• Pros

• "Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks."

• "I like the fact that you don't have to save the hours and it automatically updates when the value is entered into the slot. "

• "- Beautiful, fast and easy to use interface. - The mix of Kanban and SCRUM just makes sense. - The way I track the work, attach files, and so on, everything works fine"

• Cons

• "Missing some features we would like to see such as the time entry exporting. But the team are very responsive to feature requests. "

• "Perhaps a little difficult to grasp initially, however this is offset with excellent one-to-one customer support Project / Task timer interface needs a little improvement"

• "Not fully "baked" yet. A lot of small bugs and missing some small nice to have features"

Browse Forecast Reviews

Gordon from Adeo Group

Really good software

increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pros

I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Cons

There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

Dan from relayr

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great tool for complex business model

From day 1 the experience with the Forecast tool and the Forecast team has been excellent. Its clear that this is by no means a finished product which gives us users the flexibility to request new features with the knowledge we will be listened to. I look forward to a long relationship with the Forecast team

Pros

Constant and quick feature releases Listen to feedback and make updates based on customers needs Great performance very easy to use Jira integration is fantastic Lots of work done to improve the cost tracking and financial/budget elements Great communications and availability of Forecast team

Cons

Forecast initially catered for a very specific agency type business model that didn't fit with relayrs business model however through constant improvements and feedback the tool is getting closer to what is expected

Reasons for Choosing Forecast

It scored the highest against all the criteria in our RFP process

They have a huge potential

Pros

It has features that I couldn't find in any other service. Such as being able to manage reasorces across multiple projects, but not just by task also in high level

Jonatan from JOSHMARTIN GmbH

Great Software, Outstanding Customer Support

Pros

This software automates a lot of things in our planning / controlling / time reporting. If there are ever any problems, the outstanding customer support will gladly help out.

Cons

The API could you an OpenAPI / Swagger specification to make integrations slightly easier.

Rob from Centreline Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Centreline Architecture Forecast Review

With Forecast we are easily able to plan our architectural projects and meet deadlines and stay within the allotted budgets. Forecast is consistently updating with new features and addons.

Pros

Forecast's customer support is one of the best I have ever had to work with. Second would be the ease of use for staff to help plan out projects and timelines.

Cons

Sometimes parts don't work correctly but they are quick to fix the issues.

Reasons for Choosing Forecast

Ease of use and great value.

Sahar from TheAppLabb

Steep Learning Curve

Timeline management. One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pros

I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members. I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Cons

It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Sacha from Relish Interactive

Industry: Computer Games

Great, almost all-in-one tool

Previously, we had relied on a number of products to manage our projects and teams and while we're not there yet, Forecast seems to be the tool that will finally allow us to consolidate most of those other tools into one.

Pros

The integration of task tracking, time tracking, and resource allocation.

Cons

The budget pages are a bit confusing and it's a bit tedious to update task and time entries. It's quite expensive for a large team.

Rajwant from Transmission Media

Easy to use software

Pros

With other PM type software, they can be clunky and difficult to use. I like how Forecast is intuitive, fast and most importantly, fun to use. When completing tasks, you get an avatar popping up telling you great job which is fund.

Cons

There are a few bugs that need to be worked out with Gitlab syncing tasks to Forecast. More importantly, Gitlab uses markdown which Forecast would sometimes strip when it would sync a task.

Ben from Soda Strategic

New users

Pros

Easy to manage teams and members. Intuitive design of scheduling tool makes it easy to allocate team members to projects. Integration via API with our other systems seems to be working well. Responsive support that seem to take questions and suggestions and use them to improve new iterations of the product. Timesheets are simple to use and easy to check.

Cons

New design features, especially the last round, can drop out of the blue and be quite jarring when faced with them the first time. But at least they're committed to improving the product. Building reports can at times be less than intuitive.

Felix from Leadhub

Forecast as personal task management

Very good, and it is clear that the product is being worked on. Both through updates by e-mail and seeing new functions being added.

Pros

Ease of use and clear overviews. The design is very clean and the UX is topnotch.

Cons

It is a bit fixated on certain aspects. Instead of being focused on projects, a focus on clients would be nice as an alternaive. This is not a minus if all your work is project-based.

RACHIDA from SEARCH FORESIGHT

Can be improved for the team

i can manage the production of my team and much more with the budget plan

Pros

Share roadmap with client Overview on Team Tasks : forecast & timesheet Financial view and

Cons

Need to be more easy for the consultant when he schedule & timesheet task . for exemple it will be very efficient when the consultant create himself subtasks from the milestone and schedule it on his roadmap ---> to be visible on his weekly/monthly roadmap. other example : we have 100 hours for the milestone "run consulting" and i create a subtask 'reporting " 5 hours work. it will be great to update the amount of initial hours from the milestone ie : 95h ( does not work actually :( )

Reasons for Choosing Forecast

Forecast is more user friendly :) and such more options

Gareth from IO

Great application for time and task management.

As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pros

I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Cons

I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

Gareth from IO

Simplified project management

I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pros

I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Cons

The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Alexis from Mad Monkey

Forecast helped us get organized.

Pros

The workflow view was helpful to our web developers because they were used to using that type of system. The benefit Forecast provided our team was coupling that feature with the ability to manage general traffic flow, work accountability and timelines for projects.

Cons

We experienced a few bugs with browser compatibility and Google docs. The reporting structure is also not as robust for the reports we need to generate for internal review and our clients.

If operational effectiveness and productivity is important to your business, don't hesitate.

I've spent many years trialing and implementing various Project Management and scheduling applications from an Ops perspective, but, frustratingly, I never found one that effectively combined these attributes into a single, easy-to-use package -- until Forecast. That's impressive enough, but it's the ease of analysis and reporting that really sealed the deal for me. I can't imagine our business without it.

Pros

The combined resource scheduling, time-tracking and Project Management tools, the detailed operational tracking and reporting, frequency of updates, and, of course, the excellent customer support. It has been a pleasure to both use the product, and interact with the Forecast team.

Cons

Honestly, nothing springs to mind. The Forecast team have been very receptive to suggestions for minor enhancements as they've evolved the product, and I've no doubt that will continue. I feel we're in good hands.

raya from BIG Partnership

Great Experience So Far

The team at Forecast have been and continue to be a dream to deal with. They have already shown their willingness to implement some of the ideas and missing functionality we were looking for even though we have not yet taken up the product and are still making decisions. I am confident if we did go ahead with Forecast our voice would be heard and they would work with us to get the platform in place and implemented in a smooth, friendly, and professional manner, which has been my experience to date. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular has been extremely helpful with no question / ask of us being too much trouble.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, user-friendly and the look and feel is simple and gives the clearest view of the studio, who is available, who has time, who does not and what are they working on. The project set-up, platform for scoping and the ability to set each team with their own capacity is brilliant and only compliments an already great offering in the world of team, project and capacity management.

Cons

I don't have any negatives just now, but we are in an extended trial period and so we are still decision making on whether or not this will be the right tool for our purpose.

Reasons for Choosing Forecast

We have not yet chosen a solution and Forecast remain very much part of our decision making process.

Brian from Clarity Quest Marketing

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pros

The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

Bruno from Exército Brasileiro

I tryed almost 50 tools before choose "Forecast" to work

After try almost 50 tools of "project management", "work management" (really, 50 tools, seriously), I chose "Forecast". It just makes sense. My team love it. The cost worth it.

Pros

Cons

- The mobile app has a lot of limitations, and there are a lot of features that only can be made in the browser interface.

Prajith from Crossvale .Inc

Good User experience

Pros

Cons

A little too many updates are being made to the application. May be reduce the rollouts to once a month or so.

Janet from Waimakariri District Council

Industry: Utilities

Forecast review

I am using forecast to programme time across multiple projects and clients. It allows me to quickly see the proportion of time allocated to each client, and for every project, track progress to completion. It provides that "birds eye" view on when I am getting behind on something. It has assisted me to more accurately scope how long each project or task may take to complete. It also provides a solid basis to explain why I cannot accept additional work- when my time is fully allocated. It was worth taking the time to set up my programme properly so that I get the best from the available functionality.

Pros

It allows me to schedule my work programme and see when my time is fully allocated for months in advance. It shows future periods when I could accept more work from clients.

Cons

I don't have any concerns. Note it takes some time to set up each persons programme (perhaps up to half a day), it is worth doing this properly as then the tracking of projects will be more informative.

Forecast helps me stay on track

Pros

I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Cons

My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

John from LexRay

Daily User

Forecast does a great job of organizing our Agile tickets.

Pros

Easy to enter hours against project/tickets and add comments all from the timesheet page.

Cons

1) It can be a chore to track down a specific ticket. I input the number in the search box and Bobo the Bear cannot find anything. Instead I need to slog through projects trying to see where it is. 2) Bobo the Bear. I'm old enough to remember Clippy. Why bring him back, just under a new name?

Guilherme from Tenbu

Industry: Information Services

Facilitated company processes

It is an enjoyable experience, it made some company processes very easy and unbureaucratic, we have much more visibility of the projects and it unified some tasks that were made separately.

Pros

The ease of use to create tasks, manage hours spent on projects and have a centralized way to cast hours.

Cons

Some tools apparently have the same functionality and its not easy (as the other features) to design sprints and have visibility of them.

Glennon from Moovweb

Time tracking at its finest

Forecast allows me to solve the problem of reporting my time to upper management.

Pros

As an engineer there is nothing more rewarding than tracking my time. Forecast allows me to do that in a fun and easy way.

Cons

I don't get to use it enough - Forecast is the best application ever made!

Aaron from Waimakariri District Council

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pros

Cons

Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

I actually enjoy doing my timesheets

it is great to have individual task commenting. keeps the slack channels clean from mulitple project specific topics. It helps bridge the gap between PM's, designers and developers.

Pros

Timesheets are beautifully layed out, easy to add to (even from within tasks) and easy to add notes to specific tasks. Predictive tasks when adding to timesheets is great. Filters on project pages to see only your tasks, or only certain tasks filtered by tags is neat. Nice integrations and full REST API is a nice addition. have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations.

Cons

Because it is still a heavily developing application the UI changes every so often so you have to re-familiarise yourself with how it works.

François from Uptilab

Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself.

Forecast is a very great tool to organize yourself, especially in an agency with multiple projects and the need to have a control on planning and costs.

Pros

Forecast is really good to keep a planning on tracks and to have a view of your costs during the project.

Cons

With Forecast, you need to be very organized and the software is challenging because you can't start if you don't know what you are doing.

Jon from Influence Digital Limited

Brilliant and Intuitive Product

Fantastic. The customer service has been tremendous. A pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Simple, straightforward and easy to implement. Intuitive, thoughtful layout and architecture that is seamless and easy to use. No need for timely project management investment or to rework agency structure to fit the tool. A perfect solution.

Cons

Could be opportunity to improve UX for project or task briefing similar to that of Monday.com. But it's not a huge issue. For non-billable time. On the Budget section for projects, it would be nice if there could be totals for each Milestone across the lifespan of the project instead of a lump total. This would improve the experience for us.

alessia from Holition

The best team management tool so far

I can track my time in an amazing way and have all the information I need at hand for each task and also for every project

Pros

I have been a TFS user for years and never found a better management tool until I found Forecast. It is the clearest tool on the market so far, easy to use, full of functionalities. There's a lot o pros to it: - highly customizable -the time recording is amazing -comments and subtasks on cards are awesome -you can also tag other members of the team if you want them to read something

Cons

-when i record time, the record pop up is too small for the tasks names in the select -i'd like a clearer way to mark done subtasks rather than a checkbox

Great product so far

Overall, very positive experience so far.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, fantastic customer service.

Cons

Some display issues at times, have had some challenges with time entry (data disappeared).

Soham from TheAppLabb

Packed with Features but steep learning curve.

Our company was trying out the product to have better project planning and resource allocation but most of us do not want to use it because of the time it takes to log in tasks or hours.

Pros

The way the data is displayed is quite intuitive, the timelines, hours, pending hours and etc. I like how my upcoming tasks are shown on the dashboard with colour coding and also highlights due tasks.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep, even though I am tech savvy person, I found it difficult to begin with. I feel it has too many ways of achieveing the same outcome.

Samuel from Gumpo Ltd

Resource management and scheduling for studio projects

Couldn't recommend highly enough

Pros

Powerful reporting - easy to see where projects are over/under spending Fantastic UX with many control points throughout the software Provides a top level view of available resources per staff member Allows both retainer and project based scheduling Best in industry customer support

Cons

Great for planning & executing projects

better tracking of hours & progress of projects. we are an agency, so billable hours are very important. hi/lo expeced forecast possibility, makes for better expected time-to-build

Pros

Responsive; very quick & easy to use Insights adds value to project oversight & planning Same for scheduling Time tracking, sprint planning & progress all implemented very intuitive

Cons

not possible to use multiple timers no approve button after filling timesheet for double checks impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column

Rebecca from Million Tech Development Ltd.

Good for project collaboration

It helps team members see their tasks and update the progress easily.

Pros

Timeline showing progress of all projects in one screen; Kanban board showing project tasks; To-do list; Compare budget and expense.

Cons

Collaborator cannot see "Scoping" page; Cannot relate parent task with sub-tasks which have been split to new task; Cannot define Project Stage by user; Same set of Labels are commonly used in different fields, causing users hard to choose, and the labels become meaningless.

Customer service is fantastic and the software is great!

Pros

Forecast's easy to use interface and technology allows me to track the progress of my company's projects and forecast for the future. The customer service is also extremely quick to reply and answer any questions.

Cons

It would be great to have the ability to create my own reporting within forecast. Although there are a lot of reporting features, there a few that my company needs. Just a few more options would be helpful.

Dan from 200 Applications Ltd

Great potential, not there yet.

I can both plan the schedule of my team on high level and on task basis

Pros

The variety of features. You can both schedule and plan on a high level and also dive down to the little things.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are still quite a lot of bugs and bulkiness. I think the feature that is missing the most is being able to see on the scheduler that the resource was already allocated with tasks in the projects.

Christina from Massive Media

Intuitive Platform with Amazing Support

Pros

The flexibility for each team member to take ownership of their schedule. And the regular updates for features, and response from the support team.

User friendly tool

Forecast has helped me to have more organization in all my projects, collaborate with others, assign tasks and follow up on the progress of each one. You can easily record time invested for each activity which allows you to validate the real costs of the development of each one. I like it very much! and strongly recommend the use of Forecast for your company's projects.

Pros

- General overview of all your projects - Easy to follow up on all your tasks for each project - Collaboration tool - Allows you to review the work load of all your team members and assign tasks for each project.

Cons

- Difficulty to download a full report or export the progress of each project for a presentation

Jens from IO Digital Pty Ltd

Smooth, some hick-ups here and there.

Pros

The extensive overview over the time spent. Assignment of individuals to tasks. Seamless cross-platform interaction.

Cons

Stability is an issue at times. Navigating through various elements of the app in search of where you need to be can be problematic at first.

Stéphane from Nexus Innovations

Forecast - Awesome product!

Pros

Ease of use for entering time. Information is easily accessible.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind, except maybe improving the "Clock" feature, as I tend to forget it's running (maybe leveraging desktop notifications would help).

ben from lynx analytics

Great software with potential for improvement

Pros

Innovative software that looks like it was designed by project/product managers.

Cons

Feels rather new. Some gitches and bugs being worked out with implementations on the way. This should get better over time

Paul from ActionKPI

Forecast.app Admin / User

Pros

It is really easy to use and to get the hang of it. After setting up a full project or using it for a month you can practically become an expert.

Cons

The reporting is a bit lacking. Some improvements could be made here where you can use time filters to filter more on the graphs and charts opposed to looking at the full project. THis is one of our needs as we have clients on a "Support Contract" basis so the project will always be ongoing.

The best application for work

Pros

Organization in cards with progress and tables

Cons

unutil things to work, with a lot of options unutils

Julison from Weevex Ltda

Excellent UX, need some improvements on features

Better timesheet control, by card and by project.

Pros

Easy of use. Every feature available has a polished UX, that is simple, fast and clean. The way you create a project and associate cards (task) makes our job easier.

Cons

There are some features that I really missed: more reports, more flexibility on rates. Sometimes I need to export csv file just to combine with other information that's already in Forecast.

Ryan from Paciello Group

Efficient tool but not accessible to screen readers.

Pros

Forecast enhances the project management experience. It is helpful to have engineers see and enter time on their own projects.

Cons

The website is virtually unusable for anyone who is visually impaired and uses screen reading software. There is little to no keyboard access and the site does not follow accessibility standards.

Trina from Centro Nacional de Tecnologia Quimica MPPCTII

Complete and professional tool for e manage projects

Has everything needed to develop, planning and control any kind of projects within the organization

Pros

This easy-to-use tool makes the project team incorporate very quickly to use the software and share detailed information about tasks and activities in a very clear way during project lifecycle.

Cons

So far I have not had problems with the tool

Great product, easy to use

Pros

The timelines are great - it helps me see the "big picture" roadmap as well as my team's workload at any given point of a product's life cycle.

Cons

The UI is okay, and the UX is not the best - but once you get the hang of the product, it will pay off.

Great, great quality product!

Pros

Time-tracking, project-management and scheduling. Forecast is great for it!

Cons

We haven't found anything wrong about Forecast yet!