(1,499)

1,499

Browse LastPass Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 2039 results

Brian from Western Governors University

Secure your online presence with LastPass

What is LastPass? The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

Pros

Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

Cons

For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

All of these have similar offerings, but LastPass extensions are available more widely and are usually the first ones to get offered on new browsers/platforms.

Price

Michelle from Pro2col

Easy to create, store and manage all your passwords in one place

Great - Improved my teams ability to share passwords securely and personally it has enabled me to have much stronger passwords for everything - personal and business. I just wish I could convince my Mum to use it!

Pros

The browser extension and mobile app just make Lastpass so easy to use. I love that I will never have to think of another strong password as long as I have access to Lastpass as the generator is great for this. Knowing my personal vault is completely secure, but that I can also add any password in to a shared folder to enable collaboration across a team is great. And there is no better feeling than only having to log in to one application and know that wherever I browse to if I have an account the credentials simply populate from Lastpass automatically.

Cons

I find provisioning users a little labour intensive - but that might be because I haven't ever looked to see if there is an easier way. And if you have a login page which asks for more than 2 credentials e.g. account name, user name and password... but as long as you put the account name in the secure notes of the password entry on last pass it's still easy to find.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Features/functionality, price and recommendations from business colleagues

It once was a great Password Manager

We've all been there: You've been using the same password for months, only to realize that it was breached in a recent data breach and is no longer secure. Now you have to change your password on several accounts. Most password managers can't help here, since it won't know what all those new passwords are supposed to be. There was a nice feature in Lastpass that helped you change multiple passwords. That was probably their strongest feature, besides the core password management features

Pros

A password manager helps you manage all your passwords. Each password is unique and is protected with a master password only you know. That means you can use unique, strong passwords for every account without having to remember them. This is extremely important for accounts with sensitive information like your email or banking account. Lastpass has done a great job up until recently.

Cons

I loved using LastPass, and had been using it for over a year. After they changed their pricing model to pay for a subscription I decided to see if there were any other great password managers out there. I'm not against paying for services, but I don't like how they pulled the rug out of everyone who relied on the free version, where they get so used to the software as apart of their daily life, that it forces many to just pay the fee (many of whom would likely have never signed up in the first place if it were not free). So to me, it feels like a bait and switch, where they had this planned all along. So it's the principle for me. The smarter way (to strengthen, and not harm their brand), would have been to all along offer a freemium version and offer other extra features that a small percentage of all users are willing to pay for. Essentially they trapped people into using the free version, and are forcing people to pay to now use on multiple devices. It feels shady and left a bad taste in my mouth towards their software and brand. I've decided to look more into Mozillas free password manager. There are also those from the likes of Google's and Apple's built in password managers. After testing other products, I believe google or mozilla are the way to go, since apples is too proprietary (*they are a closed ecosystem - you can't as easily use cross platform and on other browsers)

Jake from Media Training Worldwide

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

Pros

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

Cons

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

I considered Bitwarden as a free alternative, but sometimes open-source solutions can be harder to tailor for use with teams. Lastpass clearly came out as superior with its long array of team-sharing features.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Bitwarden was a free solution. While it has high-level encryption, It didn't have the ease of use or the team features that LastPass has.

Alhassan from DRIAN Ghana

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

At the time, Lastpass seemed like the more secure option. And it came recommended by our systems administrator

Best Password/Data Keeper for the money

Very positive, makes my personal and work life much simpler. Especially on my Iphone which I work from daily.

Pros

Used the free version for YEARS. Just went Pro and immediately thought why did I wait so long. I use it on my Iphone, Ipad and tablet. Oh and Yeah I love the chrome extension

Cons

The only real con is I waited to buy the pro version but that's on me not them. I should have done it much sooner but they made it easy to stay on the free plan.

Familiarity and longevity

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Roboform was clunky back then, and didn't seem safe. Then there was a breech and I got out of there.

LastPass good product but let down by support

Overall my experience with the product itself was good. It has been very reliable over many years and contains most of the functionality you need. There are some features they have been slow to implement though and competitors have certainly taken the lead now though.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been my go too for many years. It's fast, responsive and reliable. The integration of a personal account into your business account is superb, you can easily segregate your work and personal password management and if you move on from a company carry on using the personal account.

Cons

One area they could improve is the password creation capabilities. The ability to create passphrases would be beneficial. The area where they really let themselves down though is on support. The time to receive a response was poor and the response itself was inaccurate.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

I switched to LastPAss from KeePass for mobile capabilities and sync.

Jason from Oak Radius, LLC

Better than a spreadsheet or a sticky note

Overall, my experience has been stellar. Much better than the competition. Easy to use and easy to share passwords with team members and family.

Pros

Web based and no need to download a file to import to access my passwords. The mobile app integrates directly with almost every app I have and I can login using my LastPass stored credentials.

Cons

I wish there was a field for tags. There is a "Folders" feature but I would love the ability to tag my passwords and easily sort them.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

I needed the ability to share passwords with team members and family. 1 Password did not offer this as a feature at the time I switched, a few years ago.

Cameron from Faith Journey Church of the Nazarene

Decent Password Manager for Business Use

Overall, we have had a good experience, it does exactly what we need it to do.

Pros

LastPass was easy to setup and share passwords with varies types of users. Some users had read/write access and some had access to only be able to login using the password.

Cons

The interface was not the friendliest, a lot of the admin features are a little buried in the website. It seemed like Teams and Enterprise accounts were an after thought and quickly thrown together. It could be polished and presented a lot better.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

It had the best feature set and the security review.

Daniel from ByteNoize Digital Marketing

LastPass - Save Hours of Lost Time

It saves me time and energy trying to recover passwords across various devices I use.

Pros

LastPass was a feature I started to use when I was going back and forth between computers. Sometimes passwords would be saved, sometimes they wouldn't be, and it was difficult to recover them. You're ready to go in under 5 minutes when using this.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to the software. It did everything I was looking for it to do, and it still works wonderfully for my needs.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

It was recommended by a colleague whom I respect.

Kenny from Fleksio

Reliable password management. LastPass is on top of things.

I have a very positive experience. Using the tool for the first time was very intuitive, I didn't need any tutorials or help pages. I also never ran into technical issues and the LastPass team informs you of important changes and news from the 'online security' world. Very good customer service, I love how professional and customer-centered LastPass is.

Pros

What I like most about LastPass is how easy it is to quickly create secure passwords and manage them with a few clicks. The auto-saving of passwords is a nice feature as well, saving you a lot of time. I know LastPass uses the highest password encryption and security standards, that's why I rely on this tool. I've had too many issues in the past because I used bad passwords. With LastPass I know I'm using the right kind of passwords and I don't even need to remember them.

Cons

LastPass allows you to access the tool on one device as a free member. Since I use desktop more than mobile, I activated in on desktop. It would however be nice to be able to use LastPass (as free user) on both without having to choose. I understand it's part of the 'upgrade to get more' business model, but I'd love to see this.

Jeremy from MyToolBoxx

My LastPass Password Keeper

Overall, between Logmeonce, nordpass, 1password, Password boss, and many more different programs you can use to protect your online credentials, i woul dhave to say LAstPass is in the top 5% range. It is very affordable, easily managed, easily accessible, and can be used on every device as one account.

Pros

I have had multiple different password keeper accounts in the past, none that amount to the complexity of LastPass. It can be downloaded onto your phone & onto your laptop so that when you switch from one to the other, it has all the passwords remembered right there for you. No more typing in your username and password every single day on every single account you want to access, it is all automated and done for you@!

Cons

I dont think there was anything i didnt like about it. I still use it to this day and i dont plan on veering away. There is even a free account that still allows you to connect all of your accounts, without any limitation.

Quentin from Goin Solutions

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

In cloud.

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

Pros

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

Cons

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

See review above

Goran from Zagreb iTV

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The absolute best in password security

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

Cons

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

LastPass premium price is very affordable and it looks and feels much better than the competition. I must admit, the price was the main reason.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Dashlane is very expensive and LastPass offered a free version (that I later upgraded rather recently when they switched their free account policy).

Rick from Sandoval Agency

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

Pros

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

Cons

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

The price was the biggest deciding factor

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

LastPass was free and offered so much functionality.

Kyle from oVertone Haircare

Industry: Cosmetics

I wish it was better, but it does what's needed

LastPass has definitely helped our overall security posture, but it has so many design flaws that it is frustrating. I can't say I love the product, and it's pace of development is terrible, but it does do what we need it to - mostly. I wish they improved the administration panel and removed the poor design choices of having separate management areas.

Pros

We have a large distributed team and needed a product to improve security and allow for shared logins. LastPass does fill this need, and for the users that fully engage with the product it's invaluable. It's browser-based plugin its fairly simple to use and it doesn't require an installed application like 1Password does.

Cons

The product design is dated and different parts of the admin console are separated in a seemingly non-sensical way. Want to manage users? Go to the Admin Console. Want to manage Shared Folders? Oh, that's under your personal dashboard. We've had the product for over 2 years and while I imagine they have a substantial development team, product updates are slow or non-existent. I fear that since Logmein bought the company it has become a large bureaucracy and it shows in the product. Lastly, getting user adoption is difficult, and not much has changed on that front.

Jeff from HappyMeter

LastPass -a Secure Password Manager for Team Collaboration

Very positive as we need an easy to access, but secure, way to share passwords & credentials among work teams and clients. Our 50+ employee agency has used LastPass for 2+ years and we have never wavered on it's value.

Pros

We have a team of 50+ at our agency and LastPass is our go-to password/credential manager. It's super simple to set up, share access and manage passwords across teams and even clients. And LastPass takes security very very seriously with 2FA and authentication a key priority. We have to be ultra-sensitive to security as an agency as we handle so many credentials for client's websites, FTP and marketing tools.

Cons

The UI is good but not great. I find myself wanting to create a folder but the iconography is a bit confusing so I'll create a record. Easy to go back and do it right but I find myself making the same mistakes. The folder hierarchy could also be a bit better organized but it's not too bad. They are improving and updating all the time.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

LastPass simply seemed like it had it all: security, UI, organization, sharing options. The others seemed very similar but we were more comfortable with LastPass's reputation and staying ability.

Kevin from Merit

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

Pros

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

Cons

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Best value and features, with the cross-platform integration for users accessing their passwords a gigantic selling point.

Michael from Frog Stone Media

Seamless and and organizational life saver

I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

Pros

My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

I wanted someone else to manage cloud storage.

Needed additional features

I never think about passwords with LastPass

We use LastPass daily. To work with teams I don't know how we'd manage without it. We'd probably live and die by the "Forgot Password" option. It's quick to setup passwords and to manage them after the fact. At least a few times a month I hear someone complain about password management. I can't recall the last time this has been a problem for our team.

Pros

- The ability to manage a team with shared passwords - Allow access to passwords without the ability to see them - Create shared folders for specific teams - The password generator - The Authenticator app which auto logs you in without entering a code

Cons

- The mobile version at times doesn't work seamlessly with apps requiring multiple login attempts

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

It had better user management.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

1Password didn't have the team admin functionality at the time.

Amazing Tool for Security

I love my experience with LastPass. I use it personally and for my small business and it saves me a lot of time and headaches when it comes to passwords. I also feel way more secure in my online vulnerability since using this and creating more secure passwords.

Pros

I use lastpass to keep track of all my passwords for various sites. I cannot stand the process of having a password reset when I'm in the middle of a task. It gets really frustrating to waste time, and LastPass saves me all that time on a consistent basis. I also like that I am able to share passwords with my husband and we have access to passwords for services we share. I never have to call him to get a password anymore, which is really helpful to both of us. The other service I really like about LastPass is that it has a browser add-on that allows me to generate a password when I sign up for an account on an website. I love that I am able do this, as it prevents me from using the same password over and over and I don't actually have to remember the password as I can access it from my phone, tablet or computer to login with one click. I also love that LastPass is seamless throughout all devices. I can use it on my phone, tablet or computer and it is updated constantly. I also love that it can save different login information separately if you have two different user accounts on one website.

Cons

It can get a little confusing when trying to share a password with another user. My husband and I share passwords and logins for our utilities and shared accounts, so we share our password information with each other for ease of use. In LastPass you have the option to share the login information or the password, and it can be unclear which is which. We've had a few occasions where we thought we shared the password with each other and we actually had not given full permission.

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

Pros

LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service. Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me. From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store. Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

Cons

The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure. My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Must-Have

Pros

The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Cons

Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about. Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions. I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up. Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match. Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal. This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Feature rich software, allows you to secure your enterprise passwords.

It helps me to be GDPR compliant by creating a secure environment for our passwords.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is very suitable to enable your users to store logins and other information securely. You can sync with Active Directory and other sources, allow access to shared folders based on group membership and enforce various policies. This is all very flexible. The reporting functionality allows you to monitor product usage and the 'security score' of your employees. If an account is known to be leaked to the web, your users can be notified about this thanks to the integration with HIBP. Accounts can be secured with 2-factor authentication either using a push message to an Android/IOS app, or with Yubikey, Sesame, Google Authenticator or other options. This can also be enforced for specific users. You can link your enterprise account with a personal account for easy access to your private passwords. Read the deployment guide and you will be impressed.

Cons

Even after more than five years of enterprise deployment, I have a hard time getting my users loving LastPass. The interface is not consistent across browsers. Enabling the binary component (used for uploading attachments to your vault and for synchronizing the login status between browsers) is a hassle. Some preferences are saved in the extension, but not in your account preferences, like logout when idle, Other settings are done via the Vault. The mobile apps are not bug free, sometimes the autofill pop-up comes up on Android, sometimes it doesn't. On MacOS, the binary plugins sometimes hang. When reporting these issues to Support, it usually takes a long time to get them fixed. If they send them to Development, there is little or no feedback on the progress. So there is still a lot of room for improvement. The price doubled last year, which does not yet pay off although the competition is often more expensive and then I don't know where LastPass shines and they don't.

Brad from Droplii

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so much more

It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to. It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users. It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords. It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Pros

First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden. One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us. It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa. I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Cons

I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times. Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

Madhu

Industry: Graphic Design

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Pros

Lastpass has 10 key pros: 1) Password generation and auto filling LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them. 2) Form fill You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you. You can even set up profiles for obscure details. You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers. 3) Automatic password changing For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password. This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure. 4) Alerts when a website has been hacked If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them. 5) Hardware authentication Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone. That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure. 6) Password sharing You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website. 7) Excellent interface The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t. 8) Multi-platform Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver. 9) Password audit Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords) 10) It’s free Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Cons

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

Pros

Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

Cons

There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Cheaper, easier, password sharing

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Mobile worked better and it was easier to share in the company

Eugenie from Eugenie Robitaille

Industry: Graphic Design

A very good and easy password manager storing system online

Reasonably good pricing plans for business, single users or families. Features i love are the NOTES, the notes are really important for me since I use them a lot for any type of passwords that are not used with your computer, example: your alarm system or your school locks or anything else.

Pros

I use LastPass Business everywhere, on my desktop, my phone and all my browsers. It is very easy to use and very practical. The Strong password suggestions is very useful.

Cons

Sharing issues I’ve had some issues with the Family sharing in the past where a family member shared a few passwords, I accidently deleted all his shared passwords in my family sharing center and that person that had shared the password just lost all his original shared passwords (from his lastpass account. I have not had this issue with the Business, but I will make test just to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hard to get prices with the business plans.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

A lot more friends and family were using Lastpass.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

A lot more of my friends were using Lastpass so i had to make the change.

Keith from Calvary Chapel

We were looking for a solution to how to best store all our different passwords. Whether it is user accounts or website logins, we needed a secure, easy way to share program for the entire IT team. LastPass allows all of this and with the added benefit of great reports.

Pros

The ability to get a quick report on all the activity and status of each user is awesome! I know how often the IT staff is using last pass and if everything is secure.

Cons

When you want to retrieve passwords for things NOT tied to a specific website, it can take more clicks and time than one would want.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

LastPass was easier to retrieve passwords and the mobile app is awesome.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

We needed a more secure solution that allowed for multifactor authentication.

Trent from Greater Lafayette Commerce

Industry: Government Relations

Last Pass for Business

Our overall experience has been outstanding and we have not seen any other product out there that can even compete. Especially with the customer service.

Pros

The ability to easily integrate new equipment into our office space and be able to sync passwords throughout which allows for faster and more efficient on boarding of an employee from an old device to a new device. The ability to manage and constantly update passwords is also great for our business to try to stay as secure as we can.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the customization. The ability to customize more of the the organization of password process would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Lasspass best fit the particular needs of our business.

Carla from Emphasis Technologies Inc

Great Password Manager

I have been using this software for several year. It manages my passwords and it will also manage credit card information, bank account information and other types of information you want to keep secure but at your finger tips.

Pros

Ease of use and user interface.

Cons

Exporting of saved password

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

I just liked the way it worked .

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Just wanted a more user friendly information/password manager.

Great password manager!

It was so good that I also started to use a second LastPass account for personal use!

Pros

With all the tools I use at work or personally, and with all the different policies that every website/tool has, it can be a real challenge to have complex passwords. This is not an issue anymore as LastPass keeps your passwords for you so you have to memorise only one (the main one). Not having to memorise any password also give you the possibility to use incredibly complex passwords you would never be able to remember. You can also had more security with 2-step verification (this is actually very recommended considering it holds all your passwords).

Cons

There has been a few time when I was told to update my password extremely frequently (like several times within a week) while our company policy was not having such requirements. It seems I was not the only to face this issue in the company. In another case, having several email accounts, the password of one of my account was updated with the password of another account. There was a popup though asking for confirmation but without thinking too much (and also believing it was a popup to add a new account, not to update one), I clicked OK too fast. Maybe having some different popup style for new accounts and updated accounts could avoid such issues. More generally, as for any password manager, not remembering the main password could be an issue. Also, if anyone was able to hack LastPass, they would have access to many more passwords.

The Epitome of Convenience

I'm quite satisfied with LastPass Enterprise and I recommend it to anyone I know. It's something I personally cannot live without, and I use it daily.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is a very useful service that allows users to enter all of their passwords for any account they own on any website on the web. The service is extremely secure, and also has a free version which is very suitable and well equipped for personal use. This product has essentially changed the way I work on the web. I never have any issues when it comes to remembering passwords and accounts. I can also access this information from anywhere I want, including my smartphone with the LastPass app. The service also automatically updates and secures any changes made to your passwords, and can randomly generate effective passwords if needed. It also gives you tips on how to make good passwords, when it's time to change passwords, or if there too many duplicate passwords for multiple accounts (security tips). Overall, the service is extremely vital for modern technology, where we can potentially have hundreds of accounts with different passwords. There's simply no convenient way to store these all and update them in realtime. Lastpass serves to keep this security and does it perfectly without issue.

Cons

If there are any cons at all it will be that the service is quite expensive and has problems living up to the competition which offers more at the same or cheaper cost.

A near-perfect password manager

I've used Lastpass for 3+ years and it has been a huge help in ensuring my security, and the integrity of my many accounts, are preserved. LastPass is an excellent tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

- The cost has risen since I originally started using it, but it is still very competitive. Great price. - The mobile app is near flawless at being able to input login credentials into any website and app. On the rare occasion when it doesn't work, I can easily log into the mobile app with my fingerprint and copy the needed password. - The ability to not only store secure password, but also secure "notes" is very useful. Especially for writing down keys or answers to security questions. - The chrome browser app is excellent. - LastPass has a security audit feature which checks all your passwords to tell you which should be changed (based on duplicity, simplicity, recent security breaches, etc.). Very helpful!

Cons

- The web app is dated. It has received an update recently but, overall, the web app is still clunky. Luckily, I hardly have to open the web app because everything can be handled from the chrome and mobile apps. - The chrome app, as great as it is, tends to stop working from time to time (once every 2 months or so). So, over the course of the 3+ years I've used the tool, I've had to uninstall/reinstall at least 10 times. - The auto-change password feature has never worked for me. It's touted as being a great feature, but until it works, it is useless.

Rob from Broadsign

One of the unsung heroes of my app list

As someone who uses a ton of web apps for my work, as well as logs in to dozens of websites for media consumption, shopping, and all the rest of online life, LastPass is critical to helping me stay safe and sane at the same time. I know maybe two of the passwords LastPass has saved for me, with LastPass remembering the rest. My accounts are much safer for using this app, and my life is also easier. There's no downside here.

Pros

From a security standpoint, LastPass changed the game for me. Where once I was the kind of person who alternated between a couple variations on the same password for everything, now every new signup I complete has a secure password that I'll never remember and will never need to remember. LastPass remembers for me. The sharing features are great, making it a cinch to get whatever passwords I need to whichever users need to use them, and the whole process is just so easy. LastPass autofills my passwords in the browser and on my mobile device. I just about never need to think about passwords or logins anymore. I suspect the time savings this offers, while modest on a per instance basis, add up to something significant over time.

Cons

LastPass is just a little inconsistent and finicky. Sometimes the sharing feature doesn't work very well, so you'll need to wait a while before the other party can log in. Sometimes the autocomplete feature won't work because the Chrome extension is trying to display some sort of message. Minor annoyances only, but annoyances all the same.

Nick from Caterpillar

Industry: Machinery

Game changing tool.

Seriously, a game changer for our team. Allows users to have access to their own passwords vaults on both their PCs, Macs, mobile devices. But then we also have shared accounts that we manage as a team. It's nice to be able to share and manage those accounts, so when a user leaves the company, they're not taking credentials for these accounts with them. It's been a great tool for us.

Pros

LastPass makes keeping track of passwords possible, even for a team using shared accounts. For the most part, it handles creating / managing sites completely on its own. Easy to share / export lists or vaults. Makes it possible to manage access to passwords when a team member leaves the company, etc. Has been a great tool for us.

Cons

It can be a little cumbersome to setup the first time, but it's not because of the tool, just because of the amount of information that needs to be entered.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

We switched from KeePass due to simpler cross platform implementation (we had many PCs, a few Macs, and iOS / Android devices to support).

Shannon from Self-Employed

The Perfect Program

Overall, I don't know where I would be at with my business without LastPass. I've used it for years and it has made everything seamless between my clients, my business, and my employees. Saves me more time than I can describe.

Pros

There are so many amazing features that it's hard to list them all. I love that LastPass automatically stores your password in the correct category so it's easier to find when you need it. The fact that it automatically pops up when you login using a password that's not saved, so you can hit one button and store the password is very helpful. It's also amazing that you can share passwords with someone so easily and they can share with you. The fact that the free version is so useful, really urges people to want to support the company. It doesn't feel like they're trying to cheat you. Some companies will make their free version sound too good to be true but, not LastPass.

Cons

The only complaint I have after being a long term user of this program is the fact that when you update a shared password, you have to resend it through email. Although I see the usefulness in this, it has confused a few of my clients and caused a mess more than once. Maybe an easier way to update these passwords is to ask the user updating the password if they would like to share the update with those it's shared with. Then, it can automatically update it for those they want to still share it with and those they don't. It could make it less confusing.

Avishai from Just Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Pros

Online password management tools are an important tool for anyone using the internet. They get rid of the problem of utilizing the same password for multiple websites, plus they often mean the website hacker breaching one of your accounts, or stealing your online identity. I have been using LastPass for a few years now, so here is an overview of the app. LastPass is a cloud-based password managing solution that features many features to simplify your online experience. This app is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it solution. Easy and intuitive to use and very convenient.

Cons

Cloud storage might not be everyone's cup of tea. The app operates on almost any platform, (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS (Premium), and Windows Phone (Premium). LastPass stores your data on the company's servers (called the Vault). This is different from other online password management tools which store your computer data in files on your device. This setup holds some benefits for individuals who dislike complexity: first of all, there's really nothing you must do except register and install the browser plugin. This technique has its own drawbacks, however. Individuals cautious about storing their passwords on the company's servers might feel at ease with another password management solutions. However, LastPass has taken care of immediately these concerns by making certain that information is encrypted together with your master password.

Abdul Waudud from B60

LastPass is a Life Changer for Me, I Love It

I will continue using Lastpass happily ever after.

Pros

As a developer, i need to access many sites or apps regularly. And for all these sites I need a username and password. And like everyone, I forgot my username and password quite often. So, before start using LastPass I used to have an excel file to store all my usernames and password, which was not very user friendly and error-prone. And on an occasion, one of my clients shares website access via LastPass and I start using LastPass. I was fascinated by the usefulness of the features of LastPass. I just need to remember the LastPass master password and LastPass take care of the rest. It can remember your password, organize your passwords, generate a strong password, auto-fill contact form, strong authentication, share access without revealing the actual password, even it can auto-fill your payment details. It can be used as an online application, browser extension, mobile apps, and seamlessly run all your devices like PC, Laptop, Pad and mobile.

Cons

It's a little difficult to access LastPass manger if you try to access it from a new location and even if you have the right authentication. I know its for security purposes but in important moments it's annoying.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Its not easy to use for password management purpose.

Amazing software for password protection

Overall I am really happy with this software and would highly recommend it. I really like having all my passwords stored in one place and to not have to remember them all is fantastic!

Pros

I have so many passwords and with software I don't have to remember any of them. It can create very secure passwords so you don't have to think of one and It can be as many characters as you need it to be. I really like that the phone app uses my fingerprint to access my passwords so when I need to access a site to log that's all I need as it use to be a challenge when using apps that requires passwords. I like that it recognizes passwords that are weak and can search your system for ones that should be change to be more secure. I like that it is integrated with your web browsers so when you go to a specific website that requires a password Lastpass already has your username and password for easy login.

Cons

I understand that Lastpass is a super secure website to store all your passwords but the only thing I don't like is the process or lack there of to recover a password if you forget it. I don't want to have to delete my account as this was the issue I was facing a few months ago. I ended up getting my IT department to help out but for a personal user to have to delete there whole account for forgetting a password is not good. There should still be a secure way to recover a password without having to delete your account.

Dirt simple password vault

I have used it for years and it works exactly as expected. I have not needed to switch since I started.

Pros

One fault for all devices to be able to log in and secure all my accounts. I also love that I can save notes and share securely with people.

Cons

The 2 factor is a bit annoying on mobile but it works well enough. Also, people are unhappy you have to have paid to use on desktop and mobile but I am fine paying for goof software.

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

Wanted a cloud-based solution.

Aris from POWERPC

LastPass the best and most friendly option for home and work

We have made our computers more secure by not saving passwords to our browsers and save a lot of time on our daily activities from resetting or entering passwords because LastPass auto-fills and auto-logins for us!

Pros

We like the fact that we can organize passwords in folders and secure them with 2-Factor Authentication. Also we can store more than passwords, such as addresses, bank accounts and notes. As a company we have many accounts from suppliers, stores and customers and imagine that we need to login from multiple computers at the same time depending on where we receive a phone call. Password generation as well as auto-fill and auto login for websites is very cool feature that many other password managers don't offer. The suggestion to update/store passwords every time we login is a time-saver. It can save passwords from apps too! Password exporting is very easy if you need an offline copy.

Cons

In the past every time we closed the browser we needed to login from the beginning to the browser plugin. It's fixed now. Other than that I don't have anything to comment.

Hoang from Boost.link

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

Pros

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords. The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow. Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Lastpass is easier to use and is more popular

Lastpass is more popular

Declan from Simply Responsive

LastPass Enterprise is required for many of my network because it really works

Excellent, it keeps my passwords safe and organized, and allows me to work with people without giving them the password "keys to the kingdom", so I retain control but can still work with people where ever they live. For a larger company to a small business with outsourcers, this is a must have tool.

Pros

Last Pass solves the password problem with security that is hard to match in my experience. Virtually every experienced business I work with uses this, because security issues in the past few years have made the old ways of keeping passwords - within your browser - a bit more dangerous than before. By using LastPass i can give access to my virtual and remote employees to any of a number of tools and they never get the password, and I can revoke access. Instead of fumbling around for a way to keep passwords, we back this up and in case of emergency, have an extra layer of security and know our passwords are safe.

Cons

The Chrome extension is what I like least, since I use Chrome alot and it crashes frequently. LastPass takes more and more memory, which isn't a negative (and more a sign I'll need to upgrade my computer once again), so the browser crashing is here and there, not an always on problem. Sometimes when I have multiple users share their logins to the same tool, like Mailchimp, LastPass will get in a bit of a battle of which password and user wins, but that's more a specific agency problem than one the average user would face.

Timothy from MVECA

Small bugs can be irritating but GREAT software and value for the money

I love the software and highly recommend it for every team. It promotes strong passwords and consolidates all credential information into a safe place. In addition, it makes entering credentials easier with autofill. The price is right, it works on a variety of platforms (including linux), and it works.

Pros

This is great for consolidating all of your accounts and passwords into one place. And, with it all in one place, it's easier to have randomly generated passwords becase LastPass will automatically sign you in to sites. The free version does everything you need. The Pro version is really just to support the company which is why I pay for it. The value is great, it works on multiple platforms, and it's easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are small bugs such as LastPass not offering to remember an updated password sometimes. This can be annoying as it would force you to either hedge against that happening by copying the new PASSWORD into a text file somewhere or change the password again If you trusted the software to detect the change. It may be something that the specific sites are doing but it's annoying none the less. Other bugs include having to refresh the site to get autofill to work or the button to show up or having URL differences force the app to not recognize that you already have a login for this site. These bugs don't happen too often but when they do, they are annoying.

Solid cloud based, collaborator friendly password vault

Saves me time and gives me the feeling my passwords are strong and securedly stored.

Pros

I've been using LastPass since 2010 I believe, both for business and personal use. There's a lot of positives, like the organizing features, password strength checks, random password generation, automatic password changing (when supported by the website), a plethora of 2FA options and of course, excellent browser integration. I'm also using LastPass together with some colleagues, both in IT and outside of that, in other departments. I have linked my personal, free LastPass account to my business one, so I don't have to switch accounts, with the logging out and in hassle. LastPass also offers mobile apps, secure notes and form fill templates. It's all pretty nifty. As a business user, support is fast and quite good.

Cons

The mobile Android app can be a bit buggy. Even the Chrome addon sometimes has issues, for example with registering the correct username or e-mail address entered while registering somewhere, or small bugs, mostly UI related. It's not 100% solid, but, say, 90%. User-friendlyness can also be improved for less tech savvy users. Many colleagues of me find LastPass difficult. It's not entirely due to LastPass actually being difficult or not user friendly, but I think they can do just a little more in the UI department to make things easier to grasp.

The Last Password you will need to remember

I use LastPass to avoid remembering hundreds of passwords and also to dare to use new and secure passwords that otherwise I would never remember. Overall a great tool to improve our security and performance online.

Pros

LastPass has saved me hours on recovering lost passwords, remembering them and also has improved the safety of my credentials. I have to deal constantly with hundreds of different passwords, when I develop a piece of software I will be dealing with at least five sets of passwords: server, admin panel or CMS, FTP or similar, assets delivery and .git repository. To remember those and to manage them has been a big pain through the years. Enter LastPass. It's amazing that the browser extension will detect once you logged in on a site and will offer you to save the credentials for later, also your client can share with you their credentials but keep them secret to you! You just need to launch the site and the credentials will be set there without you ever reading them. LastPass is a great collaborative tool.

Cons

In the beginning, it feels a bit creepy to keep all your passwords in one place that syncs with the cloud, a lot of "what ifs" come to my mind. Recently they had a security breach as well. It might feel unsafe at the beginning but then you realize that it's way worse to save your credentials in plain text or to suffer by trying to remember them. Sometimes I found bugs on the Chrome extension when trying to accept shared credentials, for some reason the button wasn't working.

Jordan from R2C Group

One of the Top Password Managers for Your Money

The experience was great, minus the little hiccups in the software (duplicated secure notes, some duplicated passwords, etc).

Pros

Before suggesting the enterprise version to my agency, I used LP as my main password vault. It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

Cons

The free version is hands down the best value of all password managers. I understand that it's more of a marketing tool to get users to suggest it to their workplace and that's where they overall make their money. The only complaint that I had is when I decided to pay for the premium service (I like to support businesses that make products that make my life easier). During this time, the app kept duplicating some secure notes that I made. I felt comfortable with the safety, but this was rather odd for the type of product it is. Lastly, they refunded me for my premium service (I decided to go with 1password for my personal password stash). My agency continues to use the enterprise version, and I have no problem with using that as well.

Affordability and customer support

Reasons for Switching to LastPass

I felt like the premium service didn't offer anything more than the free version offered and a couple of annoying glitches.

Secure and Simple

As a software developer with many accounts, Last Pass has saved me from remembering lots of passwords and prevented me from re-using the same password everywhere. Its definitely improved my online security a lot more and it works on my chrome browser and my android phone. It also lets me do a security check of my account and warm me of old passwords that could be changed.Overall love using the product for both personal and work related accounts.

Pros

Easy to add existing passwords automatically with a click when you log in. Its easy to update a password and use an auto-generated secure password. Auto-generated passwords are easy to create and customize to meet website requirements. Available on so many platforms and devices. Warns you if passwords are compromised, old, duplicated or too weak. Categorize accounts you have saved.

Cons

Seldom it does not integrate well with some websites and the auto change password feature does not usually work as advertised.

Reasons for Choosing LastPass

Many staff currently used LastPass in their own capacity as its has a lot of features and its free.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,039 reviews