What are BigTime users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using BigTime software through verified user reviews

• icon"This is a great mobile timesheet app. It tracks every hour spent on a project and helps to track everything that each person is doing."
  • icon"The fact that the staff genuinely cares and believes in the product is what I like best."
  • icon"I like the ease of use the most as well as the availability of the support team."
  • icon"It can be confusing to some extent - one of our contractors, in this instance, had 2 profiles and was entering hours and expenses under the company name first instead of under his name."
  • icon"This makes it difficult to integrate BT invoicing directly into QB data. A problem made even more difficult given that all of our projects to date have been invoiced from QB."
  • icon"Its inability to perform some task that I am used to which is to be expected in a switch form one system to the next."

Browse all BigTime Reviews

• Have you used BigTime and would like to share your experience with others?

Jen

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Big time is worth a try

Jessica

June 2022

A fantastic tool for managing projects

The best approach to keep track of many projects' time and expenditures. Invoicing is also a breeze because to the platform's user-friendly interface. I can view all of my projects and team members in this platform, and we can all manage everything together. The Bigtime team's assistance is also a big plus in my book.

Pros

It's a piece of software that performs exactly what it's supposed to and does it well. The process of implementation was quite fair, and the accompanying customer service was excellent. Time tracking and the ability to divide it into other sections if necessary. For numerous projects, I've taken use of the platform's ability to develop custom reports, which have been useful.

Cons

BigTime doesn't always communicate to itself, so you have to dig a little further to find the answer you're looking for. In addition, I've used BigTime's "help" option and spoken with a live person who was able to diagnose my difficulties immediately away.

Reasons for switching to BigTime

When I've run across problems with my reports, I've always been able to get assistance from support (s). You may see how your reports were made so you can improve your own work.

Lori

Big Time

Time and Expense reporting for employees who work in different sites. Invoicing has simplified our billing system.

Pros

Ease of use for time reporting, expense tracking, invoicing and tracking jobsites. Mobile App.

Cons

Mobile App is very limited and a lot of glitches.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

Spring Ahead was limited on tracking specific tasks. They did not offer invoicing or mobile app ability.

Response from BigTime Software

Lori, Thanks so much for posting a review for us here at BigTime - we really appreciate your time and your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're finding the software easy to use for the tracking of your time and expenses, as well as invoicing and making things easier on the go. If you're having difficulty with the mobile app, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance and let your Customer Success Rep know too and we'll see what we can do to help. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Replied November 2019

Cordelia

BigTime Support - Ouick Response Issue Resolved!!

Received a quick response from the Support Center and IT. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was my support person. He was professional and handled my issue in a timely and quick manner. IT was super helpful for and answered all questions.

Pros

Timesheets, custom invoicing, reporting, customization ability & user support.

Cons

This product is good I do not have any cons to report at this time.

Jenna

Bigtime

Overall this is for big company's with employees over 100 plus to time manage them but need a better system for invoicing.

Pros

I like that you are able to create your own engagements per client.

Cons

I least like the invoice part as it does not function how it is suppose too. There are to many steps for it to be integrated into QuickBooks.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

They company told me it was an easy use.

Response from BigTime Software

Jenna, Thanks so much for this review- we really appreciate hearing from all our customers here at BigTime! We are very glad to hear that you're happy with our engagements and how you can create unique engagements per client, but we're sad to hear that you feel that invoicing is not working for you. There are many ways you can use BigTime's invoicing, and there are many help features that can help you learn how. Here are just a few: Knowledge Base Articles/Videos: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#invoicing http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/ http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/video-tutorial-post-invoices-to-quickbooks/ Our Invoicing Webinar: https://youtu.be/yt2LrF9mRAk Schedule a Live Webinar here: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ Also, feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success - we'd love to help you learn more about invoicing! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Jonathan

May 2022

Really Great Software for my day to day!

Pros

As a startup architectural business, keeping track of billable time on jobs is of utmost importance. I just finished the implementation phase and I am extremely pleased with BigTime and the implementation staff. When making my decision to go with BigTime, I researched various companies. I found BigTime’s fee structure to be welcoming of startup businesses. Once we began the process of implementation, I realized that BigTIme is very robust and that I currently only need a small portion of what the software can do. My contact at BigTime was easy to work with and he let me lead the process and drill down to only what I need and exactly what I need. During one video call my contact invited a BigTime programmer to listen to what I was trying to accomplish. That step made all the difference and I am extremely grateful for the custom reports that were set up for me. It’s a good feeling to know that the fee structure and software capabilities of BigTime are all in place for me to grow my business. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and BigTime!

Cons

Nothing to note yet. There might be something once I get farther in.

Scott

Best thing my company ever did

Now that we have made the switch to BigTime, we have begun to realize how much time was wasted using spreadsheets, outdated time tracking software, a different project management tool for each project. We are saving time and endless headaches.

Pros

Prior to BigTime, my organization used a hodgepodge of systems to track time, track expenses, and invoice. Having all three of those in one spot has saved us 40+ man-hours a month. The customer service is also fantastic. Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT ] is very easy to work with and really knows his stuff.

Cons

Coming from a mess of different tools and consolidating into one simple, easy to use tool, it is really hard for me to say what can be improved at this point.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

The cost was a large driving factor, but simplicity was really the reason.

Jara

This is what we've been looking for!

Its been great so far! super friendly and helpful staff

Pros

budgeting, specific pricing per client, and time tracking.

Cons

Just learning something new is always hard, but the staff made it very easy to learn

Reasons for choosing BigTime

This had more of our needed features

Reasons for switching to BigTime

It didn't have the features we needed

Dustin

Enhancing Project Management with BigTime

Pros

Tracking time and being able to in real time look at where we stand on each project from a billing standpoint.

Cons

We are in the early implementation stages of BigTime, everything currently is an improvement over how we previously operated. No known "cons" at this time.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

QuickBooks Desktop Integration, cost, features, etc.

Jenna

Industry: Biotechnology

June 2022

Ease of use, detailed tracking and great support

Great experience, all the support we need is accessible.

Pros

The DCAA internal features make it easy for employees to comply, they have easy Quickbooks integrations and great support features

Cons

Lack of required SSO features and can't accommodate multiple countries or currencies

Reasons for choosing BigTime

Ease of use and support features

Reasons for switching to BigTime

To enforce DCAA compliance and easier system

Thomas

Industry: Civil Engineering

May 2022

Small businesses who use QB can run more efficient with BigTime

Tracking time and expenses and quickly generating invoices frees me up to do the work i am good at.

Pros

I can easily view the billing status of all of our jobs from my phone, computer, ipad, wherever.

Cons

It is not really a criticism but it took a little while to adapt to the software. Once adapted it makes perfect sense.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

At the time it was the combination of price point, and services provided.

BigTime save big time

Invoice creation. Task and project management.

Pros

It makes it fun to schedule and track progress of projects.

Cons

Doesn’t have great focus for large and global enterprise agencies.

Geneil

Industry: Oil & Energy

Just what we needed!

Pros

We no longer have to use 3 different platforms, Big Time has it all in ONE!

Cons

So far so good, don't have any complaints.

Reasons for switching to BigTime

Needed everything in one spot

Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations

Automating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.

Pros

Overall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display the form for our field's timesheet data entry, there was a way to configure the system to our liking. Also, we have been very impressed with the speed of the system and the design of the user interface. It's very responsive, easy to use, and everything is laid out intuitively. Also, the Reporting module is very comprehensive and it provides a way to pull data just about any which way one could want. BigTime has also been responsive and helpful in helping to support us when certain custom reports were required and we needed some guidance. Special thanks to both CSRs for their support with our implementation.

Cons

We have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area for improvement is sometimes the bill rate isn’t pulled into the invoicing module consistently so we have to re-enter all the rates in that particular project code. As far as platform enhancements to make BigTime even better, we have suggested the ability to enhance the Allocations module so a manager can forecast a resource across multiple projects within the same or multiple accounts from the same screen/grid. Today this must be done via clicking into each project in the Project List section which is time consuming and a little clunky. This would be huge for us since we have a number of consultants who work on multiple projects across a given week/month/etc. Another enhancement would be to provide easy-to-pull reports that show a consultants profitability (revenue generated minus cost) across a given date range. This is not currently doable with the platform, but all the data is there since the system maintains both bill rate and cost-level information. We are hoping these items make their way onto the product roadmap here in the relative near future.

Response from BigTime Software

David, First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you. Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Rhonda

Experience was rough in the beginning. It would be VALUABLE for onboarding to be completed by someo

full integration with our financial software - invaluable... there are many great software solutions out there that do what they do fantastically, however they lack full detailed integration with financial software... not Big Time! BigTime allows you to manage workflow and not miss deadlines. You can quickly reassign work, monitor deadlines, track phone calls/messages, assign tasks, view work in progress, allocate work, and also track all financial functions related to this work inside your financial software. No more having to track accounts receivable and client payments in two systems. After spending 8 months with 2 people trying and testing multiple practice management solutions, Big Time was the best and satisfied all of the "critical" requirements.

Pros

The ability to communicate in detail with QBD and QBO. FYI to all who job cost... You CANNOT job cost in QBO. It is not a limitation of BigTime, it is a limitation of QBO. Which is what i mean by my partial experience answer above... (allow more text there).. if onboarding is completed with a premeeting checklist about the firms existing workflow and time management and by someone intimately familiar with the industry that is using BigTime the cons below could be addressed upfront. The team at BigTime were difficult to get a hold of but once they were aware they worked like crazy to get us setup and working in the time frame we had. We moved our QBO file back to QBD (we had to do the testing on our own because the team at BT didn't know why job costing wasn't working in QBO) Once we moved back to QBD the job costing, invoicing, payroll work like a charm inside QBD. Hands down, it is the best integration with QBD of any practice management software out there... We had 2 people who spent 8 months testing many software solutions... most were lacking at least 1 "critical" requirement... Big Time was not. As we become aware and work through things like "terminology" we are becoming more and more confident in the workflow and keeping track of what is due when and who has what and what state the work is in. This is key as we go into tax season but also something we cannot live without on a day to day basis as 95% of our work is recurring on various time schedules. Thank yo

Cons

The wide range of terminology used in the software is confusing and causes errors to be made during implementation. Examples: Start Date and End Date... without these terms being defined you would think that start date is the day the work should begin and that End Date is the DUE DATE. Not so within Big Time. For recurring tasks, Start Date means Due Date in Big Time language. Another example: Completed vs Archived. Completed in most software solutions means that the job is finished or done; and archived means done and sent to storage with no recurrence nor future work is expected. In Big Time the term Archive means Completed or Finished or Done and removes the task from the workflow list and generates the next task in the reccurence. In BigTime the term Completed means something different... still unsure what it means because even when you update a task/project status to "completed" the task remains on the workflow list.

Benjah Maina

Industry: Writing and Editing

February 2022

Honest Review of BigTime

Finding the right project manage the software to keep your projects on time and on budget can be tough. Luckily, big time aims to do just that.Big time is project management software with a focus on time tracking and budgeting. Big time is project management and billing software targeted at professional service firms such as engineering, legal or IP services. The project management tools allow PMS to track time expenses, project status and task assignments, resource management tools to help keep teams on the same page and see how project plans fit together in big time includes a billing and invoicing features with a variety of industry standard billing scenarios to fit users and their clients specific needs. Big time is priced per user per month billed annually and offers three plans with increasing prices and features Express Pro and Premier. The bulk of big times features start with that Pro Plan with Premier adding items like resource allocation, revenue projections and unlimited API access. There's no free version of big time but there is a free trial available. Big time is web based and accessible via modern browsers. But it's also available for download on both Mac and Windows, and has mobile apps for both the iOS and Android devices. Big Time comes with a number of features to help you manage project management functions. Big time features project management tools to keep projects running on time and on budget.

Pros

-Ease of use -The staff and support as being especially helpful -The mobile timesheet app is convenient for tracking time on a granular level

Cons

-Data import from previous systems can be cumbersome with the user citing data not matching up after the import -The intergration with Quickbooks can prove difficult with some users complaing that the system have had a hard time syncing up

Denise

We use BigTime for Professional Services Automation. It is great for our multilevel company.

Our company is not able to more accurately and completely track time to be charged to a project. Our systems are now more automated and more paperless.

Pros

BigTime allows users from a variety of backgrounds to connect to the software from various platforms (desktop, laptop, smart phone) to track time per project, to track expenses on a daily basis with electronic submission of receipts, to run reports on time spent, to connect with external accounting software seamlessly.

Cons

the software has some limits on "naming" items that do not always correspond directly to our external software and do not fit within our company culture. (For example: In BigTime, billable means charged to the project, may invoiced or may not invoice. In our company culture, billable means an invoice will be sent for payment to the client.

Response from BigTime Software

Denise, Thank you so much for the review - we truly appreciate the time and the effort you've taken to let us know how our software is working for you. We're very happy to hear that BigTime is working for you throughout your organization and that you're able to use the software across several different platforms - we work hard to make that happen! We're very sorry to hear that some of the terminology used by BigTime is inconsistent with your business processes. We try to make BigTime as flexible as possible, and you can change many of these terms within your Lexicon (check under My Company>My Company>Lexicon) but there are some terms we cannot change at this time. That being said, that feature might make for an excellent Feature Request. If you'd like to learn more about how to submit a Feature Request, please reach out to us at success@bigtime.net. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Replied April 2018

Sonia

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The training sessions have been paramount to my success with using the software. Brea rocks!

Ease of use with Quickbooks integrations and lots of customizations for staff

Pros

Straight forward navigation on all tabs makes all operations easy. I like that all of the administrator functions are kept fairly simple; there are a lot of great ways to customize almost everything, without being overwhelming to learn. Most customizations are nice since you really only need to set them up once, then make small tweaks until everything is just right. The software will be very easy to train new employees to use. I love that it links to Quickbooks; I have so much less leg work than my previous software when it comes to data entry. So far a fairly smooth transition from the previous software.

Cons

While there are a lot of ways to customize the appearance of pages for employees, the invoices are still fairly restrictive. I find it odd that I can't change little things like: justifications (Overall message stuck in the center of the page and I can't indent it lower), and the job name is right justified and continues long names to the next line mid word sometimes; the color or boldness of each text line (ex. I would like the job name bold or larger font and some lines to be in color). I know these changes can be made as a word doc, but then it won't change my template in Big Time.. Second, creating a report to my liking has been very challenging. I need a monthly report for each project manager with an individual detailed overview of each project every month. However, when I have tried to tailor existing reports or make my own I always get an error that my report can't be created. Third, our billing cycle falls mid month and it would be preferable if timesheets and billing could be broken up by custom billing cycle rather than monthly. It's hard to track the cycle with just a weekly timesheet view. It's a change we can work with, but it requires a lot of extra work for the admin to constantly filter in invoicing. Lastly, the character limit on job titles is painfully small. We have a hard time getting all crucial information to fit. It would help dramatically if the job info screen had a place to record the address of the job.

Scott

Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration

Pros

We support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.

Cons

There is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

Reasons for switching to BigTime

We decided that it was more cost effective to move to a SaaS product than to build it ourselves.

Response from BigTime Software

Scott, We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake! Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Jean

Accounts Receivable/Accounting Manager BigTime Review (Not project management)

The training was really amazing. And the capabilities made it well worth the switch from Productive.

Pros

The customization and the ability to track just about anything you want for project management, profitability and invoicing. And the integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

I wish more fields were customizable. The handful that they allow you to rename are great, but more would be better! I wish there was a 45 day training session to ask questions that arise after using for a bit.

Reasons for choosing BigTime

I was not part of the research that was done. I was given the final choice to test and work with the sale rep to ensure that it performed the way we needed it to. If I was not happy we would have gone back to the drawing board. But, I know one of our main objectives is to track project profitability and this is so far doing what we needed it to do.

Reasons for switching to BigTime

Productive was very limited, and the budgeting side was terribly difficult to navigate especially with our high volume of monthly retainers

Mary

Industry: Oil & Energy

I still recommend this product after having using it for 10 years

Time tracking, expense reports and invoicing all comes out of the same information that is entered in one place: BigTime We use QuickBooks for accounting and the BigTime information flows easily into QuickBooks at a nightly synchronization.

Pros

The ease of use and setup, management and flawless connection to QuickBooks to post information and allow us to invoice clients, print and pay expense reports and collect project information in an easy to use project database. Time tracking is a breeze and built in reports allow us to view important information with a few clicks.

Cons

That the BigTime monitor is not a service but it requires an account to be always signed in in order to run. I hope it can be converted to a service that we don't have to worry about.

Response from BigTime Software

Mary, Thanks so much for your review - hearing good things from our customers always makes us happy, but hearing good things from our customers from the past decade really makes our year! :) We're very pleased to hear that we're doing things well in your book and we're going to try really hard to keep doing so and maintain your positive impression of us. Regarding the Sync Manager, it's actually the security requirements of Quickbooks that prevents us from creating a stand-alone service, so as long as Quickbooks keeps their security as is, then our hands are unfortunately tied. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you, or if we can assist in anyway! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Replied May 2018

Good Basic system that is easy to use

Overall BigTime is a good system that works for what it is suppose to and is simple to use for someone that knows how to use a computer. We have been able to track hours against certain projects by person which helps us with cost estimating. I am sure there are plenty of good systems out there but I have been satisfied for my responsibility when using BigTime.

Pros

The ability to pull out job lists with titles is very convenient for having team review meetings. You are able to pull out most reports into excel and filter and sort from there. Having the task status is very useful for those who utilize that feature. My office does not take full advantage of the capabilities this system offers but does work for us when being used.

Cons

For the new Gantt chart feature I have not been able to use very much but am disappointed it is not able to be exported into excel like the other reports. The difficulty with this system is that it is only as good as your weakest link. For my office enforcing full participation is difficult and that prevents us from taking full advantage. I do not work in accounting but apparently it does not sync as well as it used to for quick books and other software. This makes work duplicated on that end which is really inconvenient. Another item that is irritating is when pulling complete job list you have to do it a certain way or else it will not pull old jobs that you were not listed as team member for. That caused some confusion/concern during review meetings.

Steve

Cloud Based Time & Project Tracking for CPA firm

Does what I need - staff have no problems at all entering time and it does all we need to track returns and who has what

Pros

I chose this software since cloud based access and integration with Lacerte and Quickbooks, my staff has found it easy to use.

Cons

Reports are very, very generic and lacking compared to other programs I have used

Reasons for choosing BigTime

cloud based had been in place

Office Tools tripled price

Response from BigTime Software

Steve, Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased that you are finding the software and its integration features easy to use and that the software is providing the services that you and your staff require to get the job done. Regarding your statement about the reports in BigTime, you are correct - they are very generic, by design. BigTime services many different industries, so the reports are generic to provide basic information across the board. However, they are also infinitely customizable! You can review some of the ways you can customize your reports in BigTime via the following webinar: https://youtu.be/R6juDAuEgNE We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Replied February 2020

Derek

Industry: Maritime

Bigtime Review

My company is able to use Bigtime for time and job management. All of our employees utilize it and is pretty user friendly. Customer support is extremely important to me and I have been working with representative who is the Manager for Customer Success and she has been great to work with! Without her support I would not have been able to learn how to utilize all of the functions that are beneficial for our business. I look forward to continuing to work with representative with helping me grow my knowledge of the software and utilize all of the great functions Bigtime has to offer. Thank you representative!

Pros

I like the functionality and how we were able to have some custom features made that are helpful for my job/company and how we use Bigtime.

Cons

I don't like that there are some advanced features offered but they are not completely working when I try to set them up.

Response from BigTime Software

Derek, Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased to hear that your interactions with Chris are helping you to understand all of our software's functionality and how you can apply your business processes to it. This is great to hear! As well, be sure and check out our Knowledge Base, which has hundreds of detailed articles on all of BigTime's functionality - these articles will prove to be invaluable as you continue to learn about BigTime's advanced features: http://kb.bigtime.net/ We hope this helps, and thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Replied April 2019

Shannon

December 2015

BigTime is a huge asset

Pros

I have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows me to easily track my time, expenses, and create invoices. I can readily see where I am with project budgets verses time spent and can easily gauge when it is time to bill. I am now a sole proprietor and have to wear all of the hats of the business. Having BigTime has been an indispensable tool in being able to manage the "business" side of the business easily and efficiently. The customer service (specifically through my personal Account Manager) is outstanding. If I ever have a question, he has solved it through timely and knowledgeable feedback or it has been resolved with a quick online chat with support. As you can tell, I can't say enough about this software and am so glad that I found it (and wish I would have found it sooner).

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change

BigTime