kristen from givetwig

December 2015

Excellent customer service and options

The folks at Giving Tools have been extremely responsive and helpful as I launch my first appeal. They offer certain functionality that is hard to find elsewhere, and their pricing is very competitive.

July 2015

Patty from Ascension Camp and Conference Center

July 2015

The software is incredibly easy to use. We are a small business without IT support, it is perfect.

We haven't had any cons with using the software. We have found it to be very intuitive.