All Servant Keeper Reviews

Albert

Reviewed January 2018

Servant Keeper gets across the board. Their salesman,

Online directory for church membership. Saved many man days of work recording and tabulating contribution statements to the membership. Opens door to online communication to church membership.' Allows membership to review their giving statements at any time online.

PROS

We formed a committee to review electronic giving in early November. In this process we learned that our church had purchased SK, but had not implemented it. After reviewing the benefits of SK we decided we should first implement SK before moving into electronic giving. We tested SK live for over a month to confirm that it work for us. Prior to SK we used PowerChurch Plus for membership records and manually recorded all of contribution records by hand on paper ledgers. The conversion from PCP went very well using the SK provided tool for data conversion. In this process we moved 525 families with 1149 members to SK from PCP in a manner of minutes. The SK salesman met with us almost daily over the phone to answer our questions when we were in the month long evaluation. He answered both functional and technical questions as we tested the functionality. At this point we have implemented the membership and contributions modules from SK. We are planning to implement the Directory next and then get into email ' text communication in the Church membership. The guys entering the contributions especially enjoyed doing the "Ka-Ching" feature that sounded every time they entered a contribution. Overall at this time we are very happy with SK and the service they have provided as we implemented the software. We decided to implement the "cloud" version of the software and it works as fast as the local version which we used in testing.

CONS

We wish that all of the features were rolled up in the cost for the cloud version. Other than that there everything has worked as advertised.

Hi Albert, very kind of you to leave a very detailed and glowing review of Servant Keeper. It's an honor to serve your ministry and we are so glad that SK is a blessing for you! - the Servant Keeper Team

Replied January 2018

Phillip

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Servant Keeper Thoughts

My overall experience with Servant Keeper has been good. Even though some of the features are somewhat confusing to me, ultimately, in time, I am able to figure them out. So far it has been the most user friendly church management program I have tried. I Ch

PROS

Overall the software is relatively user friendly. Doesn't take long to get going. If you can attend an instructional seminar, that will get you going even faster and get a lot of questions answered. Giving entries are very intuitive and straight forward. Corrections to entries are a little more work.

CONS

Steps to Merging duplicate entries or files can be very confusing. Customizing entry fields in the membership is difficult. Always have to go back to the guides and/or instruction manual to recall the steps. I always have problems with the conditional statements in creating a group. Wish it was more simplified with practical examples or templates.

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

PowerChurch Plus was too complex for our people to figure out.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Fine folks, but inferior product

It served us well in our early years as a church. But as our needs grew, SK didnt work for us. Great price. Great folks. Very limited functionality. If you're needing a simple solution JUST to keep up with donations, this will work. If you need more than that, this product might not be the best for you.

PROS

Not much. I think the staff at SK are great and fine people, but the software is lacking!

CONS

The GUI is archaic, outdated, and looks like one has taken a trip back into Windows 95. The install is awkward, at least on a Mac. There arent a ton of feature that can be done with this software. Reporting is limited, and there's no workflows, automated reporting, member portal, attendance module, etc.

Pricing. Which was the wrong reason, it appears! LOL

Hi Michael, Thank you for using Servant Keeper. We actually do have a member portal, attendance module, in-depth dashboard reporting and much more on our latest version of the cloud. Plus, Servant Keeper has just joined the Faithlife Family. Faithlife, the makers of Logos Bible Software, is now working hand-in-hand with Servant Keeper. This means as of today, Servant Keeper customers now have access to more tools than ever before, and at special pricing! Not only can ministries manage their membership and contributions, they can access online giving, better manage events, offer their church members and ministry team Logos Bible software and Faithlife TV, run a professional and automated website, schedule and run effective ministry services with impactful presentations, and so much more. We encourage you to take a look at all that's possible. As always, we're here to help you if you have any questions. Thank you, Servant Keeper

Replied February 2021

Manja

Reviewed February 2024

Excellent Customer Service!!

Overall, my experience has been great so far. The resources and support from Servant Keeper have made it easy to use all the features Servant Keeper offers. Every question I had has been answered, and I can call someone for help, which makes a big difference to me.

PROS

I am so impressed with everyone I have talked to so far at Servant Keeper. I have taken a few webinars, called the Help Desk and emailed with the onboarding team a few times. Every time my experience was excellent. Everyone is so helpful and patient. I got lucky to talk to [sensitive content hidden] from the Help Desk twice, and she is outstanding.

CONS

We are struggling with a few glitches for the account setup for donors, which are concerning me. I have talked to [sensitive content hidden] about it, and hope Servant Keeper can remedy the issues as soon as possible. After you first sign up and create your account, our donors are unable to enter their payment info. Even after logging out and logging back in the next day, it still doesn't seem to work. It eventually works, but I anticipate a little frustration from our donors.

Geneva

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

My Experience

Great experience

PROS

Very easy to use - user friendly software...so far the best one

CONS

Sometime it's difficult with vanco and quickbooks...but I'm adjusting and has gotten better

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

Employees were very friendly, helpful and thorough and the price was right.

Reasons for switching to Servant Keeper

They stop designing and supporting the software

Reviewed February 2021

The perfect database for the church of the '90s

Having used Servant Keeper for 2 years, it did exactly what I needed it to do, but never without some challenges that had to be overcome. Servant Keeper's look and features really feel designed for an older church but a church with a younger staff and demographic would probably find itself better suited with another option.

PROS

It is a straightforward database system. Running reports is easy. Overall, Servant Keeper provides a nice sampling of features for church management.

CONS

Is not Mac friendly. If you use a Mac you can find ways to make it work but you will have consistent headaches in doing so. Limited features compared to its main competitors. Looks and feels like it was developed in the '90s and has never really embraced modern technology. The sign-in system is difficult to set-up and maintain and, once again, greets people with a dated look that doesn't appeal to today's families. Customer support is prompt but rarely provides necessary solutions to the issues.

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

Ultimately, it was a team decision and one that I did not agree with for our organizational needs.

Carol

Weekly user of Servant Keeper, version 7

This has been a very reliable software as I have experienced very few issues with it. In the almost seven years I have used it, I think I have called for technical assistance only two or three times. My issues were resolved in a timely and helpful manner. I am a satisfied user of Servant Keeper.

PROS

I use Servant Keeper to make my weekly deposit; to record membership; to print picture directories; to prepare annual giving statements; and to run reports for budgeting purposes.

CONS

I would like to be able to do accounts payable from the same software in which I track income.

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

For the membership management/directory printing.

Loretta

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Help Desk

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] obviously knows his job. He was able to walk me through step by step and helped me achieve my goal

PROS

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient with me. I'm not really familiar with the software and it just made it seem so easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was AMAZING! I wish I could take him to work with me every week!

CONS

Without [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talking me through my problem, I would not be able to complete my task.

Reasons for switching to Servant Keeper

We needed a cloud base program and at the time Church Windows did not have one.

Lisa

Reviewed September 2019

Love the program! Outstanding Service!

PROS

I have just started using this program, we completed the conversion today. To date, I have found this program to be extremely user friendly. I am anticipating this program to significantly reduce our redundancy in the office while providing critical information in a very timely manner.

CONS

No facility management/scheduling feature.

Reasons for switching to Servant Keeper

CDM was cumbersome, not at all user friendly and not stable in functions.

Denise

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Excellent Donor Management Software

Overall, I would highly recommend this product. I use it along side QuickBooks for nonprofits and it's really easy to import donation info to Servant Keeper from QuickBooks. It is a great way to keep notes on donors, run reports to find all the donors in a certain geographic location, send year end tax statements. There is almost no limit to the type of donor information you can store and track using Servant Keeper. Customer service has always been super as well.

PROS

Servant Keeper is pretty user friendly and you are able to customize it to fit your particular needs. You are able to change titles of boxes and truly track exactly what you need to track for your non-profit. That part is fantastic. It's easy to import data from other programs which is super helpful.

CONS

all.the.clicking. There is so much mouse clicking when you use this product. It is almost funny how many times you have to click to complete simple tasks. It drives me insane. It could be way more efficient than it is when it come to doing tasks.

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

Servant Keeper wasn't the cheapest but met my needs the best. I like that it can be a stand alone product and you don't have to purchase the product that allows members to have accounts and log in etc. That was not a feature we needed so I didn't want to pay for a software that had that capability. They had options available.

loren

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2019

Needed to update

It was ok and we ended up going with a different software that was less expenses and did all we wanted it too.

PROS

With Servant keepers manually adding attendance was easy and you could see all your members on one screen.

CONS

It did not do what we wanted it to check in, texting to sign up, mass email/texting, scheduling volunteers, if we wanted these services we had to upgrade for a lot of money and did not get a free trial even though we were current customers.

Reason for choosing Servant Keeper

We didn't we switched from servant keepers to Churchteams

Reasons for switching to Servant Keeper

it was less expenses and did all we wanted it too, they have excellent customer service.

Liz

Reviewed May 2017

Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.

PROS

I like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members. We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry and Greet and Attend apps, as well as the New Online Office! The Online Office is extremely helpful. It allows me the capability to update or add member information from my cell phone or tablet, and that information goes right into the Servant Keeper 8 program. When I am at a small group, class or just bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, I can get my phone out and update their contact information right there. Our members have access to the online directory, they can view their contributions and update a lot of their information on the Online Office. Volunteers and staff can have access to the program from their own computers, so, now they can volunteer to do things at a time that's convenient for them, from wherever it's convenient for them. "Many hands make light work." We can give users and members access to different areas of Servant Keeper based upon their needs. Servant Keeper 8 integrates with several other programs that we use, like QuickBooks. It has also introduced us to other programs that are available like MailChimp, EventBrite and Vanco.

Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!

Replied May 2017

Debbie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Servant Keeper from a Person who is not techie

Automate administrative tasks: Servant Keeper enables businesses to automate tedious administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling, invoicing, and customer communication, allowing staff to focus on more important tasks. Improved customer experience: Servant Keeper's robust customer management system helps businesses create better customer experiences. It allows businesses to store customer profiles, track communication, and set up automated reminders. Streamlined communication: Servant Keeper allows businesses to communicate via email, text message, and social media, all in one place. This streamlines communication and ensures that all business communications are tracked in one place. Data security: Servant Keeper uses bank-level security measures to ensure that customer data is secure. This creates a safe environment for businesses to store sensitive data and prevents data breaches. Increased efficiency: Servant Keeper helps businesses increase their efficiency by streamlining processes and automating tasks. This reduces manual effort and ensures that tasks are completed in a timely manner.Benefits. Streamline administrative processes: Servant Keeper provides a suite of tools to help organizations streamline their administrative processes. Automate communications: Servant Keeper makes it easy to communicate with members, staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Track progress: Servant

PROS

Servant Keeper is an easy-to-use church management software that makes it easy to track and manage church members, donations, and events. It also allows churches to easily share information, such as newsletters and church bulletins, with their members. Servant Keeper also offers a variety of online giving options and is integrated with several popular payment processors, including PayPal and Stripe.

CONS

Servant Keeper is not the most feature-rich church management software on the market, and some of its features can be difficult to use. Additionally, it is not available in multiple languages, which can be a problem for some churches. Finally, the cost of using the software can be expensive, especially for larger churches.

Susan

Reviewed August 2017

We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!

PROS

We have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support many of our ministries. The ease of customizing our database with our own names for various fields is great. The Groups Keeper is an awesome tool and we foresee using it extensively. Although we are still learning the SK Writer functions, we can already see that in conjunction with the Groups Keeper, we will be able to personalize letters, emails, campaigns, etc. Perhaps the most appreciated feature of SK8 is that it resides on the Cloud. This enables all of us to work from home, which is a huge plus for our organization, which is 100% volunteers, except for our minister. Also, we appreciate that our data is backed up daily automatically.

CONS

There is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Replied September 2017

Greg

Reviewed May 2021

Servant Keeper Keeps Serving Us

Our experience has been great. When we’ve updated the operating systems—either on the host PC or terminals—both the online support articles and customer service have been invaluable.

PROS

Since we switched to Servant Keeper a number of years ago, I’ve never been disappointed that we made the switch, either from our previous management software or to Servant Keeper. Among the many features I appreciate about this product, I probably most appreciate the ease and flexibility of editing data fields to fit our church family’s needs.

CONS

Because contact info can be saved for both family profiles and individuals within families, sometimes we find that contact info (such as an email address) may have been updated for a family but not the member of the family who primarily receives information at that point of contact. Getting that information updated in the necessary spots is not difficult (as long as we remember to do so!), but it would be helpful if, when updating such info, Servant Kepper asked the user if the updated info should be applied to the family profile and/or individuals in the family.

Reasons for switching to Servant Keeper

Two primary reasons: ongoing support cost and ease of use.

Barbara

The ONLY Church Management Program I will recommend

PROS

Another church administrator recommended SK to me in 2000. I am forever grateful that she did. SK is very user-friendly and has many useful and customizable features for every size church. Their customer service and help desk are very knowledgeable and are genuinely happy to help you. I always recommend SK to other church administrators when I am asked what program at our church.

CONS

Nothing. All the features are very easy to use and integrating with QB was very easy as well.

Cost and user-friendliness.