GovPilot Software Reviews

GovPilot Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Easy to maneuver through sections. I really lean on the reports that GovPilot provides."
  • icon"The ease of setup and the fact that Gov Pilot does all the modifications and updating."
  • icon"I would love to include our taxes and water bills, etc. We currently use it for our Building Department and it's a great way to keep your file information and records in one spot with all your forms."
  • icon"In every category, there just seems to be to much information required. I also dislike that everything is addressed driven."
  • icon"If GovPilot cannot detect the location, the resident is unable to move forward with logging in a complaint."
  • icon"As with any new system, the start-up was a bit frustrating working out kinks etc."

Browse all GovPilot Reviews

• Have you used GovPilot and would like to share your experience with others?

Billie

February 2022

GovPilot is what my department has spent years searching for

I have already recommended GovPilot to several other county departments and have made myself available to them for questions regarding the switch. I have been pleasantly surprised with all of the features that our previous software didn't offer and, a lot of which, I didn't even know how much we needed them. Automatically notifying residents that their complaint has been handled or that their permit is now approved, integrating GIS in to their mapping systems to provide up to date and accurate maps of my County, and working with our credit card processor to safely and securely process permit fees with seamless transfers of information between the two are just some of the features that, now that we have them, we can't do without. There are so many great things to mention about GovPilot that I simply can't remember them all but, suffice it to say, GovPilot is well worth the cost.

Pros

The GovPilot team have been nothing but professionals for the entire process of changing from our previous asset management software to GovPilot. They gathered the details of what we were doing before, what we didn't like about our previous software, and how they could help fill in the gaps. Then they worked closely with myself and several of my team leaders to come up with a tailor fit solution to manage our Animal Control calls, Code Compliance calls, and our septic system permits. Even though GovPilot is based in New Jersey, they were willing to fly down to Texas to provide face to face training to me and my staff at a very low cost. The software is great and does everything we need and more but I think one of the best features they have is the live chat option on every page. If you have a question or get stuck somewhere, simply click on the support button and get help from a live representative in seconds. Another great thing that I appreciated was the professional manner in which they handled a few hiccups with our contract process. We had to put the project on hold several times while we processed some internal issues and the GovPilot team was there, ready to pick up where we left off once things were sorted out. No complaints and no incessant nagging about when we could move on to the next step. If I had to delete this whole review and condense it down to one word, I would describe GovPilot simply as "professional".

Cons

When reading reviews, I tend to distrust those that don't mention something negative in their review. There is always something that can be improved. Believe me, I had to think long and hard about what could be improved on with GovPilot. The only thing I could come up with was that they are obviously a New Jersey based company because a few of the fillable fields in our forms still referenced New Jersey for a few days before we were able to get them all switched over. That was it. That's all I could come up with. I have been entirely satisfied with GovPilot.

Reasons for switching to GovPilot

Cartegraph was unwilling to provide key features that we needed as our department grew. After asking for these features repeatedly, we were only taken seriously after we told them we would no longer require their services.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your wonderful (and thorough) review and feedback! Please be sure to reach out to your account manager or our support team any time you need anything! We look forward to working with you!

Replied March 2022

Rebecca

Lodi's Review of GovPilot

GovPilot changed the way we do business for the absolute best and we can't remember life without it.

Pros

GovPilot's software allows information to be shared easily and instantaneously between departments and also with the public. We are able to limit the paper in our offices while still allowing for information to be accessed easily.

Cons

The time is takes for Property Profile information to be updated

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback and review! Our team is proud of the work we do with Lodi, NJ!

Wendy

September 2022

Pros

Email update to requestors with each change in status, improves government transparency.

Cons

Sorting and filtering features need improvement

Clyde

GovPilot - Good Functionality and Operability

The GovPilot modules provide a great mechanism to record, track and manage the large quantity of rental properties we administer and the diversity of issues that are reported to our local municipality.

Pros

The best feature in GovPilot is the responsiveness of the Staff. They are timely in their actions to correct issues. They take our feed-back and integrate features into the modules which tailor them to our unique circumstances.

Cons

We can not identify any drawbacks or shortfalls so far since issues are infrequent and corrected quickly when they do occur.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your review and feedback! Our onboarding, account management, and customer support teams take great pride in being responsive and helpful to our customers! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your experience with GovPilot thus far!

Melissa

Melissa Gleason - Camden County IT Administrator

Pros

Easy to use Dashboards and ability to customize the Dashboard. Easy to filter within modules. Easy to have new modules setup. Easy ability to add permissions to modules. Easy to use Reporting feature. Issue fixed quickly and effectively. Ability to create automated workflows on modules and ability to add pre-defined emails and forms that can be generated with information in the module.

Cons

Issue with reporting location. Not always is a concern or issue that needs to be reported is from an exact address.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your review and feedback, Melissa. It is a pleasure to work with you and your colleagues in Camden County!

Replied August 2022

Jemaine

September 2022

I love working in GovPilot!

I refer to the Customer Service Team as "MY A-Team" they are personable, efficient and have always responded quickly and accurately to any of my issues and were always available.

Pros

The ease of use; though repetitive it allows for efficient and speedy processing of OPRA requests and responses.

Cons

The ability to merge and retrieve certain functions.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your response and feedback! Our customer support team appreciates your kind words!

Stephen

April 2022

Fully Comprehensive Software

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to computerize some of our key processes.

Cons

There aren't any cons for the use of this software. Whenever there may be an issue or a process is not making our jobs easier, support has worked very hard to simplify and improve the process so that it is much more functional.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your review and feedback Stephen! We look forward to continuing our work with you.

Replied April 2022

Debbie

August 2022

Pros

Ease of entering information, printing out forms, customizing settings

Cons

When uploading information the program sometimes duplicates instead of updating the information previously uploaded

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your review and feedback Debbie. I'm glad that our account management and support teams were able to work with you to resolve the duplication issues you mentioned!

Replied August 2022

Donna

May 2022

Montgomery Clerk's review

Excellent. very pleased with program and support staff

Pros

Can process records requests quickly. Easy to operate.

Cons

Once we got used to the modules, there were no negative issues.

Reasons for choosing GovPilot

I didn't choose but I think price was a major reason.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your feedback Donna! It is great to know that you are pleased with GovPilot!

Replied May 2022

Darren

GovPilot is a game changer

The City of Elizabeth is using GovPilot for Report a Concern and 9 other processes. Gov Pilot has enabled us to retire legacy systems and replace paper with a very efficient set of tools. Our response time is faster and there are far fewer errors in our workflows.

Pros

Replacing legacy systems and processes were a breeze thanks to GovPilot's dedicated customer service team.

Cons

There is a good deal of customization required; some reporting features could be more intuitive out of the box.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Darren! So glad we could help you operate more efficiently.

Replied October 2018

Christina

To GovPilot and Beyond!

Residents no longer need to wait to speak with a staff member during operating hours to access property information with the GIS Map. GovPilot is the perfect partner to work with a growing Township to create simplified processes for individuals to access information independently. The modules allow anyone to complete a form at any time, anywhere, decreasing our phone call and foot traffic so we can focus on other tasks. We are implementing additional modules that will further assist our office as we move forward into the electronic and digital era!

Pros

GovPilot helps us quickly and efficiently communicate between departments, and all communications are saved for later reference. Residents are able to notify Township officials of a concern at any time/day, not only during business hours. The automatic email notification for new RAC allows for response in emergency situations.

Cons

We found a few additional features for our purposes. We asked if only the CCO Inspector could be chosen for scheduling the Inspection on the drop-down feature to limit confusion. We also requested an automatic reminder for RAC for any NOV when the 10 days is expiring for Code Enforcement to follow-up.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your ongoing feedback with our account management team! have been excited to partner with you and we look forward to continuing to help you move forward with your digital transformation!

Replied November 2021

NANCY

Gov Pilot has a lot of features, once you know how to navigate through the processes.

more productivity and ease of tasks

Pros

I like the history of paperwork on each address when you do an address search - it is easy to see what each resident has --like parking permit, leaf permit, etc. You can also find a phone number for the resident in this system very quickly. I love the clone tab - it is the best since it saves a lot of time. Also when you do an address search the map with cross streets is helpful. The new custom balance report is concise and easy to read, much better than the previous report. I also like that when we reach out to Prop Pilot that the issue is acknowledged promptly and resolved as soon as possible.

Cons

The program seems to spin often - that can be frustrating. Guess we have too much data. We are trying to go paperless and this program is helping. However I am a paper person!

Response from GovPilot

Nancy, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Feedback like yours is very helpful.

Replied May 2018

Gregory

GovPilot has saved me so much time and paperwork. GovPilot is very simple to use in the field.

I have saved so much time and paperwork. GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to do my job in the field without having to come back to the office.

Pros

The software is very simple to learn and is user friendly. GovPilot provided training and phone support during our start up. As with any new product I was a little confused at first because GovPilot was all new to me. After working with GovPilot for a few days I was very comfortable moving around. As a Public Works Superintendent, I work in the field a lot and GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to review resident complaints and process street opening permits without having to go back to the office.

Cons

Initially, I was a little confused with the new software. Customer support was able to work me through some problems I was having and simplified things. Some categories were moved around to my liking. I do most of my work with GovPilot on my desktop and everything works fine. When I use my IPAD in the field, GovPilot had some problems viewing data. I talked with people and was told a Windows based tablet works much better with GovPilot.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much, Gregory! So glad that you find GovPilot's product easy to use and our Customer Support team helpful.

Replied November 2017

Marta

Comprehensive and Customizable Suite of Municipal Software

Govpilot has permitted us to modernize many of the functions of the Municipal Clerk's office. Licensing and record requests that previously were done on paper are now available to residents on line. The amount of clerical time spent was significantly reduced. However, conversion of old data to Govpilot was more difficult and time consuming than expected. This was mostly due to the poor quality of the data to be converted, but it delayed implantation.

Pros

The company is very responsive to requests for custom reports, screens, etc. The dashboard helps us manage processes from the same place.

Cons

The software is map based. We have missing addresses/Block and Lots in the public map database they use. Missing properties must be added individually, which is tedious.

Reasons for switching to GovPilot

We wanted to permitted users to apply and pay over the internet.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your feedback Marta!

Replied June 2020

Jonneigh

Property Data Base

I use this software everyday and love it. I think it has much more capability than what I am currently using it for. I have found their support to be available and responsive. Executive has made our Customer Relations a dream.

Pros

This product provides and excellent property data base that I hope to expand upon. I would love to include our taxes and water bills, etc. We currently use it for our Building Department and it's a great way to keep your file information and records in one spot with all your forms. The applications are very user friendly and have made our lives much easier for processing of permits. It has literally made my workload much more manageable. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

As with any new system, the start-up was a bit frustrating working out kinks etc. Had an issue with credit card processing but everything was fixed.

Response from GovPilot

So glad that you love using our software! Thank you for the kind words.

Replied June 2019

Richard

Powerful, Easy to use, Customizable, Amazing

The ability to convert static, antiquated paper forms into digital, GIS-supported cloud-based formats that initiate departmental workflows and government-constituent communication has been a huge improvement and time saver for County residents and our employees. The experienced staff at GovPilot have guided the County through many paper form conversions, always finding a way to customize county systems in ways that meet project specific needs, ultimately improving processes, response times and accountability to our residents. Unlike large corporations that have a take it or leave it attitude, GovPilot welcomes suggestions and seeks feedback, employing an inclusive, team-oriented approach to developing and implementing improvements to our systems quickly and accurately - no matter the complexity of the project. Once the changes are ready for deployment, the GovPilot team comes onsite to provide in the field and office training for all employees and managers involved in the new process.

Pros

Software is flexible, customizable, and easy to use.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you for the kind words, Richard! It is a pleasure working with you and your team.

Replied December 2016