• Pros

• "I love the structure of this program - it is extremely easy to navigate and the "pod" setup is nice for keeping things organized and compact."

• "I like the idea that the software was created for marketing vertical. It offers a team environment that is very user-friendly and its packed with features!"

• "Easy to use. Templates come in handy. Even easier to collaborate now that we can duplicate pods and task lists for similar projects."

• Cons

• "Of course, I'd love to have the full features included with the premium account level but they have a business to run and as soon as I can justify it, I'll be purchasing it. "

• "I wish when creating a new task there was a way to go straight to writing a full description. "

• "Wish it could tie into invoicing and billing and a little more robust client portal"

Browse Brightpod Reviews

Katie from Luther Seminary and Augsburg University

Excellent Project Management Solution for Marketers

Great for a smaller organization managing marketing campaigns with a small internal team and freelancers/agencies. Keeps everything in one place, keeps us on track, and helps us collaborate across distances.

Pros

The fact that Brightpod is created specifically for marketing teams makes it extremely user-friendly. It has all the features I was looking for, including file sharing, content editorial calendar, recurring tasks, delegation, and more. We use it to collaborate both with our internal team as well as with external agencies and freelancers.

Cons

Brightpod has done everything I need it to--I haven't found a weakness yet!

August 2015

Pamela from The Writing It Right For You Companies

August 2015

Great Product! Great Service! Great Company!

I started using Brightpod a little over two years ago when I was looking for an easy-to-use app for marketing and social media projects for my companies and for my clients. At the time, Brightpod was still in beta, coming out of beta soon after I signed on. Features I love: Each client or project has its own "pod" where milestones, tasks, messages, and files can be kept organized. All activity is updated in real-time and the app can be accessed on any device that has web access. All tasks, events, and milestones for each pod automatically go into a calendar which syncs to a web-based calendar such as GCal or iCal. There are marketing workflow templates available, and you can very easily revise those and make your own templates for similar task lists for different clients or pods. You can add and subtract team members, contractors, and clients to work with you on a pod and give different people different permission levels. You also track your billable and non-billable time if you desire. You can get real-time activity reports for each team member and for yourself and set up a weekly "focus" of your tasks. You can also generate very detailed "insights" for each team member, yourself, and other metrics. The customer service is top notch. Not only are there several detailed Vimeo videos for each component of the app, you can also directly contact the Brightpod team with a question or problem and receive an answer back in less than 24 hours; usually in 3-4 hours. The app has pretty colors. That is important for me as a creative professional. The only "con" is more of a feature request: You can generate a dedicated email address for each pod so that you can email tasks, messages, files, etc. to each pod. However, if you have a lot of pods, that's a lot of email addresses to keep up with. One day, I'd like to see the ability to just name the pod within one email address sent to the account and the email is automatically sent to the right place! I highly recommend this app for marketing teams, no matter what size.

Lamees from RPOA

Happy Customer

I was looking for a task management tool for our small team that's intuitive and flexible enough for our work style. My teammates recommended a few other software options, which I considered and tested but didn't like much. I learned about Brightpod from another tool I used for years now called DeskAway by the same developer. It didn't take me much to figure it out once I signed up for the free account. What I love most about Brightpod is the ability to create "workflows," this basically allowed us to setup our processes through this tool (e.g., we setup eBook production with task lists and tasks and for each new eBook, we simply add a new Pod with the eBook workflow and teda, the tasks and task lists are loaded and we only need to assign to members and set dates .) It was easy enough for other team members to start using the tool without any learning curve.

Pros

Workflows, list view vs. workflow view, predefined workflows for digital marketing work. Customer service is great: the built-in support interface is very easy and convenient to use and customer support respond in very timely fashion.

Cons

Can get expensive with busy project schedule.

David from Barry-Wehmiller

Brightpod is a decent project management solution without app support

Pros

I like that I can easily add projects and manage tasks across my team. As a leader, I can get a good idea what my team is working on and delegate tasks accordingly.

Cons

The main thing I don't like the fact that this software has no accompanying app. It would be very useful, especially at night when I'm away from my computer, to be able to manage projects and tasks.

Sarah from Moka Graphics

Brightpod Review

Love the software. My team handles upwards of 300 tasks at any given time and Brightpod has made that process more efficient and managable. Brightpod makes it easier to organize my work and track each items current status, time spent working on it, due date and more. The only thing that would make Brightpod even better would be a timer with in the program itself, ideally similar to the way Toggl manages time.

Pros

I love the way everything is displayed. One of my biggest issues with competing project managing apps is that the projects are not organized in a easy to view, hierarchical, format. I love that you can view the pods all together, then the pods individually, then the tasks themselves, and all in one window. There's no bouncing around from page to page and hard to navigate links. Everything is straight forward and even color coded.

Cons

I would love there to be a built-in timer feature in this program as opposed to logging in each time manually.

Kristen from Education Services Group / ngage Marketing Services

Great for marketing teams, but lacks some integrations

I love that there is a collaboration tool like Brightpod that is so focused on marketing project details. However, I'm not aware of any integrations with accounting programs or even a CRM that would allow us to directly bill customers for billable time. Instead, we're running manual reports monthly to identify billable time by client and project. Then accounting has to invoice manually. It would be awesome if all of this could be automated!

Pros

Cons

Limited/no integration with CRM and/or billing software to automate the invoicing process.

Joe from A Big Idea Group

Brightpod has made project management for my social media team simple and efficient.

It makes collaboration and communication a breeze.

Pros

What's not to like? All of the pods are highly customizable. There are several different ways to utilize Brightpod to accomplish the same goal. Collaboration is a breeze, especially on projects that require more than 2 or 3 team memebers.

Cons

There isn't a mobile application at this point and that is something, I think, that would make it a lot more useful in the future.

Trello with more features

Easy to have a team all on the same page with projects. Looks really nice as well!

Pros

The visual layout of this project management software is really aesthically pleasing. It makes it easy to group your tasks and super simple to see what stage each process is in. I really like the way you can easily duplicate common workflows!

Cons

There aren't quite as many levels of sub-tasks as some people on our team are used to, so learning to layer the tasks in a different way has been a bit of a challenge moving from another project management tool.

Sarah from Rose Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Lovely program, very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing

Made project management much more organized and compact.

Pros

Cons

The program is NOT mobile friendly. It is near unusable on mobile though I am told they are coming out with a mobile friendly app soon.

Bobby from Hunting Fishing Advertising Network

Perfect for Small Team Colaboration

Overall, the software hit all the levels we were searching for. As, the pricing was right, it was feature-rich, and allowed for a good team atmosphere for colaboration.

Pros

Cons

I would love to see a better process between project tracking for production.

Werner from Technicolor

In Technicolor, Brightpod is a verb now

We use Brightpod for project management in the marketing creative team. We are a worldwide company and my team supports marketing people on all continents. Brightpod changed our lives: it is so easy to use for everyone, so very straightforward, there has been zero reluctance to use it - not always a given when you introduce new tools. You have a full overview of everything that is going on and good tracking functionalities, great when you're dealing with different time zones and different clients. The clients are constantly aware of the status and can be notified whenever there is the need. The interaction with Outlook works great, by the way, so there is not always the need to log into the tool. The Brightpod team are very responsive and very helpful as well. We've been using it for over a year now and it's still the best dollars ever spent.

Pros

ease of use functionalities support

Cons

don't really have anything negative to say

Shad from A.B. Martin Roofing Supply

Industry: Building Materials

Brightpod. I'd be lost without you.

When I took over the marketing department at a growing business, I was essentially jumping onboard a moving freight train. With dozens of newspaper ad deadlines every month, right off the bat, I knew I needed a project management app that would let me keep track of recurring deadlines as well as keep my supervisor and me on the same page. After testing other apps, I can say without a doubt, Brightpod is the best. Both with the product and their (almost) live support. Here is how I use it. I set up a pod. Inside the pod (Print Advertising), I create a task list (Recurring Ads, Pending Review, etc...), then I create an individual task and set up the deadline and how often it will repeat (never, every month, or every week). From there I create the ad and add it as a comment in the task. My supervisor is notified, he approves the ad, I mark it complete, and if it is a recurring ad, a new one is automatically created with the proper deadline. I'd be lost without Brightpod.

Joe from Interamark LLC

Brightpod is a superior app for managing, recording, and billing collaborative projects

Brightpod is so intuitive that the entire team was up and running in less than a day with no setup. Because its so easy to use, you can include contractors and alternative workforce personnel with almost no training, which is usually a big headache for integrating (and billing) these resources into a project. Brightpod is flexible so that it quick and easy to create a tangent within your project, start a conversation, post files, attribute time, and then write off some of the time and close the tangent. This can all be done by line-level workers without having an administrator build out a skeleton and assign tasks. The quick setup and tear down allows for ideas to be explored with ease and at the same time recording the conversation and the files for later access.

Pros

Price Ease of use Intuitive Email-based

Cons

Could have a tighter relationship between recording time and tasks. When recording time, there is only a notes field and it does not have to tie to a task, which is easier to use, but less useful for billing presentation. I suppose the whole time recording feature could be more robust with a place to enter your time against all your tasks.

Brooke from All Risks

Great tool for project management

Our company loves brightpod! We use it for project management to balance projects throughout our marketing team of eight people. We love the ease of use of transfering projects to other team members and addding comments. The emojis are a fun new feature as well. Customer service has always been really helpful, but there are some limitations to the software. In the future, we would like to be able to change the project entry date (currently can't add it to past dates).

Pros

Comment section, export to Excel feature, calendar, ability to personalize pods to our complex company

Cons

Can't use in Citrix and want to be able to change date of entry

The Best Task Managment Software Money Can Buy!

Pros

Super easy to use, clean interface, makes staying on top of recurring tasks easy as pie. The customer support is top-notch and I have even had the joy of watching my feature requests turn into features.

Cons

I would love it even more if the recurring tasks could be set to "First Monday of the Month" in addition to the same date option.

Caleb from Neutrino Marketing

Great Marketing Project Management Tool

Brightpod was a great addition for me as a freelancer and as a growing agency. As a freelancer, I was involved with Brightpod through my clients and found it very helpful in ensuring that I was accomplishing the work and making sure that my clients knew it. As the owner of a small, but growing agency, Brightpod's price point and offerings are a great fit for my small business. I use it on a daily basis to show clients the work that we've accomplished and what are plans are moving forward. They love it and so does my team.

Pros

Ease of use, price point.

Chantal from Battelle

Industry: Research

Works well for our department's needs

My marketing communications team has used BrightPod for more than a year now. It's allowed us to streamline our work processes, eliminating the "who's on first" issue. We are all now better connected with the needs and timelines of deliverables that require a cross-team approach. I love the reminders and updates I receive from BrightPod. It keeps me honest.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and personalize based upon preference. It promotes a high degree of organization and collaboration.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about it.

Samantha from Brand Story Experts

BSE Loves Brightpod

This system is super easy to use, at this point I can add tasks with my eyes closed. I love the support we receive, always an answer almost instantly to any questions we have. Love how they are always adding things too :)

Pros

Ease of use, colors, look of system

Krystal from MEC Global

Pleased with platform

Brightpod has been a large use of project management success for our team/industry, and it is becoming more and more involved in our new projects for other clients.

Pros

It is easy to assign tasks, and send through emails.

Cons

The layout is not very attractive.

Venkat from CreativeIQ

Love this product need more productive features

overall experience is good. UI is simple, clean and neat. most of the updates i receive seems to be not relevant for my business. from a manager perspective i seek for more productive features.

Pros

compare to other similar product i like the UI, which is clean and neat

Cons

'Me' page lack features

Paul from Moka Graphics

Industry: Graphic Design

Great! But take your time.

The customer service and reaching out ranges from ignoring you to just annoying. They try to reach out and when they do they are in your face 24/7 (chat,email etc). When you have a question tho it seems to fall by the wayside. Granted, in their defense, I've only used this for one week so I could be totally off with them so far. Overall, it's a greats solution for what you need and best of all, it's all online so nothing g to download.

Pros

It's online Easy to figure out

Cons

Need more support on how to... Too many reach outs (chat,email) when I don't need it

Chris from Aliste Marketing

Good Management System

We use brightpod to help us manage our daily tasks and ensure that our employees are completing what is needed. Overall it does get the job done. The major suggestion I would make is the reoccurring tasks. Having a button to click rather then remember how to word the phrase to get it to reoccur. Just some food for thought

Pros

Some what easy to use

Cons

Reoccurring feature.

Justin from Arena Sports

Arena Sports Review

This tool has helped the marketing department and I stay organized on all of our projects. This tool is super easy to use and is a great tool to show clients what exactly we are working on for them. This also helps us allocate appropriate time to certain projects, while being able to communicate with our peers. This will also help us in the future to see what tests we have run in previous years.

Pros

Easy to use, centralizes all of our projects, shows how much time is spent on each project, easy to track progress of projects

Lindsay from R2R Marketing, LLC

Very Efficient

I'm a user coming off from using Salesforce, which all my projects revolved around and I was hesitant about using a new project management system. So far I feel Brightpod is awesome, it's a great way to stay on top of all of my client projects, and I love that I can set them to recur each month so I don't have to recreate new tasks every month, big time saver! And it's cool that I can see what my coworkers are working on also.

Pros

able to customize the whole system according to our needs

Cons

I've noticed tasks get duplicated for no reason

Monica from Arena Sports

We are using the software to organized a new start up

Pros

We like how we can share our status with clients clearly. I also like that we are able to assign tasks to team members, and store data.

Cons

I wish the calendar options were more robust. I also wish that the tasks organized accounting to client calendars.

Eva from R2R Marketing

Streamlining the Creative Process

Our small, 7-person marketing agency provides services for 150+ clients, which can make project management and staying on top of deadlines a challenge. Once we were able to find ways to maximize Brightpod's functionality for our specific needs, it has become a big help. We're able to pull the master task list up during meetings and even engage our clients by granting them limited access as well. There are some issues of functionality we run into, but the Brightpod team is always VERY responsive to our requests as they work to make the user experience as positive and seamless as possible.

Pros

Ability to get the whole team's productivity and task management in one place. Ability to collaborate on projects and add comments/updates.

Cons

The search functionality often pulls up completed or old tasks first. If there was a way to limit search to active or recent tasks, that would be great.

sheron from whirlwind

Thi easy-to-use project management tool helps improve accountability, transparency and performance.

Pros

Allows me to create and edit my own workflow and its simple drag-and-drop feature allows me to prioritize my tasks based on urgency and deadlines. The best part is that it integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox making it quick and easy to transfer documents online.

Cons

Becomes overwhelming and confusing as there are so many features and things happening in just one place.

Brian from McPherson College

It's so important to our workflow today that I couldn't imagine being without it.

Brightpod has helped us move from multiple, individual project lists to one collaborative and efficient project management process. As an internal marketing office for the college, it has greatly improved the way we communicate and manage tasks with other departments on campus.

Tanya from Rio Nutrition

Review from Tanya

Brightpod is a great software. It has helped our company stay on top of tasks and organized. It's so basic to use which we love. We also love the email notifications and reminders that it sends daily. We use brightpod to collaborate within the marketing team and I highly suggest it.

Pros

-So easy to use -can attached and upload files -can pick who you want to see a task

Cons

-There's not a chat within the software.

Marie from Midwest marketing

Brightpod works

Brightpod has reinvented project management for our company! It makes tracking collaborative tasks simple and allows the housing of all project materials in one place. It has made a huge impact in efficiency and worker productivity.

Pros

The Calendar fuction

Cons

It is difficult to sort tasks by name or date in certain views without exporting insights.

Joe from Big Idea Group

Simple and Organized

Brightpod makes it easy to keep track of all of my projects and deadlines. Plus, it makes collaboration a breeze.

Pros

It's simple and intuitive.

Cons

It creates too many email notifications, but that may be more of a reflection of the way our team uses it.

Cara from Crossroads

Love Brightpod, great for staying organized as a team.

Pros

Brightpod is great for staying organized as a team. For writing projects it has been great and no one ends up writing the same piece of content because they are all so easily assigned.

Cons

Everything is great, the only thing is I wish you could choose your own color for the initials you use to assign projects.

A great product for such an amazing price!

I use this for all lower level Project management

Pros

BrightPod has almost everything that you need from a project management tool. And for the price, it is not bad at all!

Cons

The only thing that Asana has at that BrightPid does not is a time tracking tool. They make you pay more to get this feature.

Alex from Russell Media

The best first seven weeks in the professional world!

I started Project Managing for a start-up digital marketing company that was already using Brightpod. I have loved every minute of it. What really sells it for me is the customer service Brightpod offers. It amazes me that my questions and ideas are genuinely considered and responded to.

Pros

Functionality, customer service

Cons

Inability to move task lists into another pod so that all data, files, and comments go with it.

Nick from Ashland Advertising

Helped our workflow so much!

Before brightpod, we had searched for numerous project management softwares to no avail. Then a newer team member suggested BrightPod. Took a second for us to get the hang of it, but ultimately it has been extremely beneficial to my workflow. I can now see all my tasks and prioritize them accordingly, as well as communicate with my coworkers and store the details of the project from start to finish.

Pros

The organization system, the ability to record the steps of each project and communicate with my team, and the ability to view and prioritize my tasks.

Cons

It can be problematic and glitchy at times, as well as requiring a refresh to instigate certain item changes like status or assignee instead of being realtime.

Michael from Online Marketing Coach

It's a great way to organize projects.

Pros

Our team uses it all of the time to organize and track projects. It's very intuitive - one of the best.

Cons

Some unsolicited announcements come in from time to time. If I had questions, I'd ask. But those pop ups aren't too annoying.

Barrett from Vertical Networks US LLC

So Far So Good

Looking forward to exploring with our project manager how we can alter the program to better suit our needs. It'd be nice to have multiple layers of "completion" so once my part is complete, I don't get notified about being over due since we have multiple teams working on the same tasks. Overall, the functionality is there and easy to use! Wish there was a desktop and mobile app.

Pros

The dragability of team members, ability to attach files and notify varying team members.

Cons

Would love to see a desktop and mobile app as I hate having browser windows open. Would be nice to be able to create multiple teams within a task and have varying levels of completion for those team members.

Travis from Real Men Real Style

98% Awesome

I didn't give it 100% because sometimes it has some glitches that have not been solved yet. But for the most part it has been amazing for project management

Pros

Ease of use - everything is visible

Cons

I STILL , after many back and forths, cannot drag and drop on my calendar

A Good Effort By Brightpod

Pros

Brightpod has the ability to set different "pods". Allowing you to assign different members to each pod. Making for great organisation and team members aren't overwhelmed when they see many different boards.

Cons

The main problem I had with Brightpod was its UI. Some elements of the site just weren't design to be used efficiently and tasks which took me 2 minutes with other tools would take double that at least with Brightpod. I raised some of these concerns through their live chat and I believe they plan to implement some of them soon.

Kevin from Sportsdigita

Account Manager Review

I like the ease of uploading files and making comments within in different project pods. It keeps everything well organized.

Pros

Ease of organization

Cons

Our company has lacked integrating the product with other software products we use.

Dan from Midwest Tape LLC

Solid and useful service.

I've been using this application for more than 6 months now. I find it incredibly useful. Working in a design based job the site has all of the features I need to collaberate with others on my team and keep track of all of the projects I'm working on.

David from MMT Media, Florida

BrightPod Rocks!

The pre-built workflows are a great starting point for the Small Digital Marketing Agency, Freelancer or Consultant. Even if they are customized, a Great Head Start in creating a solid framework and process for keeping projects moving smoothly. Plus the communication tools and tracking with your Outsource Partner is outstanding. Have tried a plethora of PM tools for Marketing Projects and NONE, ZERO other than BrightPod made sense. Five Stars!

Pros

Pre-Built Workflows for Marketing Projects

Cons

Getting Partners and Staff to be disciplined enough to use Productivity & Communication Tools!

Ashley from Crossroads Technologies

Easy way to track projects

My team implemented Brightpod only a few months ago and I am not sure how we survived with out it. It is an easy to understand interface which makes all of our lives easier. You have access to customer service chat but I do wish there was a phone number to actually speak to someone sometimes, at least when first implementing the product. They have very helpful forums and walk you through every step. It is a nice way to track how multiple team members of my department are up do with out micromanaging.

Pros

Easy to use, simple interface, enjoy features

Cons

Just would like a customer service phone number

Parth from Whirlwind

A Cool Tool to Keep a check on your daily tasks

BrightPod helps to track the work with ease and gives an insight to the pending tasks and the work done. Very Useful and easy to work.

Steve from Root3 Growth Marketing

Brightpod review

Juggling multiple clients within one system is no easy task, and I believe we found the right platform to do just so in Brightpod. It allows us to see all of our information at a glance, and there is a level of cooperation that it allows that is unmatched. While there are a few features that are still not there yet, upon submission, those items become available quickly, so it's constantly evolving to suit our needs. Couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

The layout and ease of use.

Cons

Some features are not available yet.

Paul from Paul Maplesden, Freelance Writer

Industry: Writing and Editing

A simple, easy, and elegant way to run an editorial process

I've been using Brightpod for just over six months now to provide freelance writing services to a marketing agency. every part of the experience has been good - The app is designed to allow easy collaboration and quick notifications to other members of the team, the workflow is simple and elegant, and I can spend time focusing on work, rather than wrestling with the app. Recommended.

Pros

- Very easy collaboration - Simple, straightforward interface - Just the right feature-set

Cons

None

Susan from SWBmedia

A Project Management Tool for Compartmentalized Thinkers

Pros

Brightpod is an online project management tool. As the name suggests, you organize your projects as "pods" in the app. As with most project management tools, you can set milestones, assign tasks, upload files, exchange messages and track project time for each "pod" or project. Of interest to consultants and freelancers, a great feature is the ability to track budgeted time, assign clients and attached team lead(s) to each pod.

Cons

For me, Brightpod falls somewhere between the simple but souped up task management of Trello and the advanced project management features of software like Asana or Podio - which left it on the fence in my book. It's good but just didn't fit into the way I like to work online.

Lauren from First National Bank

Excellent Project Management Tool

This project management tool has been very useful for myself and my coworkers, who are constantly multitasking on projects. It is easy for us to get off track, but after using Brightpod for only a month we can already tell a difference in our work! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a shared project management tool.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software.

Cons

I might like another way to group the Pods. We have so many different pods that they get lost at times.

Miguel from RMRS

My Review For BrightPod

I've started using Bright Pod since early September and it's been pretty cool. I like how the graphics and structure make it easy to identify things that have to be done this week and next week. But there could be improvement on the areas like easiness to edit the task description, etc.

Pros

The graphics and layout

Cons

The difficulty in editing some task descriptions and the confusing windows that pop out

Erin from WhosOnLocation

Great product

Our team were looking for a tool to manage our marketing projects and were recommended Brightpod. We haven't looked back, our projects and tasks are much tidier as everything is in one place. This app is good value for money and easy to use. Sahil is lovely and we have had awesome customer support. Very much looking forward to seeing how Brightpod grows and develops.

Pros

Task view, ease of collaboration

Cons

No mobile app