• Pros

• "Ease of use, so easy to use, i enjoy being able to pull it up anywhere at any time."

• "The software is very user friendly and very flexible. The reporting is fantastic as well."

• "It saves time and allows me to communicate with multiple people at one time. It's easy to use and access from multiple devices and locations."

• Cons

• "The report builder and dashboards are very powerful, but are less intuitive than other aspects of the platform."

• "Some of the customization isn't as user-friendly as I would like it to be but customer service is always helpful and can usually solve any issue that I have."

• "No undo! The recycle bin helps, but isn't the solution I wish it could be."

Browse Workfront Reviews

Sara from Partners Healthcare

PMO take on Workfront

I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

Pros

Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects (ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

Cons

We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Caroline from Sage

Ideal tool for the administration of high level projects

This tool has allowed to carry out a better organization, planning and management of large business projects since it provides all the appropriate tools for it, being able to prioritize projects, monitor their status and collaborate with different team members, making the work much simpler of everyday.

Pros

I like this tool since it is ideal to carry out the administration of high level projects, and this is thanks to the fact that it provides the adequate tools and a configuration that is highly customizable, thus doing the management, collaboration and work in team is much simpler and more fluid, has high quality report reports because they are very detailed and easy to understand, also allows members who are in different countries to collaborate with each other just by sending a request to them and assign assignments that make the development of the project much faster, being able to exchange ideas and comments among them, as well as being able to monitor the progress of each user or the project in general and the best thing is that the tool is always updated and It is very easy to use, which is why it is suitable for the management of large projects.

Cons

One of the things that I think I do not like is that he does not have a live chat and it would be very appropriate since the communication would be much more direct and fast, in addition to his costs or plans are somewhat confusing and to know the same You must communicate through calls with your team since they are not on your platform.

Dan from INSP, LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

The first few months of Workfront are promising

Workfront has given us a scalable and shapeable project management software. Startup and migration from our previous system has been cumbersome, but the outlook towards a robust and customized project management software is very promising.

Pros

Extraordinarily customizable. We've been able to suit to more precisely to our needs than our previous project management software. Proofing options are excellent, allowing for dynamic viewing, commenting, and approvals. Conversation-style updates digests, easy to track. Robust notifications Really like the predecessor feature that triggers actions AFTER other actions are complete. Solid budgeting and reporting functions. In-project media storage is extremely useful, meaning that we don't have to use a third party.

Cons

Fairly intense learning curve for both those who on-boarded the software and the users. The software really needed to be shaped to our environment before it was ready for easier learning for the crew. The sheer volume of features meant that we spent considerable time distinguishing between some aspects of the software from other similarly named aspects.

Faith from FinTech Innovation Lab

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data

Sharing of projects is now easy and every member of the team has up to date data on project progress. Moreover, executives look for loopholes to help in easily and monitor progress.

Pros

It has given us ability to plan, manage, and measure work based on data which helps organization executives to monitor work in real-time using the data. The most important thing is that their support team worked with us from the beginning to create a platform that best fits our job environment. Now we can easily work in teams as we are able to plan, create and share tasks and projects within the platform and most importantly Workfront was integrated with the softwares that we use on a daily basis. Another benefit is that they offer a free trial for an organization.

Cons

The vendor support team took a little bit longer in creating the Workfront platform that could best match our needs but in all it was a success and now we are good.

Reasons for Choosing Workfront

Workfront has the best support team which worked with us from beginning up to now.

Judy from The Robert Allen Group

Long time administrator of AtTask/Workfront

Pros

Workfront has allowed our department to fine-tune our projects, which consist of approx. 45-50 projects per year over three selling seasons, all working concurrently. We have been able to integrate our Product Development dept in NYC and our distribution facility in South Carolina, in order to Go to Market in a seamless manner. There is visibility for anyone who needs it and a range of reporting functions.

Cons

It can be frustrating to set everything up in a particular manner, only to have it become a 'legacy'. The challenge I've faced as the admin for my company is that it's not my full time job and it can be time-consuming to figure things out at times, or try to configure a work-around to meet our needs. The reporting has improved a lot since we started with the product 7 years ago, but there are still some basic needs that aren't met, such as the fact that there's a beautiful Milestone report, but it's not printable. It is the exact type of report that is most useful for our organization, but it's impossible to print out for our dept meeting, for instance.

Jeffrey from Century Martial Arts

Great project management for creative and marketing departments

Before Workfront we struggled with paper proofs being routed across desks and edits written in pen. Communication and revisions via email threads connected to digital creative assets were lost. Tracking estimated team hours and keeping projects moving in a linear fashion was barely manageable. Workfront resolved these issues at a mid-level price point for a small to medium-sized business or agency. While some of the bigger enterprise features and integrations may be missing, all the essentials as readily available, easily accessible, and not too difficult to setup.

Pros

This digital proofing system is among one of the more intuitive project management platforms I've used. Here are some of the things to like about Workfront: the ability proof web pages with live click throughs, version control, simulated browsers and devices, inline comments, a hierarchy of approvals, and progress taskbar.

Cons

Here are things that Workfront could use a little improvement: custom forms, integration to marketing platforms for deliverables on task management calendar (Hubspot specifically), more intuitive gantt charts for tracking team progress, and user views/rights that allow end-users to view and share projects without custom permissions.

Great for Project Management and Beyond

It takes some time to learn but once you do it can be used for any project management needs and it also is a great collaboration tool to keeping things organized and specific to the tasks at hand rather than the endless email back and forth.

Pros

Workfront is a robust project management software tool with a lot of functionality to really streamline work processes. One of the best use cases I used it for was in streamlining repeatable processes such as onboarding. There were over a dozen individual actions that needed to happen when bringing on each individual new hire to get them in systems, set up and ready for day one. Workfront made it seamless to set up the project just once assigning who does what and when, and simply enter in the new hires' info as they were about to start. Then I could track all the tasks as they were completed ensuring nothing was missed.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as I would have liked it. Takes some training to understand how it's organized. Especially when it comes to the progress of the project. It almost always looks like it's behind unless you take the time to put in details of the hours each task will take and when it will be completed.

Jan from YFYJupiter

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Easy way to Communicate with a Team

We used it for one specific client and it performed exactly to our needs to keep the projects organized and keep the line of communication clear and concise. It helped to streamline our communication process into one platform.

Pros

What I liked most about the Workfront software was the ability to discuss a lot of different projects with an entire time. The communication channels are easy to follow and keep track of multiple projects at one time.

Cons

It was a little cumbersome to use at first but once you get a handle on all the tools it becomes an easy software to utilize and use on a daily basis. Great communication for a whole team that is located within several different offices.

Alanna from Dish Network

Workfront Review

Workfront has made the project management side of my job super easy.

Pros

Workfront makes it super easy to track the progress of projects. It allows me to keep up with the tasks that need to be completed on projects.

Cons

The layout and functionality can take some time to get familiar with, and there are still times when I can't figure out how to do something.

Kylie from Orlando Health

Heavy learning curve, but has potential

Pros

I like the structure and customization features available in Workfront. The ability to define hierarchies that make sense for your organization was an important feature for us and has proven to be very helpful.

Cons

It has a pretty heavy learning curve when you have a large number of users migrating to the platform. I also get frustrated sometimes with the way that comments and updates can get "trapped" at a task level and you can end up having to click around for a while to find a conversation.

Eliabeth from Northwestern Medicine

My favorite project management system by miles

I've used Workfront with three different companies over the last five years. I've been able to use Workfront to help cut campaign request, approval and building in half, to solve the "everything through email" issue and to manage an extremely high volume of request from internal, external and disparate teams in a large organization that is change resistant. It's been meldable, helpful and honestly fun to learn and grow with Workfront as a company and as a system.

Pros

I love that Workfront is easy to configure and change as your organization grows. It's easy to stay up to speed with and make changes based on system changes and your organization changing. I also am in love with the reporting and custom data features. Custom forms and the ability to manipulate them to get data has been invaluable in every organization I've been in to date that has used Workfront.

Cons

I don't really have a ton of complaints if the system is configured well. Maybe that there are too many features? It can be a lot to wrap your head around but if you have the time to get to know it it is irreplaceable.

Big Fan

I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin. Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

Pros

I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher. I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects. Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends. Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

Cons

The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Heather from John Zink Hamworthy Combustion

Industry: Environmental Services

Workfront

Workfront is our go-to. We have someone needing something we send them to submit their need through Workfront. IF someone needs to review or approval something, we send it through Workfront. That way we have a trail of information of why we did the things we did or went with the project(s). Its the paper trail. It also took us from having 2-3 hour long status meetings every week to one 30 minute meeting sometimes every week or so. We can summarize much better than running through a multiple page document spreadsheet. It has saved us time and sanity.

Pros

I am able to add all my projects and tasks into one location so that my team is aware of what I am working on and my clients can see where their project stands. This is very helpful in case something happens, we often say, if we get hit by "the bus" someone will know where my project is and what to do next.

Cons

It was a rough start. The account rep(s) that we have had were not very good at making sure we were happy as a customer or if we had a need. Since we got our remote system admin, it has been amazing. We love our rep!

Reasons for Choosing Workfront

It had us from the get go. It seemed the most user friendly and customizable.

Andrew from Blue Acorn

Sys Admin User

We use the tool to manage all website development projects (tasks, assignments, schedule, LOE, performance reporting, team management, etc.) time logging, Agile burndown, Kanban, employee tracking, and billing; pretty much every aspect of our business.

Pros

-The ability to customize the software to fit within your business operations. It's not a one size fits all where you have to modify company operations to fit within like other PM software. -The reporting functionality and the ability to build custom reports -Once you learn how to use it and get to know the intricacies, textmode is AMAZING! It allows you to build very custom reports, templates, fields, calculations, etc. to meet the needs of your business. -The support team is great! Having a dedicated support contact with standing weekly 30-minute meetings has been very helpful. Additionally, the "consulting hours" come in very handy when there are items that myself or other system experts within my company can't figure out because they are able to use their knowledge and expertise to get us what we need.

Cons

-We submit enhancement ideas or tickets to the product team and feel like they always just get lost in the shuffle. There are a lot of things that we could use but I guess other companies or Workfront don't see the value so our ideas are very slow to be added to their Product Roadmap or come to market. -It's not the cheapest on the market, that's for sure. -There is somewhat of a learning curve for new employees at my company trying to learn the software just because it is SO powerful. -There could be better integrations, specifically with Git.

Jonathan from Synchrony Financial

Workfront makes managing projects easy with strong training, support and reporting features.

It helps us save time when it comes to resource allocation and time management. The reporting features helps upper-management better understand what we are doing and how much time it takes to do it. I love how they are constantly pushing updates that help improve the tool based on user feedback.

Pros

I have been a Workfront user for a few years now and am a big proponent of this project management tool for several reasons. 1) I find it very intuitive for users to use 2) It is easily customized based on the needs of your users 3) The reporting feature is worth the price of admission itself 4) Their support team is quick to respond and the self-help area is robust so you can find an answer to any question you may come across 5) Workfront offers a comprehensive training tool that covers several types and levels of training for users at all levels including frequent live trainings 6) The Community area is a great place to share ideas and ask for help from other users 7) They are constantly making updates and improvements to the tool 8) The Workfront Proof viewer is a great feature for those who want to markup and share creative within a project. We looked at several solutions and I'd say that Workfront was by far the best option for our internal creative agency.

Cons

Setting up can be time consuming if you don't already have a process in place. Do your homework and dedicate the time to do it right before launch or else user adoption can be difficult. Plan on user adoption to be your biggest hurdle as people are uncomfortable with change. Make the Workfront trainings mandatory before use.

Chris from JetBlue

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Helps Streamline Process, Create Accountability

Workfront has absolutely changed the way my team works from a process standpoint. Previously, there was no way for us to quantify creative work, evaluate workloads of the creative staff or effectively capture the back and forth that accompanies a creative project. Workfront has solved all of these for us and more.

Pros

There's a lot I love about Workfront. As someone who works on the creative services side of the business, Workfront allows for an orderly intake process using its custom forms (a questionnaire) that allows the project manager to identify the exact asks that are being made. Workfront allows us to easily flip requests into full blown projects, using its task feature to assign each user their own role in the larger project. From a creative perspective, I can use agile project management and set tasks to happen concurrently, or waterfall project management and customize tasks so that one task cannot be started until the previous task is complete. Overall, Workfront offers a really clear process that creates the accountability throughout my team's creative process.

Cons

The software definitely takes some getting used to. There's a good amount of onboarding that usually takes place to learn the terminology (tasks vs project, dashboards and reports) and from my team's perspective we used our onboarding sessions to customize dashboards for each section of the team. The copywriters have their own dashboard and the designers have theres. So although the complexity is a con, it offers good potential for further customization.

October 2015

October 2015

Complete and powerful PM information system with some areas to improve

Working in an in-house marketing department, we have been using Workfront for three years to manage our projects and operations. We need overall visibility on all the activities of our department, plus a powerful collaboration platform. Our main aim using Workfront is to manage the capacity vs workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand. Workfront is fulfilling our basic needs, but we feel that there is a lack of ability to create clear dashboards or to have a better visibility of critical task between multiple projects at the same time (which happens when several campaigns overlap). There are other points to improve (see Cons below), but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.

Pros

Logging hours is not painful (as it actually sounds), there are several choices to input them and its quite easy to get used to the habit. The collaboration features are very good: comments, sharing if documents, approvals... Work requests via assignments are clear and provide accountability. Integrated document proofing and versioning is a must for any creative department and this one works really well. Workfront support is quick and responses are elaborated, always providing a workaround if there isn't a functionality to match your need.

Cons

Reporting is a bit limited; while basic reporting is completely fulfilled and you can present the information in clear graphs, when you try to create complex relations (historic vs forecast, capacity vs demand) things get more complicated, there are limitations and you need workarounds to obtain the desired (or closest to the desired) information. Sharing of information is cumbersome; although you can send automatic reports by email, it's difficult to distribute more elaborated pieces of information. Resource management is limited; there are tools in the system, but they are not intuitive and are a legacy of previous versions of the system. Learning curve is steep, it doesn't take much time to get familiarised with the common request-collaborate actions (which most of the users will do), but it needs much time and training to carry out actual project management processes within the system.

Christopher from SE

Workfront Great for 'Doers' to monitor their KPI's

Great product!

Pros

This software works great to track your KPI's and to update and monitor your progress on any assignments that are assigned to your and projects you are working on. For simple to-dos and assignments and tasks, etc. it's really effective with a pick list of choices to choose from to update the status, upload files, log hours work, comment, etc. and inform business stakeholders requesting on the progress of a given workfront request. For more thorough projects, it is very detailed and shows the workflow broken down if you know how to set expectations with Project Management tools following the process of PMI (Project Management Institute) or that of the project management profession itself and along the lines of the PMP; such as float and slack time, dependencies on tasks for deliverable's, critical paths, etc. Honestly it's a great tool and I highly recommend it. I use it daily and as long as you take the time to learn and use the tool lit'll help your organization and employees to better manage their workloads in Workfront. For me, it helps track my KPI's and deliverables for various stakeholders and business leaders.

Cons

It can be a bit complex at first, especially if you don't have any training. Like anything newly learned, it takes time and if you're not experienced with project management software you may find yourself in a bit of frustration using it.

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

Pros

Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Cons

The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Workfront Review

We have dozens of projects every day, with different employees in different capacities working on them -- project managers, team leaders, supervisors, editors, writers, graphic designers, proofreaders, strategists. Everyone's input and progress can now be corralled in one place. We have a clear window view in to how the project is going and who might need help with what. Everything is documented in one thread so there is no hiding from a mistake or missed deadline. We can take people outside of the task, like our Legal Department, to get their insight on certain matters.

Pros

What I like most about Workfront is the visibility it gives to employees and project managers as they navigate a workload from week to week. If 10 people are working on the same task, they can communicate through Workfront channels with respect to questions, concerns and updates. And everything is documented. So, if a conflict arises, we can just go back through the Workfront thread and see what happens. Documentation is so important, especially when you have dozens of projects going at one time.

Cons

It was tough to learn. After a year, I still did not feel like I had it figured it out. The workload queue setup felt wonky to me and I would often grab work from the wrong places because things weren't clearly marked. Also, and maybe this is on our company's IT side of things, it seemed to crash with a certain frequency, or would not normally be available.

Kristen from ESPN

Robust and Flexible But Missing a Few Critical Things

Pros

It is very configurable and encompasses the best of both worlds: the traditional project management structure (the project has a life of its own and contains many different kinds of objects), along with lighter object-oriented workflow (comments and approvals associated with specific documents). My product team is very responsive and I've had really great experiences with the remote consultants and help desk. Service is really excellent.

Cons

Given the crazy pace of my daily reality, I wouldn't mind a slower rate of change on the product itself. Change is a good thing, and most of them are good, but it changes so frequently that it feels like my team just gets used to the new features and ways of interacting with the product, and then it changes again. Among the things I like LEAST: -it is impossible to expose the actual file name of new document versions. I can't understand why this is so hard. It should be an option to keep your file naming conventions that are relevant to other systems and are relied on by many users, and still take advantage of the versions features. -you should be able to be notified when there is a new version added. Again, this one baffles me. - You should be able to mark a communication URGENT somehow, or set a recurring reminder that can automatically nag people for a response.

Rebecca from Linder Global Events

Planning software that helps us get the job done

A great tool, I love the ease of use and the time it has saved my team!

Pros

We have produced hundreds of events and this software is essential to keeping us on time and on budget. The entire company uses it for everything from resource planning, event workflows and automated approvals, to our company-wide operations calendar and staffing. Being able to create customized dashboards to track, in real time, the progress of all of our ongoing projects has led to increased collaboration across our teams and given us time back to focus on our clients. I like the streamlined document proofing capabilities which allows us to eliminate major bottlenecks and reduce unnecessary paper it all lives in the platform! Every event is different, and the nimble functionality of the platform allows an adaptable environment for our clients while still tracking the necessary metrics of success. The reporting capabilities is terrific, very robust, and most importantly, easy to use. It has everything we need, and even things we didn't know we needed!

Cons

Because the platform is so robust there is a healthy learning curve for new employees, dedication to training and maintenance across the full company is needed for successful adoption.

Vic from Denver Water

Industry: Utilities

Wonderful way to track your work, communicate and report on almost anything you can dream of.

It allowed our IT department to go from 5 products to track our work (ITSM, Assana, TFS, MS Project, and Spiratest) to one product where we use it for our Helpdesk, Projects, Agile Teams, Test Cases, and results, and many many dashboards and reports to gauge how we're doing. Now we're able to track our work and if the work belongs to another team we can pass it along without having to recreate it in another tool. The communication function is also been a success for us.

Pros

The work tracking, communication and reporting capabilities. Reporting is a misnomer because it's more of a screen view that allows you to dive deeper into the report and the objects in the report. The Communication methods of being able to comment on objects and allow people to respond via email and still append the reply as a log in the object has been a big win for us. Even naysayers now love the product in our organization. The reporting is so powerful I instruct users to develop their dream scenario and I can usually deliver what they want.

Cons

From time to time it can get glitchy. They've made great improvements on this over the years and I've had the same issue with other products too (i.e. MS Project used to crash on me once a day). But for the complexity of the product and all the functionality it delivers, it's a very small percentage of time that this occurs.

April 2015

Scott from Loyola University Maryland

April 2015

Using Workfront has made us better.

Pros

The interface and usability of the product is second to none. We've been using the software since 2009, choosing it because of the easy-to-use interface. The product has gone through numerous redesigns of the interface, and things have just gotten easier with each release. Our users really like it, and there is a quick turnaround in terms of getting started and using the product. The functionality of the software also gives us more than just a shared Gantt chart for projects. It really has given us the ability to manage all our work and be more productive.

Cons

The vendor assigns customer success coordinators (CSCs) to each customer which is basically an account rep. The company itself has gone through various leadership changes, and as a result there has been many reorganizations of the staff. As a result, we have had many different CSCs and really have not had the opportunity to get to know our representative and our representative getting to know us well. Everyone has been great, but the inconsistency on account reps gets frustrating.

May 2015

Narayan from University of Florida Health

May 2015

My experience with Workfront has been fantastic.

Pros

The software is extremely intuitive, very interactive and intelligently designed. It supports the many different approaches to work management and is highly flexible. The API also provides endless opportunity for enterprise integrations. The reporting is very powerful. The training offerings are extremely useful. Quarterly roadmap webinars provide administrators with a great overview of future functionality. The vendor is great to work with. The sales reps, client success consultants, delivery consultants, trainers and support staff are all very helpful in working through issues until they are resolved. Progress on requests is highly visible through their requests interface. The response times for all types of requests, whether direct email or within the support site, are responded to in a timely fashion.

Cons

I least like the fact that the product was rebranded. I also do not like some of the limitations of the amounts of data that can be reported out of the system. While the reporting interface is very powerful, the application struggles to provide reports when large amounts of data are being reported on. The sandbox environments are very slow, which results in very little use of them. If they performed well, they would be used much more by our users and administrators for testing. Regarding the vendor, I sometimes feel like there are known issues, bugs or limitations within the software that should be addressed.

Tanya from Excelsior College

Workfront has helped make work and projects more visible

Overall the system does what we need it do do, but we are underutilizing it, making it difficult to justify the cost. It is challenging to navigate what are perceived limitations alone, but when you get to conference you see there are workarounds for. Consulting hours are ok, the consultant can make or break if they are valuable and often only bring to the table what you can find in help or community. Account Reps are also challenging and provide inconsistent service.

Pros

Workfront is customizable and can be tailored to meet the different needs of a variety of units throughout the College. Everything can be in one place, making it easier to communicate, and make decisions. The opportunities to make improvements to process are endless.

Cons

There are too many ways to do the same things, making it difficult to train and onboard users. The frequency that things change also makes it hard for existing users to stay on top of functionality. Help and customer support are inconsistent, often pointing you to help articles that you can find on your own. There are many tips and hacks to the system that are almost impossible to find or figure our on your own, and the only time you really learn about them is at conference when you connect with amazing Workfront consultants or attend some great sessions.

Agneta from Aetna International

From a constant stream of chaotic, seemingly unstructured requests to a streamlined intake of work.

Having a singe route for the marketing operations team (our internal agency) to take in work has created more structured, more consistent intake so work can be assessed more easily. It has completely stopped requests getting stuck in peoples email inboxes or sent to the wrong person. We now also have greater visibility of projects and requests. Can asses the type and volume of work so we can schedule resources easier and plan for future recruitment better.

Pros

It has broad functionality and follow typical project management flows and tools such as agile and different project views. It is rich enough to run complex projects and you can simplify it to make it easier to use for users that have no or limited project management experience. The system administrator can do most, if not all, configuration so you keep control of the system in-house without needing consultancy. I particularly like that you can report on all fields in the system, even against custom forms, so if you have a non-standard project need you can report on it.

Cons

Out of the box there are no templates or workflows, which means you start from scratch. There would be nice to have had some basic flows to start with. Some of my colleagues in the marketing team found the broad functionality, needing to access different screens to do different work, quite intimidating. This can be solved with custom dashboards, but as a project management tool designed for marketers (who don't usually have project management training) having an out of the box 'simplified view' would be good.

Emma J. from Mack & Associates

Industry: Publishing

Workfront Leading the Frontier of Web-Based Project Management Systems

Workfront is a great web-based project management platform. It is well-designed, and the company continues to make updates to improve it's platform and does not just sit on their hands for one annual update. It is very easy to link projects, manage workflows, the reporting is intuitive, and much more. In addition, asset management is streamlined with ability to house documents within projects, or as my company does for larger programs that span multiple projects, create an actual Document Repository project that can be used across multiple boards. The community is very engaged and admins and project managers can speak together to help figure out the more advanced parts of the platform and how to help arrive at the endpoint your are searching for, wherever possible. They have phenomenal integration with other platforms, with options to have full DAM and more, but each add on increases the price (naturally). Even as they develop, they tend to have beta areas and accept feedback to continue to improve before they launch something that would impact the entire platform.

Pros

Well-designed Continual Updates from Workfront instead of waiting to fix problems Ease of linking projects with cross-predecessors Managing Workflows Reporting DAM Engaged community with other Project Managers to discuss best ways to utilize Workfront Integration with other platforms

Cons

I am interested in almost all that Workfront has to offer, but to have everything it can do can be cost-prohibitive. My company has utilized other platforms, that may be less efficient and harder to keep everything consolidated, simply because of the additional cost of utilizing the feature in Workfront.

Powerful PPM cloud-based tool

Data! It provides the ability to capture so much data and then visualize it via report that it changed our organizational culture from rear facing to forward facing. We now make decisions that can impact future outcomes opposed to reviewing what happened last quarter, which we have no control over now.

Pros

It is a really cool tool. There are many features and so much functionality available. The best thing is the ability to collaborate within the system. Using static project management tools like project can cause issue with static information or mulitple versions of a plan floating about, but with a tool like this one, you have real-time project data. You also have the ability to capture custom data and the best feature is the ability to report on this data real-time.

Cons

There are a lot of features, functionality and configuration in this software. It provides solutions to so many problems and provides value, but you MUST have super users and sys admins to help maintain support and user adoption. This is not something that is easily onboarded in a day or two. It will take careful and thoughtful planning to configure, onboard, train and then support.

Angela from CUNA Mutual Group

Couldn't Do My Job Without It

We are solving lack of visibility into the work that hits our team, we also are using Workfront to demonstrate where we are lacking capacity to complete tasks and to collaborate on proofs in one place vs. having a million emails and different sign-offs where people can't see what others have already commented or signed off on.

Pros

Allows me to manage 100's of tasks assigned to me, enter time I spend on those task, assign to and collaborate with others all within one tool without having to keep tons of email chains, and allows me to easily demonstrate to management what it is I am working on, how long I spend on it, and introduce opportunities to improve upon the data/processes that we are capturing in Workfront.

Cons

Can be hard to teach others to use it because there are many ways of doing the same thing, it's customizable but I think there are some aspects that are surprisingly not customizable that a lot of other businesses would use, and I would really like a way to create object that aren't as big as projects but require a little more effort than Tasks. It's also hard to report comprehensively on tasks and projects if your team has a healthy mix of both.

Ahmed from Arpu plus

Workfront is our way to success in Project Mangement even if it more expensive than other competitors

We are using WorkFront for about 2 years now and is very pleased with the functionality and feature set it provides to meet our needs to manage Workfront takes time and effort to implement, but anything worthwhile should. Workfront's team has been very helpful to us and really cares that we earn a win for our team. I am an end user of Workfront within teams. Workfront helps me keep on track with all my work, tracking progress and deadlines to ensure all work is delivered efficiently and on time.

Pros

Customization and Small Duration to be built and including good tools for Project Management In case of owning a lot of tasks on daily basis: Workfront is the best for monitoring and follow up Including all the required Reports for Top Management Very Good Support Team Always upgrading and adding new features and reports

Cons

I couldnt reach how to automate prioritizing projects and assigning project, I am searching for this feature currently Company should have a process before using this software else it will not add anything to the work flow Higher Cost than other simpler softwares companies Hard to get team members to update data consistently, which impacts project status/reporting

Erica from RLI Insurance Company

Workfront

Work management for our entire insurance organization. We want a consistent view into the work being completed in each project, program, and portfolio for budgets, resources, etc.

Pros

1. Flexibility in providing work management options - easily tailored to support multiple functional groups within a single organization 2. Reporting tool capability - provides the ability to report and display on any piece of information captured in the work management process (with a few limitations on display - see cons) 3. Customer support model - help is always available through the Help function, Workfront Community, and Customer support group

Cons

1. Reporting - there are a few limitations to the reporting capability (e.x. you cannot add a project gantt chart to a report or dashboard that displays in the parent/child relationship) 2. Lack of inherent integrations with other popular systems 3. Constant changing of our Customer Support Representative - the customer support model is great for answering questions (almost 24/7), but our company rep has changed 4 times in 3 years - makes it difficult to build a relationship

Dave from Littelfuse

Solid program for improving your workflow

Powerful tool in helping control, organize and direct project management. Good for identifying all the tasks involved with a particular project, and assigning responsibilities as to who does what and when.

Pros

Workfront is pretty straightforward and easy to use once you get in there and play around with it a bit. It's well-built and powerful in helping you manage all aspects and tasks involved in a project of any size. Like with many software programs, it takes a bit of orientation to figure it all out, but once done...it's a very helpful and beneficial tool to use.

Cons

Like with many software programs, it's not super-intuitive when trying to use it "out of the box". Training and tutorials are certainly available, but at least my experience for our team's approach was more of a "jump in and start using" approach, and that can get a bit tricky since not always obvious where to go to find what.

Key for keeping a project on track

Workfront is our exclusive project management software. We manage client-facing as well as internal projects using it. We also submit new projects through it and report hours on a monthly basis.

Pros

Workfront has been critical to our projects moving forward. It's customizable for both large-scale projects and individual, quick tasks. As someone who manages projects at a high level, Workfront allows me to see where the project is in development, who is responsible and if there are any problems that need to be addressed. In a client-facing role, I can quickly see if a project is on track for the agreed-upon timeline. The ability to tag internal task owners with questions and notifications is also critical. There are also key functionalities that allow for projects to be submitted and approved through the program as well, then export hours at the end when we look back on reporting on resources.

Cons

There is a learning curve that comes with all of the features of the program and you have to ensure your project management team is trained to use them. A very small criticism is that the Notifications button is very small so sometimes you don't notice if action is waiting on you if you're tasked with many projects within Workfront

Jessa from Bishop Fox

I think that Workfront is a very innovative system - I think there are some missing pieces too.

Pros

I like that Workfront is pretty easy to navigate, I also like the new front with integrations coming into play. I like how easy it is to do reporting and leverage reports into dashboards.

Cons

I do not like the lack of ability to customize user instances. I would prefer to hide everything that a user does not need to see or use to make it way more basic. Right now, the system is not structured to do this by user only by group or permission settings. I think it's also annoying to have current-pending projects not be an option to show on the legacy gnatt and it's a pretty easy feature. I'd also like to see more development with roles and skillsets not the basic settings for primary and secondary roles. I'm happy to hear that the help desk will be restructuring requests going to specific topics such as reporting. I have used the help desk before and have found it frustrating that the consultant I am assigned does not have the knowledge to address my concern/question and I get passed along through the pipe until I reach someone who can. I'd like to see development in reporting more.

Versatile Tool That Helps You Get Stuff Done

The biggest thing is controlling the chaos and putting all project related info in one place.

Pros

The tool allows use to build standardization across the global network while allowing for some customizations for individual business units. The tool also has a ton of features that allows a business unit to grow and mature in the tool and in the industry

Cons

The biggest thing for me is the price. It is an expensive tool and so some business units have to do weird or fancy workarounds to reduce the number of licenses purchased. This means they are not using the tool to its fullest potential.

Anna from Farnell element14

September 2015

A Workfront end user to be allocated work and track progress.

Pros

The overall interface and system is very intuitive to use. One of the most effective parts has been the clear segmentation of each project into separate tasks with individual deadlines and approval steps. This has helped with allocating the best person to work on each task which has resulted in the whole team working more efficiently. The approval process is a useful feature that allows the correct senior staff to confirm the work is complete and has been checked. Additionally, Workfront have been very helpful in implementing suggestions to make the system work better for us and our working processes by implementing suggestions for new functionality. They have also been very proactive in training and getting feedback for new ideas to make the software even better.

Cons

Setting up the system has taken a very long time to implement within our business. I understand this is mainly down to the speed at which our business incorporates change and that Workforce has been integrated with existing systems and software we already have in place. The resourcing tool has not been ideal for our working practices and we are needing to do further work before this tool can be fully used - but Workfront are working with us to implement new features that will enable us to use this in the future.

Lavanya from Baxter Credit Union

Reliable and very robust PPM tool

Pros

Implementing Workfront in our organization has helped give the PMO team single source of truth for project and portfolio management and resource availability. Workfront also has FANTASTIC support and documentation that helps solving issues easy. I leverage this forum very often while stuck on a problem. This is also a company that invests a lot in making its products better and listening to the voice of the customer.

Cons

Building reports can be hard becasue the tool tracks SO MUCH data. It can take a lot of time and effort to learn all aspects of reporting including text mode. It's not really a con but does post challenges in overcoming the learning curve.

Marty from Daniel Brian Advertising (DBA)

Reports Text Mode

Pros

It's not the software, but the company behind it. I really appreciate the forward thinking view into how you can make work better, easier, more engaging for your customers. I'm extremely excited about the new Workfront experience and can't wait to dig into the new way to engage my teams at work.

Cons

Reporting. It's very easy to set up a report that tells you what you want if it's a default object in the system. If you want to customize or combine information it becomes a lot more complex. I've gotten into textmode and have scripted a single expression that's well over a thousand characters, with many of those characters simply being a repeated algorithm. It would be so much better if I could write in a more object oriented model using a familiar language like Javascript. I've also learned to aggregate information, but I want to build scripts that display the output in a string with combined information rather than summing a single source of information. All possible with Javascript and similar languages.

Leanne from CUNA Mutual Group

Making Good Progress - keep investing and Improving!

Support and the product itself has improved over time. Need to make intuitive for users and admins - there are so many capabilities and screens to figure out access and why someone can/cannot see data and projects they need to. Is there a way to make the strict project management methodologies less necessary for to do projects and smaller projects so that the other functionality can be used (updates in central location, documents, task assignment) but due dates, durations are not as critical

Pros

The central location for sharing updates, docs, etc vs using email and the proofing functionality of the tool. One tool for all types of requests by queue - eliminated some systems from our process.

Cons

Limited reporting capabilities without exporting to Excel or adding an add-in. User Confusion with issue and project and where to add comments and how to find projects. Need admin support to set up layout templates to streamline work and that can be challenging to find time to help users. Also wish you could play with report data vs having to save to generate the report and then delete when finished.

Julie from League Academy

Industry: Graphic Design

Robust project management software almost too robust

Based on what is written in Cons above, one can see that using Workfront can be a quite frustrating experience. But, once you learn to customize and streamline the software to fit your department's specific needs, it is pretty efficient in helping our workflow.

Pros

Fairly clean user interface; modern look and feel, with an almost "social media-esque" based interactions in the Updates tab for each project. Proficient and efficient tracking and management of jobs, with the ability to assign each team member to their respective task(s).

Cons

The biggest issue our team has encountered is within the proofing process. There are almost too many ways to upload and submit project files that need to be sent to the Proof stage. Three different people could upload a proof in 3 different ways and/or in 3 different areas. (Examples: in the Documents tab in the main project; in a Task area for a different subtask; through the sidebar on the right side of the page, where use can click "Ask for Approval", etc.) That's meant to sound confusing and brain-melting, because that's how it often feels in trying to simply send a file for approval and, in turn, receive feedback. We also find ourselves needing to "tag" basically anyone and everyone who MAY be associated with the project. Just in the hopes they'll actually receive the Updates and/or notifications.

Sophie from JFF

Very satisfactory. Cant imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

Pros

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

Cons

Because its so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

Elliot from Synchrony

Workfront Synchs

I was part of the team that vetted, implemented and trained the team on Workfront. It is an amazing robust tool. Has everything we need to manage projects.

Pros

I love the robust reporting and dashboards it provides the team, management and leadership. Overall, it is the best PM tool I've implemented and used.

Cons

It can be a time consuming for the Account Managers to set up and update projects. Especially once a task goes off schedule.

Dave from Intouch Solutions

Happy so far!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and most of tools provided are easily used or ignored if your companies processes and workflows don't need them. The Workfront consultants we've worked with so far have been great. They're all accommodating and want us to be successful. And the resources we can look at on our own without needing to talk to someone are also pretty great. The videos or schedule training sessions are helpful in giving high-level overviews of the software and how things work. The company also pushes upgrades to the software on a regular basis. I've seen several great improvements come across that tweak how easy it is to do things in the system.

Cons

Lot's of small nit-picky things. There are bugs here and there but they've been pretty minor and solved by the Workfront teams pretty quickly. The help articles are less helpful as they're fairly generic and don't specifically describe what fields will do/won't do. A lot of that has come through trial an error. Example, there's a required field for Group when you set up a project in the system. The Help Article alludes to this helping share access to the project with that group. Come to find out, this field doesn't do anything at all. The tool has just been upgraded and improved a couple times and the help articles aren't up-to-date to tell you any of that.

Eric from Crowley Maritime Corporation

September 2015

The product works great, nice company to work with

Pros

What really differentiates WorkFront from the competition is how well it communicates with the project team as changes are made. Basic reporting is almost trivial - I create reports and extracts for people while they wait. We can schedule reports and automate the communication of critical information. It also provides the project structure we need to model our portfolios, programs, and projects - that helps us keep clear lines of responsibility in projects.

Cons

It is not the strongest role-based infinite capacity planner I've seen. It does a great job of user utilization analysis, but not role-based capacity planning. There are also some data objects that cannot be reported on, which just means we have to get creative.

September 2015

Michael from eXplorance Inc.

September 2015

Workfront offers incredible flexibility and reporting

Pros

I absolutely love the user interface and the ability to customize layouts to display exactly the information my users need to get their work done efficiently. Allowing field editing inside views and dashboards is pure genius. Creating custom forms is easy and gives me the flexibility to collect all of the information needed for tasks, issues, projects, requests, etc., and the ability to update these as my company evolves. Reporting is very powerful and we are now using charts and graphs to quickly identify projects and tasks that need attention. Customer support and other services like training, webinars, consulting, user forums, etc. are all top rate. LEAP 2015 was truly impressive and I highly recommend attending LEAP 2016 (I know I'm looking forward to it!)

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. There were a few UI-related features that I felt were missing, but the most important ones (to me) have been addressed. Occasionally there are some minor bugs after a software upgrade, but they are always fixed very quickly.

Angela from CUNA Mutual Group

Growing and Learning into Workfront

Pros

Being able to track the approvals on a document is amazing. Prior to Workfront we were keeping track of this via emails and CCing everyone and their supervisors to get responses. Now the system says in "black and white" where approvals are at for all of our documents. I also really like the ability to re-assign tasks to team members on the fly when someone is out sick or preparing to go on vacation. Since I am one of our system administrators I have access to the help desk and the service I have received for the few issues I have submitted has been attentive and friendly. I also like that Workfront encourages their customers to submit product ideas.

Cons

I'm still learning the product - I'm by no means an expert at this point, but one of the items myself and my fellow admins have been struggling with is the process of developing templates and learning/teaching resources for this are limited. If this aspect of the product was a little more simplified, we could be even more productive.

Great project management tool that consolidates all needed information.

Pros

When a whole team is using this tool it allows for seamless progress without having to send mundane and repetitive emails throughout the day. You can track progress, assign tasks to people, upload documents, fill out necessary custom forms and then generate reports from said forms and tasks. It's easily customize able so you can manage and alter templates; also you can mess around in Sandbox which will allow you to try and "break the system" without harming of the already completed work. There are a lot of tools that I've yet to discover in WorkFront, but the live updates that are published company-wide is a great indirect communication tool.

Cons

WorkFront can be very slow to update and laggy. Once a template exceeds the 400 task mark, the overall program will start to slow. Also, when altering dates the program can be very slow to update and sometimes I'll need to "Recalculate Timeline" just to see if my edit had saved. I've also heard that it is quite pricey for my company (even though I don't pay for it personally), Smartsheets I've heard is cheaper.

Marta from Marketing

Industry: Machinery

Not only for nerds

Simply brilliant. It has changed the way my team goes around the daily tasks and how we can find the answers to our stakeholders' questions.

Pros

Easiness of configuring and implementing even by a person who is not an IT expert. Great online courses and articles library have helped a lot on making the in-house implementation smooth.

Cons

There aren't things I really didn't like but I remember seeing the application for the first time and having an overwhelming feeling about too many functions and tabs - that's until i've learned what they are for and howe to use them.

Peter from GOJO Industries, INC.

Industry: Chemicals

Technology and Collaboration will Help you Succeed

Workfront has been transformational in the way we manage and collaborate on projects.

Pros

Workfront is a very robust system with the ability to customer a project, imbed milestones and collaborate with internal and external partners. It is truly a leader in the space.

Cons

More of an internal issue but we don't have a unified, cross-functional Admin who is fully understands all the use cases, ways of working, etc. and I would highly recommend having both a center of excellence in addition to a centralized Admin.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,005 reviews