Browse Faithlife Proclaim Reviews

Sheila from simplySHE design

Industry: Graphic Design

Proclaim worship presentation software is an excellent solution for any size Church!

Overall, I'm quite impressed with Proclaim. It has changed our worship service by Leaps and Bounds, and made me more efficient getting my work done during the week. There are so many features yet that we have not even begin to scratch the surface on, but I'm excited for the future in hopes that we will dig deeper and begin to use them.

Pros

What I love most about Proclaim is that it is so intuitive with the layout and how things are put together. It doesn't take a computer genius to be able to lay out a presentation. Also, the person left to run the presentation during the service needs to know nothing more than how to Progressive slide forward or backward. It's really that simple! Proclaim is even made it super simple by integrating our work subscriptions, Bible versions in scripture, along with song lyrics within the software. It is literally a one-stop-shop. What used to take me over 2 hours to do in illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint, I can now get done in about 30 minutes and Proclaim. The customer service is also outstanding! Each time that I have emailed them, I've gotten a reply back usually the same day with a personalized email addressing my specific question. No Scripts or faceless reply to

Cons

One of the things I like least about this software is the dependability of the sinking upload feature. I can work on a presentation at home, and press the sync feature leave my laptop open for a couple hours, and it still won't show up on the church computer several days later. We end up having to share the actual presentation file through Google Drive in order to make sure that everyone has access to the file that they need. I wish that there was a way that I could actually see the progress of a file being synced and know what it is 100% uploaded and ready to collaborate with. The other thing that I don't like about the software is that all the art, song lyrics, and in-depth Bible study stuff are all extra subscription cost. Period. In addition to the money that is spent each month on Proclaim itself. For a small church, this can be quite an expense and not everyone is able to pay it. The church that I attend is about 30 to 40 people on a good Sunday, and they do pay for the Proclaim software, but I end up having to pay for all the artwork subscriptions myself just so that I don't pull my hair out trying to put presentations together. The basic artwork included with Proclaim is lackluster at best.

Matt from IBM

Excellent choice for church presentation software

Proclaim is a great package and highly recommended. It's getting better over time and works well for our church.

Pros

Proclaim is multi-platform and has a cloud-based component, such that it's easy to create service presentations at home and then use them at church. All that's required is that the Proclaim software is installed both places and logged into the same group. Overall, it's pretty easy to use and many things are obvious to find and use. It has enough customizability that it should be usable by both small and large churches alike. Service content is editable in a freeform editor, with changes instantly previewed on slides to the right. It's super easy to see how changes affect what will be displayed to the audience.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the song database and organization. You can't organize songs into different collections, nor can you see all of the songs in your database in one place in order to do organization, cleanup, etc. When you pull in a song to your service order, you are editing that song everywhere it might be used, so you have to be careful about changing verse orders, words, attribution, etc. Additionally, song titles must be globally unique within the church group. In other words, you can't have two songs named identically where one is a congregational version and the other is a choral version. You have to differentiate somehow via the name. Faithlife has indicated they are working on a major upgrade to the song organization features, so I am hoping that this gets much better in the near future. Editing backgrounds, adding images, and editing smartmedia is a little confusing at first, so it really takes some getting used to. This aspect of the product could be made better.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaim struck the right balance between power/features and overall complexity. We especially like the ability to edit things from anywhere and then sync them to production machine.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

SongShow Plus is getting long in the tooth, has not kept up with modern software engineering practices, and has become generally slow, buggy, non-performant, and is a UX nightmare.

Michael from Ledbetter Road Church of God

Great Product... easy to use

We have used some other products in the past and Faithlife seems to be the most stable of all that we have used. We've never had any issues using it at all. It is fairly easy to use and get set up as well.

Pros

We love the ease of use. I can edit and update presentation slide from number of locations and then sync them in the cloud. Additionally, the presentation slides can tie in to an electronic bulletin on a member's phone.

Cons

They update the software fairly often - that's a GOOD thing. But, the program loads up first and THEN tells you it needs updated instead of just updating it when you open it. Seems fairly benign but it loads slow on initial opening so that takes some extra time. Just minor inconvenience though.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

We didn't look for others as we had experience with ProPresenter and it was just too much money. We get more bang for the buck with Faithlife Proclaim.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Faithlife was more cost effective and less buggy

Lisa from Los Fresnos Church of Christ

Not too happy at the moment.

Pros

When the program was running with ease. Although I have been working with this program for 2 year, although I still didn't know all of the ropes to it, I am able to quickly find information on my own in order to implement new jobs that are requested of me.

Cons

About a month ago, I have communicated with a CS regarding my inability to get any posts to actually load and post to my personal page as well as our Church page- I am a moderator and have access to do so. CS was able to assist me with the complications the first time finding that my account had been flagged as potential spam; I haven't done anything different recently; never encountered an issue in the past. a CSR was able to troubleshoot the issue and I was granted access only to find that I was once again unable to post anything the following day. I reached out to a CSR once again and repeatedly through e-mails and only received a reply that they had received the second e-mail with the issue but never received assistance or a resolution. I also asked for some suggestions as to what I may have accidentally done wrong so that I might can fix it to no avail. It has been 21 days so far. (I am able to access and use all other features; the only issues are with the sharing of our information, daily verses, daily devotionals, links and church service reminder posts) My pastor has full access to our main account as well as his account and IS able to post with no issues. I have created another account and awaiting for my pastor to grant me permissions to our main account. I don't feel like repeatedly creating multiple accounts in order to use the site is something I should do.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Hi Lisa, thank you for the review. I'm so sorry for the experience you've had. We'll reach out promptly to try and resolve these issues.

Lei from Cumberland County Community Church

Why We Use Proclaim

Faithlife Proclaim has solved our projection issues. It is easier to build our Presentations as well as having the ability to use non-technical volunteers to operate it. Our Sunday Morning Presentations have been seamless.

Pros

Proclaim is web-based so everyone on the team has access to it wherever there are. It has proved the easiest Projection System that we have ever used. Even first time users have no trouble catching on and running the program. Proclaim continues to improve with new features. It has a generous amount of images for backgrounds, it includes surveys, games, announcements, and it becomes a digital bulletin with a Connection Card. Changes can be made while 'on air', videos are easy to import, the song database is easy to use. A light board can be connected to the songs themselves.

Cons

So far, after 2 years, we have not experienced any cons

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

We became part of Faithlife Equip and Proclaim was included. The pricing for everything was excellent. Proclaim's ease of use convinced us.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaim was easier to use.

Jason from Pine Hill Baptist Church of Cairo, Georgia, Inc.

Proclaim Native-Cloud Ease

I used Proclaim for several years but switched to another product during the COVID pandemic due to the other product's ability to stream a service easily. I came back to Proclaim for performance reasons, and I had to do some interesting things with OBS to create a stream that included live video and slide data from Proclaim. Since Faithlife has finally created an alternate slide screen where I can modify the slide data with live video in the background, I absolutely love Proclaim.

Pros

I love the fact that Proclaim is natively cloud-based and any edits I make to a service presentation are instantly replicated to any other device with Proclaim on it. I also love the responsiveness of the slides to slide changes. It doesn't matter if the background is an image or 50mb video loop, the slides change is instant. I have used other product that have a .5 sec - 2 sec delay and you wouldn't think that makes a difference but in song lyric changes or during a pastor's sermon it's an eternity.

Cons

The feature to stream directly to a RTMP feed from a Mac. This has been available on the Windows platform for a while, and I have been patiently waiting for this for several months now.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Presentation performance and native cloud-based replication.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

I used ProPresenter for several years on a Windows platform. Back then ProPresenter was always said to work better with a Mac, so I changed to Proclaim. Then COVID hit and I decided to take the plunge and completely swap back to ProPresenter on a Mac platform. Soon after that ProPresenter went through a major revision and seemed to change directions to be more Windows friendly and I was having performance issues with my Mac, so I changed back to Proclaim.

Cornell from Metro Assembly of God

We Love It!

We love it! And we are hopeful that in time, it can be used to meet all our presentation needs in a way that's suitable for us.

Pros

We love the fact that our team can collaborate on the software from various locations. This makes things so much more easier and efficient.

Cons

I think for us, there's probably more that we could be doing and/or using the software for. So we just have to continue to learn about it through using it.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Cost, ease of use and the collaborative capabilities it has.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Cost, ease of use and the collaborative capabilities it has.

James from Westside Church of Christ Fort Dodge IA

Growing with the times

This has been a time saver for me and allows me to spend more time in other areas of ministry too.

Pros

Proclaim since we launched it continues to grow with the times. It has made our media presence known more and that was especially helpful during Covid-19. The importation process is easy (for I write in Sermon Editor). I love that other team members can work within Proclaim even at the same time and everything will be in sync.

Cons

I wish there were additional options for graphics on the slides, more PowerPoint type of options. I know I can transfer PowerPoints in, but would rather have everything in one place.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

The ability to have everything in one place including the recording ability.

Rob from Presbyterian Church of the Covenant

Very versatile worship software

When Covid hit, we had no experience having our worship service online. We'd used another worship software for a long time, but Faithlife Proclaim made it much easier for us to transition to offering worship in person and through our livestream and integrate media throughout.

Pros

As a small church with a limited technological setup and expertise, Faithlife Proclaim has been a wonderful tool - especially as part of the overall Faithlife Equip digital platform (which is where it really becomes useful). There was definitely a learning curve when we first started working with it, but now it's fairly simple to set up our worship media each week. My favorite aspect of the program is how it connects with the rest of Faithlife Equip - sermon audios are automatically generated and published to our website, slides are easy to construct from events on the calendar, etc.

Cons

We had a few glitches early on, especially with the sermon recording - not sure what the problem was, but it seems to be fixed now and we haven't had any problems with it in months. The only other issue I have with this software is that there are a few types of slides that are not as customizable as I'd like them to be.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

We switched due to the fact that we could integrate our worship software with an entire digital platform - our website, enewsletters, online giving, livestreaming, etc.

Stephen from Valley Christian Fellowship

You Guys Are the BEST

You know that feeling when you show up for a test that you've studied for all week and you walk in and it's all multiple choice? That feeling that so much of the work has already been done for you and you only need to fill in the blanks? That feeling that so much time that you've spent in the past stressed and working until the last minute and now things are just So. Much. Better.? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Pros

Proclaim is intuitive, links with other Faithlife products, has practically every feature I could hope for, and I keep finding new features almost every week! Your training and resources have been stellar and your cloud-based approach has made the work load easy to distribute for my team. Keep up the good work!

Cons

I'll have to get back to you on that. Do you realize this links with Logos so I could control it WHILE SPEAKING? I don't have to because I have a team for that, but I COULD! Proclaim is awesome and just keeps getting better.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaim is better, faster, cloud-based, integrates with CCLI, has unlimited downloads for my team integration, and have I mentioned the bible trivia?

Rebecca from First Church of God

Love the integration with our Website

Our church chose to purchase the bundle subscription with Faithlife, including media (Proclaim), website, online giving, interactive communication with members. Instead of paying for separate licenses, we pay one annual fee. Overall we are saving a lot of money. The new features of integration is the biggest plus.

Pros

Faithlife Proclaim makes putting together a Worship Service a breeze. First, it integrates with CCLI, so all songs are automatically imported. I then format the songs to my liking with a plethora of background options. It also automatically records the portions of the service with a simple prompt in the outline, for example - the sermon. Once the sermon is recorded, I can edit it, title it, and automatically publish it on the church's website, recorded with the sermon slides. The announcement slides are automatically published on the website as "Bulletin." Proclaim is very easy to use, and there are so many tutorials to answer almost any question.

Cons

I have no criticism. I am still learning, but the available tutorials make it a breeze.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

The integration of all products is what sold us.

Tim from Sunshine Ridge Church

What a versatile product!

It wasn't until our church had to go entirely virtual last March that I really grew to appreciate the features and functionality of Proclaim. Other platforms don't have the ability for at-home collaboration and require that users have to be on the licensed computer to edit. Proclaim has been versatile and useful for our church and continues to get better.

Pros

I think one of the best parts of Faithlife Proclaim is the company behind it. If there is a feature that I haven't understood I have always been able to get the help I need. Several times now they have made updates that have made our overall workflow much easier. For example, the recording feature became a very useful and appreciated feature, cutting lots of time off of our service editing each week.

Cons

If you use the chords on the confidence monitor, there is no ability to edit size and font, this has been a bit of a frustration, but not significant.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

I am also a Logos user and had really enjoyed my experience with Faithlife, so making this choice was very easy.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

It was not designed for church usage so it was very feature lean and difficult to edit.

Aaron from Church of the Redeemer

Easy to use church presentation software

Wonderful experience, makes my life as a pastor much easier. I love that even if no one is available to run the program on the computer, I can control it on my iPhone while I preach or teach.

Pros

The ease of use is fantastic. I can put together a presentation with beautiful graphics in under 30 minutes. I can also reuse presentations that allow me to save even more time since I only to swap out a few elements. I also love that it can automatically record and stop recording audio based on cues.

Cons

While there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of beautiful graphics available, but still, sometimes there are no images that go along with a song or any other item.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Media library and recording options.

Barb from Coe Church of Christ

Review of Proclaim Presentation Software

Faithlife Proclaim is allowing us to merge several things together in one presentation. This is a big plus for us!

Pros

The software is easy to learn and the interface is very user-friendly. I am especially liking that it can be used on multiple computers by the team and the changes are saved and synced. The integration of a preservice loop allows us to play our Family Life News and automatically go into a countdown to signal start of service-love this feature. It is easy to import graphics and use them within Proclaim. Overall, very satisfied with the software.

Cons

When the program opens, it doesn't always open the most recent service. We have to specifically open the current Sunday's service because it opens the previous week's service. Possibly we are doing something wrong in this respect.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Ease of Use, ability to merge several things together, installation on more than one computer

Michelle from Central Baptist Church

So Glad We MAde The Change!

We are very, very pleased and grateful to have found this solution.

Pros

We had used a Church Presentation product before that was glitchy and non-intuitive. We recently made the switch to Proclaim fro Faithlife and could not be more pleased. The learning process was simple. As a volunteer Worship Arts leader, using this software has reduced my time commitment considerably each week.

Cons

Getting the hang of creating or customizing the Smart Media was a little challenging, but worth the learning curve certainly.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Cost was certainly considered.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

IT was convoluted, poorly supported, and failed to work properly on many occasions.

Raymundo from Galena Bible Church

Awesome Church Presentation Software

I’ve had a great experience with Proclaim and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a church presentation software. I’ve used ProPresenter for a number years before Proclaim and I’d still recommend this product for most churches. The UI is much more intuitive.

Pros

The volunteers who run this at our church love how easy it is to operate. Although the user interface is intuitive, it is able to do SO MUCH. We have begun to automate our lighting system through the presentation (between worship and preaching, post and pre services). We also have it setup to overlay text to our livestream setup. This is an amazing product and Faithlife has great customer support and actively update their products.

Cons

The scrolling in the software is sometimes “choppy” but it doesn't affect the use ability.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Price and needed it to be up to date. Proclaim also includes monthly background slide updates.

Daniel from LifeSource Adventist Fellowship

Great option....

Pros

I like not having to be tied down to multiple licenses. It allows for remote use...amazing

Cons

I'm the pastor, so I only focus on the uploading of sermon material...I also have LOGOS, so it's a win win .

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Price and didn't need multiple licenses

Rick from The Ridge Bible Church

I'm so glad Proclaim found me.

Love it. I don't want to consider any other presentation saoftware.

Pros

With our prior presentation software, I had to build the worship service songs at church on Saturday night and that took 1-2 hours. With Proclaim I build it at home in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

I have found some of the tutorials confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

I saw a demonstration at another church and was very impressed.

Tim from Glasgow Wesleyan Church

Best Church Presentation Software Available!

We have been thrilled with Faithlife Proclaim and influenced at least 12 other pastors to use it. I even hosted a MEDIA MATTERS TECHNOLOGY TRAINING teaching others how to use it effectively.

Pros

Scripture - Import formatted Bible verses quickly and easily! Unlimited Use - May be used on several computers simultaneously! Digital Recording - Effortless audio recording of any part of your service corresponding with slides! Song Lyrics - Attractive slides for hymns, choruses, special programs,all with audio track option! Backgrounds - Quality still and motion graphics available! Sermon Notes - Highlight important points of the message for better engagement and retention! Announcements - Easy to loop customized announcements before, during, and after service! Collaboration - Multiple persons may edit service slides from various computers, and all changes are synced automatically! Video Clips - Inspirational illustrations, missionary presentations, seamless announcements, children’s stories, student ministries, District or Denominational updates! Remote Control - Advance slides from your iPhone, iPad, or Android (with Wi-Fi). Custom Fonts - Import any fonts you use within your system. Sign Feed - Send looping announcements to any display in the foyer or even an outside sign. Events & Promotion - Easy to copy and paste any screen shot for Facebook, E-mail, Bulletin, or other media announcements.

Cons

Sometimes a bit slow to load the REUSE ITEM command (due to so many service items) even if you narrow it down to type of ITEM and put in key words.

Justin from Westlake Baptist Church

Great software

Our church enjoys using Proclaim. We made a switch from another software that wasn't as user friendly and that you had to pay for updates to get new media. It allowed us to start a podcast with the messages to keep our church members connected even when they couldn't be at church.

Pros

The amount of features that come with Proclaim, how they update and send out new media each month, the option of creating things for other Proclaim users to use or for us to use other church's creations as well. Love that it is cloud based which allows Mac users and Windows users to work on it without having to purchase anything else.

Cons

That there are so many options to choose from with good media that have a monthly price.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Price, new media availability each month, and the fact that it is cloud based so that multiple people can work on it no matter if they have a Windows computer or a Mac.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Price, features, and ability to create a podcast straight from Proclaim

Melody Kay from Marikina Foursquare Gospel Church

Solid choice if you just need the basics

Good choice for now, as I have not found a similar option that is cloud-based at that price point.

Pros

A lot of functionality available with the product . We particularly love how it is cloud-based -- meaning, we can work on our production sets even while at home or remotely. This makes Proclaim very "portable". Also enjoy how we can set templates and organize media easily. The readily available graphics also are helpful for quick updates. Appreciate how we can set different output per display screen, and how easy it is to do overlays with foreground/background setups.

Cons

Some of the functionality require other Faithlife apps to be fully utilized (e.g. giving, signals, etc). Would be great if they can be integrated with usual apps that users already have. We have some issues with playing videos sometimes -- as it randomly does not work. May need getting some used to with regards to shortcuts and buttons. With the functionality available, there's quite a lot of learning to be done. Also tried contacting customer support twice and did not hear back from them at all.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Needed a cloud-based option at the price point.

Luiz from UCKG

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A very good option

Overall it is the best experience I have had using this kind of application. It has a cost but it is worth the price.

Pros

What I like the most is the fact that I can prepare all the material in advance from anywhere in my laptop and when I come to the church to use, it is there and it works.

Cons

Some times is har to control it remotely. I use my phone on he pulpit or a tablet but it dosen't work all the time. I would say 8/10 times works fine.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

They layout was more clear and user friendly and the cloud service is included and works for me. No extra costs for the remote control app as well.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Some features that I need it such us playing videos and etc.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Luiz, thank you for your feedback. We're glad you've found Proclaim helpful. We are continuing to make updates to the remote app, hopefully you'll see improvements with the experience in the coming year.

Buck from Hannon FWB Church

Takes Your Worship Service to a New Level

The worship service should be done with excellence so that everything works together to support the central message, not to detract from it. Faithlife Proclaim provides the tools to do just that. It has allowed us to take our entire worship service to the next level. It's not a magic pill. It takes effort, but it makes it much easier and automates a good portion of the process which otherwise would be multiple steps.

Pros

Faithlife Proclaim centralizes everything you need for church presentation software into a single package. Not only does it gracefully provide features for the songs, announcements and preaching but also includes pre and post-service loops. So here are my favorite features... Presentation is saved to the cloud. Work on it from anywhere (work on it at home and retrieve it at the church). Multiple people can work on the same presentation (the song leader can work remotely on the songs while the pastor works on the sermon slides). Provides a large media library of both static images and motion graphics. This includes sets that you can pull in all at once which can help get you going quickly. There is also a powerful search and filter option to find what you need. In addition your information about your church (website, social media, etc...) is added to the slide dynamically where needed. There are several ways to automatically pull in scripture and it looks amazing. The slides can automatically sync up with an app so the congregation can follow along, view scripture in their favorite Bible version, and interact. Ability to record the slides and audio and easily publish at the end of the service. They recently added live streaming capabilities as well. Powerful integration with Logos Bible Software, Faithlife groups and your Website. It can work with Faithlife digital signage which can provide feeds in other places throughout the church and beyond.

Cons

I have been in Information Technology most of my life so it was fairly easy to setup. However, for the non-technical person they will most likely need to get some assistance when it comes to hooking up audio recording and setting up some of the other integration. This is probably true with most church presentation software packages with similar features.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied October 2020

Thank you for the review, Buck! We're so glad Proclaim has helped you in your worship services. I'll be passing on your feedback regarding the integrations back to the team. - KK

Peter from Elim Church Leigh

Industry: Performing Arts

Everything in ONE, easy to use package

Our overall experience has been great! We've loved making use of it, and will continue for the foreseeable future.

Pros

We originally moved to proclaim because of the ease of use. Everything is so clearly laid out and really well labelled. Gradually features have been added at just the right time. Our sermons are now recorded using proclaim and immediately uploaded to our website! We regularly used the Pro Media package, but even the free media was exceptional. One super useful feature, is how easily Proclaim connects to songselect and other databases. We make full use of the ability for multiple team members to edit presentations. We're still figuring out all of the features, but it's been incredible to see how the software has developed over the years and all of the features that they've added.

Cons

On occasion, it can feel like features have been implemented but not totally thought through, however, this is usually fixed very quickly as users feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaim was the most straightforward piece of software, our volunteers were running presentations on their first week, and adding items to the service. Now, the feature list is so great that we would struggle to switch!

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

We needed to upgrade to the new version of Mediashout to continue using it, and our machines were struggling a lot, proclaim worked well on our machines all those years ago!

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied October 2020

Peter, we're so glad you found Proclaim easy to use and helpful for your ministry!

Brent from Wake Village Church of God

almost "sliced bread"-worthy...

When I migrated from Powerpoint to a display software (EasyWorship), there was a learning curve that was a challenge to overcome for training other people to use and set up components of the service. We ended up only using it for song-words, PW part of the service, and swapping back to PPT for the message. With Proclaim these challenges were alleviated. and even streamlined with little extra training. pre and post loop are created by someone. Our service-presentation templates allow then for the MOM to set up the PW and hymns, and I can do the message work. And all at the same time, if needed.

Pros

There are many features and functions that I like most. however, if I had to pick one thing, it would be the ability to digitally record the audio with the slides as a "movie/show."

Cons

over the last couple of years, I have had a bug crop up that comes and goes, and I have not been able to make a root cause analysis, other than to say that nothing else on my system is affected when the symptom happens. The symptom is that a vide slide will not play/launch intermittently. that vide will play in a video app, and nothing else seems to be affected. so that's the thing I like least, is that this intermittent issue causes a lot of frustration.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

TRAINING availability, support, record audio with the slides.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

I didn't switch until the recording feature was available. So, it was that feature that allowed me to justify making the change from a stand-alone application that we own to a subscription-based system. It was a very difficult hurdle since we almost never needed any support for the product, it was extremely difficult to justify the monthly/annual expense.

Ryan from FBC Lockport

Great product at a great price!

Overall, my church and I have been very pleased! Customer service has been excellent, and the product itself runs great.

Pros

The software offers several intuitive features that are excellent for small to medium churches. Many of these offerings, if priced individually, would be hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Additionally, the level of automation and integration makes the creation of new presentations a breeze. The included media and graphics also help to make a nice looking presentation.

Cons

While cloud syncing is excellent for all of my team members being able to contribute their individual parts of the presentation, it does struggle if the internet connection is not great. I wish there was an added option for a church to switch to offline so that internet connection speeds had less of an effect. This has caught us a few times with moving backgrounds and pre-service countdowns when our connection speeds were slow.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Price and integration with other products offered by Faithlife

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

The previous software did not have enough options for our needs and tended to nickel and dime us to add those options.

Trey from Harvest Bible Chapel Rochester

Proclaim: A Great Cloud-Based Presentation Solution

They have been very pleasantly work with and responsive.

Pros

The ability to install this software in minutes on an unlimited number of Macs or PCs is invaluable. Even more so, is the ability to work on a presentation with multiple team members simultaneously from remote locations. Cloud syncing is a huge plus of this software. The user interface is straightforward and intuitive; so much so that you actually feel inclined to use the software and be creative while doing so. The ability to edit a slide real time while not going “off air” is great.

Cons

It does lack some of the customizability that more complex software, like ProPresenter, provides. It would be nice to send true transparencies out instead of needing to key a background color out (having more background color choices for keying would also be great). Sometimes the presentations can be a little laggy when scrolling, but this is by no means a show stopper.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Affordable, supports Mac and PC, unlimited installs, clean/modern UI, and is cloud based

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

We needed a cloud based solution that was affordable and effective.

John from Park City Baptist Church

First time user in Church

Overall experience was great and simple to use from a preaching perspective.

Pros

The pros of this software was that it housed all items needed to launch overhead media and quick access to Bible. The ability to prepare songs with Song Select, and control sermon content and images was easy especially if one has access to the remote app, you could control your sermon slides from the pulpit using any device

Cons

If using one device, say laptop, in the control room, we could never "see" what was coming next once we were "on air". We tried multiple ways but could not get a preview image on a single laptop.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Ease of use for the novice

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

All inclusive housing for sermon slides, song select, CCLI, etc

William from Community Baptist Youth

I am REALLY excited about this software, just WOW, however...

I got super excited about this software. It has made me realize the potential for easily increasing productivity, quality, and integration. However, as I mentioned in the cons, it is a bit of a letdown when several of the key features don't work quite as advertised. This being said, there is a lot in this software and if the Proclaim team will keep working to improve, I will be using the software for as long as I can imagine.

Pros

Makes adding songs, references, and sermon slides crazy efficient by integrating lyrics, clouds, backgrounds, calendars, collaboration, all under one intuitive software. Plus, it allows you to take presentations to the next level with a confidence monitor for the band, and interactive features such as questions that can be answered on your phone and more.

Cons

Many of the features I got really excited have in practice been a let down. For example, adding chords to the confidence monitor is a big deal! But, the 'key change' feature just doesn't seem to work. Another let down was the remote app. For one, you can't download it to windows devices (like surface) AND if you try to use it to write on verses the verses are blurred on the remote when using the 'real bible' feature.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Honestly, I checked out Proclaim and didnt really look at any others

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Worship extreme was limited and not intuitive. PowerPoint is very inefficient.

David from FBC Bonners Ferry

Perfect for Churches

Pros

Cloud based - can edit on one computer and present on another great pricing options easy to implement and use great features

Cons

nothing it is aa great product and haven't noticed any real negatives yet

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

better overall fit for us/cheaper

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

better options and easier to use

Joel from First Baptist Church

pricey but powerful

Team management has made this program extremely beneficial. Unlimited downloads allows each team member to download on their own device to add their content.

Pros

Proclaim integrates with other Faithlife applications like Logos, Sites, and Groups

Cons

I have had issues with importing powerpoint presentations, especially when on a Mac device.

See above comment.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Switched from just using Powerpoint. Also tried Mediashout and Easy Worship. Integration capabilities played a large part, but also found it more powerful yet intuitive for videos, lyrics, backgrounds, etc.

Leah from Eastside Baptist Church

Great price and amazing quality!

I have truly enjoyed using Proclaim multiples times throughout the week at my church. It is such an easy program to use and to teach others how to use, yet it gives you amazing quality as well!

Pros

I love Proclaim from Faithlife for my church because it is a easy to use program that offers countless ways to make your media look the best by far! This software allows you to create your content on your own and also gives you hundreds of thousands of already create d content. You will never use Proclaim and be dissatisfied with the products, tools, and resources it gives you. There are also hundreds of video tutorials, helpful articles, and great customer service available! I have never been disappointed in what this product has to offer.

Cons

The only con of this software is that you can only project content from one computer instead of being able to use multiple computers or desktops to project your media.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

This software was highly recommended to us by multiple people and churches. We have had great encounters with people from the customer service and the price is a very good price for all that is given to you.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Thank you for leaving a review, Leah! We're so glad you've enjoyed using Proclaim. As far as projecting from multiple computers, you are not limited to the number of times you can download Proclaim, so you can have it any computer! You'll just have to set up different outputs for each of those computers. If you want to discuss further or have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support center! https://faithlife.com/church-support-center

Sam from Cross Culture Community Church

Fantastic Presentation Software

Pros

We have really appreciated being able to use the Proclaim software for preparing visual elements to include in our times of worship. This is so much more than a lyric display software. The resources that Faithlife has already prepared and the tools that they give you to customize those images allows you to do all of your work from within the one piece of software if you are willing to learn to work within that framework.

Cons

Some things have been a bit difficult for people to figure out because it wasn't intuitive to how they thought. After watching the videos people have figured out how things work within the software and everyone has been able to make good use of it with minimal training. The training videos have been very helpful with that.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

We were wanting to integrate all of our church software to streamline the process from planning and creating content to presentation and distribution.

Enoc from New Birth Church

Great Software for Any Church

Pros

I love the ease of use. Our Church got up and running with the software almost immediately. Our church was using Powerpoint as our lyric slides. This has been such a huge help. The graphics, backgrounds, videos are all amazing.

Cons

I cannot really find a con for this product as it has been nothing but good for our Church.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Love how anyone can work on the slides from there own homes and work as a team while communicating in the software.

Upgrade

Richard from Hawkeye Seventh-day Adventist Church

Proclaim software for a small church

Proclaim has been very good for our church. Now that the need for a live stream has become essential, Proclaim plus OBS has made it relatively painless to have both the speaker and the slides on the screen at the same time.

Pros

I first started using Proclaim because I needed the ability to see my notes along with with slides but yet show just the slides on the screen. PowerPoint will do this but Proclaim has so many more features and the options are continually upgraded. I use Logos from Faithlife for my sermon creation exclusively. the sermon editor in Logos seamlessly transfers my notes and slides directly into Proclaim. Then I just have to tweak the slides as needed. Because it is cloud based, the worship and or song coordinator can put the song slides in separately as their part of the program. This is only the tip of the "iceberg" as far as the options that are available and continue to improve. A big or small church can use this program efficiently for their service. The pricing relative to membership is a big plus for our church.

Cons

The software has come along way since it's beginning. You will need a steady throughput of 3-5 mg or more from your ISP for it to work efficiently. Although, it is possible to present offline. A good share of the bugs that I was having have been worked through by the Faithlife staff. I really have no complaints at present.

Price and options.

Lee from St Andrew’s Kinson

Proclaim

Preparation for gatherings now so much easier and collaborative.

Pros

Love the functionality and ease in which Proclaim software makes our Worship Presentations. The quality of visual templates is amazing. The help and support available when needed is second to none. We have a number of people contributing on any given worship gathering so Proclaim gives us a great collaborative tool.

Cons

Although there are ways around importing PowerPoint slides, a few more transitional slide features.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaims functionality and user friendly options far surpassed what we had.

Mark from St Stephen's Presbyterian Church

Great Cloud Based Projection Software

Proclaim is a robust solution to our weekly data projection needs. While not cheap to purchase, quality comes at a price and so Proclaim represents good value for money. I have never known Proclaim to crash during a presentation which has always been one of my fears.

Pros

Proclaim manages the data projection in our church. I love the way the software handles various types of media seamlessly. No third party software required. The ability to edit or insert service items on the fly without disturbing the live presentation in another great strength. We sometimes need a last minute person to run the software. Proclaim is so intuitive to use I can grab someone with basic computer skills and they can manage the service presentation.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about this software.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

At the time of comparison, OpenLP simply did not have the feature set, struggled to handle some media types, and lacked stability.

Madison from First Baptist Church of Cambridge Springs

Industry: Online Media

Great product

Faithlife proclaim has been amazing in our church. It has given us so many opportunities to share our sermons that we would not otherwise have had.

Pros

I love that I can work from any where. The cloud based storage is great for working on the go or at the house. I no longer have to be at the church to create slides or finish Sunday's presentation. It also has tons of great features like the recording cues, which publish your sermon automatically to your site! It is super user friendly and I have trained three other volunteers to proficiently use the software.

Cons

There aren't many aspects that I dislike about this software. There are sometimes when PowerPoints have not loaded correctly and audio has not transferred to the site correctly. Overall, these are fairly insignificant when considering the product as a whole.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

It was becoming outdated and did not have any cloud storage available. It could only be used on one laptop and was becoming more trouble then it was worth.

Nate from Rudyard Christian Reformed Church

Great Small Church Solution

This solution helped us get ready to go online with our services and was easy to implement.

Pros

The ability to work remotely from multiple devices and have it sync to the main computer used for presenting. Ease of developing high quality slides.

Cons

Not being able to fully tailor a single presentation for different screens (in house vs online/virtual).

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Cost and ability to work remotely and have things sync to the presentation machine.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Easier to format slides. Ability to add other controls.

Steve from Supply Baptist Church

Faithlife Proclaim

Overall we are quite happy with the software. It has given us the tools to make a polished and professional presentation in less time.

Pros

Proclaim software is easy to install, intuitive, has a well designed gui. In our time of using the software so far it has been practically trouble free. The program is under constant development with new features being added and existing features improved regularly. There is an extensive and flexible set of tools for creating slides and other service items that allows freedom of design. The software comes with a large set of free media for use in presentations that is regularly added to.

Cons

Customer support is sometimes difficult to get in touch with. There is no single location for documentation on using the software like a user manual. It is in bits and pieces and requires a lot of time going through the website, videos and forums to learn the ins and outs of the software. Support relies too heavily on videos for training and support. You have to watch a several minute video (sometimes over and over) to learn what could have been done in a few paragraphs that could be printed if needed.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Price and other integrated tools such as the website

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

In addition to Proclaim, Faithlife offered a suite of tools that are beneficial to our church.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Thank you for the feedback, Steve. I'm happy to say that we're working on gathering a manual of sorts for Proclaim, so hopefully you'll find that helpful.

Stephen from Grace Bible Church of Hutchinson, KS

Proclaim for Youth Ministry

On the whole, I have really enjoyed using Proclaim and it has brought a level of professionalism and ease to presenting information to the students in our Youth Ministry on both Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. This has been a fantastic tool!

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate a slide presentation made on Apple Keynote into an overall Sunday morning presentation. I can produce my sermon slides and they can easily be added to the slides for the songs that we are also sining that morning.

Cons

It can seem a bit daunting at first; but honestly, this is easily overcome. Proclaim seems to be highly intuitive, actually.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

When I started this position, Proclaim was already in use by the Youth Ministry. I initially was hesitant to embrace it but quickly saw just how easy it was to use and grew to love it!

Philip from Nazarene church

Faithlife Equip

The platform ID easy to use and makes putting together a service order a breeze. The slides are impressive and the announcements are easy to make and use.

Pros

The range of helpful tools and services is impressive. The different programs work together well

Cons

Needs more introductory videos that sell the benefits to members.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

More features better suited to a church service

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Problem integrates more features and is cloud based

Justin from Alvin MBC

An All-In-One Solution

Pros

Proclaim’s stand-out feature is convenience. Being cloud-based, it allows our team to work from wherever they are. The sermon recording feature makes our podcast unbelievably simple, and the smart media helps us to create diverse, professional slides with ease.

Cons

The features for live streaming, like only showing the foreground of a screen, are not quite ready for prime time. There is also no way to pick channels coming off of a device like a digital sound board for sermon recording.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Pastor Justin, thank you for the feedback. Glad you've enjoyed the Proclaim's cloud-based ability and smart media. We're continuing to make rapid updates to our features for live streaming, keep your eye out for some new product updates coming soon.

Luc-Olivier from Eglise des Uttins

Un logiciel de projection pratique, mais en anglais...

Globalement, l'expérience est bonne. Ceux qui ne maîtrisent pas l'anglais finissent par s'y repérer. Il manque un choix de Bibles en Français (seul celui qui possède Logos et qui a acheté des Bibles peut en faire bénéficier les autres du groupe).

Pros

Les diverses fonctionnalités, les possibilités de projection "multi-écran" (pratique pour le streaming). Le fait de pouvoir collaborer, chacun chez soi. Les liens avec Logos, ce qui permet d'avoir des Bibles, des médias de ce logiciel. Il est simple d'éditer des chants, de mettre des versets bibliques et de reprendre ses anciennes slides.

Cons

Le logiciel est en anglais, tous les médias sont aussi dans cette langue. Les possibilités de créer des médias sont relativement limitées et il manquerait des fonctions (rognage des images, recadrage, ajout de formes, etc.), cela oblige à utiliser un autre logiciel pour créer ses médias avant des les importer. La gestion de PowerPoint n'est pas bonne (il faut transformer les slides en image). La base de données des chants n'est pas accessible (difficile de supprimer des doublons).

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Je l'avais déjà utilisé dans une autre église.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Proclaim permettait de tout avoir dans un seul logiciel.

Robert from Sunnyslope Church

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Helpful Software!

FaithLife has helped us to do a better job of making our AV presentations at our church more attractive, and easy to use. It's also improved our ability to create quality sermon slides.

Pros

Our church began using Proclaim about a year ago. We've found that it makes collaborating between myself (the pastor) and the AV team, as well as our administrative staff so much easier.

Cons

There are a few features where the usability is not as intuitive as I'd otherwise like. I had to hunt around for certain features. Also, the text editing (for slides) isn't always as easy as I'd like.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

Power Point was difficult to use for what we are trying to do. Slides took too much work to format -- and Faithlife is simply a better product -- more adept and customized for church use.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Replied January 2021

Pastor Robert, thank you for sharing how Proclaim has helped your church! We'd love to learn more about the pieces you don't find intuitive, we're always looking to improve. Feel free to reach out to our support center with this feedback. https://faithlife.com/church-support-center

Eric from Grace Fellowship

Professional presentation

Overall the program is wonderful and really changed the ease of running our worship service. We could not do everything on Sunday without Proclaim.

Pros

I like how professional everything looks. Being a small church we could never produce the slides that we use. The slides help to present the message with appeal while also highlighting important themes.

Cons

I have not come across anything I absolutely could not do without but it would be nice to be able to integrate websites and have access to control them. I have wanted to play a video for a website but could not because once the website is added I could not press play.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

The integration of everything in a single platform.

James from Sovereign Grace Church

Proclaim is a great presentation software

It’s been one of the best purchases that we’ve made for our church services.

Pros

The ease of use and remote collaboration of Proclaim is very good. On the fly editing and additions are also very easy.

Cons

All the basic features are fairly easy to pick up, but going beyond that can be a bit of a steeper learning curve.

It’s cheaper.

Felipe from Igreja Presbiteriana de Barra do Pirai

Much better than Power Point for Church Services

Pros

The models help a lot if there is no graphics designer in your team.

Cons

I think 90% or more of the media is English only and I live in Brazil.

The same as above.

Reasons for Switching to Faithlife Proclaim

The customizes church related media, the great animations and Logos references integration.

Josh from Kings Mills Baptist Church

Helping Church Share the Gospel

The integration with CCLI has been a huge help in song lyric look up and licensing needs.

Pros

This software is easy to use and maintain. Once you have a template in place, we simply replicate the template and tweak each week swapping out songs and sermons. The ability for multiple team members to edit is a big plus as we use a team to contribute weekly.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the timing of upgrades...there have been times it decides it needs to update on Sunday morning. Which for a church is the worst time possible. So if they could enable some way to prevent updates on Sunday that would be great!

Features and price

Lonnie from Spangle Community Church

Superb product and product support

Our young people who run our church’s soundboard learned the process quickly. As pastor, I’m upfront so don’t really do the live-streaming part. We have three different groups/people who lead worship, and they can insert song or announcements into a service from home.

Pros

We implemented the use of Proclaim on a moment’s notice due to churches being shut down in Washington state due to COVID. We needed to purchase a couple pieces of equipment to live-stream, and once we had everything the techies at Proclaim support walked us through the process. They were patient and helpful. Prior to live-streaming we used Proclaim within the church and the learning curve was easy due to the tutorials online. We like the simplicity and ease of putting the service together.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve as to where OBS ended and Proclaim started, but that was overcome quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Faithlife Proclaim

Due to the pastor being familiar with Faithlife products, primarily Logos, we immediately went to Proclaim. The tech support that Faithlife provides is outstanding.