Brightpod

Brightpod Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Of interest to consultants and freelancers, a great feature is the ability to track budgeted time, assign clients and attached team lead(s) to each pod."
  • icon"The best part is that it integrates with Google Drive and Dropbox making it quick and easy to transfer documents online."
  • icon"Easy to use, centralizes all of our projects, shows how much time is spent on each project, easy to track progress of projects."
  • icon"The scrolling on the pods can be a little annoying if it's a particularly full pod."
  • icon"Inability to move task lists into another pod so that all data, files, and comments go with it."
  • icon"The main thing I don't like the fact that this software has no accompanying app."

Browse all Brightpod Reviews

• Have you used Brightpod and would like to share your experience with others?

Katie

Excellent Project Management Solution for Marketers

Great for a smaller organization managing marketing campaigns with a small internal team and freelancers/agencies. Keeps everything in one place, keeps us on track, and helps us collaborate across distances.

Pros

The fact that Brightpod is created specifically for marketing teams makes it extremely user-friendly. It has all the features I was looking for, including file sharing, content editorial calendar, recurring tasks, delegation, and more. We use it to collaborate both with our internal team as well as with external agencies and freelancers.

Cons

Brightpod has done everything I need it to--I haven't found a weakness yet!

Industry: Graphic Design

Brightpod Review

Love the software. My team handles upwards of 300 tasks at any given time and Brightpod has made that process more efficient and managable. Brightpod makes it easier to organize my work and track each items current status, time spent working on it, due date and more. The only thing that would make Brightpod even better would be a timer with in the program itself, ideally similar to the way Toggl manages time.

Pros

I love the way everything is displayed. One of my biggest issues with competing project managing apps is that the projects are not organized in a easy to view, hierarchical, format. I love that you can view the pods all together, then the pods individually, then the tasks themselves, and all in one window. There's no bouncing around from page to page and hard to navigate links. Everything is straight forward and even color coded.

Cons

I would love there to be a built-in timer feature in this program as opposed to logging in each time manually.

Brightpod is a decent project management solution without app support

Pros

I like that I can easily add projects and manage tasks across my team. As a leader, I can get a good idea what my team is working on and delegate tasks accordingly.

Cons

The main thing I don't like the fact that this software has no accompanying app. It would be very useful, especially at night when I'm away from my computer, to be able to manage projects and tasks.

Kristen

Great for marketing teams, but lacks some integrations

I love that there is a collaboration tool like Brightpod that is so focused on marketing project details. However, I'm not aware of any integrations with accounting programs or even a CRM that would allow us to directly bill customers for billable time. Instead, we're running manual reports monthly to identify billable time by client and project. Then accounting has to invoice manually. It would be awesome if all of this could be automated!

Pros

Easy to use. Templates come in handy. Even easier to collaborate now that we can duplicate pods and task lists for similar projects.

Cons

Limited/no integration with CRM and/or billing software to automate the invoicing process.

The Best Task Managment Software Money Can Buy!

Pros

Super easy to use, clean interface, makes staying on top of recurring tasks easy as pie. The customer support is top-notch and I have even had the joy of watching my feature requests turn into features.

Cons

I would love it even more if the recurring tasks could be set to "First Monday of the Month" in addition to the same date option.

Joe

Brightpod has made project management for my social media team simple and efficient.

It makes collaboration and communication a breeze.

Pros

What's not to like? All of the pods are highly customizable. There are several different ways to utilize Brightpod to accomplish the same goal. Collaboration is a breeze, especially on projects that require more than 2 or 3 team memebers.

Cons

There isn't a mobile application at this point and that is something, I think, that would make it a lot more useful in the future.

Trello with more features

Easy to have a team all on the same page with projects. Looks really nice as well!

Pros

The visual layout of this project management software is really aesthically pleasing. It makes it easy to group your tasks and super simple to see what stage each process is in. I really like the way you can easily duplicate common workflows!

Cons

There aren't quite as many levels of sub-tasks as some people on our team are used to, so learning to layer the tasks in a different way has been a bit of a challenge moving from another project management tool.

A great product for such an amazing price!

I use this for all lower level Project management

Pros

BrightPod has almost everything that you need from a project management tool. And for the price, it is not bad at all!

Cons

The only thing that Asana has at that BrightPid does not is a time tracking tool. They make you pay more to get this feature.

A Good Effort By Brightpod

Pros

Brightpod has the ability to set different "pods". Allowing you to assign different members to each pod. Making for great organisation and team members aren't overwhelmed when they see many different boards.

Cons

The main problem I had with Brightpod was its UI. Some elements of the site just weren't design to be used efficiently and tasks which took me 2 minutes with other tools would take double that at least with Brightpod. I raised some of these concerns through their live chat and I believe they plan to implement some of them soon.

Bobby

Perfect for Small Team Colaboration

Overall, the software hit all the levels we were searching for. As, the pricing was right, it was feature-rich, and allowed for a good team atmosphere for colaboration.

Pros

I like the idea that the software was created for marketing vertical. It offers a team environment that is very user-friendly and its packed with features!

Cons

I would love to see a better process between project tracking for production.

Pamela

Time used: Free Trial

August 2015

Great Product! Great Service! Great Company!

I started using Brightpod a little over two years ago when I was looking for an easy-to-use app for marketing and social media projects for my companies and for my clients. At the time, Brightpod was still in beta, coming out of beta soon after I signed on. Features I love: Each client or project has its own "pod" where milestones, tasks, messages, and files can be kept organized. All activity is updated in real-time and the app can be accessed on any device that has web access. All tasks, events, and milestones for each pod automatically go into a calendar which syncs to a web-based calendar such as GCal or iCal. There are marketing workflow templates available, and you can very easily revise those and make your own templates for similar task lists for different clients or pods. You can add and subtract team members, contractors, and clients to work with you on a pod and give different people different permission levels. You also track your billable and non-billable time if you desire. You can get real-time activity reports for each team member and for yourself and set up a weekly "focus" of your tasks. You can also generate very detailed "insights" for each team member, yourself, and other metrics. The customer service is top notch. Not only are there several detailed Vimeo videos for each component of the app, you can also directly contact the Brightpod team with a question or problem and receive an answer back in less than 24 hours; usually in 3-4 hours. The app has pretty colors. That is important for me as a creative professional. The only "con" is more of a feature request: You can generate a dedicated email address for each pod so that you can email tasks, messages, files, etc. to each pod. However, if you have a lot of pods, that's a lot of email addresses to keep up with. One day, I'd like to see the ability to just name the pod within one email address sent to the account and the email is automatically sent to the right place! I highly recommend this app for marketing teams, no matter what size.

Lamees

Happy Customer

I was looking for a task management tool for our small team that's intuitive and flexible enough for our work style. My teammates recommended a few other software options, which I considered and tested but didn't like much. I learned about Brightpod from another tool I used for years now called DeskAway by the same developer. It didn't take me much to figure it out once I signed up for the free account. What I love most about Brightpod is the ability to create "workflows," this basically allowed us to setup our processes through this tool (e.g., we setup eBook production with task lists and tasks and for each new eBook, we simply add a new Pod with the eBook workflow and teda, the tasks and task lists are loaded and we only need to assign to members and set dates .) It was easy enough for other team members to start using the tool without any learning curve.

Pros

Workflows, list view vs. workflow view, predefined workflows for digital marketing work. Customer service is great: the built-in support interface is very easy and convenient to use and customer support respond in very timely fashion.

Cons

Can get expensive with busy project schedule.

Werner

In Technicolor, Brightpod is a verb now

We use Brightpod for project management in the marketing creative team. We are a worldwide company and my team supports marketing people on all continents. Brightpod changed our lives: it is so easy to use for everyone, so very straightforward, there has been zero reluctance to use it - not always a given when you introduce new tools. You have a full overview of everything that is going on and good tracking functionalities, great when you're dealing with different time zones and different clients. The clients are constantly aware of the status and can be notified whenever there is the need. The interaction with Outlook works great, by the way, so there is not always the need to log into the tool. The Brightpod team are very responsive and very helpful as well. We've been using it for over a year now and it's still the best dollars ever spent.

Pros

ease of use functionalities support

Cons

don't really have anything negative to say

Shad

Industry: Building Materials

Brightpod. I'd be lost without you.

When I took over the marketing department at a growing business, I was essentially jumping onboard a moving freight train. With dozens of newspaper ad deadlines every month, right off the bat, I knew I needed a project management app that would let me keep track of recurring deadlines as well as keep my supervisor and me on the same page. After testing other apps, I can say without a doubt, Brightpod is the best. Both with the product and their (almost) live support. Here is how I use it. I set up a pod. Inside the pod (Print Advertising), I create a task list (Recurring Ads, Pending Review, etc...), then I create an individual task and set up the deadline and how often it will repeat (never, every month, or every week). From there I create the ad and add it as a comment in the task. My supervisor is notified, he approves the ad, I mark it complete, and if it is a recurring ad, a new one is automatically created with the proper deadline. I'd be lost without Brightpod.

Joe

Brightpod is a superior app for managing, recording, and billing collaborative projects

Brightpod is so intuitive that the entire team was up and running in less than a day with no setup. Because its so easy to use, you can include contractors and alternative workforce personnel with almost no training, which is usually a big headache for integrating (and billing) these resources into a project. Brightpod is flexible so that it quick and easy to create a tangent within your project, start a conversation, post files, attribute time, and then write off some of the time and close the tangent. This can all be done by line-level workers without having an administrator build out a skeleton and assign tasks. The quick setup and tear down allows for ideas to be explored with ease and at the same time recording the conversation and the files for later access.

Pros

Price Ease of use Intuitive Email-based

Cons

Could have a tighter relationship between recording time and tasks. When recording time, there is only a notes field and it does not have to tie to a task, which is easier to use, but less useful for billing presentation. I suppose the whole time recording feature could be more robust with a place to enter your time against all your tasks.

Brooke

Great tool for project management

Our company loves brightpod! We use it for project management to balance projects throughout our marketing team of eight people. We love the ease of use of transfering projects to other team members and addding comments. The emojis are a fun new feature as well. Customer service has always been really helpful, but there are some limitations to the software. In the future, we would like to be able to change the project entry date (currently can't add it to past dates).

Pros

Comment section, export to Excel feature, calendar, ability to personalize pods to our complex company

Cons

Can't use in Citrix and want to be able to change date of entry

Caleb

Great Marketing Project Management Tool

Brightpod was a great addition for me as a freelancer and as a growing agency. As a freelancer, I was involved with Brightpod through my clients and found it very helpful in ensuring that I was accomplishing the work and making sure that my clients knew it. As the owner of a small, but growing agency, Brightpod's price point and offerings are a great fit for my small business. I use it on a daily basis to show clients the work that we've accomplished and what are plans are moving forward. They love it and so does my team.

Pros

Ease of use, price point.

Cons

Of course, I'd love to have the full features included with the premium account level but they have a business to run and as soon as I can justify it, I'll be purchasing it.

Chantal