All Rotageek Reviews

Reviewed June 2022

Rotageek is the easier rota tracker EVER

PROS

Really easy to use and manage. You can type any information you want to keep under control and it’s really helpful

CONS

Sometimes was a little bit slow to access from the phone app. It didn’t display all the info that you can easily access from the laptop

Jessica

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Overall a great tool, useful and easy to use.

Overall a really happy user, there are some minor irritations but nothing that would make me look elsewhere, and the excellent customer support and frequent updates are especially gratifying.

PROS

For the most part it is easy and intuitive to use. It's easy to create and to edit shifts, customise with colours/shift names, it alerts colleagues immediately when shifts have changed. The app is great for a visual snapshot of published shifts that all users can access. If there are ever any issues, there is always someone on the live chat who can help straight away, and although I've only used this help service approx 3-4 times in the entire time I've been a rotageek user, they have always been exceptionally helpful and resolved my issue/answered my question immediately. I have no basis for comparison but I'd have no reason to want to try different software, I'm a happy user and it often gets minor updates which only improve the experience.

CONS

It's sometimes a little glitchy, eg when deleting a shift to enter a new one it sometimes takes time before it will let you enter a new one (whereas editing works immediately), although this could be poor Internet connection. An 'undo' button would be a useful addition as I occasionally move a shift by accident and can't work out where I moved it from! But aside from this, the worst thing is that it's sometimes a bit slow to get going.

Matthew

Reviewed March 2021

Good but older version better

No overall problems just the older versions were more user friendly, more efficient as could get rotas done in a much quicker time and easier to use.

PROS

Its great that we can notify our colleagues immediately of any shift changes and that it saves the use of a diary or having to write all of the shifts down. Paperless is always good too

CONS

The first version we were using was much more user friendly and easy to use. The new version is too easy to make mistakes.

Jorja

Retail, 201-500 employees

Helpful tool

My overall experience with rota geek is really good and I would recommend people to use it all the time

PROS

It's very easy to navigate and it's clear on how it displays scheduling for all staff members. It helps as it's a clear indicator or who had paid holiday, sick leave etc and helps me work out exactly what hours everyone has worked so I can complete payroll correctly. The app is convenient to have downloaded and makes applying for holiday requests quick and simple. All staff will get notifications about any and all changes to their timetable as well. It shows using colour sections the difference between the type of shifts and lengths making it easy to see and understand even with a quick glance.

CONS

There should be features added such as important message notifications that can be written and provided to all staff members so they can have an electronic format no matter what goes on.

Jean

Cosmetics, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

It's improving and getting better

At Lush we started around 2 year ago and they decided to stop and we are using again now. I can see very good improvements but still some opportunities to be better. Overall it's being good comparing with the old system.

PROS

Scheduler, copy schedule for other weeks, timesheet changes time improvements, the fact if the user don't clock in the hours worked will show anyway.

CONS

It's taking away too long to delete or add hours on timesheet. It's more than 1 minute for each change so if you have more then 200 employees it's terrible. For changing times it's ok, but for delete or add...

Reasons for switching to Rotageek

Company decision.

daniel

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Easy to use but rich in data

PROS

Although my company provided training on how to use Rotageek I can honestly say it is not needed as the day to day useage is really intuitive. The customer support that I've had to use in the rare occurance was extremely fast and effective. The mobile app is great for my entire team and the leave tracking makes light work of an important part of the work life balance in my business.

CONS

I feel like there is so much more to the software I havent dug deep in to yet so Im sure any problems or wants for me might already be there waiting.

Rebecca

Cosmetics, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2021

RotaGeek is a huge win for employees!

I generally think it is a huge time saver and its so powerful to give employees the opportunity to view and consider their own leave and sickness levels, have access to their shifts and holiday requests on-the-go - everything really. I think it's been of huge benefit to them especially.

PROS

All info relevant to Timesheets, holiday allowance, shifts etc is now kept in one place rather than over 3 or 4 seperate documents. Staff can easily access their own information as they should be able to, and they have their shifts shared directly to them as soon as they're available.

CONS

I would like the scheduler to be more compact although this may be irrelevant when I start to use the auto-scheduling feature as I'll look at it for less time! I would like for copied shifts to be copied verbatim - breaks, shift names, any notes etc. Copying a shift is supposed to save time but at the moment I still have to edit every break, add in notes again, change colours. I would like for employees on Timesheets to display in the same order as they do on Scheduler to make checking off the time sheet more user-friendly. When printed, I'd like the printed version to represent what is shown on the scheduler screen - any coloured shifts currently print in a very faint grey rather than their highlighted colour. (I have checked my printer settings and I am printing in colour).

Nikki

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Great system for Area Managers, Recruitment, Payroll and Team Members alike!

Managing the personnel out in the field in one place - their work schedules, changes to rotas, and their contact details

PROS

Accessibility to live schedules - with over 60 stores in the UK it allows Area Managers that are constantly on the road, Recruitment at Head Office and Payroll to view exactly what is happening at each store. Team Member details are easily accessible when we need to contact them or make any amendments. When Team Members (sub-contractors) submit their invoices, it allows an easy method of cross checking for payments.

CONS

Trying to find out historical data can be a bit challenging at times. This has improved since the 'delete' option was replaced with 'deactivated', as we can now reactivate a Team Member's details if needed. The other challenge, has been if any changes have been made to any details - customer support cannot always advise who has made these changes or when, so it makes it difficult to be able to apply any training to avoid a repeat of changes that have caused issues.

Sophie

Reviewed June 2022

Great roya system, so easy to use

PROS

Usability and the customer support is great. Whenever I have a query it is answered within minutes

CONS

How easy it is to accidentally make a change and not know what you've done by mistake.

Phil

Reviewed November 2020

I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

We use this application / software daily for scheduling and planning. I find it extremely easy to build schedules and my team really do find the app convenient for remaining up to date. On the rare occasion where we have needed so additional support, the Rotageek customer services are always on hand and able to quickly resolve our queries. I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

PROS

It's easy to access Rotageek either by the desktop link of the simple to use Mobile App. Being able to drag and drop shifts into my teams schedule is super efficient, which means I can build robust schedules quickly and therefor invest more of my time in other areas of our business.

CONS

I really can not fault the Rotageek Software or Mobile Application.

Ayeesha

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Hours and holiday tracker simplified

PROS

I like the option of being able to use my own device to clock in and out. I also like that it shows how many hours you’re scheduled to work each week and which colleagues you’ll be with. Holiday requests are simple to complete at any time of the day or night instead of waiting and doing it during working hours. It also keeps track of what has been used and what is available.

CONS

Kind of random and not a dislike of sort but the app colouring looks like NatWest online banking.

kerry

Reviewed June 2022

Great system accessible to all

PROS

easy of access, can be used on different formats

CONS

when booking holiday, rota geek automatically fills every shift with holiday, I may want 4 days off in total but but only use 2 days holiday. This can be changed on the screen but there needs to ne a function of how many days holiday I would like to use when I apply for annual leave

Reviewed October 2020

Ultimate solution to a long term problem

Exceptional love this it’s changed scheduling for us big time and included holiday requests and notifies of any clashes

PROS

Live up to date rota. Which can be viewed from home. Sync with apple calendar. Provide notifications when shifts are updated and changed.

CONS

None really some features are locked by administrators that don’t need to be at store management level

Beatriz

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Very positive

PROS

I like the way you can request holidays and days off , swaps .

CONS

We can’t print daily floor plan before to approve the schedule

Laura

Makes rotas easy!

PROS

Having employees see exactly when and where they are working is so useful. I love the fact that employees can request leave quickly and easily.

CONS

Employees that work dual sited can be hard to schedule occasionally. Similarly transferring employees over to other sites can be a challenge.

Will

Reviewed June 2022

Forward thinking, productive & inclusive!

It’s been wonderful, after using other softwares and really struggling Rotageek has been a piece of cake

PROS

The most impactful element of Rotageek is the customer service that comes with it, help is available at any time and will also respond within minutes to answer questions.

CONS

I would like to be able to add notes at the top of the schedule for each day rather than only be able to make notes for the whole week.

Reasons for switching to Rotageek

Company decision

jamie

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Store manager user

Fantastic support team. Always someone on hand for support whenever needed

PROS

Very easy to use. Colleagues love to use it! The software is one of the best out there from experience

CONS

Don’t experience any difficulties. I find the alert to tell me a shift starts in 2 hours a bit irrelevant Though

Very easy scheduling tool

Great support from the live chat makes a huge difference.

PROS

Ease of use. All buttons and tabs are intuitively placed on the desktop site. Runs well on low powered machines and tablets. Easy to create set shift patterns for certain people. Easy to pick up a schedule with an unfamiliar team, if it has been set up appropriately.

CONS

The app could be better. More options for an administrator to adjust schedules on a mobile device.

Iwona

Reviewed November 2020

Excellent management tool

Team us up do date with all changes immediately.

PROS

It's time saving and so easy to work with. Managing team and their schedule couldn't be quicker and simpler. Timesheet and payroll costs under control.

CONS

There is nothing that I font like. Everything what I need and use

Reason for choosing Rotageek