Browse Shift Reviews

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Keeps My Browser Windows Under Control

Shift helps me keep organized, both personally and professionally, and allows me to go back and forth between applications without losing my mind.

Pros

I'm the type of person who tends to have multiple browser windows open, and Shift helps me stay organized and keep the number of browser windows open under control. I use it daily to check my many email and social media accounts, to chat via multiple message apps, to keep track of my personal and professional calendars, and to attend to basic business and even personal tasks right there in the same browser, from Trello to my home budgeting software. It keeps everything all in one place and prevents me from losing my mind. When I see colleagues struggling to find the right tab in a sea of many browser windows, I always suggest Shift as a way to help them keep their browser windows under control as well!

Cons

I have noticed that at times the software can be a bit laggy. When I know I need to do intensive work, say in Google Docs or something, I will open the document in the default browser in order to prevent a delay. This is not usually a problem with basic email, messaging, or other simple tasks.

Christopher from Gilead Sciences

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Love your Product, Except

I do not need to have multiple applications open to find out what is going on, Social Media, Email, internal SLACK, School applications, webhooks, git hub all in one location means that I have only a single

Pros

Ease of use, simple. I love having all my social media sites, emails, Cloud Locations in one place. The add-ons for all the tabs really helps. I like that I do not have to have all my browser windows open.

Cons

At the start before the update in July 2019, MS Teams worked really well. NOW, it does not work and locks up the application completely, to the point that I have no choice but to remove it from my shift. The lack of 64 Client is also an issue, I am sure with an i9 CPU processor the use of more than a 32-bit application has its limitations. But, I wish it would use more of the active CPU usage so that I can utilize this.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

Too costly and no integration with my needed application.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! We're very happy to hear you love having multiple apps in one location in Shift. Are you still having an issue with MS Teams? If so, our support team would love to hear from you: https://support.tryshift.com/new.

Harel from Simplex hotel marketing

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Focused web browser

Pros

It has nice UI which helped organized the applications integrated with shift; It has desktop notifications; it loaded on windows startup;

Cons

The application looks and feels like a web browser, and less as a native app. Sometimes I find myself asking why just not use web browser instead. Also technical problems (bug, crashes, blank pages) occur from time to time.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

I needed an app for monitoring my gmail account with desktop notifications. With emphasis of faster experience.

Zane from The Indigo Company

Simple, Effective, and Worth Every Penny!

Gosh, where to begin. I loved the software the minute I watched the promo. Thought it was too good to be true, then tried the free version and then fell in love and invested in the pro version - BEST MONEY SPENT. Been using it ever since I found it in early July. GREAT feature and keeps me focused and productive. LOVE LOVE LOVE the software!

Pros

I love how it cuts down on my CPU usage. Chrome takes lots of memory and Shift seems to do the job with 1/3 of the power. I love how I can have my Whatsup, text messages, and emails all in one spot. LOVE IT!

Cons

I would love if we can have the mute notification for longer than 24 hrs and also enable that on more than just the email.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

Not very organized. Didn't fix the CPU usage issue like Shift does.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear that you love Shift. It is possible to mute notifications for up to 99 hours and 99 minutes and it is possible to mute notifications for mail, calendar and apps. If you're still having these issues, please feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) and have our team solve this for you.

Bartłomiej from Future Mind

Very usefull and convinient tool

Great for everyday use, simple in setup, and helpful.

Pros

It has tons of applications integrated that allow for setting up all work in one application. The concept of workspaces grouping different tools around for example specific project helps focus and keeping everything organized.

Cons

For personal use, it may be perceived as pricy.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

To have visibility of all notifications and work-related stuff in one place.

Paul from Boop! Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Sign-In Issues

Pros

I have four business accounts I can see at once, switch between calendars and files, and get notifications all in one place. I hated having multiple windows open in my browser and having to switch between tabs.

Cons

I am having to sign-in to my accounts and authorize shift to access my info too frequently. I don't have to do it this often online. Once approved, shouldn't Shift be recognized by Google?

Reasons for Choosing Shift

Kiwi was not as functional. Shift allows me to have the same interface within each application and feature as the web - which is really nice.

Hana from Rivvly

The Concept is Great, Quite a Few Bugs

Overall, the value of Shift is outweight the cons. I hope they remedy the MacBook usage dilemma because it often slows my computer down.

Pros

I manage a dozen or so email addresses and Shift does a great job with letting me access all of the accounts in one space. A couple of years ago, we sent a request for Shift to integrate with Lastpass and they integrated with it pretty quickly, which is helpful with password management of all of the accounts I juggle. I also love that Google Drive and Calendar work well right there in the platform very well.

Cons

Shift is quite buggy. It freezes often and takes up a lot of CPU memory on my MacBook. It often makes my fan start spinning quickly to cool my MacBook down. Microsoft Outlook doesn't work as well as Gmail accounts, so I still use a browser for Outlook. I like that it integrates with Dropbox so you can save email attachments in a Dropbox folder right in the app. However, in my experience, several documents that I would save would end up not saving even when indicating it was saved. I would not find out until weeks later when looking for that document. The thing I dislike most is the option to have external links open inside of Shift or your preferred browser. I would prefer all of my external links to open in Chrome, but this preference will also apply to Google Suite products. So if I open a Google Doc or Spreadsheet, it will open in a browser instead of in Shift. That gets annoying.

Tatianna from Cybrary

In love at (Second) Sight

I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work. I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly. With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

Pros

The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

Cons

It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Greg from New Frame Creative

Shift saves significant time and works well. Not quite perfect, but still a winner

Overall very positive. It has saved me considerable time and has changed the way I use my computer each day making moving between the software platforms I use most frequently a breeze.

Pros

The ability to keep multiple software platforms open in one screen that ISN'T my web browser is why we're using Shift. Moving effortlessly between multiple Slack channels and Monday.com alone is worth the price of admission for our company. Bringing in email and other platforms is icing on the cake.

Cons

The fact that the email can only be setup to work with major platform email systems like Gmail and 365 is frustrating. I would also like to be able to NOT have this software pull in Gmail but there doesn't seem to be a way to turn that off. I use Shift for a lot of things, but email isn't one of them.

Torre from Hooked On Code

Great concept, cumbersome in daily use

While I did try to use Shift (the paid version) for over a year, it just was never as efficient as it promised to be due to some annoyances like having to sign in constantly to various apps / sites, and becoming the default browser for links opened from within Shift-connected apps. I basically just stopped using it and have gone back to using a work-only user on my computer to eliminate distractions.

Pros

I love the idea that all of my work apps being in one 'workstation' so to speak. It makes it easier to eliminate distractions and stay focused on work, as well as keep different apps organized together and at your fingertips. It integrates with darn near everything.

Cons

Shift seems to be incapable of keeping accounts logged in the same amount as a normal browser, leading to the frustrating need to sign in again, constantly, for apps you're trying to use efficiently. Plus, if you click a link from an app in Shift (for example in an email checked via the Gmail tab in Shift), that link is opened INSIDE OF SHIFT, not your preferred browser, which although it sounds like a convenience, is often strange and unhelpful.

Daniel from BoulderThinking

Industry: Executive Office

Shift is a time saver and a life saver

I have used the paid version for years. It is fantastic. Everything I use all day in one central location. No more open tabs and jumping between tabs or apps. Simple and elegant!

Pros

Shift allows me to get more done in my day and has helped me to increase my productivity. It is well thought out and so easy to use and deploy.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have a feature I don't like.

Kyle from SageMedia, LLC

Industry: Online Media

IMAP E-Mail System Would Be The Cherry On Top

Overall the experience has been very beneficial to the productivity of our operation and simplification of the many different accounts and applications that we have to use with our variety of clientele.

Pros

The ability to switch between so many Google accounts and additional applications has saved me countless hours, at this point probably days worth of time, allowing me to become far more efficient and effective with my consulting firm.

Cons

As a consulting firm we will be assigned e-mail accounts within a clients domain for short periods of time during our contracts that are not always a gmail based e-mail account, but just IMAP accounts. We currently use Spark as our e-mail client and it's frustrating that the only option within Shift to manage multiple non-gmail accounts is to pay for another subscription model, instead of being able to use Spark, RoundCube, or another free e-mail client. The program has had issues from time to time with how it handles toggling between different accounts. When switching between Asana companies it will open a new window instead of working within shift. At times Google Sheets will try to open in the web browser instead of a Shift window, even with the settings set for Shift window. While these issues do get addressed at updates, the seem to continue to randomly happen as the app is used.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

Shift was more built out at the time to handle our needs. Might be making a switch to Station though as they have an integration with Outlook that can provide us the workaround we need for our IMAP e-mail accounts.

Carley from Cosmick Technologies

Overall Shift has been perfect

I rate this software a B+ / A grade essentially. I am very happy. I have not added in a ton of applications such as evernote, and zoho. I really am just happy with the email aspect part of my day to day.

Pros

I have 5 total emails. 2 of them are office 365. You may ask, why 6. We we are a company that develops strategic relationships with other Marketing Agencies, and we are required part of a white label to communicate part of other teams. Having multiple emails is a crucial part of our operations. Originally I used Kiwi, but Kiwi only supports Gmail / Gsuite accounts. 3 years ago I had everything in outlook, but calendar appoints was horrible. Shift allows me to keep everything in front of my eyes with all email accounts. I am very happy with Shift, and several of our team members use it. if your happy with the Gmail interface, but have multiple email accounts. This software is exactly for you. Look no further, because I spent years trying to find a Windows Based desktop application to manage my emails. Before Shift I have multiple chrome logins and browser tabs open for Gmail. I was missing emails, and everything was out of sorts.

Cons

The only issue I see and experience is sometimes having 6 accounts in Shift my emails are about 30 seconds to 60 seconds delaying incoming. Not the end of the world. The other issue, is about 2 times a weeks one or all of the accounts prompt me to re-authenticate. A little bit of a pain, but not a deal breaker.

Gene from ToplineMarketing

My New Dashboard for Everything

I started out looking for a solution that would let me run multiple Gmail accounts without having to log out of one to log in to another. Shift did exactly what I was looking for.... and more. Simply by clicking an account icon, I could switch between Google accounts and have full access to ALL services in that Google account. Pretty soon, I was using Shift as my primary email client. Then I started using it as my interface to all my GDrive accounts. Then I discovered that I could add other common apps. The latest update added a built in browser. Now, I am pretty much using Shift as my dashboard for most of what I do online. It's a marvel of design that combines simplicity, ease-of-use, and powerful functionality into a single window with multiple panes. This is the front end tool that Google would have designed if it had done a better job of understanding how its products were used in the real world, i.e. multiple services across multiple accounts, combined with frequent use of other apps. The only problem I have had is that they frequently update the product, and one update became incompatible with my older MacOS. But the support people were super helpful, and within a week or so they had come up with a patch to fix things. At this point, Shift has become a more important tool in my online activities than Google Chrome, and that says a lot.

Pros

- intuitive, simple user interface - ability to control multiple accounts in multiple apps without signing in and out - seamless integration with Google mail, drive and other services - ability to add practically any app that I might use - works on both my WIndows and Mac devices

Cons

- would like a little more flexibility to customize the gmail interface - have had a couple of issues with newer upgrades not working with my older MacOS

Damon from Winsor Consulting

Shift Review- Nice but room for improvement

Overall it has been used daily so it has to be pretty good. I experienced some bugs in browsing on the reddit extension and customer service was helpful and prompt but it still doesnt handle tons of loaded content as well as a browser.

Pros

Nice to have a place separate than browser to keep primary correspondence/instant messaging apps... both because it means that my browser does not need to be logged in and because I don't have to log into individual accounts. I like that you have the ability to open links externally and that apps maintain full functionality within the tool.

Cons

Some of these are particular to me, but I will start with the general stuff: - Design related... Would be nice to have a bit more customization around themes/colors/size of tabs/placement of tabs. Also the "+" button under the email accounts is a bit distracting and not necessary since I don't often add new email accounts, and often click on it accidentally. Also would be nice to be able to order your email accounts and other accounts without having to keep the primary accounts at the top and the others at the bottom... this also makes it very space inefficient since there is a big blank space between them. -Features... Not sure if this is possible given the amount of apps you plug into, but a mobile version would make this much more worth the money- frankly a game changer. Additional microsoft services would be nice... excel online (I know I can do this in the browser from the email but separate would be cool)

Justin from Fractal House Management

Shift is an amazing time saver!

I own a recording studio and I also run an artist management and consulting company. So I generally have a ton of emails that I have to keep up with as well as utilize a lot of applications and plugins with them like Hubspot and Grammarly and a ton of other programs like Gchat, asana, Buffer, Slack and a ton of others. So being able to see everything at a quick glace has been an enormous time-saver for me! It is something that I have up every day and is basically the core of my workflow. I've recommended it to several other people in my industry and show it off as often as I can. Now that I've joined the referral program, I'm really gonna try and show it to as many people as I can. Time is money in my line of work so I know if it is able to make me more efficient, then it can help just about any entrepreneur

Pros

I love that it allows me to have all of my emails and main applications that I use on a daily basis right there in one easy window where I can easily see any notifications. Giving me that quick glance of everything saves me a ton of time. I really love the all email search feature. Running a few businesses makes it hard sometimes to remember which email sent which item so that helps me track stuff down very quickly.

Cons

I know at least for me. Running a MacBook on 10.13.6 with great specs, it still seems to be a heavy resource hog. But I am using a ton of the applications and integrations with it. It does tend to log me out of several of my email account every few days for some reason. But I am unsure if that is a specific Shift thing or something to do with Gmail.

Philip from PLCMusicMaker

Industry: Music

A Company that Knows Where It's Going

In my opinion $100 per year is negligible to be able to search across all your work platforms and re-organize your work environment. That said, some readers may not have money to blow in which case Shift is not for them. If you are looking for a free option that consolidates email and apps, don't despair. There are apps like Franz and Rambox to name but a few. These apps are similar to Shift in many ways but offer more options in terms of their free versions. If you are professional willing to invest in an app that may well save you time and money in the long run, then this might be a perfect fit.

Pros

According to their website, "Shift is the desktop app for streamlining your accounts, apps, and workflows." and if you watch a tutorial video you'll see it does exactly that. On the free version you can add two email accounts and 1 app account. Thus, the free version is ideal for someone who only has two Google accounts but still wants to consolidate things. The pro version costs less than 100 dollars; $99.99 per year; that's roughly $8.33 per month. It's the pro option where Shift really shines. Pro allows unlimited email accounts and apps along with the ability to do a unified search across all accounts and apps. Customers willing to pay for pro can truly streamline their workflow into one highly efficient system. Shift also offers a Team version, but you must provide details and ask for a price quotation.

Cons

The only con is that some people, like me for instance, might fail to notice the fine print and think they're getting all the pro features for free. The free version doesn't offer anything that most mail clients can't already do. As such, it seems like the free version only exists as a means to tempt the user into buying the pro version where things really happen.

Sara from Wartooth Designs LLC

Work Every Penny!

Shift helps me just jump into whatever I need, FAST. At any given moment as a small business owner who has at least 20 different things going at once Shift helps me get it done. I could go on and on about the individual uses I get out of Shift. When you run everything on your own you need all the help you can get.

Pros

It's all right there. No opening and accidentally closing browser tabs, no hunting down bookmarks or even wasting a few second typing the beginning of a website to get where you need to be. I manage multiple email accounts and use several different applications to communicate with clients and manage my business. Time is something I can never get more of so when it comes to tools and saving time even as a small business owner Shift is extremely valuable to me. Between the extensive collection of apps and browser extensions, everything is right at my fingertips. Just a few seconds can really add up over a day/month/year... It's worth EVERY single penny to me!

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Shift except the short lag getting notifications through my Gmail accounts. I will get a ding on my phone before I get a ding in Shift. It's minor but that is the only thing I can think of that really would be anything annoying.

Scott from TEAMTRI

SHIFTed to the Next Level

I work with many different clients as a Youth Leadership Education Coach, this means balancing many different GMail accounts. I need them to stay seperate, but access them individually quickly. Shift helps me do that. There are at least six additional applications that I work in every day to manage projects, schedule, documents, finances, etc. All of those are connected within one dashboard by Shift. Having it all in one place helps me stay away from YouTube and other social media (though you can connect those applications to!). I truly feel that my work has elevated because of this tool.

Pros

I LOVE SHIFT! Given me ease & convenience of having my many email accounts be in one place Ability to connect my email and project management tools Navigated the distractions of web browsers, it was too easy to wander over to social media/amazon. Now I can have it within the one tool - including links to google docs/dropbox documents It really has helped me elevate my efficiency and time management so that I can get more done.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything that hold me back because of this tool. Perhaps allowing me to change the background color of the application tiles? I know I can change the color that shows when I hover over the tool but being able to see that color before hovering/clicking could be helpful.

Matthew from Clatsop Community College

Shift has optimized my life!

Overall, my experience has been incredibly positive. I am looking forward to starting my second year with the membership and fully maximizing the increased efficiency. My peers marvel at how I am able to balance all of the various commitments and work that is required and I owe so much of that to Shift. As someone who works remotely from my co-workers, communication is vital to be effective in my job. With Shift, I am always at the top of my game!

Pros

The ability to manage several accounts and applications simultaneously from one desktop has increased my production dramatically. I serve on several boards and have positions that require monitoring as many as 8 emails. Shift has given me the ability to easily move between accounts and constantly keep my pulse on what is happening in my various roles. I like to operate with maximum efficiency and be very timely with my responses and Shift has allowed me to be at the top of my game at all times.

Cons

This is a nitpick, but I am someone who likes to have zero unread emails in my inbox. The hotkey to make an email read is Ctrl + Q. However, that is also the hotkey for closing the application. So I will frequently close out of Shift and have to re-login which is inconvenient. I also find that the logins will frequently expire for emails I do not check daily and it can cause issues where I am not aware that new messages have arrived since the inbox is not updating.

Useful App

Pros

Shift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).

Cons

Shift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.

Ryan from Wellman Psychology & Associates

A Jack of All Trades Application

Pros

I love the ease at which I can switch between my different accounts for any different purpose! It completely changed how I respond to communications, without having to log in and out of different emails. The notifications about which account has a new detail makes it even better! My business also requires the use of multiple forms of communication (e.g., email, text message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram), so to have a service that enables me to access all of those in one application so simply, it's perfect.

Cons

My sole frustration with the software is the lack of expediency in addressing bugs. For example, ever since I upgraded my Mac to OS Catalina, Shift has encountered numerous issues that I did not previously encounter (e.g., issues with using HTML links in email, applications shutting down) I I'm still waiting for those to be addressed and they won't be for at least another week based on prior experience.

BONNIE from ROYAL TELOS

SHIFT - merging all of your email inboxes, messaging apps, and other apps into one place.

When I am using my laptop, I don't have much space to shift from different browsers. It's a high space saving tool.

Pros

I appreciate that I can have the feature called, "workspaces." This is a section on the side panel where you can open up or bookmark any relevant tabs according to a particular project, or "workspace." I have one workspace for all of my assistants to research. This workspace can also be shared which is awesome.

Cons

Some apps are not available. For instance, they don't have Kakaotalk which is a pretty popular Korean messaging app (that has a desktop function as well). Others are a latency issue when loading. The browser is running off of Chrome. And when you switch between browsers or messaging apps, there is a 1-2 second latency. I original thought it was my internet, but I contacted Shift and they said that's a common occurrence with the nature of the software.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

I switched from Vivladi Technologies browser. It was a great product, but I needed more functionality.

Response from Shift Technologies Inc.

Replied February 2021

Hi Bonnie, Thank you so much for your review of Shift. We love to hear that you're using Workspaces to collaborate with your team. Thanks for the app suggestion, we are adding new apps all the time. We have added Kakaotalk to the list and you should see it live within the next few weeks!

Ally from Revitalized Life Ally B

Convenient

Overall I'm happy because I'm able to access all of my email accounts and majority of the third party apps/accounts I use on a daily. Saves me time and helps me to work more efficiently since I'm working on multiple things during the day.

Pros

The fact that you are able to connect a lot of other third party apps in one place. I manage a few businesses and have multiple emails and programs I'm in on the daily, it is nice to be able to access majority of them in one place.

Cons

Seems like I have had more security issues since having Shift, sometimes the program times out and I have to restart the program, or it takes a little bit longer to open. I use Google Drive a lot and off and on I cannot save from Shift (download Google Docs or docs from email) directly to My Documents. I have to save it to this folder on my C Drive.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

Decided to try Shift and I'm happy.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review! We're excited that you're managing multiple emails and programs in one place with Shift. You may have already discovered this, but it is possible to change the download location in Settings > General > Functionality within Shift. You first need to toggle off "Always ask download location" and then click select location. If you're still having issues, feel free to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) so that our team can help you out.

Excellent Product, Awful Support

The product is excellent but I'm extremely disappointed by support. I was offered a free year long trial of the beta version of Premium by a senior member of the team after having buggy experiences earlier on. A few months in I was loving it and planning to upgrade to Premium after the year. However, after a few months, the account was spontaneously downgraded. After almost 2 additional months of back and forth with support, I still didn't have access to the original subscription. The person I was in communication with was friendly and responsive at first, but literally did not acknowledge the nature of the issue and kept asking for the credit card on file (there was none since I never had a paid account). I question whether or not she actually read the emails. Eventually she stopped responding unless I followed up, became less and less friendly, and I finally just deleted the account. I loved the product but felt there was a significant disconnect with customer support that made it impossible to benefit from the Shift in a reliable way. Ultimately, the issues with customer support cost a great deal of time and I lost all of the benefits of streamlined productivity.

Pros

Easy to use, used to be really buggy but has improved significantly Chrome extensions are now available So easy to toggle between accounts Doesn't seem to use a lot of bandwidth

Cons

Customer support Frequent identity verification - but that's probably not within Shift's control

A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.

All of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.

Pros

Having a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy. Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail. Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now. The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).

Best Productivity Software Available

Shift allows me to save time during my day by keeping all of my important communication tools, including multiple Gmail accounts, open and accessible without having to switch between accounts in the browser. Staying on top of multiple email accounts and other methods of communication during the day (such as Facebook Messenger and Android Messages) was time consuming and ineffective. But with Shift, it puts it all in once place and is very easy to use!

Pros

Access to multiple Gmail accounts within a single window and no switching accounts. Also love having access to other web applications within a single app as well. Allows you to build out a customized set of web apps to save you time during your day.

Cons

To be honest, I have had very few issues with Shift. Google Forms can be a pain sometimes as their don't always want to open in the child windows, but other than that, it just works.

Elizabeth from Pacific Bay Christian School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Too many email accounts - this helps!

It has eased the experience of having to quickly and efficiently work between different email accounts so I can easily go back and forth without having to switch users every time.

Pros

I like that I can access each of my gmail accounts without having to constantly switch users since I go back and forth CONSTANTLY throughout the day. I can also access Google Drive without having to switch back and forth between users and, with the fast pace of my workday, it makes a huge difference.

Cons

Sometimes there are functions that do not work within Shift as well as just using it within my web browser -- but those issues d not come up often so it is not a big enough deal for me to quit using Shift (plus, there are updates happening so that there is increased functionality and things that were problems before are no longer a problem)

Makes me feel calm when working

I love shift because it makes it easy for my team to see all the applications we use, all in one place. When I'm using it, I love that it makes me feel calm when I work because I know where everything is and am never jumping between 50 tabs (which makes my head spin) and work more efficiently.

Pros

Everything is in one spot, which is what I like the most. It's easy to use and add new applications as you grow your business.

Cons

I wish you could use the keyboard to flip between screens faster. Even though I can't do that, I still prefer to use this Shift over just my browser.

Response from Shift Technologies Inc.

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your review! We're very happy to hear that Shift helps you feel calm while working and that you're finding it easy to use. You may already be aware, but with the latest 4.0 release you can now cycle windows, check notifications and switch between accounts with the latest addition to our list of custom keyboard shortcuts. It's great for quickly toggling between your top apps and accounts without lifting your fingers off the keyboard. Take it for a spin: Mac: Command + ` Windows: Control + Tab To see a full list of keyboard shortcuts within shift use: Mac: Command + / Windows: Control + / If you have any other questions or comment, feel free to contact out support team!

Caron from CTMH Group

Changed My Life

I manage multiple gmail accounts, both internal accounts and client accounts, and Shift changed my life. I was consistently having issues of being signed into too many gmail accounts and having to log out and log back in and on and on. Shift seriously added time back into my day. I also now use it to manage Slack accounts, Trello, Toggl and more. Absolutely love this software.

Pros

The ability to manage multiple email and web applications in one place. The ability to move between the accounts with one click. The ability to see all badge notifications so I can tend to the accounts that need attention and ignore the ones that don't without having to login to every single one.

Cons

From time to time, it seems like the program gets overwhelmed and crashes. When that happens, I typically restart it twice before it resumes normally.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

There are no alternatives that I have found. Shift is one of a kind. I don't work for them or know anyone who does... I honestly love this program.

Matthew from MWS Media

Great All In One, But A Bit of a Resource Hog

My overall experience with Shift has been good. As a freelance creative services provider juggling personal, professional, and creative resources, I've come to depend on Shift as a time-saver and essential tool.

Pros

I appreciate, and have come to depend, on having several e-mail and cloud storage accounts (Google), invoicing / time tracking (Freshbooks), and notes / outlining / to-do (Dynalist and / or Workflowy) in one place via Shift. Just taking into account the reduced number of clicks and alt-tabs, it's a time saver.

Cons

Since Shift mostly works as a container for several Chromium browser tabs, it eats resources just like Chrome does. On a less robust computer (for example, on my older Dell laptop), this results in a noticeable overall performance hit. On my zippy desktop machine (built for gaming), it's no issue at all. So be sure you have good hardware if you plan on using Shift regularly throughout your day for multiple apps.

Reid from Kapwing

No support for Google 2-factor authentication (2FA) makes it useless

There's no indication that they're even trying to solve the 2FA problem. And no customer support team to reach out to, to even ask for a refund for the past month when I've been mostly unable to use it. Trying leaving a review to get some kind of attention

Pros

I really liked Shift when I first got it. It worked as advertised (with minor bugs) and I was happy to share with friends. Nice that tabs never close, although they do sign out weirdly frequently and there's no autofill to quickly log back in. Those problems aside, it improved my workflow having all my essential tabs in one place, so much that I became over-reliant on it...

Cons

When my company switched to 2-factor authentication, this app that I paid for became completely useless. It never sends a notification to my phone when I try and sign in, and goes to a 404 when I select "try another method." Have sent multiple "feedback forms" over the past month or two to deaf ears. Now I'm in this weird place where I still have some apps in Shift and some in Chrome... it's probably worse workflow-wise than before.

COLE from 858 Graphics

Industry: Printing

Software Is fantastic, for the most part

We have too many forms of communication, and not enough screens to utilize. Then you have the multi-tab problem. It makes it too difficult to manage. This tool helped create a simply solution.

Pros

I love that this thing consolidates all of my emails, crm, and communication channels all in one. This as made life that much easier. Especially people that are using one screen, this is the perfect consolidation tool to use.

Cons

I have had some problems with this tool not syncing well with hubspot or boomerrang. I have to constantly restart it in order for these tools to function properly.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review! We're excited that you're finding Shift is perfect for consolidating emails, crm and communication in one place. Are you still having issues with HubSpot and Boomerang or have they been solved with a recent release? If you're still having trouble, we invite you to create a support ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new) so that our team can look in to the issue.

Lucy from LMW Edits LLC

Great for small business

I found Shift because I was looking for a way to manage multiple Google accounts without having to deal with multiple tabs that I couldn't even read. I wasn't expecting that it would also enable me to have all the apps I use to run my business at my fingertips. It just makes my life easier and more efficient and I really notice the difference when I don't have access. I only have Shift on my desktop machine and when I need to get work done on my laptop the struggle is real.

Pros

I like that everything I need is at my fingertips, in a visually appealing way, with no chance I will accidentally close a tab. Best features are LastPass integration and having each Google Drive file pop out as a separate window!

Cons

It can be buggy - moving slowly, windows don't open where they should, kicking you out of accounts seemingly at random. I also don't love that Google Drive windows automatically go to the back no matter which window you were in last.

Bracken from Renaissance Space Academy

Amazing Software!

Fantastic and wonderful! Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

This makes managing my many accounts as easy as pie. I have 6 Gmail accounts I work with, and plenty of applications too - having them all in one easy-to-access place makes my workflow smooth and reliable. I love this software.

Cons

It sometimes glitches and shows notifications that don't exist or are already cleared.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

Looked easier. Is easier.

Sierra from Freckles & Ink

Keeps all my work programs in one window!

Overall, I genuinely love using this program. I'm one of those people who keeps taps & windows open, and I was losing my freaking mind before I found Shift. Being able to keep all of my work stuff organized in one program has been a game changer for me!

Pros

I love that you can have multiples of the same app saved on the sidebar for multiple accounts. Also, I leave Shift open for a couple of weeks at a time & it has never force-closed on me for an update (this is a huge one for me).

Cons

Some of my apps will sign me out after idle time (which is fine & makes sense), but Shift doesn't fill form usernames when I go to sign back in. Or even having the option to save my password in that app would be nice. Sounds like a small thing, but I have long email handles and those few seconds add up over time. Google Voice - when Shift is open & I receive a Voice call, it would be great if some kind of notification popped up that would take me to the call. By the time I get to the Voice App (and have to sign in for the third time), I've missed the call.

Will from Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz

Industry: Performing Arts

Beautiful concept; execution needs work

Pros

LOVE that it allows me to shift (get it?) between apps and accounts without changing windows. The integration with G-Suite is helpful since I manage multiple email accounts but generally use Drive with only one (this sort of arrangement frequently causes authentication issues when implemented in a browser)--so I am able to swap between email accounts while working on a spreadsheet in my "master" account. Adore the integration with apps like WhatsApp, Slack and HootSuite--it's like having my very own personalized terminal with all of the solutions I need to get my work done efficiently. I also like that I can rearrange the stack of accounts and apps to suit my workflow.

Cons

This software is buggy as hell. I frequently have to re-authenticate my Gmail accounts as well as apps like HubSpot, HootSuite and WhatsApp (for some reason, Slack is pretty much the only app I have noticed that does not require me to regularly re-enter my credentials). I wouldn't mind this all that much, except for the fact that Slack does not seem to talk to Apple's Keychain, so I end up having to look up my (sometimes lengthy) passwords for each account. This will sometimes happen mid-session, with no explanation. Another issue is that my Gmail accounts will routinely reload while I'm in the middle of composing a message. Again, no explanation provided, just a dialogue saying "changes you make might not be saved" and then adios! The rate at which these issues occur is high enough that I have considered abandoning the product ("why am I paying to take twice as long to write an email?"), especially since, even though I am a paying subscriber, support for these issues has been fair to middling. The latest response I received was that authentication issues can happen when the same Shift account is installed on multiple devices--which seems ridiculous, by the way, for those of us neanderthals that still have multiple computers--and that uninstalling shift on my other computers *should* fix the problem. It didn't, but I have yet to find another product worth my taking the time and effort to rejig my workflow/learn a new interface.

Stephanie from University of Pennsylvania

Shift

Pros

I love the connection of all my google drives and apps as well as the fine tune control of bringing all my emails together with different alarm and notification structures. I love the integration of other apps like grammarly, etc.

Cons

I wish there was a refresh button so that I could check if the email has come in just like on a web browser, instead of having to wait for the app to update on its own schedule.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review! We're excited to hear that you're enjoying Shift. As you may have already noticed, there is now a refresh button on the top bar that will refresh the screen that you have in focus. If you're still having issues with this, please feel free to reach out to our support team.

Stanton from Liberty Common High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great, but buggy

I solve problems that cannot be done with multiple browser tabs open. Shift helps me amazingly. Just wish it didn't eat through my computer so much

Pros

I love the fact I can go in between my multiple emails, various Google programs, and add apps. Love all of those features.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the fact that I can't have both sheets and docs open (for example) at the same time without opening a new window. Additionally, the slow opening, my inability to copy/paste with my mouse in Google Doc or Sheets is BEYOND frustrating

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you're loving the Shift features that allow you to manage multiple email, Google and app accounts. You have likely already noticed, but our 4.0 release that included focused web tabs will allow you to have multiple docs and sheets open at the same time. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out and our team will be glad to help.

Jesse from Frontline Community Church

Review for Shift

Mostly great! When it's working and all my account are accessible, I love it.

Pros

Love having everything I need in one place. Easy to switch between accounts.

Cons

Hate that it signs out of my accounts so often. Constantly having to reload. A few bugs and some apps not working properly, like Buffer.

Reasons for Switching to Shift

Needed something that was more intuitive.

Ricardo from DigitalEra

Greatest way to increase productivity!

We use, Slack, Hubspot, Cooper CRM, Google Mail, Whatsapp, Trello, and ton of other cloud based solutions. Most now have native apps but its not practical to have all these running.

Pros

Integrations to all the cloud platforms we use internally. It allows me to combine personal email amd corporate and clearly seperate wothout having a million tabs opened in Chrome.

Cons

No really downfalls of solution. Only one I’ve come Across was a lack of an extension support for a new CRM we adopted, Copper. Other than that Shift supports almost all the cloud platforms we ir anyone could ever use.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

It provided everything I was looking for

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review. We're excited to hear you're increasing productivity with Shift. You may have already noticed, but we do support Copper CRM. If you have any questions about getting up and running with Copper in Shift, feel free to reach out.

Jeff from Convuent

Do Not Buy this software!!!

I must say that while the platform was useful, it comes with challenges. Every other day there would be a glitch somewhere in the dashboard, or a new update. Many times the dashboard would open up, but would not function. Meaning I could not navigate through any of my mail, folders, drafts.. This was extremely frustrating. While support would have me uninstall the software, try an alpha or beta version instead, each with their own bugs and glitches, which I gladly would create a support ticket for. I just was fed up with having to be their guinea pig and never any real fix or improvement. When I saw that my subscription was about to expire, I did reach out to them to see if they would continue my free "pro" subscription since I was a loyal customer and they simply told me NO! Not even a substantial discount. #Tryshiftfail While I am always looking at new technology and innovative products for my team, TryShift just doesn't make the mark for both their product or their support! Poor customer Experience They Don't Listen #ShiftFail

Pros

Can switch between email accounts quickly.

Cons

Have been using Shift for over a year. Just a month after signing up for a paid pro version, I found that there were too many bugs in the system and tried to cancel my subscription. Upon doing so, the shift team offered me a full year of the pro version for free. So, they refunded me and I took the offer.

Joel Daniel from TomTod Ideas

Industry: Think Tanks

Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.

Pros

If you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.

Cons

Once I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.

Stephanie from Diamond MMA

Industry: Sporting Goods

Best way to organize multiple email accounts

The ability to track all the email accounts and the extra widgets to help optimize and save time most definitely work. We went through many email management systems before finding shift and shift has been a life saver. With the extra tools we were also able to find other services that help optimize our time too.

Pros

The ability to manage multiple inboxes. I currently track 5 inboxes and the ability to track all of them in one place is a huge time saver.

Cons

Which there were some apps. We use Sunsa along side of asana that would a good app to add

Reasons for Choosing Shift

Too many to list or remember all their names. One main was were trying to run everything out of gsuite but even that wasn’t functioning to our needs

Reasons for Switching to Shift

We tried too many to remember names. Nothing functioned the way we wanted.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review! We're excited to hear that you find Shift the best way to organize multiple inboxes. Thank you for the suggestion of Sunsa, we are always adding new apps and have added it to the list. Stay tuned!

Ryan from Huebner Integrated Marketing

Great app for managing multiple Gmail and other accounts!

I currently have a couple different emails I use for work and have my a couple accounts for my personal business. Shift allows me to swap between all of these accounts without cross-pollinating them. I love it. At work I have a laptop with two monitors and one monitor is always dedicated to Shift!

Pros

Shift makes the integration and access to multiple programs very easy and simple. I love switching between email accounts and accessing everything I need very quickly.

Cons

The only issue I have had with Shift is that I sometimes have to login multiple times to an add-on/application because it isn't syncing well. I have also had to reboot the software a couple times because it was being "buggy". All of which I think is a natural part of the process and appears that the support team is actively working on ways to improve on these types of issues.

Shift saves me a lot of time daily

For historial reasosn, I have several G Suite and Google accounts that I need to access every day. Shift greatly simplifies that task, and the gloabl search function can't be matched with a web browser clien.

Pros

All of my G Suite and Google accounts can be accessed from one screen. It saves so much time. The integartion of other accounts such as Twietter, Facebook, and LinkedIn is also quite helpful. I don't have to keep checking a bunch of tabs on a web browser to see if I have notifications.

Cons

I don't really have any major complaints. Occasionally I'm required to login in again, which seems to be random.

Not applicable.

One program to rule them all!

We originally used Shift so that we can access multiple Google accounts for our company in one program without having to switch accounts in Google Chrome. Shift did such a great job we also use it for accessing many of our web apps. This works great on a Mac as its easy to access multiple web apps with only having one window open!

Pros

Shift has been a great tool for accessing several of our programs and accounts! The ability to access several web apps in one portal is very efficient and makes it easy to add multiple accounts. Shift is much more than a client for Gmail. It can access a wide variety of web apps and services. Notifications are easy to see and makes it easy to swap back and forth quickly between apps.

Cons

Lack of an admin portal to manage licensing and users of the group account.

CIERA from REVOLVE IMPACT

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great Tool

I find it very useful and helpful in keeping my work portals organized and accessible. There are a few small things I'd like tweaked or added but overall I enjoy having it.

Pros

What I like most about Shift is how it centralizes all of the different sites and apps that I use on a regular basis and keeps them all organized and in one place for me to access. Particularly for work it is helpful to have all of my work tools in one place that I can easily access rather than having a ton of windows and tabs open mixed in with everything else.

Cons

I wish that there were more apps available to integrate into my Shift screen. I also wish that it did not periodically log me out of my apps that I have within shift. The appeal of it is the ease of use and access and that is somewhat diminished when I have to continue to enter and re-enter my passwords. I also wish it had an internet browser option/feature within it.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying being able to centralize your apps and emails in one place with Shift. We're always adding new apps. If you have some specific apps that you use, we'd love to hear from you so that we can add them to the list. Also, you may have noticed already, but version 4.0 includes focused web tabs which acts as a browser. If you have any questions about this feature, feel free to reach out.

Raney from CRH Writes

Savior of My Sanity

Absolutely wonderful...I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get more out of their workday.

Pros

I'm a freelancer, and I have multiple clients who want me on multiple email addresses and project management platforms. Before Shift, managing every single one of them was a nightmare. Shift keeps me productive and sane, and I would not do without it.

Cons

There are a few features and functions I wanted to see on it that I couldn't get. For example, I'd like to see more personal to-do/calendar/productivity apps on there vs. huge project management apps, and I'd like to maybe see some personal budgeting software on there too.

Response from Redbrick Technologies

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you're using Shift to be more productive with your freelance projects. We are adding new apps all the time. If you have some apps in particular that you regularly use that you'd like to see in Shift, feel free to reach out and we can add them to the list.

Abel from McBride Media

A must have for productive teams

I'm a digital marketer that switches between apps all day long. This has allowed me to have all of those things in one dashboard saving me tons of time and headache. I also use it for work and we have a very outdated internal management system that we use and because of it's versatility we are considering using it to bring all of the apps that we would need to replace our current system.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use and allows me to have almost all of the programs that I regularly use all in one place. It's so helpful that I've found myself looking to see what programs integrate with it before purchasing them.

Cons

There isn't anything to dislike about the software. The only negative thing that I could say is that when I originally purchased it some of the programs were a little buggy but they've fixed those issues and I haven't had any issues for months.

Reasons for Choosing Shift

I wasn't aware that their were any competitors.