All Zoho Books Reviews

Banking, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Zoho Books is awesome for the solopreneur

Rexie

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Brilliant Accounting and Book Keeping software!

Great! Not been using it long but it is a vast improvement on functionality and reporting compared to old software.

PROS

Love the customer portal! Our clients can use self service to manage their account with us and get all their invoice and payment records as well as access to documents like our T&Cs. The invoice generating is very quick and easy with lots of customisation and extra data collecting boxes. The app is reliable and easy to use with lots of functionality too. Retainer invoice function is great for us as we offer clients a promotion to top up their account in advance to receive discounts on future invoices so this works perfectly!

CONS

There is no auto connection to my particular bank yet so can't connect it all automatically as I did with my previous software however it allows for bulk uploads so you can still reconcile everything.

It was included in Zoho One plan

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Lack of additional functions and reports weren't as relevant to our needs. Zoho Books came free with Zoho One plan and we were paying for Quickbooks so made sense to cut this cost.

Krishna

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

It's an excellent internet service for small businesses

In general, Zoho Books is the finest accounting software for start-ups and small businesses. The following functionalities are included in this simple to use application: Assign Shortcuts, Create Quick Reports a UX that is easy to use, Software as a service (SaaS): It's simple to use and integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite. Updates that arrive quickly and on a frequent basis.

PROS

As a whole, Zoho Books is an excellent tool for new businesses and organizations. It's an excellent choice. Having everything in one location is a great feature of this book. The reports are highly user-friendly, and the balance is simple to handle. Books has a wide range of features and is well-integrated with the company's other products.

CONS

When a financial institution makes an update, Zoho Books takes a long time to make the change, making it difficult to keep track of all expenditures. Statement import instructions are out-of-date. Customer service is terrible; no one ever tells you when an issue will be fixed.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Zoho's cloud-based architecture allows us to access the service from almost anywhere, and the app's approval capabilities allow us to approve tasks right from our smartphones.

Alicia

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Blocks you when you need it.

Currently, Zoho Books is not capable of handling volume entries. You will be blocked if you go too fast, as I do. Then you have to wait hours before you can get back in. I created several users to be able to do my work. Also, the batch import feature does not work, since it does not pick up the product code on multi-line invoices. Our pricing went up last year, but Zoho's recurring invoices didn't pick up the new pricing, and the customers were invoiced at the old price, which caused massive service problems. Because of this, we are moving to another software, and I cancelled the auto-renewal with Zoho. Our access was immediately blocked (despite paying for the remainder of the year in advance), and now nobody has access to our own accounting. Currently, there is no one available in support to assist us, so we are waiting for a callback. It's beyond frustrating. The system is terrible, and the support is even worse. I do not recommend Zoho to any company.

PROS

It looks modern and intuitive. It has a sales portal that customers can access online and view their invoices and payments. That is the feature that sold the program to us.

CONS

The debit and credit side is the wrong way round as it follows the Indian system. For example, in the UK a sales balance of -£100 means that the customer owes £100 pounds and has to pay. In Zoho however, it means that the customer is in credit by £100 and would potentially need a refund. Blocks you if you type and click your mouse fast. There are problems with batch invoicing, and it takes a lot of time to review invoices one by one. The system does not extract more than 100 statements at a time. You really should find another system if your sales ledger is large.

Joel

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

An outstanding accounting software

Zoho Books has made accounting reliable and efficient.

PROS

I like the way the software allows us to reconcile various transaction hence eliminating errors in reporting. Its ability to integrate it with inventory management makes it even better.

CONS

Their customer support is a bit slow in response but generally, I cant complain because they always offer help.

Darren

Import and Export, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Powerful and Invaluable tool at an incredible price

We love Zoho ability to access from anywhere and allows a business owner to monitor things even when they are not on site. The ease of use and consistency makes it very easy for training purposes and day to day use.

PROS

We love the way you can add further modules and expand into other areas like inventory with ease. The support is fast and efficient with a positive outcome every time. The consistency through every module bill s, invoicing, purchasing makes it a breeze to operate.

CONS

The only one annoyance is the search from some screens you need to know the exact customer name or item name to search. Where as some screens use a keyword search which is easy and fast to locate the information.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

With the ability to integrate other modules was vital to us. The product had more vital features like re occurring invoices and billing. Stock control was important and a lot of other products don't have this ability alongside things like project managment.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Lack on consistency with previous product and even doing the slightest thing seemed over complicated.

Raksha

Marketing and Advertising, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Comprehensive Review of Zoho Books: The All-in-One Accounting Solution

Overall, the experience with Zoho Books is generally positive. The software is well-designed, user-friendly, and provides a range of features to support accounting and financial management. The integrations with other Zoho apps and tools are a big plus for businesses that already use Zoho products. The mobile app is also a useful feature for businesses that need to access financial information on the go.

PROS

I liked the following features of Zoho BooksUser-friendly interface with quick access to important featuresIntegrations with Zoho apps and third-party toolsAutomated invoicing and payment trackingMulti-currency supportBudgeting and financial reportingMobile app availableAffordable pricing, including a free planStrong customer support.

CONS

Along with Pros, these are the limitations I faced:Limited inventory management featuresLack of advanced project management featuresBasic time tracking functionalitySome features can be confusing for new usersLimited integrations compared to other accounting softwareLimited customization options for invoices and other forms.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Its worth considering that we chose Zoho Books over alternative products due to its user-friendly interface, integrations with other Zoho apps, affordable pricing, and strong customer support. Additionally, the software's focus on automating invoicing and payment tracking is a major selling point for businesses looking to streamline these processes.

Tracey

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Intuitive and comprehensive accounting software, ideal for small businesses

Excellent software - use it daily to keep my records up to date, invoice customers and process payments. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

PROS

Easy to use, mobile app is also excellent for updating on the move. Clear reporting, easy to take a snapshot of business performance. Tailorable so invoices are fully branded and customer e-mails can be tailored. Love the payment receipt feature so clients are updated once payment processed.

CONS

Can be a little tricky to set the profit & loss to cover the right months, need to play around with the dates.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Zoho is much easier to use, more intuitive, less clunky and better value

Deepak

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

PROS

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great GST filing options are great Dashboard is very well designed Android application is very useful

CONS

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Online Cloud base GST enabled software, and ready for integrations

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great Tool For Suite Users

We are running all of our books for our small business with Zoho Books. It is simple to sync bank accounts and credit card accounts, and quickly categorize expenses, and run reports. Pleased with results.

PROS

Very simple to categorize funds, connectivity with other tools in Zoho Suite.

CONS

Anytime a new vender is updated to an expense item, the screen needs to be reloaded and refreshed before that same vender can be selected for another item.

Pricepoint and accessibility

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Better accessability, and price point for us.

William

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Support

NO Support

PROS

It is easy to setup and start using it. I loved it a lot but their support SUCKS

CONS

Their support sucks you go back in forth with someone that doesn't know about accounting.. So I am just going to find something else can consider all the work I have done in my account as a loss....

I am going back to QuickBooks what support they have is better than Zoho Books

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

It seemed easier for what I needed

Nikki

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave. At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses. I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

PROS

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

CONS

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

Bob

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

PROS

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

CONS

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Functionality and cost. I used Quickbooks-Desktop for years, but the online software that's been developed more recently has too many advantages to keep using it. I also used Xero for a few years, and liked a lot of features - but it seemed geared for a different kind of business and lacked a few things I needed. Then I tried Quickbooks Online - it was barely within my budget, but I liked the features - but then they increased the price (significantly) after only one year of using it. But Zoho has really fit the bill - all the functionality I need, and at a price that's just a fraction of QBO's.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Intuit just keeps increasing the price on pretty much everything, justifying it by claiming to add features - though the added features never had any use to me. Plus, I needed to lease a number of add-ons to be able to have QBO work the way I'd expect it to.

Reviewed March 2022

Zoho Books

My overall experience with Zoho has been pleasant. I can easily create invoice even on the go with my phone. I can quickly generate reports to check performance of the company and individual employees and I can track business expenses. The best part is also that I can easily link the app to my bank to reconcile what is in the bank with what is on Zoho book.

PROS

The layout of the website is user-friendly. The cellphone app makes it easy for you to instantly upload receipts and invoices for any purchases made. I'm in Engineering and we are three different teams. Zoho allows us to assign expenses to each employee and to a particular project should we choose to. This means that you can easily track the expenses of each team and be quick to spot any problems with over expenses. You also get reports on different modules like sales, you can be able to track sales by sales person and assess performance of each employee. There is also an option for customers to pay online which makes it really easy to make payments. In addition from the different modules you can customize fields to suit your needs at any point in time. Lastly they have added an awesome feature now where you can create a topic and comment on invoices and estimates and have an ongoing chat with other users that on the account regarding the invoice under which the chat is created and with only those invited users.

CONS

When I migrated from the software I used before Zoho to Zoho I had to upload the invoices from the previous software and the challenge was that Zoho did not allow me to specify and describe the invoiced item. All invoices that were uploaded ended up with the same description which wasn't pleasant. When you assign expenses to employees, Zoho will not allow you to use the same email address for different "employees". This is unpleasant because as an admin person for my company, there are general expenses that I cannot assign to a specific person that need to be assigned under general expenses using my email address. There are also expenses that I incur on my own as an employee of the company that need to be assigned to me alone still using my email address and Zoho won't allow me to use the same email address for these two separate scenarios. Also when you create an estimate and on that estimate you don't add tax, when you convert the estimate to be an invoice Zoho does not allow you to add tax if you want to.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

The ease of layout and migration from the software I was already using. Also the fact that I trusted the Wave accounting and them recommending Zoho to me just gave Zoho an ultimate advantage over other products.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Wave suggested the switch since they were partners with Zoho. Wave stopped operating in my region.

Babu

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything else.

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

PROS

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

CONS

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Features & pricing were the two elements that made me choose ZohoBooks.

Jabir

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Good Online Accounting Software

Simple software, can do the accounting with less accounting knowledge, its able access from any were in online.

PROS

ZOHO has many other apps implementation and its able to customize according to our requirement.

CONS

Reporting format of Balance sheet and Profit loss in excel need to improve.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Can Access from anywhere, for our client can access from the abroad

Juliana

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

PROS

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments that clients need to make and it provides a place where I can keep track of these invoices every month and know how much people owe our business; thanks to this feature, it also allows me to process payments differently, because I can have all the data in this single place and it makes it easier to integrate with many payment options so everything is done quicker, providing a nice experience for both ourselves as a business and for our clients. I like that Zoho Books is very user-friendly and it was not difficult to import all the data in order to start using it.

CONS

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Sayed