All Synthesia Reviews

Juri

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Best choice for AI video in learning programs

PROS

Ease of use. Quality of avatars. Easy video editing

CONS

AI Voices of smaller languages (Dutch) are not there yet. (But are improving)

Sue

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Saves time & money

Saving time and money creating professional training materials.

PROS

This tool is easy to use and allows the user to create professional productions cheaply and quickly. It integrates well with other tools, and I am able to pull in elements from other AI and creative tools. I am also able to use materials produced on Synthesia as components of productions created using other tools and platforms. For me, they most attractive feature is how it speeds up production time and lowers production costs. Need an edit? No problem. The whole process is smooth and quick. The AI narration voices include some very natural sounding voice options. The AI scriptwriting tool is great. It allows me to move outside of my normal "voice" as it comes up with creative ways to phrase ideas. I am a big fan of Synthesia!

CONS

The music options still need a bit of refining. I would like to be able to search by mood, tempo, or genre. I would also like the option to fade the music by a certain percentage at specific places in the scenes. I would like to be able to have the music automatically adjust around the speech, with a continuous track for the whole presentation. At the moment, I add music to the final production in using video editing software. Some of the AI avatars are a bit twitchy when you have a pause in the narration.

Reason for choosing Synthesia

Synthesia is one of my tools. I also use Articulate Storyline 360 and Adobe Creative Suite. I looked at several AI video tools (can't remember the names), but Synthesia was the best.

Ola

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Olas review

PROS

I like that it’s so easy to use and you can make awesome videos with no knowledge about video editing before. It’s also good that me as an owner of a company can use it to promote my business and not have to stand in front of the camera.

CONS

It can take a lot of time to generate the videos. And often you have to refresh the page to work.

Yanqiang

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

innovation tools for e-learning creation

PROS

Synthesia is professional video creation tool at a good price.It let me focus on content instead of video creation. I can spend more time in writing articles, talk to other people. It make education become more independence.

CONS

unfortunately, up to now Synthesia do not support two avatars in one scene.Dialogue is special useful when explain some complicate circumstance. I strongly recommend that the develop team consider this funciton.

António

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

After two years of using Synthesia

So far it has been very good, both in terms of tools and support, always willing to help. I think that explaining my products through videos, since they are complex, has made it easier for both customers and sellers to understand.

PROS

Synthesia makes it much easier to communicate with employees or customers by associating a human image with the message we want to convey, without the need to hire actors, translators, etc. It is without a doubt a tool that will be present in the future of communication.

CONS

Initially the main problem was the lack of editing capabilities, I ended up having to edit the video in another editor to finish it, I think that this point has improved a lot, but it could be improved with the insertion of two blocks, a starting and ending block, to start and end the video, because practically all videos open with either a logo or a message.

1 employee

Synthesia Review

It has helped me a lot in the realization of content and has streamlined processes in this.

PROS

the new tech, the novelty of being able to work with one of the first industries to carry out this type of avatars and they are very well achieved, although it is obvious that there is still a long way to go

CONS

the price and I use it in spanish and I feel is not as good the movements of the characters that in english

Rachael

E-Learning, 1 employee

Realistic Avatar Creation

PROS

As an eLearning developer, I enjoy the natural-looking avatars in the Synthesia platform. The mouth animation with the words looks organic and realistic creating an immersive e-learning experience.

CONS

The lack of Australian voices. While there are a few, they do need updating to stay competitive with other AI platforms.

Kathy

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

a new way

It's fun and it works - THX

PROS

Now it's easy to get in touch with customers without showing them your "nose" immidiatly

CONS

sometimes you need to generate first to see if it fits- so you maybe spend money for nothing...

It saved our project

Reviewed October 2023

Great product

Great experience so far. Product will mature over time I assume.

PROS

It's easy to use with lots of options to select Avatars, Accents, etc.

CONS

Price is on the higher end. Some Avatars are not natural.

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Amazing Exprience!

PROS

The interface is easy to understand and navigate. I love how previous versions of projects completed are saved in the workspace.

CONS

Hmm, Sometimes the Ai voice can sound a bit robotic and might have bad pronunciation.

Reviewed September 2023

PROS

The AI avatars and text-to-speech are very professional tools for video making.

CONS

The video generation sometimes fail for the first time, but I don't see anything big as an issue

Antonio

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Great for digital marketers

PROS

Easy to edit and build new videos in different languages

CONS

Not much flexibility in integrating other functions and limited in terms of templates and look & feel

Heidi

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Very Pleased with the software

PROS

We have been using Synthesia for over 6 months now and are pleased with it. In the time that we have used it, they have regularly made improvements and upgrades to it, so it is even better now than it was when we first started with it. We have used it for many purposes- presentations, Facebook ad videos, YouTube FAQ videos, and more.

CONS

The AI movements have improved but still have some weird quirks and room for improvement. Also, the pronunciation of certain words is odd, even when you tell them specifically how to say it.

Stefano

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Stunning Authoring tool

Great tool, great opportunities, excellent templates, examples and how-to

PROS

Output quality, Ethics and dedication to professional use, professional and sustainable development and support

CONS

I'm not able to switch easily to a corporate account. Let's see how it goes.

Best quality

Ben

Design, 1 employee

Made a huge difference

Been very positive overall and hoping to use the work done so far as case studies to offer this service / kind of work to other clients

PROS

Has helped my international clients tremendously. We’ve been able to standardise their training videos and localise them for international markets at a fraction of the cost and time of having to remake them all each time we need a new iteration or launch in a new market.

CONS

As we’ve made more and more clips it is now becoming more complicated having to find the right clip. Removing the screen limit in videos would save me having to have multiple versions of different chunks of videos (where I’ve jumped up against the limit and had to create a video in two halves and assemble in post production)

Gregory

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

Synthesia continues to improve their Avatars

Excellent.

PROS

While there are competitive products to Synthesia coming on the market, the Avatars in Synthesia continue to get better all the time. Any video you produce becomes indistinguishable from a real-life spokesperson. An example was showing a video to a person and her asking me if the spokesperson was a friend helping me. She thought the person was an excellent presenter. When I told her it was AI, her comment was, "God help us."

CONS

I haven't found anything I dislike. The product is that good.

Animation, 1 employee

Top notch AI

It's the best AI i have used. Most are no where as realistic as Synthesia

PROS

It's easy to use and edit and quick. Everyone wants a job urgently.

CONS

I have not found any minuses about this software

Reason for choosing Synthesia

Good price, good quality results

Reasons for switching to Synthesia

overall much easier to use and far better quality in the end result

Tatsuro

Research, 1 employee

Powerful tool for internationalization

PROS

I can easily create high quality videos in English. This is very important for people in non-English speaking countries.

CONS

Trimming original video is not very easy. It can be that it's just I don't know the available functions.

Peter

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

World class video creation with AI

All my elearning content is now being upgraded using Synthesia

PROS

I've found this to be an easy tool to use for creating good quality educational videos

CONS

Nothing not to like! If anything, a couple of English voices from black people

Robbie