All Zoho Invoice Reviews

Barbara

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed October 2023

You'll be Sorry for Not Trying It!

Skyler

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Zoho Invoice is the perfect invoicing solution for freelancers

My experience with Zoho Invoice has been great. I used to use Wave to invoice clients for years. But then they changed to only be available for US and Canadian customers. After that I then tried a number of other invoicing software and settled on Zoho Invoice. For freelancers and small businesses it is the perfect option, and completely free! It makes it quick and easy to add new customers, invoice them, and also keep track of outstanding payments.

PROS

I love that Zoho Invoice software is free to use, and also integrates Stripe to allow me to take credit and debit card payments. As a freelancer, I work with a small number of clients, and only send a few invoices per month, so paying for other freelancing software doesn't seem like good value. I like that the invoice can be customized to suit my branding, as well as adding custom fields such as an ABN. It is also minimalist and looks professional. Another great thing is that there are also no restrictions on the number of clients I can add, which is perfect because I do a lot of one off projects.

CONS

I don't like the way that the card payments via Stripe appear on the invoice. It is just a small icon of a card under the 'Payment Options' section, but it doesn't seem as clear or trustworthy as other invoicing software. I manually added text about clicking the icon to make a payment by debit or credit card via Stripe. However, I noticed that the number of clients who do so is significantly less than when I used to accept card payments via Wave. It can also be confusing to find certain menu items when configuring invoices - especially related to custom fields.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice has all of the features that I need and is totally free. It also doesn't have any limitations on the number of clients I can invoice.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

I only send a few invoices per month, and the Freshbooks Lite plan only has up to 5 billable clients. Because I do a lot of one off projects, I found myself having to delete previous clients to still be able to charge new ones. The next plan was double the price, and went from 5 to 50 billable clients - a significant difference.

Matthew

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Great invoicing tool for small businesses

Overall good customer service and good product. We tried different ways to implement the recurring feature that most of our clients would use. We wanted to auto deduct recurring invoices and it didn't have that feature, otherwise, we probably would have stayed with it. We did use Zoho subscriptions for that.

PROS

It was quick to get up and running. The software is fairly easy to navigate and provides professional looking invoices that are downloadable by my customers. My favorite feature is the reminder feature, once you send out an invoice the software can send out automated reminders for the client to pay in case they don't see it in their email the first time or get busy and forget (cause an email will be forgotten eventually, as good intentioned as we all are). Definitely good for people starting out and small businesses that don't have a lot of clients. The price point is low for starting out, usually a lot less than other software I've seen and used. And if you use Zoho CRM, in can integrate with that.

CONS

For me personally, I was using the software for invoicing website development customers, and once you get done, apart from web hosting, you are done. And over the past few years, I hit my max level and I don't feel like its much of a benefit to have past customers count towards my limit. Some of which are small jobs. I think it would be better if you have the same customers you invoice regularly.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Better options than paypal with less setup.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

We were switching CRM systems and cutting back on things we were not using.

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the review! We are happy to know the automatic reminders and the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM were of help to you. Regarding recurring transactions, it's good to hear that Zoho Subscriptions caters to your needs but since Zoho Invoice itself has recurring invoices and the ability to auto-charge your customers, we would like to know a little more on it. You can reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com so that we can understand your requirements better. Regards, Harikrishna

Replied November 2019

Raziela

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

ZOHO is not for free even though say it is

Overall I do enjoy using Zoho because I am a small business and I need some help with my invoicing and accounting. Last year Zoho told me that they are going to offer their services for free and I still see that on the website but I was debited by Zoho on the 14h of January????

PROS

Zoho really helps me make my invoices look professional and it is user friendly.

CONS

I am unable to link my bank account to zoho invoice because I am based in South Africa. The exchange rate is horrible so the amount I need to pay per transaction for the app that is suggested to connect my bank is too expensive. I can't afford the dollar to South African Rand exchange rate per transaction. SO That means I need to recon everything manually. Also if a student were to pay and use a different reference would Zoho be able to pick that up?

Marion

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Wish it had more features

PROS

It was fantastic for the price. You have a full suite of features for a fraction of what something like Freshbooks or Quickbooks cost. While it had significant limitations, the features are far and above what you would expect for the monthly fee

CONS

My review my be a little outdated as I have switched over to Quickbooks paired with an industry specific invoicing system. The main issue I had was that it was missing a strong estimation software that they had implemented in their CRM module. That baffled me as the CRM had a more customizable and robust system than their actual invoicing system did. What's more, it didn't translate over as cleanly as I would have wanted. This might have been fixed by now but the disparity between their different modules can be problematic.

JD

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Invoicing Construction Guys Can Do

I like the ease of using it. I like all Zoho products. I used to use Quickbooks and Google products and figured they'd be easy for me to use, but they were expensive and I needed an assistant to use them. I am just a small business owner doing construction work and Zoho makes it easy for me to get my invoices out and get paid.

PROS

My assistant set up my Zoho invoice for me and even though I am a construction worker, working on site, it is still easy enough for me to use and I can send the invoices out myself without having to pay my assistant.

CONS

I like everything about it, there's not one thing I would change. It's easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Zoho is so easy to use, I didn't need weeks to figure it out.

Alexander

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent billing tool for small businesses.

PROS

Zoho invoice has client friendly templates which are understandable to anyone. You can design it according to your preference. It is also financially friendly for small businesses as it is free and excellent as an archive tool for your invoices.

CONS

As I have been using it for 3 months I am expecting to find out if I can create an unlimited number of customers. It is not clear in the products description regarding this feature. Moreover there are more Zoho websites in which I originally signed up but it did not include the product I needed. After only some research I found Zoho invoices..

Ricardo

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The standard in invoicing for my clients

PROS

I liked how many clients and business collegues already had zoho set up. It is well known and trusted with them.

CONS

Great for small business but might lack features for bigger operations

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Zoho is the best

I like the fact that I can populate all my customers and can always refer back to them. I have a history of all my transactions. All my expenses and sales are recorded and that can be used for tax purposes.

PROS

It makes my business to look very professional

CONS

I haven't used other features so I can't tell anything. But I like what I'm using.

Wencesl

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Zoho Invoice: Best invoicing software

PROS

Easy and simple to use, customer friendly interface, value for money. Very good features for a small business.

CONS

A very small complaint: not being able to customise the size of the signature on invoices,

Timothy

Internet, 1 employee

Best Invoicing Software Out There

PROS

ease of use free automation inexpensive Fast

CONS

I couldn't find any negatives about the software

Jean-Ann

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use even if your a novice

PROS

The mobile access. I find that not all parts of the program are available on the mobile version I can’t edit the thank you cards and make changes to the items list I can only add item so I have had to delete the item and reads if I make an error.

CONS

The fact that not all applications are available in the mobile version

Sue

Investment Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Funtional product

PROS

needed an inexpensive invoicing option to generate small quantity of monthly invoices.

CONS

the MFA was very complicated and didn't seem to work. had to have it re-set

Domenico

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

That's my choice for invoice software

The software is awesome. No complains. I really like the UI and the templating system is the best I've used. I've tried many similar software but none had all those options that lets you customise in depth your invoice layout, fields and overall appearance. Try it out.. the base plan is free!

PROS

I tried many invoicing systems but none had the ease and depth needed to customise and translate all the fields needed to be compliant to my country tax and formal rules. The templating system is awesome, the way u can set automatic invoicing will save you a lot of time. This is just the best invoice software I've used and I'm still sticking with it.

CONS

The only drawback is that you can't delete customers if you have an invoice regarding them. This can limit your free trial or your free plan. If you always work with the same customers it's fine.. if you always have new and many customers this is something to think about first.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

I choose Zoho because I could customise the invoice template and fields to be easy to use and compliant to my country laws. All the other solutions were not customisable enough to meet the Italian tax regulations standards but might work well in other coutries.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Whmcs takes too much effort for a little company

Sara

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Excellent billing tool with good price and support

The fact that all the greatest and most helpful products can be found in a single location is the standout feature of the Zoho offering. It helps us save both time and money while also making our job easier and more pleasant.

PROS

This application makes it possible to collaborate on projects without the risk of confidential data being compromised, which makes it the ideal tool for my company's small business. This is a service that earns five stars from me.

CONS

It is a significant drawback and adds a lot of extra work for me to have to pay for each person after I have already signed up. I constantly get stopped while paying, and the procedure is a little bit sluggish. It has a sensation of danger.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

I can't remember how long I've been using Zoho Invoice, but it's been at least six years. It has shown out to be an excellent option all throughout this period. The service is reliable, completely safe, and offers an excellent cost-to-benefit ratio. In addition to that, assistance is available around the clock and is quite quick to respond!

Eric

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Excellent Invoicing and Expense Tracking Tool

Excellent experience. For invoicing and expense tracking, this is a great product.

PROS

Hands down, the feature I liked best about Zoho Invoice was its ease of use. I place a lot of emphasis on this aspect of software. If software is difficult to learn, or it is not pleasing to use, then why bother. With Zoho Invoice, I was up and running in less than an hour. Like all of Zoho's software, the user interface is pleasant and makes sense. The product is also stable. No glitches, hiccups, or bugs.

CONS

Not so much a "dislike" as I simply needed software that did more than just invoicing and expense tracking, which is what Zoho Invoice does really well.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

I have used other Zoho products throughout the years, and they are universally solid, well-designed, and expertly programmed. I conducted some research based on cost and ease of use, including researching Capterra, and Zoho Invoice kept coming up as a wise choice.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

I switched to Zoho Invoice when I discontinued a subscription to PracticePanther case management software. PracticePanther had a built-in invoicing feature. When I switched from it, I switched to case management software that did not have a robust invoicing feature.

Hi Eric, Thank you so much for leaving us a terrific review! We are humbled :) Ease of use has always been at the heart of everything we do at Zoho Invoice, and we're glad to know you like it! Feel free to share your feedback to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com anytime. Cheers, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied October 2020

Stuart

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Invoicing through Zoho

Very easy to use a good product, looks very professional once set up.

PROS

Very easy to use and set up customised templates, that look very professional. Easy to track and follow invoice payments, and easy to duplicate invoices.

CONS

Not so easy to add payments that require tax held back, such as in Asia. Once you get used to it it is possible but takes time to learn.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Looked a better platform and like the CRM system that integrates.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Looks much more professional and templates are much better, lots more functionality.

Abhishek

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Most User Friendly and Cost effective Billing Software

This is truly the best online billing tool available for SMEs and Startups. I have scaled from a few invoices per month to hundreds of invoices. Also, we keep getting constant updates from the Zoho team. The recent theme update is simply awesome. I can use my brand color for my invoice tool.

PROS

I personally love the template feature for invoices. Being an enterprise software we have several demands of getting Invoices in a specific formats. It is easy to have multiple formats for multiple customers. The Approval mechanism ensures we are sending correct invoices.

CONS

Billing for Projects is only on per hourly basis. It would be better if it supports per month, per day conventions also.

Reason for choosing Zoho Invoice

Ease to use and fits all my requirements at a minimal cost.

Susan