All CorelDRAW Reviews

JAZE

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Explore CorelDraw

My creative juices are constantly flowing when I'm using this software, I just made a massive fashion catalog in a span of one week because the software reduces all the monotonous tasks I usually have to deal with to a minimal.

PROS

If you are a graphics professional looking for a powerful solution to boost your creativity, then look no further than the new CorelDRAW 2021 Graphics Suite. It amplifies the design process by giving you advanced illustrations and superb photo editing features that help you achieve nothing less than a masterpiece every time. The software comes with a versatility that will satisfy any creative need. It is an all-in-one graphic design suite for vector illustration, page layout, photo editing, font management and so much more.

CONS

I was not able to find any cons about the software, I tried so hard to see were the faults were but till this day, I have been nothing but pleased with it.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

From what I have gathered about Photoshop Elements, it seems to be more inclined for the photo-hobbyist than the graphic designer.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I think that Adobe Illustrator is overrated and CorelDRAW is totally underrated, in this instance I gave the underdog a shot to impress me and it didn't disappoint. I don't think many graphic designers know what they are missing out on when it comes to CorelDRAW.

Erik

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Old but still gold.

9/10 Good price, you learn a lot using this, it's like training wheels for graphic designers

PROS

I loved it because it is the software for begginners, its simply to use and once you can dominate and learn how works, you can jump to another software more complete. Or you can still using this one.

CONS

Its like a little old, and it need some upgrades to keep competing with newest software.

Because of the price.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I wanted to keep learning more softwares because you never know when you're gonna need work with another.

Charles

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Corel Crash

I am a Corel Draw professional. Been using since Corel Draw2. I have upgraded just about everytime Corel came out with a new version. 2017 (19) was the last stable version. 2018 was terrible and 2019 seems to follow suite. I run it on W10 Pro on a Older MAC Pro (8 Core 32GB, 1G VC) using Parallels desktop PRO version. Do yourself a favor and learn illustrator!

PROS

Looks Fancy, has some cool drawing tools

CONS

Crashes all time, makes thing more complex than they need to be.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

I am a 25+ year veteran with corel Illustrator was a harder program...now not so much. I have used 2,3,5,7,8,9,11,12,X3,X4,X5,X6,X8, 19,20 and now 21 was not much of a choice. Corel has always had it's issues but this new version SUCKS. Oh and congrats on going MAC too bad it will not run on EL Capitan. Way to go Corel.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Ticks the Box for print & Cut

Having used CorelDraw for the last 10 years , its kept up with modern day needs , the subscription service is a neater way to stay up to date.

PROS

The Macro & Script feature , allows us to implement lots of different graphic layouts at the touch of a designated hot key.

CONS

The new layout lacked some intuitiveness.

jouvann

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

CoralDraw is the best

CorelDraw first helped me edit images now i can make adverts when my company employs more people and its very effective. This program is very cheap and fun to play with even if you have nothing to do. It makes everything you edit look very professional.

PROS

-Reasonable price -Good for beginners -Comes with a lot of pre-loaded functions -Easy to learn and handle -Compatible with all windows

CONS

-buying addition programs cost a lot -not part of more complete packages with constant updates

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

photoshop was to expensive and had no work guide for the editing i needed

Kevin

Reviewed July 2021

A Graphic Designer's and Artist's Dream

It has helped me grow my business and sell my designs and art printed on clothing, accessories, and gifts all over the globe.

PROS

This software is loaded with things I was using from about three different programs. Aside from all the spectacular uses it has, not having to use one program, then switch to another, and possibly another to finish a design is brilliant!

CONS

There are so many additional things to purchase to do more work or have more tools, effects, etc but I know how to do most all of them without the additions, so it is okay

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

It was less expensive, offered exactly what I needed and in the trial was far easier.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

The affordability for what you get is phenomenal and it is truly great for professional work.

Alex

Printing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

CorelDraw is still the best for a sign shop business!

Amazing, powerful and will be using it for years and years to come. Very user friendly and makes me a super hero when I am using it.

PROS

The price and the features of CorelDraw is not to ignore. Its the most versatile graphics software in my opinion.

CONS

The CorelDraw App is not as robust than the actual software. But I understand because its a web based software.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

Its price, its features and includes PhotoPaint which is a photoshop version of CorelDraw.

Edwin

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

CorelDraw the best powerful graphic editor available

This software is really one of the best old software's for graphic and vector editing. It performs well once you get understanding on how to use it. I would urge people to use since learning how to use it not that complicated.

PROS

First what I liked about this software is because it is user friendly, it is easy to operate or use that software. Another this is its interface, it is so really simple in that I did not have any difficulty working with the features and components to come up with something productive. Another thing I like about this software is that it is available in more than platforms. Lastly it has an excellent collaboration tool in the comments sections which enables other users comment on its artwork without necessarily downloading the application.

CONS

Sometimes loading this application takes a lot time and this is really boring. Its pricing is somehow high compared to adobe related software's. It also has free version although it has limited features. I don't have much more negative about this software since it addresses all issues related to editing.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

The reason why I chose this software is because it is simple to learn though the all perform same and exemplary works.

Peace

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

User friendly

PROS

I have been using this product for over 16 years. That alone means a lot. It helps display the creativity I feel inside

CONS

Can this product have a language interface

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

The tools in CorelDraw are not hidden. There's easy-going working with layers

Reviewed October 2020

Vector software

I used Corel for several years before finally transitioning the vectors to another platform and it was tough the whole time.

PROS

Corel has lots of hidden abilities inside it and the ability to achieve some very strong and complex graphics.

CONS

It’s a very awkward software- much more primitive compared to software I’ve used in the past. It’s took longer to learn than I expected

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I had to switch to Corel because of product needs. The machine I used only read Corel files

Meghan

Reviewed October 2023

CorelDRAW for screen printing

so far i really enjoy it, its very easy to use and my kids like it to.

PROS

I love that I can use it with all my programs, computer and tablet

CONS

Sometimes, it cliches a lot, needs an update, and will crash and not save my work

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

the cost of the product and i wanted something easer to use.

Precious

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Ease of Use for Tutors, Hardware considerations and Tools

Teaching this software comes with a bit of difficulty. I taught Corel Draw to High school students for years, and they struggled to recognise the tools as each new version was released quickly. However, there is some harmony in recent versions of icons in the app. I suggest user input is also taken to know the most used commands and make more of them readily handy. However, I have seen progress in this regard but not enough. I lose a lot of progress in my designs even when I save them because the app hangs halfway and erases my progress. My students wept when I instructed them to design MasterCard Debit cards because they shared the same experience. (Corel 2018). So it's definitely not I or my PC. More 3D effects need to be added, and they should be programmed into the app. More polls from designers will solve that issue for me. I experienced disharmony of colouring among varying hardware specifications. There should also be harmony in colours irrespective of hardware as long as the graphics requirement are met.

PROS

CorelDRAW gave me the flexibility to design anything my imagination could conceive. All the tools give the right effect in the right precision for whatever concept I dreamt of bringing to reality, and with ease. Ability to edit a document-like design in a document environment like MS-word is one of the best Experiences for designing a corporate letter headed document. It ensures you maintain document formatting of the originally typed text.

CONS

Limited tools for certain effects, which forces you to improvise and combine different effects and tools to achieve your goals. I designed Bitcoin graphics in two PCs with the same exact colour code in the same exact system requirements and got a little colour variation. So colour output varies a bit due to hardware considerations not being harmonized.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

Because it was a basic requirement in the curriculum to spark creativity among students. It also sparks brilliance as it forces your genius to improvise every tool available to create your dream design.

William

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

2019 the year CorelDraw became Company standard.

Overall CorelDraw plays with the big boys as far as capability, functionality, and small learning curve. I've been a user of the Corel Suites for quite sometime but never made the complete switch. It was always a secondary program. This year 2019 I decided to completely switch over to the full Corel Technical Suite line and I'm completely satisfied with the switch.

PROS

If you are coming from Adobe Illustrator Corel allows you to set your workspace exactly the same as Illustrator which makes for no learning curve at all. You'll find all the same resources and tools as Illustrator. You actually own your copy of the program so that when next years version comes out you aren't forced to upgrade. I have been using 2016 version of the program until 2019 when I upgraded to newest version.

CONS

I don't dislike anything about the program at all. It has all the same features and benefits as the Adobe suite.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

So tired of paying every year for the suite thats only a subscription. I like to own a physical copy.

Savannah

Reviewed May 2020

CorelDraw

Overall I like CorelDRAW based on the value of the product in someone ease of use.

PROS

Very users friendly and there are a bunch of tutorials that you can watch to figure things out. Less expensive than adobe creative cloud. You can either buy program or purchase a subscription.

CONS

It takes a bit of getting used to and trying to figure the different options within Corel draw. It doesn’t have a whole bunch of extra add-ons. You need various products to work in conjunction with it.

Reason for choosing CorelDRAW

Affinity is great but it’s not compatible with a lot of other products that I need to use in conjunction with the design software.

Reasons for switching to CorelDRAW

I had too many issues with Adobe so I made the switch to Corel draw. Also, adobe was much more expensive in the long run.

Tetty

Furniture, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2019

One of The Essential Software for Graphic Design

I have been using CorelDraw since i started my vocational highschool back around 2009. Currently i am using CorelDraw X7 to help me finish my work as Web and Graphic Designer. It isn't the most updated version but i can still find features or tools that i needed the most. I took Multimedia as my major when i was in highschool. I work a lot in creating vector image, especially for logo making. I work as Graphic Desiner as my side job when i went to college to help me cover up my bills. I work a lot in logo making, banner and flyer design and also some website layout design. I also did some comission art work for souvenirs or gift. Now i am using CorelDraw for building the brand of my company where i work a lot in graphic and visual for website and social media. CorelDraw is a part of my life i would say, if that doesn't sounds too cheesy. But seriously, CorelDraw has helped me in many aspects such as hobby, career and even financial. It is user friendly and challenging your creativity.

PROS

CorelDraw is one of the most essential software for graphic design. It helps you create many things such as vector illustration, logo, web graphics etc. It is easy to use and came with many advanced tools that you can use to build your professional project or art work. When you open the software to start a new project, it will first give you an option in which kind of graphic you would like to work. Start from the work area or page size, resolution and dimension. It is very important because it is related to the quality of your final project. Once you are in the work area or page, you can can always add a new page for each project but it will saved in one .cdr project file which i find it really convenient. Instead of having a lot of project file, you can have one project file which consist several works. Another thing, there is a hint tab which give you tips and tricks on designing.

CONS

As a graphic design software, CorelDraw have so many tools which is makes it a little difficult to use if you have never work with any of graphic design software before. But you can always read the manual, watching tutorials or read the hint tab. Even though it has many tools, CorelDraw still lack of photo editing tools or features but i can still use Corel Photo-Paint if ineed to do a photo editing

Jonaths

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Essential program, but needs improvement

In general, Corel Draw is helping me to solve my business problems. What are my business problems? I needed an application suite where I could create a layout: flyer, business card, banner, billboard, newspapers, magazines and also pieces for social networks and Corel Draw with its versatility helped me a lot. I have been a Corel Draw user since version 11, I have been using it since 2005. As time goes by, it has improved getting faster and lighter, bringing more comfort and practicality to the user. However, improvements are still needed in the Corel Draw Suite, better integration with other applications, and it is possible to sell the programs separately, without the obligation to buy the complete suite. It is interesting that the value is lower in order to attract more and more users. From 0 to 10 stars, I consider the program to be 8.5 stars.

PROS

The Corel Draw application suite has features that are necessary to have a great workflow. Some features are impactful like the font manager, something very useful, as it is not necessary to install the fonts (typography) in the computer's operating system. Another good feature is the possibility of working with scale. This allows us to create a layout for cars, buses and billboards in a quiet and wise way. The product is very versatile, simple and easy to use. Integrating it with my business processes is extremely easy, enabling a very fast and productive learning curve.

CONS

The Corel Draw suite has many features that are excellent, but you need to improve many details. When working with many geometric points (or vectors), Corel Draw has a little difficulty in processing, even on a computer with a great processor, video card and memory. Another detail to be improved is the need to have more fluidity in some effects, to add existing effects on competitors: Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designer. Improving the integration with EPS files made in Illustrator, as well as improving the integration of Illustrator - Corel Draw and Photoshop - Corel Draw is extremely necessary. What makes Corel Draw difficult to use is when it is necessary to work with files made in Illustrator, as many effects Corel Draw cannot read. Despite the flaws, there was not much difficulty in integrating Corel Draw with my business processes.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

CorelDRAW - A Comprehensive Vector Graphics Editor

Overall, CorelDRAW is an excellent vector graphics editor that offers a wide range of tools and features for creating professional designs. Its intuitive user interface, vast library of templates and clip art, and robust set of drawing and photo editing tools make it a favorite among designers and artists.

PROS

Intuitive User Interface: CorelDRAW's user interface is well-organized, customizable, and easy to navigate, making it simple for both beginners and professionals to use.Vast Library of Templates and Clip Art: CorelDRAW has an extensive library of templates, clip art, and fonts that can be used to jump-start any project.Robust Set of Drawing Tools: CorelDRAW offers a wide range of pen and brush tools, geometric shapes, and other drawing tools to create custom designs and layouts.Advanced Image Editing Features: CorelDRAW supports a range of advanced image editing features, such as color correction, image retouching, and masking.Multi-Page Document Support: CorelDRAW's advanced layout tools make it easy to create multi-page documents, such as brochures, booklets, and magazines.Versatile Export Options: CorelDRAW supports a variety of file formats, including PDF, EPS, and SVG, making it easy to export designs for various purposes.Regular Updates and Improvements: CorelDRAW receives regular updates and improvements, ensuring that users always have access to the latest tools and features.

CONS

Steep Learning Curve: While CorelDRAW's user interface is intuitive, it can still take some time to learn all of the software's features and tools.Resource-Intensive: CorelDRAW can be resource-intensive, particularly when working with large files or complex designs. This can lead to slower performance on older or less powerful computers.Limited Compatibility: CorelDRAW's file formats are not always compatible with other software, which can cause issues when collaborating with others or sharing files.Price: CorelDRAW can be expensive compared to other graphic design software options, especially for individuals or small businesses on a budget.Customer Support: Some users have reported issues with CorelDRAW's customer support, citing long wait times or unhelpful responses.Lack of Integration with Other Software: CorelDRAW doesn't always integrate well with other software, which can be a downside for users who rely on other tools or platforms in their design workflows.