• Pros

• "I like EVERYTHING about the software! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the staff at Golf Status were excellent in their customer service. The user friendly app was perfect for our Golf Tournament. "

• "Wonderful feature for our golf tournament to have live scoring, and highlight our event sponsors!"

• "Ease of use. Flexibility for different types of formats. Customer service is knowlegable and very quick to respond."

• Cons

• "Was a little confusing in having the scoring update at the end of everyone's round."

• "We had some occasional times where golfers were unable to input or edit their own information through the app, so it had to be done by an administrator. "

• "The platform has a learning curve BUT the customer service is great at guiding you thru it. "

Browse GolfStatus Reviews

Kevin from American Autism & Rehabilitation Foundation

Industry: Mental Health Care

Exceptional value for golf tournaments

GolfStatus is an exceptional product to help market, organize, and run your golf tournament. Setup was relatively easy, and the functionality of the administrative and consumer side of the technology was pretty intuitive. We will definitely use this software on every future golf tournament. Players loved it also!

Pros

What we liked most about the GolfStatus product was the simple and convenient way for golfers to share and view real time scoring.

Cons

Setup for the tournament was mostly intuitive but there were a couple of confusing aspects to setup.

Jomo from AT&T

GolfStatus did the trick!

Overall, experience was great. They worked with us and were eager to help our event be a success and wanted to be part of that.

Pros

The Leaderboard was the coolest feature. 80% of our teams were able to adapt seamlessly. We were easily able to input scores that were tracked manually. The site flighted the scores based on our input and automatically did the scorecard playoffs that determine leaderboard rankings. The site for registration was solid. We had a few issues with folks using Internet Explorer or other outdated browsers; also dealing with corporate firewalls. Otherwise, the site functionality was excellent and very customizable to our needs. We planned 2 very different types of events with the software thanks to an initial postponement and then, rescheduled event due to COVID. Allowed us to customize sponsorship and raffle packages to sell and we worked with the site's partners on special offerings taking advantage of a Golf Ball Sponsorship with Dixon and a Technology Sponsorship that featured the sponsor on the event day App and netted a Stay and Play golf trip back to our charity that we featured as a Premium raffle for $20/ticket. Could also feature sponsors and their logos, which is important to us. Support was outstanding. There customer service took care of me primarily by email. It was prompt and attentive and answered my questions or simply implemented what we were trying to do with the software. The back end of the software was pretty intuitive and others I had come help me, also were able to easily control and make updates.

Cons

When a registration or sponsorship came in on the site, we programmed the software to send us an email. It did, but it only told us what was sold and could have provided all the registration info that was input into the site. The back end reporting also could be a little better. The Team Registration report was good but there wasn't a good revenue report, which is needed to document financials. Also, this was our first interaction using Stripe as a payment methodology; we're accustomed to PayPal. This part is still under evaluation whether or not we care about using Stripe.

Reasons for Switching to GolfStatus

Price. They waived the fee as long as we worked with Dixon Golf. Their setup enabled our charity to raise more money.

Katherine from Lexington Theological Seminary

Golf S

Pros

This product helped my organization make our annual golf Scramble more professional. Instead of trying to set up our own registration page that took away important staff time, it was wonderful to have the site already set up and efficient. It was easy to use, and great to have everything in one place. The customer service was excellent, and all in all they made my life much easier!

Cons

I would like the site to have a more appealing aesthetic.

Michael from Habitat for Humanity - Powhatan

New Virtual Golf Tournament in COVID times (Dec 19-27 2020)

It was a great experience overall - very customer friendly!!! It was my first time running any kind of golf outing and they were there for me every step of the way (replying to emails and text in timely manner at all times)

Pros

Professional looking, great to have a website for promoting tournament, golfer registration, sponsor registration and extras (Mulligans and Throws) all in one spot. Golfers liked the down loadable App for scoring (hole sponsors represented) and updated leaderboard during our tournament.

Cons

A few sponsors did not like the added fees using site - organizing the tee times in a better fashion - need to automatically input code for registered golfers using App once they found their tournament

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

Had better follow up from my initial call

Gary from The Christus Foundation

2020 Tournament

Very attentive when our event was getting close and awesome about checking in from time to time to see what they could help with. Using golf status to help in processing credit card payment and organizing cart signs and score cards made the day a lot smoother for everyone involved. Online scoring brought on a lot of fun talking between groups as the day went on.

Pros

The ease in registering teams and individuals, as well as being able to offer "touchless" payment for extras and add on's like Mulligans. Loved the way that the software flighted everything for us and listed out the winners and places for each.

Emily from National Ag Science Center

Fantastic App and Support Team

For a non-golfer and a non-tech savvy person this program was absolutely fantastic. Very intuitive, user-friendly, and manager friendly. The support staff were responsive, helpful, and accessible at all times (sorry for the Saturday evening chat questions!).

Pros

The ease of tournament creation was the best feature. I was apprehensive about using technology with my staff and also with our tournament constituents. This system was so easy and intuitive it took all of these fears away.

Cons

We didn't explore nearly everything this program could do. The only thing that was difficult at the start was envisioning what it was going to do/look like so that we could be prepared for the day.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

I received two other email solicitations with follow up calls from app type programs. The GolfStatus crew were personable, enthusiastic and reassuring that they would be there with us throughout the process and THEY WERE!

Reasons for Switching to GolfStatus

I realize this is not technically a product switch but the difference the program made from the way things have gone with the country club handling features like scoring, the leaderboard, determination of contest winners, was night and day. I don't think I could ever go back to allowing the country club to do the tournament management!

Poppy from Joshua Collingsworth Memorial Foundation

Love GolfStatus!!

This is our second year with GolfStatus and we've had nothing but fantastic feedback from our golfers using the app to track scoring and see how other teams are doing, and absolutely impeccable service from their staff.

Pros

Cons

It would be great if it magically integrated with our CRM, but that would be unrealistically asking a lot.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

GolfStatus is local to our area, but even without that connection, we're very proud and happy knowing that their leading their industry.

Sandra from Germanna Community College

Excellent App and Staff

This is the first time that we have used a product to manage our Golf Tournament, and due to the pandemic, we wanted something that had less touchpoints the day of the event. It was perfect as tournament attendees could purchase their items right on their phone prior to the event, and during the event. 80% of our attendees used the mobile scoring which made the leaderboard easy to display to announce the winners. We have already discussed using it next year. The entire team at Golf Status was great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome! When I had a question the morning of the event, I don't even think that the phone rang twice before he picked up!

Pros

Cons

I received emails when sponsorships and other items were sold, but it went into my junk email. So, unless I went into the site daily or checked my junk email, I didn't always know when a purchase was made through Golf Status. This could be an issue with our email through our organization.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

We did not choose Golf Status over another product, as this was the first time that we used a product like that, but we are looking forward to using each year for our Golf Tournament.

Niki from Center For Enriched Living

Loved this product!

In addition to software that fulfills our needs, a key factor in having a positive experience is customer service. I had an excellent experience working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who answered my questions and walked me through steps on numerous occasions. He was always so helpful. Using a new system at an event comes with some anxiety and he helped make me feel at ease and confident that the process would run smoothly for me in crunch time - which it did.

Pros

This software was easy to use and did exactly what I needed. I simply needed a product that would score my tournament, have the ability to recognize sponsors, and have an app that golfers could use on their own devices. The system does even more than that, which would be beneficial to others that need more features.

Cons

There was really no downside for us. We had no problems or issues.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

I saw advertisements for the product on social media. I was looking for a system that our golfers could use on their own devices, so it would be hands free. Safety during the pandemic. The product was exactly what I was looking for, and I'm glad we used it.

Reasons for Switching to GolfStatus

I wanted a system that was more flexible and also hands free that people can use on their own devices.

William from Tubac Rotary Club

Excellent tool for golf event administration

Tech support is amazingly responsive. When I needed help they responded within 5 minutes. We will definitely be using the software again next year.

Pros

Made registration much easier, great email function, team assignments were a snap.

Cons

There were a few minor things I would like to see them add but overall the software is great

Teresa from Iowa State University

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Golf Status Review

Will continue to work with this product. Very simple to learn, admins work with you to find solutions that may not be available in current product.

Pros

Cons

Not quite as customizable as we would like.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

We had used this product for a year for a few of our events on a no charge basis. When we had to move to a new platform, this was an easy choice as it covered the majority of our needs.

Reasons for Switching to GolfStatus

No choice as we were moved to a different department within our organization and the program we had been using was no longer supported.

Deann from Youth for Christ

The difference in making our golf fundraiser happen during Covid!

GolfStatus truly made the difference in us being able to continue with our golf fundraiser amidst Covid-19! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team went above and beyond to create a way to use the app for an extended-play tournament, instead of the typical one-day event. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responded quickly, was helpful with explanations (especially to a non-golfer like myself), and made himself available to answer questions or troubleshoot when needed. Even though we couldn't have all of our golfers together at once, the Golf Status app still allowed us to share information about what the tournament was supporting, and we got about the same amount of support and participation as we would have in a typical year (we were expecting much lower). Thank you, GolfStatus!

Pros

The ability to feature hole sponsors and include stats about our ministry in the app. The ability to edit or input scores from the back end if teams did not understand the app. Easy calculations for winners, low gross and low net. Pretty short learning curve to figure out the software, especially with customer service support. Leaderboard visible at all times.

Randy from Salem Lutheran School

Golf Scramble Made Easy

The experience with GolfStatus was incredible. They are quickly available online to answer questions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered questions at all hours of the day. He even made himself available for conference calls with our planning committee a few times.

Pros

GolfStatus allowed us to hand over some of the planning and most of the payment for our golf fundraiser in June of 2020. The customer service was incredible, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He and his wife had a child during the planning stages of the event and he didn't miss a beat. We decided to go with the gold outing in the midst of pandemic protocols and it was still a safe and successful event, much to the credit of the GolfStatus team.

Cons

The only thing I can say that could improve is the ease of navigating the website for sponsorship or player sign-up for the novice computer user. We had a few golfers who were older who couldn't figure out how to get to the payment by credit card. Regular users, the younger generation, had no problems. What was incredible was the GolfStatus staff who took extra time to walk the older people through the process.

James from Bulldogs Battling Breast Cancer

BBBC CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT

The software was great and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was exceptional. He delivered all request in a timely manner and was a pleasure to talk with and extremely helpful, no matter the request.

Pros

The product was easy for myself as well as our contributors to navigate and use. The attention to detail and the information I can pull from the software as the administrator was remarkable and easy to use.

Cons

I really had no complaints at all. The software worked great.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

We were referred to Golf Status by a Dormie Golf's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Dave from Dormie Network

Golf Status

Pros

We recommend GolfStatus.org to partner organizations that host charity golf outings at our clubs because it’s the best event management platform for golf out there. Completely incomparable in terms of ease of use and features. Everything nonprofits need is built in and rolled up into a very simple platform, and there is no cost for nonprofits. The in house support team also assists with questions and is available even on weekends. Our partner organizations have been able to field more players, more supportive sponsors, and more successful events overall using this software.

Cons

No cons to speak of. Really great, user friendly product

Tracey from RCAW

My Experience with Golf Status

Excellent and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. Always there when I had a question and super helpful. We ended up with a 3-way tie at the end of our tournament and the software resolved it completely.

Pros

It pretty much ran the backside of our tournament flawlessly and was also very easy to use.

Cons

The only thing I did not like is that I did not get notified when someone purchased something through the website in real time, I was able to obtain a report however, but I would say that is a flaw.

Darryl from Sickle Cell Disease Asso of IL

Golf Status Support of SCDAI

This was our first experience with golf management software. We were very pleased. The customer support was outstanding!

Pros

Ease of use and it's breadth of functionality. It had many functions that we did not take advantage of this year.

Cons

In the future, we would like to see a more colorful, eye-catching home page design. We made a couple of suggestions re: tracking participant transparency that were well received.

Frank from GDIT

Time Saver

Easy to work with , quick with responses and great value for the purpose of use.

Pros

Automated features really allowed us to save a lot of time.

Cons

Had to call the help desk to get a few features tweaked to get what I needed out of the soft ware

Lori from Rogersville Area Chamber of Commerce

GolfStatus

Excellent customer service! They were efficient and effective with answering my questions, typically responding in less than an hour with explanation of what I needed to do to accomplish the task. Follow up and communication to ensure I was pleased with services was great!

Pros

Making edits to team members, uploading logos, and assigning sponsorships to holes was fast and easy!

Cons

Some of our older members expressed difficulty with understanding how to navigate the site.

Coleman from FORE OUR YOUTH

Industry: Fund-Raising

GOLF STATUS REVIEW

OVERALL - VERY PLEASED

Pros

USER FRIENDLY. GREAT SOFTWARE. GREAT SUPPORT FROM THE TEAM. ALWAYS AVAILABLE WHEN I HAD QUESTIONS!

Cons

AS I WORK WITH THE SOFTWARE, I WILL GET MORE PRO-EFFICIENT

Jeff from Hogan's Junior Golf Heroes DBA The First Tee of Omaha

11th Annual Steve Hogan Memorial

Top notch and very professional. Additional, helpful, courteous, efficient, knowledgeable and available at any and all hours

Pros

Easy and yet, detailed. A GREAT timesaver and enhanced our fundraiser significantly

Cons

Front page was more flexible etc...would be helpful; nothng major

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

Reputation, Service, Product Knowledge, Ease of implementation, Very User Friendly

Blaine from Save The Kids

Amazing Golf Tournament Platform

Great. I really couldn't have asked for anything better.

Pros

This software took so much of the planning and made it so easy. I was very stressed out about how we were going to collect the funds, but Golf Status made it super easy and legitimate to the users.

Cons

The Backend could be a little easier to navigate.

Finding GolfStatus was our best solution to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The people who work here are incredible. Special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

We were impressed by the freedom to limit touch-points and continue to host our charity golf tournaments this year. Beyond this, we loved working with GolfStatus so much that we will continue to use the app. It's easy to use, and allows you to have access to the scores on the course in real time. Oh! And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are incredible to work with :)

Cons

Not having control of the time zone. I was troubled by the play button not being active by the start time, which was overwhelming. I ended up calling to have someone on the back-end help me change the time zone and activate the tournament (so players could press the "PLAY" button). It would be great to have control of this feature, especially for travel and golf tournaments in different states.

Todd from Fanatics Sports Bar

Industry: Restaurants

Smooth Golf Tournament

Very happy. I hope to use it every tournament

Pros

Registration was a breeze. Not having to collect from participants the day of event was a big help on time and resources. Live scoring makes the tournament more exciting.

Cons

It would be nice to have more/easier access to payments as to who purchased what.

Ray from Green Mountain Pipeline Services

Industry: Utilities

GolfStatus Review

Overall experience was very good. I would definitely recommend GolfStatus.

Pros

I was great to get an email notification when a group or person signed up. This was our first year using the website. If I had a question or concern my email was responded to very quickly. Usually within hours.

Cons

Being our first year using the site, there is just so much content, sometimes I had to ask customer service where to find something. They always did respond promptly.

Angela from Grace Home Ministries

Great platform!

Exceptional

Pros

The customer service whether thru Live Chat or email has a great response time, great customer service skills and general great follow thru!

Teresa from Franklin-Southampton Area Chamber of Commerce

Very user friendly

Loved it! Their staff was readily accessible & helped me every step of the way. A very positive experience!

Pros

The Tournament management software was a huge help in setting up our annual fundraiser. Support staff was very attentive and guided us from initial event set up to posting flight winners at the end. GolfStatus definitely enhanced our tournament.

Cons

The Check In feature for users was confused by the golfers as checking into the tournament

Dan from Papillion La Vista High School

Great addition to our gold fundraiser

We thought it was a great addition and we would use it again.

Pros

People enjoyed the live scoring that the app provided.

Cons

Some people had issues with the online registration. It wasn't hard but some people didn't find it easy enough.

Chris from C. O. Sports Academy, Inc.

So easy!!!

Using GolfStatus made running my golf tournament so much easier for my staff and I. Especially with covid-19 and social distancing.

Pros

it is just so easy to use and if I did have any questions or concerns there was a specialist right there to help.

Cons

maybe just adding quick tutorial on registering and checking in the day of.

Response from GolfStatus

Replied August 2020

Thanks, Chris. We appreciate the feedback!

Megan from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Florida

BBBSNEFL Review

The team we worked with, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], were very attentive and helpful leading up and during the event.

Pros

The quality it brought to our tournament as well as its ease. It definitely helped with our safety pivots in the time of Covid, which is exactly what we needed.

Cons

Push notifications are not accessible when playing.

Reasons for Choosing GolfStatus

Golf status had an actual app feature.

Josephine from Faith Hopewell Love Community Inc

FHL Review

Excellent

Pros

The website was well done and listed all features of our golf event. We were able to track golfer registration and payments. The ability to have our list of golfers for the event and on the leaderboards was excellent .(

Cons

All aspects was very good. The chat feature I liked

Marie from Cancer of Many Colors

Great for tournaments & personal play

Excellent! 24 hour chat help and personal rep that was ALWAYS available to help.

Pros

Very easy to navigate the set up of golfers for a tournament. I also use it in my everyday play which helps out when playing new courses.

Cons

Would like to see more customization options for tournament use in order to capture more data for nonprofit use.

Scott from Wills Park Equestrian Foundation

Great service and products

Pros

Ease of use, end user support, responsiveness

Cons

Pretty intuitive and when had obstacles received quick support that helped a lot