All Dayforce Powerpay Reviews

Review of Ceridian Software

JoAnne

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Convenience and ease in annual reporting

PROS

I cannot express enough how easy Powerpay has made it to complete annual reports and complete payroll on time. New employees has no trouble on-boarding and getting setup. After struggling with APD for 2 years we're happy to announce PowerPay has been perfect for our small business.

CONS

Annual reporting for taxes need to be filtered.

Denise

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Happy long-time user

PROS

I have been using Ceridian software (powerpay) for many years now and I really like the ease of use with it. It is easy to set up new employees and it is easy to get payrolls processed. If I need to make any changes, I have no problems doing that either. The reports are excellent (other than my comments below) and I particular like the year-end reports which are quite easy to read and have the information necessary.

CONS

The new version of Powerpay is a bit more cumbersome in terms of scrolling down to the bottom of the screen to get to the next page. It takes me longer to get through the pages. I also wish that there was better reporting - for instance I can't pull up a list of employees who have been terminated and I cannot pull up their Records of Employment without knowing exactly when they left and then finding the report in the Payroll reports section.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Powerpay reports are much better and easier to read. Powerpay understands the particularities of employment in Quebec.

Annie

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Stellar Service

Overall the customer service is the saving grace. Most interactions with customer service over the phone has been amazing and detailed. There were one or two experiences (over a year ago) which weren't as nice but I received follow up calls afterwards.

PROS

The Rapid Entry page is quite useful and easy to use.

CONS

I don't like that we have to be in an active pay period/run in order to access general information. Sometimes I just need to check something but I have to open a new pay period/run in order to do so. I'd love to be able to customize the experience more.

Hi Annie - Thank you for your feedback! We now have the functionality to access employee info without having to be in an active pay period, we'd love to walk you through it! We're so happy to hear that customer support has been able to assist you!

Replied March 2021

Rene

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay

The conversion from INSYNC to Powerpay was smooth and the system is easy to use. It is not very code driven compared to INSYNC.

PROS

The powerpay system departs from using codes all the time coming from INSYNC. The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

CONS

Reporting is not as extensive and cannot be used as a replacement for a proper HRIS. Thus I use Dayforce for most basic reports and powerpay just for Payroll reports.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Price and easy transition since both are Ceridian products.

Reasons for switching to Dayforce Powerpay

The time and attendance piece we use with INSYNC was retiring.

Hi Rene - Thank you for the detailed feedback around your experience with INSYNC and Powerpay. Your feedback helps to fuel innovation and continue to improve on our product. Thank you for choosing Ceridian.

Dawn

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Simple and user friendly

reliable and straightforward.

PROS

Employee self-service is really user friendly and much easier to administer than ADPs team pay

CONS

I would like the ability to run more reports and also would appreciate the ability to export the reports to excel. Would appreciate the ability to make changes with an effective date, for example, make effective on the next pay period rather than having to accumulate those changes in a separate system for later.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Self Service ease of use was really important.

Hi Dawn - Thank you very much for your feedback. The insight you provided around reporting and effective dates is something we will share with our product team. Thank you for choosing Powerpay!

Julie

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

User friendly and less time consuming Software

PROS

The software is user friendly than what I used before. It has also saved a lot of my time on a biweekly basis to process payroll.

CONS

I would like more analytics in the software like creating various reports based on employee information.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Power Pay is cheaper and perfect for small businesses.

Reasons for switching to Dayforce Powerpay

The product I was using was outdated and not user friendly.

Hi Julie - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Powerpay meets your needs and you are happy with the software! We are always looking for ways to improve and innovate so we will take your feedback around reporting back to the product team. Thank you again!

Michelle

Construction, 51-200 employees

Accounting Everything

I have not encountered any issues with Ceridian in the last 9 years.

PROS

I have used it for years. I have recommended it to many of my bookkeeping clients. I find it user friendly, convenient to access older info and easy to speak to customer service.

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

It looked better and I thought that the price was better.

Reasons for switching to Dayforce Powerpay

I like accessing Ceridian from anywhere, not having to go into a clients house to do it.

Hi Michelle - Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 9 years and are delighted that you still find Powerpay meets your needs.

Suma

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Super Powerpay

Time saving is one of the best benefit also recording of the transaction is very easy.

PROS

I like all the features, from inputting the data to the final result, it is very easy and user friendly.

CONS

I don't want to say it as con, but every company comes with its unique payroll features , so it does take time to integrate, but finally powerpay is integrated with the company's system.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

ADP is mostly US based company, Powerpay made us to feel very local

Hi Suma - Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy that you find the system meets your needs and saves you time.

Carolyn

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Customer service is everything

It's been an excellent experience.

PROS

The best part of Ceridian - other than the ease of use - is the customer service. Especially in the early days of using Ceridian, every time I had questions the customer service team was patient and very knowledgeable. In this day and age when good service is hard to find from even the largest company I appreciate knowing that any issue I have will be dealt with painlessly and quickly.

CONS

No cons. It works as needed. I've not had any issues with the software.

Reasons for switching to Dayforce Powerpay

This is an easier way to manage the 8 offices I do payroll for across 3 provinces.

Hi Carolyn - Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We can't tell you how happy we are to hear that you have had a great experience with Powerpay and our support team!

Emir

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2021

Simple, robust and efficient payroll software

We have been using this payroll software in our organization. As the name implies, the software is great in all the processing of payroll-related staff. It is solving all of the problems regarding the administration of payroll very efficiently and simultaneously it also provides the process a little more streamlined as well as simplified. Altogether, I just love this software and it is one of the best payroll software out there.

PROS

Powerpay has a very intuitive interface which as a result makes it very easy to use and operate for the users that also makes the training process easy and fast. This tool is also very cost-effective for our business due to which there is no such financial burden on our organization due to software. I am highly satisfied with their customer service that is extremely helpful but it is needed very rarely as the product is efficient enough. It has made the lives of users easy by customizing all the payroll needs be it commissions or be its deductions. This software has a very simple payroll process that requires minimal to zero manual work that even includes some payroll runs.

CONS

Whenever I wanted to make some changes in the product I couldn’t independently do it and it always needed some support from the product. I just wish that the reports in the software were slightly more vigorous because these are not really useful for the business.

Parabhdeep

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great for Payroll Processing

Source deductions are remitted to Canada Revenue Agency for you and T4's are produced within the system. Easy to file ROEs within in the payroll section. Reduces payroll processing time.

PROS

Easy to use software, integrates easily with payroll processes easily, customer support is one of a kind. They will walk you through any payroll questions.

CONS

None. I will never change payroll software.

Reason for choosing Dayforce Powerpay

Easy to use and low cost.

Hi Parabhdeep - Thank you so much for the kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you find our software easy to use.

Replied February 2021

Nathan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Ceridian Powerpay is a user-friendly, cost-effective payroll management system

Powerpay makes payroll and HR management a breeze. It takes care of remittances, filing, government and CRA requirements, T4, ROE etc etc. Without Ceridian we would need additional staff to take care of payroll. Ceridian is a fantastic product that I highly recommend.

PROS

I like how Powerpay can do everything I want - track salaries and benefits, process payroll, provide reports, provide ROE and T4 etc. It's a user-friendly product that makes payroll easy to administer. I also really appreciate their phone support - it's very quick and easy to call in, wait times are short and Ceridian phone staff always answer my questions. Powerpay makes my life easier, a very effective product that I have recommended to others and one that I will continue using in the future. They also offer a good variety of training and support classes.

CONS

It can be daunting to learn the product. There are a lot of menus and I feel they could be consolidated and better organized. Once you learn where everything is, it's easy to use the product.

Hi Nathan - Thank you so much for your detailed review of Powerpay. We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied. We also appreciate your feedback around product training and navigation and we will take those items away to review. Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Ruth

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Ceridian Review

Powerpay reps seem to have less information regarding Quebec payroll taxes & requirements That has been frustrating

PROS

Easy to use Allows to ensure payroll remittances to Quebec & Feds are done accurately & on a timely basis Streamlines year end processes thereby allowing labour savings - i.e hours spent setting up T4S releve 1s

CONS

self service portal - we get charged for portals that are not used by inactive employees/contractors the onboarding process with the transfer of old information to the new platform was onerous & customer support was not that knowledgeable Fees are high,in general

Works best with TD bank

Hi Ruth - Thank you very much for your feedback! Your insight allows us to continue to improve our functionality.

Replied May 2021

Grae

Research, 11-50 employees

Ceridian Powerpay is Excellent for Small Business

Payroll now takes less time and is much easier to do. Staff like that they can go online and pick up their own paystubs. I know that if I have any questions, Ceridian staff will help me and will give me pointers as to what to do should I experience the same issue another time. They are very service-oriented and in today's world, good service is a rare commodity. Ceridian also offers a number of webinars that have been extremely beneficial.

PROS

We switched from another payroll company a year ago and have been extremely happy with Powerpay. I have control over inputting the payroll information and there are several built-in checks to make sure that no mistakes have been made. When in doubt, I know that I can call Ceridian to find out what to do. Everyone I have spoken with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. The payroll reports are clear and easy to read and use. From beginning to end, Ceridian's Powerpay takes the stress out of payroll.

CONS

The onboarding process did have a few, very minor issues but we were able to resolve those very quickly and easily.

Reasons for switching to Dayforce Powerpay

I found the previous payroll platform that we were used was archaic, problematic, time consuming and there was very little help or service offered. We wanted to upgrade to a software that would make payroll easier and take less time.

Hi Grae - We appreciate the detailed feedback and are so happy to hear that Powerpay takes the stress out of your payroll processes! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Powerpay Review

PROS

integrated ROE production payroll preview

CONS

Reports not always easy access or set up

Hi Michael - Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it!!

Lina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Excellent product available in the market with an amazing customer service

It's easy to use software. Most of all, using this software comes with excellent customer services - always available to talk to someone with very little wait-time. Customer service agents are well educated and informed of current changes with payroll.

PROS

This software is user friendly and well mapped out hence easy to navigate the site. Any updates including the Government updates are available hence I can always make sure that I am dealing with the most up-to-date information. This software comes with an excellent customer service, available on the phone during the office hours. I have not yet had a 'hung' calls nor getting an agent who could not guide me.

CONS

There are very little to none negative opinions on this software. I have not had any negative experiences with this software as of now.

n/a

Hi Lina - Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We're pleased to hear that our customer support team has proven helpful for you.

Mandy