All SurveyMonkey Reviews

1-25 of 9,499 Reviews

Rissa

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Pretty good, but not my favorite

FAIBREY

Industry: Farming

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

Cons

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is simple to use and it had great interface. It also runs frequent promotions that enable us to save.

Austen

Best Tool for 360 Feedback and Online surveying

This program has really helped my with marketing strategy. Although not every customer will respond, offering a "discount" of services if they take the survey offers the highest yield of respondents. I have always collected enough data to influence my projection reports with new campaigns or internal HR changes.

Pros

This program has been around for a very long time, and they continue to upgrade and polish their features. We use it in-house for HR purposes and also implement A/B testing with potential clients. My favorite aspect of this program is its easy user interface. This program can be easily used by beginners and/or experts. The design is intuitive and the survey questions are easy to set up. I especially appreciate the ease of importing email lists and exporting data results. Metrics are also configured for easy to read results, which makes it easier to justify the cost to my superiors.

Cons

For basic and intermediate data collection, this software is great. However, I would like to see more advanced templates for advanced users. With the premium costs, I would also like to see an option for direct design assistance with a specialist from SurveyMonkey.

Unsure Who To Blame ...

The idea behind digital survey taking is incredible, tech does soooo much for the modern world, but when it comes to surveying, marketing, or attempting to do any type of consumer data collection for means of attaining any type of accurate analysis, I dont know if we will ever have a model for selecting candidates that actually benefits and represents a person or company in the totality which we are seeking. The human psyche is astronomical, our decision making process is based on so many different factors that often contradict, none the less its still right, and sometimes wrong. In saying that, the ease of use is incredible, implementation and all things office & "paperwork" are a breeze, however I don't know if it would have been worth it financially to keep it around. Also the time it takes our staff to sort through the data and try to create a system for receiving more accurate results based on the information we seek is outstanding. Most people do not have the time that it takes to complete an in depth questionnaire without some sort of compensation. It will take a while to create a system that returns the results we seek, and that is assuming the survey taker is HONEST!!! Truly incredible. A huge task if you use the software for anything other than entertainment.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality for simple tasks or very basic data collection. Price. Easy to understand dashboard, mostly user friendly.

Cons

Results were not quite what we were seeking, and it wasn't until we used the software on our own did we find out the complexity behind receiving accurate data. We were being phased out when we shouldn't have been and took some time to figure out that maybe the problem lies behind what we are geared towards, the data we seek, and the problems we try to solve for people. Data collection dependent on societies psyche or judgement forming depends on so much, mostly their ideas and experiences in their reality, which may be wildly different than others, based on the same or different factors. So long story short our results were not what we were seeking and its extremely time consuming creating a model for accurate questioning.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

Popularity; a few other products were selected but I was on the team that worked with this software. It seemed like it had been around long enough publicly to trust getting accurate results. You will find that a lot of people still shy away from marketing or data collection. They want to be alone in their worlds, free of computers and information seekers lol. Some, very funny people. Its a huge project that maybe someone will master one day. How incredible would that be??? Its unimaginable. Truly.

November 2022

Great features, but Survey Monkey has become a heartless company hiding behind terms and conditions

After many years of being a subscriber, we decided to stop using their service. The annual renewal was not announced, and they charged us without notice. We should have turned off the auto-renewal in our account but did not. When we contacted customer service a few weeks later (not easy to do) they essentially told us "too bad". It didn't matter that we had not launched a survey in the past 10 months. No offer to prorate our annual subscription.We are a non-profit, volunteer-run service in our community, and they just screwed us on the way out.

Pros

This product is easy to use, and does a great job. Very professional appearance.

Cons

The product is overpriced for our ability to pay, and we decided we could no longer afford it.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

We just chose Zoho instead because it is more economical.

junsup

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

SurveyMonkey reviews

The UI of SurveyMonkey is excellent, and it is easy to use. Additionally, it frequently conducts specials that let us make savings.

Pros

The first thing I find appealing about their products is how responsive and user-friendly their website and mobile application are, allowing us to finish work quickly. Regarding features, I am pleased that it provides me with carefully constructed templates for how I want my questionnaire to seem. Since everything is already set up, all I need to do is input my inquiries and the kinds of responses I anticipate receiving. Before, there weren't many formatting possibilities for questions and answers, but now the vendor is making a lot of effort to make sure that everything is made simple for us. After deploying our questionnaires, grouping and analyzing only takes a short amount of time.

Cons

The only time I ran into issues was when I started to create a questionnaire using the mobile app and accidentally dismissed it before finishing. Since it did not save itself automatically, all of my work was lost, and I had to start over.

Ashley

Industry: Research

Easy to create survey

As a non-profit, I like that you are able to turn your subscription on and off, and use the free version if you are doing a basic survey. And to be able to turn off your subscription if you know you will not be using it for a duration of time. For the free version though, there should be more guidance as to what is included in the free version and what is not. For example I recently created a survey in the free version and when I was done I was informed features I used were not part of the free version. I had to keep going back to adjust the survey until all of the paid for features were out of the survey. This took unnecessary time out of my busy schedule. Not allowing you to choose features that were not included in the free version would have been ideal.

Pros

It was easy to follow the steps to create a survey. The options, multiple choice, single text box, etc gives you a lot of options to get the answers you are seeking.

Cons

When collecting answers via a web link it did not give the option to know who the survey was coming from when the survey was completed. It would be ideal, when needed, to be able to know who completed the survey, unless it is confidential.

Muhammad

Review for survey monkey

Very good and I will use again if required

Pros

Easy for comparison and with most advanced styling

Cons

Some features are old like old style format

Recommended from university

Yong

A Review for SurveyMonkey

Pros

It's smart surveys from start to finish.

Cons

Survey Monkey has a limited selection when it comes to survey customization.

Oluwaseun

Good Product

Pros

Email marketing feature is a great feature to reach out to multiple clients/customers to rate your product and to get their feedbacks.

Cons

Survey Monkey is a good software and i have not seen any downside of it yet.

kenaw

University lecturer

Pros

As a researcher, I collect data using different methods. Among them, survey monkey is the best method. It is easy and time-saving.

Cons

There is no difficulty to use. But, educated is advisable to use it.

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

The temples first and foremost

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Need larger volume of responses and more professional looking surveys to go up on our website.

Ömer Faruk

May 2022

If you report to multiple people Dashboard feature is a must have solution.

We have been using software for the last 7 months. Due to the nature of our field of expertise, stakeholder involvement has a major role in policy-making processes in higher education management. To be able to organise all surveys and polls in a single platform and to be able to report from multiple surveys in simple but effective dashboards is the selling point of Surveymonkey. As we design and implement surveys for our activities like online trainings or meetings, Surveymonkey helps us create different dashboards for the moderators to see their specific feedback without any hassle. We started implementing some quizzes to the system recently, and feedback from the test takers is very good.

Pros

Surveymonkey all in one survey tool for small enterprises and institutions. Reporting tools is unique among their alternatives. The ability to create custom dashboards for different users or managers is one of the key selling points of the software. You can create quick dashboards in minutes with the specific filtered points of the survey showing only desired parts of your survey. The best part of the dashboard is they are live and updated as survey takers take the survey. As some high-level staff may require instant reports, PDF and PPT reporting is a very effective and quick way to feed that kind of need.

Cons

Branding tools need to be improved. The ability to install your own fonts would be a great add-on. Accounts are accessible through two concurrent PCs. It is sometimes a nuisance to access the system from a new PC. Exam features are quite limited. Exam reporting and dashboard features must be added.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

Extensive reporting possiblities and custom dashboard features.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Limited responsive screen support. Reporting is only possible through 3rd party plugins or SPSS analysis

Ben

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

Pros

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

Cons

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

I think SurveyMonkey's ease of access, user-friendly interface, and affordability were all considered in making this the final selection for our organization.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Our desire to make the switch to SurveyMonkey is contained within the name; surveys. Wufoo was a little more form-dense, while SurveyMonkey was better for surveying and engaging our members and soliciting their feedback. It was simply a better fit for our needs.

Amy

Translating Member Needs into Useful Data

Our non-profit homeschooling group uses SurveyMonkey as a tool for members to voice their needs. Our annual Member Survey allows the Board of Directors to hear from the entire group about how the organization has served them in the past, and what they would like to organize in the future. Electronic polling allows members far and near to participate in the the decision-making process whether or not they can attend an in-person meeting. Project-specific surveys help narrow down focus, finances, and participation.

Pros

Survey Monkey allows our Board of Directors to gather input from members quickly and efficiently. Questions can be tailored to provide data that powers decision-making on behalf of a diverse group.

Cons

We struggle to share access to features across our group of 8. It is awkward to collaborate in the creation process when developing our annual Member Survey. It would be handy to have a group access function to enable our leadership team to contribute and modify questions communally.

Reasons for choosing SurveyMonkey

Survey Monkey nicely summarizes our data and provides useful, readable points of measure in terms leadership can translate into actionable results.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

We like the expanded question style bank and data-gathering options available in Survey Monkey.

Timmy

Superior to Google Forms

I use Surveymonkey in emails to determine best meeting times and practice. Also, our internal team leaves a survey active on our website so users can rate and provide feedback on our current software and patches.

Pros

I like that any Surveymonkey user can call their help center if there's some sort of problem or question. Nothing like that for Google Forms. Also, upgrading SurveyMonkey allows surveys to be hosted on websites, which is great for regular-recurring meetings.

Cons

I did not like the "custom" charts that were available for premium users. I was hoping to have more control over the type and aesthetic of the chart produced.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Google Forms did not have enough maneuverability and required too much direct link-sharing to access some surveys.

djaffar

Excellent Customer Service and an excellent application platform!

SurveyMonkey The reporting may be simple to use, read, study, or defloration to the extent desired. The response time might be excellent, and the survey parameters and progress bar are also useful. Very quick and simple to view insight. Apply is even better than my concept of the ideal scholarship management program. I never expected we'd be able to get that much in such a small box, and that's just the "light" version. Students could complete their applications online, staff could check the status of each application, and the review committee was able to accomplish their grading jobs quickly. Everything is at one spot. It appeared like it was built for us because it was so rational and we were able to adjust to it so quickly. That's fantastic!

Pros

For our applicants, SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process simple. Our internal team finds the review procedure to be painless. For numerous of our specialized programs spanning various sites, the payment integration is obvious. On accepted applications, we were also able to integrate with additional platforms. The Reports feature is fantastic. Customer service is excellent, with quick responses.

Cons

All vital information should auto-fill on the new application if an applicant has used the software in prior years for any of my programs. (Name, Organization, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, and so forth.) If I develop a program in the SANDBOX, instead of having to rebuild it, I should be able to transfer it to the live site after it's finished. There should be a way to bypass the need of having a confirmed email address.

Akshay