All Nextiva Reviews

Janiece

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great work in progress

Patrick

Nextiva sold us phones and supplies a quality service with customer support that is always available

Pros

VOIP phone system was the best idea we had for phones. Nextiva has made it easy to remain a long term customer. Our office is phone dependent and if a client cannot reach us they let us hear about it. Nextiva has handled problem we have experienced with the urgency that I would expect from a professional service company. Most questions are answered before we get off the phone. The recommendations for phones was spot on. The service is reliable and the quality of sound it clear. My client never ask about the kind of phone we are using. They can't tell the difference. The billing is always correct and predictable. Never had a billing problem.

Cons

The app is a bit uncomfortable to use. In order to answer the phone I have to press a couple of keys and often the phone rings 3 -5 times before I answer. I prefer our calls answered in 2-3 rings. Now this is only a problem when out of the office and the phones are forwarded.

Mobile app is super easy to use

The quality of service is unmatched. The app is super easy to use, and keeps me organized. The service is great, I have never had difficulty with my calls. The customer service is excellent, staff is patient, friendly, and eager to help. Overall, Nextiva has helped me be more efficient in my business and I know it has helped my colleagues within our company as well.

Pros

Mobile app is easy to navigate, never gives me any trouble.

Cons

That I didn’t switch over sooner, it would have saved me a lot more business.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

My calls were getting dropped constantly, and every time I called for help, I was put on hold by representatives that were impatient and didn’t get my problems resolved. Bad service and bad customer service hurt my business.

Greg

January 2023

Support unavailable and next to impossible to cancel

It was relatively OK until they "upgraded" service which eliminated a few key features. So I tried to switch providers and the fun began.I sent in a request based on their online instructions. I was assigned a case number. However, I continued being charged. I called, chatted, and emailed multiple times with no resolution as the charges continued. I had to dispute multiple months of charges with my financial institution and open a case with the BBB. To date, I think the account is still open. I was charged at the beginning of Jan. I did get a termination quote for some reason asking for my signature. I signed and returned it and then was told that the case would be closed due to no response. I told them I did respond and included my information and they wouldn't address that request.I DO NOT recommend Nextiva if you think there is a remote chance that you may want to cancel before you die.

Pros

Lots of features. Apparently I need more characters so I will say that I like that I am no longer using it.

Cons

Support was never available and it is almost impossible to cancel service.

Reasons for choosing Nextiva

I didn't know how hard it would be to cancel.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Greg. Thank you for leaving us another review. Your feedback has been shared with our team along with your contact details. One of our managers will be in touch shortly to help. Thank you.

Julia

June 2022

Verdict still out

Pros

Once the initial set up was done, the phones & software have worked fairly well.

Cons

Set up was and still has been a bit of a problem. My employer and myself have been working with multiple people and at times don't hear back from them for months. And the issues we had originally contacted them about are still not resolved. The app for your smart phone is not the most user friendly.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Julia. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We appreciate the feedback regarding your experience. If you by all means still required any assistance from us, please email us at reviews@nextiva.com your account info and contact details and we'll make sure to have our team follow up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Joshua

Industry: Restaurants

September 2022

Reliable and affordable

Pros

Nextiva is very reliable. I don't recall every having an outage.

Cons

I wish the back end was a little easier to use. I need to reach out to support every time I need to change a recording or add a holiday closure. Past systems I've used were easier to navigate on my own.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

Ring Central had a steep price increase. They also had additional encryption that would not allow it to integrate with my POS.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Joshua. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We are thrilled to hear about your experience with our services. Should you need anything, don't hesitate to let us know!

Replied January 2023

Great VoIP to a certain point

Decent onboarding, good support. Overall decent, just high added fees.

Pros

Their system works well and their fax through email works 99.99% of the time. There was only one time with an outage I believe. Decent customer service.

Cons

The software was good, however being in the telco space for as long as I have, I think they have some of the highest fees out there.

Response from Nextiva

Hello James, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're pleased to hear that you've been enjoying the reliability that the Nextiva system provides. If we can help you with anything please don't hesitate to let us know.

Replied May 2021

Aaron

Trying to leave Nextiva was a nightmare

I would avoid Nextiva at all costs. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and talk to my past self to avoid them like the plaque. You could not get me to switch back to them even if their service was free or they offered to pay me to use their service.

Pros

Their phones did come preset up and the onboarding process was very streamlined. When I did need technical support, they were quick to resolve the issues.

Cons

Where to begin, their pricing and contracts all but force you to stick with them long term or pay an arm and a leg to leave. I should have known better than to sign any contract, but wanted to save a little bit on the upfront costs (by getting a free phone) and slightly lower monthly rates. When I did leave Nextiva, I happily paid to break my contract, even though I shouldn't have had to pay any ETF at all. More on that later. While Nextiva's technical support was great, good luck if you ever need customer support for billing or contract issues. When I was finally fed up with the prices Nextiva was charging, I went back through my contract and noticed that Nextiva did not honor their end of the bargain. When I called up customer service to end my contract, the customer service agents tried to weasel their way out of it, trying to explain one thing that they meant, but clearly wasn't literally written into the contract. Trying to leave them was a literal nightmare, because they broke their contract and I refused to pay the full ETF, I had to speak with a manager, who was supposed to call and never did. I had to call them 20+ times to finally get in touch with this manager. And because this manager was assigned to my case, I couldn't get another manager to fix things in the mean time. I'm 100% sure if I wasn't so persistent, I never would have gotten through to finally break free. Don't walk, run far far away from Nextiva.

Reasons for switching to Nextiva

We were having a lot of quality issues with phone calls from Ooma Office and frequent disconnects.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Aaron, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to see you go and wish you and your team the best. If we can help you with anything, please let us know.

Replied July 2020

Maria

Seamless communication that allows great customer service!

Seamless communication with customers and other clients

Pros

With Nextiva, you can enjoy calls through smooth service. With each plan, you can choose what features will satisfy your business needs.

Cons

With premium features, the costs rise up significantly, every business needs to cut down costs and telephone bills have a good chunk to pay for every month. Hoping they would offer discounts to the longer you have been availing their service.

July 2022

I can make phone calls from anywhere

Pros

I like Nextiva because it enables me to call people to the US from the UK. The service is overall reliable and easy to use.

Cons

Nextiva is a great app; however, you can't download it to your phone from the UK, which means I can't send text messages, just make phone calls. I recently upgraded and am still looking to solve some minor technical glitches, like getting a message from time to time.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We're thrilled to hear about your experience with Nextiva thus far and appreciate the feedback regarding our customer support. Should you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you.

NOE

Affordable, Good Option for VOIP, Needs Work.

Good experience, I knew I was sacrificing some features when I switched from the leading service provider, but I was going to save 50% on my VOIP bill. Again, the customer service is really great.

Pros

Considerably cheap service compared to the national provider, flexible terms and very reliable voice communication. Really easy to register deskphones and truly amazing customer service.

Cons

Has bugs (i.e. synchronizing the contacts among all platforms, editing contacts once they are added), Can't send Picture texts (I believe is a must), and regular texts are received multiple times at once.

Amazing service & platform

The overall experience with Nextiva was excellent. I can highly recommend them as a software service provider. The entire process was streamlined and professional. The staff were very knowledgeable and were able to guide the team here through all the necessary steps, they made smart recommendations that allowed us to avoid future problems, and they even made it enjoyable. We’re now working on the NextOS system and it’s been amazing to see how the team have adapted and how it’s impacted their work output. There are many process and procedure benefits to improving customer communication, tracking and projects and NextOS is allowing us to unlock a lot of value we didn’t know we could provide. People are happier and customers are noticing the difference. Until recently, I hadn’t really recognized just how important tools and systems are to our employees and what a negative environment had arisen as a result of the broken nature of our old services. Now that we’re working with the latest in AI and Machine Learning, we are seeing a real shift in the company culture. It’s super exciting what this system can do and we’re seeing it first-hand.

Pros

There are so many pros to Nextiva’s platform. We have been able to increase our business productivity, profitability and our communications processes, all with one new system. Nextiva have created an all in one platform that’s addressed our major communications issues and there have been a number of flow on benefits that we didn’t expect. It was really fast getting set up, our staff were able to learn the tools and get up to speed much quicker than expected. A lot of the implementation work was actually completed by the Nextiva service team, saving our team so much time and energy. Our costs have gone down, which is amazing and completely beyond our expectations. It’s really worth checking out. In the sales process we were able to understand and unpack which features we could use all with a simple demo call. It was all a lot easier than we expected. Oh I forgot to mention, we’re also using the Nextiva phone service. It’s been a while but we still love their VOIP product and the quality of the line from Nextiva is perfect, much better than our old provider. It’s worth having a look at if you need to explore phone services and want a more cost effective option without losing all the features and benefits.

Cons

I was involved throughout the entire process and I can honestly say there are no cons I think can of. Sorry, that’s not exactly helpful but for our business it was just a great fit technology wise.

Excellent support and priced effectively

Straight up, I partnered with Nextiva as I was looking for a good offering to bring to my clients who were unhappy with other local providers, most commonly Comcast's "Business Voice Edge" hosted VoIP service. I was introduced to Nextiva and have always been leary of hosted VoIP that doesn't come from the carrier you're getting Internet via. When you're on VoIP with your Internet carrier, there is usually a Quality of Service (QoS) type of system put on your connection that ensures general Internet traffic will not drown out your voice calls. This way you can blast Netflix all you want, the voice calls still go in and out first. Suffice it to say, I have yet to encounter major problems with voice quality and bandwidth issues. Support is amazing. The person that answers your call is the person that's going to resolve your issue. Right then. No callbacks. They are knowledgeable and friendly, and if they happen to not know an answer right off the bat then you get muted very briefly while they check in with someone more familiar about your specific scenario. Their onboarding process is simple, yet thorough. If your phone call flow scenario is complicated, they're going to fine tune that with you to ensure your calls are directed in the manner they need to be. They also began offering phone rentals this year, which I'll be honest more clients have asked for versus purchasing units. Rental offerings are cost effective and offer you much better warranty terms. Thanks, Nextiva!

Pros

Support is amazing! Everyone is friendly, helpful, there's no transferring around or long hold times. I have yet to have a bad support experience with Nextiva.

Cons

While it's a common practice in many telecom service offerings, once you make a purchase you are locked in for term. There's no option for turning down services if your company downsizes to save on expenses

A win-win for staff and customers!

The product offering is really compelling as it’s got the capabilities for enterprise level businesses without the cost and complexity of implementation. The service and support is also excellent and Nextiva are clearly invested in ensuring the success of their customers. Overall we’ve been very impressed with the work to date and the results too. It’s also a huge peace of mind thing for the board of directors as we have had to change a lot of systems over the last 5 years and that was a hugely time and money intensive effort. With Nextiva, it seems we’ve finally got what we need for both todays needs and the future needs we expect in the coming years. I would highly recommend Nextiva to other medium sized businesses who are looking for an all in one coms solution.

Pros

The Nextiva NextOS platform is helping our staff do their jobs better, and in less time. Within our Data team the reporting processes that use to take up 2-3 days of the week are now a couple of hour’s work. On the sales team side of things, the team are converting sales at a higher than average rate. On the customer side, the wait times are down and customer sentiment is improving. This is all in one single system. It’s pretty incredible.

Cons

I don’t know if I’m aware of any downsides of this platform. I guess if you didn’t want to know all the ins and outs of your business, then you wouldn’t want to have the transparency and information that this platform generates. Also, it’s a big job determining how to implement if you’re transitioning off other systems onto this one. You do have to invest in it to ensure you make the most of the capabilities. In our case we believe it to be a solid decision to set us up for the future.

A lot of features packed in a single platform - unbeatable

We have been very impressed with how much Nextiva thought of when they were creating NextOS, and are looking forward to seeing what other features are rolled out in the future that we may find useful.

Pros

Nextiva have really delivered a total single platform communication system – NextOS is a great product, that delivers on all fronts. We were running multiple systems and everyone needed two monitors and lots of tabs open in order to follow all our processes and capture the same information across multiple systems. We had tried to make it more efficient and streamline as much as possible, but when you are using multiple tools there’s only so much you can do. We always thought that was just the way it had to be, but once we found NextOS we realized we could simplify the entire business by moving to a single platform for all our business communications. Having everything on one platform has increased our data quality and the quality of the reporting, while also reducing the time taken to create those reports. It gives us a lot better view of our customers, what they are wanting, and the sentiment analysis is really beneficial. It’s saved all of our staff a lot of time, and new starters to our business always comment that it’s so much easier having one system that does everything compared to their other workplaces. We were impressed with Nextiva’s approach to training and followed their recommendations and we were pleased with how that went. It was a big change for our business but their high level of support really helped smooth out the process.

Cons

It’s a big change for staff when you are implementing a new system that they will be using for 95% of their work day. It replaced a lot of other systems, so the business change was significant.