All SimplyBook.me Reviews

Harlan

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2021

Free up your front desk!

Jesus

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Affordable and Powerful Booking Software

This software works very well for booking. We had complicated requirements for customer support and coaching and this software handled both well.

PROS

I loved the features included with the base package and the ability to add extra features alacarte to keep costs low. Customers can self-cancel and outgoing emails can be customized. Zapier included!

CONS

The moment you need an extra feature after your first three alacarte ones, the price jumps up into the next alacarte tier. Also, you cannot create booking "buffers" or delays for different departments. For example, if you want customer service customers to wait at least 1 hour before booking a customer service call, but want coaching customers to wait 24 hours before booking a call, it cannot accommodate those different delays in different departments. The entire company must be either a 1 hour delay, or a 24 hour delay.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Timetrade was expensive and the Appointy API was difficult and expensive to work with long term. We wanted Zapier and got it with SimplyBook.Me.

Anthony

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Boost Your Productivity with SimplyBook.me

I had the chance to work with SimplyBook.me on a project for a nearby gym studio while working as an intern in the university's IT department. The software has a variety of features that I found to be user-friendly and intuitive, allowing the studio to expedite their scheduling procedure and enhance the client experience.

PROS

SimplyBook.me is an all-in-one scheduling and booking software that offers a wide range of features and customization options. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to set up and manage appointments, classes, and events, and it allows businesses to accept online payments, send automated notifications, and manage staff schedules. SimplyBook.me also offers a mobile app for both iOS and Android devices, which allows users to manage their bookings on the go. The software's pricing is competitive, with a range of plans to fit the needs of businesses of all sizes.

CONS

While SimplyBook.me is a powerful tool, some users have reported difficulty with customization options and occasional glitches with the software's features. The software's customer support is responsive but may not always provide immediate solutions to issues that arise.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook.me stands out among its competitors for its comprehensive range of features and customization options, competitive pricing, and user-friendly interface. Its mobile app and integration with multiple payment gateways also make it an attractive option for businesses on the go. Additionally, SimplyBook.me offers a free plan, making it an accessible option for small businesses or those just starting out.

Dear Anthony Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your positive and detailed feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied May 2023

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Overpriced and under spec'd

IF I could find another system that had the functionality I need I would move to that one. The cost would not be an issue if it had a better base product. If you only need basic then stick with some of the free options out their. I have made about 20 suggestions with zero idea of when or IF they will even be considered. After trying or looking at around 50 systems I feel it is the lesser evil of what is out their. I am not asking for much but they think they know better what people want/need.

PROS

Allows for a degree of automation to my business. I can show images and descriptions for my categories and services which a lot of other systems do not. Like the drag a slot function in calendar. Like the SMS and email reminder system (but could be better!) It adapts to most types of business which many others do not.

CONS

Very expensive for what it offers. It costs a lot of money to get a reasonably functional system by paying for all the add ons and extras. If the core was better then I would be happy to pay for my business specific add ons. Customer service is more of a cut and paste script routine. There is no place other than sending via customer service to place suggestions. It needs a dedicated place to post suggestions so that all other users can vote on them. The company just say that they look at all suggestions. The problem with that is no one else gets to see those suggestions and thing Oh thats a great idea. Plus it does not provide real life feedback doing it their way. I made these in the very first day of use Suggestions /Requirements for SimplyBook.me 1) Email templates should have a WYSIWYG editor 2) There should be a Block Out option when making a booking on the calendar (admin only) 3) Emails should be sent in HTML not plain text. At least an option should be available. 4) There needs to be a “Pending Booking” email template. 5) It should be possible to switch on and off any email or SMS rather than all on or all off. 6) This booking software really would benefit from and APP the website as it stands doe not even work/view properly on mobile. 7) There should be multi buy option. Customers may want to book 1 or 10 or 100 of the same service. It should be easy to add a figure for quantity required. 8) There should be a multi cart function

Dear John, Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, we appreciate that. FIrst of all I am glad to hear that out of 50 systems investigated you did find that we were the most flexible one. But of course we can not solve everything 100% for every single company we have as we have tens of thousands of clients. Our goal is that our system solves everything for 90% of users, but some users may have so specific demands that only a system, developed especially for them will fully resolve the needs. Until you have someone that creates such a system for you, We are happy to have you as user of our system and hope the system easily pays for itself as we believe it does for most of our users. Kind regards The SimplyBook.me team

Replied February 2019

Reviewed October 2023

Simplybook.me Grows With Our Business From Startup to Successful Clinic

PROS

When we first launched our small beauty clinic, we sought out Simplybook.me to help manage our limited appointment bookings and client base. After over two years of use, we've seen our business grow rapidly, and Simplybook.me has scaled with us every step of the way.As a startup, we needed an intuitive, easy-to-use platform that could handle online bookings for our barebones staff. Simplybook.me provided just that with their basic plan. As our appointments filled up, we upgraded to higher tiers that unlocked more features. This allowed us to sync with business calendars, process payments, send reminders, and more.Now with multiple staff members and a bustling schedule, Simplybook.me continues fitting our needs perfectly. Their plans are flexible and affordable even for higher volumes of bookings. We can customize the platform with our branding and tailor it exactly to our clinic's workflow.Simplybook.me has been an invaluable partner from our humble beginnings to now operating a successful, growing enterprise. Their scalable platform and features have allowed us to focus on clients, not bookings. We're excited to continue evolving with Simplybook.me for years to come. It's an essential tool for any small business aiming for bigger things.

CONS

The number of custom features is pretty limited in each plan. For example, for having a fully working payment option like accepting online payment and deposit, you need to activate two or 3 custom features out of the maximum of 4. I wish they increase those limit in the future.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate it greatly and it´s awesome to hear your story and how we have managed to grow together! All the best with your business going forward - we look forward to continue to work with you! Best regards The SimplyBook.me team

Replied November 2023

Joanna

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Good but needs improvement

Overall, my impressions are mixed, but we haven't started using it fully, so I can't give you my final opinion yet. I think it's the only product that answers our needs, but if there was something else that's easier to use I'd go there with not much thinking. The system is difficult, confusing and it should be easier. Well done for customer service though. If it wasn't for that I'd be very discouraged.

PROS

I think that it's the only product on the market that actually has all the functions that we needed. For us the packages were really important and how they worked. I couldn't find anything else and I tried a lot of programmes before. Simply just answers all our needs. I also think you have a brilliant customer service.

CONS

First of all, I think it's very difficult to navigate around. it took me days to understand how it works. The scheduling part - where one puts the availability is really terrible. Those sliders are useless and the other view, with the little squares, is a bit better, but also confusing. There are not time zones for users. And finally, the pricing is also bad. I think it's unfair to have those features that you need to use additionally and the number of users and whatnot. There should be a simpler pricing.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

I checked other alternatives, but don't remember which ones. They just didn't have the same features.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Basically, I would like the customer to have an account, by a product and then see how many appointments they have left out of the package. This is a very important feature for us. Acuity kinda has that but not entirely. Your system seems to be better in those terms.

Hi Joanna Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. We are constantly working on making the system as user friendly as possible and we already have on the task list to remove the sliders as they have not gotten a positive feedback from our clients. We are all ears when it comes to other frustration points within the system, so if you would like to share those with us please send us an email by replying to this. The user time zones is sth that very few users have asked for, so unfortunately it´s not very likely that it will be added in nearest future. Thanks again for your input All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied August 2023

Annemie

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

TOP features, TOP helpdesk, TOP software

- Time saving (no phones-emails back and forth)- Payment before delivery of the service- Get rid of the no shows and cancelled appointments

PROS

- Accept online payments with different options (including debit cards)- Meeting confirmation after payment- Automatic billing/automatic emails with receipt and invoice- Upsell products- Real-time calendar synchronization- Video meetings- Different categories/services- Cloning services to offer in other languages- Drawing up different agendas for different services- Always in control- TOP helpdesk- Widget code for every service in every category, full integration on your website- Huge number of features- Most of it can be customized

CONS

- There are so many features that the learning curve is slow and long, but it's a huge advantage to customize most of the features, so it's necessary to go through them. Once you are there, you have a top service to offer on your website.- At the moment only 1 reminder can be sent, but they are working on making it possible to send multiple reminders.- Limited number of video meeting apps (2: Teams & google) are connected by default, but you can expand with zapier.- Some bugs in the software when using code for text.- Some difficulties when using Teams without customer login, but when you do the video meeting via your web browser instead of the app, then all is fine (except for custom background)

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

Because of all the features in Simplybookme, because I can accept debit cards now, because I can customize everything

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Hi Annemie Thank you so much for leaving us your amazing feedback, we appreciate it greatly! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied August 2023

Stacy

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

A game-changer!

When COVID-19 hit, my legal services nonprofit had to figure out a way to pivot from walk-in, in-person weekly consultations with new potential clients, to a completely virtual model of service. When we eventually began using SimplyBook, multiple staff called it a "game-changer" - it took so much time and stress out of scheduling consultation appointments and accepting payments in advance! It is pretty user-friendly, and tech support has always been incredibly helpful when we've contacted them via live chat. We also love how customizable the system is. Overall we've had a great experience for the past 1.5 years!

PROS

I love how customizable SimplyBook is - it took me a long time to get everything set up the way we wanted it at the beginning, but that was just because of how many different features I was able to customize to our exacts specifications. We also like the payments feature so that we can require clients to prepay for their appointments.

CONS

I wish there was a way to create certain types of appointments that are only available to certain people (for example, people with a certain password); I have suggested this feature to SimplyBook in the past and hope they develop it soon! We want to be able to, for example, only allow clients who have been prescreened to register for certain events, but we don't see a way to do that in the current system and so end up using a different (much less user-friendly) software program for those events instead of SimplyBook. I also wish we could see which clients have used which coupon codes in a single report.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

Integration with Authorize.net payment processor (preferred by our Finance department)

Dear Stacy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! Have you tried as a workaround to setup hidden categories, have your services appear there too and then you can prepare separate links for clients that you have already approved of. You can also contact our Live Chat if you want to know more about that. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied November 2022

Reviewed October 2022

The BEST booking system out there. Please keep updating & improving this epic/pioneering software.

App = incredibly good. iFrame embeds a bit sketchy looking! Wish there was a way for employees to simply update/add to their schedules directly within our website or an app (not simply a homepage shortcut to a website that poses as an app).

PROS

Incredible tool. So many features. Build epic booking systems.

CONS

It seems to be something that they do not actively work on, which seems crazy to me. Customer support ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]!) is dire. She sits on her little throne of customer support power/possession and then acts as a mindless, droning, and passive-aggressive gatekeeper for SimplyBook. It makes working with the company a chore, and I would seriously not want to pay money every month with her as our Account Manager. She makes the process of this (incredible!) application, seem hopeless, limited, and dire. You need your first point of contact to laude the company, and care about it deeply! To inspire its customers, and to show them how much of an incredible booking system can be built with SimplyBook.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

Fantastic UI and endless potential with all of the addons. The perfect options for entrepreneurs and business owners looking to "build" a booking system for their business, that suits them and their specific business model. They are endless ways to build a business model that works using their system. PLEASE keep updating, and marketing your product. It is amazing, and far far better than Calendly/Setmore/Acuity and all the big boys, who have absolutely no potential, and incredibly limited coding for serious businesses and booking systems. SimplyBook has it all worked out when it comes to Team Members Scheduling (although this could be better with a simple frontend panel), Classes, Recurring Meetings, Timeslot booking simplicity, Coupons, etc.!

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

SimplyBook has so much more genuinely deep and powerful potential. Incredibly well-coded. User friendly for the service providers (as well as the customers). A truly epic and well-thought-out product, held back by shoddy customer service and a lack of passion at the front gate.

Melissa

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

SimplyBook.me automates the booking process in a simple way

I enjoy that Simplybook is both a booking platform and a straightforward website. I was too busy getting my firm off the ground to devote time and resources to creating a comprehensive website, yet Simplybook fulfilled the same functions for me.

PROS

In terms of value for money, SimplyBook.me is hard to beat. Extremely potent, offering a plethora of functionality and configuration options across a range of price points. The simplicity of the design and the ease of setting up the payment gateway are the two outstanding features.

CONS

Features beyond booking can be added to make this a comprehensive digital marketing platform for your business. Streamlining the platform's user interface might make it more convenient for users. Increasing its scope will allow you to reach a larger audience.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

For my online booking system, I had to program in automatic alerts, payment verification, and slot approval for the teachers. Using Simplybook.me was a breeze.

Dear Melissa Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback, we truly appreciate it !! Good luck with your business going forward - we look forward to working with you! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied September 2023

Danny

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Everything you’d ever need

Overall, I’m very pleased with this software.

PROS

I searched for software that I could add to my Wordpress site that would allow for multiple locations (service providers), allow for different pricing, coupons, easy booking and more. This also has a simple Facebook integration, marketing tools and so much more. It took me a few days to figure it out as there are many features that are weaved together. But once I did, it now takes just minutes to add or edit classes and services.

CONS

The add-ons are expensive and may not make sense for my business in the long run as we scale up. We shall see.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

Better features for classes/education.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Booked didn’t have repeat classes nor could I have different prices for similar classes assigned to separate locations only. No Facebook integration either.

Dear Danny Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback, we truly appreciate it! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied March 2021

Reviewed September 2020

Comprehensive online booking for tutors

So far it 100% fits our business. We managed to set everything using 10USD plan with 3 plugins (2way calendar sync, multiorder and product categories).

PROS

SimplyBook.me does not require any knowledge of coding, website support or other developper's skills. Moreover, you do not need your own website or domain to start it. Tens on plugins. For everyone and everything.

CONS

Prising is based on users and quantity of plugins. Just one additional plugin may force you to upgrade subscription.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

For the present moment it's best opton for us. We'll definitely test other servises in the future. In general all of online booking services are very similar and it's a matter of price.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

it's cheaper to start using the service via widget.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your outstanding feedback, we truly appreciate it! Good luck with your business! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied December 2020

Mel

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Health Practice Perspective

Overall is grt. Quick responses from customer services. For us, the extensive ability to customize, operate video sessions, book a variety of services, products, packages, classes, and a membership makes this an all-in-one solution.

PROS

Incredible amount of features for the $. HIPAA compliance / encryption SOAP notes Versatility Complete customization of confirmation emails to both service providers & Services Very easy for clients to navigate Clients can track their own packages Ability to force pre-pay Intake form option Seriously, I could list a ton more amazing features plus the fact that they continue to add more.

CONS

Realizing this was initially designed to serve salons, not health care providers, I hope to see improvements in the following areas: SOAP notes are the only therapy note option. Woud be nice to have a simple progress notes option. Ability to tender in person payments directly thru the platform would be a really big deal for us. Right now, a transaction is only tendered if they pay when they book thru the website. In person, we can create invoices and mark them as paid, but need to use a separate platform to capture cc payment. It would be nice if we didn't have to go thru a 3rd party for video calls. Gruveo has been good so far, but it's still extra steps to move from appt to video. Ideally, the ability for the practitioner to enter the video call directly thru their appointment calendar would be grt. A mobile app for clients to manage appts & take video calls would be excellent. I think these r the biggest things that affect us, but even with these, the simplybook platform has been grt.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

Features to price, especially those features useful for a therapy practice.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Simple practice is an amazing platform for our business model with extra kudos for their video appt structure and ease of organizing therapy notes. However, as our practice grows, the cost to utilize the platform also grows significantly for us. Simplybook offers features we want, but aren't available thru simple practice at a more affordable price structure. If they can put into place my suggestions, this would prob be the perfect platform for our business.

Dear Mel Thank you so much for your constructive feedback, we appreciate it enormously! First of all I can say that we are working on developing an admin app and maybe a client app in next round. With regards to the videos then it is relatively simple to use jumpch.at and mixing it with our booking code to give direct contact, please check that out. With regards to the Progress note option, then yes that is something that we have considered, but is not yet on our to do list. However I know that some health centers have been using the Medical History tab for that. The automatic cc payment at place, will also be implemented later, but can not promise any date on that. Thanks again for your valuable feedback All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied July 2019

Katie

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Helpful system generally, just a few improvements needed

PROS

The calendar with different colours for different practitioners makes it easy to see when people have appointments. We loved that we could customise our website widget to make it on brand, and that this software gives the option for customers to add promo codes, as most others in this field do not allow this. The SOAP note feature is paramount to us as a physio clinic, and the whole system is very secure.

CONS

We need an option to attach files to our client notes, as we are a physio clinic so often have patient letters/referrals that we currently need to store elsewhere. Also, the analysis of the data is helpful but you are unable to assess how many sessions each client has had on the export option, which makes reviewing marketing efforts a bit of a nightmare. The calendar view would benefit from having a weekly view with each service providers timetable more clearly, as this can create problems for us too!

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

The option to add promo codes, customise the website widget to our brand colours, and the price.

Hi Katie and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate it greatly! Regarding your feedback then I will address each point: 1. This is a suggestion that we have on our list and we can hopefully add to the system later on 2. With the reports about number of sessions per client to export, then this is possible by going into reports/clients/select client/View and then you can choose export 3. It is possible with the filters to select there a certain provider and then click on "Apply" after that you choose the weekly view and then you should have a weekly view by provider. I also encourage you to have your providers using the admin app, there each one can have a really nice overview of upcoming bookings. If you have any further questions you can always contact our Live Chat and contact Dmytro our Head of Support who can assist you with anything....well as long as it is related to our system:) All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied October 2022

Jasmin

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Simple effective and Value for money

PROS

I enjoy the ease and the integration with my website. The widget I can put straight on my site allows ease for me and my customers. The reminders and confirmations are extremely useful and it helps keep track.

CONS

It would be great if you could adjust your availability week by week rather than just block off time. A lot of the feature that I want are there but I can’t afford them .

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

It was the simplest and best value for money

Dear Jasmin Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we truly appreciate it! For the comment on the availability - have you checked our special days setup? Please reach out to our Live chat (online 24h during the working week) if you need any help with that. All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied November 2022

Silvina

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Going past the trial will invest.

I am excited to be able to make booking easier for my clients and on social media.

PROS

The ease of implementation to outside apps. The facebook and website integration ease is well done.

CONS

Editing the booking landing page. Fortunately, I have web builder knowledge and that is helping but your system is not user friendly nor provide helpful items such as best size of banner image for templates.

Reason for choosing SimplyBook.me

pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to SimplyBook.me

Help with a booking is of more efficient use of my time use at this stage of my business needs. I can manage my social but the booking portion was becoming more time-consuming. Plus SimplyBook.me was easier to learn and so I'd rather manage this portion and hire someone for hootsuite when I need it.

Angie

Reviewed December 2017

The site is simple to set up and you can instantly take bookings and love the Book Now link

PROS

you can easily modify schedules and specific days and make modifications to services. If you're running a one day promo it is so easy to set up and customize to a specific technician and day. Having reminders for both the service provider and clients is a great feature and setting the time of the reminder also helps as it eliminates those last minute cancellations. Sending an automated link to clients after their service to complete a review is one of the better features ! It eliminates having to remember to follow up when your schedule is busy and it completes the service. These reviews can also be used to further promote your business. Seeing the calendar in different views whether by tech per week day or month allows you to see company performance easily and also compare to other months and previous year I am one of the Franchises and we have over 40 now locates across Canada and now overseas. Many of our other Franchises were looking for a simple online booking system and I've told them about your site. It would be nice to see all of Tan on the Run use this site to streamline our bookings.

CONS

there is not much negative to say about the software. initially when you set up you get to try all features but when it's new and you're not getting a lot of traffic at first it's hard to try them all so i would only suggest that maybe after 6 months when a client sets up and has really understood and had time to really try out the software to offer this later as well. I understand as a business it might not be possible but I think I would have been more inclined to get a couple extra features to see what works. I did try the promotion feature and found it really difficult to manoeuvre and after several failed attempts and trials gave up. It was very limiting for the discount unless you've changed this. I liked that you could select specific clients to send to but other than that it didn't work for me. Also trying to add a service from mobile doesn't work. I couldn't get the whole screen to hit `save.

Dear Angie I want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your well constructed feedback, we appreciate in enormously! We think it is actually a very good idea to introduce all the features later on as well when people really know what kind of features they would benefit by using for their business. Hopefully we can introduce that soon. With regards to setting up a service from your mobile, then please let me know if that still doesn´t work, it works out for me when I do it on iphone. We aim to have all our site fully mobile responsive, so we are very thankful to get tips if something is not working. At last the promotion system is already on the task list for some fine-tuning, so hopefully we can introduce an improved version soon. Thanks again for input and have a great day! All the best The SimplyBook.me team

Replied December 2017

Kate

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Reliable and functional booking software

I started with a free plan, and have loved it. I recently upgraded to a subscription, and it's great too. I looked into other options, but SimplyBook seems to offer the most flexibility for our specific needs.

PROS

I've never had an issue with the site being down, and customers have found the booking process easy to use. I love the custom translation features which allow me to set the exact terminology for my specific business. I've use this for about 5 years, and we love it.

CONS

When we set it up, it definitely took some learning to work out how to make it work for us (special day schedules only). But now that it's up