What are VivifyScrum users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using VivifyScrum software through verified user reviews

• icon"Also, the interface is bright and modern (a nice change from Jira) and the price is very reasonable considering everything it offers."
  • icon"Also,​ the team behind Vivify Scrum are responsive, personable and helpful, they listen to their customers and are always improving the product. Decent integrations with other platforms too."
  • icon"Vivifyscrum is an excellent user friendly and very intuitive agile project management tool."
  • icon"Sometimes annoying cross platform, mainly mobile."
  • icon"Sometimes there's some problems with the website, mostly at the start of our workday (when we need it the most) which is unfortunate."
  • icon"We ran into one issue where we moved items across boards and they disappeared."

Browse all VivifyScrum Reviews

• Have you used VivifyScrum and would like to share your experience with others?

Ulla Baasch

Guys - you can get this for free!

I am using this to plan our future, near and far, overview of daily tasks as well as tasks in the pipeline.

Pros

I was looking for a replacement for all of our yellow stickers on our scrum board, in a way that all team members could see. I like the visual of the board, quick overview, no wrong turns when opening boards. It is intuitive - and it is working.

Cons

Hm ha ha I had to pay to export my tasks - but of course - nothing is free.

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

It is simple enough - it probably also has the complexity, but it was more easy to go to the Azure

Dario

Vivifying Scrum, for real!

Imagine to be a person working in Project Management by years, working on European Projecting (projects that force some organizations in EU countries to work all together), and you need to manage a team composed by a large number of partners, that have to do something, regularly, and to know quite well how is the progress level. And imagine you're not an Agile professionist, and you have to decide a tool for tracing the activities of all your partners. Now, consider you find a tool, called "VivifyScrum", you heard and read something about Scrum, so you try to subscribe the service for testing and in half a day you've fixed your theoric competences in Scrum and started to learn something more. Now imagine, you're not an agile professional, but VivifyScrum allow you to join a free and well explained course that allows you to understand the logics behind the framework. In days you know the method, in some day more you understand how to plan your jobs and how to explain the method to your workgroup. In one week you're able to use a tool easy, that "Vivify Scrum" for real! What can you desire more for obtaining the result you plan?

Pros

I appreciate absolutely the ADHERENCE to the system proposed in the Agile Manifesto. As you read it, you apply, and this allows to remove a lot of more complex tools that weigh too much the method once applied

Cons

Not found, actually I think that even the price is absolutely adequate for the service proposed

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

It's easy and gives me what I need, and no more! It doesn't confuse my users.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

Because I have to work in an international team, where all the people have to be able to follow the progressess and to know what is required them. The excel tool was too much hard working to be easily managed an synchronized

Schmitt

A simple tool for scrum with good ROI

I have leaved the software because my team prefer gitlab but I miss all the organisation features.

Pros

The thing I love about Vivify is the way that you can manage your features by labels, organize your product backlog. Actually many software do that, but what others software don’t do is to provide way to use the label, like for suming the point, filtering. I use Gitlab CE, Github, I have worked on Jira and for the moment this is Vivify who help me to organize my backlog the better.

Cons

The lack of advanced features. Like if I want to story map, to see the features in a mindmap, to have a larger view of my backlog who sum up my features. Also the relation with gitlab is not good. I want a total mirroring of gitlab issues.

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

Trello seem’s more appropriate for Kanban and not Scrum.

Too old UI, bad UX.

Ana

Great tool with small fixs needed

We use Vivify to help our Scrum & Kaban projects get done in the right way. We tried 2 different tools before and none were as complete as Vivify is.

Pros

It's easy to create "tasks", when we have a complex project link "cards" is an essential feature. Labels and "card types" work really well.

Cons

Search field doesn't work well, is super hard to find past cards using it. Sometimes more the one link per card is needed and we do not have this option. The app is not as good or as fast as the web platform.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

I agree on the switch, but a colleague of my team made the suggestion

Loads of useful functionality but still easy to use

We initially used VivifyScrum to manage the internal design and development of our brand new corporate website. We now use it for the ongoing updates to the website and also for the development of an internal browser based finance system. In the future we plan to look at using VivifyScrum for other projects as well.

Pros

It's web-based, clear and easy to use, is well thought-out and has a lot of functionality without being overly complicated to use.

Cons

It's not so easy to browse through items which have already been previously completed.

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

Pricing & functionality were comparable and having trialled Vivify for a free period, the beginnings of a project was in place and we decided to continue and see how it went.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

The virtual server on which we had our own JIRA installation was hacked, this led us to review our options for a hosted SAAS soution, before choosing to try Vivify. After trialling the product we decided to continue with it as it offered much of the same functionality as JIRA's hosted

Secret gem

We have found Vivify to be much faster than many other scum/kanban products, and also far more cost-effective​.

Pros

Simple, USABLE, fast. It doesn't​ have the bloat features of most other products of this type. Also,​ the team behind Vivify Scrum are responsive, personable and helpful, they listen to their customers and are always improving the product. Decent integrations with other platforms too.

Cons

Not as fully-featured as some other, mature products. Not the best for generating reports

Less expensive and way more usable for an agile team

Less expensive and way more usable for an agile team

Guillermo

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The only SCRUM tool to use

Pros

The top of this App is that it does the work for SCRUM & Kanban maybe just like others, but it also does it in a fancy, easy and intuitive way!

Cons

The Android App really doesn't work and it's hard to do it on responsive

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

It's cooler, and more fancy and easy to learn and manage

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

We needed to expand the team

Tim

Quick, Simple, and Powerful

We use Vivify to manage our Scrum process. It has done that job exceptionally well for us.

Pros

The product is very easy to set up and use, especially comparing it to the "big" providers out there. It does boards very well. Reporting is useful and adequate.

Cons

It takes a bit to get used to the pop-ups; they close if you click outside of them. That's annoying, but it does not degrade the functionality of the system.

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

Jira was impossible to learn how to set up solo and hiring a consultant to do it seemed like something that should be unnecessary. Jira also double-charged me for a one-month subscription and I had to threaten a chargeback to get one of the charges refunded. Microsoft Teams was also overkill for our needs.

Jack

Industry: Information Services

Flexible and Efficient

Gave me enhanced fluidity to manage members and tasks.

Pros

Ease of use, without experience. Clarity throughout. Organisational benefits.

Cons

I would like to edit the boards layout and design a bit more, like having different themes, e.g. dark theme.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

Customer support, clarity and ease of use with VivifyScrum

Jonás

VivifyScrum is great for team work

VivifyScrum is ideal for small teams and makes it nice to follow the scrum methodology.

Pros

VivifyScrum allows you to organize your team efficiently, finish the work and estimate time. The kanban board is simple and easy to use. You can record the time spent in a task and estimate time to be spent. You can view the team overall performance through charts.

Cons

Has some minor UI incompatibilities with Firefox Browser. Sometimes the app gets out of sync and a browser refresh is required.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

Trello is simple but it lacks built-in scrum features.

Great Value to get started right away

Visually very simply organized, so no need to fuss over cool animations, for those of you who are over-thinkers. It has great over all UX design, things are put into comfortable places. I did have a little trouble at first deleting the boards, and it would be cool to see a kanban within a kanban if that's even a thing.

Pros

I love how the free version is easy to get started with. You get to get everyone on board easily and you are able to see what everyone is doing right away. I think the biggest getaway is how much value they give you for free, it is really to go-to software for teams that are just starting out and need a management system in place to get things done. Our team needs to upload a lot of files all the time, so the freemium starter kit version where you get to upload 20mb max was very helpful, you can hardly find any other software that provide the same kind of upload size, most are 10mb for the free version. The only other software I've found so far is MeisterTask

Cons

I didn't like how there wasn't a calendar system in the software, it would be handy to have a overview of a Google Calendar calendar system where I can see where everything is moving, since I am more of a visual person. Even though their is the project function for organizing, but I prefer the good ol' folder systems where you can organize and group your things in folder formats. Although we are just starting out, there are all kinds of files, different versions of files for us to store, if there was a file storage option where we can have all the files in one place that would be great. The other downside is that if you are in China, their servers don't work and so you would have to connect to a VPN while using this wonderful software.

MeisterTask

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

It was too confusing with too many options for its own good. It has all the things coming at you and it is just overwhelming. It would be nice to see them organize it in a design sense. No Kanban, annoying sign-in methods etc.

Miguel

Industry: Graphic Design

A product that caters to true Scrum.

In trying to find solutions for my clients who rely on Scrum, I discovered VivifyScrum and decided to take it for a test-drive. I am truly impressed with its true Scrum approach without trying too hard to be something else. It is functional and truly effective and has all that one needs to keep a Scrum team on track. It handles all aspects of development, including bugs and testing, something some simpler applications cannot accommodate.

Pros

VivifyScrum is built with Scrum at its foundation. It allows you to select from a Kanban or Scrum view as well. It's default settings reflects its Scrum roots with columns for Backlog, To Do, In Progress and Done. Need to customize it a bit? You can add more columns as needed. It employs estimations for stories and provides a host of functions for each card: commenting, file attachments, priorities, sub-items (tasks), lists, events, tags and more. Everything to keep a project running on Scrum efficiently. VivifyScrum also provides all the Scrum artifacts including burndown charts and velocity. Need to control how the teams have access? this is also managed, with various accessibility levels that reflect true Scrum ownership in projects. Planning poker is even included. VivifyScrum has just the right balance of customization features without overdoing it. Everything you need to run Scrum is there. Or, at least, the majority.

Cons

I would have loved to have seen a feature that takes retrospectives into account. This often overlooked ceremony in Scrum is essential to improving team performance, and I have only seen it in only a couple of other project management applications. But not VivifyScrum. Features that are not included in your subscription level are still visible, making you believe they are active until you click on them and see a pop-up asking you to upgrade. Would be nice if they are disabled or have an indicator that they are not part of a trial version for new users.

Femke

VivifyScrum makes our days easier

It is perfect for the size of our team. We really rely on the software. When it's down, we don't know what to do. Everyday, we can say "check Vivify" so everyone knows what to do and if they have enough time for their tasks. Our company stepped up its level because of Vivify. We now can do more projects and earn more money. We don't lose time asking ourselves what to do.

Pros

Overall it's easy to use. I like how you can drag your tasks to done, and see the list grow. It's satisfying and great for our team. I love that you can add comments, links and documents to your tasks.

Cons

I can't save the changes I make in a board for the next one. So, every new board i open, i must re-design it as my team and i like to use it.

Reasons for choosing VivifyScrum

User friendly and really good help from the guys that work there. We even got a little notebook in december as a gift. I like how personal the contact is and how everyone wants to help you use vivify as the best way possible.

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

The price was a lot better, so we switched.

Morgan

Excellent project management and scrum software

Pros

We have been using Vivify for over a year now to manage internal projects. The features allow us to track all of our time worked, and also let us prioritize our work and see exactly what needs doing and when. It provides a clear view of the work.

Cons

We ran into one issue where we moved items across boards and they disappeared. However, we spoke to support and they resolved within a day.

Cost and ease of use.

Hend

Very productive software

Pros

Ease of use Complex features Good way to measure productivity Easy collaboration with other users Free to use most of the functionality

Cons

Some of the functions require payment Does not let you export dashboard as a report

Mostly free features

Nienke

Vivifyscrum user

Its great to bring a little more structure to our planning! Its super easy to add tasks, move them to different days of the week and its very malleable to your own liking. I truely recommend this to any other creative business.

Pros

We've got a very clear overview of all the tasks we've to finish. We work with several people and it's easy to see who's working on which project and what we have to do each day. It works perfectly and I'm glad to see a more structured environment at the office.

Cons

Sometimes there's some problems with the website, mostly at the start of our workday (when we need it the most) which is unfortunate. Often its just a short moment and doesn't last for hours, but its a little annoying on busy weeks.

Sam

Great work

We like it and keep using it

Pros

Easy of use, the web site is nice to look at

Cons

Not a good way to connect epic cards to there child cars

Cost

Reasons for switching to VivifyScrum

Trello did. It have enough features for our going team

Priya

Great product

Great Product, easy to use for Agile Project management

Pros

Easy to use, has many different features

Cons

Formatting needs to be improved to make it easy to use

Costly

Sophie

A user friendly way at keeping track of my work hours and tasks

As a consultant, VivifyScrum is essential for me to keep track of my work hours and tasks. Thanks to the different options like labels, parenting, category, etc. I can have a clear view of my work schedule in a single glance.

Pros

It's a clean and easy manageable UI. I can also easily archive and consult already finished tasks/items when needed + let the system automatically calculate the logged time for a certain period.

Cons

It would be handy to get a total hour count for a single task/item. Now, you only get the overall hours spent in a specified period, not per task/item. A more advanced time logging feature would be nice.

Maitreyi

Excellent agile tool in market..

Maintaining Product's backlog was an over head earlier, and managing the human resource velocity for each Project was real problem earlier, Now it seems so easy.

Pros

Vivifyscrum is an excellent user friendly and very intuitive agile project management tool. Featuers which I liked most in this software is the User Interface layout which is very easy for any new bie to get started in no time. My team uses drag and drop feature to move the items from BackLog to sprint Backlog and mark them "In Progress" to "Done" so quickly. Planning sprint looks so easy using this software. The over head of updating the worklog reporting time is almost zero because of user friendly interface which makes my team happily use this software, compared to other tools which were an over head. Graphical representation of team's utilisation provides a complete productivity in pictorial format which is great feature to look at the end of sprint.

Cons

I think, Project's role in vivifyscrum is not clearly utilised.

Sajjad

Agile Platform for Agile Projects

Pros

- Ease of use (Great user experience for both developers and project managers) - Nice shortcuts (While adding a task to the backlog, you can assign it, label it, assign the type using # shortcuts) - Dynamic settings (You can add different time estimation units per board) - Integrated time tracker - Nice burndown charts - Nice reports (Worklogs + Sprint report) - Great mobile application - Task Relationships - Easy filtering

Cons

- No firefox time tracker extension - NOTHING ELSE

Trello and Jira

Miguel

Complete Project Management Solution For Small Businesses

Vivify Scrum is truly useful for small businesses when taking advantage of the operational and financial aspects of the businesses. With invoicing integrated, its use in larger organizations might not be inline with the common separation of operations and finance that is typically found in the enterprise environment. But this is great for the smaller businesses. This integration is also effective in minimizing the number of applications in use. Simply track projects, time and invoice from one single solution.

Pros

Vivify Scrum offers Agile project management for small businesses at an affordable rate. It combines the project management functionality that fits any business, especially small businesses, with financial and reporting tools that are often a separate entity of software management tools. The integration offered by Vivify Scrum, with the affordability aspect, makes this a great solution for small businesses. Vivify Scrum provides flexibility in how you wish to run your Agile process: Scrum or Kanban. The product tracks time and progress, allowing businesses to invoice their clients effortlessly. And as part of the project tracking and invoicing, you have time management capabilities included. Vivify Scrum offers a 14 day free trial. YOu can use its project management features for free, or upgrade to the use the time management, time tacking and invoice features.

Cons

There really are no cons that I can see regarding Vivify Scrum. The offering is quite generous and even the pay plan is truly affordable for any business size.

Neal

Great progression board for any project

Pros

I used this mainly for my software development projects. Really easy to use and very innovative. There is this cool graph where it shows how your work is going and how it is supposed to go. It is a time track tool to make sure you are completing tasks and finishing them on time. The graph tool is my favorite tool.

Cons

It took some time learning how to use and become a scrum master. I had to read a lot prior to using this software to really familiarize myself with the whole concept. But once you have it down it is a beautiful tool to have.

Response from VivifyScrum

Thank you, Neal! We're glad to hear you like VivifyScrum.

Replied October 2018

HUGO

Industry: Maritime

COVID-19 - Moving from PHYSICAL to DIGITAL KANBAN BOARDS

When we moved to remote work because of covid-19 crisis, VIVIFY SCRUM did the job when moving from our physical daily kanban boards to digital for my Information Proccess Team. The ease of use and ubiquity helped our team member to quickly adapt to remote work. We now expect to maintain the use of this tool in the future when we´re able to came back to normal operation mode in our offices.

Pros

The features that made us choose VIVIFY SCRUM were essentially the ease of use, the ability to use it online or as an windows application, and the functions provided that enable us to quickly find what to do, what is due to be done, time tracker and specially the ease to point and follow when running our daily meeting.

Cons

We dind't have time yet to explore all the features of VIVIFY SCRUM. But it would be nice to also be able to have gantt planning for different types of projects.

EASE OF USE, FUNCTIONALITIES PROVIDED

Bianka

Great collaboration tool

Vivify Scrum wasn't my first choice, but my colleague strongly suggested to use it. When I adopted i started to really like it and use it in my other projects. It is intuitive, visual, and easy to use. It gives you all the information about the project, team, tasks... Time tracker is also a great addition. And since we charge hourly, it is pretty cool that you can create an invoice based on your time recorded from time tracker. The premium plan is very affordable considering all the features.

Pros

It is well organized, and gives you a nice and clear view on your tasks and your team members activity. There are some cool features.

Cons

I thought that it is free (and there is a free version) but some features I really liked during the trial are only available in the premium version.

VivifyScrum