All Sage Accounting Reviews

It Works Smoothly.

Phil

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Accounting For The Small Business

PROS

Easy to use, intuitive and with great reporting tools that allow me to keep on top of my business performance. Invoicing to clients, profit and loss reports, VAT returns, keep up to date on cash flow and knowing how my business is performing every day

CONS

I want to be able to compare this YTD performance with LYTD performance and that isn't possible to do

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Easy of use and the simplicity of installing it for the first time

Rendani

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Sage Business Cloud Accounting review

Capability to meet the objectives of the finance department while also making the workflow much easier in terms of maximizing efficiency

PROS

The installation and implementation procedures are straightforward. I like how easy the features are to use, even for non-accountants. It enables clients and colleagues to share files in real-time, saving time and eliminating the need to send invoices via email. This streamlines and lowers the cost of debtor management. When one is on the go, having access via a mobile device is extremely useful. The software is also reasonably priced, and it includes a free trial period. Sage's customer service is excellent.

CONS

One suggestion is that when adding a new Item from the Invoice screen, the new Item screen includes all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). You must currently exit the Invoice, create a new Item, and then return to the Invoice.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

We were able to combine our accounting and payroll systems by using Sage One. It enables us to manage our accounts from any location and using any device. It also relieved us of the responsibility of backing up and protecting our financial records.

Andrea

Reviewed April 2024

Sage Accounting for every day

I use sage for my own practice, for my husband's business and I have 34 clients where I am the invited Accountant. This system is well designed to make accounting easier.

PROS

It is easy to set up and use. Because it is an online system it can be accessed anywhere anytime.

CONS

They do have some issues with slow or degradation but have been working on this. Also billing department is not easy to contact so have had issues there

Peter

Retail, 2-10 employees

Sage Opinion

Not overly impressed

PROS

Standard procedures necessary for a small business.

CONS

See comments above. It is impossible to communicate by e-mail. Have wanted to send details of Sage invoice payments to Credit and Collection Department but without success. They have threatened cancellation because of perceived non payment of a couple of pounds.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Did not want North Americanisation. Thought it was a good idea at the time.

Denise

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great Accounts package for every business

Having used several different accounts packages my experience with Sage has gone very well, the initial transition was a little tricky as with any package when switching across but once set up soon got to know way round the package, able to set up ledger names that we wished to use. Excellent customer support with very experienced advisors who offer second to none service when assisting with issues. I am happy with our Sage package and will continue to use most definitely.

PROS

Sage is very user friendly, great customer support always on hand to assist with any issues. Clear and concise ledgers and reports, can set up pretty much how the company wants opting for specific names ledgers. Saves time as Accountants can access the accounts to prepare end of year saving time. Good all round package especially for the smaller business.

CONS

To be honest there is not much not to like about Sage, some of the invoicing elements bit clunky for example if you need to change Clients name on a specific invoice no facility to do this at source rather than go back into Customer record, lot of columns look messy if a balance if not being out on each line. Would also be advantageous to prepare delivery notes prior to invoicing as in our business goods are often sent before invoicing especially for Clients on account. Found the Stripe a little complicated having to download CSV from Bank Account, however currently do not use this facility.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

Integrity became very expensive especially if support was required, as the need for support was minimal, lots of quite clunky procedures when saving data and submitting for example VAT, The package became a little dated, some good areas for producing documents but ultimately required a more up to date modern package.

Audrey

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

I really wanted this to work

Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

PROS

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

CONS

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I signed up to be a part of the beta testing. I was hoping the migration of data would have gone smoothly from one Sage program to the next with data lose.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

I mainly used Sage 50cloud for it's desktop features and felt the cloud connectivity was lacking.

Gene

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Peachtree to Sage...A long history!

In the end, we sold the business and Sage was discontinued.

PROS

Sage was Peachtree Accounting software at the beginning. No internet available. Many startup accounting packages becoming available and we picked Peachtree on belief that it was a good starting company and would succeed. We used Peachtree and later Sage for some 20+ years.

CONS

Sage was a drop in service from Peachtree. Afterwards, it was always decreasing in support. Hard to discuss any topic or correct software problems. Lack of service and support.They were all about charging you for any conversation... insensitive till it got to the point of their interfering created more problems on their mission to boost revenue. We used the same package every year for stability!

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

We chose Peachtree and inherited Sage! As the software industry improved, Sage became a poor choice for service! Disorganized and little support.

Noreen

Design, 2-10 employees

Great For Small Business Use

Easy set-up for our small business. Easy to use and allocate payments. Very helpful staff when we needed help.

PROS

Easy set-up and ease of use especially the allocation of banking process.

CONS

No cons-fulfils all of our business needs.

Matt

Farming, 1 employee

An excellent product

PROS

An easy to use system for a novice computer operator

CONS

I've been using sage for 2 years and have no complaints

Sattisfied Customer

Extremely satisfied. Very useful guidance. Extremely helpful customer and IT support.

PROS

Easy to use, explanatory guidance very helpful.

CONS

No problems encountered yet. Very satisfied.

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

PROS

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

CONS

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

It was recommended to me by my accountant who was already using the software for some other clients and after trialling it, I found it great.

Sheldon

Reviewed August 2023

Sage Online Accounting

The software is good and reliable. Very few errors have happened to the software, since we have moved to the cloud. So Good.

PROS

You can log in from anywhere. Take on is easy. Invoicing is simple to use. Allocating receipts and payments straight from the important bank statements makes processing easy

CONS

The stock system does not intergrate well between the stock holdings and values and the balance sheet. Extra modules are required for this basic function and this does not always solve the problem. This results in clients needing to continuously reconcile stock to balance the Inventory Valuation to the Inventory Ledger.The project management systems need to be improved so individual and multiple projects can be quickly monitored in an income statement.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I was familiar with the company and their support. I prefer their method of storing transactions. It is a South African Support base

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

We needed accessability in the cloud from multiple places and we needed to work with our clients on the same information, without them needing to bring their laptops to us.

Rebekah

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Brilliant product

Really good, does what it says on the tin (so to speak!), perfect for our use case.

PROS

Sage Accounting is very easy to use, it has a lot of useful features that make it stand out ahead of similar software

CONS

There isn't much that I don't like, but maybe some more customisation to the interface would be nice, to make things cleared to see when needed or to remove bits I don't want to see.

Due to local 'making tax digital' regulations in the UK

Simon

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

Sage

Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

PROS

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

CONS

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Used Sage when working in another industry so familiar with some of the processes.

Kerry

Reviewed July 2022

Sage review

PROS

From AutoEntry to sage accounting to sage final accounts. I like the bank feed within sage accounting - all time saving.

CONS

Bulk nominal changes would be a good addition. Otherwise I have to go into each individual invoice

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Mainly the support I get from the team at sage. I can always get hold of someone to answer queries.

Hi Kerry, Thanks for the great feedback and glad you're loving your accounting product. Very best wishes Sage

Replied August 2022

Vishal

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Can definitely Work with IT!!!!!

Ability to meet the objectives of the finance department and make the workflow alot easier in terms of maximizing the efficiency

PROS

The ability to integrate with other Sage solutions was great. We had some other 3rd party solutions which needed to be integrated and the ISV already had integration points available

CONS

The price was a little off but we if you need the solution its worth the extra cost

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

The great reviews and i have a couple of other professionals who recommended it to us