• Pros

• "Easy to learn. Tracks projects with multiple elements. "

• "I have the free version and since it is just me using it I have never really needed anything else. It allows me to create individual items per client when I get side work. "

• "Easy to use and straightforward instructions for downloading the extension. "

• Cons

• "I don't love that its a subscription. Much rather have a one time cost. "

• "It can be improved in many aspects, such as taking screen capture while you work, connecting with a payment gateway to send a receipt with your summary of hours attached."

• "There isn't much I don't like about it but I also use it in a limited capacity for just me. "

Browse TrackingTime Reviews

Anna from The Visual Branding Group

Industry: Graphic Design

Great For Motivation + Project Tracking!

This is a life-saver for me!

Pros

I use this software to track how much time I spend on hourly projects as well as keep myself motivated and focused! I love that you can assign dates to pieces of the projects as well as urgency marks!

Cons

The support for TrackingTime is really slow.

Robert Jose from Latinos in Real Estate

Record your work hours

Pros

This application has many advantages when working with freelance clients or with remote companies. You can calculate your hours worked with just start the tracker, if you forgot to start it you just have to start a new time log and edit the start time at which you started. You can also indicate in detail what you did during that period of time, have a record of hours worked per day, week or month, and an average of days worked in the week. Actually this app has made me manage my time and labor cost.

Geneva from The Nutrient Institute

Industry: Writing and Editing

Simple and Effective

I kept track of my working hours updating nutrition information on google drive. Wonderfully user friendly.

Pros

Easy to use and straightforward instructions for downloading the extension.

Cons

I couldnt use Tracking Time without being an internet connection.

Julie from AYN

Tracking Time Made Easy

It works very well for what I need. I have recommended it to a few friends that work from home.

Cons

It was difficult to learn

I rarely use it now because I dont have tons of use for it right now but I could pick it back up

Pros

It is accurate and once I learned how it worked it was much easier than my old system

Cons

It was really difficult to learn how to use it with software that wasnt web based.

Nathan from Graphical Element

Industry: Online Media

Use the software every day!

Its been great, I've tried many other programs and this one just works and just keeps working.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track my time and add new projects. I also love that I can get a overview of my week and how many hours a day I've worked. As a freelancer this is extremely helpful information. Also being able to sync with my phone is a God Sent!

Cons

I don't love that its a subscription. Much rather have a one time cost.

Roget from Aperia Technologies, Inc.

A lightweight, full featured time tracking service that gets the job done.

The ability to report on project timeline performance with traceable, direct metrics was immensely helpful in justifying the business case for increased personnel and additional budgetary resources.

Pros

The ability to get instantaneous metrics on hours tracked, performance targets, and overall usage without having to spend time creating or reviewing complex reports. The dashboard view alone is virtually everything a Project Manager needs to be able to proactively adjust resources and priorities.

Cons

The inability to have two users contribute to a common task is a SERIOUS deterrent to wider rollout and adoption within our organization. That, combined with the limited access control features and lack of flexibility in input methods is what reduces this from the best in class application to merely an excellent entry in an already crowded field.

Justin from Dei Rossi Marketing

Time Tracker with a Great Free Version

Pros

Easy to learn. Tracks projects with multiple elements.

Cons

The free version limits the number of tasks you can have active. Honestly, I've been using TrackingTime for a couple years and have only ran into this a few times.

Mary from University of Minnesota

Industry: Research

Free Version

I use this for my own personal planning and only use the free version because I am not convinced that the paid version would be much better for what I need (at the moment).

Pros

I have used the free version to keep track of my time on projects, and it seems to be pretty good. I like that it reminds me of an ongoing activity as well as being able to backtrack to fill in my time.

Cons

I wish it was available to use on a phone application. Additionally, I wish that you could set the time you want to spend on each task and it would notify you when you should switch and ask you if you have switched.

Adina from Adina Block MS

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for timing yourself

Pros

Ability to time your task completion and time each step.

Cons

Forgetting to click the button to start the timer.

Pros

The mobile interface is very usefull

Cons

The price, it will be nice to have a lower price