What are Dolibarr users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dolibarr software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use and the simplicity of enabling various modules. Also, the availability of various modules and support in different countries."
  • icon"Very Cost Effective as it is open source and there is lots of community options for this platform."
  • icon"Symple in use ad upgrade is perfect for shared hosting."
  • icon"Obsolete functions, obsolete payment plugins and functions that should be and are not."
  • icon"It’s a bit difficult to change some parameters."
  • icon"The lack of some things needed in Argentina. But nothing a developer couldn't do."

Browse all Dolibarr Reviews

• Have you used Dolibarr and would like to share your experience with others?

SK

Industry: Information Services

Software developers' delight

Pros

If you have a web hosting, you can install this software through your web hosting account and then access the same anywhere on the cloud. You can also choose the option to download this software on your PC (Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora-Redhat-Mandriva). Liked the modular approach that helps select run only the modules one need. Being a free, open source software, it is software developers' delight. For instance, right now, GST is a hot market in India. Why not come out with your own GST module! There is Dolistore where software developers can market their developed module.

Cons

Although basic ERP needs of small and medium enterprises are well met, if you immediately want a feature-rich software that helps comply with the existing federal setup of your region, it will need customization which may require adding/tweaking codes. For instance in India as part of the mandatory GST compliance, one needs a specific GST module which is not present with the shipped version.

Jean-Noel

Industry: Information Services

Dolibarr as a Prospect/customer management and invoicing system

We create all prospects, customers, products (but just a few) and services and it is easy to create them. the software help us a lot to make the follow-up of invoice payments.

Pros

The software is quite easy to use. A lot of plugins can help to manage better the company and the leads/proposals. Update is better even if they can still improve it

Cons

For the contract management for employees, the features are too lights !

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

Easy to use, fast to install, easy to secure, mobile app available Dolibarr is installed on a cloud server and in such we do not have to manage the server itself. Only Dolibarr. We also installed time sheet modules to help in managing our consultants.

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

Because vtiger is not really an open source now and some modules very expensive

SAMOUD

good solution to manage society

good software until now but in the future if they don't make an other version with mvc model the software will be discontinued and there will be more updates.

Pros

- A lot of functionality in the basic version contacts, tiers, bill, cost bank, compta, .... - Free version - open source

Cons

- Very few free modules - based on a very old technology so to develop specific stuff you must work with a no mvc model

Talha

Dolibarr to manage finance and account

Overall at this level, this software meet requirements with some headache, much modifications was made by our devolpers.

Pros

Very easy to configure, import, export of master data like materials, vendors, customers etc, of previous erp is sophestically covered. Invoicing, banks, account, reconsillation is ok, suitable for small industries. User authorizations, checks and control is available.

Cons

All business finance stratigies is not functional, like releasing payments etc. Some flaws found in invoicing status, margin report should be modified.

Alexis

Industry: Libraries

Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !

Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP. We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros

I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user. I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons

Well, it's doing it's job ! i was a litle lost with the multi curency module. and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice. in french we call this "consignation".

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

because it's on a sever, it's multipost, it's free, it can be added some plugins.. it has a real process from propale to facture, it has a POS and code bar option that is realy cool ! it has a community. Ciel was expensive, and too much "take it as it is"

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

Neede anyway because cant anymore work

Virgilio

quality opensource

As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control. I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations. I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros

I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons

from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

for being a more complete product, involving the financial side, inventory, marketing and that still allowed me to develop in a language that I have greater knowledge. besides vulnerability being the lowest.

Mohammed

Dolibarr is Excellent Open source ERP

Pros

The fact that it's free and well maintained. Has very vibrant user community

Cons

Lack some functionality and flexibility needed to make ir universal.

Its free

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

I needed POS functions which the Frontaccounting lacks and the development of FA has stalled

Anthony

My weekly assistant

I have been using Dolibarr for more than a year now and I absolutely love it (and so does my accountant). As a freelancer I used to work in Excel and keep track of my leads in a separate CRM. This was becoming quite difficult to track vendor and client invoices nationally and internationally and if I wanted to add something to my CRM, I had to pay for an upgrade. With Dolibarr I can do everything myself and expand the field I require.

Pros

The amount of flexibility in this software is massive. Every single function is customisable and the functionality that is already included out of the box is everything a starting company needs. I'm using the CRM and invoicing module every week. My accountant has her own login to view and download all supplier and client invoices.

Cons

The software has some learning curve. I host the software on my own server so if you don't know how to do this yourself, you probably will have to hire someone with technical skills. You are actually buying a lego-box but still need to build the castle yourself so you will have to put in some hours/days to set everything up.

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

Dolibarr is completely open source and you only need to pay if you want specific niche features.

Josep Lluís

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap. Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros

Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop. Very easy to install in most common hostings. Good and open community. Free licence GPL.

Cons

More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

Because Dolibarr has a free license (GPL), uses PHP language and have a good community.

Joel

Owner

Good

Pros

Can enable and disable modules. Active development. Active plugin community. Packaged for Debian, easy upgrade. Very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was better documentation on how to use as well as how to modify/create plugins

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

The core code for dolibarr is published. Can enable and disable modules.

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

Peachtree is no longer supported

Perfect CRM

We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros

- The system is a webbased CRM Suite - there are many modules for different cases - the system hast it's own Customer Portal - Own API

Cons

- Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

We are missing some customization opportunities.

A stable good all-rounder ERP

It offers all the functionality we need without complexity.

Pros

Cons

The UI is somewhat dated which does not help visually especially when working with different types of data and information. It cannot be all white and black.

Reasons for switching to Dolibarr

Yetiforce was not functional and posed significant risks to our data

Nicolas

Industry: Photography

Great free CRM online or offline

Dolibarr is the center of my administrative process : proposal, invoice, delivery, etc...

Pros

Dolibarr is highly customisable to fit all workflows and and usecase. It can be adapted to different kind of business and different size of organisations. It can be installed on various plat-forms, online or offline.

Cons

Integration can be a little bit tricky, but the user's community is really helpfull and the different cases of utilisation are well documented.

Qamar

Dolibarr for Trading small business

For effectiveness in business including secured, auto communication i.e. email based events, like issuance of sale order, POs, fit for trading, Saas, and locally installation is a good option. Account management like banks, payable, receive-able to pay, to receive complete orders all are included in package, Dashboard parameters are good for management reporting.

Pros

Xampp, lamp based web application to support business activities, easier in installation, configuration is easier, business aspects, logics are pre-defined in each modules which are pre built in with it, while some can be purchased. Role clarification of staff, trade, Purchase, Sale orders, Project order, and their invoices can be handled effectively with respective accounts too, double entry system for advanced accounting is configurable to meet the specific requirement of business. This software is best for trading and projects in level of medium industries.

Cons

Mobile application is not available, some bugs are found in manufacturing order, Graphs and visuals are in small size and will not properly displayed while business volume increases. Inventory report is not in printable format, Costing module is not available.

Conrad

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Excellent software

In general terms I have been using Dolibarr for many years, I have never had problems with the software which has helped me to keep a very good control of my company, since the first time I installed it on my server and started to enter data I have I've been loving this wonderful tool. As I mentioned in previous points, Dolibarr has an ease of use and learning far superior to other software

Pros

In my experience and based on other softwares that I have used such as MFG / Pro, Softland, SAP / MM among others, I believe that Dolibarr has many virtues such as that it is free, very intuitive, easy to use, and you can maintain a Good traceability of information, even more so if user roles are configured, excellent control of the company can be achieved.

Cons

Difficult question, since I personally like it very much, what if I consider a detail that there are modules that should be default in dolibarr and not be sold, as an example the reports should be in each module already parameterized correctly, and what another is the connection to the SII (Chile)

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

because I could install it on a server and so I could connect without problem anywhere in the country, without risking loss of information, in the case of theft or loss of my computer

Mehdi

Why use Dolilbarr

I started my small office 5 years ago and Dolibarr helped me through all the processes in project commercial and leads and accounting management. Then when my skills where enough to become a service provider and trainer and remote support for Dolibarr Users in Morocco and abroad. Now i work with a friend, a very skilled consultant in IT, on industrial projects based on Dolibarr with GPAO/GMAO worklows ... and so on ..

Pros

Dllibarr is written like a website, so it's lightweight and powerfull. More, we have new major version each 6 month, thanks to an active and well organized community team driven By [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and a good forum for helping users advanced or not.

Cons

5 years ago the updates where slow, but now we have a new major version each 6 months

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

It was free to download and to use and to update, then i bought many dolistore.com extensions, i contracted a Dolibarr gold partner for a specific module and all the services around Dolibarr are not so expensive, regarded to odoo for example

Adel

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Dolibarr the Opensource ERP for your startup

As a startup we were able to consolidate all our business information and flows in one single cloud accessible format. This enabled our business to capitalize on its experiences and track records leading to great time saving and higher professional throughput.

Pros

Dolibarr is simple and straightforward to implement. The users find it intuitive and therefore ramp up quickly on its routines. The support community is also great to find answers to your questions and bugs. Best of all, the value for money is unbeatable!

Cons

Documentation could be limited in some areas but that is normal on an opensource solution. The good news is that you don't need it as much since everything is almost intuitive. It would be great to have a full mobile App with the Opensource package.

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

(Value for money + Intuitiveness) our both money and time budgets were very limited to put in place a solution that we could be operational at very quickly and without breaking our investment capital. Also, we were able to implement and maintain the full solution in-house. It was a no-brainer choice! Dolibarr checked green all our ERP expectations and needs.

Bruno

Good solution

I’m managing my company for the offers, invoices,... I’m also an integrator of Dolibarr for the clients in Belgium.

Pros

The simplicity is unbelievable. Everyone, without a particular formation can use it. It’s expendable endlessly.

Cons

Setup of new documents in PDF is tricky. Technical knowledge is essential.

Ebp was too expensive.

simplicity

My experience with dolibarr was very satisfactory from the beginning, its simplicity of use and its friendly environment made me decide to use this software.

Pros

There are many reasons that I will try to point out • Easy to install in any local or cloud environment • Very fast learning curve • As standard it comes with almost everything a company needs • It has very good external modules to complete my requirements • It's free • Can be used even in a shared hosting • Updates and improvements are fast • I just love it

Cons

• You do not have electronic commerce in the same application • Website configuration is not easy

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

Because Dolibarr requirements are lower, its installation is easy and at that time Dolibarr provided me with everything I needed.

Ryan

It actually works

It has been great, I've never struggled with it, very straight forward and mature platform on which to manage relational data like never before. These other systems are nice...... but hold no candle to the practicality of Dolibarr.

Pros

Ease of setup, no fuss no hassles, the module builder is amazing, i haven't come accross quite as open and easy to extend upon, i've never not been able to do something in the application, sure it's not perfect, but i have not come accross an application as well thought out and designed

Cons

That people call it outdated, further than that, i don't really dislike anything, it was designed with experience dealing with the problem in context, if its done in a certain way, its done for a reason

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

Because it actually works.

Nicolas

Dolibarr an open source CRM&ERP

I use Dolibarr on a daily basis to do my quotes, order and billing. I follow my client, the latest emails exchange or bill I sent. I can consult my overall reports for the month/trimester/year easily. I use it for every aspect of the life of my company.

Pros

Is is easy to use and intuitive in its functionnality. With 2 new versions every year there is at the same time stability and progress in the end user experience visually and in the new features every version brings.

Cons

as every change of software, the hardest part is to get used to it, but once you are used to it, it is easy to navigate, work and find information ;)

reliability, price and accessibility

Alain

TPE, PME, association Dolibarr is for you

To manage our activity with a commercial in a town, a technical team in another country and a financial manager on the road, DOLIBARR is a tool located on a IONOS server. We are able to work together and to follow the activity in real time, to be able to estimate VAT, margin, ... Each time an update is done we do not loos any data. The ability to have a screen in one language to a user and the documents in another language is very usefull.

Pros

The modularity , the reactivity of the development team, the general concept.

Cons

The update is a too log process but in the other hand a very secure one.

Reasons for choosing Dolibarr

The modularity and the "easy to start" for many people not yet familar with software products

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent choice for Small & Medium Businesses

Pros

This cloud Open Source CRM & ERP Sofware is an excellent choice for SMB Businesses. I have been working with Dolibarr for more than 3 years now. It has improved enormously since I started using it, and it keeps growing every release, displaying beautiful new functionalities. It has a large global community, and therefore there is plenty experience to share among users and partners.

Cons

It still has some features to develop, like Planning and Forecasting, and some details related such as recurrent events in the Calendar, which are not covered yet, but I understand that these are considered in the product roadmap as new enhancements.

Bérengère

I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business.

Pros

We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution. Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities. With Dolibarr you have the choice: - Free download of the software and do the installation yourself - Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr) - Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance. The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons

The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

Jari-Matti

Industry: Sporting Goods

Brains of my business

Dolibarr takes care of my needs for ERP, CRM, invoicing, accounting, customer support, stock management, warehouse management and reporting. Without it I would have ended up either in total Excel chaos or really expensive separate solutions.

Pros

Dolibarr is quite straightforward to use, no training needed. Installation was easy, and the hardware requirements are low. Also, this software has a ton of features and can even be extended by using addons. It was really easy to implement

Cons

Finnish translation is useless. Of course, I could contribute and translate it myself, but I simply don't have time to do that. No problem though, english version is fine for me.

Dolibarr