• Pros

• "I found it very easy to use by not only myself but by other committee members. It provides a good platform for maintaining membership."

• "Ease of use and well designed. Menus are easy to navigate and functionality is easy to find. The meeting functionality is also very useful."

• "The Events page has a very attrative good interface. It is easy to log in to work on the site and the left hand menu is clear and contains all options wanted."

• Cons

• "having too many tabs make it little confusing at times but not a huge problem. Ocassionally similar looking tabs do possess a tired mind which leads to some confusions occassionally."

• "For those that aren't computer literate - the system could appear to be a little complex and daunting - but this is easily solvable with a good implementation and training plan. "

• "As we are a not for profit organisation any cost incurred can be a strain on our finances."

Browse TidyHQ Reviews

Andrew from Glen Waverley Hawks

TidyHQ - Glen Waverley Hawks

TidyHQ has been the stable back bone of the club, from selling event tickets to managing memberships.

Pros

I love the management and running of the meetings. As the Secretary, as soon as the meeting closes, copies of the minutes are emailed instantly.

Cons

Would love to have the ability to invoice shop items from the back end. Would also like to have the ability to run news feed stories off the home page.

Máirín from Melrose Family Room

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Streamlined, clean user experience helped us automate many manual tasks

We have a popular community organization that accumulates a sizeable waitlist every year. Our memberships based annually, on fixed start / end dates for every member. Processing our waitlist every year has traditionally been a multi-month, complex, and stressful task. TidyHQ has allowed us to automate the most complex parts of this process. It has a membership renewal feature, first of all, so we do not need to manually query current members to learn their intentions anymore so we know how many new slots we'll have (manually, by email, member-by-member for > 100 members.) Next, our waitlist membership offer process has been streamlined as well, because we can now add waitlist members being offered membership access to sign themselves up - including processing their payment - instead of having to chunk them into groups, manually nag them to sign up, and manually tally up who signed up and who didn't to figure out how many slots remained open for the next round. It has improved our workflow in other ways, but this annual processing task has really helped eliminate a lot of manual work for us. I am also impressed with the support we have received from TidyHQ thus far. The documentation is laid out very well and the team is very responsive and helpful when you ask questions. I am also excited about the application API, although the features so far are comprehensive enough I haven't had to write any custom apps to support our org with the API yet!

Pros

- The meeting minutes / task management system - it has made a big improvement in the organization of our all-volunteer organization. - We also love that the subscription includes unlimited contacts - arbitrary contact limits hurt us in the previous, more expensive system we used. - TidyHQ can also handle multiple family members per membership, and they have many options for how the pricing structure works. Our organization is a flat fee per family, which can include multiple adults and children, and TidyHQ allows for our pricing model as well as many others.

Cons

- We operate with PayPal and there are some extra fees associated with using PayPal over Stripe. We really appreciate the option of using PayPal anyway, though. - I also am a bit concerned about the monthly outbound email limits, but I understand it's likely an anti-spam measure and we will probably never hit it given the size of our org. - I wish I had more control over the public facing web pages. There are a few things I would like more control over (e.g. custom CSS.) I really appreciate the simplicity of the web page system though, and feel the system will be manageable when I pass it on to the next technical coordinator even if they aren't as technical as I am. In our previous system, I was concerned about that because of the number of hacks I had to implement ot make things work.

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

When I started as tech coordinator 3 years ago, our WildApricot subscription was $20 a month. As of our last month the cost was jacked up to $60 / month - our plan's price increased multiple times per year. The system limited us to a total of 250 contacts - not enough for our ~115 member base as well as our annual waitlist. It was inflexible for our particular workflow and model of working, so we relied on custom DB fields and I had to rely on the API for missing features, and even had to write some screenscraping apps because its API was pretty limited. The most frustrating thing is the admin dashboard of the application itself is dog slow - I've loaded it on an Intel i7 system with 64GB of RAM and it was still slow - and it also only allows you to have one copy of the application open at a time. This made simple tasks like editing membership fields based on other data tables in the dashboard or creating new web pages on the public site based on data from the admin dashboard impossible. If you try to open the application in a second tab or window, the application starts failing and only the newest window will continue to work. Had the roadmap for the product aligned with our needs and some of its most obvious deficiencies (like the lagginess of the UI) actually been addressed, we would have been willing to stay even with the price increases but the value for the money really diminished with the raised cost without any improvements that made it a better system for us.

Tyler from Oracle

It has been a good experience so far. I love the TidyHQ team and appreciate the level of support.

Pros

I believe their is a lot of potential in this software. Potential for our organization to utilize more of the existing features, and potential for the software to improve where there are gaps. The TidyHQ team has always been very responsive and welcomes user input. From a feature perspective, I feel like almost every part of the application (contacts, memberships, events, meetings) has some major roadblocks, but the foundation is well build. With the support of the TidyHQ team, we have been able to find workarounds for most of our issues.

Cons

Very difficult to get a quick list of expired memberships, since TidyHQ does not factor in members that jump between membership levels from year to year. When I look at expired memberships, it will list members who are actually current members, but decided to renew at a different membership level. This is incredibly embarrassing for the organization and the only way to make sure it doesn't happen is to download csv of "expired" and "current" memberships and manually cross reference them. I would also love to be able to use TidyHQ for quick sign-in sheets for events or meetings. We have a lot of events which are free and non-ticketed, but we still want to be able to quickly capture attendee information (whether they're already in the system or not). Since Tidy does not make this easy for us, we still revert to paper sign-in sheets.

Response from TidyHQ

Replied June 2018

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the review! There is a Smart Group for Active Members which you can use for contacting - regardless of what Membership level they're in. Also, if you setup a Free ticketed event you can quickly duplicate the event. Or if you want to get fancy you can use the API and plug it into a more simple form (something we have thought about :)

Small, AND incredibly mighty!

Pros

I was knee-deep in setting up Wild Apricot (which was a complete slog) when our committee decided to take a step back and re-research alternatives. I am infinitely glad to have found TidyHQ. The difference is simply astounding. It is incredibly simple, but also contains every feature we needed as a membership-based organization. I love how simple it was to set up, and how much personal attention I was able to get from the support team. I'm sure this was an exception, but I was even able to speak with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company to get some deeper-level problems solved. Outstanding!

Cons

Probably that it took so long to find it (which is why I'm taking the time to write this review). I still marvel at how Wild Apricot has so many positive reviews. I found it terribly difficult to set up, and not at all attractive. TidyHQ is exactly that - tidy! The options are limited, but exactly what we needed. And, they are constantly improving and value user feedback.

Reasons for Choosing TidyHQ

Best value for the money (by a long shot).

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

We switched because we ran into headache after headache in the setup process. It's strange because I felt I did exhaustive research before deciding on Wild Apricot. I was totally disappointed.

Tim from Local Sports Club

Great Product to help coordinate everything you need

Great business to deal with and superb support to help us get it all across the line. Great company to deal with and they are always improving the product

Pros

Links our club database with everything we need from events to finance No need to worry about keeping up to date as the company is constantly improving the product

Cons

A few automated services that we don't need.

Better Event ticketing / membership restrictions on tickets / events

anna from Lucy's Project

Tidy little platform

Customer service has been great and its been easy to use. I wish that I had started using this platform earlier as it would have been ideal when we were smaller.

Pros

It's very, very easy to use. You don't have to waste time working out how the system functions. It's easy to run meetings.

Cons

It isn't very customisable and there aren't many apps that work with it. It could integrate with more platforms. It would be very good for a small, community style organisation but is a bit limited with a complex customer base.

Reasons for Choosing TidyHQ

ease of use and accessibility. Affordability

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

It was too hard to keep all the data up to date . it required too much skill and was not acccesible remotely

Stuart from AFL Gippsland

Tough learning curve, but well worth the effort.

Pros

Best thing about TidyHQ is the level of professionalism it can bring to a club that may not otherwise have had. Many clubs are still using disjointed administration processes where paper is king and data loss is also high. TidyHQ's ability to bring all of that together in a place that all the committee can easily access is it's biggest advantage. Despite the fees that do add up on bigger dollar amounts, for smaller monetary values, the ability to eliminate physical cash handling and chase up on unpaid invoices will save a club a lot a lot of headaches.

Cons

Probably for TidyHQ to really boom and dominate, either integration with a accounting program is important or the finances section must really step up and begin to rival accounting programs. While this will be a large amount of work, if you can eliminate those transactions fees for things like sponsorship payments and a club can solely rely on TidyHQ finances to handle everything, TidyHQ will be the market leader in this space.

Shane from SPEG Jamaica

Excellent Product

We are able to communicate more efficiently and also keep track of membership and finances. We haven't used the software to its full potential yet, but our small company is better organized with TidyHQ.

Pros

I like that I am able to keep my team updated through group emails. The membership feature is also great because I get to keep track of the people who support the business. I love the finance feature it helps us get a handle on the monies received and spent without the need for an accountant that would have cost us much. We also like the fact that we are able to use the product for free and get much out of it. Once our company expands we will definitely subscribe to paid features so we can get more out of TidyHQ.

Cons

I haven't tried sharing much media, I doubt there is anything for that based on the nature of my company. It would be great if we could send media files to our members through email.

Tim from Tim White Consulting

Fully expandable

Pros

Fully tailored to our club Event management very good. Just processed 3,200 tickets Stripe very good Simple financial reports. Very suitable for smaller clubs Ability to download csv file

Cons

Limitations on family memberships, the system can't handle partners and children on transferring. Could cause issues with importing Cumbersome for a car club requirements because the car information had to be laboriously inputted Many queries could not be answered

As both a member and administrator - very positive and easy to use.

Easy of use and ease of management.

Pros

Cons

Could do with a few more features around member management and reporting of member/contact fields as well as non-email groups. Some improvement in the meeting functionality would be good to facilitate votes and collaborative meeting minutes creation (and post-meeting distribution).

Raechel from Victorian Perioperative Nurses Group

Enjoy using the product .. just some challenges with knowledge & functionality for organisation

Pros

Very clear and able to utilise the Committee Structure/roles easily. The tasks for assigning to people who work remotely has also been valuable. Invoicing system is quick and easy. Memberships are great (especially the "rolling" option) for our organisation.

Cons

Some of the reporting features aren't quite what I was hoping for - having to download whole database information and then sort through for the small amount that I'm wanting has been a little frustrating. The biggest drawback for me as the administrator/user is the events. We have quite an involved ticketing system for major conferences and need the ability to change ticket levels without cancelling/re-entering all of the information to change tickets. Would be so much easier if ticket could just be "upgraded" or "transferred" to another ticket type. Also would like the ability to work my "trade shows" by having facility to upload map and people being able to choose the space they are wanting, or at the very least being able to put in the "booths" with the map as a reference and they choose what they are wanting.

Response from TidyHQ

Replied June 2018

Hi Raechel, Thanks for the review :) Noted regarding shifting folks from one ticket type to another. You can create a few custom fields to help with collecting information about what stands your vendor wants. You can also upload an image of the floor plan so they can check it out in the event description. Cheers, Isaak

Brian from Dominion Hills Civic Association

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Review of product as membership database

Implementation of the TidyHQ system has allowed us to catch up to the 21st Century and we are grateful for that. We would like to resolve the problem issues we have experienced so we can continue to use this system.

Pros

It is reasonably priced and has a lot of useful features.

Cons

We are a neighborhood membership organization in which memberships are kept by household. But we also need to track and communicate with both of the adult members of the household, when there are more than one. We need to link the individuals' membership records, which we can do manually. However, when one member of a household makes a payment, that payment is not reflected on the other household member's record. This can cause us to send payment reminders to persons whose household payments have already been made by the other member of the household. We also have a problem with payment levels. Our basic annual dues amount is $20 per year. However, we also encourage our members to make an additional voluntary contribution. The problem here is that the TidyHQ form does not allow the member to enter the amount of their voluntary contribution. Instead, they need to choose from a long list of contribution amounts. This is unwieldy and frankly looks unprofessional. We would like to provide a short list of suggested additional contribution amounts ($10, $25, $50, $100) and also have a field for "Other" in which the member can enter whatever amount they wish. This would be a big improvement.

Grame from Western Sydney Law Students' Association Inc.

A Tidy, Efficient, and Simple Member Management system

As an incorporated association and a charity we needed a membership system that was legally compliant and that we could fully control. The university could not provide that whereas TidyHQ definitely has brilliantly as well as allowing us multiple membership levels and payment methods. We are also looking at bringing our whole merchandising and event ticketing systems over as well as agenda/meeting management which TidyHQ is more than capable of doing. TidyHQ is for us a work in progress that we are still finding out just what it can do for us and we like what we are finding out.

Pros

Ease of setup and simplicity since our members and more importantly admins are not normally that tech-savvy. The price point compared to anything else equivalent on the market was also a major consideration since we are not only a charity but also a university student organisation with barely any money. That the product is also fully Australian and the data resides within Australia and we ourselves get to control all aspects of the data was also a primary reason for our switch from the university system currently used (that is based in USA) and totally NOT user friendly and not controlled by ourselves.

Cons

At the time of our deployment (and we are still deploying) TidyHQ was still quite young so there were not that many help guides - this has since changed. We also originally only used the "free trial" (now discontinued) system so support though available somewhat was understandably not much.

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

Orgsync has an unwieldy User Interface design, with highly lacking control that is really only useful for "clubs" auspiced under a University banner, not incorporated bodies that have legal requirements when it comes to member management etc.

Anne from Rare Breeds Trust of Australia

Industry: Farming

I have supervised a NFP organization from disorganized paper to professional looking organization.

It is our new face to the world. Bright, fresh and informative. All activities can be tracked and all users can see what each of us is doing. There is no hiding.

Pros

We have got an online payment for memberships which greatly reduces volunteer time. Our volunteers are spread across the country and when snail mail is forwarded it often takes too long. Now it's in the bank. We utilize the 'pages' for our website which is colourful and informative, and the 'events' is used to advertise related events around the country. Over the years documents which should be stored have been lost, either on members computers or in the bottom of their filing cabinets. Now any important company documents are kept in 'storage'

Cons

Not all the functions have been obvious. Have only just found out how to make people fill in all personal details, and how to get an annual actual financial statement (under Budget!) None of us are computer experts and it has to be very straightforward, (not like the actual financial statement under budget). Would like to see a better financial system. Fortunately, our Auditor has accepted the current one, for now.

Tyson from Para Hills Cricket Club

TidyHQ review

Amazing, has made my life as secretary so much easier. We have transferred over from our old website to the TidyHQ website and its so much easier to update whilst also looking far more modern an appealing.

Pros

We are entering into their second season using TidyHQ and we are confident to say it is the smarter way to run our meetings and the smarter way to run our administration. TidyHQ has allowed us to keep up to date with the current technology that is available, It has streamlined all of our administration and become a ‘one-stop shop’. This has allowed for a smooth and simple transition of incoming committee members by providing a platform that makes succession planning and handovers so much simple. We highly recommend this product and your club will immediately see the benefits of it.

Cons

Would like to be able to do an annual budget for items as opposed to a monthly budget. Hopefully this is possible. Is there a way around it? Eg just inputting the total budget into the last month?

William from Bicycle Club of Irvine

Helps manage rosters & registration well

Prompt customer service and guidance through the process of migrating in, and routine operation / maintenance is excellent.

Pros

Ease of importing existing data, addition of custom fields as needed, powerful search functions and data output.

Cons

Less computer savvy members don't like setting up access, logging in or paying on line. Some fields could be set to match US formats ( ie Dates, Dates without years, & phone numbers) and block duplication (to ensure no duplication or reuse of members number etc.) Price point does not support large past membership data - we have been around for 35+ years and past members who 'might' renew need to be scrubbed or their expired data record will count on our 'per contact' price. Pricing based on ACTIVE contacts would be more fair... could apply archived expired contacts against our generous storage capacity.

Response from TidyHQ

Replied September 2018

Hi William, Thanks for the review! We are always looking to make things easier for everyone regardless of geography. Really appreciate this feedback. The pricing was designed so that those paying can have unlimited contacts - we initially launched our pricing based on number of Contacts but was soon told that it didn't fit smaller organisations so we felt this was the best way to handle it :) We're always learning! Thanks again for the review! Cheers, Isaak

Gary from Northbucksbranch

Good but some areas could do with updating and improving

Pros

The software presentation is good, with a modern style. The recently overhauled areas are very good now in terms of functionality - for us the mains ones we use are meetings and events

Cons

There are a few things which I don't like about the software. Firstly the price. Our society has between 100 and 200 members, but the cost of TidyHQ has become prohibitive for us, so we can't use it in the way that we would like. Secondly there are some areas which have not been overhauled where the functionality is poor, and sometimes doesn't include good features which are available in other areas. For example groups, where there is no functionality to control who can email a group or where replies go to; session functionality is something I was waiting for but is unusable for me and should be rewritten to be more like events/meetings. Even the overhauled event functionality could be improved by allowing you to specify the time an invite is sent, which is something implemented in sessions but not events. For our accounts we have a couple of ring-fenced funds which we would want to keep separate in terms of transations etc, but TidyHQ won't let us do that so we can't use the accounting functionality.

Roger from Nomads Outdoors Group

Industry: Oil & Energy

Using TidyHQ for a small bushwalking club

WE can control membership without wasting the time manually making up members, and banking cheques. This is saving a lot of volunteer time. Also we have got a lot more members (20 %) since a person can sign up and pay online is a very short time. It is easier for event leaders since applicants can sign up for an event online, then the leader can use the email facility to contact them all easily. I also think that the modern look of the website attracts more members.

Pros

We have control over the site and dont need specialist programmers. It has most of the features we need to manage membership, setting up and advertising events, email facility, attending events, finances with direct payments to our bank account, meeting agendas, and reminders. The TidyHQ team have provided us with great support helping us to set it up for our requirements.

Cons

The software does have limitations. I understand that there are a lot of users that want different things and not every thing can be done. You can request some functionality to be added to the package, but it is unlikely that it will get implemented very quickly. So check that the software has enough of the functionality you need now, as it will take a long time to get it later.

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

The old webmaster was getting old, and we were concerned we would loose control of the site.

Heinrich from Køge Bueskyttelaug

Nice features. Handling memberships - and payment tracking - can be a handful though.

It handles most of the "specialties" we have concerning membership types. Still missing the right capabilities for handling the signing up for events. Don't mix Participants with Contacts.

Pros

Very friendly and attentive support. Support helps out if you get stuck with something. Listen to users input about features etc.

Cons

Still volunteer to do translation into Danish. CSV dump files not adjusted to international settings. Denmark uses "," as $ and cent separator. The "." used make it a hell for countries using "," Field separator character should be "selectable" for user, in CSV file dumps. Danish characters does not come out correctly in CSV dumps.

Natalie from PVFSC

Easy to use. Great customer service. Puts all the Club stuff in one website which is fantastic.

Ease of financing

Pros

Everything in one place and reports are easy to print up. Questions are answered promptly and they always are after feedback on how to improve

Cons

Have taken away finance report printout on last update. Cannot do report on one or two categories only. No annual finance report feature

Response from TidyHQ

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the review Natalie, yes we removed reports temporarily and plan to bring them back very quickly - there is a more advanced CSV export now that will provide this information in the meantime. We also have a comprehensive blog post outlining all of the changes made. https://blog.tidyhq.com/finances-updates-little-changes-big-impact-41d715e36212

Justin from CAMBA

TidyHQ is awesome!

Overall we've been extremely happy with TidyHQ and it has been a huge productivity boost for managing the memberships in our mountain biking association.

Pros

- price point - much better than other options we looked at with similar functionality - membership model - flexible and fits our membership model very nicely - meetings feature is pretty nice

Cons

- Lack of batch operations. This is crucial when importing contacts from another system or a spreadsheet. This was a very manual and painful process with TidyHQ. This was one thing I really liked about WildApricot. - Lack of a discount code! Found that other alternatives have this feature and it's a very nice feature. - Meetings feature doesn't seem to do well with large agendas.

Reasons for Choosing TidyHQ

Price for feature trade off.

Doug from Camberwell Central Bowls Club

A great package - every club administrators wishes come true

Pros

TidyHQ brings under the one "roof" the administration, management governance, communication and marketing for a club. Everything is centralised in one place, up to date and accessible to those who need information and data - when they need it - without having to travel to the club to access the information. One system - one website - great outcomes.

Annette from Spotswood Football Club

Tidyhq software

It acts as a membership database and does has some limitations to some features overall it works reasonably well

Pros

This database allows for an effective means of communicating. It is instant and allows you to preview the content before submitting to members.

Cons

The least function is the meeting tool it does not allow you to add the full content of the agenda.

Thanks

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

We have to download data to input into tidy hq otherwise we would then need to manually enter the members. This is not a viable option.

Terrific. Comprehensive software with a fast & friendly support team.

It streamlined everything administrative for us as an organization so that we can focus on more on our mandate and improving the organization. Our memberships have also increased exponentially since implementing the system.

Pros

Intuitive/Easy to Use Very robust, especially when it comes to memberships. All-in-one solution for an organization. Handles memberships, communication, and seamlessly integrates with MailChimp using a third-party plugin. No excel spreadsheets needed!

Cons

The finance area is fairly limited and the front-end web pages are very basic. Finances allow you to handle the basics, but it would be nice if you could assign 'tags' for certain things so that transactions can apply to multiple categories.

Julez from Cabarita Youth Service

Industry: Individual & Family Services

TidyHQ for a Not for profit

Becoming a secretary of CYS and finding no structured approach to record keeping , resources and information is many different locations this program has been a god send in getting our organisation in a more efficient and productive organisation.

Pros

It provides a small not for profit organisation run by volunteers with all the tools to run it in one product. It is user friendly and extensive training is not required

Cons

The help and FAQs are great but maybe consider an introductory video for less computer literate users through the how to's would be useful. We have some in our group who are a bit techno phobic and it would help the tech literate ones get them using the program

Melissa from Melissa Pritchard OBM

Keep it all in one place

Overall an excellent experience. Being able to prepare agenda with reports/documents attached, distribute quickly and easily, record the meeting Minutes, update as needed and distribute to members, create/allocate/follow progress on tasks and know it's all in one place to keep track/refer back, has been invaluable.

Pros

It's easy to navigate with clear menu headings, each page is laid out simply yet practical and most importantly there are a lot of help/guidance pages that are easy to follow. The TidyHQ team are very receptive to suggestions and recommendation and are prompt to respond to queries.

Cons

There are still a few functions that are limiting - such as not being able to attach a document to an agenda or meeting minutes from the file storage area - I understand this will be a future capability. Also, would be great to have meeting participants to have view only access to the minutes as the meeting progresses and integration with video conferencing programs.

Reasons for Choosing TidyHQ

TidyHQ has a great free version with option to upgrade as the organisation's needs grow. TidyHQ is able to manage and operate events, membership, finances and product sales.

Nick from AFL Gippsland

Easy to use, very up to date.

Pros

The use of the shop and events pages. This make it so much easier for all my contacts to have easy access to what is available within the groups/associations. The Stripe accounts is very simple and makes a transaction a breeze.. highly recommended. The ticketing system is also very straight forward and again makes life easy for our users.

Cons

No great access to financial reports and bank feeds. (Xero)I believe there was going to be a system link with Xero finance software which would have made my life a lot easier as all my groups use Xero for their finances, if I could have used Xero and TidyHQ in conjunction with each other I would have had a one stop shop for administration.

A very simple and easy to use system for managing our organisation's membership and communications

For us, it replaced a membership management and communications system running through an antiquated and quite frankly dying "mailman" installation. Being able to move from that unreliable and difficult-to-maintain system, to this far easier to use online system, has been a godsend.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use of the software is definitely its best feature. Importing our membership list was very straightforward, and sending communications and event or meeting invitations to our membership is easily done through the online interface. It can easily be used by people with minimal training.

Cons

My main "dislikes" for the software are more in the nature of missing features than issues with how it actually works. For example ,there is no (that I can identify) functionality allowing people to RSVP to meeting invitations without having their names then published to any further users who are sent the invitation after that RSVP (which is an issue for a large organisation, since the invitations are sent out over a period of time). Also, the "mailing list" functionality is largely unusable (it "resends" all emails from the mailing list address, which not only doesn't really appear right to recipients, but also had a side effect in our experience of creating an email storm from autoresponders). Neither of these issues are dealbreakers, but they did cause annoyance when first discovered.

Joseph (Craig) from Applecross Sub-Branch of RSLWA Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

How Tidy HQ helps not for profit organizations assist their members.

We have established instant communication with our membership. We keep accurate records of their individual details. We can devote more time to the members actual needs on a daily basis.

Pros

Firstly thanks to the team at Tidy HQ for allowing us to utilize their programms. This makes the running of an RSL Sub-Branch so much easier in communications with our members, up to date membership data, and record keeping. We are getting to know the enormity of what Tidy HQ can do to help us and with the brilliant support from their staff we continue to gain more knowledge.

Cons

Nothing it is a blessing for us to come in out of the dark ages

Recommended by a friend

Peter from Wodonga cricket club

Keeps everything in the one place for all users to be able to access

Accessibility via the cloud anytime anywhere, all records in one safe place

Pros

Accessibility anywhere any time and value for money, covers all needs from meetings ro memberships to an online shop

Cons

Managing finances in a similar manner to normal accountjng precticesa and ability to generate individual item or group category reports

Kym from Cairn's Mens Shed

has a lot of facilities that did't know was there

maintains a good data base of members and allows us to bulk email tem

Sue from Humanists Victoria

An excellent management system for community organisations!

TidyHQ has significantly helped to move a community based organisation into their first membership management system and away from using just Excel etc. Change management is always a challenge, but the user-friendly interface of TidyHQ makes it easier to encourage association members and Committee to get on board. While it's early days so not all features and functions are yet being used, the system has the capacity to meet even more needs in time.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer support in setting it up, features and functions ideal for a small community-based organisation.

Cons

Inability to search contacts by suburb or other specific fields - having to export from a report then use Excel to filter that way.

Reasons for Choosing TidyHQ

The assocation needed an inexpensive option, which reduced the field. Final decision was influenced by the fact that TidyHQ is an Australian product, thereby making support more readily available. The trial also underlined how easy it is to use.

Tara from Stirling Apache Tee-Ball Club

The majority of the TidyClub system is easy to use, and is easy to follow in the layout.

The ability to contact the entire club member base a the hit of a button!

Pros

How quick and easy you can find contacts and sending emails, particularly when needing to contact a group. As the Club Registrar I quite often have to contact one team and one team alone. It's great that I can add names to a group, label it, and email them all in one hit! Customer service has always been quick to reply whenever I need help or have a question that requires answering.

Cons

That there is no way to integrate the shop on the the membership sign up page. It's a shame that people have to add something to their cart, ie, a levy, and then go through the membership processes. If there was the ability to add the levy in on the membership sign up page, it would be far easier for members.

Powerful, yet simple to use

Pros

This is very easy to use software that can get your club memberships started in minutes.

Cons

The cost of using the platform is based on subscribers and not members, so be careful if you are offering a Free membership.

Annie from Bendigo Women's Football Club

Effective, proactive and easy

Pros

Memberships and history of members and ability to create groups. Events and ability to share link to website and facebook. The storage facility.

Cons

Lack if financial reports and inability to sort by our needs and wants. Lack of ablity to update store purchases if merchandise purchased directly through the committee. Inability to change status of member to inactive but rather delete Fees of paypal.

Harsimranjeet Singh from Newcastle University Diving and Exploration Society

It has been huge support to plan and execute events via this platform

Early preparation for event management, access to members conveniently.

Pros

Ability to control financial and event delivery to our users efficiently. The ease of planning and timing the future events well before they are released.

Cons

Response from TidyHQ

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review Harsimranjeet We have been making steps towards making the interface even cleaner while still functional - making complex things simple is a worthy but difficult goal :) Great to have you with us!

Marie Louise from All into Ocean Pools Inc

Easy management of contacts, memberships, meetings, events, task lists, budgets and finances

Hugely simplifies management of our association.

Pros

Consolidates all our Association's information, provides continuity when membership of our Executive Committee changes. Lovely integration between meeting records and task lists, reminders and weekly summaries. Automated reminders to members when their membership is due to expire. Provides a great audit trail. Excellent timely, helpful support. I would recommend TidyHQ to any club or association.

Cons

Can't seem to readily save drafts of emails (except by scheduling them to be sent at a far future date) or spell check emails within TidyHQ.

Janet from Rare Breeds Trust of Australia.

I use TidyHQ regularly and it is easy to use.

It is a website we can work on without having to know coding. It has a relatively good fresh look to landing page and events page.

Pros

Cons

Time consuming, convoluted, process to load photos and documents. No way to make appropriate files in email storage. Everything ends up in Archives and can never be found again. Can't make pages look attractive. Bo 'back' button for when one makes a serious error while updating pages.

TidyHQ is incredibly easy to use and offers everything we need in one affordable package

TidyHQ reduced the burden of administration for a committee run by volunteers and significantly contributed in avoiding the shut down of the organisation.

Pros

* Affordable for non-profit associations * Best of class all-in-one software for clubs and associations * Very easy to use

Cons

There are a few limitations with the shop that required us to use the API and also with the communications feature that required us to use Google groups.

Response from TidyHQ

Replied July 2019

Thanks very much for the kind review! We are making some upgrades to the Shop and website but glad the API gave you a workaround that was useful :)

Paul from Victorian 86 BRZ Club

Easy to use and setup the clubs page. Lots of good features.

Pros

The general Ease of use is a major pro. Great to have a free option which enables clubs to really give the platform a good go and make the decision to upgrade.

Cons

Transaction Fees are always a pain especially for a not for profit. Can understand the need for them for those using the free platform but would be nice to have less fees for those who sign up to a paid subscription.

Michael from Omega Leadership Academy

Great option for small non-profits

Pros

TidyHQ has been essential in helping me manage my fraternities mentorship program especially since my staff and resources are limited. The membership feature that ties directly into the contact management has been the biggest help. The public pages are also useful for consolidating program info all in one place as well.

Cons

I would prefer the public meeting page be displayed as a calendar rather than a list of events. Also would be great if emails could be sent to multiple emails per contact.

Terri from Language Teachers' Association of the NT

Connecting More Easily

We were only able to receive membership and workshop fees through direct deposit, which was deterring participants. Now, we can advertise our services through email, provide links, create beautiful landing pages for our events, collect online payments, collect data to personalise experiences (such as dietary requirements) and keep accurate financial and membership records. We are still working on user administration, but see ourselves moving into that space easily in the near future to streamline our more mundane administrative tasks. Overall, TidyHQ has met and exceeded all of our needs and expectations.

Pros

The setup for receiving online payments was super fast and making neat portals to advertise our workshops and process payments in the same place has meant a massive increase in participation. We have also been able to break down and delegate jobs according to clearly defined roles, taking the pressure off the central administrator. The end result is a more professional look to our organisation and much less hassle for our organisers at almost every level of what we do.

Cons

Sadly, as a very small teacher association that relies almost solely on grants for funding, the price to upgrade our membership has made it cost prohibitive for us. Still a great tool at the basic level.

Jonathan from Cycle Somerset

Clear website, intuitive, good support, 1month free trial, good webinars, designed for clear admin.

The TidyHQ website was easy to populate when our previous website host went out of business. It allowed our club to keep functioning with minimum of disruption

Pros

Easy to create events, good e-mail facilities, good for creating groups, able to duplicate events so dont have to re-enter info for each event. Easy to explain admin functions to club leaders

Cons

No calendar. No comments box for people signing up for events, Contacts vs members is cumbersome. Signing in for free events is unduly complicated. When creating an event the default is for creating another group - this leads to too many groups being formed. People attending events can't see if their friends are coming (suggest option for nick names of attendees to be added to an event), Expensive. Some difficulty forwarding our domain name due issue with 'frames' . Public page and pages should be integrated so that we can have tabs.

Judy from Rare Breeds Trust of Australia

Industry: Farming

Great programme for clubs

Help readily available, easy to use

Pros

Covers all aspects of record keeping, easy to manage memberships

Cons

No Online Manual, limited financial reports

Brooke from Whittlesea township motorcycle club

Membership secretary

Pros

How everything is on the one site from contacts to financial reporting to budgeting so eventually once we understand how everything works we will have one site to male our club a bit more professional

Cons

I dont like how it doesn't generate new members numbers And our members and myself find it hard to add an extra family member to their membership

Reasons for Switching to TidyHQ

We want to try and run everything from one site so everyone is on the same page

TidyHQ provides easy membership management for your orgnaisations

Easy membership management in an online system that is hassle and maintenance free

Pros

TidyHQ provides an easy one-stop shop to manage the membership and general association affairs for your organisation. Including features such as meeting agenda & minutes tracking, multiple membership levels, integrated membership payments

Cons

The service fees for membership and ticketing fees on top of stripe/paypal can add a hit to your bottom line, however it is not necessary to use these features and you can opt to do other direct payments instead.

Great program for my small non-profit organization

Pros

I like the ability to assign task and role responsibilities to members of my organization. The templates that are provided are an excellent fit.

Cons

I just recently experienced at flaw with the task feature. All of my completed task somehow where moved back into the assigned task que, which set us back in terms of production.

Neil from Go2Africa

Intuitive tool, comprehensive feature set

Pros

Subscription management, debtors management and financial reporting all work well for our needs.

Cons

Management of complex membership is not as slick, especially when it comes time for annual renewals. Our other challenge which the tool doesn't handle that gracefully is that our members are children but the accounts go their parents who are not members.

Response from TidyHQ

Replied July 2019

Thanks for a great review Neil. Agree that complex family memberships are hard... but something we're constantly improving. We recently rolled out further enhancements to allow parent to 'manage' their children's or partners memberships more gracefully and have more to roll out over the next 6 months. Appreciate your feedback as it helped with these improvements

Maria from Marilla Community Centre

Overall a very good hosting website.

It saves time.

Pros

All in one place, can create a meeting and an event all in one place. Wish I could sort out expired members using name search.

Cons

You can only invite members to your meetings or groups. I would like to invite people not part of a group or not a member without having to create an account for them.

Emma from North Perth Community Garden

Facilitates accurate records, huge time saver, makes retention and passing on our knowledge easy

Pros

As everything is within the one package it all connects and talks to each other. Other authorised users can see the same information, so facilitates delegation of duties and everybody is looking at the same version of information. It is so easy to use.

Cons

The restrictions of a free user (I understand why) - the total number of contacts in particular. Minor issues like having the budget totals only add up horizontally it would be good vertically as well