• Pros

• "Good integration with ConceptDraw Pro Office (V4 and 5) to populate MindMaps, Import MindMaps, and generating diagrams and graphics."

• "- You can export your project to Presentations - You can Email tasks to your self/resource - Gantt chart! - Good UI"

• "Big plus is the ability to export to MS Word, MS Project and Evernote.Thanks so much for the education account :)"

• Cons

• "I hope to see even more options to work with MS Excel spreadsheets and maybe new views of projects ."

• "Hoping that they can extend their trial version for this one. Other than that, nothing more for now."

Browse ConceptDraw Project Reviews

Jose from Computer Networking

Industry: Computer Networking

CONCEPTDRAW PROJECT TOOL, GREAT FOR MAC

Pros

I can say everything. Easy of use in MAC OSX platform, the reports built and graphs used in reports. The compatibility import - export to other tools. The integration with conceptdraw MindMap and DIAGRAM. The multiproject handling way. For OSX MAC is a great and pretty presentation view.

Cons

I think the way to print the GANT CHARTS should be improved. Many blank spaces are wasted so the option to select areas in the gantt chart will be great. Not zooming, I mean selection and configuration of areas for printing

Reasons for Choosing ConceptDraw Project

Integration, keep the application in ma own computer.

Dipam from P8E Ltd

An easy to use Project Management tool with all features you need

I would recommend anyone to try this as this is a genuine competitor to MS Project (for most people's project planning requirements). I had used MS Project in my previous company but now in a startup company, we have to ensure we get value for money whilst being able to still plan projects with all the functions required. ConceptDraw Project is easy to use, cost effective and easy to turn ideas from a brainstorm to a project plan using the full suite.

Pros

ConceptDraw Project is a very user-friendly Project Management tool available with all similar function to MS Project but much less expensive. The fact it works on a Mac without any issues is really good. Most project management applications I have tried at this cost are cloud based and do not offer an offline version. I feel safe that I can still carry on working when my internet goes down! I decided to go with ConceptDraw as it offers a full suite of software for your concepts, planning, reporting, technical and non-technical diagrams needs at a click of a button.

Cons

Most of the little issues have been addressed in the new version. Would like to have an option to change view size of the project tasks list. Currently you can only zoom in and out of the gantt chart.

ken from Trexin

Less Expensive than MS Project but you get what you pay for.

If you are a ConceptDraw Pro Office owner, this app is a no brainer to use and leverage. As PC slows down, just realize you will have to shut it down twice a day and re-launch to regain system performance. I personally own CD Pro Office 5 and latest CD Project, but I also own MS Project 2016. I can import my MS Project MPP's into CD Project nicely and generate various graphics and reports using the other CD Pro Office 5 tools. But ultimately I need MS Project to get enterprise class work done that is integrated with O365 and other Office tools. When I tried to send CD Project export files to others with MS Project (including myself), they were unrecognizable by MS Project. That is a show stopper.

Pros

Cons

While using CD Project, over time (3-5 hours) it seems to acquire more resources from the PC, slowing it down considerably (click, wait 10 seconds within this and other apps in use). Shut it down fully (the app) and PC returns to normal. So there's a number of resource leaks happening. Feature/Function and Menu's on the Office V4 package were just plain ugly, extremely small fonts in tools and window panels. Office V5 with latest CD Project was a big improvement.

Wojciech from Explorer-Consulting

I use ConceptDraw Project to manage projects in easy, visual & valuable way.

easy access to project information - quick data input and ocean of useful information, so it's easy to share knowledge in project management area

Pros

I use ConceptDraw Project, because it helps in daily work with projects information. I got excellent tools to drive projects & report progress. Except many predefined reports I can create my own set of reports. We can import/export in many formats. As element of ConceptDraw Office, Project solution can be presented as interactive visual dashboard with drill-down option, presenting live data from ConceptDraw Project. It's easy to navigate in the most important areas: resources, Gantt chart and share.

Joey from Electronics Company

ConceptDraw Project Software Review

Pros

All the necessary basic tools for project management is here. You can create and monitor your task on a daily basis to create a more efficient decision.

Barney from Consulting Group

Project management solution that integrates mind maps, process flows, timing schedules

I've been looking such solution for ages. I am looking for a project management solution that integrates mind maps, process flows, timing schedules (gannt charts) and can be exported to MS Project and MS word. Have tested ConceptDraw on the advice of friend and I am very impressed with it, as these helped me when I've started my new position. I'm on Mac now and use windows laptop as well, so for me the ability of ConceptDraw to work on both is priceless.

Sadaf from Maedeh

In Competition, it loses to OmniPlan

Try OmniPlan if you are looking for a better option. but this one is still good. I should mention I used Mac Version.

Pros

Cons

- Details: you can Only use 6 Currency symbols - The duration is fixed, or if it isn't the properties to change it is not easy to find. - Most of us would not use Microsoft Clippy, but we liked having it around. Some software has similar guides, it would have been nice if this programme had that too.

November 2012

Klaus from ONMU

November 2012

Project for PMs of small projects

I like to recommend to PMs of small projects the ConceptDraw suite. You may like to look at ConceptDraw MindMap, because you can import it into ConceptDraw Project as a WBS. Also ConceptDraw MINDMAP and PROJECT use the same document to work with project. I usually come back from Cantt Chart to MindMap to rework and improve projects.

Pros

Cons

Free trial for only 21 days

March 2016

Darsi from CBS

March 2016

I got Conceptdraw project and it's just great.

I got Conceptdraw project and it's just great. I run same license on my macbook and PC desktop. Tool has live dashboards with task tracking, project diagrams via Gantt charts and Pert charts and a variety of reports for project planning, monitoring resources and usage as well as detailing budget and costs

Melinda from Business Trainer

ConceptDraw Project

Project is actually very similar to Microsoft Project, but CS Odessa have their InGyre system which allows the different tools to work together.

Amanda from Business and Economic Institute

ConceptDraw Office combines mind mapping and project tools

ConceptDraw Office combines mind mapping and project tools for reasonable price. Plus, it supports Mindjet and ms project files.

July 2015

Gordon from SeverBooks

July 2015

great tool for planning and tracking your project

We use this app in our bookstores. It is easy to control your project and predict any risks.