What are Freedcamp users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Freedcamp software through verified user reviews

• icon"For myself, i love Freedcamp because of its simplicity (based on my settings) and ability to quickly view open tasks and where my daily priorities are."
  • icon"Plus ease of use, a slick UI and a very thought-trough incremental improvement process of functionality usefull to all users."
  • icon"Freedcamp is very user friendly and easy to understand. It has helped me to organize and plan more effectively."
  • icon"Scheduling of repeating tasks is confusing as it does not show up in the long term view. At time I have to wonder whether system has missed it."
  • icon"The fact that you can only have 3 columns on the kanban board, and the lack of we sockets, you need to refresh quite often when collaborating."
  • icon"Not enough link between tasks, discussions and the calendar, which means that we are sometimes a bit lost to find some discussions around projects."

Browse all Freedcamp Reviews

• Have you used Freedcamp and would like to share your experience with others?

Alexandra

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A hidden gem in the world of SaaS PM tools

We were looking for a one-stop solution to handle our internal and client projects from end-to-end. So far, Freedcamp has met all of our needs. We're finding new uses for it every day.

Pros

Excellent feature set that integrates task, project, and time management apps together very nicely, with surprise features like password management, wikis, chat/notes, and invoicing. Handles both internal and external teams/projects and users well. Customizable. It's not bloated or slow like many enterprise-wide systems, but also offers many robust functionalities that make it much stronger than you'd first notice. Offer many different views and apps/functions, so it can truly be adapted to your needs. It can be a simple task manager, or a full planning tool. Appreciate the integration with other platforms and export options. Wonderful customer support. Good documentation and training.

Cons

Not much. So far almost every desired feature or functionality that I can think of either exists already or is planned for development. The UI is a little out-dated but they are currently releasing updates. The mobile app could use some more functionality.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

It was initially a decision based on cost, but I'd gladly choose Freedcamp again over other tools!

Christopher

All In One Business Management @ Amazing Prices

I think what impresses me about Freedcamp the most is the level of support. I asked about an automation feature I needed to maximize my workflow, and they rolled it out across the whole platform not long after! I have tons of experience with SaaS but this is next level.

Pros

I love how accessible the team here has made Freedcamp to just about anyone. At first this devalued the whole thing in my mind, until I started trying out the premium features. I love how responsive the team is, and how customizable the software is. Between the combination of these two things, you can achieve pretty much anything you can imagine as far as project management software goes. The enterprise features are super cool too. The custom domain is almost unheard of in this space, tie that in with the branding and wow my mind is blown.

Cons

The learning curve. There is SO many features that figuring out how to prioritize and train on the ones you want to use can be overwhelming. I think this is a good problem to have, but it must be taken into consideration especially with larger organizations

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

I loved the customizability, but it wasn't unified enough to scale.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Wasnt happy with the support and constant price increases. I was also looking for something where I could customize domain and branding which Asana cannot do.

Jorge

June 2022

Great software for team management

Great experience. I use it for my team and is just the perfect mix between functionality and power and easiness of use.

Pros

I like that it works according your needs. If you need Gant Chart, or a Kanban workflow, or a table task view of your project you can easily do so. The team is really active and improving everytime to make better the software.

Cons

Some functionalities (like Wiki) could improve on the interface. Sometimes it has so much features that can be a little step learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

It just had the functionalities that our team needed and fit perfect for our taste.

Olga

It was struggle, struggle and struggle again

See above Switching to another tool (basecamp) was something I lobbied and asked and could support myself through my organisation but the project coordinator who liked the tool was not in favour of any changes. The project is almost over, I will be happy to forget this nightmare. Please do more usability testing and make software user friendly!

Pros

The only thing I liked it that the person who implemented it seemed to enjoy all the intricacies of the tool . I can imagine that computer science background was of help to this person. Otherwise, as a user I found this the worst software package I had to use in my entire professional life.

Cons

3 years of struggle with each functionality of the tool - discussion threads, status, notifications etc. make it impossible to name one thing. I wonder whether there was any form of usability testing with new users ? I doubt it. I conquered the tool each time I needed some response from colleagues badly however it was never easy and I gave up doing an additional e-mail round to be sure the message reached the addressee.

Response from Freedcamp

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rarely get complaints like these, but we will consider implementing more usability testing. I would also like to add that we have no record of you ever being in contact with our support team, so I think the 1/5 rating in that category is a bit unfair.

Replied August 2020

Abu Bakkar

Industry: Program Development

May 2022

Freedcamp is an awesome project management tools

Freedcamp is an Awesome project management tool for your project with your team. It can track and get reports of the teamwork easily.

Pros

The interface of Freedcamp to convenient and easy to manage.

Cons

Need to improve graphical color combination

I feel prefer Freedcamp than Trello

Piotr

Easy, yet powerfull tool that will make your day

Very useful, we did couple of years 100% in Freedcamp, successfully making small, medium and large complex projects.

Pros

It's perfectly balanced, it's not so complicated and "heavy" as Jira, but more powerfull than Trello. Gives ability to quickly go thru tasks, create new ones, collaborate. Password manager is also quite usefull.

Cons

The calendar could be better. This product lack space for creating docs, like Conflunce.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Best overall balance (ease of use, powerful)

Danilo

Excellent project and task management software

I have a company that provides financial organization services to small companies in Brazil. Freedcamp helps me to control all tasks on all clients. It helps me to monitor collaborators, tasks and events that must be developed in my clients' companies.

Pros

The calendar and task management help me in day-to-day project management for clients. The software is easy to use. Technical support is very fast and efficient.

Cons

There is nothing that you did not like. Every time I have a suggestion for improvement I speak directly with the support that responds to me in an instant.

Freedcamp is amazing and a life saver overall

It is an amazing amount of software for the free tier and I highly recommend it for those with large teams, and those with small minimal teams the premium version is well worth it.

Pros

Freedcamp is an amazing tool on the free version. For a company like mine, where I have a lot of different clients, and they have a lot of different marketers, designers, etc. that often need to be included on their tasks and conversations, it makes all the sense in the world for me to use this free tool... It organizes each client into its own project and we are able to create different types of task lists etc.

Cons

There are features in the pro/paid version that I would LOVE to have... The problem here is that if you have 30 - 50 clients, with 2 - 5 persons on each team, all with varying degrees of involvement on their website but all need to be kept in the loop on what tasks are open and what arent... It becomes impossible to upgrade, because I would have to upgrade for each user license... This kept me from an awesome appsumo deal that I really wanted to buy, but didnt make sense. My suggestion to them would be able to find a way to have just a few users, or even just one, that has the capabilities to upgrade the plan, and create subtasks, etc. while still keeping the same functionality for the free tier users. I NEED the clients to be able to create, edit, etc. their own tasks. I would literally lose functionality and the ability to use the platform for upgrading. My 2 cents.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Basecamp, while overall a little better than Freedcamp, was far too expensive for my use case.

Shawngela

Freedcamp is an Amazing Project Management Software that is insanely affordable!

Freedcamp solved a desperate need for me to have an affordable project management software that fit my needs. Freedcamp fits that and more. I upgraded to the business plan and couldn't be more happy. The business plan for 5+ years, is far cheaper than what I was paying for a competitor for one year.

Pros

Freedcamp helps me easily see my upcoming tasks, tasks that are past due and comments on projects that need my attention.

Cons

As much as I love Freedcamp, I would say that setting it up, although not hard, did require some attention to detail. Figuring out how to add individual people and how to turn on specific apps for each project wasn't as intuitive as I would have liked. Having said this, after a few videos, I was up and going.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Freedcamp offered more features and at the best price! I am still amazed and grateful for how much it offers. Thank you Freedcamp!

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Smartsheet was way too expensive for my company. I did like the features, but there were also some downfalls to using the spreadsheet model. I do prefer the setup of Freedcamp better.

Nathan

More flexible and overviewable than Trello or Asana

I had to really take time to learn how Freedcamp works and hey, aren't we all just impatient and don't we just want to start right away? With tools like these, it just doesn't work that way. That's just being straightforward. Freedcamp is a solution that has many features and functionalities so you have to take your time to get into it. But once you get the hang of it, you're glad you went for Freedcamp. After I searched for and installed the app on my PC, I'm a happy (Freed)camper, because it makes it even more easy to work with because it opens each time I start up my PC and I don't have to have a browser tab open.

Pros

There's just so much you can do with Freedcamp and they're still evolving the app, so it's getting better all the time.

Cons

The fact that you can do so much with Freedcamp can be overwhelming. It takes time to get used to, but once you are used to it, man it's a game changer.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Because Freedcamp has more options and fits my ADHD brain better. :-)

Alex

Free-camp is a wonderful project management software for Freelancers and small businesses

I have been using Freedcamp for 4 or 5 years, i started using it because unlike many other similar tools, there is no restrictions about the clients or members. In fact, all this time i have used the free version and it has helped me to get organized and focus

Pros

I was looking for a project management tool that would keep my projects and tasks organized in one place and I found this. Freedcamp is an online project management software that gives you the ability to manage all your clients's tasks in one place. The best part about this tool is that the free version is very generous.

Cons

If you need some specific functions you would need to pay some addons, other than that, if you are a freelancer, the free version will be enough.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Because with Freedcamp i can do everything and more than with Basecamp, plus i do not to pay to use it, that is a big plus in my case!

Love Freedcamp

Pros

Really easy to use, great features, fantastic pricing, great support.

Cons

The API could be better - not always intuitive or clear.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Cheaper; used it before; colleagues liked it; nice to support one of the smaller guys.

Chirag

All-In-One Project Management Tool

Pros

It's a solid platform without any glitches and errors. It has many features but I personally like their bulk task creation, you can import a list from an excel file and create tasks in bulk, don't know of many PM tools that have this feature. It also many other 3rd party integrations and works seamlessly.

Cons

There is a learnig curve and I feel like Freedcamp UI/UX isn't updated as per the current trends. There are so many things you can do with this tool but it's overwhelming.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Integrations and ability to import tasks in bulk.

Eric

Industry: Law Practice

Great (Unknown) Project Mgmt Tool

I use Freedcamp every day and love it. It is general enough to be useful in any industry, but it has enough features and functionality to be useful for specific industries like mine (legal) that have a significant need for quality project mgmt software.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Freedcamp plus it has so many features, it is hard to pick just the best one. I judge software, in part, on how much I enjoy using it. Is it useful, beneficial, or even fun to use? Or, does it leave me disappointed, confused, or frustrated. Freedcamp is a joy to use, and it helps me keep my projects on track as well as my coworkers. I am surprised it is not as well known as some competitors like Trello. It should be!

Cons

Freedcamp has some complexity in terms of customizing projects, groups, etc. It can be done but there is a slight learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Number of features favored Freedcamp over Breeze, and it is more affordable than Asana. No other software compared.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Trello was too general for my needs and features not robust enough.

EW

Industry: Writing and Editing

For small organizations, this is a great free option

Pros

I'm a freelancer working with several different clients. I use Freedcamp with clients who aren't already using another project-management service, and the free version gives me everything I need. My clients don't take to it immediately; they prefer to rely on email for most communication and file-sharing, but for my own personal projects or for working with subcontractors, I like the file-sharing capabilities and the calendar integrations. Filling out an honest survey about why Freedcamp has been a useful solution is the very least that I can do to thank them for keeping a free option for the platform, so here I am!

Cons

I wish that I didn't have to pay to get the ability to copy projects, but it was smart business for them to withhold that from the free service, because I've *almost* broken down and gotten it. But I'm a penny-pincher, so I'm holding out. I also still haven't quite figured out how to get global teams working quite right, but that's probably on me!

Trello and Slack

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

I often say that I have a PC brain and that I just don't think in Apple. The same is true about project-management services. I "got" Freedcamp in a way that I didn't "get" Trello and other services. Some of them had way too many choices and customizations, and I couldn't get a free option with others. It was free to try Freedcamp, and I've never needed anything else.

Mustafa

Freedcamp a great project management tool

A great product and fits all budgets with basic functionality kept free. And the power users can purchase advanced functionality as paid plugins

Pros

Freed camps Task management is very powerful. The free version doesn't have sub tasks option but it can be bought as a paid plugin. Also has time logging for developers and milestones which are very critical in project managements. The best part is these also are available in free version.

Cons

The time log export is a bit clumsy and needs some updates. The filters don't always work. At least on my Mac.

Trello

Trello

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

The trello is also a good product but its flexibility in kan ban is a bit too complex. While the basic kan ban structure of freedcamp appealed me.

Sandra

Industry: Graphic Design

Freedcamp works for my business

Overall I think Freedcamp is good for managing the design and marketing projects that I do for clients. It allows me to keep files, discussions, and other details related to the project in one place.

Pros

I like that I can do a variety of things in one place. I can exchange files with clients or subcontractors. I can start discussions with clients or subcontractors. Or I can use the discussion feature to make notes for myself. I like the timer feature where I can track the time spent on a project. I also like the tasks feature to keep track of what I need to do.

Cons

There are certain things I would like to do in the software, but I am not sure how to do them. I don't know if they are possible, or perhaps I need more training to understand how to accomplish them. One thing is I would like to hide the archived projects, so I don't have to scroll through them every time I am trying to select a project.

Podio

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

I thought Freedcamp had better features.

Response from Freedcamp

Hi, Sandra! You should know that it's possible to hide archived projects. Click your user name in the right side of the menu and select Manage System. Then, click the settings icon and choose the option "Hide Archived Projects" if you have any other questions, let us know at help@freedcamp.com

Replied August 2020

Jamie

If you want a project management software that works for you...

One unexpected benefit of Freedcamp is the improvement to the staff’s morale when I don’t have to do nearly as much micro-managing and instead they can see in writing exactly what is expected, the due date, communicate progress, etc. without a manager constantly asking. It also makes editing or correcting errors or mistakes more like collaboration than like corrections.

Pros

Freedcamp is so incredibly intuitive and user friendly, not to mention, each time I have ever had a hiccup or a desired result from the software that I couldn’t achieve on my own, I just emailed support and they were able to customize from the back end to make it do anything I needed. I can’t say enough about the amount of time this tool saves me as chief of operations and I can’t imagine doing my job without it.

Cons

The only feature I feel could be improved significantly is the “email in” feature. It’s quite cumbersome the first time you email into a project and if you are like me, you have so many projects going at one time that it is not convenient to have to log in, go to the project, select email in, copy the address and then alter it depending on if it’s a file, discussion, etc.

Basecamp

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Honestly, after utilizing the free trial of Freedcamp, there wasn’t anything that I felt like it was missing or couldn’t do. And as far as file storage, the integration with google drive made it an easy sell as google is primarily free and/or completely inexpensive.

Gustavo Emiliano

Industry: Program Development

Mis comentarios

Me encanta lo uso para gestionar mis proyectos. Solamente estoy tratando de ver como integrar esto: - mi bloc de notas de OneNote donde llevo notas diarias - mi bandeja de entrada de oultook donde marco emails diarios y esos van a parar a: - TO- DO de microsoft Esas 3 herramientas aun las sigo usando , ademas de Freedcamp, no puedo despegarme de ellas ya que no encuentro como hacer eso mismo de forma eficiente en Freedcamp. Saludos!

Pros

Hi i speak spanish, sory. I need write in spanish. Hola, bueno el producto la verdad me parece excelente. Soy un admirador de este desarrollo y me gusta muchisimo. Lamentablemente aqui en Argentina el pais donde vivo el costo del dolar en relacion a la moneda local es muy alto 1 dolar = 100 pesos argentinos :-(

Cons

Yo intentaria que no "mezclaran" el idioma English con el Spanish, porque hay muchisimas palabras en Ingles en la version español que confunden. Lo mismo con algunos modismos que usan en USA son diferentes en español.- Otra cosa que no me agrada mucho en cuestion de diseño son algunos elementos demasiado "grandes" como botones o elementos de diseño que tienen un tamaño grande y ocupan mucha pantalla en cuanto a la usabilidad y experiencia de usuario. Yo dejaria todo como está pero con algunos elementos mas "delicados" . Si bien se nota que comenzó con un estilo minimalista luego fue tomando color con demasiados objetos que no tienen mucha relevancia en el uso diario. Y otra contra que encuentro es la dificultad para enteder los roles de los usuarios que no pagan, es decir no entiendo bien si puedo incluir a un cliente mio dentro y el que privilegios de usuario tiene. La parte de roles de usuarios no es clara, por lo menos en la version español presta a confusion. Son detalles, si algun dia quieren que haga un analisis completo bien hecho solo me lo tienen que pedir y estaré orgulloso de poder ayudarlos. Hago sitios web desde el año 200 :-)

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Because it shows that he has another spirit, there are not many competitions. Basecamp is like the old man that never modernizes and is expensive. And at freedcamp I constantly see intentions to improve day by day. Another thing I use it for is that once I had a question I emailed the founder of Freedcamp and he answered the email. That attitude seemed very good to me and demonstrating the quality of thought of its creator with users like me.

Freedcamp is a great project management tool that allows teams to collaborate.

Overall Freedcamp is great tool for project management.

Pros

Using the entry-level (free) set up covers a lot of needs for most uses. This allows you to use the software and learn what works and doesn't for your team and fully gauge the need for paid services.

Cons

Expanding their add-ons to a variety of applications is probably the biggest issue. Though not a huge blocker, it opens up the application to be used by more companies already mid-stride in their business decisions. For example, Freshbooks integrates with the invoicing application but it takes some work to get Quickbooks to do so.

Asana and ClickUp

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

It fit our needs better.

Basecamp

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

For the money, Basecamp didn't deliver anything particularly special that many less expensive applications offer.

Tom

Extraordinary Value, Flexibility, Features, Support, UI/UX that keeps improving

My consulting, ops and support support teams (from 3 to 20) have been using Freedcamp since 2017. Started with the free version which was met earlier requirements and quickly upgraded to the Business Plan. The platform has consistently met/exceeded my requirements for the wide range of use cases that my company encounters as we help internal and external clients with all aspects of business and product launches, turn-arounds, and M&As. The Freedcamp leadership, dev and support teams have always been responsive, they listen closely to the users, meet promised release dates and quickly roll out fixes and improvements that match or are better than competing platforms and customer feedback/requests

Pros

Features and Functions that match or greatly improve upon other all the popular platforms I've used Clean, customizable, well designed and easy to learn and use UI / UX Very easy to deploy, onboard new users (internal teams, distributed workgroups, and contractors and clients) Powerful and flexible for both experienced users & project managers (agile and waterfall) and for people with limited to no tech skills Helpful and intuitive dashboard, reporting, tracking, drill downs, integrations with popular workgroup and collaboration platforms including Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc Fast and continuous platform improvements Cost/Benefit/Feature set offers a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Cons

The CRM module is functional and usable, and may meet the needs of organizations that are seeking a single platform for project management, support, and customer contact management - but it's not as mature or feature-rich as many popular stand-alone 3rd party CRMs.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Cost/Benefit/Feature set offered a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Asana

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

My teams typically work across Project Management platforms with a wide variety of complex external business situations, cultures, users, skills and competencies, etc - and subsequently need to manage and adapt internal workflows with external customer. Freedcamp has been the easiest to use and adapt to every situation and user as we work simultaneously in customer deployments of Asana, Basecamp, Excel spreadsheets, Slack, Teams, or the freemium platform de jour. I have often heard my team say "why can't I do [insert function, use case or feature] in XYZ Platform like I can do in Freedcamp?

Malice

Project Management That's Not a Project to Manage

Pros

Freedcamp has been indispensable to our company, both in our nascent and more developed business stages. It's interface is straightforward, and its robust feature set allowed us to utilize new tools as our business grew and demanded more. Key among those was a built-in time tracker that allowed us to better and more accurately quote projects. Its free features were sufficient for our needs in the beginning, but the price point for upgrading to Business/Enterprise level was also reasonable, especially compared to similar platforms. We were also able to start using it "out of the box" rather than some other platforms we tried out, where merely setting everything up was an investment of time and resources we, as a small business, just didn't have.

Cons

The mobile app is not as robust as the browser-based application, but the company has been making improvements on that front.

Jira and Asana

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

The initial price point (free) and the ease with which we could set things up without needing to invest a ton of time and energy into getting it where it needed to be to suit our needs.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A great balance of complexity and features but a bit of a learning curve

Complex academic research projects with collaboration among Canadian and Tanzanian teams.

Pros

Web-based so easy to add on team members regardless of their hardware and experience. Flexible; can assign tasks, dates, priorities, people and can create several levels of sub-tasks. I like the integration with Dropbox so that files are easily available to all partners and access does not depend on Freedcamp itself. If I ever decide to stop using Freedcamp, I won't have valuable files locked into Freedcamp that I'll have to download before quiting. The support is superb; emails are answered quickly, often within hours and questions answered accurately and concisely without the usual boilerplate text verbiage that many software companies (esp. the big ones) like to indulge in. Switching between the list and Kanban views is very nice.

Cons

With complex projects, the webpages can begin to be very cluttered. As well, the default for finished tasks in to us a strike-out font as opposed to hiding or archiving them so one may see a page where the majority of text is struck out. reporting is rudimentary, basically a summary of tasks and a time period with little customization possible. I would like, for example, to be able to generate a report by individual team member of all of their assigned tasks and deadlines.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Please see above comments. Basically, it was a nice balance between complexity and ease of use and it is also considerably cheaper to scale up to more features or more users than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

I tried Asana when it first came out but could never make it work for me. I also tried Freedcamp a few years ago, gave up, and then came back last year. I think project management software by its very nature is complex and different interfaces will appeal to different people. I think people who are trying to decide should settle on 2-3 candidates and then spend a couple of hours with each one mocking up a project, creating tasks etc. to get a feel for which will be suitable.

Val

Great value and great features

The experience was really good, as I mention before the only hassle is the user and roles management. I was able to set up my projects right away and start to focus on he actual activities.

Pros

One of the things that got me using Freedcamp is that the free plan its actually functional in the long run, you can do a lot in the free trier, so you can actually spend time getting to know the software and exploring it. I like that you can create as many projects as you like and you can change how you can view your project to suit the needs of that specific project. Adding task and sub task and changing the status its super easy. You just drag and drop. In general the projects are super flexible (you can add the modules you need for each project)and very easy to use.

Cons

The roles and teams are probably the only thing that's a bit complex, and how to manage that. I think there are probably to many and there are a lot of option sin how you can manage it, so that's what makes it a bit confussing.

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Already using it in the free plan and price was also a factor. The features also cover what I need.

Freedcamp for Higher Ed IT Project Management

It just works and helps minimize the amount of communication overhead with team members when compared with other products. If you've used a social networking platform and a task list, you can use Freedcamp.

Pros

The value proposition for the price was outstanding. Core desired features are included without a mandatory subscription at the highest level. Licensing is also based on role and flexible use. This keeps operational costs low .

Cons

There is a lack of task dependencies/linking unless leveraging the highest edition if the product. Also, areas of the UX make performing bulk operations difficult (e x: mass assignment of status/priority/assignee)

Microsoft Project, Basecamp and Trello

Reasons for choosing Freedcamp

Ease of use. Functionality. Price.

Smartsheet

Reasons for switching to Freedcamp

Price and better UX adoption.

Freedcamp