All Deltek Vision Reviews

Joseph

Reviewed July 2018

Phenomenal support and very expansive software set

PROS

Very responsive, very good support and never ending modules to make employees lives easier. We are currently using the Time and Expense mobile apps with little to no challenges. Setup took a bit of work but support was there ever step of the way. Any problem is corrected within hours instead of days.

CONS

Due to the complexity and versatility it is not as point and click for install or use as some other products. This is a very welcome trade off for me and my company as the benefits outweigh the cons.

Imran

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

PROS

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

CONS

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Kevin

Reviewed March 2017

Comprehensive software solution, but plan on building your processes around it

I've been the Vision champion in our organization since 2008 when we began to use it. Vision has been steadily improving over the past 10 years and also been getting left behind in innovation. Over our time with Vision we've evaluated other software at a few points and have not found a single solution that can provide a similar integrated experienced. The power of Vision and the reporting is built on Microsoft's SQL engine, but it does require users to be invested in learning it's use to get the most out of it. Without proper time devotion, training, and some trial and error it does leave users frustrated. Along with the power of the product comes a lot of over-complication and reported amounts that often aren't as expected or isn't fully explained or clear on where the data is coming from and what it means. This is probably the primary problem with Vision in my eyes - data labeled in one area of the program isn't the same as data reported under the same or very similar label in another part of the program. The end user experiences and ease of use is greatly lacking, but should be vastly improved as Vision is (finally) becoming modern and migrating from a .NET platform to a HTML/web-based platform. This upgrade shows promise of having better end user use and intuitiveness. We are hopeful that Vision will continue to be a tool for our company for many more years.

PROS

Powerful reporting and a mostly, all-in-one solution for managing our firm and projects

CONS

Usability. The lack of a user to be able to sit down with the product and pull the data they want without significant training. Data reported is calculated differently in part of the software - revenue in one area is actual billed amount while revenue in another is hours worked times billing rates.

Reviewed November 2017

I have used this software to report time and expenses for many years.

It captures time and expense data very thoroughly. I like that there is a field for every detail you would need to enter.

PROS

When configured properly this software is very user friendly and intuitive. There are a lot of features that not everyone will need but certainly useful if you take the time to learn it.

CONS

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software. The insert function inserts a new line item below instead of above the line selected but that is just a tiny bit annoying. I'm over it.

Reviewed May 2018

The basic functions of this software are easy to use, but it also has more complex capabilities.

I am able to easily input and track time, expenses, purchasing, and payroll with the easy user interface

PROS

I like that this software is easy to learn and operate. It has a simple user interface in order to easily input time tracking and payroll line items.

CONS

The thing I like least about this software is the complexity. When searching for specific date, it is difficult to set the correct parameters in order to find exactly what I need to find.

Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Great to Track Project Data, but Graphics are Dated

Works great for timesheets, tracking project data, and expense reports. Just don’t expect the program to be anything fancy or flashy

PROS

Great resource for keeping tabs on project data/business development/customer database for All clients. Haven’t delved into the project management components myself, but hear that they are pretty good too.

CONS

For a software to support the architecture world I am floored at how ugly and dated the interface looks. We have some architects who think it looks too ugly and refuse to use it which is a massive headache. Would love to see it get a redesign or face lift. Also it’s difficult to see longer project names - they get cut off in the scroll view. Pulling reports isn’t super intuitive either

Nathan

Reviewed April 2018

Used it for years, HR seems to like it, but it's complicated as hell for PMs

PROS

It keeps up with as many projects as we have - and we've got a bunch! We use it to track hundreds of projects, and it never crashes/drops - it's been very stable for us, and if you can understand how to ask for the right data, the reports are pretty helpful.

CONS

Understanding how to ask for the right data is very challenging sometimes. It's also hard to catch typos or other mistakes - it would be really nice if it has some inteligence, and could say "hey, you've charged time for the past month to project number 1234.5, and this month you're charging time to 12345 - is that a typo?"

Reviewed August 2018

Robust, a bit clunky

PROS

There are so many tweaks and options in this software - it can do a wide range of functions from balance sheet accounting, payroll, and project accounting

CONS

The interface is a bit dated and cluttered. There are a lot of options I wish I could hide

Jack

Reviewed July 2019

Deltek Review

PROS

The interface is very user friendly and allows everyone the ability to use it.

CONS

It is basic in nature so there is not much diversity allowed in the product.

Tiffany

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Aaccounting software for project based company

PROS

It is quite compatible to companies ran project-based

CONS

Reportings can can a pain at times. Dashboards could be improved.

Tony

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2018

See your Vision with Deltek!!!

This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

PROS

Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

CONS

The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

Nicole

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2017

Deltek Vision Review

Some of the areas are easy to use but some stuff is hard to find and add. It would be better to have simple terms and explanations in order to add information or search boxes, we have trouble sometimes configuring reports. The layout seems simple but it is actually kind of confusing. I would like to be able to change things and have more control to manipulate and still be able to run the reports under my projects. We are working and figuring it out as we go but still having trouble figuring out how to populate the information we are looking for because it is what we think it is. Also, sometimes it is hard to add in things because it is hard to figure out what sub area that item would be in. Overall I just feel the product could be a little more user friendly for running reports and customizing things. We are trying to incorporate Vision more this year to get the rest of our team on board so I hope to learn more as we go, but I still find that ultimately it takes a lot of time to figure some of the things out just because it isn't really intuitive at all. I think vision should go around and meet with those using the product to see what more they could change to make it more user friendly. It is hard to explain over a written review. I will say however, that the program does work great for tracking projects invoices and such so overall on that part I am satisfied.

PROS

Tracking projects

CONS

Not intuitive when it comes to customizing and running reports. Too many sub areas and can be hard to find the right thing.

Sandra

Reviewed February 2017

Vision Review by Accounting

Vision has good features and is lacking in some features. Vision used to be able to alphabetize A/R Statements when we initially started using it. Through upgrades, Vision lost that feature that we found valuable for our billing process. Vision is lacking in end of year reporting functionality. For example, end of year 1099 functionality is lacking. States require the account id assigned to companies to be reported on 1099s. Vision is currently unable to print accurate paper copies nor is it able to provide an accurate electronic file. Customer support was not able to help me and I had to manually edit the electronic file in order to have a 1099-MISC that would pass our state's criteria. Vision does not provide reporting for form 1099-INT which I need for reporting interest on shareholder payouts. Financial reporting is lacking some. Balance Sheets typically have Assets on page 1 and Liabilities and Equity on page 2. I have not found a way to easily achieve this with settings in Vision. I have employees that would like to be able to review their payroll withholdings and paystubs at any given time, but are not able to do that. At times, Vision is disappointing for the Accounting department. At other times, it is a rock star for us.

PROS

Integregrates the engineers project management with accounting reporting.

CONS

Payroll tax/End of Year Tax Reporting is lacking.

Chelsee

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

PROS

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful. It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

CONS

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Jeanice

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2017

My Experience

Overall, Vision is good. One feature I do not care for is the reporting and the fields are not in alphabetical order. I love the advanced search feature in reporting. I love the A/R transaction input experience where you just pull the invoice and it puts everything in. That is outstanding. Timesheets is another great feature of Deltek. One thing I feel needs to improve is the A/R search under the Accounting Tab/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review, if you don't know the invoice number and search by client, it pulls all projects for that client. It should only pull those projects with outstanding A/R. I don't care for the customer service thru the help. Calling was much better.

PROS

The A/R transaction entry, the advanced search in reporting, timesheet processes.

CONS

The project reporting list of fields not in alphabetical order when you are trying to create a report. I know you can sort but it would take that step away if it was automatic. The search for an invoice number under Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review.

Leigh