• Pros

• "I like that it provides for an easy and convenient way for our employees to communicate with each other. It's also easy to monitor."

• "It was nice to be able to build a relationship with other employees who I would not normally see. It creates a repore."

• "Easy to use. Easy to create new groups, invite people and upload content."

• Cons

• "I wish it has more customization and able to take in 3rd party graphics and layout. It is not a big deal, but I do want to keep the content new and different every message out there."

• "it should be more intuitive, have more options of like, interface should get a bit better, only had comments about the interface, but everything else think it´s great."

• "Better searching functionality can help find content faster. The user interface could be a little more interesting. Phone support has been a little difficult in case of questions."

Browse Yammer Reviews

Arpan from Allscripts

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Pros

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts. - Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Cons

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Tawanda from World Vision Zimbabwe

Team collaboration enabler offering endless possibilities

It was so confusing at first and I was nearly tempted to quit and unsubscribe, However, overtime I got the hang of it and my team appreciate it

Pros

I like that it is simplified and its quiet easy to use even for the newbies. The tiling of feeds according to subject and relevance makes it easier to get the best out of. Ideas flow unabated and team members can quickly share productive information.

Cons

I would like to see Yammer filtering the messages and feeds posted so that only relevant information is retained for future reference

Reasons for Choosing Yammer

Yammer seamed more simplified and much more affordable compared to the alternatives presented

Courtney from Cinemark

Great for Communication

I have thoroughy enjoyed Yammer. When the corporate office didn't send me promotional materials that I needed for a new food item being brought out, I looked to Yammer for other managers going through the same problem. Thankfully, a fellow manager actually created their own promotional sign for this item and shared it through Yammer.

Pros

The best part of this software is the communication aspect. At my job, we use Yammer to communicate new ideas, concerns or questions about our everyday work life with fellow managers throughout the company. It's a great way to share ideas with people who we would have no idea exist without this software.

Cons

I honestly have not found any negatives to this software that I would want to change. Everything is very easy to use and it's nothing but a great product for your company.

Raghavendar from Infosys Technologies Limited

Unique Social network for corporates

We have used this for solution seeking where we put our request or query and we get response with what people know about it or sometime we get perfect solution too. Apart from work related, we also share the cool pics related to the happening or team events or festivals celebration. Also, polls are conducted to seek the feedback from colleagues about new change in the company or changes that is needed.

Pros

We have Office365 at our company, next to Skype the other app that is extensively used is Yammer for collaboration. We can switch this seamlessly across our Laptop & phone apps. Yammer is social network within the company. Everyone is member as soon as they join and we have different groups where we are free to join. But default, based on our department we are tagged to parent groups and we can view the updates and share our feedback just like Facebook. We can create new groups based on the need and invite people or tag them to get their attention. The biggest advantage of this app is your voice is reached to thousands in minutes and you may get feedback from top skipping the hierarchies. So easy to connect and easy to use and make an effective use for networking across the colleagues

Cons

User Interface is not rich and looks and feels needs improvement. Not sure but it hangs for me quite number of times. Also, little difficult to search for a post or feed. It becomes more confusing once more and more groups are created.

Kacie from Arcadia

Facebook for your Coworkers

I used this at my prior company, and HR in particular found it to be rewarding. From celebrating milestone employee birthdays and announcing new hires to promoting newsletter content and collecting charitable donations across the enterprise, Yammer is great for casual announcements. Serious announcements, urgent communications and PR are still best distributed via email. But Yammer is scalable to your company. It can be as streamlined or intricate as you choose.

Pros

Yammer is modelled after social networking platforms, both from function and UI standpoints. So if you can use Facebook, you'll instantly feel comfortable on Yammer. Think of it as a social intranet - post companywide updates and photos, hold contests, have team-specific chats or channels to cut down on inbox clutter, and promote a culture that's both full and well-informed at your office. Yammer allows polls, and you can set up email notifications to make sure you don't miss anything that might be of interest to you.

Cons

Yammer's social function is still a bit lacking, and it doesn't integrate as seamlessly with Office 365 as I'd like. Be sure that your company is thoughtful about what should be communicated on Yammer, and what should still be sent via email. Adoption by other employees was a challenge for us, as it can feel like just anotjher platform to have to check on a daily basis. I did receive feedback from several colleagues along the lines of "I already check my email. It's easier to have all communications go though Outlook. Why would I want to add another platform to my list of things to check?"

Yammer social network

I use Yammer every day for collaboration with my colleagues.

Pros

1. It works pretty fast. Usually Microsoft products are slow but not Yammer. 2. It includes many features you can find in other social networks. 3. It works with different operation systems (I use it with Windows only).

Cons

1. Wiki pages stopped working a few times. I don't know why. 2. UI is pretty old. I think it should be updated.

Mike from Cornerstone University

Yammer Makes Work More Fun

We are able to hear our employees and make work better for them! We want people to share their information and knowledge with each other!

Pros

We are able to connect with all of our teams and employees. We have a need to be social with our tasks and this software is making work more fun and engaging!

Cons

There needs to be an easier feature to edit what content we put out there for social interaction. That would be helpful.

Umesh from Accenture

Nice tool to connect with Group

Overall I liked this tool as it send me alert everyday if any new feed or comment come

Pros

This is an excellent tool to create and connect group and follow the conversation and People will get alert if any feed comes.

Cons

We can not integrate this tool with other Tools like Teams and and Other group apps so cometimes its hard to connect with other tools

Heather from Brown & Brown of WA dba Edgren Hecker & Lemmon Insurance

Handy

It is good software other than the document sharing piece that I don't care for. If you are going to get it ask yourself what other methods do I use to communicate to my people? Then consolidate them down to one or two methods. Otherwise, you are wasting money and stressing your team.

Pros

Yammer is a nice way to push information out to our teams and to chat amongst groups of users. We have different groups that you can subscribe to and ask questions or push information out to only that specific group of people. It can help calm some of the chaos. Think of it like a LinkedIn feed for your business. If your a more casual op it could be more like Facebook for business.

Cons

Yet another thing to keep track of. Document sharing is quirky. You really have to make people get in and use it or it is just another constant stream of info and data that people need to check and don't.

Jay from LDS Church

Decent but not great

Pros

Yammer is essentially and poor-mans Facebook for your organization. It allows you to pretty easily have private (or company/group wide) conversations with individuals/groups across your organization. It is nice that you can have daily/weekly digest sent straight to your inbox to see what conversation you've missed in groups you belong to without having to log in all the time.

Cons

Our organization has tried (and failed) multiple times to get momentum on Yammer. There will be big pushes to put content out there, but that quickly tapers off and usage dramatically decreases. There are simply a lot of tools out there that accomplish the same thing as Yammer, but much more effectively. Some of this comes down to lack of functionality, ease of use, etc.

A Great Means to an End

Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Pros

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for. I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

Cons

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

deba from Petronomics Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Pros

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want. Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it. Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app. Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Cons

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform. It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it. The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies. yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Katherine from Electric Insurance Company

Yammer Review

Really enjoy using this tool!

Pros

My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge. The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has a feed that you can scroll through daily to get updates. You can also create different pages and make them public or private depending on your need, which I find really useful. My team has created their own page and made it private. We use it to recognize people within the department on achievements, our manager sends out monthly stats and we also use it communicate information to each other. I really like the GIF feature, it definitely brings the humor to some situations!

Cons

It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

Joshua from Quad

Industry: Printing

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Pros

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Cons

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Darrus from Summit Health Management

Specialty specific physician message board

Pros

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Cons

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Steve from Paper & Forest Products

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Pros

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Cons

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Oluwakorede from Kryptocheddar Ltd

Multi Collaboration tool for Business and Social Purposes!

When it comes to corporate collaboration and communication, yammer has proved to be an effective tool. In terms of having useful talks, chats and meetings with my team members, yammer has been of great help, in terms of cost, i didn't have to pay any substantial amount to get it installed/setup, customer support is also great.

Pros

Yammer is an appropriate tool for collaboration between staff/colleagues in an Organization, it has great customization features which can be tailored to suit the needs of any Organization, and it also supports integration with a wide range of products.

Cons

There is the need for addition of features found on other social platforms to Yammer, this will give yanner a chance to ace out its competitors, I also think it works more like a coporate tool than a social tool. Yammer is also strict with its policy against ads from 3rd parties.

Alexander from Oxy

Industry: Oil & Energy

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

Pros

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

Cons

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Deepak from FIS

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Pros

1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365). 2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos. 3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company. 4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization. 5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Cons

There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points 1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying 2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic. i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

Fernando from Pelissari Gestão e Tecnologia

Its a good content sharing tool

I'm not using Yammer for a long period now, but when I did, I liked it. It has a great potential to be a content manager and a great company social media tool (communication channel).

Pros

Yammer is a complementary tool for sharing information, tutorials and documents inside an intranet. It can complement SharePoint's content management experience for a company. You can create a profile there and interact to other employees in a "social media" like tool. It has many features to create a blog, a tutorial, a wiki and many other things that can help your company to not lose knowledge as the teams keeps changing. New employees can find information and get a smaller learning curve by reading articles that more experienced people may have written on daily tasks or difficult problems that may arise.

Cons

I guess its adhesion was too low. In my company many people just don't like to use it because they don't know what is it exactly. It's such a great tool but looks like it was left aside. Maybe Microsoft could do a little marketing to help it grow and be more known by people all around the world. Maybe Microsoft Teams is more important to they...

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Pros

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Cons

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all. If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Pros

I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Cons

With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

Helen from TAII

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

Lisa from Penn State University

Company Wide Message Board

Overall, this has been a really great tool for connecting members of our teams that we may never come into contact with, otherwise. I have been able to keep up to date on things that I would not have known was even happening without Yammer.

Pros

I really like that as part of Office 365, I am able to access Yammer from any device. Because we use Yammer as an overall message board, having the ability to create multiple groups has been great. We currently use it to keep track of what is going on around campus, as a way to send updates on programs that are used, and even as a buy/sell/trade group. We can include text and pictures in our posts to help with descriptions.

Cons

The one complaint that I have is that comments often get separated from posts and seem to just be randomly floating around in Yammerland.

Pretty good collaboration tool

Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Pros

My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Cons

If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system. Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system. I have no complaints about the software itself.

A professional social network in a corporate setting

Pros

It is easier to use and it limits the people within our network. Yammer works like a filter where we can focus on what is happening within the company. It is also a good database and tool to learn from other business units within a large corporation with various cultures, locations and departments.

Cons

There is limited (or I would say, almost no) information about the person. For example, if I want to know more about a person, for example their education, professional history, skills and credentials, most of the times I cannot find this information on that colleague's personal page.

Angel from CBN

An outstanding software

It has been a delight whenever we use this feature. It encourages my fellow workers. We have team meetings and it helps us build morale. I like using the Gif feature for a little humor. An excellent tool to build up our communication base.

Pros

I have been exposed to Yammer through CBN. Outstanding software for us. The videos are clear. The pictures are clear and it allows us to communicate as a team. It's almost hard not to be addicted to this feature. I would give it 5 stars and would recommend it to my peers.

Cons

Totally satisfied. I have been using this feature and have found no complaints, whatsoever.

Best Platform for building relations and social networking among on organization.

Yammer is Organization version Facebook. Every organization should have something like this.

Pros

Usage of Yammer is very easy, we can quickly share news/status with other colleagues. This also helps to announces news to all employees, Sometime our organization share news via Yammer. It is very good platform for new comers to know about other colleagues.

Cons

One thing if you don't redirect emails to a folder your inbox will be filled with yammer mails. Initially I had this problem but Now I created rule so they will not come to my inbox. Of-course this is not a negative-side of it.

Janelle from PeopleScout

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

I am a Yammer junkie!

Yammer allows me to communicate with every single layer of our company - from recruiters to the CEO, president, etc. It has allowed me to network with other people whom I may not have connected with otherwise.

Pros

Yammer is VERY easy to learn, very easy to use, organized and provides TONS of features!! I can message others, post in groups and even create my own groups. I didn't have to read any instructions in order to do any of this either! Very user friendly.

Cons

I honestly have not found anything I didn't like about Yammer. I wish we used this in every role I was in!

May 2016

Eric from AppDirect

May 2016

A private facebook for your company

Pros

Yammer is feature rich, with all the features you'd come to expect from Facebook included: Create a profile, add a picture, connect with colleagues, news feed, profile walls, add photos, tag photos, alert users with notifications, etc. If you're looking for a social network for your company this one does a decent, though generic, job. Also they have a freemium edition which has most of the functionality you'd need.

Cons

The main challenge with Yammer is getting people to use it. All the benefits of social networking in the company (knowledge transfer, communication, community building) can be real and valuable, but I've seen many attempts to create an active online community fail at my company. I think only with strong executive buy in will Yammer actually be valuable for a company, and all the great features Yammer adds can't fix this. We didn't have that executive buy-in and Yammer, Chatter, Flowdock, all failed to gain traction

Wilfrido from Accounting

Give support in improving our teamwork.

When we started looking for an internal communication platform and we found Yammer, we found the best option to integrate our community and share the information with all our offices in the many cities we find.

Pros

The simplicity of its use when implementing the initial configurations was really simple. Its use in everyday life as well as the possibility of following up on threads and conversations from the mobile make it really surprising.

Cons

The mobile application specifically for iphone still has options to improve, as well as features to create surveys.

David from visionSynergy

Yammer - a great tool for dispersed teams

Pros

Yammer is fully equipped to serve as my network's central point of contact and communication. We have an international (dispersed) set of folks in my network, and we chose Yammer to be our communication hub. We have set up one work space for each work group - and another for our coordinating team. Not only do we use the group spaces, but the messaging between Yammer group members is extremely efficient and secure. We can write to individuals or create groups for ongoing within-Yammer communication. So even though we have to maintain security of information due to the part of the world we use this in, we have confidence in the security aspects. I also use the iOS Yammer app to access my account and messages.

Cons

I suppose it's meant to be a feature, but in a private message, if I type the name of someone who is also in our Yammer group into the body of a private message, Yammer automatically hyperlinks that person's name in the message as well as adds their name to the send-to list. While this is efficient, and while I can "undo" the link, it could I suppose cause some awkward situations if the sender never intended for that person to receive the message.

Christopher from Iflexion

Supper product for immediate collaboration

I would like to say Yammer is serving a wide range of people in all means by providing fantastic ways of collaboration. I would say if one wants to run business effectively, there should be need of Yammer.

Pros

If I talk about positive aspects of yammer, I would say this is the most advanced product that facilitates people while communications as well as easy ways of sharing information with one another. In order to accomplish tasks immediately, It divides work tasks and there are several networks that deal different departments. One can have access on yammer simply by making profile, afterwards you can have immediate interaction with other coworkers. It is super easy to use without taking specific classes. Yammer app is highly recommended to keep the people up-to-date.

Cons

It is working nice. I hardly have to see issues with it. One of the cons is that sometimes I have to face hurdles during uploading or downloading items. But I do not think that it is a big deal. I hope its efficient company will overcome this issue and I will be seeing better results as well.

Good Enough

Yammer is a social network service used to build communication between members of an organization

Pros

Yammer creates a platform where members of an organization can connect and interrelate. It also helps to build teams and ensures that only members of the organisation have access to its own social media experience. Users can create polls and get opinions from members of an organization

Cons

More features form social media giants like twitter or facebook could be incorporated to make yammer more fun

Toni from Unum

Yammer is a great way for teams across our organization to collaborate!

Pros

Yammer is very user friendly! You can use it with little to no training at all. We use Yammer to share ideas, updates, and get answers to questions enterprise wide. We use it to collaborate on active projects in different departments. Sharing a post is super simple and we love the social aspect of it similar to Facebook. You can like and respond to anyone's post. Being able to create groups is great so we can segregate information that is only relevant to those groups. We love the ability to file share as well, this helps us stay productive and on task with work.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about Yammer. We use is consistently throughout the organizations. I think the only thing that comes to mind is the search feature could be enhanced.

A top choice for an enterprise social network

It was promoted heavily by internal communications as an engagement platform for all the people in the firm and we were pleased at the results. I helped handle the day to day monitoring of the site

Pros

It has social networking features that combine the good parts of Facebook and Twitter. It helps employees connect with each other in simple manners

Cons

Some features take a very long time (+1 year) to roll out and it doesn't have great user account management options other than deleting or deactivating

Yammer

Yammer is a great bit of software which allows you to connect with your colleagues across departments and geographical locations.

Pros

It is a really fun tool and makes me feel so much more connected with my colleagues. I like how you get create your own groups for different purposes. Whether it be a social group or for work related business, Yammer can cater to all needs, depending on the culture of your organisation.

Cons

It does not feature different types of 'like' how facebook does. It would be great if you could schedule posts too and if the analytics went into more depth. Also, to be able to turn off the gifs would be nice.

Angela from Eurosonic Group

Social software for workplace!

Overall, our experience is wonderful with Yammer.

Pros

Yammer is being used in all our offices as social software. Our department uses it to communicate daily updates on inventory and supply. Yammer has made our teams more efficient because we all are connected all the time. What i like the most about Yammer is its User interface, it is easy to navigate and we did not need any training to operate it. The best feature is that it can be integrated with Office 365 as well.

Cons

We haven't encountered any major issues so far, even if we encounter a problem customer support is always there to help us.

Tim from Nationwide Insurance

Yammer - Staying Connected/Informed

Overall, I have been very impressed with Yammer. It has taken a common social media type atmosphere and transitioned it to be a crucial business tool. It increases engagement with associates and efficiency in communicating issues to all levels of leadership.

Pros

Yammer is such an easy way to stay connected, informed, and communicate with people across the country. The biggest pro is the easy of use to post questions/concerns and then a huge audience can comment.

Cons

This is not really a con of Yammer, but I would like to see a more focused usage of the message boards. I would like increased administrator usage to ensure communications stay focused.

Professional Social Media

Overall, my experiences with Yammer are positive and I think it's a great program.

Pros

I have been using Yammer for almost 4 years. I love how connected you can feel to co-workers and the system you work. It's nice to see what everyone is up to that is related to work. It's been essential in staying informed and connected during COVID 19.

Cons

I think the cons of Yammer is individuals treating it like Facebook when it's a professional social media.

Shahid from Optymyze

A much needed social tool at work place.

Awesome! Platform such Yammer should be implemented at every company, its just a best platform for all sort of communication, announcements.

Pros

At my company, we are extensively using Yammer for all sort of communications. We usually use for announcements , news, ideas, and indeed it is mostly used for appreciation, recognition to employees. Different depts uses for sharing updates or initiatives that they are working on.

Cons

No issues with the platform, but at time I get little bothered with too many notifications from not so required group. The platform should leverage an option for mute

Plaform for colleagues

As I mentioned before, overall I like the idea, I would go for more advance visuals and functionality,

Pros

As an HR I used the plalform for congradulating my colleagues on birthdays and anniversaries. I liked the idea of the platform to have it as social network inside the company, you can meet different people inside the company and discuss different topics.

Cons

The pro's - time to time it was difficult to find topics you are looking for, it provided old information or Spam came to your e-mail that this group has a new topic although I haven't subscribed for the group.

Lindsey from Catholic Relief Services

Great for communication around the world

We have 7000+ staff in 100+ countries and Yammer allows us to stay connected with everyone!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, post, and create new groups. Adding documents or photos to a post is an easy drag and drop feature. Saving photos or documents works the same too! It also integrates with our Recognize App tool!

Cons

There is a lack of consistency when tagging people. Names display first/last and last/first which can be annoying. I wish I could pin documents to my group without having posted them first. I wish there were more compatible tools and add-ins.

Abayomi from NetSpot Media

Yammer Review

Pros

I have used Yammer Web and Mobile App and I can tell that it is good for business and students. I remember creating a group for student opportunity abroad and It really gained a lot of attention 2 years ago. Professional platform and lovely interface.

Cons

I was removed from the platform because I advertised cryptocurrency. I don't know why my account should be restricted and ban

Ashley from Kainos

A great internal application for company updates and communications

A really smooth and quick transition into yammer to update my company. This has defeated emails hands down and my colleagues can even comment under my company posts.

Pros

I live that Yammer provides me with a single place where the company can be updated due to multiple users being in the channels. It has a clean interface and really lets me see the important updates which can be lost in other chat applications.

Cons

This is a great piece of kit for your company without any downfall. If you want to provide updates to your personnel then this is the application for you.

Arun from Atkins

Yammer, best social media Platform for Business!

The factor that puts Yammer over other public social media platforms is the safety of contents. Any privileged data won't be leaked to anyone outside the business.

Pros

It allows creating groups, share content and news across the business in an extremely safe environment since competitors won't be having access to your content.

Cons

Interface needs slight improvement compared tom other public social media platforms.

Social Media for your enterprise

Brings together a disperse remote team in a fun way!

Pros

- Brings together the company in a familiar way everyone is already use to with a social media wall. - Gamifify your team and wider company to get engaged with certain activities or goals - Share pictures and videos of company events

Cons

- Lacks in some features such as emojis and memes (which is a big draw card for using MS teams)

claude from Harmonie Mutuelle

a good alternative for social network in business

We choose it because Yammer is integrated with Office365 and it is obvious for us to use it with the microsoft's ecosystem implemented for our mates located anywhere. And its use is convenient for everyone.

Pros

It is easy to use, everyone can use it very easily, create groups, create subjets, polls, announces, comment a post, integrate gif and pictures... Ideas, opinions, etc are shared dinamically with everyone.

Cons

Some features will be interesting such as streaming. Too many modern features are missing unfortunately . User interface is awful and need to be improved.

Kevin from Eaton Corporation

Great way to spread communication to large audience

It's great in general, I just do hope that other popular social media platform can be scalable to the enterprise, but I do realize that may add to liability and complications on the content.

Pros

Great, great, great aesthetics. One may always seems like it is a scam to get these messages, but with their appearance, I usually able to draw attention for a quick review of the content. You can customize the content and the layout fairly simple so that is a definite plus! Of course like any social media platform, it is easy to setup and have everyone participate.

The Social Platform For Your Enterprise

We use it in our company and it has been a really good experience, having this called Yammer is the "Facebook of our company", i can share my achievements i can check other people posts and sometimes there are interesting stuff regarding training and etc. I totally Recommend It

Pros

I like the concept, it makes sense to have a social platform for enterprises/companies let's say like an Enterprise Facebook or something, nowadays it makes perfect sense. It allows users/coworkers to interact, to share their achievements and to socialize within the company/enterprise.

Cons

I guess there is not much to say about the cons, but one thing to improve would be the UX (User Experience) design, retouch the design and make it more intuitive.