Forecast

Forecast Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It is easy to use and the overall look of the platform is great."
  • icon"Have yet to experiment with it, but could hold some awesome potential for custom integrations."
  • icon"I like how Forecast is intuitive, fast and most importantly, fun to use. When completing tasks, you get an avatar popping up telling you great job which is fund."
  • icon"No approve button after filling timesheet for double checks. Impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column."
  • icon"The website is virtually unusable for anyone who is visually impaired and uses screen reading software. There is little to no keyboard access and the site does not follow accessibility standards."
  • icon"Some display issues at times, have had some challenges with time entry (data disappeared)."

Have you used Forecast and would like to share your experience with others?

All Forecast Reviews

Guadalupe

This platform has amazing features which helps in automating your services

We were looking for a platform for both resource management and project management in one and after a long research we founded this one which is amazing to use and solved our problems very well. Now our company can easily manages resources and projects with the help of one solution and it is better to purchase because the cost is reasonable and it is far better than its alternatives in terms of features because it has a lot more to serve to its customers.

Pros

It enables artificial intelligence work automation, project management, resource management, team collaboration, integrations, finance and billings and time and team collaborations. It gives free trail to use. Their support is amazing. it can be accessed from android or from iOS too. It enables Jira integration to use easily. The feature it provides does not have in its competitive software.

Cons

I do not find as much bugs in this software but sometimes some features do not work properly and later fixed quickly. The scheduling needs little improved only apart from all these the overall software is perfect to use to automate your almost every service.

Dan

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great tool for complex business model

From day 1 the experience with the Forecast tool and the Forecast team has been excellent. Its clear that this is by no means a finished product which gives us users the flexibility to request new features with the knowledge we will be listened to. I look forward to a long relationship with the Forecast team

Pros

Constant and quick feature releases Listen to feedback and make updates based on customers needs Great performance very easy to use Jira integration is fantastic Lots of work done to improve the cost tracking and financial/budget elements Great communications and availability of Forecast team

Cons

Forecast initially catered for a very specific agency type business model that didn't fit with relayrs business model however through constant improvements and feedback the tool is getting closer to what is expected

Reasons for choosing Forecast

It scored the highest against all the criteria in our RFP process

Product remains immature, should pull back the aggressive sales

Overall the product is somewhat immature, not usable on mobile, their sales tactics are overly aggressive, and they make cancellation difficult.

Pros

Was good for budgeting and basic project tracking features.

Cons

Not usable on mobile devices, and disappointed by the aggressive upselling and hidden cancellation terms.

Rob

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Centreline Architecture Forecast Review

With Forecast we are easily able to plan our architectural projects and meet deadlines and stay within the allotted budgets. Forecast is consistently updating with new features and addons.

Pros

Forecast's customer support is one of the best I have ever had to work with. Second would be the ease of use for staff to help plan out projects and timelines.

Cons

Sometimes parts don't work correctly but they are quick to fix the issues.

Reasons for choosing Forecast

Ease of use and great value.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

Other software did not meet the needs of our office.

Sahar

Steep Learning Curve

Timeline management. One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pros

I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members. I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Cons

It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

Forecast is overall project management software while quickbooks was just for time management.

Sacha

Industry: Computer Games

Great, almost all-in-one tool

Previously, we had relied on a number of products to manage our projects and teams and while we're not there yet, Forecast seems to be the tool that will finally allow us to consolidate most of those other tools into one.

Pros

The integration of task tracking, time tracking, and resource allocation.

Cons

The budget pages are a bit confusing and it's a bit tedious to update task and time entries. It's quite expensive for a large team.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

None of our previous tool did everything we needed.

Jonatan

Great Software, Outstanding Customer Support

Pros

This software automates a lot of things in our planning / controlling / time reporting. If there are ever any problems, the outstanding customer support will gladly help out.

Cons

The API could you an OpenAPI / Swagger specification to make integrations slightly easier.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

We still use Bexio for the accounting part, but the controlling & time reporting are done in Forecast. The time reports are then synced to Bexio to be able to do all of the accounting.

Rajwant

Easy to use software

Pros

With other PM type software, they can be clunky and difficult to use. I like how Forecast is intuitive, fast and most importantly, fun to use. When completing tasks, you get an avatar popping up telling you great job which is fund.

Cons

There are a few bugs that need to be worked out with Gitlab syncing tasks to Forecast. More importantly, Gitlab uses markdown which Forecast would sometimes strip when it would sync a task.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

It was slow, clunky and didn't meet our needs.

Bruno

I tryed almost 50 tools before choose "Forecast" to work

After try almost 50 tools of "project management", "work management" (really, 50 tools, seriously), I chose "Forecast". It just makes sense. My team love it. The cost worth it.

Pros

- Beautiful, fast and easy to use interface. - The mix of Kanban and SCRUM just makes sense. - The way I track the work, attach files, and so on, everything works fine

Cons

- The mobile app has a lot of limitations, and there are a lot of features that only can be made in the browser interface.

Gordon

Really good software

increased staff efficiency , better communication with clients and delivering projects smoother within budgets

Pros

I trailed around 7/8 different project management softwares over a 6-month period, the main problem was i needed both project management and resource management which proved really hard to find. Either one was good at one and not the other etc but finding forecast really dealt with all my needs and although its taken 6 months to get all the data in and staff using effectively, the benefits have been fantastic. Projects are running smoother and we can control the budgets better.

Cons

There isnt much i find wrong with this software and the team are really good at taking on board our ideas and requests, i think the scheduling could be improved a little, but the forecast team are always looking to improve on a great product and im sure they will continue to improve.

Vimal

Big Fan of Forecast

Working with Forecast has been absolutely delightful. Inga our support / account manager is so good at explaining and getting more out of Forecast. Just based on this I would highly recommend Forecast

Pros

As a business owner, Forecast gives me real time project information and gives great insight on project include on time and on budget!

Cons

It's a lot to get your head around in one hit, but over the course of a few months everything starts to make sense.

Reasons for switching to Forecast

Wanted more reporting and financial detail.

RACHIDA

Can be improved for the team

i can manage the production of my team and much more with the budget plan

Pros

Share roadmap with client Overview on Team Tasks : forecast & timesheet Financial view and

Cons

Need to be more easy for the consultant when he schedule & timesheet task . for exemple it will be very efficient when the consultant create himself subtasks from the milestone and schedule it on his roadmap ---> to be visible on his weekly/monthly roadmap. other example : we have 100 hours for the milestone "run consulting" and i create a subtask 'reporting " 5 hours work. it will be great to update the amount of initial hours from the milestone ie : 95h ( does not work actually :( )

Reasons for choosing Forecast

Forecast is more user friendly :) and such more options

Not user friendly

Gareth

Simplified project management

I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pros

I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Cons

The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Gareth

Great application for time and task management.

As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pros

I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Cons

I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.

Alexis

Forecast helped us get organized.

Pros

The workflow view was helpful to our web developers because they were used to using that type of system. The benefit Forecast provided our team was coupling that feature with the ability to manage general traffic flow, work accountability and timelines for projects.

Cons

We experienced a few bugs with browser compatibility and Google docs. The reporting structure is also not as robust for the reports we need to generate for internal review and our clients.

Ben

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.