All VideoAsk Reviews

Darnell

May 2022

VideoAsk changes the game with such a ridiculously simple tool and mantra...

I was hooked from the moment I learned about this software (via Typeform). Being as conversational and authentic as possible is something I'm a huge advocate of in my line of work, so VideoAsk totally speaks my language. It's a terrific product and their support community is LEGENDARY. Two thumbs WAY up from me.

Pros

I'm currently using it to qualify leads and guide them to specific resources on my website, depending on what makes the most sense for their needs. Love the fact you can integrate it with Calendly so people can book sessions with you directly from the videoask. I'm also a fan of how foolproof it is to embed it within my website. I think the best thing about this software is that it allows you to metaphorically walk people through your website and give them a taste of your personality, which lowers the trust barrier because people can see your face.

Cons

It's on the pricier side IMO but there's not yet anything quite like it competition-wise, so it's hard to compare it to other products. That said, I think if you're getting hella conversions from deploying it, it's the type of thing that will pay for itself a million times over.

Pip

April 2022

Incredible Product

The overall experience with VideoAsk has been amazing. The team are quick to respond to any questions and they have gone out of their way to help me with very specific questions

Pros

I love that we can integrate our booing software directly into the VideoAsk which helps to really streamline the process that our leads are going through with us. I love that we can brand it to our ProjectBox brand including the way that it is designed and the messaging throughout. With a bit of planning it is incredibly easy to set up and integrate with our existing tools and the feedback that we receive from people about it is amazing. Our conversion rate for enquiries has skyrocketed using this software.

Cons

There is nothing I really don't like, the things that I had an issue with at the start have all been fixed. It can be a little difficult to remember where settings are for particular things but once you know, you know.

Reasons for choosing VideoAsk

I loved how easy it was to create a 'choose your own journey' experience for the people landing on our website and how we could brand it as we needed to.

Graeme

December 2022

its a simple yet effective solution for collecting and sharing video testimonials

Pros

I have been using videoask for a year now and I am really impressed. It is such an easy way to collect testimonials from customers and clients. The best part is that it's so simple yet effective. I don't think I could go back to the old way of collecting testimonials, which was so time-consuming and tedious.

Cons

This tool is amazing, I don’t have anything to complain about this tool.

Tara

It's just ok

Pros

I like the templates and would like to see more of those.

Cons

I use VideoAsk in my Typeform employee application, but the video size is so limited that many applicants are unable to upload their short videos. I also don't like that I can't change the order of the reviews that come or separate the video reviews from the written reviews.

January 2023

Great for onboarding

Pros

We use VideoAsk for our customer onboarding and it's been a great way to set ourselves apart from the typical onboarding experience.

Cons

Some of the settings are not where you'd intuitively think they are when setting up a flow.

Eyüp

VideoAsk EO

I realized that I made the right decision by trusting this software.

Pros

It is very nice to be able to create videos of my own brand. This way, my company looks more formal and engaging.

Cons

Some features and settings can be difficult to find sometimes. Other than that, most of the problems that I had bad experiences were fixed with the updates.

Reasons for switching to VideoAsk

I use some for video creation and some for editing.

Pedro

Super versatile

Pros

I love how easy it is to make it fit any purpose, from surveys, to upsell funnels.

Cons

I honestly don't find any faults. It's always worked as expected, and I find the UI very intuitive.

Reasons for switching to VideoAsk

Switched most of our typeforms over to Videoask because video allows us to ask the same questions, but increase the user engagement.

Burcak

Videoask responses

Pros

I like the concept of sending customers a video right on the topic which increases the response rate. I also like the connectivity with other products like shopify and with many other apps through zapier

Cons

I use the videoask gadgets in our shopify store. The popup shows in every screen. This means that even when the customer clicks on the "minus" sign to turn the gadget off, the gadget pops up in the next screen again. We could not adjust that functionality.

Audrey

May 2022

Interact with clients and leads in an innovative and personal way

I needed a way to assign small video homework tasks to my clients. This was the only thing on the market that really offered what I needed.

Pros

It's so easy to get going! All of my users and staff managed to learn how to use it really quickly. I use it for e-learning and it's been a game changer.

Cons

The price increases based on the minutes you consume, it can be difficult to manage the budget this way.

Reasons for switching to VideoAsk

Previously I was using audio based options only. The management of the files was clunky and it took much more time to set up. The user experience was average.

Gian

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

December 2021

I am very thankful for the very quick replies of the customer team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

Videoask has a lot of diverse features. It can be customized to your needs. Their API is quite powerful as well. We use it to share quests in gamifying travel experiences.

Cons

The minutes, I would say. Since we are doing it primarily for video quests, it really will consume more minutes since we use videoask as a creative experience for our market.

Reasons for choosing VideoAsk

I think Videoask provides a robust solution compared to other platforms that offer fancy editing. There are tons of features that are really cool. My only request is perhaps have a technical team to assist users like us who is after the technical features such as APIs. :)

Geordie

VideoAsk just works!

Overall, VideoAsk is near perfect for us. We've been using it basically since launch and are yet to be let down. It really has fundamentally changed the way we hire employees in the best way.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use. As a national entertainment business with an HQ in one city, it's awesome to be able to audition new hosts all across the country using VideoAsk. It totally changed our hiring process. Our audition rates are through the roof, and the quality of hires has increased as well. It's intuitive to use, and can work with our automation software to get instant updates when auditions take place etc.

Cons

It's not the most complex system every created, and there are some features that are paywalled behind more expensive plans - but for what we need we're not really missing out. The closed captioning of videos isn't always accurate, but it's easy enough to change. I wish it could be a bit more consistent, or you could train it to recognise brand names etc.

Bryan

Industry: Mental Health Care

February 2022

Allowing for Innovation in Mental Health

Support- awesome, quick response to questions. Sales- struggled initially as a start-up and needing a BAA for function- which was going to require being on an Enterprise plan. But VideoAsk changed policy and was able to secure BAA on a lower tiered pricing plan which was phenomenal news.

Pros

We use with mental health assessments. So much better to have a patient respond to a person asking intake questions, instead of using generic forms. Response has been amazing. Video Ask allows us to work: creatively, logically, and efficiently. We put them to the test with 80 question assessments with multiples of guides, meaning we manage over 5,000 questions, and we have found this easy to do. We can work quickly, we haven't ever lost completed work, and feel fully supported by VideoAsk/Typeform. A true blessing they do BAA's

Cons

We did struggle with one of their beta implementations. VideoAsk to Google Sheets reliability wasn't where we needed it, but they were clear it was a beta function and they helped work around using webhooks.

Reasons for switching to VideoAsk

VideoAsk gave the 'wow factor' we were looking for.

Juan

Gamechanger for Online Educators and Coaches

Excellent customer service, excellent added features over time, easy to use no-code tools. It's been amazing!

Pros

What I like most is how seamless the experience is for the user. This increases engagement and the likelihood of them responding and following through. It removes the pain points from communicating asynchronously through video, and allows teachers and coaches to keep the conversation going beyond the usual live conferencing platforms.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features have acted up from time to time with minor bugs, but the team has always been super helpful in solving them as quickly as possible.

Reasons for choosing VideoAsk

It was the only product that allowed me to create the product I wanted to create (sending seamless time-constrained video challenges via email)

December 2021

High conversion rate and high costs

Pros

Sending the briefing to my clients became much easier, now they respond in full, the videos made a whole difference

Cons

You won't be able to apply many times as the limitation for the free version is quite big. You will need to pay for the tool to make the most basic uses, as the limit is quite low.

Reasons for switching to VideoAsk

growform agency plan is more attractive

Using for Employee Communication and Engagement

We found that VideoAsk was a perfect solution to help automate our Monthly Safety Training. Before using this software, we would pull everyone into our University and go over a training powerpoint. Now, our employees are able to review the training on their own time and we are able to download responses/attendees rather than do so manually with pen/paper. We have shared this software with our sister companies and some have adopted it to meet their needs. Next steps for us would be to use this as a communication tool for our external customers.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation. Preset options are easy to replicate and you are able to receive immediate, real-time feedback.

Cons

I am not a fan of the customer service only being through VideoAsk... I get it, but it would be helpful to have a hotline/email for a designated sales or engineering representative. Our company has over 850 employees, and we use VideoAsk strictly for internal communication. It would be nice to have fully customizable dropdowns or text entries that we can change (for example, I don't need their email, but it would be nice to have their department as a dropdown).

Reasons for choosing VideoAsk

We heard about VideoAsk from Butler Tech (a partner of ours). They enjoyed it so much for recruitment, we didn't look elsewhere.

Julie