Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "I've used lots of Quicken products in the past, great for itemizing rental property, especially for taxes, costs, etc....."

• "Fast to learn, easy to use tools, provides most everything needed for property management, no issues."

• "I have used the old version of the software and liked it. It's user friendly and easy to navigate."

• "I like that I can keep information on the renters on each property & expenses."

• Cons

• "It doesn't do a complete rental manager's job. i still need other software. "

• "Sometimes my passwords do not work on password manager. i have to contact support to help me fix it. "

• "Could offer a wider variety of features and options to meet all of the needs of day to day operations."

• "The cost is a bit high, but that seems to be a common occurrence with widely-used software applications."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 81 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Jason from Austin Pool and Spa

Mostly good/ some annoyances

Pros

Links your bank account.
Does recurring invoices
Can file your taxes
Payroll
Can set up automatic payment for customers.

Cons

Can link two recurring invoices for a customer. Ex. The regular monthly invoice then when the semi annual invoice needs to be billed it doesn’t link so I have to print two invoices. Also, when I print all the invoices it doesn’t print each person’s invoice right after the other. So I end up searching for that second invoice. It’s a mess. It sounds so confusing to read what I wrote. But basically sometimes I end up sending two separate envelopes on the same month for one customer because when it needs to be printed it doesn’t organize then invoices per customer.

Kathy from Academy of LDS Dentists

Quicken for the Long Haul

We've thought about switching to another home finance software, but Quicken has served us well, and we are in for the long haul with it! If you need a good, simple home finance system, Quicken is it!

Pros

We have used Quicken for our home finances for over 25 years. It has a small learning curve as does most software, but is fairly simple. I like how easy it is to run reports. We also categorize all our expenses, and it is good for that too. Many years ago we used Bill Pay with Quicken to have our payments automatically sent each month. That was very helpful also.

Cons

I really can't think of anything that I don't like about it. Sometimes we have been forced to pay more money and buy a newer version.

Jena from Euro Prof llc

Overall good, but has room for improvements

Check if the software works with your financial institutions prior to purchase.

Pros

It's a very lean and simple tool to use for most business structures capable of handling transactions of all types and frequency.

Cons

When I purchased this software a year ago, I was excited to use it because of its promise that the software works with most financial institutions. The hint here is "most". Unfortunately, the software doesn't support Capital one products and I am unable to load my transactions, I have to key them in manually. I am surprised that it doesn't support Capital One as it's a global financial institution.

The biggest challenge that this software isn't based on subscription, and incurs frequent updates, some of them caused glitches and I had to spend hours on the phone with a service team.

Ed from Gateway Tax Advisors, LLC

Best product to track finances, investments and business income/expenses, but..

Pros

Quicken Rental Property Manager is, in my opinion, the best product to track finances, investments and business income/expenses all in one spot and on your desktop versus having that information only on the internet.

Cons

Not the best solution or the easiest to use solution for tracking rental properties. Additionally, the new releases of the product often contain very little in improvements over the prior year. However, what I like least is that the software is often released when it still appears to be in beta testing. A lot of software bugs and often unusable until the software patches are released over a period of months.

Mariana from electric power industry

All about your finances and assets

Quicken is a very nice domestic software to control your personnel finances. The app version was recently updated and it is easier to navigate now.

Pros

You can access your database through several devices.
You can create different types of accounts, such as checkings, savings, assets.
You can create different budgets.
Added your invoices and receivings, you will have a cash flow.
You can create categories to classify your expenses and earnings.

Cons

You can not do a transfer using your the app on your cell phone.
To categorize a transaction split in two or more categories is a little trick.

Jeff from Community Bank and Trust of Florida

Great product if you need a simple to use, yet powerful features product.

We own a variety of rental properties and having the ability to manage different types of property like monthly rentals which has standard monthly rent, as well as manage vacation rentals which payments and rental dates fluctuate. QRPM handles all the scenarios with ease and great reporting.

Pros

Have used Quicken products for over 30 years and for the cost you cannot beat the features and ease of use. Have used Rental Manager for past 5 years to manage 7+ rental properties and ability to track and manage payments and track expenses into a ledger with the greatest of ease is priceless for someone that doesn't need a full blown accounting system with GL#, etc.

Cons

Rare that you ever need to call support, but if you do, calling Intuit support has always been a frustrating experience. Just reaching someone knowledgeable to help was always challenging, but i have heard it's improved over past few years as have not had to use support but 2-3 times in life of product.

Steve from Self-employed

Quicken for Home and Business

Pros

Ability to maintain household records and part-time consulting business records in the same program. Ability to issue invoices and maintain accounts receivable. Maintain customer and vendor database. Maintain records of business related vehicle expense. Integrates easily with Turbotax.

Cons

The chart of accounts is difficult to maintain. It does not follow usual accounting conventions.It is difficult to save recurring reports. Printing reports is often confusing.

Kristy from Butt LLC

Fundamental but lacking

I was so excited to use this software. It completely ties to our financial reporting in Quicken and therefore is very appealing to use. The issue is in the actual function of the rental piece. It does not allow easy adjustment to tenant accounts for issues. Would be good for a FEW rentals. It does not allow tracking of notes regarding tenants or tracking of service needed. I also had hoped it had a function that could allow customers to make payments thru it.

Pros

Ties to financial. Allows entry of all tenant information for contact and lease terms.

Cons

Would be better if the tenant was also then listed as a payee so you would not get two different entries for one tenant when you do an entry in the checkbook vs running it thru the rental program which only allows for entry of rents. You cannot enter a payment for garbage for example. Any entry causes the rent due date to advance so you will be entering rent on 11/5/2016 for example and the default will come up 2/2017 for example.

Cathy from Sirius Medical Billing,LLC

Quicken lets me track my rental income and expenses accurately

I can track my rental expenses and income to deliver to my CPA for taxes. I can download my bank activity directly to the software, saving me time and money

Pros

I can create my own chart of accounts, the reports allow me to easily see how I spend money and which rental it is spent on.

Cons

I would like to be able to talk to customer service more readily or find someone in my area to help with the complicated details. Everyone seems to use Quickbooks and doesn't train on Quicken

Joseph from Alfa International Corp.

I have been using Quicken for several years now and love the program for tracking my spending.

Pros

As mentioned, I track spending as well as my earnings and family members earnings. It is a tremendous asset when tax time comes around for finding the items you may have forgotten about earlier in the year but are tax items.

Cons

The investment section of this program is a little confusing and cumbersome. It does allow for lots to tracking gain / loss easier. But setting up and making adjustments is a bit cumbersome.

Jen from FreeProp, LLC

Great for general accounting...

We have 65+ rental properties. I had waited to enter them into the rental property part until I worked out the kinks of the accounting part. I had issues with bank connectivity and then mobile sync was not working properly. After I got that fixed, I decided that in January I would start entering in my tenant's info. Here are my problems: 1. Most of our houses are section 8 which means 2 checks and NO, you can not just have 1 housing payment that you split into your houses and have those apply to your tenants. you HAVE TO MAKE A SEPARATE TENANT for EACH house labeled section 8 (or what ever) and house number or something to uniquely identify it. PAINFUL!!!!!!! 2. Lets say you have an invoice from Vendor A and they have invoiced you for 3 properties. You have to put the invoice on the tenant side (each invoice to each house) then when you go to pay Vendor A- it prints multiple checks. Not just one check or an option to pay several invoices for vendor A. THAT IS CRAZY!!! (For me it was going to print 10 checks to the same vendor. I then went to the banking side and made a check, tagging each property which then printed one check but the system did not enter the charges into the tenants side. So you need to do double entry. WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT? I called customer service-super nice but spent SEVERAL hours trying to get it figured out. They ended up saying how terrible it was. 3. There are no useful reports. Bottom Line: I ended up going with a property management software. I interviewed Builidium, Appfolio, and a few others. Expensive but hopefully it will help me out in the long run. Anything is better than this.

Pros

easy to change the payee/category/tag

Cons

see above

Dennis from Innovative Green Builders, Inc.

Great software for the businessman that owns a few houses for rent.

Pros

It is very easy to use and keeps track of each individual home...the income and the expenses. It also allows tracking expenses by category, and you can set these up for custom tracking.

Cons

It doesn't handle deposits very well. And I have never figured out how to change the dates that the rent covers. For example, if someone moves in during the middle of a month, it doesn't handle that well.

Tim from Profound Development

Potential as a great product that suffers from poor quality

Quicken for Business has no real peers on the market. There are certainly much better SMB accounting packages, there are better investment packages and better rental property packages, but Quicken appears to be the only one that consolidates all these functions into one. This used to be a quality package with minor bugs. Since being spun off, the management has successfully converted this from a typical "license and download" software to an annual subscription service, meaning you have to continually pay to be able to use the software. They also appear to have changed something in the QA process, as it has become more common for updates to fix one thing and break two more. Still, the basis is there for this to be a great product if they can ever solve the bad development issues.

Pros

For a small business or and individual with rental properties, this product has a full set of features that, if working properly, could really help. Interface is easy to use. Most banking and investment services can be accessed to easily download and reconcile accounts.

Cons

Very, very buggy. Some features just seem to automatically cause the system to crash. It seems way too often that the data file becomes corrupted. Recently changed to a subscription model, so you can't really keep a stable release.

Christopher from Licentia LLC

Overall This Product Does Its Job Well

Pros

It is a great and effective tool that allows small and medium sized rental managers to keep their rental finances separated from their personal finances in a familiar and easy to use interface.

Cons

The subscription cycle is a bit tedious . I would like to see a longer support cycle for specific versions.

Larry from TKG Properties

Best low-cost manager solution

Didn't like the forced upgrade to the latest version - some features were disabled on the old version until it was upgraded.

Pros

The price is right. Automatic download from banks is very useful. Automatic backups good for security.

Cons

Some features are somewhat awkward to use. The menus can be confusing. Naming, saving of various files is not intuitive.

Brian from BCS Villas

Great Financial Software

Pros

I love that I can keep an electronic check register combined with my online bill pay. Makes everything so simple and organized. My bank has never charged me for the bill pay interface either.

Cons

Quicken has a ton of features and I've used it for years. I can't think of anything I dislike.

Matt from Financial Services

Great product

Great product.

Pros

Upgraded with no issues. Improved features. Great product. I would buy this product again. A must have for any landlord/property manager.

Cons

The product could use more mobile friendly features. The product is missing ability to attach pictures, have tenants direct deposit, etc. Great value though!

Debie from RSGCA LTD

Using quicken makes my life easy

Once you have everything loaded it’s a breeze to get through. Easy to find reports, updating is simple.

Pros

I love the fact that at any given time I can get on and know exactly where my Financial situation is at.

Cons

May be a little confusing to get things loaded and started up

Linda from LMB Group, LLC

Have used for many years and with every upgrade keeps getting more bugs

Works well for personal finances - checking, savings, credit cards

Pros

Easy to learn, set up account. Can also use the software for my other businesses and personal stuff. Lots of ways to run reports that are useful. Nice to be able to download transactions from my bank and credit card accounts.

Cons

End of year tax schedules have bugs, Income reminders for rent payments do not show up correctly, Support is through a forum and they mainly tell you to run a file validation and that's it, Option to "Link a bill reminder to an online account" has never worked, New Zillow feature to asses value of property does not work. The only way I got good support was to pay another dollar for premium support and spent hours on the phone with a tech as he had me restore old backups trying to find a file that didn't cause the error... We never did find one that didn't cause the error. I am limping along with how it is working and currently looking for other software for my rental properties.

Rhonda from Kennedy Properties

Great for the small business person.

Have used for over 15 years.

Pros

Ease of entering transactions . Can also scan receipts and attach transactions for ease of look one up.

Cons

Hard to find how to make corrections and update catagories and vendors. Reports hard for me to customize for my use.