All Justworks Reviews

Reviewed February 2022

It Just Works for our employees

Jessica

Reviewed May 2018

I use JustWorks everyday to keep track of all my HR needs. From payroll to 401K and tracking PTO.

PROS

I love the ease of JustWorks platform. We used another PEO before switching to JustWorks and all reporting and features were third party integrations that never worked. JustWorks is a one stop shop and has updated access to anything and everything you may need. Their on-boarding process is detailed and customer focused and they even answered questions from my team about insurance concerns. They walked me through the transition step by step and were available immediately to answer any questions I had. I could go on for days about how much easier JustWorks has made my job!

CONS

Because JustWorks is so new, there are a few reports that they haven't implemented yet. We have a PTO accrual system that rolls over every year but maxes out at 96 hours (this changes based on goals) and JustWorks has no way to track this. Once a day is used, it can be recouped by working another month, encouraging employees to take time off. It's been difficult for me to try and track this and when asked about it, JustWorks said it's not something they have developed yet.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Justworks does what it says on the tin

The team there is hyper responsive and knows their stuff. Onboarding was phenomenal, considering how complex an operation it is to onboard. They move you seamlessly from sales rep to onboarding rep to ongoing support rep, and you end up with a dedicated rep that knows your business. They handle compliance really well, and their Slack support is fantastic. It's great to have a resource I can tap for questions on compliance or policy, and the ThinkHR integration offers even more resources. My employees love OneMedical, Health Advocate, and Teledoc. Love love. Having a self-service onboarding process is really great and simplifies our onboarding dramatically. Using a PEO helps with having remote employees across the country. Much less to worry about around taxes and compliance there.

PROS

Justworks is a compelling PEO offering that brings a lot of advantages to helping manage a growing company. I'd run payroll myself for 15 years, so moving to a PEO that has my back is nice. Any consideration of moving to a PEO has to come with factoring cost savings around insurance products. Justworks represented a significant cost savings in my first year, but in the second year, our renewals still jumped 10%, which was frustrating. I was hoping we'd be more insulated to those sort of increases. From a payroll platform perspective, Justworks is really nice. It basically offers fully automated payroll, though there are some things that could be improved with how it integrates with time trackers, how it manages PTO requests, and some other nits to pick. They've done a great job of being responsive and adding functionality over the past year, and they're a tech-first company so I'm confident it'll just continue to improve.

CONS

There are a couple of limitations that are vexing, verging on boneheaded: * PTO requests don't show remaining balance for the PTO plan * Unpaid time off is a manual ordeal * There's no mobile app, and the website isn't responsive. Not a huge dealbreaker, since I'm not doing too much payroll from my phone, but still * No expense management or reimbursement scheduling. It's just a manual process. * QBO integration is weak, but I've been promised it'll improve

Reason for choosing Justworks

TriNet is eye-wateringly expensive and an old system. Gusto is really compelling and affordable, but they're not a PEO: they don't handle the compliance or shared benefits rates

Reasons for switching to Justworks

IOP was dated and abandonware. It was manual and didn't handle benefits.

Reviewed October 2020

Worst PEO ever

They just suck and I suggest you to not to be misled by their sales pitch

PROS

Somewhat easier to use they put too much burden on the company.

CONS

Be aware of them, they don't pay the withheld taxes to IRS; Check their status of PEO on the IRS website Very unfriendly customer service - they act like a bunch of entitled officers

Reasons for switching to Justworks

to get the benefits from PEO

Ing. Ind. Manuel

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A good solution for small and medium-sized businesses

PROS

I really like its interface, we migrated from another application which was very poor in support for its platform

CONS

It still needs certain adjustments such as hourly payroll payment

Julie

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Justworks - Just do it

Amazing across the board!

PROS

Justworks is so user friendly and simple to setup - the Customer Support and Account Management team is incredible - so friendly, supportive, and timely with their responses! Even if they're stumped about a question or issue happening with our team, they get back to me right away to let me know that they are investigating. In general, it is a great first impression for new hires during the onboarding process - everything they need (benefits, payroll, etc) is all in one place. Such a time saver for us, and has saved us the need to hire a full time person to manage HR Operations.

CONS

Honestly, nothing right now. There are things that the team is still working on building out, but their Product team is super communicative and open to feedback.

Reason for choosing Justworks

Good recommendation from industry, great customer service and initial sales rep experience, price on par with rest of industry, user friendly

Reasons for switching to Justworks

Trinet was more expensive, not at all user friendly, and did not have the information ready to go for our RMA Tax Credit.

Mike

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

One of the best decisions we've ever made for our small business!

Justworks helps alleviate all the hassles of dealing with payroll, HR, and compliance that plagued us for so long. We no longer have to worry about the IRS, new employee set up is simple and quick, and their customer service team is always there for us when we need them (and super helpful, too). The company (Justworks) truly cares about our business and making things easier for us in so many ways. When the Covid-19 pandemic hit and all the new laws were passed earlier this year to help us navigate the pandemic, Justworks was always on top of things and make it very easy for us to apply for the PPP loan accurately and quickly. We got that loan and that has made a world of difference for our business this year! Thank you!!!

PROS

The Justworks software is top-notch, very intuitive, and if there are ever any issues with it, their customer service team is always ready to help. I think the thing I like most about their software/platform is that it has eliminated so much paperwork for our business. Everything is digital and very user-friendly. Can't imagine life without it anymore!

CONS

Honestly, I can't think of one thing that I have a problem with. Justworks seems to always be one step ahead of us and that is truly appreciated!

Reason for choosing Justworks

Justworks seemed to be the easiest to use.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

I wanted a platform/software that would eliminate any chance of me making mistakes that would lead to letters from the IRS. Justworks has done that!

Donna

Investment Banking, 11-50 employees

Very Satisfied Customer...

After the transition from sales to the onboarding process with the implementation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and helped me set up the employees and explained all the different parts to the software. She then introduced me to our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which I had the opportunity to meet. Overall, the experience was terrific and wished I knew about Justworks earlier. We indeed are so appreciative and grateful for the assistance from the Justworks Team.

PROS

I love that the Justworks software has everything in one area. You have access to the employees' information, payroll, benefits, PTO policies, invoicing, and compliance items. It is easy, functional, saves a lot of time after the initial setup. There are multiple ways our employees can reach out if someone in our HR department is not available.

CONS

At this time, I do not have any cons. The Justworks team is always keeping our firm updated with news and other information within the platform or via email.

Reason for choosing Justworks

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the sales department worked on analyses with a census that our firm sent him. He came up with different options regarding obtaining health insurance and how the software would help our firm. He answered all of our questions and concerns and explained how the onboarding process would go, monthly costs, and was upfront about everything. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very professional throughout the process and listened to what we wanted. He checks in with our firm often to make sure everything is working smoothly.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

We were able to be part of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO). This gave our company access to health insurance with larger group benefit pricing. Health insurance options are limited and extremely expensive when you are a smaller firm. Also, having everything in one area versus working with many software programs made the decision to switch very easy. In addition, our firm saved over $21,000 annually due to purchasing health insurance as a PEO with Justrworks.

Love JustWorks

Great product and great customer service.

PROS

Easy to set up, easy to manage, and easy for employees to manage their own information. The dashboard is great.

CONS

Missing some minor features like recurring payments, and exporting transactions to excel doesn't break them out which makes accounting more difficult.

Reason for choosing Justworks

Great product, low cost, and hands-on customer service. Can't beat it.

Streamlines life for startups

Positive

PROS

Justworks is easy to use and maintains a high service level, both from customer support and the HR services (which act as an outsourced HR team until we bring it in-house)

CONS

We had some bumps in the road submitting information to state of NY to inform them we were working with a PEO, which led to a few letters that consumed a bit of time but were eventually cleared

Reason for choosing Justworks

Justworks was able to provide healthcare to our company when we were only 2 FTEs while Gusto requires 4.

Josue

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Amazing PEO and HR Product

I loved using Justworks and I think they are thoughtful in their design and product updates.

PROS

They make everything about managing your employees payroll, benefits and compliance easy to manage. During COVID, they mobilized really quickly so that companies could have the correct reporting to file for COVID relief federal initiatives and were a huge reason why companies were able to received their relief packages. I love their UI and I think their platform is super intuitive and user friendly.

CONS

At times, their customer support can be backed up, however you will always received a response from someone who is extremely knowledgable in the product and they will ensure your questions are answered.

Robert

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Straightforward Dashboard with Excellent Support

Overall my experience with JustWorks has been a positive one. Their support team are easy to access and answer questions quickly.

PROS

Employee and contractor management solutions are super easy and straightforward. Benefits solution, including the Time Off options, are also easy to use and administer. Employees love the simple dashboard used for accessing review docs, submitting time off requests, and accessing contractor contacts.

CONS

Wish vendors were treated like contractors, with the ability to store documents associated with vendors and add them to company directory.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Justworks

We need the PEO features including payroll/1099 payments and the power of larger group getting more competitive insurance premiums.

Coleen

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Wonderful tool for our small business.

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

PROS

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

CONS

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Reason for choosing Justworks

Had heard some negative feedback from some colleagues with regards to ADP.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

Wanted one stop shopping for payroll and benefits with an easy user experience.

Sandy

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Incredibly intuitive for the entire team

PROS

The transition to Boomr was incredibly easy. The customer support team is fantastic and they are incredibly responsive and willing to find a resolution to any issues we have. All of my staff find it simple and intuitive to use and it's made our payroll and invoicing so much easier.

CONS

When we signed up for Boomr we were told that a scheduling component would be added in the first quarter of 2020. There have been issues with that and now the message it will likely be released in the third quarter of 2020. While we didn't sign on specifically for scheduling, it would help us streamline our system and reduce redundancy.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

CareSmartz is really designed for the healthcare industry. While we provide in-home care and were assured that the product would meet all of our needs, it was complicated and incredibly time consuming. There were so many features that we had to bypass in order to utilize the things we needed. The customer service team promised us things they could not deliver and when asked about them they became defensive and rude.

Juliette

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Justworks leads the PEO market

If you get a good account manager you are all set. But that's key.

PROS

This is The Most User-Friendly software for my employees to experience

CONS

There are still some features that aren't well thought out, such as tracking and paying hourly employee time, problematic birthday features, and details like that.

Reason for choosing Justworks

It leads the market on all counts.

Reasons for switching to Justworks

Trinet was replete with bugs. Terrible piece of engineering.

Maggie

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

JustWorks saves us time and keeps our HR organized

We are small and do not need to spend a ton of time/resources on HR right now, but we do have HR needs. JustWorks has been a great way to gently launch into managing payroll and becoming familiar with other benefits we can add in the near future, as we add employees. (Since we only have 2 employees right now and only one is full time, we are not yet eligible for health benefits.) I find the payroll transactions very easy to follow. I do the bookkeeping for the business, as well, but we don't use your automatic Quickbooks feed at this point.

PROS

I love that JustWorks handles all filing and calculations for payroll and also offers benefit options you can add as your company size grows. I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate and, on the few instances where I've had questions, I can often find the info in FAQx. We started using JustWorks last year with 2 employees (one PT, one FT) and can handle payroll very easily + it will be a breeze to add other benefits (health, etc.) as we're eligible. I like that I get notifications about deadlines, as well as updates on relevant state law changes that may affect us. One feature I especially like that I didn't even really consider before we started using the software is that access to templates for creating employee handbooks/policies, etc. Since we're small and growing, these things are important to do, but I don't think we'd tackle them as early in the process if we didn't have solid templates to start with that only required moderate modifications.

CONS

Some of the benefits eligibility is difficult to navigate, but I have a feeling that's more a function of that information being dense, rather than it being unavailable. One thing I've tried to do several times is to download a PDF of our biweekly payroll invoices (our company payroll costs + employer/employee tax breakdown) and that feature is unavailable. I always end up printing it and saving as a PDF, but would much prefer that I could just download a PDF of our broken down bill.

Reason for choosing Justworks

The salesperson/rep we worked with was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and Justworks seemed like the right scale for where we were: doing substantial business, but only just beginning to have employees, but also knowing that we'll hire 1-3 more people this calendar year and that we wanted to be prepared to grow.

Kara

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Payroll/Benefit/HR Management Tool Review

From onboarding to continued support this is by far the best system we have ever used.

PROS

I am blown away but the easy to use management for benefits, payroll and HR. The customer services is always quick and effective. I am often blown away with how Justworks follows up with tools for me to use and to make sure I had my questions resolved. I also appreciate that I can take care of my team all in one place.

CONS

I would like a couple more reporting options, and if the admin could switch to staff view so that I could always look at what they are looking at to better assist.

The customer service

Reasons for switching to Justworks

The ability to take care of Benefits, training, payroll for contractors and employees all in one space.

Nick

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Overall solid system; some updates needed

Overall, I'm happy with the switch. as I mentioned above, some system enhancements are needed. I think the customer service is largely good - very responsive. However, sometimes I want to talk through an issue with someone so I can better articulate my needs. It's difficult to get someone on the phone.

PROS

The user experience surpassed that of the competitors I looked at

CONS

Some basic functions seem lacking - like the ability to set up recurring off-cycle payments.

Cost, user experience