Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Katie Mclane with roomkey has been outstanding in her ability to help with any issues I have encountered. "

• "Easy to train new agents. Web based so can be accessed anywhere"

• "I like that it shows me my entire comp set and then some, I can easily see a ball park of rates to help in my planning."

• "Cost effecitve Software a service solid tech support ease of use"

• Cons

• "Some entry is cumbersome but once you learn the steps it's ok "

• "Making a reservation is cumbersome, cannot check anyone in after midnight.., its not a well thought out program."

• "I don't really have any cons. It is a little more expensive than some of the competitors, but you definitely get what you pay for. "

• "Had some trouble with the meals tracking on the reports"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 45 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

August 2015

Jeannette from Lakeview Hotels & Resorts

August 2015

Simply the BEST!

Pros

The program along with interfaces are extremely easy to deploy and very, very user friendly! Their entire team are experienced hoteliers with warm, genuine and caring personalities. They take a personal approach in everything they do. They are continuously seeking ways to improve the product by reaching out to end users for feedback and beta testing. They also strive to ensure exceptional client services at every single touch point and beyond!

Cons

The only thing I would say I find challenging; when we first began with the program a little over 10 years ago I had become very used to having one main "go to" person I worked with as an ideas and support person. This allowed for a great working relationship and a clear understanding of needs and wishes. Now there is a team and I don't know all of them as well and sometimes communication isn't as clear as I would prefer - this would be from both my side and theirs.

A. from Escape Lodging

Provides everything we need and is constantly innovating.

Streamlined daily operations, ease of training new employees, allows us to successfully serve our guests very intuitively.

Pros

Cloud-based, very user-friendly and easy to train, readily available training materials, accessible and attentive client resources, very responsive customer service, easy to manage and build any needed reports within the platform, allows us to integrate with all relevant industry software, provides ease and convenience to our daily duties, and constantly improving and anticipating the changing needs of our industry.

Cons

There is nothing to report, any potential issue was solved quickly or worked around easily. They welcome suggestions for improvement, and I readily provide them.

Justin from Bird-in-Hand Corporation

July 2015

management functions, set up functions, shift functions, night audit functions

Pros --There has been a lot of very nice features that have helped us serve our Guests better. - The quick access to information on the home screen. - Quick Check-in and Check-out processes - Intuitive nature of the software (anticipates what the clerk needs to do next) - Credit Card Processing has been extremely easy and user friendly. Shift4 Interface is great - Functionality of the Rate Wizard has been tremendous. This has allowed our properties to do more Revenue Management and Promotional Rates. - The updates that happen so frequently are very nice. It feels like things are always being looked at and worked on. - RoomKey Insight page is very nice for getting certain reports/information. - Advanced search is excellent - Website Interface and online booking is good. Cons -- - Reports seem somewhat sporadic. Arrivals and Departures reports do not have totals there are a lot of good reports, but I believe the reporting could be better. - No inventory for Guest Services (cots, cribs, etc.) - Overbooking seems to be an issue that comes up a lot even if you are just going into a reservation to make a change you always have to enable overbook if the hotel is filled. - Overall the booking box and the rate box that needs to be checked can sometimes get cumbersome for clerks especially when needing to scroll to look or change a rate in the reservation. - Packages are not very user friendly. There are lots of additional items and things to discuss concerning the software. The above items obviously don't cover everything. Overall our organization is very pleased with the system and has been impressed with the customer service thus far.

Dawn from Tropical Beach Resorts

July 2009

Room Key Pays for Itself!

Overall recommendation, looking into RSI would be a benefit to any hotel looking to maximize their revenue, save time, use state of art technology for GDS, key cards, credit card processing, etc. It's truly a magnificent system and the favorite aspect of our front desk

Pros

As a General Manager of 20 years in the hospitality industry I can confidently say our hotels performance is directly linked to Room Key. The technology is affordable; the staff at RSI is extremely cutting edge. Within the first six months of using RSI our occupancy went up 10%. Our staff honestly loves the system, front desk can be trained to take reservations and oversee check-ins within a few hours. The accessibility of having an online system allows us to work from anywhere at anytime. RSI allows us the maximize presence with the GDS by offering a two-way interface that is so easy to use and gives maximum control. We are a mid size property of 70 rooms that operates a year round occupancy of 93-95% with an average stay of less than 3 days. We operate extremely efficiently because of RSI. We feel passionate about PMS provider and the team that supports us.

Cons

Well, in regards to the cons of the software, I guess there are a couple of things that I would like to see in future upgrades. We'd like to see the tape chart show a few additional days and we would like to enhance the logo imaging on the confirmations that we email out along with the fonts and overall design. We'd also like to add a function that drops held reservations with out guarantees after a preset time.

Chris from Lexington Hotel and Conference Sudbury

User Friendly and Exceptional Service

We have been using RoomKey PMS for a year now and it has been a great experience. The cloud based PMS allows me to connect to the property from anywhere in the world making it easy to access information or assist other users at any time. The interface is user friendly making it easy to train new employees on. The advanced user functions offer many solutions to revenue and property management. The reporting functionality is also pretty on point. No system is perfect or without issues but they have been consistently working on updating and patching them within the various modules as they arise. The support team has been amazing. Special mention to Margaux who has helped me through numerous questions and requests. The exceptional support we receive is what sets them apart from other systems we have used. I would recommend RoomKey to anyone who is looking to upgrade their PMS.

Joseph from FIRM Hospitality Group

The Most Versatile PMS

This is the best PMS out there for my money. Opera is certainly the standard, but RoomKey does everything needed.

Pros

I love how easy it is to access my hotel from anywhere. I travel often and working with a property management system that I can access from anywhere provides loads of benefits.

Cons

The MAC interface was very frustrating, but it has since been developed a little better. I hope they develop their Apple product over time.

Blair from The Plaza Suites Santa Clara

Good Product

Strong internet access is highly suggested to get better results on product use

Pros

Positive note about this product is that it is very easy to use and it very user friendly-- I love the menu because its simple! This software operates in the cloud so access is from anywhere you have internet

Cons

The product itself is outstanding. I've use this product and sometimes trying to get through customer service may take you a while.

Great product to get started

Pros

It is a strong and neat system that is easy to navigate, the information layout is clean and clear and the menu is great. The fact it is cloud-based is great as it can be navigated from anywhere.

Cons

Some of the reporting could be advanced, saying that they need to work on the customer service as it is not very effective.

Frank from Villa Motel

July 2015

Roomkey is the cornerstone of our growth

Our property has been using Roomkey since 2011. At first we wanted a simple front desk PMS to track reservations, check-in/out, and print confirmations. Roomkey Basic sounded like the right product at that time. As our business grew the demands changed. We now use Roomkey Full to implement group bookings, corporate accounts, & city ledger. We just made the choice to connect via GDS recently after it was too much overhead with the amount of reservations coming in from OTAs. Our room revenue has grown by 25-30% and Roomkey was the cornerstone. Since the initial training in 2011 I've been utilizing their constantly up-to-date resources in PDF guides and youtube videos. Recently, I purchased a 4 hour training session to touch base with all the changes Roomkey has had since 2011. This training session was completely worth it. For instant help they have a wonderful support team that always helps me fix any problems I come across. Roomkey isn't a stagnant PMS solution. They are always evolving and redesigning their product. The movement of change is good and the direction they are heading towards only makes the use it Roomkey easier. Great product. Great support. Great pricing. Why wouldn't I be on with Roomkey? Special thank you to Chris Mackenzie. Haven't forgotten all the help you've done in the past.

Bad pms system

Pros

That it is a very simple system. There isn’t much to it

Cons

The user interface is terrible. It looks so outdated and customer service is terrible

Shelle from Viseate

Great PMS for Independent Hotels & Property Management

A solid PMS system for a new hotel with mixed use inventory, a robust rate strategy and many amenities.

Pros

RoomKey has robust features built into the basic package with affordable add-ons for numerous property types. The customer service and a support team that lives up to the sales pitch (which isn't always the case). It is a solid choice of PMS systems for independent hotels and small hotel companies not tied into proprietary PMS systems.

Cons

I honestly have not come across any real cons. Perhaps the information provided, pre-installation, could have been more robust. The client I was working with to choose and implement was not very knowledgeable and likely could not have done the installation without our help.

Jayesh from BAPS

Easily one of the best hotel management systems in the market.

Pros

You can track your hotel's data from anywhere around the world due its cloud based system. The amount and different types of reports you can generate can give you a better idea of how efficient your hotel runs.

Cons

The UI needs improvement. It can better managed to show you important information. The system tends to have a lot of bugs and tech support is generally called.

July 2009

Paul from Americas Best Value Inn/ Adera Ent.

udating

Roomkey is easy to grasp most general areas. the finite idosyncrinicities can be a little difficult for a less computer literate person to understand but it can be trained into them.

Pros

Cons

Elearn needs to be kept current with the versions of roomkey so that we can accuratly train new employees. whenever a new version comes out a complete list of all the changes made should be provided before the version comes out so that policies that may be affected by the changes can be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. the tokenization of CC#'s has created some issues. Having the "settle" button on the authorized transaction window is almost a nessesity for our property. there are issues with authorizations becomeing confusing for our guests and they think we have double charged them. Iknow that better training in this area does solve most issues but when new employees are just learning roomkey they make mistakes and the settle button can solve this.

Response from RSI Group of

Replied July 2009

eLearn - we are currently working on making our online training library more user friendly by merging documents. This will make it much easier to find what you¿¿¿re looking for. As an example, if you were looking for a document on how to change your rates, you would go to the Rates Module Document and the table of contents will direct you to the section on how to change rates. Documents for new versions - We have started this process as of our most recent release. On all future upgrades we plan to send updated docs out a few weeks before the release date so that clients can learn about new features in advance and be better prepared to get the most out of RoomKey Settle button for Shift 4 ¿¿¿ This has been added in our new release.

Charles from Ecola Creek Lodge

July 2015

RoomKey is a good product, but we find the program a bit much - even the Lite version!

As a small property [22 Units and few amenities], the multi-level program is actually more than we need, but the other struggle for us is it's Approach to "The Guest Service Experience". Because this PMS is based on the Accounting Mode, it's bookkeeping strictness creates hurdles for us who use it who are not 'Bookkeeping' savvy. [Although our Accountant loves it!] As a result there are several functions where it takes extra steps to accomplish a simple task all the while our Guests wait! Granted there are some features we really do like! Other PMS products used in the past were in my experience easier to navigate!

Response from RSI Group of

Replied August 2016

HI Charles, Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Hotel PMS. We are extremely pleased to hear that your Accountant loves the bookkeeping capabilities of our product! We appreciate that not all properties require the same features but work to build and evolve our PMS to make both our hoteliers and their guests lives easier. We welcome you to contact us with any specific feedback we can take into consideration while we evolve our product to see if we can improve your experience.

Henry from Red Planet Hotels

July 2015

A good product for our type of hotel - versatile and some very good components.

Their system has been deployed across all our hotels in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Japan and one of the nifty functionalities is our ability to select a repeat guest profile irregardless of which country they are booking. It also allows us to be more flexible in pricing (tiering of rates), tracking of production numbers for corporate and wholesale accounts; able to customize reports and export to excel for further mining; a very good maintenance module enabling us to track works (and costs) being done in rooms and throughout the hotel. Able to merge duplicate customer profiles. Responsive customer service section and great trainers. Their BI Reports section continues to grow in scope and in-depth reporting - enabling us to better understand our customers and demand. The only major downside of this software is that it doesn't support multi-language - however in saying that their new version (web & cloud based) will have that ability. Can't wait!

H.Peter from Hotel Parisi

Great System

We would sign up for the program anytime again as we have not found anything thus far that accomplishes more.

Pros

Great web-based PMS program for smaller hotel properties that will take care of most every operational issue that one gets involved in.We find it most useful that we can make changes to our rates and set-ups wherever we are with relative ease.

Cons

The weakest side of the program is the report writer. It is sort of annoying that you can not get any reports that will give you annual information by months.

Response from RSI Group of

Replied July 2009

We are in the process of beta testing our new KAR Hotel Reporting Module. This interactive tool will provide custom reporting in real time through a very cool user interface - if a data field exists, KAR will be able to report on it! (Someone from sales will contact you when the demo is ready)

Wes from The Tides by the Sea

RoomKey Review

Runs our hotel/condo. Operates in the cloud so access is from anywhere you have Internet connection. Great tool for front desk personnel and also reports for daily, monthly and annual information. Has an output for data for the condo owners. Can also link to OTA's for increased Web presence.

Pros

Easy to use and captures information for data capture

Cons

Some entry is cumbersome but once you learn the steps it's ok

May 2010

Rob from NMS Lodging

May 2010

Room Key Hits a home run on most key points

I would reccommend the Room Key PMS System. The value that you receive for the low cost of the sytem is unmatched. The remote access is also a huge plus!

Pros

Room Key is a very easy to operate system. It fits our needs for the 3 properties that use the system. There are complexities that make this sytem stand out aboove a lot of systems.

Cons

The group management system can be challenging. Two of our properties are 95% group buys and the entering the rooming lists is very cumbersome. Being able to easily add shares would be a fantastic upgrade to the system.

Response from RSI Group of

Replied May 2010

RoomKey allows you to import a .csv file (coma separated value) into the Rooming List feature of the Group Wizard. This will allow you to save the time of re-typing a rooming list directly into RoomKey.

Zul from painted turtle

Review RoomKey

Not very convenient for hostel type accommodation, more suited to hotel properties. Customer service is very poor, difficult to get answers to many questions.

Pros

not a lot

Cons

customer service

Great PMS for very small Inns

Good for a very small B&B or Inn.

Pros

The software is very light and cloud based. The PMS is easy to use and the customer portal has a lot of documentation if any users have questions.

Cons

PMS is missing an extract for revenue reporting and a report scheduler for automatically emailing daily sales reports as well as reservations OTB reports.