What are LastPass users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using LastPass software through verified user reviews

2,542 Reviews

1,818

• icon"Price is great for what you get. It generates passwords for you and keeps them safe so you don't have to remember them."
  • icon"Has great coverage across devices, and offers excellent sharing, security and management tools. Essentially, does the job just fine."
  • icon"It's seamless to integrate on browsers and mobile devices. Helps keep my individual accounts secure with unique passwords that are very complex."
  • icon"There is not too much to dislike about this software. My only problem is when you have it on multiple devices and you forget your login."
  • icon"I find myself wanting to create a folder but the iconography is a bit confusing so I'll create a record. Easy to go back and do it right but I find myself making the same mistakes."
  • icon"When you install it you have no clue of what to do first. The other bad thing is the poor integration with browsers."

Browse all LastPass Reviews

• Have you used LastPass and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,498 reviews

Cat

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

LastPass is the last place for password!

Noman

August 2022

With LastPass you will never have to remember any passwords

Lastpass is supported on multiple devices and browsers and it makes life so easy because you don't have to worry about remembering multiple passwords anymore.

Pros

The best part of Lastpass tool is the chrome extension that it has because it makes it very easy to login on any website without remembering the password. There is a single master password that you need to remember and rest all the passwords will be saved and encrypted on LastPass tool.

Cons

sometimes the extension on chrome doesn't load by itself. But most of the time it works flawlessly.

Nikodem

August 2022

Good start if you are looking for password manager

I was using LastPass for few years as a password manager and generator. It was working very smooth and I haven't noticed any issues with that. I like that it provided extensions for the browsers that I'm using, which made using it even easier. Mobile phone was also supported, so it covered most of my use cases. The problem is that LastPass decided to change their free plan and make it practically unusable. This was the time I decided to switch to other password manager which is Bitwarden (which is free and provides the same functionalites).

Pros

LastPass is a reliable software. It has integration in form of extensions for all major web browsers, as well as mobile devices.

Cons

LastPass limited free model to only one type of device (PC/mobile), which made it practically unusable and forced users to buy subscription.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

It was easier to use and provided integration with mobile devices. KeePass works very well when using on single PC, therefore I'm still using it for work-related passwords.

Aaron

Industry: Security and Investigations

September 2022

Poorly designed and no QA

Nightmarish. App constantly logs you out and expects you to remember yet another password with NO alternative means of verification that works reliably. Face ID turns off all the time. And SMS verification doesn’t send. No email reset. SO POORLY DESIGNED. STAY AWAY

Pros

Easy to enroll team members. The Face ID worked well at first (until it didn’t)

Cons

No customer support. They hide behind a chat bot that only allows you to ask questions about buying more seats. App constantly turns off Face ID and signs you out, the SMS verification option doesn’t work so you’re often left stranded with no one to reach out to. This was one of the worst pieces of software we ever bought.

September 2022

Lsatpass is a great tool but a bit expensive

I've been using Lastpass since 2016 and i don't want to change at all. Maybe the price is to high, they changed it when Logmein bought the company but is still the best one.

Pros

Sharing password functionality was the main reason to select this product. You can share the acces to sites without sharing the password. Autofill is also great for people like me who goes fast.

Cons

The recovering main password process is difficult and sometimes you are not able to recover it.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

We choose Lastpass because it is the only password tools that supports sharing the passwords without sharing the password, I mean, you share the password but you can select if you allow to see the password or not.

Peter

Industry: Investment Management

August 2022

Say goodbye to passwords - or at least all but one

We have secured all our online accounts now with strong passwords, that we don't have to remember. Lastpass works on browsers and mobile devices. Only have to remember 1 password now instead of dozens and dozens, allowing for strong and complex passwords.

Pros

Manages passwords easily, allows for team member additions, good structure and organization. Can you multi factor as an option.

Cons

Vendor initially had some poor reviews from the industry years ago. But they have shored up all the main issues now.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

Lastpass had a good trial and free usage feature. But needed team member support so licensed product.

Benjamin

Industry: Government Relations

August 2022

The very best choice for password management

I like using the password generation, organizing my vault, seeing it sync in when I move over to mobile. Expanding my vault with more and more passwords makes me feel increasingly secure and like I'm taking control of my online life.

Pros

I'm really happy with the password management tools provided by lastpass and how it keeps me organized. I enjoy creating different folders, subfolders and diving things between work and personal within my vault. For sufficient modern day online security the average person is needs to maintain hundreds of different account and logins with each having a unique password consisting of a random string of characters. It would be impossible to manage this without a trusted tool like LP.

Cons

Autofill and autosave are very, very good but still not yet at the point where every website works. And I haven't figured out how to autosave new passwords when I'm on mobile and have them sync over to desktop. That's really my only criticism. But perhaps, it's my fault and there is a setting where I can enable improved mobile autosave. I'll keep looking into it. Overall, this is a very valuable product that everyone should use.

Sulaiman

August 2022

A handy tool to keep your password in one storage

Lastpass is a good choice if you're looking for a tool to manage and secure all of your passwords and secure notes. There is a free plan if you only need to work on one device; however, you can upgrade to a higher plan for a $3/month (multi-device plan)

Pros

-Easy to use -Access all passwords in one wallet -You only need to remember one master password -Add more security with Google Authenticator

Cons

I think the customer support need a lot of improvement in terms of response speed and support

Easier to use

August 2022

A tool to keep your pass everywhere

I saved all my passwords and usernames on it. So I do not need to remember my passwords. Also, I create password automatically with it and save them.

Pros

I comes with an authenticator. I like it because there is no need to use other authenticator apps. It automaticaly generate TOTP codes and enter. I like its speed and its user interface. Passwords and usernames can be share between devices.

Cons

Free version allow us for one devices. So for multiple devices I have to pay more. There were security breaches needed to be solved.

Daily helper

Pros

I use last pass everyday, I really like the long list of features it provides: from password generation, password admin and authentication. All in one wallet.

Cons

I do not see any cons, the only one I'd say is the transferability of the information to other devices sometimes is slow; but you end up getting in as well. I'd say it works better on my laptop.

Kabir Ahmed

Best Password Management Tool

Secure and reliable, I can control which passwords I want to store in Lastpass account, separate work and personal accounts so they don’t mix. Earlier I needed to reset passwords a lot of time now I don’t need to thanks to Lastpass

Pros

I have so many accounts where I need to set different passwords for account security. Lastpass stores these passwords and I just need to remember one Master password to access my Lastpass account. Each time I update a password, Lastpass extension also updates it under my account.

Cons

The interface could be made a somewhat simpler like the Chrome extension for password management.

March 2022

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

Pros

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

Cons

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

Primarily the price, but I prefer the way that Last Pass integrates with the browser over most alternatives.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I wanted a cloud based data sync that had good cross platform usability. Having the mobile application and credential integration in iOS and Android is a must.

Tim

March 2022

Great password storage for the average adult

Pros

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not. Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened. Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords. Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Cons

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

It was expensive, complicated and provided less storage and less options for free options.

Brian

LastPass is great for those who always forget their passwords

Pros

I love that it is easy to set up and use. It usually automatically asks me if I want to add a login and password when I log into a site for the first time. It's really simple, and all you have to do is click on yes/ add. I don't have to go in and enter it manually, which is very nice. It also works across all my devices, I just log in to it and I can even use it while browsing on my smartphone. All my passwords all easily manageable cause it categorizes them into different categories for me as well. It makes it fairly easy to find one and edit it if I need to. I also like that if you reset your password, and then log in with a new password, LastPass will ask you if you want to update your stored password automatically. So there's no need to go into it and change it manually unless you need to. It's also simple to use, for me when I open a website that I have credentials stored for, there's a little box icon with 3 dots on the end of the username box. When I click on the little icon, my stored credentials come up and I just click on them to enter the info automatically. Even if I have more than one set of credentials for a site, it lists them all and then I just pick the one I want to use. You have to be logged into it, of course, so don't worry about security unless you leave yourself logged in and walk away from your computer. I have it set so that it logs me out automatically after a certain time of inactivity. I think you can also set it to log you out right after.

Cons

The only CON that I have so far about LastPass is that sometimes it will put certain things in the wrong category when it organizes it for me. It doesn't;t happen every time, but every now and then. Like something should go into the "Social" category, but it will put it into the entertainment one instead. Sometimes it's annoying, but I can also move it if I need to.

Patrick

December 2021

Excellent password and profile management

I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

Pros

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

Cons

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

Don't trust the other companies to protect my information.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Ease of use and better features.

Alex

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

Pros

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

Cons

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I received a year of LastPass Premium in a software bundle. After trying it out I found LastPass to be more convenient to use.

Michelle

Easy to create, store and manage all your passwords in one place

Great - Improved my teams ability to share passwords securely and personally it has enabled me to have much stronger passwords for everything - personal and business. I just wish I could convince my Mum to use it!

Pros

The browser extension and mobile app just make Lastpass so easy to use. I love that I will never have to think of another strong password as long as I have access to Lastpass as the generator is great for this. Knowing my personal vault is completely secure, but that I can also add any password in to a shared folder to enable collaboration across a team is great. And there is no better feeling than only having to log in to one application and know that wherever I browse to if I have an account the credentials simply populate from Lastpass automatically.

Cons

I find provisioning users a little labour intensive - but that might be because I haven't ever looked to see if there is an easier way. And if you have a login page which asks for more than 2 credentials e.g. account name, user name and password... but as long as you put the account name in the secure notes of the password entry on last pass it's still easy to find.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

Features/functionality, price and recommendations from business colleagues

Kenny

Reliable password management. LastPass is on top of things.

I have a very positive experience. Using the tool for the first time was very intuitive, I didn't need any tutorials or help pages. I also never ran into technical issues and the LastPass team informs you of important changes and news from the 'online security' world. Very good customer service, I love how professional and customer-centered LastPass is.

Pros

What I like most about LastPass is how easy it is to quickly create secure passwords and manage them with a few clicks. The auto-saving of passwords is a nice feature as well, saving you a lot of time. I know LastPass uses the highest password encryption and security standards, that's why I rely on this tool. I've had too many issues in the past because I used bad passwords. With LastPass I know I'm using the right kind of passwords and I don't even need to remember them.

Cons

LastPass allows you to access the tool on one device as a free member. Since I use desktop more than mobile, I activated in on desktop. It would however be nice to be able to use LastPass (as free user) on both without having to choose. I understand it's part of the 'upgrade to get more' business model, but I'd love to see this.

Alhassan

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

At the time, Lastpass seemed like the more secure option. And it came recommended by our systems administrator

Jeremy

My LastPass Password Keeper

Overall, between Logmeonce, nordpass, 1password, Password boss, and many more different programs you can use to protect your online credentials, i woul dhave to say LAstPass is in the top 5% range. It is very affordable, easily managed, easily accessible, and can be used on every device as one account.

Pros

I have had multiple different password keeper accounts in the past, none that amount to the complexity of LastPass. It can be downloaded onto your phone & onto your laptop so that when you switch from one to the other, it has all the passwords remembered right there for you. No more typing in your username and password every single day on every single account you want to access, it is all automated and done for you@!

Cons

I dont think there was anything i didnt like about it. I still use it to this day and i dont plan on veering away. There is even a free account that still allows you to connect all of your accounts, without any limitation.

Jake

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

Pros

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

Cons

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

I considered Bitwarden as a free alternative, but sometimes open-source solutions can be harder to tailor for use with teams. Lastpass clearly came out as superior with its long array of team-sharing features.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Bitwarden was a free solution. While it has high-level encryption, It didn't have the ease of use or the team features that LastPass has.

Quentin

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

In cloud.

MAKES LIFE EASIER - PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY

Overall I love LastPass. I did try a few others before I knew that LastPass even existed. If I remember correctly I found it via a yahoo or google free trial. I use the premium version obviously but my daughter uses the free version which is still very very good. I have a lot of passwords and except for the auto login annoyance there isn't anything I'm not happy with. And I realize that the auto login is an excellent feature and it's definitely needed. My feelings about it may not be the norm but just unique to me. The price is great, the software is intuitive and easy to use so it's a no brainer. Definitely something to look at if you are in the market for something like this.

Pros

This software does not require a lot of time to set up initially. You don't need to sit there for hours inputting your login and passwords. Once you install LastPass it will prompt you when you are at a login page as to whether or not you want to save the data.

Cons

There is a button in which you can use to auto login. There are a couple of annoying things about auto login: 1. You have to look under the advanced settings to turn it off/on. It should be, in my opinion in a more prominent area on the page and not in an area that is hidden until you click on it. 2. My other issue is that I have several logins for some of the same websites. Auto login happens really fast so sometimes you have to logout and login again to get in the account you need at that moment. It's worse when you have 3 or 4 logins and it's like playing Candy Crush or Tetris but unfortunately this isn't fun.

See review above

Goran

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The absolute best in password security

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Pros

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

Cons

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Reasons for choosing LastPass

LastPass premium price is very affordable and it looks and feels much better than the competition. I must admit, the price was the main reason.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Dashlane is very expensive and LastPass offered a free version (that I later upgraded rather recently when they switched their free account policy).

Rick

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

Pros

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

Cons

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

Reasons for choosing LastPass

The price was the biggest deciding factor

Reasons for switching to LastPass

LastPass was free and offered so much functionality.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,498 reviews