All Hive Reviews

Jessica

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Very smooth design and perfect for remote coworkers

Our marketing team used Hive to organize a special, multi-week initiative. As a company with employees spread across the country, we needed a way for everyone to feel as though they were working side by side in the same room at all times.

PROS

Hive is used for both microtask management and internal team communication. This facilitates systematic documentation of all open tasks in accordance with PMI's best practices.

CONS

The task cards can only hold text, hence we can't attach any necessary files to them. The main barrier is oversharing with third-party suppliers outside of the company.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Given the modest size of our team, I find it much easier to use Hive to keep track of the tasks allocated to all of my delegates and to report daily progress to the executive team.

Stephen Brent

Reviewed March 2020

The project management product we were looking for

PROS

We looked at and tested several project management options and had used several in the past. Hive was never on our radar and unfortunately isn't as well known, but we discovered it through the WeWork employee portal and gave it a try. The set up was simple, it offered flexibility in terms of how you view and sort projects. It also allowed us to add external users without paying for a seat. This was extremely important because we want our clients to have access to our project boards, but we don't need full functionality for them. While it wasn't available when we first started using it, the addition of time tracking was a huge bonus for us as an agency, and Hive continues to impress us by adding additional features and functionality. When it comes to support, they are extremely responsive and in the rare times we have had to utilize support, issues have been resolved to satusfaction.

CONS

I wish there was a native integration with HubSpot, but we're able to get around that with Zapier.

Reason for choosing Hive

Part of the reason was that they offered a discount to companies that worked at a WeWork location, but it was also easy to set up and use during the trial period.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Asana did not offer pricing for less than 5 users and at the time, we only needed 2-3. We needed the additional functionality that came with the paid version but couldn't justify paying for seats that were going to go unused for an undetermined amount of time.

Michell

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Hive Review - Fight CRC

PROS

The email integration and being able to create templates that can be re-​used - helpful when adding sponsorship details.

CONS

At times it runs a little slow with loading IM's and documents. At times, editing options are not av when you are proofing/editing a docum​ent in the proof section of a card.

Reasons for switching to Hive

We were looking for a better platform that fit the needs of the organization. As a virtual team, we needed a platform that provided better communication with our programs.

Francesca

Reviewed January 2024

Brilliant project management tool with enhanced collaboration

Really useful tools at a very reasonable price. Enhances collaboration and comms across the organisation.

PROS

Love the way this is set up with varied views. Teams view is the most useful for me - I love that you can track actions as they pass between teams. Bonus is that the Gantt does allow a great overview.

CONS

Not great for time tracking and then getting an overview of your time for the day or week over all projects.

Sadie

Reviewed September 2019

Thank you Hive for making our business run seamlessly!

Hive has made communication between our company's team easy. Now, we don't have to constantly call each other, have follow-up meetings, and walk into each other's offices. We can simply log into Hive and see who is doing what. We know when things are due and what needs to be done next. Because of Hive communication is easy so we can focus on getting jobs done for clients and getting them done on time.

PROS

Hive is ridiculously user friendly. I like most how our team can collaborate on different tasks and we all know who is doing what and when. We also know when everything is due and what is to be done next. It makes communication and completing tasks practically effortless. Now we can focus less on the lists and to-do's because of Hive; now, we have more time to focus on actually completing the tasks themselves. Because of Hive, we can get jobs completed for customers on time. I also really like the time clock feature, where we can log our hours for different tasks and clients. Plus, anytime I have questions or troubles, the Hive customer support team is right there, ready to help. I can't rave about Hive enough.

CONS

I honestly have nothing that I least like about this software. It's an amazing product that myself and our company uses every day.

Reason for choosing Hive

While I enjoy Google and Hubspot for lots of things, it isn't as seamless and user friendly as Hive for small business needs. I also feel the Hive customer support is more available and ready to help whenever I need them.

Reasons for switching to Hive

While I enjoy Google and Hubspot for lots of things, it isn't as seamless and user friendly as Hive. I also feel the Hive customer support is more available and ready to help.

Courtney

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2022

Communication, Deadlines and Task assignments

It's a useful tool for keeping track of everything you have to do. A fantastic platform that prioritizes its users by offering low-code alternatives for constructing automated forms and other labor-saving features. More people will use the software, and it will be more adaptable.

PROS

It was a helpful resource for organizing our work. The platform's emphasis on its users contributes to its widespread popularity and adaptability. Low-code form and automation possibilities on a fantastic platform for streamlining our operations. However, reporting at the corporate level has received scant consideration.

CONS

There's room for improvement in the price system. For instance, regardless of the size of your team, you're limited to 500 automations, regardless of how many seats you buy. The gap between one level of service and the next is fairly wide, making the decision to upgrade a major one.

Reasons for switching to Hive

We were able to better coordinate our efforts thanks to this. Task management challenges might arise when team members are spread out geographically and/or have inconsistent availability.

Christopher

Reviewed October 2020

Love Hive!!

Organization, costing, task management. The Hive app and mobile are also awesome!

PROS

We are a small digital marketing firm. We had tried other programs, but Hive had the best package of support, collaboration and work flow!

CONS

Time tracking needs some work, but that is eclipsed by the wonders of version control and mark up of assets prior to approval.

Reason for choosing Hive

Best package of features for the price. The collaboration tool and markup of assets thru the approval process sold us.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Trello was getting expensive. We get more with Hive.

Morgan

Music, 1 employee

Great for Project Management and Planning

I have been able to create and implement my goals and achieve my deadlines successfully.

PROS

I'm a self-employed individual user. I found Hive in a search for a software that could be easily used by individual to manage deadlines, projects, and future goal planning all on one platform, with interweaving timeline features. Most softwares don't accommodate individual users, but Hive does!

CONS

No, Hive is very easy to use and has helped me organize my business very well.

Reason for choosing Hive

Only one for paid single user with features like integrative calendar etc!

Reasons for switching to Hive

Not enough integrative/robust organizational features

Hi Morgan, Thanks for your kind words, we're glad you're enjoying your Hive experience. If you ever need anything from the Hive team, please reach out to marketing@hive.com. Best, The Hive Team

Replied August 2020

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Hive is a fantastic team project management tool

Hive is an excellent piece of project management software for groups whose members come from different industries or departments and don't use the same methodologies. Due to its adaptability and user-specific perspectives, it is well-suited to recording a wide range of information pertaining to teams and their projects.

PROS

Hive is revolutionary computer program. I am really impressed by what the development team has accomplished with this program: The learning curve is minimal, it offers beautiful Gantt and Kanban views, instant messaging for collaboration, the ability to add comments to tasks and projects, and a fantastic focus mode.

CONS

There are only a few functions I've seen in other programs that I wish this one had: The ability to specify task progress percentages, partially conceal Kanban columns, and set rules for each column.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Because using Hive, we're able to see the big picture of our projects and keep things organized for more efficient activity execution, both of which have boosted our company's productivity.

Frank X.

Reviewed August 2019

Truly Insightful Project Management for Agencies

PROS

The multiple team and dashboard views are a difference maker for our team, as well as the agency view which helps us anticipate and overcome potential bottlenecks.

CONS

The mobile app is not nearly as robust as the desktop version.

Reason for choosing Hive

User-experience, flexibility, & customer service.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Kept Workamajig for finance, switched to Hive for for PM.

Bram

Easy project management

Hive has been a great help in keeping an overview of all the different projects that run simultaneously. Assigning tasks, checking off to-do lists and tracking time is what I use Hive for on a daily basis, and with great pleasure!

PROS

The software is really easy to use - and very friendly to the eyes and mind. I love using the Gantt-chart option when setting up projects, to keep a nice overview of the status of a project. For employees to be able to switch project views is an excellent tool too, because not everyone needs the overview like me.

CONS

What I like least is the way integration with email and Slack is done. It definitely works, and probably like charm knowing the team and the software, but it sits on a rather small portion of the screen and makes the rest of the app a lot smaller, too.

Reason for choosing Hive

Hive just started out when I got my subscription - and it promised a great deal. Being a start-up myself, I felt motivated to go with a project management tool that was just starting out. I stuck with Hive over the past few months because they deliver on their promises.

Hi Bram, Thanks for leaving a review of Hive! We're thrilled that you've been loving Gantt. If there's ever anything we can do for you, feel free to reach out at marketing@hive.com Best, The Hive Team

Replied August 2020

Reviewed May 2022

Fantastic Project Management Tool for Agencies

PROS

The intuitive nature of Hive's functionality makes it easy for anyone to use and to quick to onboard and learn. The ability to move between different views allows users to the program in their favorite mode. Once you've set up templates it makes building cadenced projects even more simple.

CONS

I would love to see the ability to quote jobs added to Hive - it would help eliminate another program we use at the Agency.

Reason for choosing Hive

Monday was too complicated.

Reasons for switching to Hive

Hive was built by Agencies for Agencies and has better functions needed specifically by Agencies.

Thanks for the great review, Jennifer! We're thrilled to hear Hive helps your team stay organized.

Replied September 2022

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

"One of the most functional software for project managers and entrepreneurs."

The best thing and the most productive benefit of the hive are that it can alter anything into an engaging task. Thus, with the multiple features and simple interface, this software is bringing a wide range of work opportunities. Hence, to be on track you need such easy-to-use software with the best integration and drag plus drop attributes. In short, the hive is one of the most functional software for entrepreneurs and other users. The easy-to-use keys and appealing dashboard make it quite interesting for users to work. Thus, bring it one and enjoy the unlimited proactive tools.

PROS

As quoted, this is one of the best and first management platforms supporting democracy. So, this software manages the whole working schedule very well for the users. Thus, you will regulate the timings and working strategies with the help of this tool. Hive helps in the engaging audience and provides productivity with collaborative teamwork.

CONS

Having no problem is a problem. So, when it comes to hives then a lot of users complain about the notifications that don't pop up while working. Thus, there are many analytical report generation and buffering issues that customers encounter.

Thank you for leaving a review, James! We appreciate your support, and are thrilled to hear the benefits your team has seen with Hive.

Replied September 2022

Lee

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Hive: The app that pulls it altogether

We all love hive from the upper management to the day to day users. It is so great to go through the rundown of projects and see how they are all coming along. Thanks for making such a great piece of software!

PROS

We have a very large team and Hive helps our team stay connected on all of our projects in all different groups. It really keeps us organized and on time.

CONS

There is alot to cover with hive. The team has been helpful with our implementation. I wish that hive could connect with our calendars so that a due date and time can be seen on my calendar on my iphone. That is the one thing we have not yet figured out.

Thanks for your great review, Lee! We love hearing that Hive helps your large team stay connected and organized. We're happy to have you on the Hive team!

Replied March 2021

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

A good communication tool

Overall, my experience was positive, but my team and I outgrew what Hive was capable of and needed to switch to a more robust solution.

PROS

I liked how similar Hive was to other collaboration tools I've used before. It made integration easy and quick.

CONS

The features I needed to simplify task and project management weren't as fully developed as I needed.

Cost for the value

Cost per user

Wagner

Reviewed December 2018

A good tool for multiple projects

My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

PROS

one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view. This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis. I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

CONS

Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Courtney