• Pros

• "The free option is great! Interface is simple and efficace!"

• "It's easy to use, it was easy for me to adjust for it, very intuitive."

• "This software is easy to use. It is very logical and has tons of use cases. The workflow is efficient yet powerful. Support is very responsive and professional."

• Cons

• "The mobile app is not as robust as the browser-based application, but the company has been making improvements on that front."

• "Puede ser un poco confuso la configuración de los proyectos, pero con práctica no tendrás problemas"

• "there were a few problems I had early on, but they were fixed within a few updates."

Browse Freedcamp Reviews

Val from MeteorIT

Great value and great features

The experience was really good, as I mention before the only hassle is the user and roles management. I was able to set up my projects right away and start to focus on he actual activities.

Pros

One of the things that got me using Freedcamp is that the free plan its actually functional in the long run, you can do a lot in the free trier, so you can actually spend time getting to know the software and exploring it. I like that you can create as many projects as you like and you can change how you can view your project to suit the needs of that specific project. Adding task and sub task and changing the status its super easy. You just drag and drop. In general the projects are super flexible (you can add the modules you need for each project)and very easy to use.

Cons

The roles and teams are probably the only thing that's a bit complex, and how to manage that. I think there are probably to many and there are a lot of option sin how you can manage it, so that's what makes it a bit confussing.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Already using it in the free plan and price was also a factor. The features also cover what I need.

Christopher from Owl SEM

All In One Business Management @ Amazing Prices

I think what impresses me about Freedcamp the most is the level of support. I asked about an automation feature I needed to maximize my workflow, and they rolled it out across the whole platform not long after! I have tons of experience with SaaS but this is next level.

Pros

I love how accessible the team here has made Freedcamp to just about anyone. At first this devalued the whole thing in my mind, until I started trying out the premium features. I love how responsive the team is, and how customizable the software is. Between the combination of these two things, you can achieve pretty much anything you can imagine as far as project management software goes. The enterprise features are super cool too. The custom domain is almost unheard of in this space, tie that in with the branding and wow my mind is blown.

Cons

The learning curve. There is SO many features that figuring out how to prioritize and train on the ones you want to use can be overwhelming. I think this is a good problem to have, but it must be taken into consideration especially with larger organizations

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

I loved the customizability, but it wasn't unified enough to scale.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Wasnt happy with the support and constant price increases. I was also looking for something where I could customize domain and branding which Asana cannot do.

Monika from Office Work Done

Awesome Project Management Aoftware

Very pleased. Excellent Customer Service! I haven not had an issue that went unresolved. I haven’t had many issues at all but the ones I did was completely resolved above my expectations.

Pros

Lots of features to completely develop a projects from sun projects to milestones to tasks and time recording

Cons

The dashboard could be a bit easier to navigate. I love the new feature of pinning most recent projects to top of dashboard

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Pricing and the ability to share projects with clients and those outside my organization

Olga from Open Universiteit Nederland

It was struggle, struggle and struggle again

See above Switching to another tool (basecamp) was something I lobbied and asked and could support myself through my organisation but the project coordinator who liked the tool was not in favour of any changes. The project is almost over, I will be happy to forget this nightmare. Please do more usability testing and make software user friendly!

Pros

The only thing I liked it that the person who implemented it seemed to enjoy all the intricacies of the tool . I can imagine that computer science background was of help to this person. Otherwise, as a user I found this the worst software package I had to use in my entire professional life.

Cons

3 years of struggle with each functionality of the tool - discussion threads, status, notifications etc. make it impossible to name one thing. I wonder whether there was any form of usability testing with new users ? I doubt it. I conquered the tool each time I needed some response from colleagues badly however it was never easy and I gave up doing an additional e-mail round to be sure the message reached the addressee.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied August 2020

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rarely get complaints like these, but we will consider implementing more usability testing. I would also like to add that we have no record of you ever being in contact with our support team, so I think the 1/5 rating in that category is a bit unfair.

Nathan from Optimus Online

More flexible and overviewable than Trello or Asana

I had to really take time to learn how Freedcamp works and hey, aren't we all just impatient and don't we just want to start right away? With tools like these, it just doesn't work that way. That's just being straightforward. Freedcamp is a solution that has many features and functionalities so you have to take your time to get into it. But once you get the hang of it, you're glad you went for Freedcamp. After I searched for and installed the app on my PC, I'm a happy (Freed)camper, because it makes it even more easy to work with because it opens each time I start up my PC and I don't have to have a browser tab open.

Pros

There's just so much you can do with Freedcamp and they're still evolving the app, so it's getting better all the time.

Cons

The fact that you can do so much with Freedcamp can be overwhelming. It takes time to get used to, but once you are used to it, man it's a game changer.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Because Freedcamp has more options and fits my ADHD brain better. :-)

Michael from eDine

Freedcamp is amazing and a life saver overall

It is an amazing amount of software for the free tier and I highly recommend it for those with large teams, and those with small minimal teams the premium version is well worth it.

Pros

Freedcamp is an amazing tool on the free version. For a company like mine, where I have a lot of different clients, and they have a lot of different marketers, designers, etc. that often need to be included on their tasks and conversations, it makes all the sense in the world for me to use this free tool... It organizes each client into its own project and we are able to create different types of task lists etc.

Cons

There are features in the pro/paid version that I would LOVE to have... The problem here is that if you have 30 - 50 clients, with 2 - 5 persons on each team, all with varying degrees of involvement on their website but all need to be kept in the loop on what tasks are open and what arent... It becomes impossible to upgrade, because I would have to upgrade for each user license... This kept me from an awesome appsumo deal that I really wanted to buy, but didnt make sense. My suggestion to them would be able to find a way to have just a few users, or even just one, that has the capabilities to upgrade the plan, and create subtasks, etc. while still keeping the same functionality for the free tier users. I NEED the clients to be able to create, edit, etc. their own tasks. I would literally lose functionality and the ability to use the platform for upgrading. My 2 cents.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Basecamp, while overall a little better than Freedcamp, was far too expensive for my use case.

Shawngela from Seek Within You, LLC

Freedcamp is an Amazing Project Management Software that is insanely affordable!

Freedcamp solved a desperate need for me to have an affordable project management software that fit my needs. Freedcamp fits that and more. I upgraded to the business plan and couldn't be more happy. The business plan for 5+ years, is far cheaper than what I was paying for a competitor for one year.

Pros

Freedcamp helps me easily see my upcoming tasks, tasks that are past due and comments on projects that need my attention.

Cons

As much as I love Freedcamp, I would say that setting it up, although not hard, did require some attention to detail. Figuring out how to add individual people and how to turn on specific apps for each project wasn't as intuitive as I would have liked. Having said this, after a few videos, I was up and going.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Freedcamp offered more features and at the best price! I am still amazed and grateful for how much it offers. Thank you Freedcamp!

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Smartsheet was way too expensive for my company. I did like the features, but there were also some downfalls to using the spreadsheet model. I do prefer the setup of Freedcamp better.

Alexandra from Stratenym Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A hidden gem in the world of SaaS PM tools

We were looking for a one-stop solution to handle our internal and client projects from end-to-end. So far, Freedcamp has met all of our needs. We're finding new uses for it every day.

Pros

Excellent feature set that integrates task, project, and time management apps together very nicely, with surprise features like password management, wikis, chat/notes, and invoicing. Handles both internal and external teams/projects and users well. Customizable. It's not bloated or slow like many enterprise-wide systems, but also offers many robust functionalities that make it much stronger than you'd first notice. Offer many different views and apps/functions, so it can truly be adapted to your needs. It can be a simple task manager, or a full planning tool. Appreciate the integration with other platforms and export options. Wonderful customer support. Good documentation and training.

Cons

Not much. So far almost every desired feature or functionality that I can think of either exists already or is planned for development. The UI is a little out-dated but they are currently releasing updates. The mobile app could use some more functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

It was initially a decision based on cost, but I'd gladly choose Freedcamp again over other tools!

Almost perfect, but not quite

Pros

When you get down to it, it is pretty simple. I've had to spend more time than i prefer on setup. Wish there was a service for that piece.

Cons

It has been a beast to implement and drive users to the tool. The lag in updates hurts us as times when new things are added, we have to wait a solid 2-3 min before they show up for the team. This lag is just enough time for "i don't see it on my freedcamp" emails. I also wish there was a better way to limit view to team members. This is what is on your plate today, period.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

My project managers chose this tool based on their research for what they needed.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

I prefer the gaant or list view, tiles don't give me a good overview of everything moving.

Carlos from Faculty of Psychology, UNAM

Great tool for any size company

Pros

It is easy to use even for non-tech people and offers the possibility to connect all your work with other platforms where the team usually keep their files and program their activities like dropbox or gdrive and gcalendar, so, is very useful to have this conectivity

Cons

Some free features were moved only for subscription accounts without notice, anyway, the subscription is not expensive but some notification would be appreciated.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

It is easy to use and add new features that my team needs including the mobile app.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Redboot change the free accounts to make them useless for teams with more than 2 people

Megan from Vici Media Inc.

Our preferred Project management tool

Pros

We manage complicated product on boarding projects with sometimes 50 tasks, hundreds of comments and documents that we need to keep organized. This is our preferred communication tool. You receive and email every time the project is updated and can assign tasks. You get daily recaps on each board. Currently managing 23 betas using this program.

Cons

Learning how to work it was challenging for me (we had so many projects just finding them was hard even using the search tool) but I got the hang of it

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

A lot clunkier and it seemed more tasking then just emailing a person

Eric from Young Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Great (Unknown) Project Mgmt Tool

I use Freedcamp every day and love it. It is general enough to be useful in any industry, but it has enough features and functionality to be useful for specific industries like mine (legal) that have a significant need for quality project mgmt software.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Freedcamp plus it has so many features, it is hard to pick just the best one. I judge software, in part, on how much I enjoy using it. Is it useful, beneficial, or even fun to use? Or, does it leave me disappointed, confused, or frustrated. Freedcamp is a joy to use, and it helps me keep my projects on track as well as my coworkers. I am surprised it is not as well known as some competitors like Trello. It should be!

Cons

Freedcamp has some complexity in terms of customizing projects, groups, etc. It can be done but there is a slight learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Number of features favored Freedcamp over Breeze, and it is more affordable than Asana. No other software compared.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Trello was too general for my needs and features not robust enough.

EW from Laughing Saint Editorial LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

For small organizations, this is a great free option

Pros

I'm a freelancer working with several different clients. I use Freedcamp with clients who aren't already using another project-management service, and the free version gives me everything I need. My clients don't take to it immediately; they prefer to rely on email for most communication and file-sharing, but for my own personal projects or for working with subcontractors, I like the file-sharing capabilities and the calendar integrations. Filling out an honest survey about why Freedcamp has been a useful solution is the very least that I can do to thank them for keeping a free option for the platform, so here I am!

Cons

I wish that I didn't have to pay to get the ability to copy projects, but it was smart business for them to withhold that from the free service, because I've *almost* broken down and gotten it. But I'm a penny-pincher, so I'm holding out. I also still haven't quite figured out how to get global teams working quite right, but that's probably on me!

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

I often say that I have a PC brain and that I just don't think in Apple. The same is true about project-management services. I "got" Freedcamp in a way that I didn't "get" Trello and other services. Some of them had way too many choices and customizations, and I couldn't get a free option with others. It was free to try Freedcamp, and I've never needed anything else.

Mustafa from Matrix Softwares

Freedcamp a great project management tool

A great product and fits all budgets with basic functionality kept free. And the power users can purchase advanced functionality as paid plugins

Pros

Freed camps Task management is very powerful. The free version doesn't have sub tasks option but it can be bought as a paid plugin. Also has time logging for developers and milestones which are very critical in project managements. The best part is these also are available in free version.

Cons

The time log export is a bit clumsy and needs some updates. The filters don't always work. At least on my Mac.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

The trello is also a good product but its flexibility in kan ban is a bit too complex. While the basic kan ban structure of freedcamp appealed me.

Sandra from The Graphics House LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Freedcamp works for my business

Overall I think Freedcamp is good for managing the design and marketing projects that I do for clients. It allows me to keep files, discussions, and other details related to the project in one place.

Pros

I like that I can do a variety of things in one place. I can exchange files with clients or subcontractors. I can start discussions with clients or subcontractors. Or I can use the discussion feature to make notes for myself. I like the timer feature where I can track the time spent on a project. I also like the tasks feature to keep track of what I need to do.

Cons

There are certain things I would like to do in the software, but I am not sure how to do them. I don't know if they are possible, or perhaps I need more training to understand how to accomplish them. One thing is I would like to hide the archived projects, so I don't have to scroll through them every time I am trying to select a project.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

I thought Freedcamp had better features.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied August 2020

Hi, Sandra! You should know that it's possible to hide archived projects. Click your user name in the right side of the menu and select Manage System. Then, click the settings icon and choose the option "Hide Archived Projects" if you have any other questions, let us know at help@freedcamp.com

Jamie from Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce

If you want a project management software that works for you...

One unexpected benefit of Freedcamp is the improvement to the staff’s morale when I don’t have to do nearly as much micro-managing and instead they can see in writing exactly what is expected, the due date, communicate progress, etc. without a manager constantly asking. It also makes editing or correcting errors or mistakes more like collaboration than like corrections.

Pros

Freedcamp is so incredibly intuitive and user friendly, not to mention, each time I have ever had a hiccup or a desired result from the software that I couldn’t achieve on my own, I just emailed support and they were able to customize from the back end to make it do anything I needed. I can’t say enough about the amount of time this tool saves me as chief of operations and I can’t imagine doing my job without it.

Cons

The only feature I feel could be improved significantly is the “email in” feature. It’s quite cumbersome the first time you email into a project and if you are like me, you have so many projects going at one time that it is not convenient to have to log in, go to the project, select email in, copy the address and then alter it depending on if it’s a file, discussion, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Honestly, after utilizing the free trial of Freedcamp, there wasn’t anything that I felt like it was missing or couldn’t do. And as far as file storage, the integration with google drive made it an easy sell as google is primarily free and/or completely inexpensive.

Gustavo Emiliano from EVOLUZION MEDIA

Industry: Program Development

Mis comentarios

Me encanta lo uso para gestionar mis proyectos. Solamente estoy tratando de ver como integrar esto: - mi bloc de notas de OneNote donde llevo notas diarias - mi bandeja de entrada de oultook donde marco emails diarios y esos van a parar a: - TO- DO de microsoft Esas 3 herramientas aun las sigo usando , ademas de Freedcamp, no puedo despegarme de ellas ya que no encuentro como hacer eso mismo de forma eficiente en Freedcamp. Saludos!

Pros

Hi i speak spanish, sory. I need write in spanish. Hola, bueno el producto la verdad me parece excelente. Soy un admirador de este desarrollo y me gusta muchisimo. Lamentablemente aqui en Argentina el pais donde vivo el costo del dolar en relacion a la moneda local es muy alto 1 dolar = 100 pesos argentinos :-(

Cons

Yo intentaria que no "mezclaran" el idioma English con el Spanish, porque hay muchisimas palabras en Ingles en la version español que confunden. Lo mismo con algunos modismos que usan en USA son diferentes en español.- Otra cosa que no me agrada mucho en cuestion de diseño son algunos elementos demasiado "grandes" como botones o elementos de diseño que tienen un tamaño grande y ocupan mucha pantalla en cuanto a la usabilidad y experiencia de usuario. Yo dejaria todo como está pero con algunos elementos mas "delicados" . Si bien se nota que comenzó con un estilo minimalista luego fue tomando color con demasiados objetos que no tienen mucha relevancia en el uso diario. Y otra contra que encuentro es la dificultad para enteder los roles de los usuarios que no pagan, es decir no entiendo bien si puedo incluir a un cliente mio dentro y el que privilegios de usuario tiene. La parte de roles de usuarios no es clara, por lo menos en la version español presta a confusion. Son detalles, si algun dia quieren que haga un analisis completo bien hecho solo me lo tienen que pedir y estaré orgulloso de poder ayudarlos. Hago sitios web desde el año 200 :-)

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Because it shows that he has another spirit, there are not many competitions. Basecamp is like the old man that never modernizes and is expensive. And at freedcamp I constantly see intentions to improve day by day. Another thing I use it for is that once I had a question I emailed the founder of Freedcamp and he answered the email. That attitude seemed very good to me and demonstrating the quality of thought of its creator with users like me.

Freedcamp is a great project management tool that allows teams to collaborate.

Overall Freedcamp is great tool for project management.

Pros

Using the entry-level (free) set up covers a lot of needs for most uses. This allows you to use the software and learn what works and doesn't for your team and fully gauge the need for paid services.

Cons

Expanding their add-ons to a variety of applications is probably the biggest issue. Though not a huge blocker, it opens up the application to be used by more companies already mid-stride in their business decisions. For example, Freshbooks integrates with the invoicing application but it takes some work to get Quickbooks to do so.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

It fit our needs better.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

For the money, Basecamp didn't deliver anything particularly special that many less expensive applications offer.

Tom from Hume & Services LLC

Extraordinary Value, Flexibility, Features, Support, UI/UX that keeps improving

My consulting, ops and support support teams (from 3 to 20) have been using Freedcamp since 2017. Started with the free version which was met earlier requirements and quickly upgraded to the Business Plan. The platform has consistently met/exceeded my requirements for the wide range of use cases that my company encounters as we help internal and external clients with all aspects of business and product launches, turn-arounds, and M&As. The Freedcamp leadership, dev and support teams have always been responsive, they listen closely to the users, meet promised release dates and quickly roll out fixes and improvements that match or are better than competing platforms and customer feedback/requests

Pros

Features and Functions that match or greatly improve upon other all the popular platforms I've used Clean, customizable, well designed and easy to learn and use UI / UX Very easy to deploy, onboard new users (internal teams, distributed workgroups, and contractors and clients) Powerful and flexible for both experienced users & project managers (agile and waterfall) and for people with limited to no tech skills Helpful and intuitive dashboard, reporting, tracking, drill downs, integrations with popular workgroup and collaboration platforms including Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc Fast and continuous platform improvements Cost/Benefit/Feature set offers a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Cons

The CRM module is functional and usable, and may meet the needs of organizations that are seeking a single platform for project management, support, and customer contact management - but it's not as mature or feature-rich as many popular stand-alone 3rd party CRMs.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Cost/Benefit/Feature set offered a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

My teams typically work across Project Management platforms with a wide variety of complex external business situations, cultures, users, skills and competencies, etc - and subsequently need to manage and adapt internal workflows with external customer. Freedcamp has been the easiest to use and adapt to every situation and user as we work simultaneously in customer deployments of Asana, Basecamp, Excel spreadsheets, Slack, Teams, or the freemium platform de jour. I have often heard my team say "why can't I do [insert function, use case or feature] in XYZ Platform like I can do in Freedcamp?

Malice from Sounds Essential LLC

Project Management That's Not a Project to Manage

Pros

Freedcamp has been indispensable to our company, both in our nascent and more developed business stages. It's interface is straightforward, and its robust feature set allowed us to utilize new tools as our business grew and demanded more. Key among those was a built-in time tracker that allowed us to better and more accurately quote projects. Its free features were sufficient for our needs in the beginning, but the price point for upgrading to Business/Enterprise level was also reasonable, especially compared to similar platforms. We were also able to start using it "out of the box" rather than some other platforms we tried out, where merely setting everything up was an investment of time and resources we, as a small business, just didn't have.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

The initial price point (free) and the ease with which we could set things up without needing to invest a ton of time and energy into getting it where it needed to be to suit our needs.

John from Dalhousie University

A great balance of complexity and features but a bit of a learning curve

Complex academic research projects with collaboration among Canadian and Tanzanian teams.

Pros

Web-based so easy to add on team members regardless of their hardware and experience. Flexible; can assign tasks, dates, priorities, people and can create several levels of sub-tasks. I like the integration with Dropbox so that files are easily available to all partners and access does not depend on Freedcamp itself. If I ever decide to stop using Freedcamp, I won't have valuable files locked into Freedcamp that I'll have to download before quiting. The support is superb; emails are answered quickly, often within hours and questions answered accurately and concisely without the usual boilerplate text verbiage that many software companies (esp. the big ones) like to indulge in. Switching between the list and Kanban views is very nice.

Cons

With complex projects, the webpages can begin to be very cluttered. As well, the default for finished tasks in to us a strike-out font as opposed to hiding or archiving them so one may see a page where the majority of text is struck out. reporting is rudimentary, basically a summary of tasks and a time period with little customization possible. I would like, for example, to be able to generate a report by individual team member of all of their assigned tasks and deadlines.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Please see above comments. Basically, it was a nice balance between complexity and ease of use and it is also considerably cheaper to scale up to more features or more users than the alternatives.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

I tried Asana when it first came out but could never make it work for me. I also tried Freedcamp a few years ago, gave up, and then came back last year. I think project management software by its very nature is complex and different interfaces will appeal to different people. I think people who are trying to decide should settle on 2-3 candidates and then spend a couple of hours with each one mocking up a project, creating tasks etc. to get a feel for which will be suitable.

John from University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Freedcamp for Higher Ed IT Project Management

It just works and helps minimize the amount of communication overhead with team members when compared with other products. If you've used a social networking platform and a task list, you can use Freedcamp.

Pros

The value proposition for the price was outstanding. Core desired features are included without a mandatory subscription at the highest level. Licensing is also based on role and flexible use. This keeps operational costs low .

Cons

There is a lack of task dependencies/linking unless leveraging the highest edition if the product. Also, areas of the UX make performing bulk operations difficult (e x: mass assignment of status/priority/assignee)

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Ease of use. Functionality. Price.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Price and better UX adoption.

Francesco from Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR)

Industry: Nanotechnology

Great for daily use in a R&D team

We use Freedcamp daily for organizing, planning and carrying out our work, setting priorities, organizing meetings and projects. I usually recommend Freedcamp to colleagues.

Pros

Calendar, project management, team management and task planning are great features. These features help us in organizing our workplan.

Cons

The management of completed/incomplete tasks is a bit messy. The user should be provided with the option of archiving old tasks without "deleting" them. Integration with external services (for example Google Drive) could be improved. A full mobile (Android, etc.) version of Freedcamp would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Much more functionalities in Freedcamp for a similar plan.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Much more functionalities in Freedcamp for a similar plan.

Alistair from My Quality Host

An well structured time saver that helps run projects efficiently.

I loved the clarity of thinking that Freedcamp offers through its very clean interface. Compared to a support system I was previously using Freedcamp is a breath of fresh air and I could not imagine running projects without it now. I would also add that the entry level version is totally free and comes with Unlimited Projects, Tasks, Storage, and Users.

Pros

Freedcamp provides a very scalable solution for anyone that needs to increase their productivity through improved project management. Initially I used Freedcamp for one client and one detailed project. Then it grew to one client with multiple in-depth projects, then it grew to multiple clients with multiple projects. The way Freedcamp is designed it handled this growth easily, and as an end user the process was very straight forward and instinctive without the need to refer to any documentation at all.

Cons

Advanced use of Freedcamp would involve the use of widgets which are mostly available to power users. I found widget implementation to be a little confusing at first and perhaps the least developed aspect of Freedcamp. This may be down to my lack of experience in this area and I perhaps need to checkout the knowledgebase articles in this area.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Freedcamp was more competitively priced, and came with a cleaner more productive interface that offered a much faster learning curve thanks to a very intuitive interface.

Ed from Altair

Just right, not too much, not too little.

So far great.

Pros

I chose this because other packages are WAY too bloated with features I didn't need but could not avoid and a some packages are simply too stripped down to be any more useful than pen and paper. Freedcamp has a ton of features but you can ignore the ones you're not interested in. User interface is the most approachable of any task software I've used.

Cons

I wanted more ability to manually order tasks on a list. I need due dates but I also need to juggle stuff around by simply clicking and dragging. Freed camp is set up a bit too rigid. if I give something a due date, it wants to order by due date and then tasks without due dates get lost in the shuffle. While looking at the ordered list, I want to be able to click and drag something to the top to give it priority. But you can't without changing the order setting in the menu, which then changes EVERYTHING in the list, not just the one you care about. #2 - I'd love to be able to do some fast edits of a task (like text) right in the list view without having to fully open the task. #3 - The right column with easy drag and drop due dates, priorities, and progress is a GREAT feature. Would be even better if it included user generated "tags". You have a tags feature but not in that column. #4 - in the "projects" view pane, each individual project takes up too much space forcing me to scroll through them. Would love an option to simplify the view so it's a quick text list that is more likely to fit on one page. #5 - Calendar view is great. Would be helpful if on the "month" and "week" view I could see the entire task name by hovering the mouse over the task. Month view truncates the text string so small it's hard to know what it is from just a few words.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Honestly, the biggest reason was few software packages give you the satisfaction of getting something done. Wrike changes the color of a tiny bubble to indicate "done" and the task just sits there staring at you still. I can't remember how Asana does it but I didn't like it. Freed camp crosses off the task and greys it out giving you this sense of accomplishment and progress as you look at your lists. Also, Wrike had WAY too many features you HAD to use, Trello just wasn't powerful enough for long lists, I just didn't like Asana.

Mark from Non-profit organizations

Freedcamp is a hidden gem

Mainly used for project, incident, and help desk management.

Pros

The dashboard, task list, and multi-project tracking are the best features of this software. Most often used features like task priority, progress, status, etc. are one-click or drag and drop. Easily see all tasks across one or more projects Task list summaries contain all the needed details one one line including status, progress, assignee, start, etc. I use the multi-project task view all the time as it is easy to sort and filter tasks on a variety of fields and save those filters. The UI is clean and uncluttered. Flexible email notification system for tracking status changes. Using the Lite/Minimalist Plan, but the Free plan has everything most organizations need for project and task management. The free plan blows away many other project and task management offerings.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Freedcamp just has more features and functionality then competitors at a lower cost.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied July 2020

>Freedcamp has a very good multi-level and detailed user, role, and permission management structure, but the UI for managing this is more complicated than it needs to be. We want to redesign the Manage System page in the near future. If you have any specific tips please send them at help@freedcamp.com. I'll make sure our design team sees them.

The Right Balance Between Performance & Investment

I've been using lots of Project Management and Team Collaboration Apps such as Trello, Slack, Asana, Bitrix24 and more. But when I started to use Freedcamp about a year ago, I learn that this app manages to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively to go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with it's bells and whistles. Other than that, their support alone is a solid and consistent 5 star performance, very prompt and spot-on showing a high level customer and solution oriented team. I had a few issues during the set-up but once support came in handy, the rest of the on-boarding process was really smooth. In a way, it is a mature App, but later-on, I found out that their roadmap is growing continuously to the right direction, based on my team way of working, and also the current business needs dynamic. More integrations are coming up as well, but for now, I'm satisfy with how the app being developed for the last 6 months or so.

Pros

This app manage to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively until go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities, without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with it's bells and whistles. The support alone is a solid and consistent 5 star performance, very prompt and spot-on showing a high level customer and solution oriented team. Roadmap and development are heading towards my business needs which means this app is definitely a good long term investment for my team since Freedcamp has been around for quite some time now.

Cons

The on-boarding is good but the learning curve a little bit steep the first time I test it. But recently they improved the UI and it surely enhances other users in my team to have much better UX, and support is always within reach anyway.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Value for Money, Necessary Features & Advantages for Team Collaboration, Roadmap & Active Development, Highly Effective & Prompt Supports.

Miguel from Doctor Directory, LLC

My Favorite Project Management Application

Freedcamp is an amazing tool that works well in small businesses with no need for Program or Portfolio Management. Managing multiple projects at that level might not be an easy thing to do. I track a dozen projects at any given time, but my business structure is simple and does not rely on overly complex resource allocations or time management... I am a small shop managing projects as needed, keeping tabs on time spent for billing, and track of tasks to be completed. Freedcamp does provide a means of tracking milestones as well and fits the bill to my exact business needs. From what I can see with my daily use, Freedcamp can be cumbersome in environments with heavy development. It does not provide for defect management, testing, etc. It is a task board that can be customized to fit many needs, but definitely not an enterprise tool.

Pros

Freedcamp provides a flexible and effective pricing structure to fit any business needs, including a free account. The list of standard features alone are impressive: shared file management, tasks, discussion boards, calendar, message boards, unlimited users, projects and storage, even time tracking... a feature that is often considered a premium with other project management applications. It has a pleasant UI which makes it easy to use. Even the setup is easy. Most of all, it provides customization at each project level. The home page now offers a dashboard that displays specific information for each logged in user. Get a bird's eye view of your work, updates, projects and weekly calendar overview on a single page to start off your day. Want an even more customized experience? Head straight to the widgets and create your own dashboard tailored to your specific needs. Freedcamp also provides the ability to change the display of many pages to a different view (i.e. view projects as cards or as a list).

Cons

I use the free account because it provides me with all the features I find essential for my simple business structure. But, it would be nice if there was some sort of basic or simple reporting features at this level. Unfortunately, reporting is only part of their paid subscription. But their pricing is low enough that it is actually worth forking out the extra few bucks. For as long as I have been using Freedcamp, I have not yet encountered anything else I would consider a con, as it has provided me with a solution to all of my project management needs. I do not work with Program or Portfolio Management, so I am not sure if Freedcamp provides such level of management. Based on their features list, this does not appear to be something Freedcamp has been designed to do. But if Program or Portfolio Management is not a part of your environment, Freedcamp is definitely worth looking into.

Uriah from ardentCause L3C

I use this application to monitor my task and complete timesheets. Very useful. Very efficient.

This software saves me time when doing my monthly timesheets and reports. It has helped me to better organize my work life, and my home life. I am looking forward to seeing this as a phone app, so that I can have access to it quickly, and on the go. Thank you to the freedcamp team.

Pros

Each project can be divided into task groups, which allows for a better separation of goals. The tool is probably designed for groups and teams to work together. But I am still in the midst of encouraging my team to use it officially. Currently, the Tasks page works well for self management. I am able to write as many notes as I like, set due dates which will show red when I am approaching the deadline. I love organization, and this page is by far the most useful for me. As a developer at a small company, I am responsible for many different tasks concerning several different projects at any given time. All of these tasks have deadlines and sometimes highly time sensitive. Coming into the task page and seeing things labeled in red, and due dates visible makes my job a little easier to manage. Before this, I was using Google Spreadsheets with the rest of my team to track tasks and deadlines. They still use Google, but I have been using this more and more. Even for my personal task and goals outside of work.

Cons

I like the time tracker. But I feel it could be better organized. It would be useful to store a collection of time records in an archived folder somewhere. I use the time records to keep track of my time each month, in order to bill my client. But after the bill is sent out, I no longer need to see the previous months records. However I would like to access them quickly without playing with the current filter setting. It would also be nice to have a MAX TIME option for a time record. Sometimes I get distracted and forget to hit the stop button. When I return to the time record, it may have 100+ hours and counting. Then I have to guess when I actually stopped working on the task. A selected many feature would be nice as well, in order to delete multiple records at once. I love the Tasks page, but I probably spend more time in the Time tracker page.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied July 2017

Hi Uriah, Thank you for a great review! Later this year you will see more new cool things related to Time/Tasks/Invoices - set estimate hours on a task - track time on Tasks - tasks will be exposed to Time app - time will be tracked for each manual entry or each timer run separately so we can tell how many exactly hours/min you spent this week or this month - Invoices app will allow to bill client by completed tasks or time period you select. Billed entries will be clearly marked and easily filtered out. You will also be able to pull a combination of completed only and, for example, last month. - if you worked on a long task and spent 40 hours (billed) last week and 25 hours (not billed) this week - time entry will be marked as partially billed. And yes - we will definitely add an email and pop-up reminder when timer is running more than 8 hours. As always - I am happy to chat 1:1 directly to better understand requirements. Cheers, Igor

Merril from OMG Web Designers

Freedcamp Great System for Small Businesses

Overall, Freedcamp has made my small freelance business more organized, run smoother, and put all my needed times in one central digital location for easy access later.

Pros

I love this product. I add all my clients in here, create teams when I want others to have access to it, add all my times in for each project, and a little description. I can easily see what I have going on at any time, and how much time I have in any particular project. Easy user interface.

Cons

Features Wish List: I would like to make "Time" come up as a default. It could be that I just don't know how to change default settings. I use it every time, so it would save me time. Also, I don't know how to delete people from teams and such. I would like to do that. Perhaps if there was a responsive chat for when we have questions? Lastly, I would like a way to export a particular client or job to show or prove my hours. Like maybe to word or a text file?

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Initially, price, as I am a one person freelance situation. It does exactly what I need! I have an opportunity to join others in another production software, but I love Freedcamp so much, I am strongly resisting it. I just refuse.

Brandon from McGuiness Media

Simple and Highly Effective

Freedcamp has helped solve our disconnect on projects among different teams within our company. It has allowed everyone a space to work together and collaborate online while also organizing all of our projects. Eliminating threads of emails back and forth internally or to clients has been a blessing and has allowed our team to work more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

From day one, Freedcamp was extremely easy to use. Adapting to a new project management system can sometimes be difficult, but Freedcamp was seamless. There are some great features which allow users to stay on-task and organized and allow team members to communicate internally or directly with clients on projects. The variety of interfaces and views are also a plus!

Cons

Finding completed projects on Freedcamp can be rather intensive. We have been using Freedcamp for about 2 years and we occasionally need to refer to an old project which takes valuable time to find which I feel could be improved. There seems to be a variety of ways to find a completed project, but all take too much time.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

The ease of use and simple interface. Some of the alternatives were a bit more intimidating in comparison and we were looking for simplicity.

June 2016

Mick from Kirkwood Hospice

June 2016

It changed the way we work

Projects and ongoing service development was done using Word documents and Spreadsheets. these were emailed around and project documents stored in shared folders but in no real structure. Keeping track of tasks and their staus was difficult and keeping project documents up to date and tracking who changed them was very difficult. We had a major project to implement and we looked at different project management solutions and decided on Freedcamp. Much of what you can do is in the free parts but some of the add ons make a big difference, especially sub tasks which expand your ability to allocate work within a particular task, and Wiki which allows you to hold 'live' documents, we use this for change control plus other things. The biggest benefit I have found is it makes people work collaboratively. Using notifications you can control what people get update emails about. These give a precis of changes and keep people aware and involved and it has been a real culture change. It is much harder for people to forget about the project until the next meeting and if you do a task review based on due date it adds urgency. You still have to drive the project but as a tool it really helps you do that.

Pros

Accessible anywhere Intuitive to use and seems fine in all the browsers I have tried Great for structuring the work. Really helps you do identify priorities and group tasks and documents Milestones keep people focused and you can link tasks and sub tasks to them to get a fuller view of progress. If you are a Google user you can synch project calendars to your Google calendar and utilise Google Drive, which gives you another option for collaborative documents

Cons

Some people mention a lack of Gant charts but I just work in a different way now. I just had to adjust to that and some colleagues find Gant charts confusing anyway.

Chris from Bookkeyping

Could not operate without this piece of software (now)

As I mentioned earlier I could not operate my business with confidence without Freedcamp. It has become a integral part of my system and processes and I would recommend people give it a go. You will just have to familiarize yourself with the way it operates and once you have mastered that, the world is your oyster!

Pros

I purchased Freedcamp for the primary purpose of task management with my team. As the manager (and owner) of my business I recognise how critical systems are to be able to deliver consistent, quality results to clients. This is where Freedcamp shines. It helps me to stay on top of the recurring tasks that would normally be a manual process. Now I have one central location where I can take a birdseye view of all the tasks within my business and the easy to chat options within the Freedcamp platform facilitates team communication (much easier than having to go in and out of different pieces of software). I most definitely could not operate without Freedcamp in my day to day.

Cons

Getting everything started was a bit of a challenge in the beginning. I didn't find the options as intuitive as I would have liked. For example, creating a repeating task that occurred every week was not as easy as I have found in other software. This prompted me to reach out to support to discover the solution. To Freedcamp's credit support was quick and helpful and once I understood how to create a repeating task - my utilization of the software grew. The views in the dashboard can be a bit overwhelming at times - however this is customizable to your likes and dislikes.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Needed something that met all my requirements for my systems and processes in my business.

Petar from Computer Software Industry

Years of satisfaction.

Really really good. I started using it to manage my personal life and goals and such, then just moved everything to it directly. The option to switch between task lists and kanban and what not is very useful and pleasant.

Pros

For a low, monthly billed price (I hate yearly billing), I get a bunch of flexible to implement features, which supplement the basics already provided. The basic free version is damn useful, but when you start a startup or hobby-turned-business, you need some more "power tools" to track and plan. Great value for cheap!

Cons

Some of the UX design shows its age, and there are some clumsy decisions regarding grouping of tasks in projects. Managing and canceling reoccurring tasks can be a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

I used the free version for about 2 years and going paid version was a no-brainer.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Asana just did not have the level of complexity and management that I required. Good product, pleasant UI, but is simply a simpler and less powerful tool. Did not scale to my needs.

Alessandro from AdType Italia s.r.l.

One of our best friend

Our team works better and deliver more project in time

Pros

There are a lot of interesting features in the free version, but when you are ready to pay, you will discover the full functionality of this tool.

Cons

Maybe Freedcamp has not the best design in terms of usability, but you will get used to work with it after a couple of weeks

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Incredible offer during the black friday and we were already using Freedcamp (free version)

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Price, because our team was growing and the price too

Bill from Gigtime Media

Freedcamp Keeps Me Organized and Helps Me Get Everything Done

Designing and Developing websites involves hundreds of tasks that must be completed for every site. The ability to create templates for this really cuts down on my workload. Clients are sometimes resistant to using it because they're not familiar with it but it's so much better than email chains.

Pros

The ability to create templates for repetitive tasks like developing and launching websites and marketing campaigns. Being able to let clients follow progress and provide feedback while also leaving some discussions and procedures behind the scenes. Being billed based on participation so I don't have to go in and shut clients and contractors accounts on and off is a huge time saver.

Cons

I think the image/file uploading feature could be improved. It isn't organized well and will often name a pasted image the same name as a previously uploaded image. We'd like to be able to easily include video in the process. It's possible now but a dedicated training area would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

At the time, it was price.

Frank from Researchable

Nice project management tool, active developmeng

In general, we really enjoy using freedcamp. Especially the support is great, and we have the feeling that the team is open for suggestions.

Pros

The kan an board feature of Freedcamp is great. What makes freedcamp unique is the way you can create a dashboard and get an overview of all your tickets in a single page.

Cons

The fact that you can only have 3 columns on the kanban board, and the lack of we sockets, you need to refresh quite often when collaborating.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Becauseof the great features it has.

Rob from Shakeyhands.com

Perfect Contract Work Organizer

I couldn’t do what i do without it!!

Pros

I have been using Freedcamp for years now. I have worked with large advertising companies and marketing firms all while maintaining my own contract side-hustle. The large companies use sophisticated software like Basecamp which can take awhile to fully learn and can be confusing with multiple people interacting across departments. For myself, i love Freedcamp because of its simplicity (based on my settings) and ability to quickly view open tasks and where my daily priorities are.

Cons

Not much option for customization. Like having a dark theme. I have sensitive eyes and my Mac is all dark themed. So viewing FC for extended time tends to cause me to squint. Also, it would be nice to be able to have an avatar/logo for each client (task) for a more visual experience.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Cost and simplicity for the single user.

Tracey from Horizon26 LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

A fantastic product for freelancers -- the software equivalent of a virtual assistant

For a free product that I deployed with a minimal learning curve, I am blown away by the number of features offered, and the flexibility that lets me match the software to my business needs.

Pros

As a freelance editor, it's up to me to manage all aspects of my business for numerous clients. It is essential that I set deadlines and track my time per task in an orderly and centralized manner so nothing slips through the cracks. Freedcamp gives me these capabilities and more, plus peace of mind.

Cons

As a one-person business, I don't use all the bells and whistles. But the features I do deploy are user-friendly. The cons are few for me. The only quibble that might be worth mentioning relates to the time tracking feature. I can sort the time records that I create in many ways (e.g., status, alphabetical, amount of time). I like to sort by the date of the time record. But what I'd really love to do—and can't—is have a second-level sort feature so that, within a given date, I can sort the record alphabetically. It's a tiny quibble that I hesitate even to mention here.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

I switched jobs. I liked Basecamp when I worked for a large company. But I preferred the cost of Freedcamp (free) when I started my own freelancing business.

Tom from Linden Leadership, Inc.

Great product for simple project management and collaborating on tasks

I needed something that would allow us to easily create, assign, and share tasks on various projects, and quickly see the status of the projects and tasks. And I wanted something affordable. Other options I looked at were more complex and designed for large complex projects, making the learning curve steep and the price high. After trying several of these we've found that Freedcamp has been the perfect solution for us.

Pros

The product is very easy to set up and start using. It has a rich set of features for managing tasks and tracking the state of projects and tasks. It's ability to create custom fields and filter views on them, as well as any of the built in fields, is particularly useful.

Cons

In a few ways the interface requires more steps than should be necessary. For example, to edit a task requires clicking on the task, clicking the Edit button, making your changes, then clicking Save. I'd prefer to simply click (or double click) on a task to open it directly in Edit mode. In email exchanges with them they have told me they are working on revamping and streamlining the interface. The documentation does not always adequately explain how features work. Consequently the learning curve is steeper than it should be, though certainly not onerous. And, their quick response times to requests for help and knowledgeable support staff offset this well.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

It was the perfect set of features, easy to set up and start using, excellent support, and affordable.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

The other products were too complicated, offered too many features we didn't need, and were too expensive.

Jeremy from Watermark Wesleyan Church

Freedcamp Review

Freedcamp has allowed us as a team to work 10x more efficiently, ensuring clients are happy.

Pros

Freedcamp is an incredible tool for keeping projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. It allows you as a producer to worry less about remembering those notes you wrote down in a notebook, knowing that your project is being tracked.

Cons

Freedcamp does not update as often as I would like. Software should constantly be changing to stay relevant with trends and industry needs.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied September 2019

Hi Jeremy Thanks for your review! Freedcamp is updated every 2 weeks and multiple times in between for bug fixes and small tweaks. If you have something in mind we did not implement - please feel free to use https://freedcamp.uservoice.com Please let us know how we can improve support - I searched any requests from you - found none and I am not sure why our support was valued with 3 stars :) Any extra details will be super useful. Thanks, Igor

Tommie from Aviko

Industry: Food Production

unmissable tool in the chain.

Pros

For me the setup and getting used to it was a matter of seconds. I use other company supported systems that hold loads of info and are not easy accessible. with freedcamp I have a very clear view on the selected portion I want to manage. using it for yrs and keeps doing the job.

Cons

Allthough my experience is very good, I don't get that many colleages liking this software. the learning curve seems to be to high and usage of the tool usually drops dead in a few weeks, despite my effort of promoting and supporting it. for small project teams that only last a few weeks I don't even bring it up anymore.. although that would be the perfect situation to deply freedcamp.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

freedcamp has the best kanban view. the cards hold more information without clicking on them

Rusty from AECC

Industry: Utilities

Easy setup - Works great - Very responsive to end user suggestions!

I needed an alternative to SharePoint - Freedcamp is a cloud based PM software product used by many big names, so I tried it. Works great - LOVE the ability for outside consultant and team member collaboration without the ongoing IT hassles of SharePoint permissions. Runs on your phone! or really any device, so allows file access from anywhere.

Pros

Very easy to use - You'll be up and running in minutes Monthly invoicing and account information readily available Very responsive to end user requests Real tech support - by the folks who write the code sometimes Great value for the money Cloud data storage plus backups EASY to collaborate with folks from outside your organization without IT permission nightmares. Runs on your phone - nice feature.

Cons

User interface is improving with time - latest UI upgrade is a nice improvement I administer the program and projects so not sure how the more limited user interaction is Project templates are good once developed - some sample project templates might help new users get started faster

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Easier to setup and administer for non-IT folks - data is stored in the cloud, and backed up regularly. Very easy to use - currently have 18-19 users collaborating on projects (outside consultants) without any issues. Time saver!

Scott from Management Consulting

Lifeline for a busy creative team with no budget

Freedcamp allows me to easily organize upwards of 400 projects a year with anywhere from 8-20 tasks per project while providing an easy view for my team of the various tasks they need to take on each day.

Pros

Even as a free user, the Freedcamp team does not hesitate to provide me with support when I need it and even helps me to improve my processes with workarounds for features that are available in the paid product.

Cons

I would like to have more ability to customize the system for my use, but I'm not one who can speak well to this as I have yet to get authorization to upgrade beyond the free version, so I know my functionality is limited.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

It checked all of the boxes and had the most forgiving interface.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

Smartsheet was unable to manage the huge project/task load that we carried without becoming too cumbersome to use, often was broken with multiple users updating sheets, and wasn't able to provide calendaring of tasks.

Comacell from Tunnel Vision, Sports Apparel

Our Go-To Product Management Site

Overall I love freedcamp, I've been using this software for two years now and it continues to upgrade the things I always have small issues with so I'm hoping to see them tune up the major flaws. I would suggest this to any group or team needing a software to effectively communicate and delegate work.

Pros

Freedcamp is my favorite collaboration service for multiple users which has helped me organize and collaborate effectively via the cloud. Freedcamp is my ideal software for staying in control of projects, resources, budget, and time. My favorite feature is getting notifications in real-time of updates, questions and or comments.

Cons

My least favorite thing about freedcamp is using the software via the app. I don't like the fact that I can't save images that are loaded up by collaborators or myself. The functions of the app aren't half as good as using the website.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied November 2018

Hi Comacell, Thank you for a review. Regarding mobile apps - we just released a new version of our Android app https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-android-invitation-install-test/ which has a ful support for attachments. For you iOS users - a new version is ready but since it a brand new application we keep it in beta to be released in December. You can send me a list of your iOS users and will add them to beta so they can also work with attachments - https://blog.freedcamp.com/2018/10/25/freedcamp-ios-invitation-install-test/ Regards, Igor

Marcello from Oscar Niemeyer Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Freedcamp is the best solution

Our team uses it to manage visual exhibition projects as well as institutional projects.

Pros

Melhor software de gestão que já usei, fácil de trabalhar, intuitivo, tenho rápidas respostas sobre necessidades e dúvidas, a equipe sempre está nos dando suporte quando necessitamos, eu não substituo por outro. Duplicar, copiar, mover, muitas funcionalidades para quem faz gestão de projetos. Para quem desenvolve um projeto com muitas pessoas é excelente.

Cons

Acredito que o ponto fraco seja a necessidade de todos os colaboradores necessitarem pagar o sistema para poderem ser usados o sistema, quando o admininstrador paga existe uma requisição para que os demais colaboladores tambem paguem ou o sistema faz a cobrança do administrador. Deixei de usar a versão paga porque aonde trabalho se recusaram a comprar o plano para os 50 colaboladores, acho que vale aqui uma revisão da equipe do freedcamp para rever uma nova possibilidade.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

I decided for simplicity, any software that I work hard to understand and waste my time is not a good experience. From the beginning it was very simple, I was able to assemble projects and repeat them very easily, this was my main point of choice, usability.

Mary from Max Media Solutions

The most needed features at the best price.

Love it. Looking forward to a trial of the Minimalist plan.

Pros

The free plan is great as a base in terms of features. Being a freelancer, I like that the minimalist plan with cloud drive connections and email capabilities is affordable.

Cons

I mostly work in the tasks board. The user interface isn't always intuitive so there is a learning curve. It would be great to be able to assign a task to more than one person or to be able to assign subtasks to a separate user. This may be available in a higher plan but I don't see it specifically mentioned in the features list.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

The most features at the best price.

More features.

Łukasz from PS Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use and straight to the point

I've been using freedcamp for over 3 years and set up home and my small business projects. Even inviting my parents was very easy and they didn't have problems using the software. The interface is very clear and intuitive - you get exactly the results you expect. The calendar view is very useful to see upcoming tasks at a glance. Also most of the interface is quite compact - no unneeded spaces allows to show more taks on the screen (save for mentioned "Add Task" field) Overall I'm very satisfied with the software. It has everything I need without overwhelming me with unwanted features.

Pros

- clear layout, - ease of assigning dates, teammembers and priorities to taks, - helpful reminders - mobile app - layered task help to organize the project - intuitive to set up and use.

Cons

- no second sorting parameter (sort by X then by Y). Unhiding completed tasks can lead to unsorted mess of a list. - sorting by progress only sorts first task list in the project, the others don't sort. - every task list features a large bar below to enter new taks. This takes to much screen real estate and prolongs the view of the project.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Freedcamp offers great deal of features even in free plan.

Vedat from Norsensus Mediaforum

The most straightforward project management tool I have ever used

We are using freedcamp for two main reasons. We are a non-profit media organization in Oslo and have two types of projects which require this kind of project management tool. One is our international projects in which we add our team members in the project, follow the assignments and whole tasks lists and assignments in the project in a comprehesive way. Secondly we use it for our opens ource software development projects with technical team.

Pros

I have used project mangement tools in the market for so many years. I even developed one with an open source framework. But none of them were emraced so well as Freedcamp. It is very easy and straightforward with essential elements you really need. Navigation is very easy.

Cons

That would have been nice to include the visual eleemnts such as gantt chart in the plan we are using now.

Reasons for Choosing Freedcamp

Because of its user friendly features, simplicity and affordability for us as an NGO.

Reasons for Switching to Freedcamp

We could not make everyone use it easily.

A great task manager which works well for managing projects too

Keeps me on track and reminds me when I need to do things.

Pros

The development team is constantly improving the software and it seems to get better and better. The interface is really nice, and it's very intuitive. You have have lists or kanban boards for tasks, and subtasks too. The projects are colour coded and it's easy to navigate them. You can import tasks from an excel sheet which is really helpful if you have a standard list of tasks for each new project. The free version is perfect for me since I work on my own but I can see that it would be great for teams to use as well.

Cons

At the moment you can't have recurring tasks, which is a massive negative. However, this this planned to be included in 2018 I believe. The Android app is currently a bit basic (and not very stable on my tablet), but I believe this is also due for an upgrade in 2018 so fingers crossed it will get better. Task reminders could be better - at the moment you can set filters to show tasks due in a certain number of days, but it's a bit clunky and it would be helpful to have start and end dates for tasks rather than just single dates.

Response from Freedcamp

Replied January 2018

Hi, Just an update. Start date for tasks is available on Business Plan and we plan to add it to Lite plan as well in 2018. You are correct regarding recurrent tasks - planing to add in Q1 2018 to all paid plans. New daily/weekly digest reminding on missed deadlines for both start and due dates in tasks, milestones, issues is coming early Jan, Thanks for your review!