All AssociationVoting Reviews

Watkins

Used more than 5 years, 2,650 voters, never a hitch, multiple format

Our annual elections/meeting and occasionally for other purposes. We send two files - the text for the website (annual report, candidates, budget) and a list of our owners/voters. They do all the setup, I review for changes within a couple of days, I review progress as voting is occurring, and I have results before the annual meeting starts.

Pros

The tech support team which carries most of the load for setup and for problem resolution

Cons

The fact that I could have used it about five years earlier than I did

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

Ease of use, security, percent of work handled by AV instead of us, ability to handle multiple voting types (online, paper, other), and probably their single greatest feature is the strength of the technical support team/call desk. We have 2,660 voters, any issues are handled by the call desk. Our attorneys that validate results find the documentation of voting to be substantial.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello John, Thanks so much for the review and feedback. Your repeat business is much appreciated! Kim

Tia

The Best There Is!

Pros

AssociationVoting has the best software there is! As the Administrator for our organizations annual Board of Director's Election process, I've found this software to be extremely proficient, user friendly and adaptable. Being able to upload/import information to build the required platforms has been great! Having the ability to export weekly reports that are customized is also a prime feature. If you are looking for a platform that you don't have to worry about a comprise of voting integrity, I strongly recommend this platform for your election needs!

Cons

I honestly don't have a con. AssociationVoting seems to stay proactively involved in ensuring the program functionality is top notch and if you need anything, they are always available.

Reasons for switching to AssociationVoting

We were having lots of issues with the election software not capturing the correct information and there were some issues with integrity of the votes.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Tia, We appreciate your feedback and recommendation! Thanks, Kim

Mack

Easy to use with great service

Pros

I liked that my contact at AssociationVoting helped me set up my election and guided me through the process.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Mack, Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad you found our support staff helpful! I will reach out to you separately to get a better understanding of the customization you desire. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing AV! Kim

Jane

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great service

Great customer service. Helpful with the set up and deployment of our election. They were quick when we needed customization or had questions.

Pros

Set up was very intuitive. It is a clean, simple program. Perfect for our needs.

Cons

We turned off the access to ongoing results of the election. It would be helpful to get a report that is emailed or available at the conclusion of the election.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

It best suited our needs and were most responsive with our questions.

Reasons for switching to AssociationVoting

We were happy with Simply Voting but found Association Voting less expensive for the same service.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Jane, Thanks for your review and feedback. Yes, the end of election emailed results is on the launch plan for this year! Thanks again, Kim

Deb

Great value for the investment!

We've been quite pleased with our experience. Last spring was our first year offering the option of online voting to our members. We run a bit of a hybrid election (both electronic and paper) right now as we are transitioning to what we hope will be a full online-only option in the future. Last year, when we went live, we had a minor hiccup with the field we used for our login credentials. Within an hour, I was able to send a help email, get a response, and get a "workaround" fix so that we had hardly any members actually impacted by the hiccup. I've worked with many other software companies in my previous positions, and I was very impressed by the quick and effective response we received when we had an issue. Renewing our subscription this year was never even questioned - and we even bought the annual subscription instead of the standard one-election license, so we can also run our district level elections electronically this year.

Pros

The biggest plus I see of this software is its ease of use. And that it is completely customizable in an easy to use interface and a very reasonable price. I'm able to set up our election with little issue, determining what fields we require for credentials. We also are able to use the software for both voting of our positions as well as bylaw language changes. It is a high value for the investment.

Cons

Really, there have been nothing that has been a true frustration for us. I wish we could decide alittle more on how the candidates are listed under the positions (we don't use a short description so I would have preferred that their photos be listed horizontally instead of vertically) but it isn't anything that we see as a negative.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

The cost was a major factor, but also the trial that was offered showed us that we would be able to do all that we needed to do, and be able to do that setup/customization ourselves within our timeframe and not be depended on having the vendor handle any change requests.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Deb, Thanks for the wonderful feedback. I am glad you find the software easy to use! For your next election, let's try the 3 across candidate layout. I think you may prefer that one. Thanks again for the feedback, Kim

Saving time and money

Our small organization used to rely on paper balloting at in-person meetings which restricted who could participate and how. Online voting combined with better meeting technology has allowed more of our users to participate even if they can't be there in person and helped our continuity of operations throughout COVID shutdowns. We use weighted voting and AssociationVoting has made this simple to manage. AssociationVoting has saved us time, provided more transparency in our voting processes, and allowed us continuity of operations throughout COVID shutdowns.

Pros

AssociationVoting is EASY to use, intuitive, cost-effective and customer support is responsive and helpful. We've looked at and tried a number of voting solutions for our nonprofit, but they were either way too cumbersome or way too expensive. This has allowed us to hold votes and elections easily and reduced the time needed to do so. Even our most technology-challenged users have been able to successfully participate in elections and other voting.

Cons

Overall the product is easy to use and intuitive. They've made upgrades since we started using it that have solved any suggestions I had.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

Other products we looked at were well beyond our small-nonprofit budget or required handheld devices that had to be shipped back and forth and programmed for our large voting audience. AssociationVoting met our criteria of being easy to use, fit our budget, and responsive from a customer service standpoint.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Sarah, Thanks for the taking the time to complete the review and for your repeat business. It is much appreciated! Kim

Alyson

Industry: Mental Health Care

User-friendly, easy to use voting software packed with options for customization

We've been using Association Voting for our annual elections for five years and we will never go back to paper ballots again. It has helped us save money, time, accuracy, and streamlined our entire election process. We used to have to print and mail ballots to our 1700+ membership and wait for them to be returned via postal mail, which was time-consuming, costly, and came with a variety of problems (ballots not received, not returned in time, lost mail, etc.) Using this software has made it so easy for our members to vote- even for some of our less tech-savvy individuals. The ballot is so easy to create and looks great because we can add candidate photos and statements, making it more personal. The reports available at the end are very helpful to give to our leadership so they can see how many people voted and vote counts for each candidate, while keeping members' votes anonymous. We see no reason to ever stop using Association Voting as long as we continue to have elections!

Pros

- easy to use, set up, and implement - logical, user-friendly interface - variety of customizable features (uploading candidate photos, welcome letter, instructions, etc.) - thorough reports available at the end of election

Cons

There are no cons in terms of using the software or running the election. It would be helpful to be able to download a simple pdf of the full ballot. It's difficult to find out how/where to do that.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Alyson, Thanks so much for your feedback and your loyalty over the past 5 years! We hope to continue to support your elections well into the future. We do offer a module that supports the ability to export a generic PDF of the ballot, as well as a personalized PDF per voter. I will send more details in a separate email. Thanks so much for your feedback, Kim

Shelly

Easy to set up, easy to use voting software to validate board elections

Pros

Association Voting makes our annual board elections simple. It takes only a few moments to set up, and is easy for our members to use to cast their ballots. The reporting functionality is fantastic- we have access to all the data we need to validate our election and know that it's secure. The Association Voting team responds very quickly to any questions we have and are always incredibly helpful. We're able to fully customize the software to make sure it meets the needs of our election procedures and bylaws. I also love the option of having emails sent straight from the Association Voting portal with log-in information so that the experience is seamless for our members.

Cons

I would love to see this integrate with our association management database moving forward, but our current database has limited integrations so it's not possible (through no fault of Association Voting). Because of this, our members have to use a different log-in than what they would normally use. However, Association Voting is very user-friendly, so it's easy to communicate how members should log-in, what to do if they're having issues, and how to resolve any problems they may have.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Shelly, Thanks for the feedback. We certainly appreciate your review! Kim

Ida

PRAISES TO FIND SOFTWARE TO HAVE OVER 10,000 OWNERS TO VOTE ON LINE

I have had nothing but praise for their response. If one staff doesn't have the answer I am directed to another and this year with the Zoom they were there to help us on this new annual meeting solution.

Pros

Able to handle large volumes in several different groups, a staff that offers support to both us and owners who are not familiar with on line voting, custom list to give me what I need to tally the votes in a speedy manner. A plus is that it is store to pull up in case of loss information.

Cons

So much easier that what we were using before and in the long run labor wise less work.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

Recommended by similiar HOA's and then staff won us over for the next year :-)

Reasons for switching to AssociationVoting

The labor to keep the software up to date as changes were being made yearly and it was so much easier to download into Association Voting and be ready to start accepting voters on line.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Ida, Thanks for your review and repeat business! Much appreciated, Kim

Cindy

December 2022

AssociationVoting is an excellent service to fulfill your online voting needs.

AssociationVoting support staff were there for every question that we had. In my view, support is every bit as important as the software functionality, and this online voting service is excellent. I can't think of a thing we need over and above what is currently offered.

Pros

Ease of use. It was nice that I was able to easily add voters as needed.

Cons

I didn't have any issues with this software, so don't have a response to this.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Cindy, Thanks so much for your kind words! We look forward to working with you again in 2023! Kim

Replied December 2022

Thea

Great Experiences with Association Voting

Overall my experience with Association Voting was exceptional. From my first contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was informative, attentive, and a pleasure to work with. As I was simultaneously working with other virtual voting software companies and their free trials, she made it easy for me to see the value of going with Association Voting. I made some errors with set up, missing the check box for groups, etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were quick to respond and help save me from myself. I cannot stress how attentive they were working around the clock to support me and my weird Alaska hours (I grew up on East Coast and get how those hours can sting). They quickly recognized the group check box issue. They showed me how to fix it so voting could continue correctly. They identified impacted voters, and of them who voted for those outside of their assigned group and removed those unacceptable votes. They pulled reports and confirmed accuracy. They even helped me draft an explanation to my board explaining why some of them saw multiple groups before we caught the issue, how it was fixed and how the voting process was still secure and reliable. We had over 600 members vote for a 39 seat board and 9 seat executive board over the course of a week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond.

Pros

The application was user friendly for our member voters.

Cons

I set up voting using your groups/regional options. However, there was a check box I missed to turn the groups on. The check box was not intuitive and the first voting commenced with all voters seeing all groups. Also, members didn't like the idea of using the same ballot to vote for officers at the same time for priorities and bylaws. So, we figured out a different process for priorities and bylaws.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

Customer service and support and price.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Thea, Thanks for the review and feedback. I am glad we were able to address the group configuration in a responsive manner for you. We have updated our Help guide and video to address Groups more thoroughly. We do appreciate your business, Kim

Pamela

Our Experience with Association Voting -- A Success Story

My company utilizes Association Voting for our annual Board of Directors Elections and our annual Board 360 Survey. My company has used this software for a few years I was involved for the first time last year (2019). I found the software very intuitive and easy to use/view/ and understand the data. Our Association Voting representative was very responsive and helpful -- we were under a tight timeline for our annual election which kept getting delayed (on our end) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient and very helpful in helping us deliver the election to our members on time. When our Board of Directors requested a quick glance overview report on our Board 360 survey, AV was very helpful and responsive in helping us create a report that our Directors were happy with. As it was my first time leading the charge on these two items, AV made it simple for me to jump in and succeed.

Pros

Ease of use, view of the results and the different data available.

Cons

The results for the Board 360 Survey were a bit cumbersome to deliver to our Board of Directors -- they requested a one glance overview of the results. AV helped us create this report.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Pamela, Thanks so much for your feedback! Kim

Kate

Transformed Our Member Voting Experience

It is an inexpensive solution with powerful features, and it easily and seamlessly transformed our elections from in-person to online. Now our members can vote in less than 5 minutes, at any time during our election window. Highly recommend AssociationVoting for member associations looking to conduct position elections or approve bylaws.

Pros

The Association Voting platform is easy to use, both as the administrator who sets it up and as a user submitting their vote. There are never technical issues using the platform because it's intuitive for our voters. We use the software for our annual election, and we can clone the previous year's platform to save time in setup.

Cons

Setting up the ballot can be time-consuming if your ballot displays a lot of information. An import feature for ballot content would be nice.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Kate, Thanks for your feedback and your continued loyalty. We appreciate both! We are glad you find the software intuitive. I will follow up with you separately to review the "import ballot" feature in more detail. Thanks again, Kim

Michele

Elections made easy!

This has increased the number of members who have voted in our election. The customer service is fantastic! I highly recommend AssociationVoting!

Pros

If members don't have the correct credentials, the system will email them their member ID as long as their emails are in the system. It's easy to keep track of results as the election is in process. We've not had one complaint from members who voted using this software.

Cons

Some of the set-up questions were confusing at first.

Reasons for choosing AssociationVoting

There were more features and the ability to have a hybrid election seemed easier than other software I researched. It is very easy to use.

Response from AssociationVoting

Hello Michele, Thanks so much for the feedback. I am glad you find the software easy to use. We have made an update to the setup questionnaire to simplify it. Hopefully the changes are helpful for your next election. Thanks again! Kim

Veronica